Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hello, Again! (1987) with Shelley Long and Judith Ivey is on Hulu

Shelley Long is a national treasure. Why did I always think the son in this was gay as hell?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 26, 2022 7:41 AM

Sela Ward was such a cold bitch in this.

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2022 1:40 AM

Did the writers name the character Lucy after Lucille Ball? The storyline seems like a situation that Lucy Ricardo would find herself in, choking to death on a chicken ball and then being resurrected a year later.

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2022 5:47 AM

Love Sela Ward. Shelley Long is an entitled bitch. I know someone who knew her from her 'local commercial' days.

by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2022 6:35 AM

Loved this as a 17 year old gay virgin.

by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2022 6:41 AM

Not one of Shelley’s better comedies…but whenever it was on cable I’d watch just for the scene featuring Corbin Bernsen’s furry blond chest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2022 12:30 PM

She was only gone a year. Her family really were a-holes to her and moved on way too quick.

by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2022 12:36 PM

This movie seems to have a cult following with gay men born in the 1980s and grew up with it.

by Anonymousreply 7June 25, 2022 3:19 AM

Don't know it, but I like that song by the Cars. HELLO! HELLO AGAIN! bow-bow-bow-bow-bow-bow-bow-bow

by Anonymousreply 8June 25, 2022 3:45 AM

I remember seeing this in the theaters when I was 6. At the time, I really didn’t understand what was going on other than she died, came back to life by her witch sister, and didn’t end up with her husband.

by Anonymousreply 9June 25, 2022 7:48 AM

What do you think about it now, R9?

by Anonymousreply 10June 26, 2022 4:30 AM

I don’t think I’ve seen it since I was 15. I really liked it then, R10.

by Anonymousreply 11June 26, 2022 7:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!