Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The bullying of Madonna needs to STOP

Madonna is the Queen of Pop.

Madonna has stood up for gays throughout her career, not reducing us to “Little Monsters” or crawling back to us with reservations when they realize their only fans are gay men.

Madonna got down in the trenches with us to fight homophobia, to fight AIDS, and entertained us while doing these things.

Madonna is always put down by DL but let’s not forget what she has achieved: hit singles, iconic songs, brilliant albums, high-grossing tours and groundbreaking videos. She inspired people to be themselves, follow their dreams and be confident in themselves.

Madonna achieved her success through her own will power, through hard work and through her own VISION. She wasn’t like Whitney who benefited from industry connections and a Svengali who hyped her to the heavens. And not like Mariah who planted her pussy on Tommy Mottola’s cock to ensure her records went - and stayed - at number one. It’s funny how Madonna is called a whore when Mariah married her boss and benefited from that advantage.

Madonna has been the soundtrack to our lives. We cannot forget the sadness we felt when our Like a Virgin cassette tape became mangled or our Angel/Into the Groove vinyl became warped. Those songs meant something to us - they still do.

She may be down right now but stop bullying her. Remember what she did for us. For music. Be kind.

Stop being jealous and resentful of a woman who dared to do things on her own terms, and got rich along the way. That should be admired, not mocked.

Show respect to the Queen of Pop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 23, 2022 6:18 AM

where some say help, other say exploit.

by Anonymousreply 1June 23, 2022 1:43 AM

She needed tomatoes thrown at her no talent hooker ass 40 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 2June 23, 2022 1:48 AM

She did rock with gay rights before it was cool to do so. Why do I feel like this is a subtle jab at Queen Bey for making a house record. Queen bey is the goddess of music and will create all type of genres in her legacy.

by Anonymousreply 3June 23, 2022 1:49 AM

I agree she did a lot for the gay community in the day. She has definitely has a "talent." I don't think people "hate" her but are disappointed by what she has become. She is a legend and should act like one. She should not be trying to compete with Niki Minaj. She needs to live her legacy.

by Anonymousreply 4June 23, 2022 1:50 AM

Oh please. Madonna cares about one thing. Madonna. She has been self serving from the start. She is a savvy marketer and she saw an audience that was underserved and went for it. And she treats this audience who has supported her like WE owe her something. She should be grateful. She doesn't have an ounce of humility.

by Anonymousreply 5June 23, 2022 1:54 AM

No one has ever held a higher opinion of Madonna, than Madonna, but I can't respect someone who doesn't respect themselves. She's written and sung about self-expression and self-respect many times, but if her general behavior in the last few years is any indication...it seems the notion of self-respect has become foreign to her.

by Anonymousreply 6June 23, 2022 1:54 AM

Who cares! She’s still the Original, the ultimate Queen of Pop and the most famous and successful female artist of all time. No one comes close to her success in terms of music same, touring and cultural impact.

by Anonymousreply 7June 23, 2022 2:12 AM

I’m sure she has many a sleepless nights fretting about how we feel about her here at DL.

by Anonymousreply 8June 23, 2022 2:14 AM

R7 She is now the fat JOKE she was always meant to be if it wasn’t for tasteless fags like you.

by Anonymousreply 9June 23, 2022 2:16 AM

People have been trying to cancel Madonna for 40 years.

They say that a good thing never lasts and then it has to fall Those are the people that did not amount to much at all

by Anonymousreply 10June 23, 2022 2:18 AM

I assure you that Madonna can fend for herself. She may be crazier than hell but she’s tough.

by Anonymousreply 11June 23, 2022 2:20 AM

Boring, old, dirty whore.. Sticky to the touch.

by Anonymousreply 12June 23, 2022 2:39 AM

I love you Madge, forever and always.

by Anonymousreply 13June 23, 2022 2:50 AM

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

by Anonymousreply 14June 23, 2022 2:58 AM

She made great music from 1982-2006 (minus most of American Life) and again from 2012-2020 (minus most of MDNA and at least half of Madame X) but that's it. She's talented, especially when she has a good team to guide her which she so desperately needs right now because she either doesn't have one or an extremely incompetent one.

But as a person, she has a long track record of being a rude demanding selfish bitch who treats her fans, contemporaries, employees and even members of her own family like shit.

