Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Biden now at 36%

I don't get it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577July 9, 2022 6:11 PM

I don't get it either. I like him.

Americans are slipping into a morass of stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 1June 22, 2022 10:49 PM

A good portion of people in the US are idiots. What's to get.

by Anonymousreply 2June 22, 2022 10:50 PM

What's to get? We're a nation of (mostly) idiots.

by Anonymousreply 3June 22, 2022 10:50 PM

Sorry R2. I was typing at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 4June 22, 2022 10:51 PM

Who knew Idiocracy was a prophetic documentary?

by Anonymousreply 5June 22, 2022 10:52 PM

The prior Reuters number was 39.

Before that 41

Before that 42.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 22, 2022 10:54 PM

Presidential approval rating always tanks when there are negative economic things going on. Like super high inflation, record high gas prices, astronomical housing prices and rents, increasing crime and homelessness. Even if the person occupying the office of President can't cause any immediate change to any of those items, he/she takes the blame and it's reflected in the approval ratings.

by Anonymousreply 7June 22, 2022 10:54 PM

I forgot tanking stock market....

by Anonymousreply 8June 22, 2022 10:54 PM

It's the economy, gas, inflation, housing, homeless, crime, shootings. All things that pre-existed Biden. COVID hasn't gone away. People are angry.

by Anonymousreply 9June 22, 2022 10:55 PM

People blame Presidents for continental drift, sunspots, dandruff, Madonna, Eight is Enough reruns, etc.

by Anonymousreply 10June 22, 2022 10:55 PM

It's like when people forgot that W crashed the economy and Obama saved us then elected the monumentally criminal asshole stupid trump..

Idiots.

by Anonymousreply 11June 22, 2022 10:56 PM

The Times podcast recently went to a lot of detail on this. Their take was that Biden courted both progressives and moderates in his campaign and first year. Rather than choosing one, he tried to keep both happy - which made no one happy. There is some truth there, but I don’t know that he had better options.

by Anonymousreply 12June 22, 2022 10:57 PM

Also, Presidents tend to inherit the economy of their predecessors. tRump coasted on the Obama economy and now Biden is dealing with the fallout from the Covid fuckups left behind by the Orange Turd.

by Anonymousreply 13June 22, 2022 10:58 PM

Some of you have this lens:

If the President is a Democrat, he gets credit for all good things that happen but all bad things that happen are someone else's fault.

If the President is a Republican, anything good that happens is coincidence and all bad things that happen are his fault.

by Anonymousreply 14June 22, 2022 11:00 PM

I saw a poll this week (Rassmussen?) that had Democrat support for him down to 69%, when he had been around 90% D approval 1 year before.

by Anonymousreply 15June 22, 2022 11:12 PM

he's an idiot and all y'all that are party driven are INSANE! INSANE I SAY! 🤡😁🤪

by Anonymousreply 16June 22, 2022 11:14 PM

Americans have been stupid since the 1970's.

by Anonymousreply 17June 22, 2022 11:17 PM

P T Barnum did have a saying . . . :)

by Anonymousreply 18June 22, 2022 11:18 PM

Those of you saying people are stupid. Well maybe they are but that's not what's going on here. Presidents get blamed when the economy is bad even if it's not their fault or they can't do anything about it. Water is wet, bear shits in woods, next.

by Anonymousreply 19June 22, 2022 11:22 PM

People hear Biden speak and have no confidence in what he says. He is not a strong speaker who projects the confidence a leader should. It seems every time he speaks he has a flub, which people interpret as the bumbling of an old man. He's toast; the Dems need to thank him for his service, but entrust the message to people who are more forceful and less grandfather-like. Present a vision which is sorely lacking with the Dems. They just have no idea where they want to go. The evil on the right, combined with the woke idiots on the left need to be met with force, not stumbles.

by Anonymousreply 20June 22, 2022 11:30 PM

Okay R20, Biden speaks sensibly and uses sentences. You would prefer the ranting and raving of tRump I guess.

by Anonymousreply 21June 22, 2022 11:36 PM

"He has accomplished nothing significant but it isn't really his fault" is not a recipe for popularity even if it is true.

by Anonymousreply 22June 22, 2022 11:44 PM

R21 - Biden speaks like an old, bumbling man. Denying that fact or accusing everybody of being a Trump supporter doesn't make it go away. It's also not a winning message.

by Anonymousreply 23June 22, 2022 11:49 PM

I don't mind Biden and I don't really blame him for it but I'm furious at how little Dems have accomplished right now. They should have moved heaven and earth to get election reforms passed before this year - that needed to be a priority so fierce they drove tracks down the backs of every person who got in their way. Republicans are setting up a fucking coup and these idiots just keep muttering, "Vote" as if that will help against a wall of fascist cheating

by Anonymousreply 24June 23, 2022 12:01 AM

[quote] They should have moved heaven and earth to get election reforms passed before this year

How do you do this without a majority?

by Anonymousreply 25June 23, 2022 12:03 AM

even his own party is realizing this useful idiot who beat Trump is no longer of use OP

by Anonymousreply 26June 23, 2022 12:04 AM

Here's why:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 23, 2022 12:08 AM

My question is how. How did he do that?

by Anonymousreply 28June 23, 2022 12:09 AM

[quote]How do you do this without a majority?

For one, that DINO bitch Sinema needs a stapler to the head.

by Anonymousreply 29June 23, 2022 12:10 AM

I'm floored by the posters who are saying they "don't get" why Biden's poll numbers are so low. Are we living on the same planet?

by Anonymousreply 30June 23, 2022 12:13 AM

You shouldn't be able to run for President after you turn 65. If companies can mandate retirement age, so should we.

by Anonymousreply 31June 23, 2022 12:13 AM

[quote] I'm floored by the posters who are saying they "don't get" why Biden's poll numbers are so low. Are we living on the same planet?

Why do you think his numbers are so low, r30?

by Anonymousreply 32June 23, 2022 12:15 AM

[quote]ou shouldn't be able to run for President after you turn 65

But then Trump would never have been elected, Covid would have been guided by scientific facts, and we would never have had a Jan 6th insurrection.

by Anonymousreply 33June 23, 2022 12:17 AM

This sticker is more accurate. I just ordered a few.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 23, 2022 12:18 AM

Maybe he should fuck some whores and pay for their silence.

by Anonymousreply 35June 23, 2022 12:19 AM

Silence is going to cost you. (about 130,000 to be exact)

-Stormy Daniels

by Anonymousreply 36June 23, 2022 12:22 AM

Poor r36 stuck in the past

by Anonymousreply 37June 23, 2022 12:27 AM

Poor R37, sticking his head in the sand and trying to gaslight us while the same guy Trump is thinking about running again.

by Anonymousreply 38June 23, 2022 12:29 AM

r37 They don't understand circlejerking Biden is easily shifted to Trump all the same. . . unable to understand they're worshipping at the altar of maga. . . or how exactly this kind of delusional behavior got him elected in the first place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 23, 2022 12:36 AM

[quote] But then Trump would never have been elected, Covid would have been guided by scientific facts, and we would never have had a Jan 6th insurrection.

Pssst. Hillary wouldn't have been elected either.

by Anonymousreply 40June 23, 2022 12:39 AM

I voted for him and I'll be obliged to vote for him if he's the the nominee, but I can't stand Biden. He's the archetype of the dumb ole pol whose main interests is in enriching himself and his family and sucking up to rich people. He's such a phony. When Obama named him Veep instead of Hillary, I was furious. I guess the reason Obama did it was because he knew Biden would never steal the limelight, too boring. My only hope with voting for Biden was that Obama would be pulling the strings behind the scenes as Biden was evidently so old and out of it. The minute Biden got elected, he dropped Obama like a dirty kleenex after exploiting his name throughout the campaign.

by Anonymousreply 41June 23, 2022 12:43 AM

Pssst, I never said Hillary would be elected either. Anyone would have been better than Trump.

by Anonymousreply 42June 23, 2022 12:43 AM

Oh for fucks sake R41, stop smoking so much weed. Biden and Obama were best friends. What does that say about your theory. Let me guess you don't believe that. How convenient.

If you liked Obama then you have to accept he made good choices in VP and friendship with Biden.

by Anonymousreply 43June 23, 2022 12:46 AM

Obama was afraid being black he'd be too much a shock for the system so Biden - the old guy who had tried for 30 years to become President and failed - looked like the comfortable old white guy who wouldn't scare the horses. No, he'd put them to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 44June 23, 2022 12:50 AM

R43, I'm not saying they have no warmth for each other but I don't buy the narrative that Obama and Biden were "best friends". That was just an image that was good for both of them.

For one thing, Obama waited a long time to endorse his "best friend" for President. Obama was concerned that Biden was going to tarnish Obama's presidency. Biden is not the type of politician that Obama has ever aspired to be.

by Anonymousreply 45June 23, 2022 12:56 AM

America is in a death rattle. Let’s just get it over with and elect MTG POTUS.

I’ll vote for him again, but couldn’t we get someone under 70 as a nominee? Is there no Democrat in their 50s or even 60s to lead us back from the brink?

by Anonymousreply 46June 23, 2022 1:00 AM

[quote]How do you do this without a majority?

The democrats have a majority.

Biden also promised that Republicans would start working with democrats when he was elected.

by Anonymousreply 47June 23, 2022 1:01 AM

Two lies, r47.

by Anonymousreply 48June 23, 2022 1:10 AM

We only work for ourselves.

by Anonymousreply 49June 23, 2022 1:12 AM

[quote] How do you do this without a majority?

He can’t even keep his own party in line. Remember when he postponed a trip to Europe for a day to go up to Capitol Hill and publicly beg the Democrats to pass that ridiculous ‘Build Back Better’ behemoth bill? And Nancy Pelosi (also publicly) begged them to pleease pass it and not embarrass Joe? They went on to shit on him and his bill. His own party.

The guy’s pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 50June 23, 2022 1:16 AM

Generous Joe: $55Billion of our tax dollars to Burisma er I mean the Ukraine!

by Anonymousreply 51June 23, 2022 1:48 AM

R50: The Build Back Better bill passed the House and was killed by Joe Manchin in the Senate. Manchin is not the whole party. Please to be educating yourself on things that actually happened before opening a fat mouth, dear.

by Anonymousreply 52June 23, 2022 1:53 AM

Passing the House is easy. Passing the Senate is nigh on impossible.

by Anonymousreply 53June 23, 2022 2:33 AM

Today's NYT Daily podcast had a guy who laid out a theory that makes some sense: to win the election, Biden tried to please both moderates and progressives.

But after the election he tried to walk a line between them and wound up making decisions that left both sides feeling like they'd been duped.

So he lost a percentage of the base that elected him from both camps. Add in all the Republicans and there you have your 64% of disapprvers

by Anonymousreply 54June 23, 2022 2:37 AM

Leave it to DL to defend this senile, incompetent joke of a President, whose administration can’t define what a woman is, wants a wide-open Southern border, and thinks biological men on estrogen should participate in female sports.

Also, don’t forget the most pressing issue facing America is white supremacy, according to Biden himself. Not record high inflation, a corrupt and incompetent Fed who created the biggest asset and housing bubble in history, a looming recession, high gas prices, or rampant crime in Leftist cities like SF, Chicago, New York, and Seattle.

Nope, the worst thing in America right now is racist white people. 🙄

Biden and his administration also believe in appointing unqualified candidates to important positions (Harris, Jean-Pierre, Buttigieg) based on race, what’s between their legs, or who they fuck. Each of these choices have been unprepared and incompetent in their roles.

The tide has turned against woke, and yet Biden and his administration are doubling down on it. Biden is a one term President, and Dems won’t have a shot at the White House again until they abandon these controversial victimhood narratives around trannies, blacks, and illegal immigrants. Period.

by Anonymousreply 55June 23, 2022 3:55 AM

Biden does not inspire confidence with these type of increasingly common signs senility on display.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56June 23, 2022 3:58 AM

[quote]Biden and his administration also believe in appointing unqualified candidates to important positions (Harris, Jean-Pierre, Buttigieg) based on race, what’s between their legs

You mean Trump who hired Ivanka? With no experience of anything at all? I guess it was what was between her legs. At least Harris and the other have actual work experience besides being Daddy's little blow up doll.

by Anonymousreply 57June 23, 2022 4:05 AM

Why does every criticism of Biden, invariably incite Trump? We’re not talking about Trump. Trump lost the election.

We’re talking about Biden and why he is so unpopular. His entire administration is seen as weak, ineffectual, and incompetent.

by Anonymousreply 58June 23, 2022 4:09 AM

[quote]Nope, the worst thing in America right now is racist white people.

Well, look who invaded the Capital? Funny how your little selfish rant about prices included nothing about a white mob that tried to murder the VP and Speaker of the House. No, your little gas tank going put, put, put is SOOO much more important than a group of people trying to take down Democracy as we know it. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 59June 23, 2022 4:10 AM

R21 C'mon man that's a bunch of Corn Pop!

by Anonymousreply 60June 23, 2022 4:14 AM

[quote]Why does every criticism of Biden, invariably incite Trump? We’re not talking about Trump. Trump lost the election.

Because Trump is planning to run again and he was the last person to have that job. Do you know how to compare an contrast? It's like saying "why do we keep having to talk about slavery whenever racism is discussed? It's not like any people of color today were alive back then".

by Anonymousreply 61June 23, 2022 4:15 AM

Biden should never have run. Bernie should never have run. Warren should never have run. Bloomberg should never have run. They're all too fucking old. This is the biggest problem for the Dems: the Old Guard blocks the path of younger Democrats. Nancy Pelosi is the guiltiest party: she appoints all her 80 year old henchmen and women to all the key jobs in the House. Fuck her. Retire already.

by Anonymousreply 62June 23, 2022 4:23 AM

Turmp rambles like he is always doing an improve rif with Fox News talking points. Just making it up as he goes. You can hardly understand him some times.

He sounds like he's drunk or had a stroke! Prove me wrong:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 23, 2022 4:24 AM

My point is that on DL, everyone talks about how extreme the right wing has become, while simultaneously ignoring how Dems and Biden himself have completely acquiesced to the far Left with the absolutely insane polices and ideologies they are standing behind, R61.

Instead of coming in with moderate policies that wouldn’t alienate a huge swath of Dem voters (middle aged white people), Biden came out swinging, basically insinuating all that white people are racist and that white people are the problem.

Crime and murder statistics clearly show blacks are the real problem in this country. But oh no, black people are only victims. Blacks can’t be racist though. Only victims. Black on black gun violence and murder is really only because of white supremacy. 🙄

The same arguments can be made about the tranny issue — Dems use the word “woman” when it’s convenient for them, like when talking about abortion rights, yet are quick to substitute the monikers “pregnant people” or “menstruating people” when it’s convenient for their narrative. It’s ridiculous and if they could read the room (aka the country), they would be back tracking from these insane positions.

Do you not see how ridiculous this is?

by Anonymousreply 64June 23, 2022 4:30 AM

Trump should never have run. Ted Cruze should never have run. Mitt.Romney should never have run. Ben Carson should never have run. Mike Huckabee should never have run, Chris Christie should never have run. Lindsey Graham should never have run. They're all too fucking old. This is the biggest problem for the Repugs: the Old Guard blocks the path of younger Republican. Mitch McConnell is the guiltiest party: he appoints all his 80 year old henchmen to all the key jobs in the Senate. Fuck him. Retire already.

by Anonymousreply 65June 23, 2022 4:31 AM

You don't get it because you have limited your news and learning to a specific subset of views and people.

What I don't get is how my party has gone so overboard with extreme policies and views. Surely there must be someone who can tell them this is not an extremist country. Progressive does not mean leftist or Marxist or crazy sex paraphiliacs.

by Anonymousreply 66June 23, 2022 4:34 AM

[quote]My point is that on DL, everyone talks about how extreme the right wing has become, while simultaneously ignoring how Dems and Biden himself have completely acquiesced to the far Left

Cough, Cough Bullshit! This tiered both sides talking point is pure crap. Please tell us what far left policy Biden has pandered to? Do we have free college? Universal free healthcare? 100% solar energy?

by Anonymousreply 67June 23, 2022 4:37 AM

[quote]a white mob that tried to murder the VP and Speaker of the House

How would that happen when none of them were even armed?

by Anonymousreply 68June 23, 2022 4:40 AM

Marry me, Black Millennial.

by Anonymousreply 69June 23, 2022 4:41 AM

The majority of the country sensibly wants to run Biden out of town on a rail, but Biden can always count on the support of those in the DL bubble.

by Anonymousreply 70June 23, 2022 4:45 AM

Biden slurs his speech. When talking about a subject, he will all of the sudden quote a statistic related to some other subject. Every time he speaks he gaffs. People see this on a daily basis. The bulk of Americans are somewhere in the middle. While many of them voted for Biden, they now see all the problems listed in some of the posts above, and are sorry and ashamed they were duped by this old man

by Anonymousreply 71June 23, 2022 4:52 AM

[quote]How would that happen when none of them were even armed?

You didnt watch any of the attack videos? A mob can kill someone with their bear hands. You dont think a frail little woman cant be killed by some 300 lbs 6 foot tall angry group of middle aged men? They were beating people with AMERICAN flag poles, Bear Spray, used a stun gun they took from one of the police officers and they DID in fact have weapon off site as proven later on.

You seriously can say with a straight face after watching this that no one's life was in danger when the mob is willing to kill this police officer by ripping off his mask, spraying him in the face, cracking his ribs while trapped in the door?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72June 23, 2022 5:02 AM

Never trust the polls.

The only polls that count are the actual elections.

by Anonymousreply 73June 23, 2022 5:05 AM

[quote]How would that happen when none of them were even armed?

They had tasers, knifes and guns:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74June 23, 2022 5:05 AM

Black millennial made a lot of good points tbh

by Anonymousreply 75June 23, 2022 5:07 AM

What's the plan? That's what people want to know. Most voters are not insane and realize that the president inherits a lot of crap. Trump did not cause COVID, and it would be ridiculous to think there was ever a chance it wouldn't reach our shores, when it has swept every single country. But when he said that COVID would disappear with warmer spring weather, it was plainly revealed that he is an idiot. Point being, what do you do with the crap handed to you? The gas tax holiday sounds like a gimmick, a move to toss the angry masses a bone.

We're talking about the most celebrated job position on the planet. People aren't looking for "pretty good!" They're looking for historically adept.

by Anonymousreply 76June 23, 2022 5:12 AM

R57 lives in the past

by Anonymousreply 77June 23, 2022 5:13 AM

R76 much of our economic woes stem from the lockdown which was supported by many especially Dems!

by Anonymousreply 78June 23, 2022 5:15 AM

[quote]Trump did not cause COVID

No he just horribly mismanaged it to a point the entire country was in lock down for 2 YEARS! Oh but lets whine about gas prices. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 79June 23, 2022 5:16 AM

R77 is posting talking points from Fox News again. HI TUCKER!!

by Anonymousreply 80June 23, 2022 5:17 AM

lockdown which was s̸u̸p̸p̸o̸r̸t̸e̸d̸ 𝑑𝑒𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑑 by many especially Dems!

by Anonymousreply 81June 23, 2022 5:18 AM

R81 living in the past.

by Anonymousreply 82June 23, 2022 5:19 AM

not living but noting the effects of the recent seon the present R82

by Anonymousreply 83June 23, 2022 5:24 AM

R80 posting from her mother's basement again

by Anonymousreply 84June 23, 2022 5:25 AM

-past on the present R83

by Anonymousreply 85June 23, 2022 5:28 AM

If Biden had been president, say what you want about him being old, but you know what comes with that? Experience. He would have known what to do from day one, had all the connections, know the right leavers in government to pull etc. Lock down probably would have been a few months instead of a few years. Trump was so inept, he left it up to the 50 different states to figure it out and fight over resources. Not to mention his wacadoodle theories about using bleach and light bulbs up the ass to kill the virus.

by Anonymousreply 86June 23, 2022 5:28 AM

I see the Fox trolls are piling on this thread. TIA for wasting your time and money on a bunch of liberal queers, we ain't buying your shit. I will be voting for Joe Biden and every Democrat ever.

by Anonymousreply 87June 23, 2022 5:29 AM

were restrictions and closures not happening during Joe's administration R86?

by Anonymousreply 88June 23, 2022 5:30 AM

Americans have just begun to realize that their savior is a slobbering, addled geezer.

by Anonymousreply 89June 23, 2022 5:30 AM

Cleaning up Trump's mess No?

by Anonymousreply 90June 23, 2022 5:31 AM

That started with Trump Dear.

by Anonymousreply 91June 23, 2022 5:32 AM

R86 Omicron arrived here during Joe's watch just as COVID 19 did during Donald's watch but neither originated in the US!

by Anonymousreply 92June 23, 2022 5:34 AM

Merika

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93June 23, 2022 5:35 AM

Omicron has not forced us back into a entire country lock down has it?

by Anonymousreply 94June 23, 2022 5:36 AM

The rewriting of history has begun! Turd Dump had nothing to do with Covid, IT WAS ALL BIDEN'S FAULT!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 95June 23, 2022 5:36 AM

R93 amusing if tired in a sophomoric way but no excuse for Biden

by Anonymousreply 96June 23, 2022 5:37 AM

Basement dwellers apparently are the majority of Stephen Colbert's fans.

by Anonymousreply 97June 23, 2022 5:39 AM

Only like, five people on this thread don't sound deranged. This is fucking pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 98June 23, 2022 5:40 AM

36% for a reason

by Anonymousreply 99June 23, 2022 5:53 AM

WOW! Trump was 33% in 2017 and he was intensely disliked even before he was elected, and he didn't win the popular vote like Biden!

by Anonymousreply 100June 23, 2022 5:57 AM

I've got something to say, DL, and you are not going to like it. I shall NOT be voting for Biden and I did not vote for Biden in the last election either. Also, life was just better under Trump. Gas was low, inflation was low, interest rates were low. Life was as shitty and divided as it is now. Obama was the true divider. Trump was a good businessman and had the country's best interest at heart. He is also a friend to the LGBT w/ Trump Pride Events and his out spoken support of the gay community after the Pulse shootings complete with pink tie to condole sympathies. He also married a feminist wife who was stylish and refuse to place the game. Melania is not Dr. Jill or Mother Pence. She is the first true FLOTUS feminist icon who knows what she wants and gets it. Hating the was simply a jump on the bandwagon effect. Trump was also a hard core democrat and a good friend of the Clintons.

by Anonymousreply 101June 23, 2022 7:17 AM

R64. Yes. Showing some support for transgender people and acknowledging the significance of racism in the US are quite extreme. The Democrats’ positon on these issues also keenly affect white Americans and non transgender people acutely almost every minute of their lives. I wish the democrats would adopt more benign and centrist policies such as subverting fair elections, banning abortion, and opposing freedom of the press and an independent judiciary.

by Anonymousreply 102June 23, 2022 7:28 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 103June 23, 2022 7:29 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 104June 23, 2022 7:29 AM

The tide is turning on woke. Case in point trans being forced to swim in their own bio categories. People are speaking up now about this and a number of other issues and aren't getting cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 105June 23, 2022 7:32 AM

R103. He really does worship the trans, doesn’t he ! So weird. He talks about it almost every day! It’s so weird when people are obsessed with trans people!

by Anonymousreply 106June 23, 2022 7:40 AM

Biden loves nothing more than the feeling of his daughters bare, wax stripped pussy brushing up against his furry legs in an intimate shower for two.

by Anonymousreply 107June 23, 2022 7:42 AM

[quote] This is fucking pathetic.

