Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

When did we decide that the word “progressive” is synonymous with “insane?”

It used to be that progressives would champion causes like women’s suffrage, civil rights, ending discrimination against racial minorities and gays, and enacting laws to protect women and children against abuse. But today, it seems like the only things progressives care about are these psychotic, whacked out initiatives like designer pronouns, allowing transvestites into women’s restrooms, and transitioning little boys into little girls.

What happened?

So if you’re a man who wants to be a woman, you can take hormones, get breast implants, and have an operation to mangle your penis, and then you get to forcibly shame everyone else into pretending that you’re a woman?

If you’re a dumb teenager who wants to feel special, you can adopt some stupid pronouns and then forcibly shame everyone else into pretending your invented gender is real?

How is this progress?

by Anonymousreply 26June 23, 2022 4:15 PM

And Sieg Heil to you too, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 22, 2022 12:35 AM

You start a lot of stupid threads everyday, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2June 22, 2022 12:37 AM

R1 It’s interesting how any gay man who pushes back against the trans/nonbinaries taking over his community is automatically labeled a “white supremacist,” even when said gay man is not even white. It is automatically assumed that any gay man who is black, Latino, Asian, Indian, Arab, etc, is automatically on board with being second class to the trans and nonbinary in his own community.

It’s a curiosity to me, because every black and Asian gay man I know who is over 40 thinks that A, nonbinary pronouns are ridiculous, B, calling children “transgender” and giving them hormones is sick, and C, gay rights are way more important than transgender rights.

So in conclusion, I don’t know where the hell all these “gay men of color” are who think that every gay man who is against the transgender agenda is a white supremacist, but they sure as hell aren’t in California where I am.

by Anonymousreply 3June 22, 2022 1:44 AM

Lazy people use ambiguous labels.

We need to do better and stop using ambiguous weasel-words.

by Anonymousreply 4June 22, 2022 4:05 AM

If you can't define sex, you can't advocate for gay rights. If you can't define what a woman is, you can't be a feminist.

I remember when people on the left used to define themselves as "the reality based community". Can't claim that anymore.

by Anonymousreply 5June 22, 2022 4:10 AM

We let the trannys hijack not only LGB but also the democratic party. Though I am no longer a Dem, they are highly influential. Who wants to rise up and create a new party with me.

by Anonymousreply 6June 22, 2022 4:17 AM

[quote]So if you’re a man who wants to be a woman, you can take hormones, get breast implants, and have an operation to mangle your penis, and then you get to forcibly shame everyone else into pretending that you’re a woman?

No hun, they don't do all of that stuff. They just grow their hair out and dye it purple, put on some nerd girl glasses, red lipstick and an unflattering dress. Voila--- trans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 22, 2022 4:34 AM

Putin's propaganda machine is telling us that his honourable reclamation of Ukraine is PROGRESSING!

Joe Biden's geriatrician is refusing to release details of whether the president's dementia is PROGRESSING. While on the other hand, Jazz Jenning's gynecologist is happy to tell us that the imitation-vagina is PROGRESSING very well.

The word "progressive”is an inexplicit one.

by Anonymousreply 8June 22, 2022 6:04 AM

OP asked about the word "progressive," not "progressing," you disingenuous putz.

by Anonymousreply 9June 22, 2022 6:33 AM

Putin's propaganda outlets are bombarding us about his honourable progressive reclamation of Ukraine.

Joe Biden's geriatrician is refusing to release the progressive details on a suspected presidential dementia. While on the other hand, Jazz Jenning's gynecologist is happy to tell us his progressive imitation-vagina.

by Anonymousreply 10June 22, 2022 7:31 AM

I've been a feminist since I was a teen. Nothing can change that. I am sure that a person cannot be remotely female if HE HAS A DICK. Dick -owners are never female.

Here I am, still a feminist. No one can say I'm not because I put women first. Real women. Actual, literal females. I'm not sorry. I'm a Democrat, a Feminist, a bisexual female, and I hold that crossdressers are still the same sex they were born as. That is what I am sure of. Even transexuals, as opposed to transvestites, are not and can never be the sex opposite to their birth designation. Bad parenting leads to trans people. It's very sad. But you still cannot be what you are not, no matter how many surgeries and hormones you turn to. These things do not make a woman a woman. The same is true of men. A woman cannot transform her body into the body of a true man. She cannot be a male. Gender roles are fine and good, changeable and arbitrary, but sexuality? No. J. K. Rowling is right.

