Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I want to be overwhelmed.

I’m too whelming for the underwhelmed threads, as they’ve kindly reminded me. So feel free to share your overwhelming posts here. We won’t judge (hahahaha!!!)

by Anonymousreply 116June 7, 2023 4:52 AM

Ok. So here goes. Don’t come at me!!

A week ago-ish I ordered a bunch of stuff from Target for pickup. I needed trash bags and I mistyped “trash can liners” and it autocorrected as “trash pan liners” and Target understood and directed me to garbage bags.

Then tonight, a week later, I just opened Facebook and THIS was a sponsored ad from AMAZON!!!

You can’t convince me that Target and Amazon aren’t sharing info behind my back and probably laughing about it.

I’m done with social media. I’m out. Deleting all my accounts. Moving to Alaska and living off the grid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 5, 2022 6:14 AM

I'm Canadian and work for the feds. Anyway, Trudeau went and dropped the vaccine mandate for federal workers and now the handful of anti-vaxx loons that I work with are back. It was so peaceful while they were gone and now they're back bragging about how they "were right all along," and about how they're going to sue for back-pay. I usually support Trudeau but this annoyed the fuck out of me. He doesn't have to sit next to these losers all day, but I do. Fucks sake.

by Anonymousreply 2July 5, 2022 6:33 AM

That is rather whelming R2. I feel so lucky not to know any of those shits in person but a friend is in the military and knows a couple. One is full Q Anon and a high-ish rank.

by Anonymousreply 3July 5, 2022 7:01 AM

[quote]they're back bragging about how they "were right all along,"

They were, though, weren't they? Everyone knew the mandates wouldn't last.

by Anonymousreply 4July 5, 2022 7:03 AM

What, R4? *Everyone* knew the mandates weren't permanent. I suspect R2's workmates think they were "right all along" about Covid being a fake disease dreamed up by Bill Gates in order to inject us all with 5G trackers.

by Anonymousreply 5July 5, 2022 7:09 AM

[quote]I suspect [R2]'s workmates think they were "right all along" about Covid being a fake disease dreamed up by Bill Gates in order to inject us all with 5G trackers.

I got the vaccines (triple vaxxed) but they haven’t set up the 5G towers in my neighborhood yet, so I’m still on 4G.

I wish I could have got the LTE tracker because this vaccine is doing me no good!

by Anonymousreply 6July 5, 2022 7:27 AM

I’m getting the Monkeypox vaccine Friday. Then I can fuck ALL the monkeys I want to!!

by Anonymousreply 7July 5, 2022 3:31 PM

I’m just gonna keep overwhelming people until others start posting.

I was dating a guy and decided I was going to bottom for the first time in TWENTY years. I bought lube and an enema bulb, read countless articles on how to prepare, watched a couple videos, and then we broke up. 😕

And now that lube is sitting in my medicine cabinet, next to the toothpaste, and is a daily reminder of what could have been. (The bulb is hidden in a sock in my bottom drawer because my cleaning lady would find it and probably think it was for squirting cleaner around the edge of the sink faucet or something).

by Anonymousreply 8July 6, 2022 3:24 AM

Plumber just left after fixing my shower. He barely said three words to me. He was recommended by a friend who has known him for years. I texted friend and told him plumber guy did a good job at a good price but I found communicating with him a chore. Friend informed me plumber's 30 year old son died of COVID last year and he hasn't been the same since.

As my mother used to say, you just never know what people are going through.

by Anonymousreply 9July 6, 2022 2:00 PM

Oh, I’m sorry r9. For him and for you.

by Anonymousreply 10July 6, 2022 4:10 PM

My grocery delivery was supposed to arrive between 4 and 6pm. Their current estimate is half past midnight. I'm kinda whelmed by this.

by Anonymousreply 11July 9, 2022 2:32 AM

Ok, hold on to your knickers.

I am clinically depressed. What does that mean? Correct, my apartment is FILTHAY! As in, a layer of food wrappers on my bedroom floor that I waddle through to go to the stinky toilet.

So what is another boon of La Depression? You're right again, a complete lack of energy and motivation. So here I am, whelmed and smelly, sitting in my pile of junk, and doing nothing.

Thank you for your attention.

by Anonymousreply 12July 9, 2022 3:07 AM

My total ASSHOLE of an ex completely stopped speaking to me even though we were at one point friends. He blocked me on everything. I got the message, but we were friends and I always approached him (after he got mad at me) carefully, apologizing for things I hadn’t done and tired to make amends with him.