You sound very upset, R98. Are you getting advice on this?

by Anonymousreply 108June 23, 2022 7:48 AM

[quote] Biden can be shitting his pants, speaking in tongues wearing a clown suit and I will still vote for him - 2020

[quote] And I would do it again in 2024

Sound logic as always.

by Anonymousreply 109June 23, 2022 7:56 AM

[quote]Biden slurs his speech. When talking about a subject, he will all of the sudden quote a statistic related to some other subject. Every time he speaks he gaffs. People see this on a daily basis. The bulk of Americans are somewhere in the middle. While many of them voted for Biden, they now see all the problems listed in some of the posts above, and are sorry and ashamed they were duped by this old man

R71 I agree, but the alternative (Trump) was unacceptable. I'd vote for old Joe again if he was the only choice vs Trump.

by Anonymousreply 110June 23, 2022 8:38 AM

^^Also, Biden's cabinet and staff aren't doing enough to protect him and project a stronger image. Keep him in the background - like Reagan's staff did at the end - and build a new candidate for the next election.

by Anonymousreply 111June 23, 2022 8:40 AM

[quote] build a new candidate

Who?

by Anonymousreply 112June 23, 2022 9:13 AM

Fuck the senile sock puppet for the NWO!

by Anonymousreply 113June 23, 2022 9:35 AM

"Black Millenial." SURE

I love all of this “Biden can't get anything done” when Republicans are nothing but petulant children who are OBSESSED with sticking it to the Left. For example “Build Back Better.” I wonder how many actually read the entire proposal objectively. Biden wanted to put money into MENTAL HEALTHCARE (Gee that sounds familiar. Where have I heard that!! Oh, yeah EVERY 5 minutes on Fox).

Those Democrats you’re referring to haven’t lost faith in Biden, they’ve lost faith in a two-party system where only ONE PARTY actually wants to get shit down and the other party is focused on obstructionism.

I mean...when the leader of your party says "We're NOT going to pass anything the President puts up" on the FUCKING day he gets elected, how do you have the gall to say he can't get anything done.

by Anonymousreply 114June 23, 2022 10:19 AM

[quote]Trump was a good businessman

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That fool went bankrupt 4 TIMES! And how do you lose money running a casino? That's almost impossible, the house always wins.

And no, most ultra rich billionaires do NOT go bankrupt as a business strategy. So spare me the BS about it being a smart tactic "they all do it" BS.

by Anonymousreply 115June 23, 2022 10:26 AM

"It's the economy, stupid".

Many of the problems are out of his control, but he's going to get the blame. That always happens.

He's also just not that great. Compared to the orange shitbag, he's fucking amazing. But, otherwise... meh.

by Anonymousreply 116June 23, 2022 10:30 AM

[quote]Biden slurs his speech. When talking about a subject, he will all of the sudden quote a statistic related to some other subject

Biden has had a speech impediment since he was a child, it's not related to age. And spare me about getting quotes wrong, Trump did couldn't even get the pronation right half the time. Have you ever spoke in public? Have you ever watched YouTube? People do that all the time except they have the luxury of flashing a cute correction on screen in the editing room. I am more worried about content vs presentation. Biden knows what he's talking about Trump was clueless.

by Anonymousreply 117June 23, 2022 10:33 AM

[quote]He is also a friend to the LGBT w/ Trump Pride Events and his out spoken support of the gay community

OK now I know you are Trolling. No one in their right mind thinks this. Trump Pride Events? Link Please.

by Anonymousreply 118June 23, 2022 10:36 AM

Biden is being scapegoated. It's not fair. I still like him.

by Anonymousreply 119June 23, 2022 10:37 AM

[quote]life was just better under Trump. Gas was low, inflation was low, interest rates were low.

Money, Money, Money, Money, Money, Money,Money, Money, Money,Money, Money, Money,Money, Money, Money,Money, Money, Money,Money, Money, Money, = Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 120June 23, 2022 10:38 AM

[quote]e also married a feminist wife who was stylish and refuse to place the game. Melania is not Dr. Jill or Mother Pence. She is the first true FLOTUS feminist icon

😂🤣🤮🤡

CLASSY with a Y! 🤣💩💩💩

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121June 23, 2022 10:45 AM

[quote] Biden has had a speech impediment since he was a child, it's not related to age

R117 Oh in that case we should ignore all his disabilities.

by Anonymousreply 122June 23, 2022 10:50 AM

You mean like your buddy President bone spur? His disability he used to avoid the draft? Funny how it doesn't affect him on the golf course. Speaking of which at least Biden has family that served their country. Not a singe Trump has ever done so. Neither of his sons and none of his daughters for that matter. They just grift off Americans giving their life for them and do nothing in return.

by Anonymousreply 123June 23, 2022 10:54 AM

Whatever bad has occurred before a President takes office, he owns it while in office. That's for anyone, not just Biden. Unfortunately, so many negatives right now...with the opposition from repubs and two Democrats. He's fighting an uphill battle. I like him, too...but I wish he had a more fighting spirit.

by Anonymousreply 124June 23, 2022 11:05 AM

Pretty much everything is out of his control though. He could be the fighter all you want and still nothing would change. The two Democrats that block everything would still block everything. Republicans would still block everything and blame him. He even tried to lean more left that people expected but still, blocked my the same two Dems Manchin and Sinema. Think about it, if not for them, Dems could have all the dream things they talked about during the campaign. Not to mention voting reform, healthcare, college tuition, true gun reform, immigration bill, end of the filibuster etc. He would just be spinning his wheels and looking like a loser.

by Anonymousreply 125June 23, 2022 11:16 AM

[quote] I wish he had a more fighting spirit.

Old Joe should ask for reinforcements from the Naval Corps General.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126June 23, 2022 11:17 AM

I think Democrats seem to cater to the trendy, boutique issues is because that's about the only thing they think they can control. Everything else, the really important things, such as gun reforms, the BBB, voter rights, indictments for January 6 and trump, addressing crimes in cities, etc., have been a big bust. So...they focus on the bullshit issues. They turn to virtue signaling. I'm a broken record in saying this...but it's a weak party. They are the better of the two parties right now, and given the only choices...I'll have to vote Dem, but it sucks.

by Anonymousreply 127June 23, 2022 11:23 AM

OP - I don't get it either. How is he still above 15%??

by Anonymousreply 128June 23, 2022 11:27 AM

R24 They can't move heaven and earth. They can only move Congress.

Macron lost his majority this weekend and both the far left and far right made huge gains. Le Pen's party went from 6 seats to . . . 89.

The person/party at the top is, like it or not, the natural lightning rod for the vovters' anger when thi is, especially the economy, go tits up.

Here, Johnson is about to get biscarse handed to him today in Wakefield and Tiverton by-electiobs. With a bit of luck, the Tories might hold on to Tiverton, but there's every chance it will fall to the Lib Dems, whilst Wakefield returns to Labour.

I was of course witness to the stunning 2019 eleven tons when Johnson swept in with an 86-seat majority.

Well, that didn't takeong, did it?

When Macron first beat Le Pen, a Guardian art le lauded bin as the new Saviour of the Free World.

That didn't take long, either, did it?

It's the price of success. You want the top job, you take the heat.

Some of the blame is justified, some isn't.

The pandemic and the rush to print money to meet the emergency had outcomes that unpopular people behind the scenes muttered early on.

Who knew? Pandemic? Inflation? Russia invades Ukraine?

Well, you know:

"Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition."

Sic transit gloria mundi.

Or, put less elegantly, " In politics, a week is a lifetime,"

by Anonymousreply 129June 23, 2022 11:28 AM

Dems are a big tent party, they always have been for the last 50 years. Anytime you have that much diversity it's going to be hard to wrangle everyone onto the same page. In contrast, the Republicans all fall in line because well just look, almost all are old white men and woman. There is no range within that party anymore. In my fathers day, there used to have both liberal and conservative Republicans. Now they are all gone. They are not even moderates anymore. They have gone full extreme right.

by Anonymousreply 130June 23, 2022 11:29 AM

It's simple. Chuck Schumer is useless and Manchin and Sinema destroyed this Presidency. Bravo, you psycho cynical narcissists.

I GOT MINE I GOT MINE I GOT MINE I GOT MINE I GOT MINE I GOT MINE I GOT MINE I GOT MINE I GOT MINE I GOT MINE I GOT MINE I GOT MINE I GOT MINE I GOT MINE I GOT MINE I GOT MINE I GOT MINE I GOT MINE I GOT MINE I GOT MINE I GOT MINE I GOT MINE I GOT MINE I GOT MINE I GOT MINE I GOT MINE I GOT MINE I GOT MINE I GOT MINE I GOT MINE I GOT MINE I GOT MINE I GOT MINE I GOT MINE

by Anonymousreply 131June 23, 2022 11:29 AM

Poor Democrats. It must be frustrating when all these terrible things happen under Biden and it's always somebody else's fault...

by Anonymousreply 132June 23, 2022 11:29 AM

^* witness to the 2019 elections

his arse handed to him

the Guardian lauded him as

Fucking autocorrect.

by Anonymousreply 133June 23, 2022 11:30 AM

The Squad and Latinx woke crowd isn't helping matters.

by Anonymousreply 134June 23, 2022 11:31 AM

It doesn't really have anything to do with Biden. People are just exhausted and sick of this whole crappy world.

Next year will be better.

by Anonymousreply 135June 23, 2022 11:31 AM

R133 - Please do not drink and type.

by Anonymousreply 136June 23, 2022 11:32 AM

I make more money at my job now under Biden than I ever have. The job market is pretty damn good right now. I can work from home instead of spending tons of money on travel, cloths, dry cleaning, sitting in traffic since Biden took over. I can go out to eat, shop and entertainment without a mask thanks to Biden. I can visit friends and family now that Covid is mostly over thanks to Biden. So yeah, things are a lot better than when the orange turd was in office.

by Anonymousreply 137June 23, 2022 11:36 AM

[quote]The Squad and Latinx woke crowd isn't helping matters.

Oh Please, name one damn thing they did that has negative impacted your life? They are a small minority that wingnuts have a hard on for.

by Anonymousreply 138June 23, 2022 11:39 AM

The term delusional is defined in Webster's by a photo of R137

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139June 23, 2022 11:40 AM

The Squad and woke people forcing their terms on others is great fodder for Conservatards. Every showy lecturing utterance of "Latinx" by a non-latin Dem is a another vote for the GOP. Every "birthing people" remark by a misguided progressive will be used 20x to gather more votes for GOP. And piss of sane Dems. The Quad and the Woke and Black Twitter are not hurting me, dearie, not directly. But all that crap is used by FOX and GOP strategists. The entire platforms of GOP nowadays is "putting the woke" in their places. And stupid people love it.

by Anonymousreply 140June 23, 2022 11:48 AM

R136 I am old, Father William . .

It's these tiny squares I have to hit dead on with my thumbs on this ridiculous gadget. I try to correct as I go, but, alas, some get away from me.

Thus, begging your youthful indulgence.

by Anonymousreply 141June 23, 2022 11:49 AM

Right. They give conservatives the right ammo and sound bites..^^

by Anonymousreply 142June 23, 2022 12:08 PM

Wow, you must be very rich and out of touch to think people going broke by rising gas and food prices is nothing but 'whining.'

by Anonymousreply 143June 23, 2022 12:18 PM

[quote]That fool went bankrupt 4 TIMES! And how do you lose money running a casino?

He was skimming the casino and bragged about how much cash he was pulling out of the casino while it was losing money.

by Anonymousreply 144June 23, 2022 12:22 PM

It’s whining when you expect the government to solve every problem in life, especially if you are a free market, pull yourself up by your bootstrap conservative.

by Anonymousreply 145June 23, 2022 12:23 PM

Not a conservative, I've always voted Democrat. But Dems are going to get slaughtered in the mid terms if the answer to inflation is: stop whining. Jesus, I thought Democrats were the party of the working class?

by Anonymousreply 146June 23, 2022 12:29 PM

I have a theory and when I say it I get droves of people blocking me but that’s ok. A lot of people here have Trump Derangement Syndrome. They are utterly obsessed with him. The post about Biden falling off a bike had more replies talking about Trump than the actual topic. Even posts here that have nothing to do with politics have his name invoked and discussed. People need to get over him. I feel some here will blame him until 2050 for everything. Just get over it goddamn.

by Anonymousreply 147June 23, 2022 12:33 PM

People are stressed out and unhappy, and like little children, they blame some authority figure in their life for all their problems. They don't have mommy and daddy or teachers to blame anymore, so they blame the president. Part of it is that they were told to blame Biden for everything, because of the media's freak-out about him pulling out of Afghanistan.

by Anonymousreply 148June 23, 2022 12:34 PM

trump does take up a lot of real estate in peoples' brains...mine included. Whether you love or hate him...he's always there..lol.

by Anonymousreply 149June 23, 2022 12:36 PM

[quote]I have a theory and when I say it I get droves of people blocking me but that’s ok. A lot of people here have Trump Derangement Syndrome. They are utterly obsessed with him. The post about Biden falling off a bike had more replies talking about Trump than the actual topic.

The actual topic HERE is Biden's approval rating and why it's low, and "Dataloungers have Trump Derangement Syndrome" is not a relevant theory about Biden's approval rating.

Biden fell off his bike. He wasn't hurt and it wasn't indicative of any larger problem. People were bringing up the fact that the media hates Biden, and uses these little gaffes to attack him. It was relevant and on-topic to that thread. It's your problem if that hurts your feelings so much that you feel you have to bring it up in other threads all the time.

by Anonymousreply 150June 23, 2022 12:37 PM

I am a lifelong democrat but I am fed up with the president and democrats sitting on their asses and doing nothing about gun violence in this country. 19 children murdered and no one is doing shit about it.

by Anonymousreply 151June 23, 2022 12:38 PM

For some, it’s Trump himself. But for most, it’s the reminder that a significant part of the population is unmoved by reality or decency. Before, it was Bush Derangement Syndrome until the Republicans really showed how to go apeshit about the opposing party’s president.

by Anonymousreply 152June 23, 2022 12:40 PM

Then you should vote for Republicans, r151. They'll do something about the gun problem in this country!

by Anonymousreply 153June 23, 2022 12:42 PM

repubs always play the game of a bi-partisan solution, however small. working with Democrats. It's all optics. Then, when it comes down to it, they always reject anything, even a tiny thing, for gun reform. We need repub votes. There are not enough enough Democrats in the Senate to counter that, unfortunately. And...it's going to get worse in November.

by Anonymousreply 154June 23, 2022 12:43 PM

oops...take out 1 enough...:)^^

by Anonymousreply 155June 23, 2022 12:44 PM

[quote]Biden fell off his bike. He wasn't hurt and it wasn't indicative of any larger problem. People were bringing up the fact that the media hates Biden, and uses these little gaffes to attack him. It was relevant and on-topic to that thread. It's your problem if that hurts your feelings so much that you feel you have to bring it up in other threads all the time.

One of the things dragging Biden's approval ratings down is his age and doddering appearance/talking like an old man. Whether you think that's a low blow or unfair, it's what most of the electorate are seeing and perceiving and the bike fall didn't help. And it's going to be a problem in November. Sorry, but that's reality. DLers are in a bubble and it's going to be a rude shock for them come the mid terms.

by Anonymousreply 156June 23, 2022 12:47 PM

People are broke. The cost of living has skyrocketed. People are tired of hearing tranny shit. This isn’t rocket science.

by Anonymousreply 157June 23, 2022 12:52 PM

In times of crisis, Americans want a strong leader who will appear to reassure them that there is no reason to panic; a person who will articulate what is happening and what he is doing to solve the crisis. They want to feel safe. Biden appears periodically and bumbles his way through, gaffing at the most critical moment. I voted for him and have always voted Dem, but I hear him and I have 0 confidence that he will get anything done. He looks lost and over his head. He's been a disaster, who only got in because people were sick of Trump. I'm surprised that he is even at 36%.

by Anonymousreply 158June 23, 2022 1:00 PM

R11 Obama wasn’t on the ballot that year. Hillary was, and she was about as appealing as spoiled milk.

by Anonymousreply 159June 23, 2022 1:07 PM

[quote]I hear him and I have 0 confidence that he will get anything done. He looks lost and over his head. He's been a disaster

You should vote Republican, then. That will solve all of these problems!

by Anonymousreply 160June 23, 2022 1:10 PM

R146 - The Democrats, like Labour here, have not been the party of the working-class for some time. They became the party of the comfortable, well-educated, urban elites. They scorned the bedrock patriotism espoused by very large swaths of the working-class, traditional family values, and religious custom also espoused by large swaths of the working-class.

The Democrats espouse certain planks of economic liberalism that the working-class agree with, notably on health care and taxes. But the cultural divides have been widening by the decades.

Was a thread opened on the platform adopted by the Texas GOP last week? I couldn't find one. But in its extreme, not to say medieval foundation, it exemplifies how far the divides are being mined by opportunists.

I see no end to this, either here or in America. And in neither country does it bode well for successful governance.

by Anonymousreply 161June 23, 2022 1:12 PM

Also remember that Democrats will criticize their own president when Republicans almost never will.

by Anonymousreply 162June 23, 2022 1:13 PM

R160, a truly childish response when you can't admit Biden is a trainwreck. Jesus, when did he get some many stans? Prior to 2020 Biden was considered a joke among Democrats. There's a reason nobody wanted him to succeed Obama.

by Anonymousreply 163June 23, 2022 1:16 PM

[quote] Poor Democrats. It must be frustrating when all these terrible things happen under Biden and it's always somebody else's fault..

According to the below link. R132 With a Republican in the White House, though, the economy's growth slowed to 2.54%, the economists found. With a Democrat in office, growth jumped to 4.35% on average.

That hasn't stopped every Republican from blaming the Democrats for everything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164June 23, 2022 1:22 PM

[quote]He's the archetype of the dumb ole pol whose main interests is in enriching himself and his family

Biden likely was among the less wealthy members when he first entered Congress, as a senator, in 1973.

The latest available rankings by the respected Center for Responsive Politics that include Biden, based on official reports filed in 2015, put Biden near the bottom of 581 members of the federal legislative, executive and judicial branches, in terms of wealth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165June 23, 2022 1:23 PM

Biden now at 36% into his MUMMIFICATION process

by Anonymousreply 166June 23, 2022 1:24 PM

[quote] [R11] Obama wasn’t on the ballot that year. Hillary was, and she was about as appealing as spoiled milk.

Yeah and what you call spoiled milk received more votes than your hero Trump, I don't believe Trump has ever had a higher approval rating than his disapproval ratings. The only reason Trump became President was because of a rigged system that allows someone less popular to win.

by Anonymousreply 167June 23, 2022 1:27 PM

[quote] was because of a rigged system

You sound like a Trumper.

by Anonymousreply 168June 23, 2022 1:33 PM

[quote] You sound like a Trumper.

Your sound really ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 169June 23, 2022 1:35 PM

If you don't get why this is, you may be one of those people who knows about the dangers of being in a media bubble and only consuming content from one ideological side, but then you refuse to EVER watch or read Fox News. I'm not saying fox is balanced, it is not, but if you want to UNDERSTAND the entire political setup right now, you can't do it from just one side.

