Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why are Jewish men super feminine?

You’ll rarely see a muscular jew with masculine mannerism, why are they super soft and girly like?

by Anonymousreply 166March 22, 2023 6:55 AM

Jewish men are some of the sexiest

by Anonymousreply 1June 23, 2022 4:22 AM

Where do you live and have you always been antisemitic?

by Anonymousreply 2June 23, 2022 4:23 AM

I think you need to be more specific. Do you mean white ashkenazi Jewish men in America? If so I’d be more inclined to agree with you. Definitely not the case as for many Israeli or sefardi or Persian Jewish men.

by Anonymousreply 3June 23, 2022 4:26 AM

R2 love how Jews call everyone antisemitism whenever someone asked the slightest question. The most triggered victim complexity group

by Anonymousreply 4June 23, 2022 4:27 AM

R3 you are definitely correct, I was only referring to ashkenazi, not all Jews.

by Anonymousreply 5June 23, 2022 4:28 AM

Not very physical, more bookish.

by Anonymousreply 6June 23, 2022 4:28 AM

You guys just reminded me of this scene from FAMILY GUY. 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 23, 2022 4:41 AM

My husband is Ashkanazi, and he is one of the biggest brutes I know. He used to played college football, took up boxing, and when I first met him, his idea of a good time was getting into fist fights punk dive at bars. Thankfully, as we became serious I was able to talk some sense into him, and he's stopped the fighting. I am a Mizrahi jew, and I am the more fem one compared to him.

by Anonymousreply 8June 23, 2022 4:41 AM

I should ad, If you ever find yourself with a gay Syrian Jew from Brooklyn, you may as well just be dating a woman.

by Anonymousreply 9June 23, 2022 4:44 AM

OP lives in a predominantly-Jewish nursing home.

by Anonymousreply 10June 23, 2022 4:48 AM

I swear to god some or most of you never leave the house

by Anonymousreply 11June 23, 2022 4:50 AM

Blame their mothers.

by Anonymousreply 12June 23, 2022 5:21 AM

Sacha Baron Cohen?

He did say people got him mixed up with Sasha Cohen all the time, especially the bodies.

by Anonymousreply 13June 23, 2022 5:23 AM

Oh look! Another Jew-hating turd wankfest. See R4 for example.

by Anonymousreply 14June 23, 2022 5:28 AM

R14 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 15June 23, 2022 6:16 AM

Why don’t you ask Mossad?

by Anonymousreply 16June 23, 2022 6:21 AM

I think by "super-feminine" OP means "they read".

by Anonymousreply 17June 23, 2022 6:24 AM

Are you a troll or being antisemitic? Neither is a good look.

by Anonymousreply 18June 23, 2022 6:30 AM

I’m Jewish and I’m not offended by this.. I understand where his observations are coming from. There are definitely feminine Jewish guys. It depends on where you grew up. New York jews are very very different than LA jews. Have you ever met a Jew from Denver? Your often a product of your environment. I grew up in Minneapolis & played hockey etc.

by Anonymousreply 19June 23, 2022 6:41 AM

I am half Jewish, but the side that counts, so Jewish and all my Jewish boyfriends have been hype masculine. I dated a Persian Israeli Jew and a French Moroccan Jew. I had the best sex of my life with the Persian - he really taught me that there is serious skill to being an excellent top and he has hit. The French Moroccan just tore me hole up every night. He was obsessed with cumming in me like clockwork - when we woke up every morning and before we went to bed. I remember going to the Dead Sea together after a marathon fuck session and my asshole felt like i shoved a bundle of lit matches it, but it kind of hurt so good.

by Anonymousreply 20June 23, 2022 6:52 AM

I know what you mean R19. LA Jewish guys are very particular, finicky, want to appear slightly more cultured than the average man. In other words, very gay. NY Jews are not like that, more loud and obnoxious, tacky.

by Anonymousreply 21June 23, 2022 6:53 AM

It's a stereotype and a bad one.

But it's also a stereotype that Woody Allen has spent a career and made a fortune promoting.

Not that he's the only one. Remember Paul in Wonder Years, to give just one example.

Not surprising really that the OP thinks as he does, especially if his personal contacts are limited.

by Anonymousreply 22June 23, 2022 6:57 AM

Where are these feminine Jewish men? All the Jewish men I've met bar one have been hyper masculine generally. I like fem guys, and I like Jewish men (havent had the privilege of sleeping with many unfortunately) and the combo sounds incredibly hot at least to me.

by Anonymousreply 23June 23, 2022 6:58 AM

At the risk of sounding racist, I've always heard the stereotype of Jewish men being nerds - but never feminine. Mind you, I'm 66. I'm probably thinking about Woody Allen, the Marx Brothers, the self-deprecating Portnoy neurotic type.

by Anonymousreply 24June 23, 2022 7:05 AM

To my mind, the best episode of Curb /your Enthusiasm is called The End. Larry hires a detective to find his so-called adoptive parents and they turn out to be Christians. When Larry learns he is not actually Jewish, he engages in a long series of typically non-Jewish bro-type behaviour, eg car maintenance, hunting, home repair, as well as changing his usual outfits and neurotic demeanor.

by Anonymousreply 25June 23, 2022 7:13 AM

Sorry, I meant biological parents above.

by Anonymousreply 26June 23, 2022 7:14 AM

One of my straight female friends is dating a Rabbi, just met him for the first time. He is kind of geeky. But very friendly, knowledgeable about Jewish faith (obviously) and surprisingly considers himself very liberal. He could pass for gay but does not sound gay or have stereotypical mannerisms. He's just not hyper masculine or swagger like some straight guys do. He's very "happy" if you know what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 27June 23, 2022 7:16 AM

[quote]It's a stereotype and a bad one. But it's also a stereotype that Woody Allen has spent a career and made a fortune promoting.