Since be blocked on everything, I took one last shot and wrote him a card. It was heartfelt and said his friendship was meaningful to me and I wish we could talk about whatever I did that made him so mad.

Today I got it back in the mail, unopened with a big red “Refused by sender” written on it. He didn’t even just throw it away unopened.

So on Sunday he’s getting THIS from Amazon, in a gift bag, with a gift note that says “You’re a real jerk for sending back my card unopened. I know you love books, so enjoy! 😡”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 9, 2022 7:22 AM

Forgive the obvious type. Don’t “oh dear” me. I was angry.

And I forgot to say, the note also said “I’ll never contact you again”.

And I won’t. And he can be happy about it.

by Anonymousreply 14July 9, 2022 7:34 AM

You should cancel the order if you can, R14. He wants a reaction. He sent back the unopened letter precisely so he would get one. Don't give him what he wants. And ask yourself why you wasted your precious time trying to appease someone who treats you badly.

by Anonymousreply 15July 9, 2022 7:37 AM

[qiote]And ask yourself why you wasted your precious time trying to appease someone who treats you badly.

Revenge.

by Anonymousreply 16July 9, 2022 7:46 AM

But to honestly answer your question, r15, he did it to me right when my mom died. So all the feelings of loss about my mom are tied up with the feelings about losing him as a friend. And I go to a therapist and I’m working on it, but the thought of him dumping me as a friend for really no reason when my mom died needs some resolution and I want him to tell me why. I haven’t asked him to tell me why he did it when my mom died, but I want to know what kind of person would do that to a a friend. And it’s not about rebuilding our friendship, it’s that I need closure and he’s never gonna give it to me. And I know all this. But it’s my time to waste, and my heart that got hurt, so? That’s why.

And he deserves that book.

by Anonymousreply 17July 9, 2022 8:11 AM

[quote](The bulb is hidden in a sock in my bottom drawer because my cleaning lady would find it and probably think it was for squirting cleaner around the edge of the sink faucet or something).

Don't kid yourself little gay boy.

by Anonymousreply 18July 9, 2022 8:15 AM

IT IS, Rosario! Stop snooping through my sock drawer!!

by Anonymousreply 19July 9, 2022 8:23 AM

I have used what I found in the manner intended.

Suck on that.

by Anonymousreply 20July 9, 2022 8:56 AM

Well at least get the grout with it you snoopy bitch!

by Anonymousreply 21July 9, 2022 8:59 AM

r12 I'm really sorry to hear you're struggling. If I knew you irl, I would clean your apartment for you. It would hopefully lift your mood for a day or so.

I hope you feel better soon.

by Anonymousreply 22July 9, 2022 10:44 AM

Thank you, dear R22 ❤

by Anonymousreply 23July 9, 2022 4:11 PM

R12, I’ve been there. I got so depressed during the pandemic and my mom was dying that I just gave up.

It can be embarrassing but you can hire a cleaner and they’re not going to ridicule you and it won’t be that expensive (maybe $200 to get the place spotless and $80 to keep it up). I had to do it.

Do it. Don’t be embarrassed. You’ll feel better too. It’s not a depression cure, but seeing your house clean will make you feel a little better (at least less stressed about that).

Good luck and keep us posted.

by Anonymousreply 24July 9, 2022 5:08 PM

How to clean through depression.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 9, 2022 5:25 PM

Oh, thanks for the tips and the support, R24 and R25! I've been thinking about hiring a cleaner and no, it's not that expensive and MORE than worth the money but I'm so embarrassed to let anyone into that filthy apartment that...

You know what just occurred to me? On Monday I'll call a cleaning company and just explain the situation honestly. Ask them if they deal with stuff like that. See if they'll give me a reasonable offer. Gosh, that IS whelming. I'll post here when I have their answer.

by Anonymousreply 26July 9, 2022 5:40 PM

I like this thread. The other ones were always too long to read but I caught this one early. Can someone clean my house? I don't want to. I think I'll take my kids and go for a walk.

by Anonymousreply 27July 9, 2022 5:45 PM

I broke up with my boyfriend 2 weeks ago and posted about it here and was just CRUCIFIED. I wanted us to remain friends and we did. But I went over to watch a movie and our penises accidentally ended up in one another’s mouths. Oooops. So I don't know where we stand. I liked him and didn’t want to break up with him and think he deserves someone better than me. I don’t have low self-esteem, I’m just practical. But now I think I have a FWB?

by Anonymousreply 28July 16, 2022 5:31 AM

The tips on what to do when the nukes hit are back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29July 16, 2022 5:38 AM

A 23 year old who looks 15 unlocked all his private pics on an app for me so I gently asked him to either revoke access to them or send me a scanned drivers license and signed affidavit that he was really 23. And he got pissy with me!! So after ten minutes of not re-locking them, I blocked him.

