Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Covid related changes on Price is Right

I had not watched it in many years, but recently noticed instead of a normal audience they now have these little pod like things where just two or three people sit together. Obviously, the audience is now not even a quarter of what it use to be. Also, when the contestant comes up on stage, you hear Drew Carey saying, "stand over there on the dollar sign." In other words, stay a certain distance away from me. What a bunch of ridiculous changes and rules!

by Anonymousreply 9June 26, 2022 12:40 PM

Yes, how dare a classic game show evolve in light of a global pandemic that disrupted life as we know it!

by Anonymousreply 1June 20, 2022 7:29 PM

America's Got Talent has it exactly right, big audiences again and NO masks! Unlike the late night talk shows that still have mask requirements.

by Anonymousreply 2June 20, 2022 11:54 PM

Price is Right should be boycotted for this shit.

by Anonymousreply 3June 23, 2022 1:33 AM

I see other than my reply, the remainder of this thread has all been the same person (thanks DL for the 'block" tips)

by Anonymousreply 4June 26, 2022 2:30 AM

The Price is Right (and OP's mother, in whose basement he lives,) suggests that OP get OP get a job.

The Price is Right is okay with the minor dip in ratings.

by Anonymousreply 5June 26, 2022 2:33 AM

Why did they stop having James and Devin appear shirtless?

by Anonymousreply 6June 26, 2022 6:06 AM

OP, is the audience masked?

by Anonymousreply 7June 26, 2022 12:07 PM

TPIR is still fun to watch and exciting when a contestant wins. The changes don't bother me at all, and the prizes seem bigger as well. I still enjoy the show in the morning and specials at night on CBS. Drew is a fun unassuming host that puts the players at ease. :-)

by Anonymousreply 8June 26, 2022 12:20 PM

The current format is an improvement; the first taped season after covid began was NO audience, just four podiums on a flat stage. They still tried to do the "Come on Down!" but it was awful. The contestants had to run out from behind a curtain and hype it up for themselves. I've also heard that some game shows told the crew to start cheering and filling in for the absent audience.

The "pod" setup is an improvement for sure. Reminds me of the Let's Make a Deal audience set.

James has been shirtless recently! I just watched an episode where he was in a pair of swim trunks for someone's prize package during their pricing game. Then there was a commercial break, then TPIR comes back and there's James, still just in trunks for another outdoor/ beachy themed prize being bid on in Contestants Row.

What I really hate is that they got rid of a lot of bulb-lit set elements and now have those hideous TV screens with the constantly- floating graphics.

by Anonymousreply 9June 26, 2022 12:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!