In what world is Woody Allen feminine?

by Anonymousreply 28June 23, 2022 7:17 AM

Why do fathers never get the blame, R12? They're supposed to be the masculine role models. Not the mother.

by Anonymousreply 29June 23, 2022 7:18 AM

You're describing the upper-class ones who are usually mama's boys and intellectual. I don't think they're feminine but are usually educated, very polite and reserved with a sly sense of humor. More European/Asian ideal than stereotypical meathead American. Believe me there are masculine and rugged ones too but they don't scream "I'm Jewish" and many of those types seem less associated with their Jewish identity.

by Anonymousreply 30June 23, 2022 7:20 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 31June 23, 2022 7:24 AM

My hole is aching thinking of all the great sex I've had.

by Anonymousreply 32June 23, 2022 7:27 AM

All Israelis have to serve in the NDF (army) and by the time the men come out, any feminine traits would be gone.

by Anonymousreply 33June 23, 2022 7:28 AM

OP, another generalization from you, of course. William Shatner is feminine? Henry Kissinger? IL Gov Pritzker? Bruce Vilanch (lol)?

by Anonymousreply 34June 23, 2022 7:32 AM

American-born Arabs and Persians are more feminine than their Middle Eastern born counterparts too. But I find American-born Chinese and Koreans way more into hypermasculinityand bodybuilding due to countering the stereotypes of Asians being effeminate.

Consider the Hebrew Bible had a lot of violent prophets, sex addicted kings like David and Solomon who had hundreds of lovers, a God that commanded genocide against the Canaanites and predicted a violent messiah who would kill all the enemies of the Jewish people and united a kingdom. It seemed a very macho culture historically. Fundamentalist Jews are very patriarchal and misogynistic like Christian and Muslim ones. All Abrahamic religions are male-dominated tribal faiths that focused on might is right.

by Anonymousreply 35June 23, 2022 7:37 AM

R28 "Feminine" was the OP's very poor choice of words for Hollywood's stereotype of the AJM, call it what you will.

by Anonymousreply 36June 23, 2022 7:39 AM

The stereotypical Jewish woman is loud, sarcastic and bossy with a nasally voice and if they are a mother, they are domineering over their children.

by Anonymousreply 37June 23, 2022 7:44 AM

Judge Judy is Jewish. But she's not loud, sarcastic and bossy? Oh wait .....

by Anonymousreply 38June 23, 2022 7:46 AM

Two words always and forever for a non feminine, smoking how Jew: Simon Rex. Michael Douglas is pretty masc.

by Anonymousreply 39June 23, 2022 7:47 AM

R17 either you’re too retarded to understand the meaning of feminine or you’re just another triggered jew. “They read” no, they are extreme femboy with cuckhold fetish because they are extremely feminine men.

by Anonymousreply 40June 23, 2022 7:50 AM

Fran Drescher and Alex Borstein made so much money playing stereotypes. Annie Potts isn't Jewish but Janine from Ghostbusters was clearly written as Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 41June 23, 2022 7:51 AM

[quote] "Jewish men are some of the sexiest"

I'm with R1 on this one. Two of my favorites are Ben Shenkman in "Angels In America", and Jeffrey Eisner on his "Pressure Luck" Youtube channel(linked below).

And for what it's worth, I greatly appreciate the "soft" quality of these guys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 23, 2022 7:51 AM

R23 “All the Jewish men I've met bar one have been hyper masculine generally. I like fem guys,“ literally contradicting yourself. You like femboys and Jewish men, you like feminine men.

by Anonymousreply 43June 23, 2022 7:54 AM

John Garfield wasn't feminine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 23, 2022 7:56 AM

R44 you Jews are literally all over every forum on the Internet

by Anonymousreply 45June 23, 2022 7:57 AM

As a gayling, I wanted to suck Jeff Goldblum after watching The Fly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46June 23, 2022 7:59 AM

R32 Persians aren’t gay, try Lebanon or Israel

by Anonymousreply 47June 23, 2022 8:02 AM

R42 Here. Apparently that link doesn't work. I linked that short because he's wearing a wifebeater, which he doesn't typically do. It's quite sexy. So here's the link to "Pressure Luck Cooking", with the sexy Jeff Eisner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48June 23, 2022 8:04 AM

R45 I'm not Jewish and I was raised Christian, a religion that derives from Judaism, uses a holy text written by Jews and majority of the characters are Jews including Jesus who is God. So I would be a moron to be Anti-Jewish for that reason though I'm not religious. And why would Jews not use the Internet or be on forums? Forums were always spaces for minority groups.

by Anonymousreply 49June 23, 2022 8:09 AM

I've noticed a rise of antisemitism lately and it's disturbing. What the fuck is up with that? White supremacists are so weird to me, Jews and Middle Easterners/North African are only white when they want to claim their contributions to science, technology, entertainment, art, religion and medicine and want to increase the white population to be over 60% in America due to rise of African, Hispanic and Asian immigration. Yet they don't treat Jews, Middle Easterners and North Africans as white socially and will express their antisemitic and anti-Arab/Muslim conspiracy theories and commit hate crimes. This is why many Jews and Muslims I know don't identify as white even if they have pale skin and blue eyes. Because they know it's bullshit and based on using them as pawns.

by Anonymousreply 50June 23, 2022 8:17 AM

Just look at the Democratic Party and you’ll see what OP meant. They are not generally the brutish types of, say, the Russians or the British whom have brutal histories. My stereotype would be they are generally non-confrontational and they don’t get in fights in the trenches which is why the Dems are always on defense and never on offense. They are good at deliberating and debate so they excel in law. More intellectual, more talk…not so much in action.

by Anonymousreply 51June 23, 2022 8:18 AM

So, argument and resolution over death

by Anonymousreply 52June 23, 2022 8:22 AM

Considering Jews were persecuted for 2000 years straight. The non-confrontational attitude was a defense mechanism and they likely became more insular and assimilate aggressively. Focusing mostly on intellectual pursuits to gain success rather than physical confrontation. They were outnumbered by the Roman Christians who later Christianized all of Europe. So you had millions of people against this religious group based on propaganda that they killed God. What I find interesting about the Islamic Empire is they at least had some protection for Jews as "people of the book" along with Christians and Zoroastrians and simply taxed them in exchange for them staying rather than kill them or push them out.

