Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends

A house frozen in time circa 1955! It's ugly but it makes me sad that someone is going to tear down that wallpaper!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116June 26, 2022 1:43 AM

It looks sweetly depressing to me.

by Anonymousreply 1June 21, 2022 7:45 AM

Its got masses of potential - and I actually quite like the wallpaper and much of the interior. Some of the wallpaper has to go due to damage though, and the wood panelling in a couple of rooms would have to go too. I actually dont mind the kitchen, sure its dated but looks reasonably functional. I suspect money is going to need to be spent on the roof and maybe some of the windows.

But that brick porch is an abomination - that's be the first thing to go, and put the porch back to how it was originally built in 1900. A double garage down the book would be a useful addition also, there's certainly space for it. And the landscaping- there needs to be some. Interestingly the house hasnt actually been messed with all that badly apart from that hideous front porch.

by Anonymousreply 2June 21, 2022 9:11 AM

It’s so grim and depressing looking from the outside. No landscaping, chipping paint, etc. Surprisingly, the inside is actually functional, charming, and cozy looking-like a generic, universally familiar grandma’s house. I like it.

by Anonymousreply 3June 21, 2022 10:31 AM

Yeah the inside is pretty charming. Love the wallpaper, basket wall and vintage furniture

by Anonymousreply 4June 21, 2022 11:06 AM

My grandmother in Springfield, Missouri had this exact wallpaper. No water damage on the walls, though you couldn't say the same for the ceiling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 21, 2022 11:11 AM

It probably belonged to a widow who did her best to keep up the inside but had to let the rest go.

by Anonymousreply 6June 21, 2022 4:18 PM

What kind of perpetual stank is going on in that green bathroom that they need the portable fan for?

by Anonymousreply 7June 21, 2022 4:29 PM

Meth shack

by Anonymousreply 8June 21, 2022 4:37 PM

Yes, meth heads are known for their woven basket displays.🙄

by Anonymousreply 9June 21, 2022 4:39 PM

And lace doilies.

by Anonymousreply 10June 21, 2022 4:53 PM

Is there an unfinished cellar where you could dig a pit? I need a house with a cellar where I can dig a pit.

No reason.

by Anonymousreply 11June 21, 2022 4:58 PM

The lack of landscaping (trees) is weird. I have a neighbor whose house is set back on the property (huge front yard, no landscaping, no privacy). They finally put up a fence.

Despite everything, it does look like someone tried to keep up with things. At least it's not absolutely cluttered with inoperable cars in the yard.

Instead of removing the red brick (porch), maybe just paint it white and make the porch part of the interior of the house.

by Anonymousreply 12June 21, 2022 5:09 PM

An absolute shit hole. Figures it’s in Missouri.

by Anonymousreply 13June 21, 2022 5:17 PM

Not much curb appeal. But perhaps this is normal for this location?

by Anonymousreply 14June 21, 2022 5:18 PM

i kind of like it...

by Anonymousreply 15June 21, 2022 5:25 PM

The inside almost looks 1940s to me, not '50s.

by Anonymousreply 16June 21, 2022 5:25 PM

'50s was a guess but it could be late '40s.

by Anonymousreply 17June 21, 2022 5:28 PM

Wrought iron trivet collection is fab. It's sweet as pie inside. The grandmother who styled this is long dead. I wonder who preserved it to 2022? The entire thing could be bought by a historical society and carefully restored. We have too many historic homes of the rich and not enough of these charmers. Can you imagine a kid brought up in a McMansion having a tour of this?

by Anonymousreply 18June 21, 2022 5:32 PM

Unfortunately, he’d probably scoff at it.

by Anonymousreply 19June 21, 2022 5:34 PM

The kitchen is adorable.

by Anonymousreply 20June 21, 2022 5:36 PM

Cosmetically, it's an easy update. But the neighborhood looks like a broken down, depressed area.

by Anonymousreply 21June 21, 2022 5:44 PM

there seems to be rot here and there in the roof, thats for sure.

by Anonymousreply 22June 21, 2022 5:44 PM

Is it on a flood plain or something?

by Anonymousreply 23June 21, 2022 5:51 PM

The inside looks reasonably kept up and cozy, so why didn't they give the exterior a paint job before taking pictures? A charming house, but before you open the front door it looks like it's been abandoned for decades.

by Anonymousreply 24June 21, 2022 5:55 PM

[quote]The inside looks reasonably kept up and cozy, so why didn't they give the exterior a paint job before taking pictures?