Not tying to get "To Catch a Predator"-ed here!!

by Anonymousreply 30July 18, 2022 5:07 AM

I just got home from a friend's house and I'm a little drunk. I took a Lyft and every opportunity to turn right and start heading towards my house, the driver just passed and kept going. So after about 4 missed turns I said "hey, I think we're heading in the wrong direction" and he says "yeah, my GPS is acting weird" but I can *see* his GPS and he's intentionally (or mistakenly) missing every turn. So I think "Oh great. I guess I'm getting raped 🙄".

But I take a closer look and realize the driver is young, baseball cap, stubbly beard, tan, tank top with huge muscular arms, and I catch his eyes in the rear view mirror and he's actually really good looking. He's a jacked, handsome, hot piece of man.

So I think "I'm getting raped 🤗".

But then he finally turned right, started heading in the right direction, dropped me off at home. Unmolested. ☹️

He was hot as fuck but an awful driver!

by Anonymousreply 31July 24, 2022 6:24 AM

If this thread sounds like one guy talking to himself, it’s because it is

by Anonymousreply 32July 24, 2022 8:41 AM

[quote]If this thread sounds like one guy talking to himself, it’s because it is.

Dude, you posted SIXTY-THREE TIMES in the "I want to be underwhelmed" thread, r32. Don't be a dick and back the fuck off, m'kay?

by Anonymousreply 33July 24, 2022 2:15 PM

I'm sitting at my computer and I have to take a leak but I'm to lazy to get up to go to the bathroom to take a leak, so I'm going to sit her for a while longer.

by Anonymousreply 34July 24, 2022 2:16 PM

I thought I was was going to hook up with a guy on an app, discussing likes, kinks, sending pics. Then he started talking prices!! He's a "masseuse" (whore)!

by Anonymousreply 35August 7, 2022 1:53 AM

My mom's funeral was today and I didn't go. Couldn't stand the %#*&@.

by Anonymousreply 36August 7, 2022 2:46 AM

I caught some rose slugs in the act of eating my new Sally Holmes rose and threw their asses into the grass. I hope a bird ate them.

by Anonymousreply 37August 7, 2022 2:53 AM

[quote]My mom's funeral was today and I didn't go. Couldn't stand the %#*&@.

Sounds like a big missed opportunity to go and cause a scene, r36.

by Anonymousreply 38August 7, 2022 3:23 AM

I had the second best goat cheese of my life tonight. My god. Utterly whelmed. Also wondering if it's possible to deliver cheese straight into my veins via IV.

by Anonymousreply 39August 13, 2022 7:25 AM

I hate to be *that* person, R17, but narcissists do often act up when their victim experiences a bereavement. Because the bereavement means that their victim is being primarily traumatized by something that is not of the narcissist's making, the narcissist will create another circumstance to upset their victim so that they (the victimizer) can be reassured that they do have control of the victim.

I don't know whether this is relevant to you but it did occur to me when you said you'd been broken up with after your mother's death. The complete withdrawal also tallies.

by Anonymousreply 40August 13, 2022 7:43 AM

My mother said there won't be a family Christmas this year because half the family are skiing in Europe with their kids. For two fucking months. I'm reading about this belt tightening, but aren't seeing it. Money is sloshing around like never before.

by Anonymousreply 41August 13, 2022 10:01 AM

R40, thank you, I actually appreciate that comment. Several people in a very short period of time also asked me if he was on the Autism spectrum. I said, god I never even thought about that (and they got way more details about the whole three year relationship than I ever shared here) and then I actually almost felt sorry for him, like my mother dying and me being sad actually caused HIM distress. But it doesn't really track. I don't think he's on the spectrum. But I would believe he's a narcissist. Whatever he is, he has some type of personality disorder. That was evident and something I willfully overlooked when I "liked" him and he liked me. Now I don't like him at all.