Given her intense narcissism and ambition, it's most likely that she sees us as mere accessories or pets and 99% of everything she does is for Madonna first, the affected group of people second. Although she does seem very sincere about Malawi.

Her narcissism is so extreme to the point that it's causing extensive damage to her legacy. The day of her 70th birthday I'm sure will involve lots of screaming, and crying as well as plenty of broken glass and ceramics for her long suffering underpaid housekeeper to clean up.

by Anonymousreply 15June 23, 2022 3:00 AM

I love her albums and videos but she’s a joke now because of how she acts. It’s embarrassing. She’s a senior citizen already.. it would be easier to swallow if she had a sense of humor but she’s dead ass serious about there being some kind of social value to butterflies flying out of her vagina or whatever the fuck that was.

by Anonymousreply 16June 23, 2022 3:02 AM

But the bullying of Janet Jackson can continue?

by Anonymousreply 17June 23, 2022 3:22 AM

Yes. Let's take their joint and cold sore meds away and continually kick both of those no talent, has wazzes.

by Anonymousreply 18June 23, 2022 3:38 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 23, 2022 3:45 AM

The Jackson fan base in general is pretty hostile, maybe even psychopathic and unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 20June 23, 2022 3:47 AM

R8, I'm sure she does worry and wonder why the gays have lost interest.

She could be a legend but she has devolved into a car crash wannabe at the ripe age of 60 something

by Anonymousreply 21June 23, 2022 3:56 AM

Madonna is a mediocre singer with excellent marketing skills. I heard her album of standards once and she really can't sing without generous helping from studio magic.

She has always shocked just to shock, which got tiresome very quickly. Kudos to her for her longevity, but her best days are far behind her; she just refuses to admit it.

by Anonymousreply 22June 23, 2022 3:56 AM

Boohoo. cry more. Her legacy is sealed.

by Anonymousreply 23June 23, 2022 4:01 AM

I think Madonna finally got caught. People slowly realized she’s kind of a fraud as a musician and a narcissistic sociopath as a person.

by Anonymousreply 24June 23, 2022 4:12 AM

OP, your untreated mental illness needs to stop.

by Anonymousreply 25June 23, 2022 4:21 AM

What crazy shit has she been up to this week? I loved her for years but now I just find her antics very amusing.

by Anonymousreply 26June 23, 2022 4:25 AM

Will you still need me will you still feed me when I'm 64!

by Anonymousreply 27June 23, 2022 4:37 AM

I have a theory that diva-worshipping queens secretly want to be these female pop stars who are famous, admired and get tons of hot guys for their videos. They live vicariously through them and that's why they can't handle anyone critiquing them. Because it's like they are being criticized and it ruins their fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 28June 23, 2022 5:27 AM

I think it's the haters that want that more than the fans R28. They tend to make everyone's lives miserable because they can't be them or have what they have. Sorry to dose you with this dose of reality and reverse your nonsense right back on you.

by Anonymousreply 29June 23, 2022 5:30 AM

R29 You realize it can work both ways right? Nothing is black-and-white. There's a thin line between admiration and envy. Why do you think the same people who prop up these celebrities will also tear them down

by Anonymousreply 30June 23, 2022 5:32 AM

Prince's reaction to OP's vid

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 23, 2022 5:39 AM

[quote]But as a person, she has a long track record of being a rude demanding selfish bitch who treats her fans, contemporaries, employees and even members of her own family like shit.

Yes. Her stans tend to be doormats, but others will only put up with that shit for so long. I can’t think of another music entertainer who has consistently shown as much contempt for loyal fans as Madonna has. She’s often started her concerts 3 hours late. The people who paid $300+ a ticket either don’t get the full show or can’t take public transportation home because the concert ended so late in the evening.

Meanwhile, she’s obsessed with appearing cool to Gen Z, ignoring the older fans who grew up with her music. The young want popstars who belong to their generation, not some ageing diva who rejects the nostalgic popularity of her past hits in favor of whatever is hyped at the moment. The grills and butt implants are cringeworthy.

An elderly person chasing after flavor-of-the-moment trends doesn’t look edgy. She looks pitiable. Her history of being a self-important bitch is why she gets little sympathy from the general public. She’s hardly bullied, since any kind of attention is good in her narcissistic mind. This one-percenter can always play the victim in response.

by Anonymousreply 32June 23, 2022 6:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!