Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WTF is Sotomayer doing?

Praising Clarence Thomas?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 22, 2022 1:38 PM

Whether or not we think they should, they all seem to look out for/respect/get along with each other. I guess it's the whole "only nine of us know what it's like" thing.

by Anonymousreply 1June 21, 2022 3:34 AM

She's giving us "Bothsidesism." As irritating and counterproductive as when the allegedly liberal media does it.

Fuck you, Supreme Court Justices. You should all be replaced.

by Anonymousreply 2June 21, 2022 3:36 AM

Maybe she’s planning on killing him and is trying to preemptively throw investigators off?

Fingers crossed.

by Anonymousreply 3June 21, 2022 3:37 AM

In the end, these types will close ranks to save their asses.

by Anonymousreply 4June 21, 2022 3:41 AM

O Dear God. And Clarence Thomas is THE worst. He was so pissed by his hearings that he has aligned himself with the most conservative rulings ever just to stick it to the Libs. Watch crybaby Kavanaugh do the same. Kavanaugh must be the most unqualified SPJ ever by the way.

by Anonymousreply 5June 21, 2022 4:05 AM

I still support her.

by Anonymousreply 6June 21, 2022 6:59 PM

cunt sez what about the immoral creep?

by Anonymousreply 7June 21, 2022 7:01 PM

RBG did the same thing with her friendship with Scalia, who was pure evil IMO. People like Clarence Thomas want us gays dead. I don't think there's any friendship to be had with them.

I get the extending the olive branch, but there are family people and co-workers that I don't even try to befriend anymore because they're MAGAts and a lost cause. Maybe Sonia should just not say anything. Don't waste your time on these people is my perspective.

by Anonymousreply 8June 21, 2022 7:04 PM

You know what? I find his politics abhorrent but I do admire his work ethic. His autobiography, My Grandfather’s Son, was really good. But yeah I wish he would resign

by Anonymousreply 9June 21, 2022 7:04 PM

r5, I'm pretty sure Coney Barrett is even less qualified. (Not that Kavanaugh isn't a trainwreck himself.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 21, 2022 7:13 PM

Liberals are pussies and pushovers, just like the Deplorables believe.

by Anonymousreply 11June 21, 2022 7:24 PM

Term Limits

by Anonymousreply 12June 21, 2022 7:27 PM

It doesn't matter if Thomas "cares deeply about the court." His wife tried actively to overthrow the government.

In any other place, both would have been executed.

by Anonymousreply 13June 21, 2022 7:33 PM

Does anyone believe any words from the wife that they don't discuss their "work." I suppose she wears a muzzle at home.

by Anonymousreply 14June 21, 2022 7:41 PM

Oh, come on! These are all lawyers and judges; they get hyper-excited by these Constitutional questions. They don't 'vote' on these decisions. That's not how it's done at all! Obviously, they all strip off their robes and have big bi orgies behind those closed court doors! There's nothing under those robes but pharmaceutically excited old flesh - waves of lubed-up wrinkles. Bottom line is, whoever makes the wildest whoppee writes the decision. That's how it's always been done; from what I imagine, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 15June 21, 2022 7:50 PM

Did Clarence put a pubic hair on Sonia's Coke can or ask her to watch Long Dong Silver movies with him and Ginni?

by Anonymousreply 16June 21, 2022 7:52 PM

He's a corrupt piece of shit and she knows it

by Anonymousreply 17June 22, 2022 10:39 AM

To me, it sounds like she's doing PR for the Supreme Court, and I don't care for the fact that a sitting justice thinks the Supreme Court needs some good PR.

What the Supreme Court needs to do is uphold the law and the Constitution, without being beholden to any political, partisan leanings, and without bias. Screw making yourselves look good. Screw putting out PR to make you all look unbiased and like just regular folks. Thomas is compromised by his wife's actions, Kavanaugh and Coney Barrett are unqualified far-right political plants, and the longer the court ignores that and pretends it's not a problem, the more obvious it is that the entire SCOTUS is compromised.

Telling cute stories about how Thomas is such a nice guy is insulting, in this context.

by Anonymousreply 18June 22, 2022 10:55 AM

Just another in a long line of people of all shapes and colors and ethnicities and parties telling us FUCK YOU I'VE GOT MINE.

by Anonymousreply 19June 22, 2022 1:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!