They're only asking $89,900 for it. Don't think the current owner is going to pay $10,000 for an outside paint job at that price.

That said, if that brick porch was the same color as the rest of the house, it might be a bit more tolerable.

by Anonymousreply 25June 21, 2022 6:01 PM

[quote]Cosmetically, it's an easy update. But the neighborhood looks like a broken down, depressed area.

Sigh; my hometown in Ohio is full of homes like these; not fancy, but neat as a pin homes that haven't really been updated because the old owners died off and the neighborhood (and probably the schools) have gone to seed so young families won't move in.

by Anonymousreply 26June 21, 2022 6:08 PM

I live in an area where everything has been torn down and replaced with fake farmhouse four square McMansions, so this is fabulous to me. It should be preserved as a museum of the Midwest. It reminds me of the Tenement museum in NYC, how preserved it is. Man that flat Midwest landscape is ugly though! I wonder why no one ever planted big trees around the property, maybe tornados ripped them up? This house could be used as a movie set instead of building a fake one in Hollywood. It’s one of my favorite tasteful friends of late, especially the kitchen. It’s got a very sweet soul.

by Anonymousreply 27June 21, 2022 6:29 PM

I sho like $71 per square foot.

by Anonymousreply 28June 21, 2022 6:48 PM

That has been a very well-loved home. Ideally someone would buy it to restore the exterior, but I suspect it will be torn down to be replaced by a characterless modern box.

by Anonymousreply 29June 21, 2022 6:49 PM

Sure the outside is a mess. Yes it's located in Shittsville, Missouri, but the inside has such a sweet, and welcoming feel to it. You can sense it even through all the deferred maintenance, and water damage. It makes me miss my Gran. I'll bet many wonderful meals where cooked in that kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 30June 21, 2022 6:58 PM

I love it too. Glad I’m not the only one. Rip up the carpeting, refinish the wood floors underneath it, some paint and it’s gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 31June 21, 2022 7:01 PM

It’s got potential, except it’s in gawd-awful Missouri !

by Anonymousreply 32June 21, 2022 7:03 PM

Guys! I found the old owner! She is just what you would expect. She died at 104 in 2009. Her husband who was on the tax records died in 1969! No wonder it's gone to rot, It's been vacant for a long while.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 21, 2022 7:10 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 21, 2022 7:19 PM

Can anyone read the brand name on the stove?

by Anonymousreply 35June 21, 2022 7:21 PM

Magic Chef?

by Anonymousreply 36June 21, 2022 7:25 PM

Could be the set of a gay remake of "In Cold Blood."

by Anonymousreply 37June 21, 2022 7:27 PM

The names in R33's obituary belong on a DL thread of "old lady names you never see anymore": Mayme, Arminta ...

by Anonymousreply 38June 21, 2022 7:30 PM

Give some credit to the photographer. Far better pics than what a realtor usually produces in a quick run through of a modestly-priced home.

by Anonymousreply 39June 21, 2022 7:42 PM

It's a solid house, but Lebanon isn't much of a town unless you like fly fishing and getting floats at the A&W on Saturday night.

Also, this town's name is pronounced "LEB-nun," and not "LEB-uh-NAHN." It's the site of a major Route 66 museum, and also the birthplace of former senator Claire McCaskill! It's worth missing!

by Anonymousreply 40June 21, 2022 7:57 PM

Interesting about the pronunciation. I admit I pronounced it incorrectly.

by Anonymousreply 41June 21, 2022 8:07 PM

R50. But right down the street you have 4 churches plus the desert menu of The Rail Restaurant and Tavern :

The Caboose    /    $8 Deep fried dessert pizza with your choice of Oreo, apple pie or cinnamon topping.