I've been calling him my boyfoe.

by Anonymousreply 42August 13, 2022 11:46 PM

Unfortunately The Big Bang Theory taught people that being on the spectrum equals being an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 43August 13, 2022 11:59 PM

[quote]“I’ll never contact you again”.

R14 Yes, you will.

by Anonymousreply 44August 14, 2022 12:18 AM

[quote][R14] Yes, you will.

No, I won't, r44. He posted a very one-sided story online for sympathy claiming I was emotionally manipulative (I guess he meant "sad because my mom died") and was making "creepy jokes". I literally have no idea what that was about. And his friends encouraged him to get a restraining order against me and he said he'd think about it.

I'm not worried about a restraining order. All the communications I ever sent him were basically 3 texts that said "hey, we were really good friends, what happened?" And a card he returned unopened (instead of just throwing away). Nothing even remotely stalkerish or threatening happened. If he tried to get a restraining order, I'd get a lawyer, fight it, I hope win, and then (at least threaten to) sue him for defamation because he posted the card with my name on it online.

So I will definitely NOT be contacting him again.

But the funniest things have been happening. I keep getting hit on by his creepy friends on Scruff WHO TOLD HIM TO GET A RESTRAINING ORDER!! They don't know me by face so don't know that I'm his ex when they contact me (and this has happened twice).

Both times they asked how things were going ("Hey, what's up handsome? Hope you're having a good weekend!") And I replied with "Not the best actually ☹️".

The trap is set, and then they ask what's the problem and I feign disinterest in talking about it, ask do you really wanna hear this? They said yes, so I carefully explained my side of the story leaving out his name (my ex ghosted me after my mom died, then blocked me, etc). I tell it in little bits and they replied with "oh I'm so sorry! That's terrible!" after each part of the story.

Then I finish with "and then he returned the card unopened with 'refused by sender' in big red marker, so I got mad and sent him an etiquette book called "How not to be a dick”, which I thought was pretty funny.

And then there's radio silence and I messaged them "yeah, and his friends are telling him to get a restraining order against me. Actually, YOU were one of them, come to think of it!"

Neither apologized but both hemmed and hawed about how their instinct is to trust a victim’s story whether it's true or not, and they didn't *really* advise him to get a retaining order and that what happened to me sucks, and they know it's gonna take a long time to get over.

They both offered the same advice: take the time you need to heal, but don't let what he did weigh on you (paraphrasing) and I said (to both) thanks! I was over it when he posted that pity party online and I don't really need or want advice from his friends, but I do have some advice for you. Don't believe everything you read online and don't trust him. He lies. I was a close friend. You're a close friend of his. He could do the same thing to you.

And then I ask them that when (not if) they report the conversation back to him, please don't lie. Tell him that YOU contacted me.

If he ever contacts me, I'll be friendly. I'll say I'm glad he called. We should talk. We should go for a hike in the National park like we used to. And then I'll drive us there, get out on the trail, tell him I left my phone in the car, and head back to it and drive home and leave him stranded a hundred miles from home with poor cell phone coverage. And if anyone thinks that's extreme, RELAX! There's a very nice ranger's station he can go to for help.

by Anonymousreply 45August 14, 2022 5:04 AM

I'm not a psychopath, but making our personal problems public drama pushed me the edge. It's like a self fulfilling prophecy. He made me hate him and he's better off keeping me on block now.

by Anonymousreply 46August 14, 2022 5:08 AM

Oh no. Someone I don't know followed me on Instagram and normally I just get new followers from weird girls with three followers who are following 10,000 accounts hopping some one will follow them back (which ain't me) but this guy lives in my city and we had a mutual connection. Normally I wouldn't follow someone I don't know back, but his account was private and I think well, if you're following me, and you're account is private, you better let me follow you or I'm dropping you. You follow?

So I requested to follow him and I just got the notice that he accepted the request. I'm looking at his photos and one says "Senior Year!"

I think he's in high school. I just followed a high schooler online.

by Anonymousreply 47August 14, 2022 6:14 AM

I semi-retired my Scruff account. Changed my username, deleted all my photos and info and replace it with "The Bear You Are Trying to Reach is Unavailable or no Longer in Service."

I didn't delete it because there are some guys I want to stay in contact with and I may go back online eventually.

But I getting MORE woofs, likes, and messages then when I had photos and info.

