Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fred and Ethel looked stupid together on I Love Lucy

I apologize if this has been discussed before. But Jesus Christ, William Frawley looked like an old fart next to Vivian Vance. She was younger and beautiful, and he was in his 60s and plump with his FUPA. Who the fuck made that casting decision?

by Anonymousreply 16June 23, 2022 2:43 AM

He was a stupid choice as Ricky's BFF as well.

by Anonymousreply 1June 22, 2022 3:11 AM

You’re both showing your ignorance about Bill Frawley’s credentials for the role of Fred. The Emmy award for Vivian being plumped and aged as Ethel speaks for itself; and began an association with Ball that viewers obviously adored.

by Anonymousreply 2June 22, 2022 3:26 AM

What’s FUPA?

by Anonymousreply 3June 22, 2022 3:28 AM

Fred and Ethel were supposed to look stupid together , as that is called “comedy” — Lucy and Ricky got to be the passionate lovebirds, so their friends had to be the opposite, all to make a Lucy look less nuts

by Anonymousreply 4June 22, 2022 3:42 AM

Fat upper pussy area, R3.

by Anonymousreply 5June 22, 2022 3:51 AM

Pelvic, not pussy.

by Anonymousreply 6June 22, 2022 3:56 AM

DILF William made perfect casting sense!

by Anonymousreply 7June 22, 2022 4:00 AM

I never really thought of Fred Mertz having a FUPA ,but you’re not wrong , OP.

by Anonymousreply 8June 22, 2022 4:01 AM

I mean it is no worse than the mother of the fat kid on Leave It To Beaver, she was presumably supposed to be a contemporary of Barbara Billingsly's character, since they were both mothers of boys the same age, but the woman looked like BB's mother or grandmother.

With Ethel and Fred I just figured Ethel was one of those women who shave a few years off of their age, but she ran away young with Fred when he came through town and was kinda stuck. She figured he'd be a star but it never happened.

by Anonymousreply 9June 22, 2022 4:04 AM

I always figured Fred was secretly loaded.

by Anonymousreply 10June 22, 2022 4:18 AM

R10- I always figured Fred was a connoisseur of COCK.

by Anonymousreply 11June 22, 2022 4:42 AM

The lovebirds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 22, 2022 4:54 AM

Fred was a fashion MAVEN in 1952 the way he wore his pants OVER HIS HEAD

by Anonymousreply 13June 22, 2022 5:01 AM

I just watched him in a 1939 movie, and he had the same trouser issue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 22, 2022 6:36 AM

William Frawley was OBESE for much of his life yet he still lived longer than all the others from I Love ❤️ Lucy- 79 years old.

by Anonymousreply 15June 22, 2022 12:41 PM

Kramer's got nothing on Fred.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 23, 2022 2:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!