Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Upcoming George Michael Freedom Uncut

I had no idea this doc was in the works. It looks fantastic!

What a coincidence I just discovered this as I was just recently listening to Mary J. Blige's collab with him doing a cover of Stevie Wonders' "As".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 11, 2022 8:32 PM

Isn’t this a couple years old? This looks exactly like the doc I watched a couple years ago.

by Anonymousreply 1June 20, 2022 11:49 PM

That's what I was wondering. Didn't this air on British TV a few years ago and now it's being screened in North America?

by Anonymousreply 2June 20, 2022 11:50 PM

Might be a different newer one. One of my local theaters already pre-selling tickets for it and says it's coming out on June 22.

by Anonymousreply 3June 20, 2022 11:50 PM

R3 here, either that or they're re-showing it in honor of Pride month

by Anonymousreply 4June 20, 2022 11:51 PM

I saw tonight's screening, it is fantastic! This version (uncut) has 40 minutes additional footage that was cut television version.

by Anonymousreply 5June 23, 2022 9:15 AM

He was not uncut.

by Anonymousreply 6June 23, 2022 9:42 AM

He was working on it before he died. So some of it is dated, some updated. Curious to see it.

by Anonymousreply 7June 23, 2022 9:56 AM

They are having additional screenings this weekend in Southern California. Check the website to see if it's playing near you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 24, 2022 7:12 AM

This is the same film that was released a few years ago with a bit of extra footage. The state are trying to pass this off as something brand new, useless fuckers that they are. The best thing that could happen to George’s music is for the estate to sell it on and let people who know what they are doing deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 9June 24, 2022 7:21 AM

He's a Brit so naturally its uncut.

by Anonymousreply 10June 24, 2022 7:47 AM

R11 many dataloungers who actually saw it would beg to differ with you

by Anonymousreply 11June 25, 2022 1:38 AM

R9 I think it’s that friend of his David Austen running the music side of the estate. Not sure either that is the right person to be handling it all.

by Anonymousreply 12June 25, 2022 1:39 AM

R9 40 mins is not a bit of extra footage.

by Anonymousreply 13June 25, 2022 5:36 AM

R9

The directors are credited as “George Michael and David Austin” and when shown on TV in 2017, Freedom ran for 95 minutes. Then in 2018 a ‘Director’s Cut’ version, which ran for 114 minutes, was screened at over 25 festivals, including the Edinburgh International Film Festival and the Raindance Film Festival. It won a total of five ‘Best Documentary’ awards. The newly announced Freedom Uncut runs for 108 minutes, meaning it’s actually six minutes shorter than the Director’s Cut shown in those festivals in 2018.

by Anonymousreply 14June 25, 2022 7:17 AM

Apologies, that was meant for R13

by Anonymousreply 15June 25, 2022 7:17 AM

Was there ever a proper thread about this doc?

by Anonymousreply 16September 11, 2022 8:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!