by Anonymousreply 53June 23, 2022 8:23 AM

R50 At least in America, identity politics promotes retreat into tribalism, and where there's tribalism tribes tend to find reasons to hate each other.

by Anonymousreply 54June 23, 2022 8:27 AM

Uh-oh. Didn’t mean to derail the thread into politics because it will end in flame wars.

by Anonymousreply 55June 23, 2022 8:29 AM

And then there’s Maude

by Anonymousreply 56June 23, 2022 8:30 AM

Weren't Jewish people restricted to certain occupations - like bankers (because usury, charging interest, was against Catholic ethics), and jewelers (similar reasons?) And banking is related to being a lawyer, accountant, that sort of nerdy job.

by Anonymousreply 57June 23, 2022 8:38 AM

Those jobs require a high intellect, as well. Also studying the Torah so much, as a requirement of their religion.

by Anonymousreply 58June 23, 2022 8:40 AM

I like guys who are 1/2 masculine, 1/2 whatever else

by Anonymousreply 59June 23, 2022 8:41 AM

Jewish men are beautiful men in every regard. I love you Tony Dokoupil. :-)

by Anonymousreply 60June 23, 2022 8:46 AM

Catholics didn't even have to read - maybe weren't allowed to read? There was one Bible in each church, chained up, and only the priest had the right to read the thing.

Explains a lot, Jews vs Christians.

Yeah I know Luther changed things but the blueprint was long cast - Christians = stupid.

by Anonymousreply 61June 23, 2022 8:49 AM

I don't agree that they are feminine nor super feminine, I believe that most of them are just not the hypermasculine type. More brains than physicality. And they tend to be physically more fragile. That doesn't mean that they are not masculine and mentally strong. I would rather say that hypermasculinity is more a thing for intellectually insecure guys.

by Anonymousreply 62June 23, 2022 8:49 AM

Christianity is the easiest religion to join. It requires absolutely no effort at all and that is the main reason it remains the biggest religion in the world because people are lazy. Judaism you need to read Hebrew and scholarship is highly valued. Islam requires a lot of fasting, you have to constant perform deeds and you need to read Arabic to understand the Quran. Christianity you just go to church on Sunday or holidays, you don't need to even read your Bible and you are saved if you declare Jesus your savior and if Catholic, just go to confess your sins and repent.

by Anonymousreply 63June 23, 2022 8:53 AM

Nine hundred years of enforced ghetto living entrenched certain characteristics - neuroticism and an average IQ of 125 in Ashkenazi Jews, the highest by far of any discrete group.

by Anonymousreply 64June 23, 2022 8:58 AM

Feminine? Please, hold my purse for me. I have to use both hands to hold onto something as I belly-laugh.

by Anonymousreply 65June 23, 2022 9:00 AM

OP is a racist troll who got lost on his way to Stormfront. The anonymity of this site allows stupidity to flourish.

by Anonymousreply 66June 23, 2022 9:01 AM

I have noticed that many shallow posters on DL confuse femininity with more fragile physicality. Like Asians, meaning people from China and east and southeast Asia. Even though these are the people who are mostly mentally strong and have rather stoic "masculine" mentality.

by Anonymousreply 67June 23, 2022 9:18 AM

[quote] Catholics didn't even have to read - maybe weren't allowed to read? There was one Bible in each church, chained up, and only the priest had the right to read the thing.

The Catholic Church operated on a "our way or the high way" mentality. Nobody could risk questioning them or be at risk of severe punishment as heretics. That's the main reason, they kept the population illiterate and didn't want the peasantry to read The Bible itself. It made it easy to instill fear and control over them. They also created the dogma and would change it all the time to fit whatever was needed to benefit them. Ran the Church like a business with issuing pardons. Jews and Muslims were always in odds with them and the Crusades and Inquisition in attempts to assert Christian superiority through violence and attempts at genocide. Many Muslims and Jews were forced to convert or die. Catholics applied this same mentality when Spain, France and Portugal colonized the New World, all the Indigenous peoples and Black slaves had to be Catholic and were baptized at birth.

Protestantism really isn't better though, we got the crazy fundamentalist sects like Puritans, Evangelicals, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc. Biblical literalism, over-sentimentality and the general independence of Protestant churches allows for corruption to flourish in a very different way. Even if most people could read the Bible, the pastors in the pulpit still direct the followers on what they should believe. Often more like charismatic cult leader rather than relying on a centralized organization.

by Anonymousreply 68June 23, 2022 9:23 AM

100% masculine ALWAYS seems very fake and affected and exhausting.

Does OP want more Eric Greitans?

by Anonymousreply 69June 23, 2022 9:54 AM

Because their mothers are.

by Anonymousreply 70June 23, 2022 10:00 AM

Hypermasculinity is the thing of powerless men from subordinate class and ethnicities, used as compensation for the lack of power over own lives.

by Anonymousreply 71June 23, 2022 10:03 AM

Jews were not allowed to live in Venice Italy until 1500s because they were not Catholic and their practice of making loans for profit was considered a sin. Yes, there was a time when people loaned other's money without interest. Shocking hu? So you can thank the Jews for that. Basically the practice of profiting off of people in need of help was not god like. Anyways, Venice was the center of world trade, they needed Jews to do this dirty work of money lending. Up until then they could work in the city but not live there. Finally in 1516 they created an area where they were allowed to set up permanent residence. It was the worlds first ghetto. Yes, really.

FYI, Ghetto comes from "giotto" meaning "foundry", since the first Jewish quarter was near a foundry that once made cannons. Has nothing to do with people of color. So don't let people tell you ghetto is a racist term, they don't know what they are talking about. The ghetto in Venice is still there today. Still Jewish. Although I would imagine after 500 years they mainly speak Italian.

by Anonymousreply 72June 23, 2022 10:04 AM

R33 the same can be said for female soldiers ;)

by Anonymousreply 73June 23, 2022 10:04 AM

[quote] Although I would imagine after 500 years they mainly speak Italian.