Fried Pie    /    $7 Peach

And don't forget, also in walking distance is The Cackle Factory for all your Fowl needs. Three chick minimum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 21, 2022 8:07 PM

I agree with the other posters who find this house charming, and one of the most appealing in the "Tasteful Friends" series. It would be a money pit to fix up but carefully restored to late-1940s charm it could be spectacular.

The 1940. Green "Country Squire" wallpaper is perfection.

by Anonymousreply 43June 21, 2022 8:11 PM

They’re not into tear downs there. I like it, the built-ins. I want that bookcase in LR. Obviously it hasn’t been vacant. Reminds me of town in “Picnic”. I would not be giving the dishwasher a place of honor in kitchen. I’m sure there were trees before. Maybe residents couldn’t keep up with them, or trees dying, Dutch elm disease, or yes tornado. Pavers to nowhere in back. Wonder what was there. I wish the little block building with windows came with it.

by Anonymousreply 44June 21, 2022 8:16 PM

We could buy it as a time share? There's room in the yard for camping as well. We could play parlor games in the house and use the facilities.

by Anonymousreply 45June 21, 2022 8:24 PM

The built-ins are pretty extensive for this modest house. The kitchen cabinets go up to the ceiling. There's a built-in bookshelf / cabinet with glass doors in the living room. One of the bedrooms has tons of built-in storage cabinets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46June 21, 2022 8:34 PM

Yes, that is a Magic Chef gas range. It's a late 40's early 50's model. I love it.

by Anonymousreply 47June 21, 2022 8:35 PM

Each picture is worse than the last. Driving through Missouri some months ago, my GPS pronounced it as “misery.” Bout right.

by Anonymousreply 48June 21, 2022 8:35 PM

[quote]the desert menu of The Rail Restaurant

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 49June 21, 2022 8:57 PM

Soon to be the site for a Major Motion Picture . . .

by Anonymousreply 50June 21, 2022 9:07 PM

Can we pool our money and make it a DL club house?

by Anonymousreply 51June 21, 2022 9:42 PM

Every DLer should chip in his/her /their age in dollars.

by Anonymousreply 52June 21, 2022 9:44 PM

It needs a big garden growing unpretentious vegetables and flowers, and a patio.

I like the curtains with the pompoms.

Old granny had some taste, for example the structured valences are kind of elegant.

by Anonymousreply 53June 21, 2022 9:48 PM

I love it! Very charming inside.

My mother was from a small town in Missouri, hightailed it to CA in her 20s after WWII. We visited when I was a child, before my own grandmother left MO, and the houses were much like this one on the interior but in better shape outside. Big trees, wide lawns, no fences.

My mother was progressive for her time and belittled the small gossipy minds of the people in her town. She was paranoid that everyone was in your business, judging and talking smack. She lived with her mean, fundamentalist Christian grandma and told some bitter stories of MO in the 1930s and 40s. Mom totally embraced life in San Francisco and was very open and accepting of everyone. I loved that about her.

OPs house speaks of comfort, though, and seeing it is a trip down memory lane for me.

by Anonymousreply 54June 21, 2022 10:02 PM

[quote] We could buy it as a time share? There's room in the yard for camping as well. We could play parlor games in the house and use the facilities.

Time share is an excellent idea. What "facilities" are you talking about? I think it's a 1.5-bath house.

by Anonymousreply 55June 21, 2022 10:02 PM

I had to go back and review the photos again.

Salt is apparently very important in this house.

