Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Shirley MacLaine & Terms of a Dear Mint

I just rewatched The Apartment and thought MacLaine was just so specular that I looked up her filmography. Many said "Terms of a Dear Mint" was the best sentimental pic ever made. From there I did a deep dive and her competition for the Oscars was insane the year that she won. Karen Silkwood was a contender. Was Shirley’s performance that good? I watched it last night and it was no On Goldeny Pond. I didn't think it was that stellar, but I do like MacLaine. She seems completely separate from Hollywood, yet had received multiple Oscar nomination. WHET ever happened to her?

by Anonymousreply 10June 24, 2022 12:35 AM

How doe we know it wasn't Terms of a Deer Mint?

by Anonymousreply 1June 23, 2022 9:18 PM

Streep should've won for Silkwood, but there was no way they were going to give her her (well-deserved) THIRD that quickly.

by Anonymousreply 2June 23, 2022 9:23 PM

[quote] WHET ever happened to her?

WHET on DL? The Sachi Parker book happened and people round here don't go for stars who are cruel to their children.

by Anonymousreply 3June 23, 2022 9:25 PM

I find it interesting that Shirley wasn't nominated again after Terms, despite turning in good performances in movies like Madame Soustazka, Steel Magnolias, Postcards from the Edge and The Evening Star.

by Anonymousreply 4June 23, 2022 9:29 PM

OP you are a mean bitch. AND I AM HERE FOR IT.

by Anonymousreply 5June 23, 2022 9:30 PM

R5 Thank you! This movie about a beloved mint and its Oscar winning star are both very important.

by Anonymousreply 6June 23, 2022 9:45 PM

Tom Hanks just killed it in The Philadelphia Story.

by Anonymousreply 7June 24, 2022 12:05 AM

R3 Are you serious?

by Anonymousreply 8June 24, 2022 12:08 AM

This must be the least funny running gag in the history of Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 9June 24, 2022 12:31 AM

Good God make OP shut up.

by Anonymousreply 10June 24, 2022 12:35 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!