Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Brene Brown’s Schlick

Is the DL into her brand of psychobabble? I’ve never been impressed by anything I’ve read or heard her say. Not to say I disagree with her but I’m usually not impressed with her nuggets of wisdom. The whole thing with her TED talks about being a vulnerability junkie wore thin. Oh well…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 23, 2022 1:41 AM

Schtick

by Anonymousreply 1June 22, 2022 4:06 PM

As a misanthrope I can't be bothered.

by Anonymousreply 2June 22, 2022 4:21 PM

No, I don't like her. But, I realize that there's really only so much that can be said, and it's often not always the content of the message or advice, but the messenger. If you trust and like the messenger and how they deliver whatever they're saying, it may be valuable to you, as where the same thing said by someone else doesn't mean anything. Brene Brown is not the messenger for me.

I'm always surprised, though probably shouldn't be, the money these sorts of people make.

by Anonymousreply 3June 22, 2022 4:49 PM

She sucks

by Anonymousreply 4June 22, 2022 4:51 PM

I heard her on Marc Maron's podcast years ago and that was my introduction to her. Shame really is the central theme for her isn't it. That's what she was talking about back then.

by Anonymousreply 5June 22, 2022 4:59 PM

I can't get past her name. All I can think of is beignets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 22, 2022 5:23 PM

I got sucked into her stuff a while back and in a way it did help me out of a rut. She basically copies Maya Angelou so if you want it from the horse’s mouth so to speak just read or listen to Maya. Or Not.

by Anonymousreply 7June 22, 2022 5:30 PM

She seems genuine to me and makes a major point of not being a usual toxic positivity person. She knows one needs more than just someone saying "calm down" or "think of all the people who have it worse" to get us back on track.

I expected to find her cloying and cheesy, but she speaks a lot of truth and I ended up liking her a lot.

by Anonymousreply 8June 23, 2022 1:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!