The Jews of the Venice ghetto today speak Italian, Judeo-Veneziano and Hebrew.

by Anonymousreply 74June 23, 2022 10:08 AM

R68 Yet, Catholicism is the easiest and most laid back religion to practice. You don't have to follow any rules, just pretend to do it. And you can always get absolution no matter what you have done, you just have to confess.

No wonder it is religion of Southern and part of Eastern Europe, where people are not very strict about following the rules.

by Anonymousreply 75June 23, 2022 10:13 AM

By hyper-masculinity, we are referring to toxic masculinity. Which is flourishing on the right and the Dump cult.

by Anonymousreply 76June 23, 2022 10:14 AM

The Dump cult is not hyper masculine, they are hyper pussies. Snowflakes, big babies. Mostly bitter dumb fatties if you take them as a whole.

by Anonymousreply 77June 23, 2022 10:17 AM

I prefer the word MACHISMO.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78June 23, 2022 10:20 AM

I had an East End Jewish boyfriend in London. He was very masculine and a very sexy man. All the men in his family were black cab drivers, and they are tough guys. They have to be with the constant risk of being robbed. His father kept a hammer under the driver’s seat. At the same time they were all huge jazz fans, which seems to be very common in Russian Jews in London. His lovely father used to go to Ronnie Scott’s frequently.

by Anonymousreply 79June 23, 2022 10:24 AM

I think those pussy/machismo rascist/supremacistsTrumpists would love more than anything to shoot up a bunch of Jews while chanting Jews will not replace us. They are not macho, they are sick bastards!

by Anonymousreply 80June 23, 2022 10:27 AM

Part of Trump's family is Jewish R80.

by Anonymousreply 81June 23, 2022 10:30 AM

It's always 1987 on Datalounge

by Anonymousreply 82June 23, 2022 10:31 AM

Most of the Jewish guys I know are from Israel.

They’re pretty masc. Not sure what OP’s going on about.

And the Jewish guys I know who are American born and raised aren’t soft or femme. What they are is usually very kind and empathetic men. Some are assholes for sure, but most of the time, Jewish guys are wonderful.

That’s why they make the best husbands and dads.

by Anonymousreply 83June 23, 2022 10:36 AM

That’s good ole son in law Jared Kushner and you realize Dump regretted him having Jared as in son in law rather than Tom Brady. He actually said it to the public.

by Anonymousreply 84June 23, 2022 10:38 AM

Yes, all good traits for Jewish men as husbands and fathers. But not so good when they need to fight against the thuggish, brutish, bullying Dump and the Christofascists Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 85June 23, 2022 10:42 AM

Not only son in law, but also the person he trusts and relies upon. He is the kind of man who want to surround himself by family members cause he doesn’t trust strangers and his sons are stupid and he is too patriarchal to make his daughter his close associate, son in law was the obvious choice. And his daughter became Jewish and his grandchildren are Jewish.

Btw. American liberals and conservatives are equally pro Israeli. Conservatives even more.

by Anonymousreply 86June 23, 2022 10:46 AM

[quote]It's always 1987 on Datalounge

1982 Dear.

The world changed after that.

by Anonymousreply 87June 23, 2022 10:46 AM

R86 was about Trump obviously.

by Anonymousreply 88June 23, 2022 10:47 AM

Oy.

by Anonymousreply 89June 23, 2022 11:50 AM

R85, what makes you think Jewish men need to fight against these assholes?

All Jewish men I know, whether from Israel or from the United States, are hard working guys who are out here opening up their own businesses or working at some corporation, making money to make their mortgage payments and provide for their families.

That’s why almost all of them are high earners. These guys are all about family. That’s it.

They’re not out there cos playing war games on the streets. That’s not their style. They’re all about making at least a million in real estate and other investments before they turn 40. That’s what these men are about: family and money.

Fuck these weak willed Trumpers who are salivating for a race war. Broke ass mother fuckers. Now many of them are going to federal prison for their foolishness on 1/6. And that’s exactly where they belong, while they leave their wives and kids to fend for themselves, because they were too stupid to do what the Jewish guys were doing instead: working.

by Anonymousreply 90June 23, 2022 2:41 PM

I always thought it was the mother who is Jewish would automatically include their children into the religion and not a Jewish father OTOH. So Ivanka’s mother is not Jewish as far as I know, so how has Ivanka and spawn converted?

by Anonymousreply 91June 24, 2022 6:39 AM

Gee, another Jewish total laudatio and absolution.

by Anonymousreply 92June 24, 2022 6:56 AM

OP is just an attention seeking clown.

by Anonymousreply 93June 24, 2022 7:08 AM

Jews are a nation, with a unique identity, culture and laws. Only in America are Jews relegated to a "religion". In the Jewish nation, a child derives its identity from its mother (i.e., mum's a Jew, so's the kid) and its social status from its father (if the father's a Cohen or Levy, so's the male child).

A child born of a ger - in this instance, a female convert - is considered part of the Jewish nation. A child born before the mother converts is not part of the nation. Two options: child under goes conversion before it reaches 6 months; otherwise, child has to wait until its 12/13 and then decides if it wants to join the nation.

by Anonymousreply 94June 24, 2022 7:08 AM

Are the Palestinians a nation too?

by Anonymousreply 95June 24, 2022 7:13 AM

Ivanka has converted to Judaism, so the children are Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 96June 24, 2022 7:13 AM

R95 Nope. But then, you knew that.

by Anonymousreply 97June 24, 2022 7:13 AM

Here we go, flame wars.

Can’t we for once try to learn from another and rest the snark, mmkay?

by Anonymousreply 98June 24, 2022 7:14 AM

R96. Okay, that explains. Is she screwed over if Jared ends up in jail? I mean in terms of Identity and status in your culture.

by Anonymousreply 99June 24, 2022 7:17 AM

R99 A convert's status/identity is not dependent on her Jewish spouse. In Ivanka's case, she joined the Jewish nation. She is a Jew, regardless of what happens to Jared. Her children's status are also not affected.

by Anonymousreply 100June 24, 2022 7:19 AM

[quote]love how Jews call everyone antisemitism

If you were as intelligent as most Jews, you'd know the correct word is antisemites.