"Fox is all lies and anyone who watches it is a white supremacist!!" -someone who wants to lose in November, for the foreseeable future.

by Anonymousreply 170June 23, 2022 1:42 PM

R170 it doesn't have to be fox, but it can't be MSNBC, nbconline, NYT (which I am a fan of, but only gives you one side), etc you know what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 171June 23, 2022 1:44 PM

I'm sorry, but some of these Biden worshippers sound just like Trump supporters. No criticism is allowed, nobody is allowed to dissent, nothing is his fault and if you think these heretic thoughts you are a DINO. Sound familiar.

by Anonymousreply 172June 23, 2022 1:46 PM

When Biden's numbers are down, it's because he can't control the economy. When it's up, it's because the economy is going gangbusters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173June 23, 2022 1:52 PM

[quote] You should vote Republican, then. That will solve all of these problems!

Spoken like a true dumbass. How about the Dems exerting some leadership? Is that too much to ask, or are you comfortable just being a smart shit to anyone who is concerned?

by Anonymousreply 174June 23, 2022 2:06 PM

Trump bulldozed his way to anything he wanted but the Dems have to try to be kinder, gentler people and it isn’t working. Get out your pen and write some executive orders, Biden!

by Anonymousreply 175June 23, 2022 2:12 PM

r127 each party has their gimmicks.... they've got a low opinion of the public and rarely go off script.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176June 23, 2022 2:16 PM

Hope all you right wing faggots enjoy having all your rights revoked when Desantis takes office in 2025.

by Anonymousreply 177June 23, 2022 2:25 PM

The House JUST passed a gun reform bill yesterday, r175.

by Anonymousreply 178June 23, 2022 2:25 PM

We all get it. Relentless propaganda and lies from the right.

by Anonymousreply 179June 23, 2022 2:35 PM

[quote] right wing faggots enjoy having all your rights revoked when Desantis takes office in 2025.

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

by Anonymousreply 180June 23, 2022 2:38 PM

The fact that 14 GOP Senators are breaking with the far-right Trumpsters to support the modest gun control bill is a game changer. The spell is breaking for Trump's besotted cult in Congress. The January 6th hearings are having an effect.

There was an interesting discussion on CNN last night about Alaska. They don't have primaries there, so it's a free-for-all when running for Senate, etc. Primaries appeal to the most extreme elements in a party: the GOP you wind up with far-right nutjobs, the Dems you wind up with pandering wokesters whereas the vast majority of Americans are centrists. Maybe if we got rid of primaries everywhere, we'd be better off.

by Anonymousreply 181June 23, 2022 2:44 PM

R181 system specifically designed to help swamp creature Murkowski, who would not be elected this year without it.

by Anonymousreply 182June 23, 2022 2:53 PM

De-Facto's a rightwing Trumpster? Really? How'd you like the Texas GOP's condemnation of gays?

by Anonymousreply 183June 23, 2022 2:55 PM

are they coming for our butt babies R180? 😁😛😁🤣😁😍😁😂😉😁😊😁

by Anonymousreply 184June 23, 2022 3:14 PM

BIden is no joke. He showed a lot of spine and reserve standing there against Trump and WINNING. And Trump was very popular and also got a second number of votes!

We are eternally grateful to Joe Biden!

by Anonymousreply 185June 23, 2022 3:24 PM

and to think Joe mostly campaigned from his basement R185!

by Anonymousreply 186June 23, 2022 3:54 PM

Biden focuses too much on cultural issues rather than economic ones.

by Anonymousreply 187June 23, 2022 4:14 PM

Most people voted for him because they hated Trump, not because Biden was the better candidate. Corporate Democrat to his marrow. I will support him if he runs again. I should have registered as an independent.

by Anonymousreply 188June 23, 2022 4:25 PM

R158 and he doesn't appear to be running his own administration

by Anonymousreply 189June 23, 2022 4:48 PM

Oof. This thread is at the "Biden isn't any better than Trump" stage, I see. It's inevitable on here these days, I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 190June 23, 2022 4:54 PM

[quote]I don't get it either. I like him.

This and other comments are just proving that people really don't get it. It's not a popularity or likeability rating. It's supposed to be about effectiveness. He's a dinosaur. Shit is not happening, including promises he ran his campaign on. Things he said HE would do HIMSELF. He's not effective. He's been in office a year and a half and this is what we've gotten:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191June 23, 2022 5:04 PM

Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell wants to 'get back' to the Trump era of low inflation and rising wages. 'The labor market we had before the pandemic... that's what we want to get back to.'

U.S. Households Face $5,200 Inflation Tax This Year

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192June 23, 2022 5:14 PM

Have yall seen gas prices. What's not to get. And it's not necessarily Biden's fault but good lawd.

by Anonymousreply 193June 23, 2022 5:16 PM

R121 say what you will about Melania but at least she didn't invoke a vast right-wing conspiracy to explain away her husband's uhm peccadilloes like Hillary did

by Anonymousreply 194June 23, 2022 5:17 PM

When I saw Michelle Obama all hugged up with W, I knew that it was all about the 1%, and not a damn thing to do with the voters. They genuinely don’t care about the voters, neither party does. They will ensure that the status quo is maintained and that no third parties steal their votes from them. Together they always run the third party candidates out of town.

by Anonymousreply 195June 23, 2022 5:59 PM

[quote] Pretty much everything is out of his control though. He could be the fighter all you want and still nothing would change. The two Democrats that block everything would still block everything. Republicans would still block everything and blame him.

I’m not sure about this. For some reason I think if Lyndon Johnson was in there, things would change.

Especially those two knuckleheads in the Senate. He would’ve clobbered them.

by Anonymousreply 196June 23, 2022 6:00 PM

Lyndon Johnson was not all powerful. He didn’t run again because he knew he would lose. The idea that Biden’s challenges can be solved by looking 60 years in the past is laughable, r196.

by Anonymousreply 197June 23, 2022 6:04 PM

No, you missed my point. I’m talking about using the same tactics LBJ did: intimidation and coercion.

Also, he dropped out after resoundingly winning a term in his own right, and only after a practically unbeatable Kennedy entered the race.

by Anonymousreply 198June 23, 2022 6:07 PM

I too think someone could have played EXTREMELY HARDBALL AND DIRTY with those two rotten Dem traitor senators.

by Anonymousreply 199June 23, 2022 6:09 PM

I didn’t miss your point at all, r198. Others have stated it many times.

The 1960s are nothing like today. Legislation like the Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act passed with support from both parties. The Presidency as also had greater power as well as higher public support. LBJ’s magic is no longer part of our reality.

by Anonymousreply 200June 23, 2022 6:16 PM

Let's face it. Biden is too old and tired to launch any kind of major fight. The man would be closer to 90 if reelected. 90! I'm floored at how many people think that's an acceptable option.

by Anonymousreply 201June 23, 2022 6:33 PM

R153 Yeah, like make sure firearms training is added to the curriculum.

by Anonymousreply 202June 23, 2022 6:39 PM

Saw this tweet this morning... And I think it's true. Trump is gonna do all he can to sabotage DeSantis when DeSantis gets the nomination :(

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203June 23, 2022 6:40 PM

R48 exactly what are the lies in the post by R47? Democrats have a majority in both chambers of Congress. That’s why Hoyer and Schumer have the title MAJORITY leader. As long as 216 out of the 220 Democrats in the House vote in favor of a bill, they can pass any bill they want. And as long as all 50 Democratic senators plus the VP vote for a bill, they can pass it vía reconciliation (or they could abolish the filibuster and pass anything they choose with those 51 votes). The fact that the President and Senate leadership can’t figure out a way to keep their caucus together to support Biden’s agenda in the Senate does not mean they lack a majority; it means a few Democratic senators are refusing to exercise that majority.

And Biden absolutely did say over and over during the campaign that Republican senators would work with him. And many people at the time called him out for being hopelessly naive or a liar for peddling such an outrageously stupid suggestion. For example, in 2020 he told the New Yorker “ All you need is three, or four, or five Republicans who have seen the light a little bit. I don’t think you can underestimate the impact of Trump not being there.” And in a Democratic debate during the primary he bragged about his nickname “the McConnell Whisperer” when he was VP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204June 23, 2022 6:41 PM

R201 I would rather take a 90-year-old Democrat ANY DAY over Ron "FATFACE" DeSantis

by Anonymousreply 205June 23, 2022 6:42 PM

Of course he is..R203..

by Anonymousreply 206June 23, 2022 6:43 PM

[quote] make sure firearms training is added to the curriculum.

It was common for schools to teach safe and responsible gun use. And there were no mass shootings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207June 23, 2022 6:44 PM

Doesn't matter, R205. A 43 year old DeSantis would win and then where would we be? Why does DL live in a fucking bubble? Run Biden against a 43 year old and he's going to look ANCIENT and he's going to LOSE. Biden won in 2020 and got rid of Trump. Great, he did what he needed to do. Now he needs to step aside and let a younger person take over. Preferably somebody who didn't run in 2020 and does NOT work in the Biden administration. An 'outsider' who isn't saddled with the unpopular shits sandwich the Biden admin has become.

by Anonymousreply 208June 23, 2022 6:46 PM

[quote]I am a lifelong democrat but I am fed up with the president and democrats sitting on their asses and doing nothing about gun violence in this country. 19 children murdered and no one is doing shit about it.

TROLL ALERT.

What you should have said was:

I am a life long Republican, I support the NRA and blocking all gun legislation for the last 20 years. However, I enjoy posting as a Democrat all over the internet pretending nothing getting done is their fault.

by Anonymousreply 209June 23, 2022 6:47 PM

The NRA, back then, used to be about that R207...respect of guns, its dangers and learning how to handle them properly and safely.

by Anonymousreply 210June 23, 2022 6:47 PM

R208 What the FUCK do you mean "It doesn't matter"? It matters to many people if someone like Ron Desantis becomes POTUS. You're confusing adoration for Biden with wanting ANYONE but a fucking fascist Republican elected to office.

I would love if we could get everyone eligible for social security benefits the fuck out of Congress, to be honest with you.

by Anonymousreply 211June 23, 2022 6:56 PM

Pete Buttigieg is the best young face out there if you really want change. Just saying. He will be 43 by election time.

He's smart, young, quick thinker, served his country, charismatic, knows how to raise money, will have experience working in large government, progressive but knows how to wore conservatives and Republicans etc.

The only negative is the childish black folk who throw racist homophobic slurs at him for no good reason other than he's white and looks straight. He's not a Yasss Queen. He's tried everything to convince him he is on their side, but it's like talking to a brick wall, or should I say the hand. That's how close minded they are about him.

Someone from Lipstick Alley calling him "rat face" or" milk toast" in 3....2....1.

by Anonymousreply 212June 23, 2022 6:56 PM

Because---and I posit this only as an argument, not my held opinion---Biden, like Jimmy Carter, doesn't exude "tough guy."

Too many Americans associate sociopathic belligerence with actual strength, be it political, moral, or physical.

by Anonymousreply 213June 23, 2022 6:59 PM

Many of his homophobic naysayers are white as well r212. Don’t let your dislike for black people color your…never mind 🙄🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 214June 23, 2022 6:59 PM

R211 - it doesn't matter if YOU think a 90 year old Democrat is better than DeSantis, because a 90 year old Democrat COULDN'T WIN against DeSantis. Do Democrats want to be right or do they want to win?

Pete is tainted because he's part of the Biden administration, which is HIGHLY unpopular. This is going to be a change election and you're going to need somebody who can separate themselves from Biden completely and turn the page.

by Anonymousreply 215June 23, 2022 7:00 PM

I agree with this. It’s too soon to give up on Joe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216June 23, 2022 7:02 PM

The President's ratings are overwhelmingly a result of the current state of the economy, something which he has little to no influence over. The whole world is currently in the same shape. This will change and when it does his ratings will come back up.

by Anonymousreply 217June 23, 2022 7:04 PM

Biden still has over two years yet. It won't be easy though.

by Anonymousreply 218June 23, 2022 7:08 PM

[quote]Many of his homophobic naysayers are white as well [R212]. Don’t let your dislike for black people color your…never mind 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Stop deflecting. Show me a block vote of 100% who voted against him that were any other color than black. Yeah, sure there are homophobes of all races including white, but not to the extend of the black vote against Pete.

by Anonymousreply 219June 23, 2022 7:09 PM

And when will that change R217? The Financial Times just did a survey that showed that 2/3 of economists are now forecasting that we’ll be in recession next year. Never in history have we experienced a significant rise in inflation in oil prices without it triggering a recession. Many economists who aren’t predicting a recession are predicting a period of stagflation with inflation over 5% for several years and very low growth. There are bubbles in the equities, bond, commodities, and housing markets right now. The experts may well be wrong (I pray they are) but right now they’re predicting that things are going to get worse, not better, as we head into 2023.

by Anonymousreply 220June 23, 2022 7:13 PM

You all want someone young to run but when a name comes up "oh no, they don't have enough experience!"

by Anonymousreply 221June 23, 2022 7:13 PM

R219, Black voters went for Biden, who many saw was as a sure thing. If they didn't go for Biden they would have went for Sanders. If they didn't go for him they would went for Warren. If not Warren then Bloomberg until Warren took him out. Pete was fourth or fifth on the totem pole. Booker and Harris didn't have enough of the black vote to last either and they're not white.

If Pete was the nominee, he would have gotten the extremely loyal black vote. Now white women on the other hand and fire and Brimstone southern men have already proven their idea of loyalty is anyone that's not a woman or a gay man.

There is no point in arguing with whatever narrative you have created in your head.

by Anonymousreply 222June 23, 2022 7:17 PM

Did Biden ever get around to curing cancer like he promised?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223June 23, 2022 7:17 PM

Biden just destroyed Title IX for women and girls. You think regular middle and working class moms will support this shit?

by Anonymousreply 224June 23, 2022 7:20 PM

For fucks sake, would you 80 year old cranky Gramps stop talking about money 24/7? The economy is not in a free fall, get the fuck over it. Prices are going up a little, boo hoo. It's a cycle, you should know that. Most of you have 3 million sitting in a 401K or real estate or some other investment. You guys are always on here bragging about how much money you saved as Boomers. There are many other problems in the world or in this country that need attention. I swear Republicans have a One track mind.

by Anonymousreply 225June 23, 2022 7:20 PM

The pandemic was unique...outside of 100 years ago with the Spanish flu...which turned everything into a tailspin economically. Businesses closing, schools and many people scared out of their minds. This affected the entire world. Many people dying...scientists and the medical profession had no idea what this was and how to handle it. This was a major contributor of inflation now. Prices are rising because businesses and landlords, for example, are trying to make up for the losses. Landlords have to pay their bills, too. I'm not defending them, but the situation for the past two years was a new experience worldwide.

by Anonymousreply 226June 23, 2022 7:21 PM

Did Trump ever build a wall and make the Mexicans pay for it like he promised?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227June 23, 2022 7:22 PM

The trolls are working overtime on this thread R209. My lunatic QAnon cousin also starts off with "I've been a Democrat my entire life but...." then out comes the conspiracy theories like Hillary killed 68 people and Biden is a robot. They are liars and too afraid to just be honest in their opinions. Nice try but some of us ain't buying their bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 228June 23, 2022 7:25 PM

[quote]Prices are rising because businesses and landlords, for example, are trying to make up for the losses.

People just being greedy. Many landlord got big handouts from the government that they never have to pay back. And most of them are corporations, not little guys. What's big oil's excuse? They have made a record 300% profit this year. Yet Repugs will not call them out for that, instead it's drill baby drill. Again, it's just greed.

There's nothing preventing the oil and gas industry from giving Americans a break and doing their patriotic duty. But that would be oh so terrible to even suggest that. How dare you.

by Anonymousreply 229June 23, 2022 7:27 PM

[quote]Lyndon Johnson was not all powerful. He didn’t run again because he knew he would lose.

Exactly. LBJ's peace talks with North Vietnam were scuttled by Nixon and Kissinger playing dirty tricks, promising North Vietnam that if they turned down LBJ's offer, it would mean Nixon could probably win the presidency, and then they'd give them a better deal than LBJ would. Nixon was lying, of course, but it meant LBJ wouldn't run, and that's all Nixon needed to win. LBJ wasn't able to overcome that ratfucking. How is anyone else supposed to overcome even larger criminal conspiracies than Nixon's and Kissinger's?

by Anonymousreply 230June 23, 2022 7:30 PM

Got to love the whataboutisms and saying Biden isn't as a bad as Trump, one of the worst presidents this country has ever seen. These are the folks who can't comprehend why Biden's approval rating is in the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 231June 23, 2022 7:32 PM

Whataboutism is a Replican trait, not a Democratic one.

There is a difference between comparing two of the most current Presidents from what the Repugs do which is throw in random "What about Hillary, or Joe's Son or Michelle Obama".

by Anonymousreply 232June 23, 2022 7:36 PM

[quote] Prices are going up a little, boo hoo

We her you cracka. Just wait till November, then you can boo hoo better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233June 23, 2022 7:40 PM

[quote] If they didn't go for Biden they would have went for Sanders.

But, would they have gone for him?

by Anonymousreply 234June 23, 2022 7:40 PM

I'm going to ignore all of the circumstances of why Biden didn't get legislation passed and signed into law. He didn't get stuff done so fuck it, I'll just vote for Republicans this time.

by Anonymousreply 235June 23, 2022 7:41 PM

Who is the MAGAt at OP who keeps posting his poll ratings every week?

by Anonymousreply 236June 23, 2022 7:42 PM

It is whataboutism because Biden has some VERY real flaws and it's better to be honest about them then....but..but....what about Trump. Again, do Democrats want to be smugly right or do they want to win? I haven't seen any answers about what to do about Biden's awful approval ratings or the widespread view that he's too damn old. Just a bunch of denial and excuses. Biden's cake is baked and I'm not sure if the same people who voted for him in 2020 would do so again in 2024. If DeSantis is the nominee, those independents would swing back Republican.

by Anonymousreply 237June 23, 2022 7:44 PM

Not just Manchin.

𝑪𝑵𝑵 𝑹𝒊𝒑𝒔 𝑩𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒏 𝑮𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑹𝒆𝒋𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝑩𝒚 𝑯𝒊𝒔 𝑭𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘 𝑫𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒄𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒔 𝑶𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝑾𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝑺𝒖𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝑮𝒂𝒔 𝑻𝒂𝒙

“Can you help me here? That a Democratic president, his party’s in trouble. He’s in trouble in an election year,” said Inside Politics host John King. “He has a major policy announcement, and his own party dumps on it within seconds.”

“It’s almost like he should have run it by a couple people like, like call his friend Chris Coons who’s basically the Biden whisperer on the Hill and just run this by them,” said CNN political analyst Jackie Kucinich, who’s also the Washington bureau chief of The Daily Beast. “But no, listen, some Democrats are expressing concern this would hurt the Highway Trust Fund right after they passed all of these infrastructure projects.”

“Also there’s no guarantee oil companies would pass along any savings to the consumers. And you’ve got a lot of Democrats who are saying oil companies are at fault for all of this. So this seems — I don’t know if there was a miscommunication or what this was, but it’s clear this White House wants to do anything to lower the price at the pump or at least look like they’re trying to do something.”

“Should the policy proceedings maybe have happened in private beforehand? Part of Joe Biden’s calling card was I know how to get things done. This is the number one issue for Americans, inflation, gas prices are a big piece of that,” said King. “It’s — is it not embarrassing to the president of the United States for his party right out of the box to say go away?”

Washington Post national political correspondent Olivier Knox noted the resurfaced video of former President Barack Obama lamenting on the campaign trail in 2008 about suspending the gas tax as a gimmick ahead of an election.

“It’s not great for this White House that a three-second Internet search turns up a Barack Obama video heaping scorn on the idea of cutting the gas tax. That’s not great for them,” said Knox.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238June 23, 2022 7:44 PM

Oh Look the racist troll R233 showed up.

Cracka? Really? So all white people are rich and all minorities are poor? Talk about stereotypes and over simplification.

by Anonymousreply 239June 23, 2022 7:48 PM

And yet, mention CNN and all you hear is how it's all fake news, all liberals. Funny how Repugs love to quite them when it's convenient.

by Anonymousreply 240June 23, 2022 7:52 PM

R198 LBJ also dropped out because he was a realist and knew he'd be drag on the ticket. He hoped Humphrey could win without the burden of Vietnam. LBJ had instead concentrated his efforts on ending the Vietnam War. This is when Nixon's treasonous actions intervened. From Politico 2019:

"Haldeman reported Henry Kissinger’s willingness to inform on his U.S. diplomatic colleagues, and keep Nixon updated on President Lyndon Johnson’s furious, eleventh-hour efforts to end the Vietnam War.

Haldeman, 42, was Nixon’s campaign chief of staff, a devoted political adjutant since the 1950s. In late October 1968, the two men connected on what came to be known as “the Chennault Affair.” Nixon gave Haldeman his orders: Find ways to sabotage Johnson’s plans to stage productive peace talks, so that a frustrated American electorate would turn to the Republicans as their only hope to end the war.

The gambit worked, and the Chennault Affair, named for Anna Chennault, the Republican doyenne and fundraiser who became Nixon’s back channel to the South Vietnamese government, lingered as a diplomatic and political whodunit for decades afterward.