I really do like it, but I was add on a porch to the back. I know there's one out front, but it looks unfinished without a porch to me.

by Anonymousreply 56June 21, 2022 10:09 PM

[quote]Every DLer should chip in his/her /their age in dollars

That couldn’t possibly work. Would we contribute our actual age, the age we feel, or the age we look?

by Anonymousreply 57June 21, 2022 10:13 PM

It looks like either a school house or a church was the origonal building , would need ALOT of tear out (the brick) after about 30 grand spent it would look great..

by Anonymousreply 58June 21, 2022 10:17 PM

R33, I have doubts that Mayme was the last occupant, the records say she died in Waco, Texas in 2009, although she's buried with her husband in Lebanon, Missouri.. The interior is in very good shape for sitting empty for over 14 years. There are newspapers on a kitchen counter, dishes in the sink, and some dust, but not as much as you'd expect.

There are food products out and other necessities in the bathroom and laundry that indicate recent occupancy. It's privately owned, possibly a family member has lived in it more recently, or at least spent time keeping it in shape.

I went to an estate sale that was a 1970s time capsule, the beautiful home of a well-to-do lady. I learned her son lived in it for a long while after she died, leaving everything as it was. Maybe something like that happened with this house.

by Anonymousreply 59June 21, 2022 10:23 PM

[quote]need ALOT of tear out

Oh, DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 60June 21, 2022 10:46 PM

Actually it is, R60; just not the one that poor R58 was looking for.

by Anonymousreply 61June 21, 2022 10:50 PM

According to the obituary at R33, her name was Mayme Emaline Parsons, but her husband's name was Martin Tschudy Blickensderfer. I realize that name's a mouthful and maybe keeping "Parsons" was easier, but in those days, women took their husband's last names almost without exception.

by Anonymousreply 62June 21, 2022 10:58 PM

[quote]Actually it is, [R60];

Yeah, no it’s not.

by Anonymousreply 63June 21, 2022 11:03 PM

[quote]her husband's name was Martin Tschudy Blickensderfer.

Was he from St. Olaf?

by Anonymousreply 64June 21, 2022 11:04 PM

It kind of has an “American Gothic” vibe to it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65June 21, 2022 11:17 PM

[quote]I realize that name's a mouthful and maybe keeping "Parsons" was easier, but in those days, women took their husband's last names almost without exception.

Perhaps it was a common law marriage.

by Anonymousreply 66June 21, 2022 11:17 PM

The outside is rough, but the inside looks fairly well taken care of.

For that price, I’d happily live in Kansas City, MO. Or St. Louis.

Not Lebanon. It appears to be equidistant from every major city, in the middle of BFE.

by Anonymousreply 67June 21, 2022 11:20 PM

It looks like the cousin of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre house.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68June 21, 2022 11:22 PM

It looks like a movie set, pretty amazing and special.

by Anonymousreply 69June 22, 2022 12:10 AM

I think the screened-in porch is awesome. You can be "outside," yet safe from mosquitoes and other bugs.

by Anonymousreply 70June 22, 2022 12:15 AM

You left an item off the dessert menu, R42.

The Brookie    /    $7 Half cookie - Half brownie. Served in a warm skillet and topped with ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 71June 22, 2022 12:22 AM

It's actually a perfectly nice house if that's where you want to live and not lacking in some charm. Sure the decor is a hoot, but it seems warm and lived in. I'd get rid of that tacked on brick front and open up that veranda in the front, and do basic repairs and painting, of course.

I'd get the dishwasher installed under the counter, but otherwise the kitchen is cute, I'd keep it!

by Anonymousreply 72June 22, 2022 12:24 AM

Millions of people live in houses like this and are perfectly fine with it, contrary to what HGTV would like people to believe.

by Anonymousreply 73June 22, 2022 12:29 AM

It's less than $100K. I could pay cash. Can you imagine paying so little and owning a home? Yeah there is some deferred maintenance but set aside some cash and save a little every month into a maintenance fund. But looking at a map.....there is NOTHING around. It's not close to KC, St Louis, or even Springfield. Maybe if I wanted to escape from society and live like a hermit..... But if I were to go that route maybe something in Ohio or somewhere like that where you can get cheap places like this but not be so far away from any sizeable city.

by Anonymousreply 74June 22, 2022 12:33 AM

Lots of potential, as others above say. The structure is good. Just needs TLC and upgrades.

by Anonymousreply 75June 22, 2022 12:40 AM

The cruciform layout with the two porches is nice. Feels cozy.

by Anonymousreply 76June 22, 2022 12:50 AM

It's an hour from Springfield.

by Anonymousreply 77June 22, 2022 1:00 AM

I love that interior. It's precious. I'd just do quality control on some of the wallpaper because it looks moldy in some places and that's actually dangerous.