That's a real ego boost there. 😕

by Anonymousreply 48August 15, 2022 4:18 AM

Fat whores rejoice!

by Anonymousreply 49August 15, 2022 5:05 AM

We need a thread titled I Want To Be Whelmed for those of us who can't decide which emotion we are experiencing.

by Anonymousreply 50August 15, 2022 8:02 AM

Well, the underwhelmers claim anything that isn't underwhelming is "whelming", and they don't want it in their threads, so this Is probably the place for the whelmed and overwhelmed.

Welcome!

by Anonymousreply 51August 15, 2022 7:23 PM

I went to a concert and stood in place for about three hours shifting my weight from left to right foot. I wore bad shoes and my feet are killing me, but my watch thinks I got in 6,000 steps.

by Anonymousreply 52August 18, 2022 6:40 AM

I once stood for about 4 hours (outside the church at a funeral for a famous person I admired) and on the way back, in the underground station, I fell up the stairs 4 times (and got stares because I'm sure I looked drunk) because my legs were so fucked from standing/barely moving for so long. It's like they were just lumps of numb meat from the knees down.

by Anonymousreply 53August 18, 2022 6:48 AM

[quote] my cleaning lady would find it and probably think it was for squirting cleaner

Oh i wouldn't worry. She knows you're a fat whore.

by Anonymousreply 54August 18, 2022 7:27 AM

I read When the Wind Blows (hadn't heard of it until the author, Raymond Briggs, died last week) and now I'm low-key freaking out about nuclear war.

by Anonymousreply 55August 20, 2022 1:18 AM

This THREAD is overwhelming me. I need to get myself over to the underwhelm me thread.

by Anonymousreply 56August 20, 2022 1:27 AM

I'm casually smoking a doobie in my underwear while standing on my second floor balcony which places the people on the the upper deck f the hop-on-hop-off tourist bus in level direct eyesight of me; I waved and they clapped and gave me the thumbs up - perhaps the guide will announce the upcoming delight on their next loop past.

by Anonymousreply 57August 20, 2022 1:39 AM

I had to stay six hours in the emergency room at the hospital after getting a bad case of food poisoning. The bill came today - $4000. Insurance paid half, I had to pay the other half. Easy come, easy go!

by Anonymousreply 58August 20, 2022 2:06 AM

You should get a hooker when you're out, r58. They're about the same price, a lot more fun, and also easy come, easy go.

by Anonymousreply 59August 20, 2022 2:21 AM

This is my August tantrum where I whine about moving from a dead suburb to a vibrant city.

I know the scent of meth as well as crack because people smoke openly at bus stops. Now, there’s a group of homeless young idiots cooking the stuff across the street from my apartment (according to building security guy).

Ok, I’m just old enough to start fearing our yutes. Perhaps it’s as it should be. I’m worried and whelmed.

by Anonymousreply 60August 20, 2022 3:25 AM

Go smoke some some crank with them, Boomer. Be a good neighbor!

by Anonymousreply 61August 20, 2022 3:43 AM

I’m depressed but won’t take an anti-depressant because I don’t want to suffer the loss of ability to orgasm. That would deepen my depression, surely.

by Anonymousreply 62August 20, 2022 3:48 AM

I got raped and then I got breast cancer!

by Anonymousreply 63August 20, 2022 3:57 AM

You seem really exhausting, Guy Whose Ex Sent the Card Back to You Unopened.

by Anonymousreply 64August 20, 2022 4:02 AM

[quote]I’m depressed but won’t take an anti-depressant because I don’t want to suffer the loss of ability to orgasm. That would deepen my depression, surely.

Trintellix. No weight gain, no sexual side effects. I switched from Lexapro (where I was miserable and couldn't cum) to trintellix and everything is back to normal.

by Anonymousreply 65August 20, 2022 4:08 AM

[quote]You seem really exhausting, Guy Whose Ex Sent the Card Back to You Unopened.

If I'm too much for you, r64, seek less.

by Anonymousreply 66August 20, 2022 4:15 AM

I scorched my hostess pants and the guests will will be arriving presently!

by Anonymousreply 67August 20, 2022 4:16 AM

Go with the black crepe slacks and switch from espadrilles to the mules.

by Anonymousreply 68August 20, 2022 4:25 AM

I put up a new photo online on an app. I thought I looked pretty good. It's been up for about four days and finally I got my first woof. From a COMPLETELY BLIND MAN. Who also needs a place to stay.

by Anonymousreply 69August 23, 2022 4:44 AM

That is quite overwhelming, R69.

by Anonymousreply 70August 23, 2022 5:03 AM

This isn't my overwhelming moment. My best friend was dating a guy for more than two years. In two years he said they had sex maybe 3 times and that his boyfriend didn't even like to be touched (and this was a long distance relationship, so infrequent sex wouldn't be that unusual, but 3 times in 2 years?!). He knew it was over but they had planned an oversees trip before he decided that things needed to end and he elected to go and just convince himself that they were doing it as friends, not boyfriends. When they got back, he called the boyfriend and had a heart-to-heart. Said it wasn't working, they needed to end things, he was sorry, he really liked him. The boyfriend told him "I actually broke up with you four months ago. I thought you knew that".