Johnson and his aides suspected this treachery at the time, for the Americans were eavesdropping on their South Vietnamese allies—(“Hold on,” Anna was heard telling the South Vietnamese ambassador to Washington. “We are gonna win”)—but hesitated to expose it because they had no proof Nixon had personally directed, or countenanced, her actions. Historians scoured archives for evidence that Chennault was following the future president’s instructions, without much luck. Nixon steadfastly denied involvement up until his death."

by Anonymousreply 241June 23, 2022 7:58 PM

We need a 35 year old, smart, sexually ambiguous, sexy young president with a head full of hair and a big cock and doesn’t mind showing it off.

Republican OR Democrat!

by Anonymousreply 242June 23, 2022 7:58 PM

Inflation--they think he's responsible because, as mentioned repeatedly on this thread, most of the population are imbeciles.

by Anonymousreply 243June 23, 2022 8:11 PM

[quote] And as long as all 50 Democratic senators plus the VP vote for a bill, they can pass it vía reconciliation

Educate yourself. You cannot pass everything and anything through reconciliation.

by Anonymousreply 244June 23, 2022 8:20 PM

R244 I don’t need to educate myself. I know the limits of reconciliation. Which is why i advocates getting rid of the filibuster so they could avoid reconciliation and pass whatever bills they wanted to. Funny how you chopped off that part when you quoted me. The full quoted sentence you posted ends with “ (or they could abolish the filibuster and pass anything they choose with those 51 votes).”

by Anonymousreply 245June 23, 2022 8:25 PM

r236 Come on, man. Not everyone who posts threads about JB is a Magat. You can start threads about his popularity, too. Others have. See some examples, below, when the numbers in the polls were good. (You can look at those threads, if you don't like threads about current polls.)

Mighty Joe Biden Bounces Back in Polls After SOTU Address [QUOTE]"This is an unusual bounce," said Lee Miringoff, director of the Marist Institute for Public Opinion, which conducted the poll. (03/04/2022)

Mighty Joe Biden Bounces Back With 50% Approval in New CNN Poll The rumors of President Biden’s demise have been greatly exaggerated. (10/13/2021)

May 10, 2021: NEW AP-NORC poll: Might Joe Biden’s overall approval rating sits at 63%. When it comes to the new Democratic president’s handling of the pandemic, 71% of Americans approve, including 47% of Republicans 54% say the country is on the right track, highest since 2017 That 47% of Republicans bit is getting a lot of play as that is people who self-identify as Republicans, almost all of whom voted for TFG (05/10/2021)

NEW POLL: Biden, Trump statistically tied in favorability Will Joe bounce back up? (09/20/2021)

And some not so good polls/stories of polls about the administration (Not just Joe) from past threads:

USA Today Poll; Biden approval crashes to 41%, Disapproval rises to 55% President Joe Biden, the cost of the war's chaotic end has been steep. (08/24/2021)

Rising Prices, Once Seen as Temporary, Threaten Biden's Agenda WASHINGTON — At least once a week, a team of President Joe Biden’s top advisers meet on Zoom to address the nation’s supply chain crisis. (10/26/2021)

Poll: West Virginians despise Biden, like Manchin Senator Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) has an overall job approval rating of 60 percent compared to Biden’s 32 percent. (11/16/2021)

White House rallies around Kamala Harris after reports of dysfunction in West Wing A November USA TODAY/Suffolk University poll found Harris had a 28% approval rating, a historically low rating that trails Biden's 38% in the same poll. (11/16/2021)

ABC/Ipsos poll; Americans have no confidence Biden can stand up to Putin A devastating new poll for President Joe Biden released on Sunday shows Americans disagreeing with his handling of nearly every issue currently plaguing the United States. (12/12/2021)

Nearly one-third of Democrats DON'T think Joe Biden should run in 2024 and 31% want him replaced by Kamala A whopping 58 per cent of U.S. voters don't think Joe Biden should run for reelection in 2024, while 56 per cent also say they don't want Donald Trump to run in the next presidential election. (12/15/2021)

Gen Z and millennials are abandoning Biden: Just 27% of Americans under 30 approve A new dire poll shows that President Joe Biden's approval rating stands at 27 per cent among Americans under 30, which is the lowest level of support among any age group in the survey. (12/18/2021)

I could post more previous thread titles; but the point is that he's in serious political trouble, and so are Democrats all over the country. He (and the Party's push to the hard Left on social issues) has now become an albatross around the Party's neck. Joe's just not much of an asset anymore. This is an election year, and burying your head in the sand and calling others names is NOT going to win anything in the real world.

Time for him to take a bow and ride off into the sunset.

by Anonymousreply 246June 23, 2022 8:25 PM

[quote] Which is why i advocates getting rid of the filibuster so they could avoid reconciliation and pass whatever bills they wanted to.

Can't be done and won't be done. So, sure, they could in theory do this. But in reality they never would. So this is a non-answer.

What you are doing is blaming Democrats for not doing the impossible.

by Anonymousreply 247June 23, 2022 8:38 PM

Ok R247 then you tell me what the right answer is? Just keep voting? There are only 3 Republican senators left in Biden states, and Collins isn’t up until 2026, so the highest number of senators we can add from just blue states over the next two cycles is 2. That doesn’t get us anywhere close to 60 to overcome the filibuster if they won’t get rid of it. So where do the other 8 Democratic senators we need come from? We’re constantly told that the best we can hope for in red states are Joe Manchin types. So find me 8 more potential Democratic senators from states Trump won who will support passing Biden’s agenda and who actually have a chance at winning an election in their red state. Otherwise just admit that you’re saying that Democrats will never have enough power in the Senate to get anything important done.

by Anonymousreply 248June 23, 2022 8:54 PM

[quote] Otherwise just admit that you’re saying that Democrats will never have enough power in the Senate to get anything important done.

Democrats can have enough power in the Senate to get important things done. They did in the past. They might again.

But they won't get this power by pretending that they can do things they cannot do.

They will get this power by Democrats focusing on messaging, the good things they can do for the common person, the bad things Republicans will do for the common person.

But ranting about how horrible Democrats are because they will not do what they cannot possibly do is pointless and plays directly into the hands of the Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 249June 23, 2022 9:15 PM

Ok R249 so you don’t actually have a plan. Your plan is for Democrats to improve their messaging and tell people all of the good things they could do for the common person on health care, education, etc. knowing full well that those proposals are dead on arrival in a Senate where the filibuster is in place, or in a Senate without enough Democratic senators in place who will agree to take up those proposals via reconciliation.

And they CAN do these things; several of them have decided that they won’t, which is entirely different. And the Democrats inability to get things done when they’re in the majority is what plays into the Republicans’ hands. Their voters get demoralized and don’t vote, or voters end up going for extremist candidates. Any book about 20th century European history will tell you what often happens when center-left and center-right parties can’t get anything done. Trumpism, the National Front in France, etc. are gaining ground because responsible moderates refuse to act to diffuse the situation. Criticizing people like Macron and the Senate Democrats isn’t giving aid and comfort to the enemy; it’s begging them to do something before the enemy knocks them out of power when voters have enough of their dithering and incompetence and excuses.

by Anonymousreply 250June 23, 2022 9:32 PM

Discard the people who voted for Trump, and check again.

by Anonymousreply 251June 23, 2022 9:34 PM

ahahahhah!! love it!! let's go, Brandon!!

by Anonymousreply 252June 23, 2022 9:35 PM

[quote] Ok [R249] so you don’t actually have a plan.

I'm sorry...when was I appointed the head of the Democratic Party?

My lack of a plan to save democracy does not mean your suggestions of things the Democrats should do which they cannot possibly do are any more possible.

by Anonymousreply 253June 23, 2022 9:40 PM

Again, they CAN possibly do things like get rid of the filibuster or pass major legislation via reconciliation; they have chosen not to do it. Or they could make their entire pitch to voters this year be: “hold the House for us and give us X more senators and we’ll get rid of the filibuster and pass these 6 very popular bills.” But they refuse to do that either; earlier this year the Senate Majority Whip said he didn’t even know how many votes they had to reform or abolish the filibuster (which is kind of his job to know).

I never said you were the head of the Democratic Party. But I thought that if you felt the need to shit on everybody else’s ideas for how to fix this mess and stop the GOP from retaking power, you might have some ideas of your own to offer as alternatives. The answer to this mess can’t be “Democrats can’t exercise their power now, and there’s no way to give them enough power to change that in the future, so we’ll just make our peace with living in a world where the Supreme Court makes right wing legislation from the bench, where Republican state officials take a sledgehammer to voting rights so it’s harder for Democrats to win and easier for the GOP to steal elections in the future, etc. because it’s just impossible for the Democrats to do anything to stop them with their majorities in Congress and the executive power of the President.”

by Anonymousreply 254June 23, 2022 9:56 PM

If you are going to put words in my mouth, just carry on this discussion by yourself.

by Anonymousreply 255June 23, 2022 9:57 PM

I’m a Democrat that shifts to the left. I support progressives in the party. Biden is an old school Democrat. So is Pelosi and Schumer. Hell, so is Obama and I voted for him twice. What’s wrong with voting for politicians who want universal health care? To extend abortion rights and voting rights? To vote for politicians who do favors for the people who voted for them, and not the corporations who finance their campaigns? They’re so fucking busy doing favors for their donors that they have no time for the voters. Most of them admit that they spend more time raising campaign money and meeting with lobbyists. Doing deals with the opposing party. What is being done for us, by either party? The Republicans are worse, but I have to vote Democrat because they “aren’t as bad”?

What the fuck is that shit?

by Anonymousreply 256June 23, 2022 10:39 PM

Sorry to interrupt this fascinating argument, but…. Harry Enten, the pollster on CNN, had a segment this morning showing that 87 percent of Democrats have a high opinion of Biden. He showed a chart that showed whenever a President’s rating with his own party have been greater than 50 percent, he has won re-election. The ones that haven’t, Ford, Carter, Bush & Trump had much lower ratings (within their own parties).

by Anonymousreply 257June 23, 2022 11:54 PM

I agree he would have an easier time of it if only democrats vote.

by Anonymousreply 258June 24, 2022 12:02 AM

[quote] It’s whining when you expect the government to solve every problem in life, especially if you are a free market, pull yourself up by your bootstrap conservative.

Big Daddy Government is a Left Wing tenet, not the Right. Nevertheless, I DO expect the government to solve the problems they themselves caused! Oh what am I thinking, nothing that Biden's screwed up was his fault.

by Anonymousreply 259June 24, 2022 12:40 AM

[quote] Harry Enten, the pollster on CNN, had a segment this morning showing that 87 percent of Democrats have a high opinion of Biden. He showed a chart that showed whenever a President’s rating with his own party have been greater than 50 percent, he has won re-election.

And 9 out of 10 pollsters say 97% of polls are 100% bullshit. But that's okay, you go on and keep the faith. I'll be sitting here patiently awaiting your mental meltdown come November midterms. Biden won't even be alive by 2024.

by Anonymousreply 260June 24, 2022 12:50 AM

Biden is all powerful and controls the oil markets, yet he has dementia and can barely form a sentence. Which is it trolls?

by Anonymousreply 261June 24, 2022 1:32 AM

Poor Joe is a carefully controlled puppet.

President Biden on Thursday inadvertently held up a comically detailed cheat sheet prepared by his staff instructing the gaffe-prone leader of the free world to “take YOUR seat” and to limit his remarks to “2 minutes.”

A photographer snapped an image of the document 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝐵𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑛 ℎ𝑒𝑙𝑑 𝑖𝑡 𝑢𝑝 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑑 at a meeting with wind-industry executives, which he attended after skipping his administration’s morning meeting with oil companies about combatting record gas prices.

The prepared instructions for Biden — titled “Offshore Wind Drop-By Sequence of Events” —

tell Biden to “enter the Roosevelt Room

and say hello to participants.”

Then, the paper says, ““YOU take YOUR seat.”

The typed-up note says that after reporters arrive, “YOU give brief comments (2 minutes).”

When reporters depart, “YOU ask Liz Shuler, President, AFL-CIO, a question”

and then “YOU thank participants”

and “YOU depart.”

Biden’s use of staff notes at events has been embarrassing before, such as last July, when an aide scrawled, “Sir, there is something on your chin.” Biden also held that note so it faced reporters and photographers.

I wonder where he would have sat if he hadn't received written directions to use his own seat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262June 24, 2022 1:51 AM

Not a fan of Biden's, never have been since the 1980s though I held my nose and voted for him BUT that cheat sheet is normal for any politician that has to do a million things and keep a tight schedule. It doesn't mean or show what you think it means.

by Anonymousreply 263June 24, 2022 2:18 AM

If Trump had used his cheat sheets he might still be POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 264June 24, 2022 5:27 AM

Trumps cheat sheets are written in big letters with a thick black sharpie! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265June 24, 2022 8:49 AM

R237 See that's the thing. I haven't read a pro-Biden post on this thread that claims he's perfection. So...I'm not sure why you continue to push that narrative other than to gaslight. And as much as you guys want to pretend otherwise, Trump is very much STILL happening and is STILL the leader of your cult. So any comparisons are STILL valid.

by Anonymousreply 266June 24, 2022 9:19 AM

[quote] Trump is very much STILL happening

Sure, Trumper.

by Anonymousreply 267June 24, 2022 11:26 AM

[quote] Biden is all powerful and controls the oil markets, yet he has dementia and can barely form a sentence. Which is it trolls?

Dear, go google the term figurehead.

by Anonymousreply 268June 24, 2022 11:29 AM

R225, We Boomers didn't save; our Depression-Era and WW II parents did, and we inherited.

by Anonymousreply 269June 24, 2022 11:44 AM

This is real:

[quote]You take your seat

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270June 24, 2022 12:38 PM

^ Related news

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271June 24, 2022 12:39 PM

The truth is politics is nothing but basic human tribalism dating back to the Stone Age. If Trump was still president everyone here would blame him and his stupidity directly, etc. Biden is off the hook, there has to be another reason. And of course vice versa applies as well depending on your views.

by Anonymousreply 272June 24, 2022 12:40 PM

[quote]’ YOU take YOUR seat’: Very specific cheat sheet reminds Biden how to act’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273June 24, 2022 12:41 PM

^ This man has the nuclear codes

by Anonymousreply 274June 24, 2022 12:44 PM

[quote]If Trump was still president everyone here would blame him and his stupidity directly, etc. Biden is off the hook

If Trump were president, our situation would be markedly different, and he would absolutely have done things that would have made the situation worse, and he'd be blamed for it. We had him as president for 4 years, we know that he and his administration were incompetent and didn't care about the country or its people. There's no use trying to claim that Trump was blamed only because he was president. He was blamed because he made mistakes and did the wrong thing constantly.

by Anonymousreply 275June 24, 2022 12:52 PM

Gee, r273; thanks for posting that.

We hadn’t JUST discussed that before your breaking post!

by Anonymousreply 276June 24, 2022 1:09 PM

R263 is right. Cheat sheets about protocol and order of events are provided for all Presidents by their staff. Biden’s mistake is holding his where people can see them. (Trump did that too a few times.) They are not meant to be seen.

by Anonymousreply 277June 24, 2022 1:15 PM

[quote]Trumps cheat sheets are written in big letters with a thick black sharpie! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

All this proves is that both men are too old and incompetent to be president.

by Anonymousreply 278June 24, 2022 1:50 PM

Overturning Roe v Wade with gay marriage now on the front burner will result in a massive Democratic voter turnout in November.

by Anonymousreply 279June 24, 2022 2:53 PM

Most voters are still going to vote on the economny, R279, so I wouldn't count on it.

by Anonymousreply 280June 24, 2022 2:54 PM

*economy

by Anonymousreply 281June 24, 2022 2:55 PM

No it won’t r279.

by Anonymousreply 282June 24, 2022 3:00 PM

Amurcans will vote on the price of cars, gas, Disney World, and crap from Amazon and Walmart. And whatever outrage issue is de jour in October/November.

by Anonymousreply 283June 24, 2022 3:04 PM

R283 Concerns about inflation are nothing to mock.

by Anonymousreply 284June 24, 2022 3:10 PM

[quote]and crap from Amazon and Walmart.

Tell us about the oh so wonderful goods you buy and where you buy them from.

by Anonymousreply 285June 24, 2022 3:13 PM

I'm mocking their beliet that republicans care about the earnings of the poor and middle class.

by Anonymousreply 286June 24, 2022 3:13 PM

Biden proposed regulations yesterday to implement Title IX by changing the definition of sex - as in sex protected rights - to include sexual orientation and . . . wait for it . . . gender.

Gee, the Trans hiding behind the gays once again to rob women of their rights and protections. Pretending something is about gays when it is most definitely not. You know this has nothing to do with sexual orientation because that is not a problem with Title IX or women's sports. It was all about changing the definition to include gender. Probably as a new tactic since people were catching on to the Trans activists substituting the word gender for the word sex whenever they can in legislation like The Equality Act.

If these regs pass, so now if a female athlete objects to undressing in front of a biological male athlete - calling himself a woman or whatever - that female athlete will be guilty of discriminations against the biological male. DARVO at it's legal and inevitable conclusion.

Do I want THIS clown as my president? I think we see that the Anita Hill Hearing Biden is the real Biden. A sexist pig with no respect for women. People do not change.

by Anonymousreply 287June 24, 2022 3:13 PM

Priorities.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288June 24, 2022 3:31 PM

[quote] A sexist pig with no respect for women.

He chose a woman as his Vice-President moron. The first woman VP ever.

by Anonymousreply 289June 24, 2022 3:32 PM

Empty gesture, R289.

by Anonymousreply 290June 24, 2022 3:40 PM

[quote]at it's legal and inevitable conclusion.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 291June 24, 2022 3:43 PM

R58 because talking about the former guy in the White House diverts attention from Biden.in an attempt to quell criticism

by Anonymousreply 292June 24, 2022 4:36 PM

𝐑𝐂𝐏 𝐀𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫

Today's Trafalgar poll of Likely Voters has him at 35% approval, 60% disapproval

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293June 24, 2022 8:00 PM

R259. Is that a lie you. tell yourself to save your self esteem? The Republican Party has been the party of the free lunch and of personal irresponsibility for decades.

Look at the vast number of Republican states that take in vastly more federal funds than they contribute. Look at the republicans who bitch about being vaccinated but expect hospitals to treat them regardless of the cost when they get infected. Look at the republicans who insist insurers insure them regardless of existing condition but refuse any mandate to take out insurance until they are I’ll Look at the republicans who insist on tax cuts but soak up as many government payments as they can. Look at the high levels of pathologies of all kinds in Republican states.

That is the great triumph of the Republican Party. To convince a bunch of dependent, irresponsible, underperforming people that they are the ones holding up the country and standing on their own two feet.

The government isn’t the cause of all your problems and you shouldn’t expect it to solve all of them.

by Anonymousreply 294June 24, 2022 8:10 PM

R293 Even lower at 538, where Biden's approval rating is at 39.0%

The Jan 6th hearings haven't helped him at all.

It will be interesting to see if the abortion ruling gives him a boost.

by Anonymousreply 295June 25, 2022 12:01 AM

He campaigned from a basement due to COVID 19 and now Jill always has to squire him somewhere whenever something off script is about to occur and in 40 plus years in political office, he never did ANYTHING significant did he?

by Anonymousreply 296June 25, 2022 2:32 AM

[quote] in 40 plus years in political office, he never did ANYTHING significant did he?

Two things come to mind.

a) He got Clarence Thomas confimred

b) The Patriot Act is his doing

Do these count?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297June 25, 2022 2:36 AM

I think it's time for someone to mention Beau Biden again

by Anonymousreply 298June 25, 2022 3:57 AM

36% ? I wish! He's a rock start by comparison. - The Supreme Court.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299June 25, 2022 7:08 AM

Republican Activist Judges push the Supreme Court sinks to Historic Low.

And this does not even take into account the abortion ruling today. Wait until that comes out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300June 25, 2022 7:11 AM

Nobody cares about Jan 6th - it's another time waster. It's over, the ship has sailed, time to move on. Forget Trump. He is no longer a threat. I strongly believe he won't win the primaries. Even Republicans voted for the vegetable know as Biden just to get Trump out of the White House, not for any real support for the candidate. The GOP will not risk losing on Trump and I feel the American people have spoke on that matter.