That siding and roof has to go. Maybe get a strong grey slate roof and replace the siding in black and paint the brick on the sun porch black and then have pink flowers blooming about the front yard with some delicate shrubbery thrown in the mix. Top it off with a picket fence painted in salmon pink.

by Anonymousreply 78June 22, 2022 1:04 AM

[quote] Not Lebanon. It appears to be equidistant from every major city, in the middle of BFE.

Not only that: Lebanon, Kansas is the geographic center of the contiguous United States.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79June 22, 2022 1:05 AM

We could buy it and name it Bimmel House

by Anonymousreply 80June 22, 2022 1:36 AM

[quote]It's not close to KC, St Louis, or even Springfield.

I'm the one who posted earlier about my grandmother living in Springfield in a home similar to this one. I sent this link to my aunt, and she said the drive from Lebanon to Springfield is an hour and goes by really quickly.

I have only been to Southern Missouri once as an adult, and my recollection is that driving on the highways in that area was tedious. Lots of little hills, curves in the road, and tiny towns. I don't remember it being quite so treeless, though. The overhead photos show many trees in lots near this house, but then beyond the neighborhood, it's flat and dusty brown. There must have been a flood or tornado, as others suggested.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81June 22, 2022 8:50 AM

How would 10 bickering eldergays gussying up this house go over in that town? What about at The Rail? If we score (pay for) some downlow local dick, will be run out of town?

by Anonymousreply 82June 22, 2022 9:42 AM

It sounds like the plot for a sitcom in the making. There’s got to be a redneck handyman who’s always around cleaning gutters as well as a busybody church lady from next door. The two of them are always butting heads. Neither can understand why that old stove can’t be ripped out or why there are so many doilies around.

by Anonymousreply 83June 22, 2022 9:54 AM

[Quote]It's less than $100K. I could pay cash. Can you imagine paying so little and owning a home? Yeah there is some deferred maintenance but set aside some cash and save a little every month into a maintenance fund. But looking at a map.....there is NOTHING around.

If the house is close to Route66, you could buy it and offer it on Airbnb for $300/night. Spend a night in a 1940s time capsule.

by Anonymousreply 84June 22, 2022 10:34 AM

II wonder how much it would cost to transport it to another, nicer location?

by Anonymousreply 85June 22, 2022 11:13 AM

The history of the house is interesting. The husband died in 1969. I imagine they built the house together in the 1940s and did not change anything in the following years. The wife was already 64yo when her husband died in 1969. She lived another 40 years alone in that house with the 1940s interior.

I usually buy new furniture or repaint my house every 5 years, but my parents still have the same kitchen they bought in the late 70s. They were so proud they could afford a new kitchen after the got married, they still refuse to renovate and get a new kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 86June 22, 2022 11:29 AM

I’m worried about those water stains. I also like central air. But for 89k that can easily be dealt with.

It’s very sweet and a good size for one or two people. As a lover of vintage kitchen items, that stove is a keeper.

by Anonymousreply 87June 22, 2022 11:46 AM

[quote] my parents still have the same kitchen they bought in the late 70s. They were so proud they could afford a new kitchen after the got married, they still refuse to renovate and get a new kitchen.