His "boyfriend" broke up with him, never told him, and still planned an overseas trip with him.

Form my friend's description, the guy is very nice, but very emotionally messed up. So I feel a little sympathy for the guy, but I can't believe he thought my friend knew they'd broken up because he decided it but never actually told him!

I would have been very, very overwhelmed.

by Anonymousreply 71August 24, 2022 5:30 AM

The bf sounds a bit mental, R71.

by Anonymousreply 72August 25, 2022 4:04 AM

BF boyfriend or BF best friend, r71? My friend is a great a guy and totally not mental. He was very patient because he liked the guy and enjoyed spending time with him and thoght he had intimacy issues that they could work through. They were talking about moving to upstate NY and buying a house together while my friend was miserably trying to figure out why they weren't having sex (and my friend thought the boyfriend was getting help for his issues). I think it's fair to say the boyfriend has serious issues (but he still sounds like a nice guy, despite forgetting to tell my friend he'd secretly broken up with him 4 months prior). It's hard for me-I don't want to talk bad about the boyfriend because 1) it doesn't do any good and 2) I don't want my friend to feel like HE made a mistake, had bad judgment, picked a bad boyfriend, etc.

by Anonymousreply 73August 25, 2022 4:23 AM

The boyfriend, R73, obviously. There's fucked up, which most of us are to some degree, and then there's "I broke up with you and didn't tell you or act any different towards you for 4 months why didn't you read my mind?" I feel bad for the boyfriend if he's dealing with mental illness but that sounds like something pretty profound going on and your friend is probably better off out of it.

by Anonymousreply 74August 25, 2022 4:28 AM

Oh yeah. He's definitely better off. But he's a bit heartbroken at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 75August 25, 2022 5:04 AM

I hate fucking phone calls. Texting for me is the greatest form of communication known to man. Yet there are various boomer women in my life (friend, sister, stepmother) who insist on "just picking up the phone" to discuss minor things that can be dealt with in a one-sentence text: "Let's do Tuesday, see you then." No, they're not alone and lonely, they just get frustrated with texting and want to TALK. It really is a Boomer Woman thing.

This week in particular they've all been overwhelming me with calls at inopportune times. I'm sorry, it's 2022, we don't do that anymore. I mostly answer in case it's an emergency but it never is. Ah, my struggle.....

by Anonymousreply 76August 25, 2022 1:43 PM

This thread is too much yak yak yak. I'm going back to the pithy underwhelmed thread.

by Anonymousreply 77August 26, 2022 1:50 AM

Well LA DEE DAH, R77.

by Anonymousreply 78August 29, 2022 12:20 AM

For the past several days I've been (finally) catching up with the series The Staircase.

Today I saw the episode which has, in once scene, Patrick Schwarzenegger wearing only tight boxer briefs.

Now I can't think of anything else.

by Anonymousreply 79August 29, 2022 12:34 AM

I’m still getting phone calls. Everyone wants to talk and vent. I guess I should feel flattered? Good listener maybe?

by Anonymousreply 80August 29, 2022 12:47 AM

[quote]Good listener maybe?

I've been told I'm a good listener, but honestly sometime I just mute the phone and put it on speaker and do other things. If there's a long pause, I'll pick up and say "Wow" or "Huh". That covers 90% of all situations.

by Anonymousreply 81August 31, 2022 12:04 AM

My niece said she wasn’t going to go back to high school this year because “they’re a bunch of liars”. My sister wanted me to have the talk with her like I did last year to get her to go back.

by Anonymousreply 82August 31, 2022 12:15 AM

Oh, I hope so, too, R37! I HATE slugs. My mom died and left me her cabin, so I stayed there one night and in the morning there were two slugs fucking (or whatever slugs do) on the floor. I saw one sticking onto the door, too. INSIDE.