Honestly, it really does not matter who you vote for. Things have gotten worse and abortion lost on the DNC's watch. Is this all Biden's fault? No. But as long Republicans are in control in what seems to be in everything but the name of the White House stationary, I think I rather less government and more money. I feel powerless and voting doesn't do shit these days.

by Anonymousreply 301June 25, 2022 7:33 AM

Democrats and liberals are trying to undo decades of political neglect, arrogance, naïveté, and strategic foolishness, including in 2010, 2014, and 2016. It’s impossible. The consequences are irreparable

by Anonymousreply 302June 25, 2022 7:41 AM

You lost me at "Nobody cares about Jan 6th"

The rest of your babble is just an excuse to crap out about "both sides" so you don't have to participate in society as you are the victim.

by Anonymousreply 303June 25, 2022 7:42 AM

[quote]Forget Trump. He is no longer a threat

Sure Jan. Republicans still worship him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304June 25, 2022 7:44 AM

I don't just don't feel it with Trump. Most of the people he is backing in the mid term primaries have not been successful. He has his die hard followers, but the coup de gras is the most sacred of voters - the suburban middle to upper middle class white women. He lost their support and I don't see them voting for him.

by Anonymousreply 305June 25, 2022 7:51 AM

Someone upthread question the existence of the big Trump Pride event to support the LGBT community and demanded proof. There are also photos with Trump holding the gay flag and was once quoted as saying his best staff have consisted of gay men and beautiful women. Remember he was once an extreme;y liberal democrat and has a record of being pro abortion and speaking out for LGBT rights.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306June 25, 2022 7:59 AM

Stop saying "LGBT", r306.

by Anonymousreply 307June 25, 2022 8:02 AM

R306, don’t be so stupid

by Anonymousreply 308June 25, 2022 8:07 AM

What you prefer instead, R307. LBG? Trump was at heart of supporter of gay men, fuck the other letters unless the lesbians were hot. Tiffany Trump has been a pioneer for gay rights and is a huge ally to the community. Her BFF's are all young men, treated like family by the Trumps, and in Stephanie Winston's biography, it was said Melania secretly acted as a mother figure and confident to some of Tiffany's friends who had a hard time coming out. Kindness doesn't always need to be on display for the media. The best good deed are done in private.

by Anonymousreply 309June 25, 2022 8:14 AM

One final thing, Trump was the first GOP on record to ever support the LGBT community:

[quote] Only weeks ago, in Orlando, Florida, 49 wonderful Americans were savagely murdered by an Islamic terrorist. This time, the terrorist targeted our LGBT community. As your president, I will do everything in my power to protect our LGBT citizens from the violence and oppression of the hateful.

by Anonymousreply 310June 25, 2022 8:16 AM

Yes R306, we all saw the Tiffiany tragic "pro" gay event. What a hot mess. As your own posts points out too little too late. All it was is her attempt to support daddy so he would take his hands of Ivanka for 5 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 311June 25, 2022 8:21 AM

While shortly afterwards Hillary had the killer's father with her

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312June 25, 2022 8:23 AM

[quote]One final thing, Trump was the first GOP on record to ever support the LGBT community:

Is that a joke? Not even close. Do some research you lazy troll. Pro LGBT conservatives like the Log Cabin club have been around for decades. They are all Republicans. More like Trump was the last on that train.

by Anonymousreply 313June 25, 2022 8:25 AM

Didnt Trump sigh an executive order to kick out the T in LGBT out of the military?

by Anonymousreply 314June 25, 2022 8:26 AM

Mateen, who has previously apologized for his son’s violence, and told The Advocate that he is “90 percent, 95 percent” sure his son wasn’t gay, also told WPTV Monday that he wishes his son had “joined the Army and fought and destroyed ISIS.” Right-wing pundits and media were quick to claim that Mateen’s presence at the rally was orchestrated by the Democratic National Committee, with former Alaska governor and failed vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin retweeting Republican propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 315June 25, 2022 8:30 AM

The day after Trump supporters stormed the Capitol in a deadly rampage, HHS went public with a final rule to rescind regulations barring discrimination against LGBTQ Americans seeking to adopt or be adopted, or health services including HIV prevention. - 1/08/21

by Anonymousreply 316June 25, 2022 8:36 AM

Trumps Labor Department, led by Secretary Eugene Scalia, announces rule-change implementation to allow federal contractors to discriminate against LGBTQ workers via religious exemption. The rule change takes effect Jan. 8, with 12 days remaining in the Trump administration, and will require a full rule-change process for the new.

by Anonymousreply 317June 25, 2022 8:38 AM

10.10.20 Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, warned by his advance team that an event with the anti-gay Florida Family Policy Council had homophobic advertisements/flyers at the site and that the group promoted dangerous, debunked conversion therapy, appears at October 3 event anyway. State Dept. aides were reportedly appalled at the speaking event and that Pompeo touted it afterward, in a department-wide memo.

by Anonymousreply 318June 25, 2022 8:40 AM

President Trump’s son Eric claims that LGBTQ people “come out in full force” to support his father. GLAAD releases a scientific poll of LGBTQ voters showing 76% support VP Joe Biden.

by Anonymousreply 319June 25, 2022 8:41 AM

09.16.20 Trump administration deploys legal strategy to avoid enforcing The U.S. Supreme Court Bostock ruling extending protections for LGBTQ workers, pushing rules that allow shelters and schools to insist access be based only on gender assigned at birth.

by Anonymousreply 320June 25, 2022 8:42 AM

09.08.20 The Trump administration files 36-page brief with Indiana Supreme Court to support a school’s alleged right to fire a teacher for being gay.

by Anonymousreply 321June 25, 2022 8:43 AM

The T should should be kicked out of the "LGBT" r314 and same-sex attracted people not be lumped in with people who want to abolish sex. Perhaps if Biden weren't so obsessed with the T he wouldn't be at 36%. The T are a threat to gay rights.

by Anonymousreply 322June 25, 2022 8:52 AM

The T is not going anywhere in the LGBT movement R322. Show me one politician who will do that and still pro gay.

by Anonymousreply 323June 25, 2022 8:57 AM

[quote] If Trump were president, our situation would be markedly different, and he would absolutely have done things that would have made the situation worse, and he'd be blamed for it. We had him as president for 4 years, we know that he and his administration were incompetent and didn't care about the country or its people. There's no use trying to claim that Trump was blamed only because he was president. He was blamed because he made mistakes and did the wrong thing constantly.

Specific details please. Otherwise your post is total partisan bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 324June 25, 2022 11:42 AM

R160 - You should vote Republican, then. That will solve all of these problems!

Don't you worry none, honeychild. Most of the country will do just that soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 325June 25, 2022 11:54 AM

[quote]Trump was the first GOP on record to ever support the LGBT community:

I support them so strongly that I appointed three Supreme Court justices who will roll back every right gays have won since Stonewall!

by Anonymousreply 326June 25, 2022 12:02 PM

[quote] Democrats and liberals are trying to undo decades of political neglect, arrogance, naïveté, and strategic foolishness, including in 2010, 2014, and 2016

Huh? They're trying to undo the years when they held the power? Obama was President 2009-2017.

by Anonymousreply 327June 25, 2022 12:38 PM

Dumbass - those were midterm years where Democrats lost seats in the House, the Senate and state legislatures. 2016 is when Trump won. Massive failures and mistakes all around.

by Anonymousreply 328June 25, 2022 12:59 PM

Again, Obama was in charge during each of those years.

by Anonymousreply 329June 25, 2022 1:22 PM

There is strong support for Democrats because they speak the language of compassion which appeals to everyone of course. But I think most of you are unable to see that the danger to democracy in America is coming from them and the unhinged leftists. They do not want to respect the rule of law, and they keep thinking everything is flawed, with no idea of what to replace it with. America has built a great democracy and has been the envy of everyone in the world. But now these white leftist liberals who have enormous guilt are enraging the public instead of trying to reform by winning people over and winning elections. White leftists gave us communism which led to the mass killing of millions of people around the world and impoverished generations in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. That has not taught them anything and now they are at it again, speaking woke, bleeding their hearts for minorities but wanting their world vision.

by Anonymousreply 330June 25, 2022 1:36 PM

Often overlooked is the fact that Obama during his Presidency did jack shit for the Democratic Party: he had no coattails, ignored Democrats he should have been supporting. The DNC was flat broke when his Presidency ended and Hillary had to undertake massive fundraising efforts for the DNC which sapped her own fundraising. Obama saw himself as a one-man band probably because he had so little experience on the national stage when he was first elected.

Democrats don't have reliable billionaires filling their coffers in return for favors like the GOP does. They have to rely on small donation donors and Bernie's crowd also sapped money out of the DNC.

by Anonymousreply 331June 25, 2022 4:02 PM

R310 is a gay coon

by Anonymousreply 332June 25, 2022 4:08 PM

Perhaps Obama should’ve done more to build a national party, but out of the 2010 elections, it was generally thought that Obama was not much of an asset outside of deep blue pockets of the nation. Up until the 2012 election, most pundit dial Obama would not be reelected.Democrats were not doing the heavy lifting and they needed to to build local and state parties. Obama could not do it all

by Anonymousreply 333June 25, 2022 4:11 PM

Obama is not to blame for the lack of longterm grassroots mass political activism in the Democratic Party and progressive movement's, including in Media, think tanks, civic organizations, and Internet forums. There is a deadly lethargy and laziness among modern liberals and progressives, and the chickens are coming home to roost.

by Anonymousreply 334June 25, 2022 4:13 PM

Every time I think of how the Democratic Party fucked up by stabbing Hillary in the back to give Obama the nomination makes me sick. We could have had 16 years in the White House. Obama could have become a seasoned politician with 8 years as Veep and possibly been a really great president when he won.

Instead we got what we have. Now that we know for sure it was the NON-VOTERS that handed the election to Trump, we can stop blaming white women. Notably missing were Obama voters. Who conveniently forgot Hillary spent a lifetime smartly and effectively working on behalf of minorities while Obama just lip synced it and looked cool in a suit.

Thank you everyone who sat on their asses who played a role in keeping Hillary out of the White House either by neglect or out and out malfeasance.

by Anonymousreply 335June 25, 2022 4:17 PM

He's not wrong, R303. No one really does care about Jan 6.

by Anonymousreply 336June 25, 2022 4:35 PM

R334 Obama literally dismantled his own grassroots organization as soon as he became president because he was worried they might try to pressure him into doing things he didn’t want to do (you know, like keeping his campaign promise to codify Roe or renegotiate NAFTA).

R335 is one of those people who screamed at Bernie supporters “SHE WON MORE VOTES THAN HE DID. GET OVER IT!” while at the same time screaming that Hillary was somehow stabbed in the back in 2008 simply because more people voted for Obama. If Hillary hadn’t voted to let that idiotic incompetent Republican chicken hawk in the White House take us into a disastrous and unnecessary war in Iraq, and if her campaign team hadn’t been so arrogant to think that they’d have the nomination wrapped up early so they did not need to match Obama’s early investments in states (particularly caucus states) after South Carolina, she would have beaten Obama in 2008. It was her own bad judgment which cost her that nomination (along with a gaffe at a late debate where she refused to take a clear position on drivers licenses for illegal immigrants in New York and was humiliated for talking out of both sides of her mouth by Chris Dodd and John Edwards who reminded voters that that kind of too cute by half “it depends on what your definition of the word ‘is’ is” crap is what they hated about the Clintons to begin with, and sent her poll numbers down).

by Anonymousreply 337June 25, 2022 5:09 PM

[quote]No one really does care about Jan 6.

More than half of Americans said they are following the House select committee investigating the Jan 6, 2021, Capitol attack slew of hearings closely, according to a new Quinnipiac University poll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338June 25, 2022 5:20 PM

Here is the problem I overhear at the gym and this was just yesterday - the "socially liberal including the support of gay rights & less government/less taxes" conundrum. Of course straight men will vote for the money. I wish social issues and religion weren't tied into either party. What ever happened to separation of church and state? I'll admit it, I didn't give a shit about government in high school and did not pay attention at all.

I also think that SCOTUS should be apolitical, like the Queen. How can you be unbiased when you already have biases based on your religion and political affiliation. There should be a requirement that you are an atheist with evidence and cannot vote in the elections.

by Anonymousreply 339June 25, 2022 5:22 PM

r335 you tell us not to blame white women but can you explain the turnout in 2016 and 2020? Who the fuck else should be blamed if not white women and men. They are the only demographic to go balls to the wall for Trump in 2 elections, and still voted for the GOP in 2008 and 2012.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340June 25, 2022 5:38 PM

It’s stupid to blame white women in general. Approximately 47% of white women did not vote for Trump in 2020, so when you blame white women at large, you are maligning the almost half of white women who do not vote for Trump. Moreover, Democrats need to win back some of the women who have been voting for Republicans. Maligning white women at large will not help with that necessary goal

by Anonymousreply 341June 25, 2022 6:55 PM

Biden is the reason Clarence Thomas has a seat on the SC. How did such a radical ever get confirmed?

by Anonymousreply 342June 25, 2022 7:08 PM

Biden voted against Thomas, r342. Because it was a time now forgotten, he voted to send him with no recommendation for a floor vote.

by Anonymousreply 343June 25, 2022 7:23 PM

[quote] There is strong support for Democrats because they speak the language of compassion which appeals to everyone of course.

R330 - you're confusing crocodile tears for compassion. Are you actually buying into their bullshit? Vote for me because you're a victim and I'll be your hero! Yup, that will appeal to everyone with the self-esteem of a cockroach. Of course, they never actually achieve anything because then they'd have nothing to campaign for... and it's the Republicans fault to boot.

Both parties are gaming their constituents. I hope you see that. Criticizing the Left is NOT the same as advocating for the Right.

by Anonymousreply 344June 25, 2022 7:29 PM

Hillary spent a lifetime smartly and effectively working on behalf of ̵m̵i̵n̵o̵r̵i̵t̵i̵e̵s̵ 𝑐𝑜𝑙𝑙𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑙𝑎𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑠 𝑚𝑢𝑐ℎ 𝑖𝑛𝑓𝑙𝑢𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑒-𝑝𝑒𝑑𝑑𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑐𝑎𝑠ℎ 𝑎𝑠 𝑝𝑜𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑏𝑙𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ 𝑚𝑢𝑙𝑡𝑖𝑝𝑙𝑒 "𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑒𝑠" 𝑎𝑛𝑑 "𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345June 25, 2022 8:58 PM

R343 It’s a lot more complicated than “Biden voted against him.” This article from The New Yorker lays out most of the details including stuff like:

“But when Biden himself voted against Thomas in committee, he made a cryptic public statement warning against the idea that Thomas’s character should be an issue. “I believe there are certain things that are not at issue at all,” Biden said, “and that is his character. This is about what he believes.” Further, Biden admonished, “I know my colleagues will refrain, and I urge everyone else to refrain from personalizing this battle.”

Biden said in a later interview that he believed Hill from the start, but Thomas and his wife have said that Biden called them after reading the F.B.I. reports and assured them that there was “no merit” to Hill’s accusations. Further, Senator John Danforth, a Republican from Missouri who was Thomas’s primary sponsor, later said that Biden promised Thomas and his wife that, if Hill’s allegations leaked, he would be Thomas’s “most adamant and vigorous defender.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346June 26, 2022 7:53 AM

No it's not complicate, you are making it complicated. Biden voted against Uncle Tom.

Move on gramps.

by Anonymousreply 347June 26, 2022 8:15 AM

Would be nice if he stroked out. Even Kamala might be better. Anyone really. Just go away Joe. You’re a moron.

by Anonymousreply 348June 26, 2022 12:22 PM

Nice. Calling for the President to die.

You’re a wonderful person.

by Anonymousreply 349June 26, 2022 12:29 PM

Expect to see more articles like this one. It's close to a disaster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350June 26, 2022 1:52 PM

That's not an "article." It's an opinion.

by Anonymousreply 351June 26, 2022 2:03 PM

Biden’s abysmal ratings are largely the product of So many Democrats giving him low ratings. Trump gm was able to stay in the 40s because Republicans gave him near universal high marks despite everyone else rating him Lowly. In contrast, many in the Democratic base, including the young, are giving Biden low ratings. Democrats aren’t rallying behind Biden behind Republicans did for Trump. In fact, the young have mutinied

by Anonymousreply 352June 26, 2022 2:09 PM

BFD, expect to see more. Christ, the man and this country are in trouble and you quibble.

by Anonymousreply 353June 26, 2022 2:31 PM

r349 - Agreed it's awful to wish the President's death, but seriously how many times has Trump's death been wished for on here in any given hour? Granted 90% of those posts are from one or two crazy loons, but still.

by Anonymousreply 354June 26, 2022 3:16 PM

This is a problem -

“While the AP notes Republicans’ disapproval of Biden has remained steady—the poll found less than one in 10 GOP respondents approve of him—his popularity among Democrats has declined throughout his presidency, with 73% approving of his job performance now.

The AP notes Biden’s approval with Democrats is much lower now than it was in 2021, when he always had at least an 82% approval rating among his own party.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355June 26, 2022 4:02 PM

Although we are aware of the constitutional disadvantages Democrats labor under, the severity of the disadvantage isn’t sufficiently recognised. The Democrats have won the popular vote in every presidential election since 1992 and they would likely have won the 2004 one if they hadn’t been deprived of the advantage of incumbency despite winning the popular vote. I can’t be bothered to look up the national totals in the congressional elections, but I think they are similar. Essentially, the democrats have dominated the national popular elections for almost 30 years. That is extremely rare in a democracy. They have won the vote even when nominating mediocrities like Hilary Clinton. In most constitutional systems, the democrats would likely be one of the most politically successful parties in the free world.

by Anonymousreply 356June 26, 2022 4:42 PM

[quote] That's not an "article." It's an opinion.

It's reality. And it's been obvious for over a year

by Anonymousreply 357June 26, 2022 8:04 PM

Democrats’ Inability to coalesce and rally around the Democratic brand is killing liberalism

by Anonymousreply 358June 26, 2022 8:31 PM

Democrats / Liberals are losing because they're too civil to fight a Cold Civil War

They're utterly incapable of thinking like their enemies do

by Anonymousreply 359June 26, 2022 8:31 PM

Democrats are like the Romans trying to protect it's society from the Barbarians by fighting as a civilized culture. Guess who won? The Barbarians because they didnt care about what's right, honest or fair, they only cared about winning. Ring a bell?

America will fall just like Rome did by the hands of modern day Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 360June 27, 2022 7:09 AM

As a foreign observer of American politics, whenever the Democrats flail the same excuses are trotted out: it's the fault of the Republicans, of Fox News, because voters are stupid, the Democrats aren't aggressive enough. Is it ever possible that the Democrats are doing badly because they have crap policies and unappealing politicians?

by Anonymousreply 361June 27, 2022 9:18 AM

[quote] crap policies and unappealing politician

And bait and switch politics.

January 22, 2008 Chicago, IL -- Senator Barack Obama today released the following statement on the 35th anniversary of the Roe v. Wade decision..... 𝑰 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒖𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒆𝒇𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒃𝒚 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑭𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒅𝒐𝒎 𝒐𝒇 𝑪𝒉𝒐𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝑨𝒄𝒕 𝒂𝒔 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒕.

In April, 2009, the recently inaugurated 𝑂𝑏𝑎𝑚𝑎 𝑠𝑎𝑖𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑙𝑒𝑔𝑖𝑠𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑡𝑜 𝑐𝑜𝑑𝑖𝑓𝑦 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑠 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑜 𝑓𝑒𝑑𝑒𝑟𝑎𝑙 𝑙𝑎𝑤 "𝑖𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑙𝑒𝑔𝑖𝑠𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑝𝑟𝑖𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑦."

That legislation was the Freedom of Choice Act, which would have effectively enshrined Roe v. Wade into law. In 2007, then Senator Obama told Planned Parenthood signing that law would be "the first thing I'd do as president."

For a brief period during the 111th Congress, 𝑫𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒄𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒔 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒂 𝒇𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒃𝒖𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓-𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒇 60 𝒔𝒆𝒂𝒕 𝒎𝒂𝒋𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑺𝒆𝒏𝒂𝒕𝒆 when independents who caucus with the Democrats are taken into account but the Freedom of Choice Act never became law.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362June 27, 2022 9:36 AM

R356. Please see R351. If you are going to assess American politics, you have to have at least an elementary understanding of the US constitution Democrats face HUGE constitutional disadvantages. That is not an excuse. It is a constitutional fact. By percentage of popular vote, Democrats have won almost every national election over the last three decades. That is not a party that has “crappy” policies. Opinion polls also confirm that a majority of the public prefer the Democrats positions on most important issues. Hillary Clinton, despite being a fairly unappealing candidate, won by over two percentage points in the popular vote. Yet she was never president. There are arguably even worse disadvantages at the legislative level.

I don’t know what country you are from, but if the democrats operated under the electoral system most democracies have, they would be one of the most successful parties in the post-war Free world.

The constitutional disadvantages democrats suffer aren’t going to change anytime soon and democrats will need to learn how to operate better in it, but we really need fo end these statements about the democrats being unpopular or out of touch. It’s really a confession of ignorance. Of if you want to make a factual statement you should say, why are democrats not effective enough to win the five to ten percentage point national margins required for them to hold power? If you say democrats have crap policies and crap leaders, then i guess most Americans want their crappy policies and crappy leaders since a majority of people have voted for them over 30 years.

by Anonymousreply 363June 27, 2022 10:06 AM

R353 it's not a quibble to point out you can't tell the difference between editorial and a news article. You are one of the reasons for the decline of governance and civil society.

by Anonymousreply 364June 27, 2022 10:07 AM

The democrats are as beholden to the corporations now as the republicans are. They don't seem to care anymore about what people want. A bunch of really old people are running things and they are out of touch. And I'm old but even I see how ridiculous some of these old ancient people are clinging to power.

by Anonymousreply 365June 27, 2022 10:16 AM

And they constantly make promises that they neve keep.

by Anonymousreply 366June 27, 2022 10:18 AM

Thanks for reminding me of that too, r363. Whenever the Democrats flail, it can also be the fault of the constitution and of the voting system. It's never the fault of the Democrats themselves. Biden now has an approval rate of 36% not due to any fault of his own but because of everyone and everything else.

by Anonymousreply 367June 27, 2022 10:24 AM

R367. Do you have an argument against the numbers I cited? Do you deny that democrats have consistently had higher popular votes? If so, how does that fit with your theories? The vote totals are widely available. How do you reconcile the facts with your favoured view of reality? Or do you just believe what makes you fell good?