Btw, I once asked on DL if anyone thought Jakob Dylan's occasional feyness was due to him being closeted, and was basically told, "No, he's just Jewish." 😄

by Anonymousreply 101June 24, 2022 7:31 AM

Jewish guys have the best dicks esp. the orthodox ones.

by Anonymousreply 102June 24, 2022 7:32 AM

Jewish guys are often low-key hotties. Their humor and intelligence add to their attractiveness.

by Anonymousreply 103June 24, 2022 7:36 AM

Well, their dicks are among the cleanest...no smelly smegma lurking under the folds of a foreskin.

by Anonymousreply 104June 24, 2022 7:53 AM

American stereotypes and most of those are geared towards elder pop as the younger are just too homogenized culturally as a broadly Jewish and largely secular. The closest they get to thjese connections are stereotypes from entertainment.

But the politics among the diaspora is feigning unity... so, there is not much public room to discuss the divides between the various Jews even if it's an open secret.

Like most looking down on the Russian/ex-soviet Jews because they're often the most disconnected, (culturally, socially, religiously) but they have a distinct flavor.

We get into complications of some of the other Jews, like Mizrahi and more exotic flavors, because many of us throw are lot in with either Sephardi or Ashkenzai. . . usually whatever majority is larger in the area we're in. There are not as many options for the rest of us. Which leads to the most infighting because diasporic Jews take for granted their upbringing and tend to assume that everyone else grew up the same way... and the collective need for protection leads to the tribalistic mentality and suspicion of others that don't fall neatly into prescribed conventions.

Ashkenzai, especially the yiddists, are viewed as nebbish.. one part the reflections on the more orthodox Jewry, heredi in particular, and the other not that far off from gays because of their long associations with Broadway and a wide variety of entertainment media. .. we can go back centuries further with the pros and cons of being forced into money lending roles. . . but as related to this, the stereotypes of accountants.

Sephardi is harder for people to grasp because fewer Americans have heard the term, and if they have, they assume most are conversos... to which by American perceptions, they usually paint them broadly with stereotypes of fiery latin temperaments.

Mizrahi (also unhelped by a flamboyant designer that has that name) -- it's akin to other peoples from the MENA region. There are a lot of homoscial touching among men and loud parties that go all night long... so, they have a tendency to come off like gym bros and circuit queens... getting associated with the guido like stereotypes of italians, greeks, other people from the mediterranean.

and other groups, the associations are the same...

but in the U.S. if someone says Jew, then their first thought tends to go towards Ashkenzai.. to the Woody Allen and Mel Brooks types.

Or even the Benny Youngman styled Eddie Murphy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105June 24, 2022 8:10 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106June 24, 2022 8:15 AM

R105 Those "divides" are yet more socio-culturally entrenched American stereotypes/bigotry based on self-loathing inculcated by centuries of Xtian-fomented Jew hatred. See R106 for further examples.

by Anonymousreply 107June 24, 2022 8:17 AM

r107 Culture evolves and cultures divide. I'm not going to blame all christians anymore than the conquests of muslims, or whatever fucking excuse people want to use to cry about their multigenerational trauma of their sacred virginity being stolen.

those divides would exist within in the group, regardless.... that fantasy of unity was lost from the moment they were separated from their indigenous lands, and we could look to Israel now to see how the only unity present there is their dsdain for the diasporic that has yet to return. Not unlike the calls of every diasporic hub that doesn't understand why everyone doesn't just move there... while hating the outcries of the other groups with an inherited chip on their shoulders for these old biases they just can't go as our histories fade in the background of whatever majority there is..

the lighter side, though, would be our food wars. . . which has become the more acceptable battlefield to air out our grievances.

by Anonymousreply 108June 24, 2022 8:29 AM

The nature of being from such a tiny population is there's no room for plurals... it's even worse if you're from more than one fractional minority... where you risk being a token or an outcast in either group while they scream you id as one.

Toss in lgbt as well.. and many people are ready to disconnect from them all.

by Anonymousreply 109June 24, 2022 8:33 AM

How come very few black people are Jewish? Sammy Davis Jr is the only famous one I can think of. And he's dead.

by Anonymousreply 110June 24, 2022 8:40 AM

R105 R108 R109 Three posts full of inherently American bigoted stereotypes, one reiterating/enabling the next. No surprise, Americans are quite blinkered as to how the rest of the world - including the Jewish world - lives.

by Anonymousreply 111June 24, 2022 8:43 AM

R110 Knock yerself out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112June 24, 2022 8:47 AM

I dont get your point R112, who are they? Just random people? I was talking about famous black icons. Get a clue.

by Anonymousreply 113June 24, 2022 8:54 AM

[quote] I'm not going to blame all christians anymore than the conquests of muslims, or whatever fucking excuse people want to use to cry about their multigenerational trauma of their sacred virginity being stolen.

Trivialize/dismiss 1,700 years of Xtian church (and Muslim mosque) fomented Jew hatred. Which exists globally to this day. So entrenched in Western culture that it remains unnoticed/unidentified, acceptable and rewarded. The principle cause of the extermination of the Jews of Europe. As well as the source of millennia of vicious cultural stereotypes. Such as your posts. Such as R106.

by Anonymousreply 114June 24, 2022 9:03 AM

Thanks for all responses. It was informative.

by Anonymousreply 115June 24, 2022 10:13 AM

I had no idea Christians loathe Jewish. My family is Southern Baptist living in Hawaii and as you might guess there is a large Jewish community here….hell, I don’t even think there is any Kosher deli or restaurant. We love pork.

by Anonymousreply 116June 24, 2022 10:17 AM

R90, I have an Israeli in-law who after he got his American citizenship, registered to vote just so he could vote for Trump. They may not be on the streets fighting, but people like him are part of the reason we were stuck with Trump.

by Anonymousreply 117June 24, 2022 1:06 PM

R110 Biggest reason is Jews didn't enslave black people like Muslims and Christians did. Africans actually converted to Islam to avoid slavery as Islamic law forbade enslaving other Muslims. While African slaves in the new world were forced to give up their polytheistic beliefs and become Christian by their slave owners.