You can silence me on DataLounge, but you can't silence me everywhere. More than a few women agree with me. Of this I am certain.

by Anonymousreply 11June 22, 2022 8:05 AM

"Progressive" is just a word, for God's sake. Get over it. Do you even have thin skin, OP? Any skin at all? The word is popular to some and hated by others. Deal with it. No one can offend you without your personal permission. If you don't understand that already, I can't reach you.

by Anonymousreply 12June 22, 2022 8:08 AM

R1 that's the most ridiculous thing I've seen posted here in a while. Congratulations. 🥳

by Anonymousreply 13June 22, 2022 8:38 AM

"It used to be that progressives would champion causes like women’s suffrage, civil rights, ending discrimination against racial minorities and gays, and enacting laws to protect women and children against abuse"

Seems you forgot your EVIDENCE that progressives have abandoned the causes above, OP. Now WHY would a person deliberately ignore the mountains of evidence that progressives (AND MOST DEMOCRATS) are still heavily invested in all of those causes? Oh, because that person would be a troll - a troll who sucked up about 12 suckers into his warped view of reality.

by Anonymousreply 14June 22, 2022 8:43 AM

R14 that doesn't matter. If a person or group that normally does good suddenly starts doing crazy shit in addition to the good, there's going to be problems.

by Anonymousreply 15June 22, 2022 8:48 AM

“progressive” is synonymous with “insane.

Exhibit 1. LA DA George Gascon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 22, 2022 10:50 PM

“progressive” is synonymous with “insane.

Exhibit 2. Chesa Boudin

by Anonymousreply 17June 22, 2022 11:03 PM

I totally agree with r3. In my experience (I know it's different depending on locations), almost all the unhinged and aggressive TRA gays (& lesbians & such self-proclaimed feminists - both male and female) are overwhelmingly white. And I see that sane gays who push back tend to include more non-whites & diverse social classes - more than those who shriek 'diversity and inclusion'.

I often see this comical sight of groups of almost all white *queers* threatening violence and screaming "white supremacists, white feminists, white rightwing fascist cis hets pretending to be gays" towards black or other non-white, non-western people, gays, lesbians, women, etc. A lot.

by Anonymousreply 18June 23, 2022 3:25 AM

Ironically, The billionaire AGPs who are funding all this are republican. Pritzker is a republican and Rothblatt is an insane narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 19June 23, 2022 3:37 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 23, 2022 3:42 AM

Those were never progressives, OP. Those were liberals, now called "old school liberals", that fought for all those causes.

by Anonymousreply 21June 23, 2022 4:53 AM

[quote] Those were never progressives

What is a "progressive", R21?

by Anonymousreply 22June 23, 2022 7:26 AM

[quote] causes like women’s suffrage, civil rights, ending discrimination against racial minorities and gays,

Funny you chose these examples OP because in the early days of the fights for rights for these groups, people called the subjects insane and all other sorts of things, and those that advocated for them to be out of their minds and damaging society etc. I wonder will historical precedence play its course in the instance of trans people (hint yes it will) and will people like you who are against rights for trans people be looked back on as ignorant losers best forgotten (hint yes you will).

by Anonymousreply 23June 23, 2022 7:41 AM

^Quite the opposite. Trans will be looked upon the way we now see lobotomies. This time in history will be viewed as temporary insanity.

by Anonymousreply 24June 23, 2022 9:31 AM

R24 claims to prophecy the future.

by Anonymousreply 25June 23, 2022 10:03 AM

^ so they said about all of those groups I mentioned before. You’re on the wrong side of history. It’ll be funny for all of you as it becomes more and more evident. Btw I think the swimming ruling the other day will actually help the general trans cause. The elite sports situation didn’t really apply to trans people in general, so it wasn’t helping many of them in a democratic sense. General public will get the idea that its being approached in a more practical manner and trans people will be more and more integrated and accepted over time. Remember, no political group arrives perfect and fully formed, it always takes time to settle. Of course the nutjob conservatives (you?) and weird outliers (also you?) will blame trans people for everything that’s going wrong in their lives but that’s just projection because they want to feel oppressed in some way.

by Anonymousreply 26June 23, 2022 4:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!