I never commented on Biden’s approval rating. It is quite low and I think it is accurately measure.d. How does that affect the accuracy of anything I said?

by Anonymousreply 368June 27, 2022 10:36 AM

R367 It is Biden's fault. He is a bumbling idiot and senile. Or getting there. He does nothing. And has never been a particularly good politician, even Obama had reservations about him. He basically said he fucks up a lot. He is really fucking up now. This was a huge sea change and he hardly looked up. It will cost him. Any good president would be doing everything he could to counter what the SC has done.

by Anonymousreply 369June 27, 2022 10:40 AM

R367. Yes, he’s quite defective, but, honestly, would he be polling much differently if he are a super star?. Voters are spoiled and stupid. If economic factors are unfavourable, a President’s numbers numbers go down. I despise Trump and disliked George Bush Sr, but it was stupid that their poll numbers suffered because of economic performance.

by Anonymousreply 370June 27, 2022 10:55 AM

This is NOT good news for the Dems, who will be blamed for this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371June 27, 2022 11:30 AM

More bad news.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372June 27, 2022 12:12 PM

[quote] Retirement savers lose over $3 trillion in stock market retreat

My heart bleeds. They neglect to say they can make it back up in no time while just sitting on their asses. it's not like they worked a tiring week at Walmart at 75 and someone robbed them and took their grocery money.

by Anonymousreply 373June 27, 2022 3:03 PM

There goes another million voters after reading posts like R373.

by Anonymousreply 374June 27, 2022 3:45 PM

It’s been a little bit since I’ve seen a post as stupid as r373’s.

by Anonymousreply 375June 27, 2022 4:02 PM

R374. It’s true that the democrats have to worry about and manage the effects of the stock market decline on their election prospects. Nonetheless, the fact that they have to do so is a sign of how stupid and spoiled the American electorate are.

Biden has almost nothing to do within the decline of the stock market, just as he had almost nothing to do with its huge rise in the first year of his term And just as Trump had almost nothing to do with its decline at tue end of his. To blame a president or give a president credit for the stock market is a sign of real, serious stupidity.

It’s also very spoiled. The stock market offers the prospect of higher retiens because it entails more risk than bonds. The kind of declines we are witnessing are the price you pay for the higher returns of stocks. If sticks only increased in value, they would have returns similar to bonds, I e. Low returns.

by Anonymousreply 376June 27, 2022 7:41 PM

𝐑𝐂𝐏 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐰

38.9 Approval 56.9

Lower than Trump at the same point in their presidencies, and FAR lower than Obama.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377June 27, 2022 8:04 PM

And higher than Reagan's nadir of 35% a year and a half before he won by an overwhelming margin in 1984.

by Anonymousreply 378June 27, 2022 8:08 PM

^ He was running against Walter Mondale.

by Anonymousreply 379June 27, 2022 8:26 PM

^. He was an incumbent with a good economy. They usually do very, very well.

by Anonymousreply 380June 27, 2022 8:27 PM

"Mr President, I served with Ronald Reagan, I knew Ronald Reagan, Ronald Reagan was a friend of mine. Mr President, you are no Ronald Reagan"

by Anonymousreply 381June 27, 2022 8:29 PM

We have no idea what the economy will look like this time next year, let alone this time in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 382June 27, 2022 8:30 PM

I'm a liberal but not a progressive as that label has been kidnapped by the BernieBros. I voted for Biden pretty much against my will. I've disliked him since the first time he ran for President - I'm that old. But we're stuck with him and I'll vote for him again but without any enthusiasm. He veers between doing nothing and then pandering to extreme leftie elements which probably alienate more centrists than they appeal to the lefties. The lefties in any case have always been more dedicated to destroying the Democratic Party than beating the GOP. So there's no way he can please them and he shouldn't even try. He's too weak.

by Anonymousreply 383June 27, 2022 9:08 PM

R363 I think you’re forgetting that a lot of those constitutional disadvantages are of the Democrats own making. When Obama took office, Democrats held 3/4 Senate seats in the Dakotas, 1/2 House seats in Idaho, the governorships of Wyoming and Oklahoma, etc. Democrats had a golden opportunity to channel the populist anger that predictably erupted in this country in 2008 as a result of the economic crash into something positive the way that FDR did in the 1930s. Instead Obama decided to side with Wall Street again and again and allowed the Republicans to harness all of that populist anger for something horrific.

Nobody forced Obama to defend the compensation of the heads of Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan Chase by saying, “I, like most of the American people, don't begrudge people success or wealth. That is part of the free-market system." Nobody forced Obama to call the top Wall Street bankers to the White House and tell them, “My Administration is the only thing between you and the pitchforks.” Nobody forced him to appoint Wall Street apologists like Geithner and Summers as his top economic advisors. All of this was a far cry from FDR’s rhetoric during the Depression, and it allowed those on the right like Trump and the Tea Party to emerge and use that populist rhetoric instead.

Democrats had a golden opportunity to use that crisis and the pathetic state of the GOP after Bush to transform our politics to their advantage for the next 40 years the way FDR and Reagan did. They chose not to do that, and the populist backlash against them was fierce. They are now in a position where it’s almost impossible for them to win certain Senate seats, some of which had been in their hands for decades until just a few years ago. But that’s not the fault of the Constitution; it’s the fault of the Democrats who didn’t seize the moment in 2008 because they were too enslaved to big Wall Street cash.

by Anonymousreply 384June 27, 2022 11:07 PM

The Democrats lost over a 1000 seats in state legislatures across the country during Obama's term. That's where all of these draconian abortion laws are going to come from. The chickens have come home to roost.

by Anonymousreply 385June 27, 2022 11:11 PM

[quote]over a 1000 seats

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 386June 27, 2022 11:17 PM

Under Obama since he took office in January 2009:

Democratic U.S. Senate seats fell from 55 to 46.

Their share of the House plummeted from 256 seats to 194.

Democratic governorships during this eight-year period slipped from 28 to 16.

And a loss of 958 state legislative seats for Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 387June 27, 2022 11:24 PM

And Democrats stayed home in 2010 and 2014. Dummies

by Anonymousreply 388June 27, 2022 11:32 PM

You really don't get it?

by Anonymousreply 389June 27, 2022 11:47 PM

R463 . I’m not forgetting anything. Please explain how anything Obama or the other democrats did created or perpetuated the electoral college or the unrepresentative nature of the debate . I don’t think you understood the post at all. Democrats have no responsibly for that at all. None

by Anonymousreply 390June 28, 2022 3:57 AM

I’m sorry R363 but a MAJORITY of Americans have actually not voted for Democratic politicians and policies over the last 30 years. Democrats have won a majority of the popular vote in a whopping 3 presidential elections in the last 40 years. Republicans have won a majority or plurality of the national popular vote in 7 out of the last 12 elections for the U.S. House of Representatives.

You say the Democratic Party would be very successful under the type of election system in most other democracies? If we based control of the government on proportional representation as a result of presidential elections, we would have ended up with a “hung Parliament” in 1992, 1996, 2000, and 2016. And who actually knows how well the Democrats would have fared in the past under that type of a system which encourages voting for third parties. I don’t think Clinton, Gore, or Hillary would actually have won a plurality of the popular vote in 1992, 2000, and 2016 respectively if we had a German or Italian or Israeli type system in which strong third parties operated in a proportional representation system.

by Anonymousreply 391June 28, 2022 5:00 AM

R391. Thank you for apologising for your illiteracy before criticising my post. It would have been better if you had not criticised it or asked for help in reading it before criticising it. Please post where I said that democrats received a majority in presidential elections. I said that they exceeded the Republican vote total in all but one election. And in that election they were deprived of the advantage of incumbency.

Setting that aside, what is your point? Are you saying republicans should win the presidency every time their opponent outpolls them but fails to win a majority? Please cite the countries where that happens. Please also cite the whopping number of times the Republicans have won a majority of the presidential vote in the last 40 years. I would like to have you enumerate that.

I also never made any assertion about which party would hold power. So I’m not sure why you are correcting me. My post solely said that it is bizarre that most of the conversation we hear about the Democratic Party being inept or out of touch or of a massive conservative wave is essentially stupid since it doesn’t take into account the level of popular support democrats command It’s about as meaningful as having years of discussions about what in Lia Thomas’ training regimen that makes her so dominant in women’s swimming. Any discussion of politics that ignores the democrats’ popular appeal is stupid and meaningless.

Democrats are unique in holding popular support over the last 30 years. I can’t think of any other party in the democratic world that has held that level of popular support over the last 30 years.

by Anonymousreply 392June 28, 2022 8:46 AM

^last 30 years

by Anonymousreply 393June 28, 2022 8:47 AM

[quote]This is NOT good news for the Dems, who will be blamed for this. R317

Boomers crying over money again. Gee, where have I heard that before? Most of them voted for Trump anyways.

by Anonymousreply 394June 28, 2022 8:57 AM

Biden's record vs Repug talking points.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395June 28, 2022 9:22 AM

R391, if you had an electoral system like in Italy or Germany or most democracies then you would have various parties who together had a majority getting together and agreeing on an electoral programme. Which is a good thing!

by Anonymousreply 396June 28, 2022 10:55 AM

The other thing the US needs to reform or, even better, abandon altogether is the presidential system. Have a prime minister and a parliamentary system, with the president as ceremonial head of state.

by Anonymousreply 397June 28, 2022 10:56 AM

R395, unfortunately there's no source for your comical graph, but most of the jobs created under Biden are not new jobs thank to new thriving industries or economic growth, but old jobs lost to Covid being replaced. Many of these jobs are also hard to fill because even unemployed people don't find their pay or conditions attractive.

by Anonymousreply 398June 28, 2022 11:00 AM

[quote](Biden's rating is) higher than Reagan's nadir of 35% a year and a half before he won by an overwhelming margin in 1984.

[quote]He was running against Walter Mondale.

Well, we can be sure that whoever Biden runs against will be infinitely more vile than Mondale.

by Anonymousreply 399June 28, 2022 11:05 AM

Quinnipiac now has him at 33%. It's inflation, gas prices and prices at the grocery store.

by Anonymousreply 400June 28, 2022 11:06 AM

I want to reregister as an independent. Aren’t you able to write in your candidates that way?

by Anonymousreply 401June 28, 2022 12:49 PM

36% is actually amazingly good for someone suffering from dementia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402June 28, 2022 2:14 PM

[quote] I don’t think Clinton, Gore, or Hillary would actually have won a plurality of the popular vote in 1992, 2000, and 2016 respectively if we had a German or Italian or Israeli type system in which strong third parties operated in a proportional representation system.

Exactly. And if we had that system, we would have the very same people complaining here, "Oh, it's not fair, Hillary would have won if we only an electoral college system instead!"

by Anonymousreply 403June 28, 2022 2:28 PM

R401, anyone can write in candidates. The problem with being Independent is it locks you out of voting in primaries in many states and those can be deciding elections.

A very long time ago I got mad at the Dem Party and changed to Ind. I can't even remember specifically why now. Maybe about how I thought they treated Jimmy Carter vis a vis that hypocritical asshole Ted Kennedy. Some reason. But within a short time I changed back because everything is decided in closed primaries where I am. LOL

by Anonymousreply 404June 28, 2022 2:28 PM

Yes R392 I’m illiterate for suggesting that you said a majority of people have voted for Democratic politicians and policies for decades when you ended your post with “If you say democrats have crap policies and crap leaders, then i guess most Americans want their crappy policies and crappy leaders since a majority of people have voted for them over 30 years.” I simply pointed out the fact that your closing statement isn’t actually true when you look at the results of presidential elections and elections for the U.S. House during that period.

And you did actually suggest that the Democrats would hold more power if we had a different electoral system. You wrote “I don’t know what country you are from, but if the democrats operated under the electoral system most democracies have, they would be one of the most successful parties in the post-war Free world.” I simply pointed out that you have no idea whether or not that would actually be true because you can’t just take the election results in one system and expect that they would be the same in a totally different system. In a European style proportional rep system we’d have likely had 5 major parties competing for power in 2016: Dems, GOP, Libertarians, Greens or some other party led by Bernie Sanders, and some sort of “classic” Eisenhower style Republican Party led by someone like John Kasich that broke with the GOP after Trump won the leadership contest. You have absolutely no clue what percentage of the vote the Democrats would have won under those circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 405June 28, 2022 3:13 PM

And to answer your challenge to please cite the countries where the party that wins a plurality of the votes doesn’t actually take power as the head of government, let me assure you that it does in fact happen more often than you think. Portugal in 2015 would be an example. It’s happened in Israel at least 3 times recently in 2008, 2019, and 2021. Churchill and the Tories got back into power in 1951 despite Labour winning a plurality of the popular vote. It happens R392

by Anonymousreply 406June 28, 2022 3:35 PM

[quote]anyways

SMH.

by Anonymousreply 407June 28, 2022 4:16 PM

R406. Portugal directly elects its head of government? Israel elected the vote loser as prime minster jn direct elections? Please cite those instances.

Are you ou actually saying democrats haven’t had a majority of the national vote total in most recent elections?

by Anonymousreply 408June 28, 2022 4:32 PM

For crying out loud R408 you’re making my point for me. You can’t assert (as you did) that the Democrats would be more successful under a parliamentary system or a proportional representation system based on the results in our system because they are completely different systems. Most democracies don’t have direct elections for their head of government, so it’s ridiculous for you to say “if the democrats operated under the electoral system most democracies have…” and then say it’s not correct to mention what happens in the electoral systems that most other democracies have.

And yes, as I mentioned in an earlier post it is incorrect to say that Democrats have won a majority of the national popular vote in the last 30 years. They’ve won a majority at the presidential level 3/8 times in that timespan you cited, and they’ve lost the national popular vote 8/15 times in the U.S. House of Representatives elections during that timespan.

by Anonymousreply 409June 28, 2022 4:45 PM

R408 is obviously a troll with little knowledge of what he's talking about.

by Anonymousreply 410June 28, 2022 4:48 PM

R406 is correct, but I can't believe he left out DL's favorite, Trudeau, who won the 2019 Canadian election while losing the popular vote.

by Anonymousreply 411June 28, 2022 4:53 PM

He did?

Who wouldn’t vote for that fine ass?

Tell me their names!

by Anonymousreply 412June 28, 2022 4:59 PM

And again in 2021 R411

by Anonymousreply 413June 28, 2022 5:00 PM

Et 4p99. Please, please bother to read or learn to read. It’s stupid to have you refute things that you imagine I said that exist only in your imagination. When did I say democrats would win in a parliamentary system? I never, ever said that. Yet you clearly say I did. You do realise that many countries outside of Europe have direct elections of presidents

I think you are frustrated because You assumed my initial post implied that democrats would have won every election in the last 30 years, when I said nothing if the sort. You further assumed I said they would win in a parliamentary system which I emphatically also did not say. I don’t correct you for saying things you didn’t say so I would appreciate your doing the same.

All I asked that you babe a system where the vote loser becomes the winner if the popular vote winner fails to win a majority. Everyone with half a brain knows that parliamentary democracies form coalitions. It’s pointless to note that .

I honestly, as acknowledged in my original post, had not looked up whether the democrats had won the popukat vote In congressional elections. Sorry that you are exasperated but, again, you will realise that is your failure. The US legislature has two houses It is possible that the democrats have not won the majority of the popular vote for both houses, but you have never said that. It is not my fault if you want to ignore that there js another branch of the legislature or are not aware of it.

by Anonymousreply 414June 28, 2022 5:15 PM

R410. So you care to cite any inaccuracy in my post?

by Anonymousreply 415June 28, 2022 5:17 PM

𝑷𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝑱𝒐𝒆 𝑩𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒐𝒑 𝒂𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 '𝒊𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅' 𝒃𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒆𝒅 2024 𝒓𝒆-𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒃𝒊𝒅 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒆𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘 𝑫𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒄𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒂, a new report suggests on Monday.

Biden, who would be 81 years old when he ran for office a second time, has faced a mountain of discussions about potential primary challengers compared to other first-term president this early in office.

Lawmakers within the president's own party have been hesitant to get behind him at this point. Earlier this month, firebrand Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez refused to say she would back a Biden 2024 campaign during an interview on CNN.

'Should he run again, I think that I - you know, I think it's - it's, we'll take a look at it,' the New York Democrat said. 'But, right now, we need to focus on winning a majority, instead of a presidential election.'

West Virginia conservative Democratic Senator Joe Manchin also would not tell the New York Times whether he would support Biden, brushing off the question with, 'We’re just trying to do our daily thing, brother.'

'Trying to do what we got to do that’s good for the country,' said the senator, who reports suggest has fielded requests from wealthy donors to run as a third-party candidate in 2024.

But Biden and his team see perceptions that he is a 'lame duck' less than halfway through his first term as a 'lack of respect,' the Times reports based off anonymous conversations with people who speak regularly with the commander-in-chief.

The report suggests that Biden's allies believe his ability to beat Donald Trump in 2020 is reason enough to support his candidacy, which comes amid the ex-president's ever-increasing hints that he's looking to run for office a third time.

It cites left-wing Democratic voters' frustration with party leaders for failing to mount an adequate response to the Supreme Court overturning federal abortion protections in Roe v. Wade.

While establishment leaders like Senator Chuck Schumer have assured they will support a Biden re-election bid, younger Democrat leaders like South Carolina gubernatorial candidate Joe Cunningham have called on him to pass the torch 'to a new generation of leadership,' as the former representative said on CNN.

by Anonymousreply 416June 28, 2022 10:13 PM

R414 I’m sure to the relief of everyone else here this is the last time I’m responding to you because we’re obviously not getting anywhere.

When you said “most democracies” I assumed you actually meant most democracies. And most legitimate, non-authoritarian democracies in the world right now don’t allow the head of government to be elected by direct election (I’m not going to be silly and count authoritarian countries in Africa and the Middle East such as Iran which are democracies in name only). I feel like this is a Monty Python sketch where you say Democrats would do better in the type of system they have in most other democracies, but then you say—Well of course not counting those in Europe, the Caribbean, Australia, Japan, India, Pakistan, South Africa, New Zealand, Israel, Canada, etc. If you want the U.S. to adopt a South American system then just say that, but South America’s system doesn’t represent what you find in a majority of non-authoritarian democracies.

And of course the S. American system isn’t much of an improvement on what we already have since, like here, separate elections for the executive and legislature can lead to dysfunctional divided government.

I didn’t bring up the Senate because I didn’t see the point given that your original argument was that Democrats would be much more successful winning power if it wasn’t for Constitutional impediments such as the Electoral College and equal representation for states in the senate. It’s pointless to cite Senate election results when you correctly identity them as not representative of the majority will in the country.

My original point was that the Constitution does not allow amendments changing equal representation in the Senate, so we Democrats can bitch and moan about the Dakotas getting twice as many senators as California, or we can actually deliver economic populist policies that allow us to be competitive in the Dakotas and other such states as Democrats routinely were in the New Deal and Great Society periods right up until about 10-15 years ago. We can’t get rid of the Electoral College. We can’t get rid of the Senate. So we have to find a way to win in spite of those obstacles. And there was a golden opportunity for Democrats to reshuffle the political landscape in 2008 and put together a multi-decade majority, and they blew it by apologizing, for rather than punishing, Wall Street.

by Anonymousreply 417June 28, 2022 10:19 PM

Jesus, r417, GET A BLOG.

by Anonymousreply 418June 29, 2022 2:37 AM

Great post R417

by Anonymousreply 419June 29, 2022 2:42 AM

[quote] there was a golden opportunity for Democrats to reshuffle the political landscape in 2008 and put together a multi-decade majority, and they blew it by apologizing, for rather than punishing, Wall Street.

When Obama demanded hundreds of billions for "shovel ready jobs " I thought he meant projects like the WPA. I didn't realize he meant shoveling the cash to Wells Fargo and Bank of America.

by Anonymousreply 420June 29, 2022 2:48 AM

[quote] younger Democrat leaders like South Carolina gubernatorial candidate Joe Cunningham have called on him to pass the torch

I'd pass him my torch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421June 29, 2022 4:16 AM

Hillary should have been the nominee in 2008 with Obama as VP. Obama thought the Republicans would love him as much as the media did, he was too gullible and too inexperienced. Then he could have been the nominee in 2016. But his ego was too big to wait his turn.

by Anonymousreply 422June 29, 2022 4:23 AM

Here's what people do not want, but Democrats won't let go of.

They don't want Hillary. They really, truly, doesn't matter whether it's fair or not. Stop it.

They don't want troon supremacy. Don't want them in women's sport or any women's spaces, they don't want the word "woman" to become irrelevant. Stop telling kids they might be born in the wrong body.

They don't want black supremacy. They will not pay reparations. They don't like "whiteness" being demonized.

They don't like political grooming of kids. Keep your politics out of the schools. Reading, writing, arithmetic are plenty, at least up to Grade 5.

They don't like their kids being taken to bars as a field trip for school. Go to a goddamned museum.

Almost all of them are capitalists, no matter where they are on the totem pole. Stop trying to push communism down their throats especially by people who are so politically incompetent they think they'll be comrade flute player after the revolution. Get real.

Stop insulting Latinos by using the universally hated "Latin-X" and calling the ones who disagree with you "self hating".