There are black Jews mainly from Ethiopia. Many live in Israel too. Ethiopia is one of the oldest kingdoms to adopt Abrahamic faiths with possibly Syria and Armenia being older.

by Anonymousreply 118June 24, 2022 1:10 PM

There's a huge gap between American Jewry and Israelis, though, R117. Israelis are quite right-wing.

True, Israeli politics exist first and foremost on the Israel-specific axis of where you stand on the conflict, so that doesn't map fully onto American ideas of right-wing, but they do have a much more right-wing sensibility than American Jews. Militaristic, etc.

American Jews are more and more universalist in their values and they're applying those ethics to the Israeli-Palestinian question; right now, American Jewish support for Israel appears much stronger than it really is because you still have a generation of successful and influential older Jews people who grew up in the shadow of the Holocaust and whose motto is "Never again".

I'm not the first to observe this, obviously - it was probably Peter Beinart or someone - but the difference between the generations of American Jewry can be summed up by the fact that an elaborated form of "Never again" for the older generation would be "Never again must this happen to Jews", whereas the younger generation's would be "Never again must this happen to anyone".

by Anonymousreply 119June 24, 2022 1:15 PM

*influential older Jewish people (e.g. Bernie Marcus)

by Anonymousreply 120June 24, 2022 1:16 PM

Anyway, my two cents is that Jewish men are some of the hottest out there. Per capita, there's a very high number of hotties. I get all flustered whenever Netflix recommends Inglourious Basterds to me using this picture of Eli Roth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121June 24, 2022 1:20 PM

Didn't most of the Jewish population in America come here in the 1800s and early 20th century? That's a huge population that's far removed from the Israel situation. Usually by the third generation, Americanization is set in stone.

by Anonymousreply 122June 24, 2022 1:22 PM

R119

[quote] Israelis are quite right-wing.

[quote] but they do have a much more right-wing sensibility than American Jews

Israel, with a population of 9 million, has 40 political parties, running the entire gammut from right to left. Your assertions ignorant nonsense.

[quote] Militaristic

How lucky that you live in a safe country, free from war on your borders, where "militarism" is irrelevant because no one threatens your existence.

[quote] American Jewish support for Israel appears much stronger than it really is because you still have a generation of successful and influential older Jews people who grew up in the shadow of the Holocaust and whose motto is "Never again".

Santayana said it best: Those who ignore their history are doomed to repeat it.

by Anonymousreply 123June 24, 2022 1:35 PM

R123, I did not critcize Israelis' strong support for the IDF. Like you said, I don't live there. I would say, though, that I am actually a fairly strong supporter of Israel. Nor am I necessarily criticizing the Bernie Marcuses or the Miriam Adelsons of this world for their laser-like focus on Israel's security.

But the existence of many political parties does not prove that Israel isn't largely a "right-wing" country. If you add the members (or "mandates") of all the right-wing factions in the Knesset together, there's a clear majority. The only reason that the current government isn't explicitly right-wing is that the right is divided on the question of Netanyahu's future in Israeli politics. And anyone who follows Israeli politics knows that "smolani" (adjective/noun for "left-wing" or "left-winger") is basically a dirty word.

Likud - 30; Shas - 9; Yamina - 7; Yisrael Beiteinu - 7; Religious Zionist - 6; New Hope - 6. That's 65 mandates out of 120 and that's before you add the Ashkenazi Haredi parties, which have 7 seats, though they are technically non-Zionist. As for the remainder, Yesh Atid (17 mandates) and Kakhol Lavan (8 mandates) both have a lot of ex-military in their upper echelons, so they're not exactly lefties. That centrist core of the current coalition was established by three ex-Chiefs of Staff of the IDF: Ya'alon, Ashkenazi, Gantz.

Again, this is all just by way of description; I am not actually criticizing Israel here.

by Anonymousreply 124June 24, 2022 1:51 PM

Conservativism usually arises when there's a strong perceived threat or economic instability. Fear of war, invasion and loss of values, resources and safety. Given where Israel is located and it's history. It would be more shocking if it was as liberal as Europe. Liberalism only works during times of peace and prosperity and most of Western World only had that post-WW2.

Israel along with Turkey, Kuwait, Oman, Lebanon, Jordan, Bahrain and Egypt are probably the most liberal of the region but compared to the Western world, they are conservative. Israel gets focus for it's progressive LGBT laws but from what I know outside of cities and in more conservative towns being gay isn't that accepted. There's also racism against Ethiopians and Arabs.

by Anonymousreply 125June 24, 2022 2:01 PM

[quote] If you add the members (or "mandates") of all the right-wing factions in the Knesset together

[quote] so they're not exactly lefties

Using Western terminology to describe Near Eastern political parties is simply more ignorant nonsense. Your parameters are meaningless, in the scheme of things, especially as to why the Israeli voters selects a particular political party or the platform of that party.

[quote] And anyone who follows Israeli politics knows that "smolani" (adjective/noun for "left-wing" or "left-winger") is basically a dirty word.

Just as "yamini" is a "dirty word". Depends on who's talking.

[quote] Likud - 30; Shas - 9; Yamina - 7; Yisrael Beiteinu - 7; Religious Zionist - 6; New Hope - 6.

Your "proof" is yet more ignorant nonsense. You've left out the "left" parties, such as Kahol Lavan, Meretz and Yesh Atid, as well as the Arab parties,

by Anonymousreply 126June 24, 2022 2:04 PM

[quote] Turkey, Kuwait, Oman, Lebanon, Jordan, Bahrain and Egypt are probably the most liberal of the region

None of these countries are within lightyears of the word "liberal". In every one of them, homosexuality is socially abhorrent and/or a crime.

[quote] but from what I know outside of cities and in more conservative towns being gay isn't that accepted.

Gays are protected by law in Israel. Not so in 56 Muslim countries, including those mentioned above.

[quote] There's also racism against Ethiopians and Arabs.

All over the Arabic-speaking world, blacks are called "abid", slave.

by Anonymousreply 127June 24, 2022 2:14 PM

The American Jewish community is not that dissimilar to the gay community in many ways.