This might be going a bit far. That said, I think the modern practice of ripping out perfectly good kitchens and bathrooms every few years and replacing everything to "stay on-trend" is incredibly wasteful and silly.

by Anonymousreply 88June 22, 2022 1:35 PM

R88 Do guys ever do this, though? I always thought it's the woman of the house who insists on having a modern stylish kitchen. Waste of money to me.

by Anonymousreply 89June 22, 2022 1:45 PM

Not far from Lake of the Ozarks, so fishing, boating and hiking would be easy. Not far from Fort Leonard Wood, so probably gets economic benefit from that---the population has kept growing over time, so not as depressed as the average rural Missouri town.

by Anonymousreply 90June 22, 2022 1:51 PM

R90 Lebanon is an utter shithole unless you're on the disability or retired. The nature is indeed accessible, but you can get there from other parts of the state without having to live there. The population might be growing, but they have little actual economic base. There's a lake boat factory nearby, and several low-wage fast food jobs. Plus the Walmart.

You could go down the road to Joplin, and work at the Butterball plant, or the mustard factory. They pay a whopping $12/hour, or $13 if you work overnight.

The nearest shopping is Springfield, birthplace of the holy roller.

by Anonymousreply 91June 22, 2022 1:59 PM

It's not called the aluminum fishing boat capital of the world for nothing. Pretty good to see a place in the US still manufacturing stuff.

by Anonymousreply 92June 22, 2022 2:04 PM

I know it's a TV show and the actual house is in Georgia, but I would love to get a lake house like the Byrd family in Ozark. The house has amazing lake views, privacy, lake access and they only paid $30k. I wonder how much you actually have to pay for a lake house at the Lake of the Ozarks. $300k? It's still Missouri, right?

by Anonymousreply 93June 22, 2022 2:11 PM

I looked up the population of Lebanon and the Google chart that came up showed a straight line on the chart from 2011 to today, meaning it's been the same population for a decade.

I also found these stats. Something happened in 2016 to make arson crimes shoot WAY up. That's peculiar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94June 22, 2022 2:12 PM

I believe Mayme dropped her husband's last name and reclaimed her own after he died in 1969. She outlived him by 40 years and Parsons is a much better name than Blickensderfer.

by Anonymousreply 95June 22, 2022 2:34 PM

R95 I did the same thing after my husband's accident.

Sometimes a maiden name, like being a bitch, is all a woman has to hang on to.

by Anonymousreply 96June 22, 2022 4:16 PM

Depressing.

by Anonymousreply 97June 22, 2022 6:48 PM

Addie Pray?

by Anonymousreply 98June 22, 2022 7:02 PM

Attention Fat Whores! Before you enjoy a Brookie at The Rail, try their newest creation inspired by The King. "The Railhouse Rock" is a double cheeseburger with bacon, peanut butter, and bananas.😳

by Anonymousreply 99June 24, 2022 10:48 PM

nice little place. you gotta love the woodwork and the built ins and the charm of something well made like this. love the porch too. cute cute cute. for a great price.

by Anonymousreply 100June 25, 2022 12:16 AM

Someone needs to call Nicole Curtis, the Rehab Addict. She loves these old homes and restores them back to their natural beauty. Nicole locates unused old items, such as pristine vintage sinks and other vintage fixtures. Nicole will make that place look amazing.

Or this house can be sold to a motion picture company, it can be used in several different types of films or TV series, those set in the era this home was built or for a creepy horror film, to name a few. This place is somewhat creepy, as it appears to be frozen in time and somewhat neglected.

by Anonymousreply 101June 25, 2022 2:01 AM

Looks straight out of a movie by Douglas Sirk.

by Anonymousreply 102June 25, 2022 3:43 AM

Sybil's 'green kitchen.'

Ugh.

Is that little outbuilding and dog kennel part of this property, or the adjacent one?

by Anonymousreply 103June 25, 2022 6:38 AM

A huge problem, this house is in the middle of nowhere. Can you imagine the price if this house was near a major city?

by Anonymousreply 104June 25, 2022 5:10 PM

The outside and inside looks like the house in every production I've ever seen of Lanford Wilson's "Fifth Of July", set in Lebanon, Mo.

by Anonymousreply 105June 25, 2022 5:16 PM

I was recently looking through some listings in my co-op. I'm going to be selling in a few years and I'm curious what the current rates are.