I gave the cabin to my cousin. Jesus, that place is creepy. I went there once and found blood and guts in the driveway! The rainwater collected in the wheelbarrow was RED.

I’m sure it’s all in a day’s work for the redneck meth-head hunters around there but I’m a city kid and I fucking hated it.

Now I see articles in which people wax poetic about their dream of living in “tiny houses” out in the trees and just think, Sucker, you don’t know the half of it. Oh, the pleasure of walking into the hamlet’s ONE “cafe!” All sound and motion stops as everyone present turns to see if one of their clansmen has appeared. No. They don’t know you. Ergo, they neither like nor want you there. They don’t even want you to spend your money and leave. They just want you gone. Want to have some fun and gain an education? Google the town’s name and “meth.” That’s where the stories are and why they seem never to have had dental work done.

Fuck the local national park. It’s beautiful. It really is. That cabin and those people, though, are just not worth it.

by Anonymousreply 83August 31, 2022 12:37 AM

R83 go to bed or at least cut back on how many cans of Bang you drink a day.

by Anonymousreply 84August 31, 2022 12:40 AM

When I was 12 yrs old our dog found my new step mom’s dildo and had it in his mouth and chewed it up and wouldn’t let go of it. My friend and I laughed our asses off and showed my step mom how Pickles had a new chew toy!

by Anonymousreply 85August 31, 2022 12:48 AM

I'm a little frustrated looking for flights from the northeast to the U.K. You used to be able to look up the price but it no longer includes selecting you're own seat without paying an additional $150 and on other flights it doesn't include a carry-on. I have miles with United but direct flights are over double the miles if you book a direct flight vs a flight with a very long layover.

by Anonymousreply 86September 1, 2022 4:15 PM

In some ways the pandemic was a gift to the airlines. They just took away every amenity they didn’t want to offer anyway.

by Anonymousreply 87September 1, 2022 4:38 PM

My mom died just over a month ago and I just found out today that she left me out of her will! Just because I hadn't spoken to her in 13 years. What a *%&#(! And she had about a million in the bank, so my three brothers got just that much more. Oh well, they put up with her when I wouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 88September 2, 2022 2:39 AM

R88 sucks to be you

by Anonymousreply 89September 2, 2022 2:47 AM

It is a well known fact that homosexuals suffer when given large sums of money. Straight people require that death benefit to take care of family - family methadone interventions, family bitcoin trading losses.

by Anonymousreply 90September 2, 2022 11:32 AM

Southern California used to have no mosquitos. Now we have the most vicious ones, I read they got here on a boat from (ugh) China. They're very fast and stealth. Last night I got up from watching TV and noticed my arm was itching - 4 huge bites I didn't see coming. It's really too bad, we had it so good here for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 91September 2, 2022 1:31 PM

I run a TNR (trap, neuter, release) mosquito non-profit, r91. We catch them, our resident entomologist vet surgically sterilizes them and then we set them free. We've had great success and provided reproductive freedom to over 450 mosquitos since 1993.

by Anonymousreply 92September 2, 2022 8:20 PM

I am whelmed. Amazon isn't going to deliver my case of San Pellegrino until tomorrow or Sunday. It was supposed to get here today.

[quote]Now expected September 3 - September 4. We’re very sorry your delivery is late. If you have not received your package by September 4, you can come back here the next day for a refund.

by Anonymousreply 93September 2, 2022 8:40 PM

I have an ass.

by Anonymousreply 94September 2, 2022 9:27 PM

I used too much laundry scent booster and now my clothes are drying and I have a headache. And my cat is hiding under the sofa trying to escape the smell.

Can you die of Fresh Linen scented exposure?

by Anonymousreply 95September 2, 2022 10:44 PM

I avoid most scented products because of potential health concerns associated with extra chemicals in fragrance

by Anonymousreply 96September 2, 2022 10:46 PM

Rewash everything a few times without product, r95.

And anyway, why would anyone want a "scent booster"? There's the toxicity. Plus, how much more white trash can you get?

by Anonymousreply 97September 2, 2022 10:47 PM

[quote]And anyway, why would anyone want a "scent booster"? There's the toxicity. Plus, how much more white trash can you get?