Many older (65+) Jews grew up very aware of their identity as Jews (they were all born pretty soon after the Shoah) and that is their primary identity. They often raised their families in very Jewish suburbs like Scarsdale, Short Hills and Great Neck, were reflexively pro-Israel and many conformed to the DL stereotype of the nebbishy-but-successful Jew.

The younger generation--under 40--is far more acculturated, has not experienced the prejudice their parents and grandparents did, did not know the great-great grandparents who emigrated from Poland, have friend groups that are not exclusively or even primarily Jewish and rarely conform to old school stereotypes and have little interest in settling down in suburbs that are primarily Jewish.

It's a different world.

Remember that Datalounge is a place where Eldergays think Italians aren't really white, Irish can't join the country club because they're Catholic and the world depicted in black and white movies from the 1930s and 40s still exists.

Hence this thread and the many others like it

by Anonymousreply 128June 24, 2022 2:21 PM

[quote] have friend groups that are not exclusively or even primarily Jewish and rarely conform to old school stereotypes and have little interest in settling down in suburbs that are primarily Jewish.

And yet those stereotypes are still inflicted on Jews due to their being entrenched in the culture. Age has nothing to do with it. Exactly why criticism of Israel degenerates into the same imagery and scree heard in Nazi Germany and Inquisition Spain.

[quote] It's a different world.

No, it isn't. Where Jews are concerned, it's the exactly same world it's been for the past 1,700 years.

by Anonymousreply 129June 24, 2022 2:38 PM

You type British and Eldergay R129

by Anonymousreply 130June 24, 2022 2:46 PM

R129 The stereotypes are entrenched in American culture because Hollywood keeps giving us Ida Morgensterns.

by Anonymousreply 131June 24, 2022 3:38 PM

R131 America's bigotry isn't due to "Hollywood". Those stereotypes were entrenched in American culture long before Hollywood existed.

by Anonymousreply 132June 24, 2022 3:50 PM

What I don't get is why were Jews in the entertainment industry so complicit with these stereotypes? In the 50s and 60s there were a lot of movies that portrayed Jews as victims of antisemitism and gave a more humane portrayal. But somehow the negative stereotypes were still abound after that era and entrenched into pop culture. I mean I could say the same about black, Asian and Italian American entertainers who portrayed stereotypes of themselves too. But the entertainment industry has a lot of Jewish writers, producers and directors that I don't understand how the Jewish stereotype still flourishes. The other stereotypes can at least be explained as those minorities having less options.

by Anonymousreply 133June 24, 2022 3:54 PM

Hollywood has been awfully good to Jewish people though, hasn't it? I think it goes back to when it was declasse to be involved with entertainment, but the Jews weren't part of the snobby Mandarin class. They weren't even allowed in the early Hollywood country clubs, though - but I think they've more than made up for the snub by their success.

by Anonymousreply 134June 24, 2022 3:56 PM

I don't think Jewish men are more feminine. But they are more emotionally expressive. I think it's a cultural thing. They're not afraid to show their emotions. They laugh and cry more easily, regardlessly of who sees them. But, when they get angry, look out!

by Anonymousreply 135June 24, 2022 3:57 PM

I find that's a common trait among Mediterranean cultures. Emotionally expressive, hot temper, love of looking beautiful and well dressed, domineering mother and a love of storytelling and festivals.

by Anonymousreply 136June 24, 2022 4:02 PM

Is that true of Slavs, as well?

by Anonymousreply 137June 24, 2022 4:05 PM

R126, the correct transcription is yemani (yod-shva-mem-kamatz). On a society-wide level, smolani is clearly the more pejorative. Per Oren Liebermann at CNN:

[quote]"Smolani," as it's said in Hebrew, has become the most common -- and perhaps the most feared -- insult across the political landscape.

The party numbers you quoted from my post are not all coalition members, they're a list of right-leaning parties. The list begins with Likud, and the current government's raison d'être is to keep Netanyahu and the Likud out of power. Not sure how up-to-date you are with all this if you could confuse that for a list of the coalition partners.

And I explicitly said that Israel's political axis is very different from the typical one in other Western/Western-style countries. It's still fair to say, though, that most would see in Israeli Jewish society - its militarism, broad support of Donald Trump and tolerance of the situation in the territories - a right-wing society. That is not a criticism, at least as far as I am concerned. You seem to think that I'm using right-wing as a pejorative, or maybe you don't want to think of yourself as supporting a country commonly deemed to be right-wing, but these are the facts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138June 24, 2022 4:22 PM

What about the large numbers of Orthodox and Ultra Orthodox Jews in L.A. and N.Y. who also voted for Trump? It's not just Israeli immigrants who vote conservative here.

by Anonymousreply 139June 25, 2022 5:33 PM

[quote]Three posts full of inherently American bigoted stereotypes, one reiterating/enabling the next. No surprise, Americans are quite blinkered as to how the rest of the world - including the Jewish world - lives.

Keep in mind that most non Jewish Americans have no idea about any of these in-group distinctions. To most goyim, Jews are a homogeneous group (or all Ashkenazi, because that's the only group Ancestry and 23&Me shows % for in their tests), so they aren't the ones perpetrating these stereotypes.

by Anonymousreply 140June 25, 2022 5:51 PM

I think the type of Jewish guy OP means is like the character Ross Geller on Friends. A nice boy in every way, but not too masculine or exciting.

by Anonymousreply 141June 26, 2022 3:13 PM

Ross could be annoying and judgmental but he was hot, warm and loyal. His big dick would be exciting.

by Anonymousreply 142June 26, 2022 4:04 PM

Ross was not "feminine" just because he wasn't super hot or athletic. Some of you have very narrow, rigid mindsets as to what true masculinity and femininity are.

by Anonymousreply 143June 26, 2022 11:06 PM

[quote]America's bigotry isn't due to "Hollywood". Those stereotypes were entrenched in American culture long before Hollywood existed

What are we? Chopped liver!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144June 27, 2022 5:53 AM

The film industry just reinforced all the 19th century stereotypes of Jews, blacks, Asians, women, gays etc and kept them alive through a new and more powerful form of propaganda. Which did contribute to antisemitism, racism, misogyny, homophobia and xenophobia into the 20th century. A lot of animated cartoons featured casual blackface designs and that stereotypical greedy, evil-looking Jewish shopkeeper with a big nose who sabotages the protagonist for lolz.

by Anonymousreply 145June 27, 2022 6:05 AM

[quote]Keep in mind that most non Jewish Americans have no idea about any of these in-group distinctions. To most goyim, Jews are a homogeneous group (or all Ashkenazi, because that's the only group Ancestry and 23&Me shows % for in their tests), so they aren't the ones perpetrating these stereotypes.