It's an old building, a lot of the older residents are dying or going into nursing homes. Their cheap families refuse to renovate, however, the prices are outrageous. The co-op has amazing Manhattan skyline views, that's why the prices are high, considering there are zero amenities except the skyline views, the co-op has little to offer.

Some apartments now listed for sale are in absolutely disgusting conditions. One two bedroom, which looked like a bomb went off, is now going for $695,000. Seems doubtful a completely un-renovated apartment will get that much money, the former tenants didn't even replace the 60+ year old bathroom sink! Nothing cosmetic was done. It's not as if everything is vintage, but in great shape, the place is awful.

Most people, before listing a co-op for sale, at least, put down a wood or laminate floors and make the apartments look desirable. I was totally shocked at the condition of an apartment being listed for $695,000 for. Talk about delusional.

by Anonymousreply 106June 25, 2022 5:19 PM

Hmm, I think $90k is still a lot of money for run-down shed in the middle of nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 107June 25, 2022 5:21 PM

R106 Why renovate? The new owners will want to renovate the place to their own taste and lifestyle, and not put up with that God-awful laminate you installed.

by Anonymousreply 108June 25, 2022 5:38 PM

Yeah, this house should cost $25k.

by Anonymousreply 109June 25, 2022 6:15 PM

[quote][R106] Why renovate? The new owners will want to renovate the place to their own taste and lifestyle, and not put up with that God-awful laminate you installed.

You'd be stupid enough to pay $695,000 for an un-renovated apartment. You sir, are a moron.

Where the hell did I say I put down laminate floors? Is reading comprehension a problem for you? Typical DL stupidity. Or TROLLING.

You'd pay $695,000 for this dump? loooool Get help!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110June 25, 2022 8:31 PM

R110 Oh my God that is dire! Looks like a council flat or state housing.

But in the right location in a safe area with outstanding views.... I can see it fetching $695k. Even factoring the completely justifiable and necessary gut reno needed

by Anonymousreply 111June 25, 2022 10:22 PM

Lebanon, Missouri, is not nowhere.

You can go to the Shepherd of the Hills Outlet Mall, and do some field work with the Meth Corpse people!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112June 25, 2022 10:28 PM

They do that in all cities. Do you think Portland composts dead people?

by Anonymousreply 113June 25, 2022 10:38 PM

[quote]Where the hell did I say I put down laminate floors?

I’m not the guy you’re arguing with, but you did say put down laminate flooring right here:

[quote]put down a wood or laminate floors

by Anonymousreply 114June 25, 2022 11:11 PM

This is what R108 posted; “The new owners will want to renovate the place to their own taste and lifestyle, and not put up with that God-awful laminate YOU installed.

That moron assumed I put down laminate floors, I did not. I know what I posted, I DID NOT post I had laminate floors. Here is what I posted: "MOST PEOPLE, before listing a co-op for sale, at least, put down a wood or laminate floor and make the apartments look desirable."

Actually, these days, laminate floors are much nicer than they were in the past, they are much easier to care for than real wood. Laminate can simply be cleaned, even with plain water with a sponge mop, unlike real wood, laminate floors don't need to be re-finished every few years.

It appears R108, is simply parroting what he THINKS he knows about laminate floors.

by Anonymousreply 115June 26, 2022 1:39 AM

This co-op apartment in the same building the $695,000 hovel is also in, sold for $749,000, This apartment was renovated and every room has a Manhattan skyline view.

Who in their right mind would buy the dump listed for $695,000? Someone with more money than a functioning brain. Add a gut renovation into that amount, that's ridiculous. This co-op doesn't even allow the old tubs to be removed, the bathroom ceiling below might collapse. You can renovate the bathroom, just not remove the old tub.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116June 26, 2022 1:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!