I was trying something new. I followed the instructions on the bottle. Is this question about white trash rhetorical? I find the term "white trash" to be pretty racist, as it implies that the being simply white is not trash, and that non-white is, by default, trash.

by Anonymousreply 98September 2, 2022 11:32 PM

How much should you spend on a wedding gift? I’m stupid and devoid of sense.

by Anonymousreply 99September 2, 2022 11:40 PM

You be whatever kind of trash you like, r98.

by Anonymousreply 100September 2, 2022 11:54 PM

I enjoy being trashy

by Anonymousreply 101September 3, 2022 12:00 AM

[quote]You be whatever kind of trash you like, [R98].

Aw, thank you! 🤗

I'll be a lot lizard, truck driver servicing whore!

Like your mom!

by Anonymousreply 102September 3, 2022 3:09 AM

I’ve been using Tide Free for decades. The scent of laundry soap is overwhelming, I don’t know how people can stand it.

by Anonymousreply 103September 3, 2022 2:00 PM

Some people really get off on the scent of Gain.

by Anonymousreply 104September 3, 2022 2:01 PM

My hot water heater failed and was leaking. I'm on the 4rth floor of a condo and apparently there's water damage in the units below me. The association turned off my hot water and drained the hot water heater. I called a plumber but it's labor day weekend and I probably won't get a response until Tuesday. There's also the issue with how much damage it caused and what it's going to cost me.

The hot water heater failing is a known issue with these units and the association tried to catch it early by having someone put in a leak detector under the hot water heater in all the units but the leak was in a different area than the detector.

by Anonymousreply 105September 4, 2022 7:33 PM

Oh!!!! There's a guy on an app less than a mile from me. screen name "North Guy".

I wanna ask him so bad if he is guy from North! Is he *our* guy from North??

by Anonymousreply 106September 5, 2022 3:18 AM

I’m stuck in the horrific heat wave we’re having here in Los Angeles. It really is the worst I’ve experienced here in 20 years. One lovely byproduct is bugs. I’ve barely opened the door and certainly not a window and yet getting flies, mosquitoes, and even ladybugs out of nowhere. How the hell do they get in and why do they bother? The worst is the mosquitoes, which Southern California never had until the last few years. They are fast and super sneaky and you can’t even see them but they do a lot of biting especially around the feet and ankles.

by Anonymousreply 107September 8, 2022 12:13 AM

The other thing about our new LA mosquitos is, they bite right through your clothes, before you even know what's happening. I just felt an itch on my leg, under my pants, and sure enough another bump. Nothing helps. Not a bug zapper. Not a beeswax or citronella candle. Not Avon skin-so-soft. HELP!

by Anonymousreply 108September 8, 2022 1:05 AM

Today was just car accident central. Before I even left the house, there was a traffic report of accidents on Rt. 80 in Morris County at exits 28 and 34 going eastbound. I live just off exit 30 so everyone was exiting onto the local roads. To go about 15 miles, took me 45 minutes. Then, I'm 2 traffic lights from my office complex and there's a huge multi-car pile up at the jug handle (or loop).

The loop has 3 lanes that cross a 4 lane street. It looked like someone ran the light, hit the first car coming out of the loop, who then got pushed into the 2nd and 3rd laned cars. What a mess! Everyone seemed to be OK and the police were there.

by Anonymousreply 109September 14, 2022 4:44 PM

I just got back from a weekend trip to Vegas. My first time there, I had managed to avoid it up to now. I thought it was mostly disgusting although I found the opulent resorts impressive for what they were. The strip itself was gross. So many ugly people. As always when I travel these days, I was struck by how fat everyone was, stuffed into skintight tube tops and daisy dukes with their guts, muffin tops and floppy tits proudly on display. Also the pounding music everywhere you went. Overwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 110September 26, 2022 3:26 PM

I was scrolling through Scruff and came across a new profile. "Homeless Top".

by Anonymousreply 111October 9, 2022 3:52 AM

What is a greasy poop?

by Anonymousreply 112June 1, 2023 6:10 PM

Ever seen the shit that comes out of Canadian Geese, R112?

That is greasy poop.

by Anonymousreply 113June 1, 2023 6:45 PM

I have to take a leak now but I'm sitting at my computer typing here on the datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 114June 2, 2023 4:28 AM

I just got that little fireworks pinwheel display that the Apple watch does when you complete all three of your fitness goals for the day.

I’m going to bed now. This watch is running me ragged. Either that or I’m easily whelmed.

by Anonymousreply 115June 7, 2023 3:43 AM

I'm whelmed by the guy obsessed with the card that was returned to sender.

by Anonymousreply 116June 7, 2023 4:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!