Well I find it odd that there is so much expectation that non-Jewish people are supposed to be in on all the customs, religion, and colloquialisms of this one religion when it's only 0.2% of the worlds other religions. You always hear "why are Jews picked on or being accused of controlling everything when they are such a tiny minority of the population" Muslims are by far more well known around the world with billions of followers yet you don't see people throwing shade for not knowing Muslim terms, or wishing someone happy Ramadan. Or what about Hinduism?

by Anonymousreply 146June 27, 2022 6:06 AM

Given Judaism was historically an ethnic religion that didn't proselytize nearly as much as Christianity and Islam. It makes sense a lot of people aren't aware of a lot of Jewish values, traditions, ideologies and overall diversity of sects. Christianity is forced onto everyone regardless of confession and the West is culturally a mix of Greco-Roman and Christian values. So even atheists and Non-Christians understand Christianity.

Christians really should know more about Judaism considering it's a basis for their religion and they were the ones leading violent antisemitic attacks for centuries. And Christians are the ones obsessed with claiming Jews as their own now especially Protestants who love the Hebrew scripture, taking trips to Israel and trying to convert Jews. I don't think it's unreasonable that some Jews demand Christians should educate themselves.

Hindus don't proselytize and aren't bothered that their religion isn't widely understood. Mainly because they don't believe in any right religion and see everything as valid. Jews, Christians and Muslims see their religion as superior to everyone else's due to the tribalistic "chosen people" aspect of Abrahamic faiths.

by Anonymousreply 147June 27, 2022 6:56 AM

I still find it odd that many new appliances like stoves and oven ranges have a setting for Jewish religious reason. Check your manual, there's usually a setting for Sabbath Mode. Odd since there is no special setting for Ramadan or Good Friday. 🤣

by Anonymousreply 148June 27, 2022 7:28 AM

Ask yourself what Ramadan mode or Good Friday mode would look like, and there's the answer for why they don't exist. Don't know whether your confusion was genuine but the reason for Shabbat mode is that Shabbat is the only one of the three mentioned that imposes limitations on use of electrical appliances.

by Anonymousreply 149June 27, 2022 7:33 AM

Ramadan has a fasting element to it's observance. You are supposed to fast from sun up to sun down I believe. One way to incorporate this is to limit when the stove can be turned on during certain hours. No more complicated than what is done for a Sab mode.

Good Friday I was joking about. Unless you know of a way to prevent meat from being cooked. All presets disable except for Fish Mode. LOL

by Anonymousreply 150June 27, 2022 7:53 AM

They're not analogous because you still do eat on Shabbat, you just can't turn on electrical appliances to prepare the food and hotplates are also commonly used to keep previously-prepared food warm.

Observant Muslims aren't eating at all during daylight in Ramadan, but they are free to prepare the fast-breaking meal (iftar) and will do this in the later daylight hours.

So: on Shabbat you eat but you are limited in what food preparations you can do. During the day in Ramadan you can't eat but you can prepare food.

by Anonymousreply 151June 27, 2022 8:09 AM

That really makes no sense. You weren't supposed to make your servants work on the sabbath, fair enough, but the oven doesn't care whether it's on or off.

by Anonymousreply 152June 27, 2022 8:16 AM

Don't look at me.

by Anonymousreply 153June 27, 2022 8:23 AM

R152 - It's because you're not meant to ignite a fire on the Sabbath because that is thought of as a form of "work" (a melacha), and it's intended to exempt every person from every form of work on the Sabbath (not just servants) Of course, you are right that many of these things make no sense: for example, eruvin, which exist to allow you to transgress the spirit of the law while remaining within the letter of the law.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154June 27, 2022 4:59 PM

I like the fact they are lifting books instead of weights. They’re not super feminine, it’s more they’re not faux ridiculous masculine. Which for most people comes off about as real as a Halloween costume.

by Anonymousreply 155July 4, 2022 12:46 PM

[quote]It's because you're not meant to ignite a fire on the Sabbath because that is thought of as a form of "work"

But many ovens are electric? What about induction stoves? They are purely magnetic. Not even a spark. How is turning a knob or touching a screen work? Not exactly the same as gathering, chopping wood to start a fire.

by Anonymousreply 156July 4, 2022 12:53 PM

WTF?

by Anonymousreply 157July 4, 2022 1:17 PM

It's so ridiculous. Like some kind of cultural OCD.

Is pulling your pants down to take a dump "work"? Is walking work? Turning over in your bed? Using the eyelid muscles to open your eyes? Using your lungs to breathe?

What about if you have small kids? Don't you have to work to change their diapers? get them food?

If all that's ok but not turning a fucking knob on a stove?

This is insane absurdity, like Hindus deciding that hanging upside down from a tree for the rest of their lives is a reasonable form of devotion.

Religion be crazy.

by Anonymousreply 158July 4, 2022 1:39 PM

Wtf?

by Anonymousreply 159July 4, 2022 1:41 PM

It’s due to an excess of shpilkes in the genechtagazoink.

by Anonymousreply 160July 4, 2022 3:15 PM

Wtf?

by Anonymousreply 161July 4, 2022 3:17 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162March 18, 2023 4:14 PM

by contrast, who wouldn't look effeminate?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163March 18, 2023 4:22 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164March 18, 2023 4:24 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165March 18, 2023 4:24 PM

Because they are all mama's boys.

by Anonymousreply 166March 22, 2023 6:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!