Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Data Loungers Don't Mince Words

Straight film critic Jeffrey Wells lavishes praise on this website:

DataLounge, the greatest, funniest and most nourishing gay gossip site on the entire planet, is 27 years old, and glory hallelujah.

I don’t know how large the readership is, but I love that DL is part of the conversation, and especially that the commenters don’t filter themselves. Because when it comes to judging or challenging sacred-cow narratives in the universe of woke (yes!), they’re protected by their identity.

Straight white guys have to phrase carefully and watch their backs, but gay guys (especially under the cloak of DL anonymity) don’t give a toss.

Read their recent Bradley Cooper comments…merciless here and there. And their remarks about Brad Pitt‘s new GQ cover, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 23, 2022 7:41 PM

Jeffrey Wells posting here would make a lot of sense. He is an enormous piece of shit. Absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Loathed by nearly everyone who has to deal with him, and for good reason.

by Anonymousreply 1June 23, 2022 3:42 PM

“Don’t give a toss?” Mornin’, guv! Bob’s yer uncle!

by Anonymousreply 2June 23, 2022 3:44 PM

Who the hell is Jeffrey Wells?

by Anonymousreply 3June 23, 2022 3:46 PM

What are Jeffreys? What are wells?

by Anonymousreply 4June 23, 2022 3:47 PM

He has a website called Hollywood Elsewhere that was a big deal 15 years ago or so, r3.

Everyone needs to know that the title for his post is a homophobic pun. We don't "mince" words because we're gay and we mince. Get it? That's Wells's sense of humor.

He's one of our anti-trans trolls, it seems, so thank you OP for outing him. I'll remember this bit of information.

by Anonymousreply 5June 23, 2022 3:48 PM

OP, you're the author of the Bradley Cooper thread that Wells praised in his blog post.

Meanwhile, every anti-trans thread that Wells praised was written by the same poster.

I don't believe in this many coincidences. You ARE Wells, and you were upset because you posted about us yesterday and we didn't notice, so you posted about it yourself. That was stupid of you.

by Anonymousreply 6June 23, 2022 4:06 PM

So, we should brace for a trickle of newbs.

by Anonymousreply 7June 23, 2022 4:07 PM

r1, so he is a typical DLer? He is one of us.

by Anonymousreply 8June 23, 2022 4:12 PM

Stoppit!!! The more publicity she gets, the more Muriel is inclined to raise our subscription rates!!! Such fools!

by Anonymousreply 9June 23, 2022 4:12 PM

If people find out Jeffrey Wells is providing some of the forum's content, Mediapolis is going to have to offer coupons to get members to keep paying.

by Anonymousreply 10June 23, 2022 4:20 PM

[quote] So, we should brace for a trickle of newbs.

Probably not. There's already a huge overlap between his modest following and the lowest common denominator of Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 11June 23, 2022 4:21 PM

I hadn't been to his website in quite some time, and didn't realize that the sane and normal commenters had all left. Last I knew, he was still getting attention from the old straight white-guy Gen X and Boomer film critic contingent, who would complain about him relentlessly in private, then post on his blog publicly, because they believed it still had some industry cachet. Seems that they finally abandoned him, too.

by Anonymousreply 12June 23, 2022 4:24 PM

R6, that's insane. In the same post you accuse me of being both the OP of the Bradley Cooper thread that Wells references, and also Wells himself. Who else do you think I am? Spartacus? Marie of Roumania?

I swear, the idea that every person who posts anything has some nefarious agenda that must be uncovered is one of the worst tendencies of this website.

by Anonymousreply 13June 23, 2022 4:31 PM

[quote] but gay guys (especially under the cloak of DL anonymity) don’t give a toss.

Oh, I don’t know about that. I’ve been known to give a toss or two from time to time. Usually when my mouth gets tired.

by Anonymousreply 14June 23, 2022 4:33 PM

[quote]Jeffrey Wells posting here would make a lot of sense. He is an enormous piece of shit.

Well fuck you fully.

Personally, I identify as a medium piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 15June 23, 2022 4:35 PM

This thread does not mince words.

by Anonymousreply 16June 23, 2022 4:35 PM

[quote]In the same post you accuse me of being both the OP of the Bradley Cooper thread that Wells references, and also Wells himself.

You started the Bradley Cooper thread he links to, OP, correct? The one about Cooper telling a director to go fuck himself?

by Anonymousreply 17June 23, 2022 4:37 PM

But we do mince prisspots

by Anonymousreply 18June 23, 2022 5:28 PM

Well, wouldja look at that.

I was a film critic for about a decade and had the misfortune of dealing with Wells. He is indeed a complete waste of time and resources. The only person in the business that I hated more than him was Cole Smithey.

After reading that blog post of his, I also believe he's posting over here, and that makes sense because DL is a rightwing garbage fire many days, and he would fit right in with the other impressively stupid trolls around here. I'm just shocked he hasn't been posting links to his own blog like Milo used to do.

I'm also surprised the Awards Daily folks aren't all over this thread, now that I think about it.

by Anonymousreply 19June 23, 2022 7:12 PM

The Brantley cooper thread reads like an echo chamber of 3 or so very intent posters.

by Anonymousreply 20June 23, 2022 7:18 PM

I'm proud to say that I use the word "cunt" more than anyone else on this site.

by Anonymousreply 21June 23, 2022 7:31 PM

Oh Lord! More looneys are about to descend upon us

by Anonymousreply 22June 23, 2022 7:39 PM

Brantley!

by Anonymousreply 23June 23, 2022 7:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!