Stop insulting black people by calling the ones who disagree with you "coon" or "Uncle Tom" or the n-word.

Stop telling women to shut up and sit down when they disagree that men with sexual fetishes are true and genuine women.

by Anonymousreply 423June 29, 2022 4:32 AM

R429. Just as you forgot one of the three national elections (the senate). You have forgotten most of the Americas where direct presidential elections are quite common. So, no, wasn’t rethinking of Asia or Africa.

The way the senate seats are apportioned is unrepresentative, but the popular vote is before that stage You didn’t need to fret about the system. You can just look at the popular vote total

I don’t think anybody disagrees with you that popular vote losers can sometimes win power in certain systems. What would be very weird is that the popular vote winner in all but one of the presidential elections is anything other than one of the most dominant political parties in the world. Sure , if you retrospectively imposed a parliamentary system on the US and assumed the rise of small parties and assumed that house race votes remained the same ( despite the fact the nature of the house race is changed since it affects the presidential election), the democrats might not have prevailed on some of those elections.

We all know the electoral college is not going away and said that in my first post. That’s why I made no statement about how often the democrats would actually have controlled the government.

The original pint I made, which you have not been able to deny is that the democrats, despite all the nonsense we hear about their being out of touch or inept are very successful at winning popular votes.

by Anonymousreply 424June 29, 2022 5:20 AM

What's troon supremacy?

by Anonymousreply 425June 29, 2022 7:32 AM

Here's what people do not want, but Republicans won't let go of.

They don't want religion mixed in the government. Stop pretending you have to be religious to be a good person. Most of you are not.

They don't want the Supreme Court to tell woman what they can do with their bodies.

They don't want the Supreme Court to fuck with gay marriage, regulate who you can have sex with or rights of LGBT.

They don't want a political party who's only goal is to own the libs or block any vote from going to the floor for a debate.

They don't want a president who Tweets all day long like a childish troll in him mom's basement.

They don't want nasty mean spirited politicians who's main goal in life is to push the use of guns as family values.

They don't want dark money legally being donated to campaigns, another poor decision decided by the Supreme Court.

They don't want tax cuts for the rich and powerful corporation while you bitch about food stamps for the poor.

They don't want fake talk about how bad Obama Care is when Republicans have not offered an alternative in 16 years and counting.

They don't want to hear about the boarder when most of the immigrants are hired illegally by companies too cheap to pay a decent wage.

They dont want to hear how everyone in CA is a liberal elite just because they have a college education and don't want to live in a trailer.

by Anonymousreply 426June 29, 2022 7:50 AM

People might be happy with LGB rights r426, but that doesn't mean they believe that women can have penises, as demanded by the T rights activists that you believe people support.

by Anonymousreply 427June 29, 2022 8:08 AM

I'm a T-T-T-Troon!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428June 29, 2022 11:42 AM

[quote] They don't want to hear about the boarder when most of the immigrants are hired illegally by companies too cheap to pay a decent wage.

Uh, that's a Repub talking point.

by Anonymousreply 429June 29, 2022 2:30 PM

Biden Job Approval: Approve 38% Disapprove 57%

.@Reuters/@ipsos, 1,005 Adults, 6/27-28

by Anonymousreply 430June 29, 2022 2:55 PM

R429 So you’re saying it’s untrue? Or that it’s true but inconvenient?

by Anonymousreply 431June 29, 2022 2:56 PM

[quote]They don't want a political party who's only goal is to own the libs or block any vote from going to the floor for a debate.

[quote]They don't want nasty mean spirited politicians who's main goal in life is to push the use of guns as family values.

[quote]They don't want to hear about the boarder

Oh, fucking dear!

by Anonymousreply 432June 29, 2022 3:58 PM

𝐑𝐂𝐏 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐰

38.1 Approval

57.4 Disapproval

by Anonymousreply 433June 29, 2022 5:14 PM

Biden will be sending more troops to Europe to defend NATO.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434June 29, 2022 7:57 PM

38.0 approval

57.5 disapproval

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435June 29, 2022 8:03 PM

R432, Will someone please shit in his mouth?

by Anonymousreply 436June 29, 2022 8:03 PM

Generic Ballot (National) Dem 39% Rep 32% 6/24-6/27 by YouGov (B+) 1630

Generic Ballot (National) Rep 48% Dem 45% 6/16-6/17 by Cygnal (B+) 5753 LV

Generic Ballot (National) Rep 49% Dem 40% 6/20-6/23 by Trafalgar Group (A-) 1079 LV NOTE: partisan (R) poll

Generic Ballot (National) Dem 45% Rep 42% 6/24-6/25 by Morning Consult (B) 2005 RV

Generic Ballot (National) Dem 48% Rep 41% 6/24-6/25 by Marist College (A) 868 RV

Generic Ballot (National) Rep 48% Dem 40% 6/19-6/23 by Rasmussen Reports/Pulse Opinion Research (B) 2500 LV

by Anonymousreply 437June 29, 2022 8:03 PM

Republican controlled Supreme Court Rating at record low. 25%.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438June 29, 2022 8:05 PM

The Supreme Court is not elected, dear. They're not there to be "popular".

by Anonymousreply 439June 29, 2022 8:19 PM

Yes R439 but they are not there to be political hacks and religious nuts either.

by Anonymousreply 440June 29, 2022 8:23 PM

Based on the past 4 years, you can infer that the supreme court IS elected by proxy of the President. It's literally a promise Trump ran on. Putting political hacks on the court to support a political agenda POPULAR with right wing conservatives and Trumpeters.

by Anonymousreply 441June 29, 2022 8:33 PM

And although Trump explicitly, loudly proclaimed he would appoint judges preapproved by right wing organizations, Democrats and progressives stupidly still did not get energized around the issue of courts.

by Anonymousreply 442June 29, 2022 9:42 PM

All the progressive histrionics right now really seem hollow in light of the decades of rightwing committed action to prioritizing courts.

by Anonymousreply 443June 29, 2022 9:43 PM

All those progressives who refused to vote for Hillary elected Trump and Coney Barrett, Kavanaugh and Gorsuch. So they can shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 444June 30, 2022 1:27 AM

I wanna see what they have to say now

by Anonymousreply 445June 30, 2022 1:40 AM

You're welcome, R444.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446June 30, 2022 1:51 AM

The US should become an actual democracy and not have politicians select the judiciary.

by Anonymousreply 447June 30, 2022 6:15 AM

Woke people wouldn't dare let America become an "actual democracy". They'd never want the deplorables to have that much power.

by Anonymousreply 448June 30, 2022 6:50 AM

Some states do elect their judiciary. Electing federal judges? How would that even work?

by Anonymousreply 449June 30, 2022 6:51 AM

The judiciary shouldn't be elected either, r449. It should be selected by apolitical commissions, as in all actual, sorry, other, democracies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450June 30, 2022 7:11 AM

[quote]Woke people wouldn't dare let America become an "actual democracy". They'd never want the deplorables to have that much power.

If we went by the popular vote we would have had Democrats as Presidents for years now.

What you mean is, your deplorables would never let that happen.

by Anonymousreply 451June 30, 2022 12:18 PM

[quote]If we went by the popular vote we would have had Democrats as Presidents for years now. What you mean is, your deplorables would never let that happen.

Are you trying to tell us that the Democrats want the President to be chosen by popular vote?

Please tell us: what Democratic administration has actively worked to abolish the Electoral College.

by Anonymousreply 452June 30, 2022 3:26 PM

White House Press Corps: Biden administration has been acting : ‘𝐴𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑡𝑖𝑐𝑎𝑙 𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝐶𝑜𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑝𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑎 𝐹𝑟𝑒𝑒 𝑃𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑠’

“The current method of allowing a limited number of reporters into these events is not only restrictive and antithetical to the concept of a free press, but it has been done without any transparent process into how reporters are selected to cover these events,” the letter adds, implying that the Biden White House is not living up to the ideals of a free press.

“We are all left wondering who is making these decisions and what are the criteria on which they are based?” the letter adds, calling out the lack of transparency.

The letter goes on to note that the journalists understand that Covid-19 and social distancing has led to a restructuring of physical access in the White House.

They add, however, that since Covid-19 guidelines have been relaxed, “we’ve never gotten an explanation as to why the areas that have traditionally been opened to all press remain restricted.”

“The continued inability of the White House to be candid and transparent about the selection process for reporters attending his remarks undermines President Biden’s credibility when he says he is a defender of the First Amendment,” the letter adds, offering an explicit jab at Biden’s record on maintaining freedom of the press in the United States.

Let us be candid. Our job is not to be liked, nor is it to be concerned about whether or not you like what we ask. A reporter’s ability to question the most powerful man in our government shouldn’t be discretionary. The administration’s continued efforts to limit access to the president cannot be defended. Any notion that space is “limited” is not supported by the fact that every other president before Biden (including Trump) allowed full access to the very same spaces without making us fill out a request form prior to admittance.

The letter is signed by journalists from across the political spectrum, from CNN’s Kaitlan Collins to Fox News’s Jacqui Heinrich and the New York Times’s Peter Baker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453July 1, 2022 2:42 AM

R453 needs to look in the mirror = Sean Spicer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454July 1, 2022 6:28 AM

R454 - Your counter was a silly parody bit on SNL from four years ago? Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 455July 1, 2022 12:07 PM

Politics is tribal. If it’s your tribe under attack you will defend and preform whataboutism as nauseum. Works on both ends of the spectrum. Case closed.

by Anonymousreply 456July 1, 2022 12:33 PM

Ad nauseum*

by Anonymousreply 457July 1, 2022 12:34 PM

Nauseating ⬆️

by Anonymousreply 458July 1, 2022 7:36 PM

[quote][R454] - Your counter was a silly parody bit on SNL from four years ago? Sheesh.

The was the beginning of the end of free press in the White House Dear. It all started with Trump, so dont come here and say oh Joe is so unfair to the press when we all know who created this game. History matters in this context. At least Biden's spokesperson doesn't scream "fake news, fake news" all the time like your buddy Trump. Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 459July 1, 2022 8:02 PM

R459 doesn't know her history. Obama banned Fox from press conferences until all media (including NYT / CNN) said oh hell no.

by Anonymousreply 460July 1, 2022 9:03 PM

He should have kept Fox News banned

by Anonymousreply 461July 1, 2022 9:15 PM

What questions has Peter Doocy asked that are so dangerous R461

by Anonymousreply 462July 1, 2022 9:24 PM

A new Emerson College poll published Friday found former President Donald 𝑇𝑟𝑢𝑚𝑝 𝑏𝑒𝑎𝑡𝑠 𝐽𝑜𝑒 𝐵𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑛 𝑖𝑛 𝑎 ℎ𝑦𝑝𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑡𝑖𝑐𝑎𝑙 2024 𝑚𝑎𝑡𝑐ℎ𝑢𝑝.

According to the poll, Trump has increased his lead over Biden and is now beating the sitting president 44% to 39%. The poll found that 12% of Americans would “vote for someone else and 5% are undecided.”

“Since last month, Trump has held his share of support while Biden’s support has reduced four points,” the poll’s summary adds.

by Anonymousreply 463July 1, 2022 10:43 PM

Gee...those Jan 6th hearings are really having an effect...

by Anonymousreply 464July 1, 2022 10:58 PM

R463 but didn't some recent poll also show that DeSantis could beat Trump?

by Anonymousreply 465July 2, 2022 12:24 AM

Democrats better pray that DeSantis is not on the 2024 Republican ticket. Not only would he soundly beat any Democrat, but he would have massive cocktails that could be devastating throughout the country

by Anonymousreply 466July 2, 2022 1:14 AM

DeSantis is going to take on Trump. Get the popcorn ready. A shit show like you have never seen.

by Anonymousreply 467July 2, 2022 1:20 AM

Massive cocktails would put the 𝑃𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑦 back in the Republican Party

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468July 2, 2022 1:22 AM

[quote] Obama banned Fox from press conferences

To be fair, they are not a news source, they are entertainment. They dont even try to be fair and balanced. Even back then, can you name one show on that entire channel that starred a Liberal Democrat? Both CNN and MSNBC have had Republicans with their own shows on them. Morning Joe for example.

Oh and dont bother telling me Joe left the party. He was a full fledged Repug when he started the show and remained so for years. He just saw the light later on.

by Anonymousreply 469July 2, 2022 1:24 AM

What CNN or MSNBC show is currently hosted by a conservative Republican?

by Anonymousreply 470July 2, 2022 1:47 AM

^ Sorry should read: for R469

by Anonymousreply 471July 2, 2022 1:48 AM

Morning Joe AKA Joe Scarborough was a Republican Rep for Florida, 4 hour show every night, half of his guest are also Republican. Nicolle Wallace who work for George W. Bush also has her own show. Michael Steele who used to be GOP leader on that show all the time.

by Anonymousreply 472July 2, 2022 2:40 AM

R472 None of them are conservative Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 473July 2, 2022 2:51 AM

Wrong R473, They were ALL CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICANS WHEN THE SHOW STARTED. They evolved over time once they saw what happened to the party after Trump put his stink all over it. In fact Scarborough was still a Republican when Trump got elected. Scarborough still talks about being a conservative almost every day.

by Anonymousreply 474July 2, 2022 2:57 AM

Michael Steele is still a Republican Party member.

by Anonymousreply 475July 2, 2022 2:59 AM

𝐒𝐮𝐛𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐁𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐮𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐮𝐧

𝑆𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑐𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑟𝑒𝑔𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑣𝑜𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑝𝑜𝑙𝑙𝑒𝑑 𝑠𝑎𝑖𝑑 𝑃𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝐽𝑜𝑒 𝐵𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑛 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑟𝑢𝑛 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑎 𝑠𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑚, 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑒 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 29% 𝑠𝑎𝑖𝑑 ℎ𝑒 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑.

The Harvard-Harris poll was conducted among 1,308 registered voters on June 28 and 29.

Among those who said he shouldn’t run, 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑠𝑡 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑚𝑜𝑛 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝑔𝑖𝑣𝑒𝑛 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 “ℎ𝑒’𝑠 𝑎 𝑏𝑎𝑑 𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑛𝑡 (45%), followed by “he’s too old” (30%), and “it’s time for a change” (26%).

Not surprisingly, the poll shows Biden with weak approval ratings on a host of issues, but he fares worst on economic matters. Just 28% either strongly or somewhat approve of his handling of inflation, while 32% approve of his handling of the economy overall.

The poll puts Biden’s general approval rating at 38%. Moreover, an alarming 64% of Americans say their personal financial situation is “getting worse.” That’s the highest number since at least before the Covid-19 pandemic began.

𝐷𝑜𝑛𝑎𝑙𝑑 𝑇𝑟𝑢𝑚𝑝, 61% 𝑜𝑓 𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑝𝑜𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑠 𝑠𝑎𝑖𝑑 ℎ𝑒 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑟𝑢𝑛 𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476July 2, 2022 3:06 AM

He is incompetent and way too old. I was going to sit out the mid-terms but now seeing the republicans turn the country in Gilead, I will vote the mid-terms and maybe sit out the president if he runs again. It is probably more important to have a liberal congress and senate that can stop a republican president. Hopefully, the democrats will run someone decent.

by Anonymousreply 477July 2, 2022 3:25 AM

Oh for fucks sake, he's probably not going to run for a second term. Of course he has to pretend that he is because otherwise people will jump on him as a loser or quitter. He may even run with other Dem challenges to say, well folks I tried and gracefully bow out. That would be the most dignified way to go.

by Anonymousreply 478July 2, 2022 3:44 AM

Even Paris is saying ‘No’ to the President

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479July 2, 2022 12:13 PM

[quote] To be fair, they are not a news source, they are entertainment. They dont even try to be fair and balanced. Even back then, can you name one show on that entire channel that starred a Liberal Democrat? Both CNN and MSNBC have had Republicans with their own shows on them. Morning Joe for example.

Good Lord, I don't even know where to start with this pile of bullshit.

[quote] To be fair, they are not a news source, they are entertainment. They dont even try to be fair and balanced.

I hope you have enough intelligence to see the bitter irony of your statement.

First, all news is entertainment. Why do you think no one watches C-Span? Fox is no more gimmicky than MSNBC, CNN, or the broadcast channels. Just because you don't like their political slant doesn't mean you can just make shit up and pretend it's factual.

[quote] Even back then, can you name one show on that entire channel that starred a Liberal Democrat?

While proclaiming otherwise, it does seem fairly obvious that Chris Wallace was left of center. Howie Kurtz ("Media buzz") is at best neutral. Both shows are/were popular showing the Fox audience does not want constant hard right news 24/7. Back in the day, even Hannity shared his program with Alan Combs (RIP) in what was essentially a new "Crossfire"-type show. Bret Baier's nightly newscast frequently is critical of the Right (and the Left) without being a clown about it and his discussion panel always has 1-2 Democrats who are actual Democrats expressing dissent. That's unlike the Rinos you see on the other channels who sit there and concede every left wing point.

[quote] Both CNN and MSNBC have had Republicans with their own shows on them. Morning Joe for example.

Please name more. You must be joking when you call Joe Scarborough a Republican.

And for a last bit of bad news for you, dear, more Democrats watch Fox News than CNN or MSNBC. See the link below referencing November 2021 Nielsens:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480July 2, 2022 2:13 PM

A lot of Democrats watch Fox News to keep an eye on what the opposition is doing. I think it’s a good way to be looped in to what half the nation thinks. Additionally, Fox News really focuses on the culture war issues, which is much more interesting to most than talking about economics, international news, or January 6.

by Anonymousreply 481July 2, 2022 2:19 PM

R481 - Why would Democrats watch Fox News to spy on the opposing party if they also felt everything they said was a lie or wrong? It would be an exercise in futility to gather bad intel.

Fox News does indeed spend a lot of time on the culture wars. I would think so does MSNBC to be honest. Not my favorite issue and one of the reasons why I only watch Bret Baier, as well as PBS Newshour to balance.

by Anonymousreply 482July 2, 2022 2:23 PM

I'm sure DeSantis will take on Trump. It's a macho thing. But will be defeat Trump and if he does, can he count on the cultmembers to vote for him? I've got my doubts.

by Anonymousreply 483July 2, 2022 2:57 PM

Democrats watch Fox News to know what the other side is saying, planning. Many of us listen to talk radio for the same reason.

by Anonymousreply 484July 2, 2022 3:02 PM

Is Romney in the race at all? Too old? Too too?

by Anonymousreply 485July 2, 2022 3:29 PM

Of course not. The base despises him

by Anonymousreply 486July 2, 2022 3:34 PM

You cannot understand this country without watching Fox News.

by Anonymousreply 487July 2, 2022 4:19 PM

Or listen to talk radio

by Anonymousreply 488July 2, 2022 4:26 PM

[quote] You cannot understand this country without watching Fox News.

Listening to some of these far Left Loons it's clear none of them understand this country. Other than that, I agree it's a good thing to listen to the other side (whichever that is) just to broaden your own world view of complex issues.

by Anonymousreply 489July 2, 2022 6:51 PM

[quote]You must be joking when you call Joe Scarborough a Republican.

"Surely you don't expect me to believe that the three-term Republican congressperson from Atlanta was actually Republican."

by Anonymousreply 490July 2, 2022 7:22 PM

[quote]While proclaiming otherwise, it does seem fairly obvious that Chris Wallace was left of center.

Chris Wallace was a conservative, hardly left of center. He's claimed to vote for both parties. And he was pushed out for wanting to tell the truth instead of pushing Fox News garbage Tucker Carlson and the other host were all willing to do without question.

[quote] Back in the day, even Hannity shared his program with Alan Combs

Also pushed out. And by the way, after all that time Combs never had his own show. He was a token liberal created by Fox. His background was as a stand up comedian.

[quote]more Democrats watch Fox News than CNN or MSNBC.

Of course they do, because unlike Republicans, they are intellectually curious and want to see all sides of a story before making up their minds. Fox News viewers are true sheeple, when Hanaty says don't trust any other news source except us, they suck it up like Jonestown Kool-Aid.

[quote] Fox is no more gimmicky than MSNBC, CNN,

Bullshit. Both sides are not the same. MSNBC know the difference between a news anchor and a commentator. Fox News does not. Rachel Maddow for example does not pretend to be giving you straight news, it's the Rachel Maddow SHOW. Even then, she has a doctorate in in politics and is a Rhodes scholar. Fox news highers, carnaval barkers, comedians and beauty queens and heir to the Swanson family, the frozen dinner kind.

Even Fox News argued in court "no one takes Tucker Carlson seriously"

I am still waiting for your example of a Progressive Democrat on Fox who has their own show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491July 4, 2022 9:35 AM

A study some years back found that Fox News viewers are less informed about current events than people who watched other news shows, or watched news at all.

That ignorance continues today, as 68% of Fox News viewers blame Jan. 6 on "left-wing protesters."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492July 4, 2022 11:03 AM

490 - Scarborough is at best a RINO. He's the Tulsi Gabbard of the Republican party. YOU might think he's right-wing, but that doesn't make it so.

by Anonymousreply 493July 4, 2022 1:06 PM

Republicans no longer ascribe to any particular ideology. It’s all about attitude. It’s hard to describe anyone as a RINO when literally that is all that exists.

by Anonymousreply 494July 4, 2022 1:26 PM

In June 2000, during Scarborough's congressional career, he received a 95 percent lifetime rating from the American Conservative Union.

