Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

2022’s Best- & Worst-Run Cities in America - The results will SHOCK YOU!!

Well, probably not unless you're one of those who are always proclaiming how you metro area is NOT a shit hole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 22, 2022 11:20 PM

The one that shocks me is, what the hell is going on in Chattanooga, TN? I mean I knew Memphis would be one of the worst but they are like eleven ahead of Chattanooga, who is just slightly better run than NYC, according to this list.

by Anonymousreply 1June 22, 2022 2:38 AM

Do you think it is as difficult to run Nampa ID as it is to run NYC?

by Anonymousreply 2June 22, 2022 2:49 AM

Portland is definitely too high on that list. The city slogan is "The City That Works." Yes, dysfunctionally and with an antiquated system of government that almost guarantees nothing is ever accomplished.

by Anonymousreply 3June 22, 2022 2:58 AM

What a weird color scheme. Purple for best and aqua for worst.

by Anonymousreply 4June 22, 2022 3:29 AM

Huntington Beach CA #1. Right. Clearly Wallet Hub (??) has great expertise in gathering this info. Right.

by Anonymousreply 5June 22, 2022 3:34 AM

Washington DC is dead last. No surprise there. If the city blew up no one would miss it.

by Anonymousreply 6June 22, 2022 3:36 AM

Are you in Portland, R3? I am and I agree with you.

by Anonymousreply 7June 22, 2022 3:58 AM

Before you think about moving to Ohio look at that list. Columbus is a hellhole and the crime is out of control. The entire state is a GOP run septic tank. The Trumper Governor never met a weapon he didn't love. He just legalized brass knuckles---no joke. They are cracking down on gays too with their own "Don't Say Gay" bill. You cannot go to a store without seeing multiple panhandlers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 22, 2022 4:23 AM

What a pile of bullshit. Followed one breadcrumb from their "methodology" section and quickly identified these are right-wing lies wallethub is trying to give the veneer of truthiness.

by Anonymousreply 9June 22, 2022 4:42 AM

I am R7. I still have a great fondness for it, but it's sad what the DA, mayor and city council have allowed it to turn into.

by Anonymousreply 10June 22, 2022 11:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!