Scarborough was one of a group of about 40 freshmen Republican legislators who dubbed themselves the "New Federalists" after The Federalist Papers. Scarborough was elected political director of the incoming legislators. The New Federalists called for sweeping cuts in the U.S. government, including plans to "privatize, localize, consolidate, [or] eliminate" the Departments of Commerce, Education, Energy and Housing and Urban Development.

Scarborough supported a number of anti-abortion positions while in Congress, including the Unborn Victims of Violence Act, that made it a crime to harm a fetus during the commission of other crimes.

Scarborough voted to make the Corporation for Public Broadcasting self-sufficient by eliminating federal funding. He also voted for the "Medicare Preservation act of 1995," which cut the projected growth of Medicare by $270 billion over ten years, and against the "Small Business Job Protection Act of 1996,"[24] which raised the minimum wage to $5.15.

Sounds pretty right-wing to me.

by Anonymousreply 495July 4, 2022 1:39 PM

Republicans are a terroristic tribal hate group Of people enraged with modernity, ethnic groups. Sexuality, feminism, the well educated, and the cosmopolitan

by Anonymousreply 496July 4, 2022 1:40 PM

The serious news shows on Fox are mainly biased in terms of which stories they choose to cover (The Crisis At The Border! All the time) and the ultra conservative commentators they have on.

There is no valid comparison between Fox News & MSNBC in the evenings. Tucker Carlson & Sean Hannity are indeed entertainers who have no commitment to telling the truth they deliberately lie and distort the news to rile up right wing extremists. They do not even pretend to present other points of view.

by Anonymousreply 497July 4, 2022 2:38 PM

Also, Fox clips of Democrats and liberals are almost always short clips, providing little context or intentionally editing out context. MSNBC does not attempt to be objective or dispassionate, but they rarely distort their opponents’ positions. They don’t need to.

by Anonymousreply 498July 4, 2022 2:45 PM

[quote] boarder

Oh, DEAR.

by Anonymousreply 499July 4, 2022 7:38 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500July 4, 2022 7:42 PM

[quote] Sounds pretty right-wing to me.

That was 22 years ago, dear. Join us in the present time, won't you?

by Anonymousreply 501July 4, 2022 7:44 PM

R498 You mean like how MSNBC claimed that Trump told his supporters to seriously drink bleach even though anyone who actually watched the speech could tell that he was clearly joking (which he often does)?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502July 4, 2022 7:45 PM

That dumb motherfucker meant EVERY WORD HE SAID when he said we should inject disinfectant. You think people are that gullible r502. Why didn’t he say that right after making that stupid comment? I’ve seen stroke survivors respond quicker.

He meant every word. EVERY. WORD.

by Anonymousreply 503July 4, 2022 7:54 PM

R502 Some of us actually watched his speeches every now and then so we know what he actually said as opposed to how the media twisted his words. All the way back to when he came down the escalator and declared he was going to run for president, the media claimed he'd said "all Mexicans" are criminals even though they'd just showed him repeatedly saying "some" Mexicans are criminals (and admitting that he knew plenty of good Mexicans). MSNBC and CNN and the like think their viewers are stupid. Based on you, they seem to be correct on that.

by Anonymousreply 504July 4, 2022 7:57 PM

[quot]490 - Scarborough is at best a RINO.

He's still a Republican by that definition. Isn't it funny how many Trumpeters consider more moderate Republicans Rinos as if they no longer are part of the same party? Joe Scarborough IS NOT a registered Democrat. Let's start there.

And once again, he started the show on MSNBC as a Registers Republican and was so for many years. Again I ask, where is the Democrat versions of this on Fox? Show me a progressive Democrat on Fox that has had his own show.

That's all the proof you need to see how biased Fox News is. So no, they are all not the same.

by Anonymousreply 505July 4, 2022 9:03 PM

If you think old bitch Andrea Mitchell and Chuck Todd are Democrats, you're demented.

by Anonymousreply 506July 5, 2022 12:33 AM

R505 - Thank you for editing my response to fit your narrative. That really does make your argument seem even more like the bullshit it is.

by Anonymousreply 507July 5, 2022 11:51 AM

OMFG The Biden-Harris ‘flag’ is viewed even more negatively [35%] than the fucking Confederate flag [34%]!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508July 5, 2022 12:25 PM

^ link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509July 5, 2022 12:27 PM

What is The Come and Take it flag? Rape role Play?

by Anonymousreply 510July 5, 2022 5:31 PM

[quote] There is no valid comparison between Fox News & MSNBC in the evenings.

You can quibble over which is worse but neither is a credible and unbiased source for news or even intelligent commentary.

by Anonymousreply 511July 5, 2022 5:35 PM

[quote]There is no valid comparison between Fox News & MSNBC in the evenings.

Well that's true. Fox creams them in the ratings.

by Anonymousreply 512July 5, 2022 5:40 PM

[quote] What is The Come and Take it flag?

The Mexican government tried to disarm the Texas settlers. Much to the disappointment of the Comanches the settlers declined the order.

by Anonymousreply 513July 5, 2022 6:12 PM

The only thing that matters now is inflation. The Biden administration is totally lost on the issue.

by Anonymousreply 514July 5, 2022 8:02 PM

Never underestimate Joe's ability to fuck things up.

by Anonymousreply 515July 5, 2022 8:07 PM

Monmouth Poll from this morning 18-34 YEAR OLDS

Joe Biden 🟢 Approve 28% 🔴 Disapprove 63%

Would you rather see the Democrats or Republicans in control of Congress? 🔵 Democrats 59% 🔴 Republicans 34%

by Anonymousreply 516July 5, 2022 8:18 PM

R516 wow. the Republican brand is super toxic to not be able to capitalize on the historic unpopularity of Joe Biden.

by Anonymousreply 517July 5, 2022 8:19 PM

R505 - Dear Dumbass, I already told you Alan Colmes. Also, MSNBC has evolved over time. It was much more mainstream (and a ratings loser) from 1996-2005. At that point it starting taking a harder turn towards the Left Wing opinion-based news coverage and it's only gotten more partisan with time. If 2000 Joe hadn't also evolved, he wouldn't have a job there.

Fox News always skewed Right because by the mid-90s, most mainstream media had veered Left in their adoration of Clinton. However it too has moved more and more to the Right over the years, particularly after 9/11

by Anonymousreply 518July 5, 2022 10:55 PM

Alan Colmes left FOX 10 years ago and has been DEAD FOR 5 YEARS!.

So they couldn't find another Democrat or progressive in all that time? You know, to "balance" out their overwhelmingly bias Republican propaganda machine?

And by the way, he never had his own TV show, he was a co-host.

by Anonymousreply 519July 6, 2022 3:51 AM

List of CURRENT Republicans who appear on MSNBC

Joe Scarborough - Former Republican Congressman

Nicolle Wallace - Bush White House communications director

Michael Steele - Head of the RNC

Elise Jordan - Presidential Speechwriter for Bush

Rick Wilson - Republican

Willie Geist – Named his son George W.

George Conway

LIST OF REPUBLICANS CNN

Don Lemon - Registered in 1990

Hugh Hewitt - Republican

S. E. Cupp - Log Cabin Republican

Ana Navarro - Republican

Michael Smerconish - Former Republican

LIST OF DEMOCRATS ON FOX NEWS

-----000000, Zero, Zilch, Nada

by Anonymousreply 520July 6, 2022 5:05 AM

Don Lemon and Ana Navarro are Republicans? Bwaaaaahaaaaahaaaa

And now you're just listing (mostly) RINOs who "appear". Well fuck, there's a parade of well0known Democrats who appear on Fox News -- recently Secy of Transport Pete Buttigieg and actor Sean Penn.

I don't understand this obsession you have with having had their OWN show vs co-hosting. Who the fuck cares? The point is that other political views are expressed and respectfully heard. It's obvious you've never watched the channel and just want to regurgitate talking points of silly hate. You're looking unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 521July 6, 2022 11:43 AM

I can't remember what Alan Colmes' politics are cause I never watch these shows and rarely watch clips, but he always just seemed creepy to me.

I know I know. Superficial as hell but hey I trust my instincts

by Anonymousreply 522July 6, 2022 5:21 PM

R287 - That will cost the Democrats the Latino and moderate Democrat voters. And, frankly, I can't say I blame them.

This is more evidence of the reality of America's poliarisation.

The SCOTUS legislate for Red America, and the WH pulls for Blue America.

I see no reasonable way out of this except to bite the bullet and start planning for secession.

by Anonymousreply 523July 6, 2022 5:33 PM

^*polarisation

by Anonymousreply 524July 6, 2022 5:34 PM

Alan Colmes was put on Fox because he was a wimp the Republican hosts could pile on with their abuse. It was so transparent that it was mocked on SNL and similar shows.

by Anonymousreply 525July 6, 2022 5:48 PM

[quote] start planning for secession.

Yay. We finally can go get back great great great great grandma's silverware from those Boston thieves

by Anonymousreply 526July 6, 2022 7:36 PM

The Democratic candidates for Ohio senator and governor were nowhere to be found Wednesday as President Biden visited Cleveland — an indicator of the commander in chief’s political toxicity as the longtime battleground state moves firmly into the Republican column.

While Ohio’s Democratic US senator, Sherrod Brown, attended the event along with a handful of other prominent Buckeye State elected officials, Rep. Tim Ryan and gubernatorial candidate Nan Whaley were conspicuously absent.

by Anonymousreply 527July 7, 2022 3:05 AM

[quote]And now you're just listing (mostly) RINOs who "appear"

Let the gaslighting begin! Guess what, "RINOs" are still REPUBLICANS. This little game is the newest taking point or Trumpeters. Hate to burst your bubble, but no one is buying it. Rinos are Republicans as much as The Squad are Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 528July 7, 2022 8:57 AM

[quote] there's a parade of well0known Democrats who appear on Fox News -- recently Secy of Transport Pete Buttigieg and actor Sean Penn.

An occasional appearance ones every 6 months is not the same as paid daily commentators EMPLOYED by MSNBC as Republicans. And Sean Penn is an Actor you dip shit. That would be like saying CNN is unbiased because they had Delta Burk or Scott Baio appearance.

by Anonymousreply 529July 7, 2022 9:03 AM

[quote]Alan Colmes was put on Fox because he was a wimp the Republican hosts could pile on with their abuse. It was so transparent that it was mocked on SNL and similar shows.

Exactly, I noticed that too. Funny how the Fox Trolls think that's even close to being equal the overwhelming generous platform Republicans were given to speak their minds to be on both CNN and MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 530July 7, 2022 9:07 AM

[quote]I don't understand this obsession you have with having had their OWN show vs co-hosting. Who the fuck cares?

It has to do with quantity and quality. If a "liberal media" network still willing to have half a dozen conservative their own shows, it demonstrate they are not living in a bubble and open to opposing views. Conversely, if a "conservative media" network only puts one token liberal voice on the air who's handicapped as a co-host, with 100 other conservative shows, it's quite obvious it's really just lip service to hearing a different view. It's not rocket science.

And hello, it's been 10 years since they even did that. Not to mention Allen Colems was the least qualified Democrat they could intentionally find.

by Anonymousreply 531July 7, 2022 9:20 AM

People who "don't get" why Biden is unpopular and blame it on moronic Americans live in a bubble and cannot be reached or reasoned with.

by Anonymousreply 532July 7, 2022 9:24 AM

Biden's unpopular because close to 50% of the country is so out of touch with reality they still think the election was stolen and the Easter bunny is real. That leaves only one party who is rational. So unlike Repugs, Democrats actually have a diversity of opinion they are not afraid to talk about. So 100% of Republicans + 10% of Dems = unpopular.

by Anonymousreply 533July 7, 2022 9:30 AM

R530 is answering his own posts again...

by Anonymousreply 534July 7, 2022 12:08 PM

[quote]Biden's unpopular because close to 50% of the country is so out of touch with reality

Biden's unpopular because of inflation, gas prices, rising crime.

I think the one "so out of touch with reality" is you.

by Anonymousreply 535July 7, 2022 2:15 PM

If Democrats and progressives would stick my Biden, his approval rating would be much higher.

by Anonymousreply 536July 7, 2022 2:51 PM

Kentucky Democratic Gov. Andy Beshear's office released an email that confirmed President Biden planned to nominate an anti-abortion judge to the bench - the same day Roe was overturned.

The Courier Journal reported Wednesday that Beshear's office handed over a June 23 email that stated: 'To be nominated tomorrow: ... Stephen Chad Meredith: candidate for the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky.'

But on June 24, the Supreme Court announced it was overturning Roe, and Meredith's nomination was never announced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537July 8, 2022 3:58 AM

OH, lest all worry about some stupid email about something that never happened and totally ignore the THREE judges that were put there by Trump with the direction of the Republican party. Yeah, lets all worry about what Biden didnt do and pretend that the real problem of actual judges being put in the Supreme are no big deal.

by Anonymousreply 538July 8, 2022 9:42 AM

[quote] OH, lest all worry

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 539July 8, 2022 10:27 AM

[quote] If Democrats and progressives would stick my Biden, his approval rating would be much higher.

Stick him with what? Voodoo needles?

by Anonymousreply 540July 8, 2022 11:15 AM

At least they gonna stick his Biden. They better not stick my Biden.

by Anonymousreply 541July 8, 2022 2:27 PM

Leave my Biden alone!

by Anonymousreply 542July 8, 2022 2:39 PM

OK, looks like Beshear is following Newsom by throwing his hat in the ring. Biden's under notice.

by Anonymousreply 543July 8, 2022 4:43 PM

Beshear has more of a chance than Newsom.

by Anonymousreply 544July 8, 2022 10:24 PM

[quote] OK, looks like Beshear is following Newsom by throwing his hat in the ring.

Link?

by Anonymousreply 545July 8, 2022 10:35 PM

Biden is the most bumbling, inarticulate President in recent history. My god, his speech from today is just embarrassing.

At this point, him remaining President is elder abuse because he is so clearly, visibly senile and struggles with the most basic of tasks, like reading a teleprompter.

He literally reads out “repeat the line” and “end quote”, ala Ron Burgandy today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546July 8, 2022 11:08 PM

Biden apologists are just as bad as Trump apologists. It does Biden and the Democrats no good pretending these 'senior moments' aren't happening. People see this shit every day and it's affecting persception about his effectiveness and strengh to lead. It's absurd to act like this isn't a major issue. IT IS.

by Anonymousreply 547July 8, 2022 11:22 PM

*perception

by Anonymousreply 548July 8, 2022 11:24 PM

The Biden apologists are declining by the day, R547. Prominent Dems are now disparaging Biden publicly to the media and making statements critical of his haphazardly-run White House and openly questioning his competence.

Biden’s king time communications director just resigned as well. It seems like many in his administration are distancing themselves from him ahead of midterms, which will be a blood bath for Dems.

by Anonymousreply 549July 8, 2022 11:27 PM

Remember when the media had no problem reporting stories like the one linked here.

Why do they keep silent about Biden?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550July 8, 2022 11:32 PM

Salon SEPTEMBER 4, 2019

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551July 8, 2022 11:33 PM

R547 It reminds me of when Hillary was falling down stairs every day and her stupid supporters were claiming it was no big deal and, hey, they fall down stairs every day too. Really, cunts?

by Anonymousreply 552July 8, 2022 11:35 PM

That’s because Fox ran the fall in an endless loop, all day every day. Just as with Hunter Biden, if they don’t get their fix and can’t overdose hourly on nasty, they accuse “mainstream media” of a cover up.

by Anonymousreply 553July 8, 2022 11:41 PM

[quote]That’s because Fox ran the fall in an endless loop, all day every day.

As did CNN and MSNBC over Trump's walk down a slippery ramp.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554July 8, 2022 11:46 PM

My favorite White House moment was The Easter Bunny courageously throwing her body between Joe and the public to prevent hm from saying something else stupid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555July 9, 2022 2:55 AM

Hear hear r550

Here’s another ‘gaffe’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556July 9, 2022 3:28 AM

‘Repeat the line’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557July 9, 2022 3:31 AM

From SALON

Today, the president of the United States is a role played by a septuagenarian in a reality show.

Trump called us the "enemy of the people" and "fake news." He personally insulted reporters. But he also mixed it up with questions, pro or con. Biden simply avoids the press. He's the most managed president in history.

If Biden is actually incapable of occasionally taking unscripted questions from a wide variety of journalists, then the Democrats should be looking hard for someone who can.

If the Democrats are going to proceed without Biden, it has to be at his initiative, or at least appear to be so. (Wink, wink.)

On the other hand, if Biden is capable of taking unscripted questions and his staff won't let him, then he needs to look for different staff. Either way, the longer Biden remains disconnected from the public, the more room he gives the Republicans to maneuver

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558July 9, 2022 4:33 AM

Biden is an idiot, but "end quote" was because he had quoted something and was indicating that the quote ended and "repeat the line" was because he wanted to indicate that he was repeating it. As teleprompter cues "end quote" and "repeat the line" wouldn't make sense.

I love how he's suddenly remembered what women are.

by Anonymousreply 559July 9, 2022 5:54 AM

Don't believe the polls. THey are lying.

by Anonymousreply 560July 9, 2022 9:12 AM

[quote] Don't believe the polls. THey are lying.

I agree. There 𝑐𝑎𝑛'𝑡 still be 36% who approve of Joe.

by Anonymousreply 561July 9, 2022 9:33 AM

[quote] At this point, him remaining President is elder abuse because he is so clearly, visibly senile and struggles with the most basic of tasks, like reading a teleprompter.

While I agree, there's no way in hell he'll get removed before the end of his term. At least I pray he isn't. Because then we'll get stuck with that vapid, virtue-signaler Harris as President and NOBODY likes her. Not even the Dems.

by Anonymousreply 562July 9, 2022 12:15 PM

[quote]Biden is the most bumbling, inarticulate President in recent history. My god, his speech from today is just embarrassing.

You’re not fooling me, I’ll tell you that.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice and, uh, um, and…you can’t get fooled again.

by Anonymousreply 563July 9, 2022 12:26 PM

[quote]Biden’s king time communications director just resigned as well.

What is this?

(And if it’s an autocorrect error, I apologize. I’m not being snarky, I just can’t figure it out.)

by Anonymousreply 564July 9, 2022 12:30 PM

R562 Republicans have already said they're going to impeach Biden when they win in the mid-terms in November.

by Anonymousreply 565July 9, 2022 1:13 PM

R564 - I'm assuming it's 'long time' communicatiions director resigned.

by Anonymousreply 566July 9, 2022 1:15 PM

Oh, thanks, r566. I can see that now.

by Anonymousreply 567July 9, 2022 1:21 PM

I hope this troll is getting paid good money to post all this shit cause her ass is certainly persistent.

by Anonymousreply 568July 9, 2022 1:27 PM

The question I want to know that no one seems to be asking, is why the hell did Dr. Jill let Biden run? She knew damn well he was showing signs of cognitive decline, and yet, allowed him to run anyway.

Biden’s senility was not anywhere near this apparent during his time as VP, nor was it this apparent in 2016. Jill saw Biden’s decline up close and yet still encouraged him to run for President. I think that’s reprehensible.

Perhaps Hunter is right, and Dr. Jill really is a “selfish, silly entitled cunt”.

by Anonymousreply 569July 9, 2022 3:23 PM

R569: agreed

by Anonymousreply 570July 9, 2022 3:52 PM

Handsome old man. Too bad about the slipping mind though

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571July 9, 2022 3:56 PM

Handsome? He looks like a zombie from The Walking Dead and his eyes look like Katherine Ross's at the end of The Stepford Wives.

by Anonymousreply 572July 9, 2022 4:18 PM

What I want to know is why the DNC forced Biden on us? They knew he was too damn old, they also knew the whole Biden family were grifters and Hunter Biden's shit could explode at any minute.

Something the general public may not know is that it was a woman named Jen O'Malley who ran Beto O'Rourke's totally inept campaign for President. She ran him into the ground, refusing to counter all the baseless attacks on him in the media (which came not just from BernieBros but from DNC stalwarts on MSNBC as well). You'd think the woman would never work again after that, right? Nah, she immediately segued into being Joe Biden's campaign manager. Why hire somebody so incompetent? Obviously because she was charged by the DNC to destroy Beto's campaign to aid Biden. Beto was a clear threat to Biden because of Texas' delegate count. Two candidates really scared the DNC: Beto and Kamala because their states' delegate counts could block Biden. So they had to be taken out. Kamala's sister running her campaign into the ground solved the Cali issue.

by Anonymousreply 573July 9, 2022 4:28 PM

As of Sat morning, 09 Jul 22, here are President Biden's most recent average Real Clear Politics' poll numbers:

RCP current average [bold]approval:...........38.0%[/bold] RCP current average [bold]disapproval:.....57.3%[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574July 9, 2022 4:43 PM

Anybody using the term "Biden apologists" on this thread is a troll. Plain and simple.

by Anonymousreply 575July 9, 2022 4:49 PM

R568 - Are you getting paid to make 500 posts a day in opposition? It's hard to imagine anyone actually giving you money for the pablum you post.

by Anonymousreply 576July 9, 2022 4:55 PM

[quote] Anybody using the term "Biden apologists" on this thread is a troll. Plain and simple.

Anybody posting this nonsense above is an abject idiot. Plain and simple.

by Anonymousreply 577July 9, 2022 6:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!