Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

5 Protest Drag Queen Storyhour in Winston-Salem; 200 Counterprotest

That’s how you fight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 22, 2022 11:24 AM

Exactly, OP.

We ALL need to be ready to unite, mobilize and launch every single fucking time these bigoted, Nazi wanna be fascists show up in every single town.

Since Trump became POTUS, I’ve been on here crowing about how we are sliding into authoritarianism, which leads into fascism, and eventually, totalitarianism expressed and legislated through theocracy.

I’ve questioned myself throughout the years. I constantly check myself, genuinely asking myself if I’m being a drama queen, and now? Here we are.

Every single thing I thought could happen is happening, and I see absolutely no end to it.

This is NEVER going away. It’s too entrenched and it’s literally war for the hearts, minds and votes of every single American.

The United States was not designed to be what the GOP wants, or what they pretend they want when flapping their gums on media, which is a Christian nation.

This is one of the BIGGEST reasons (not the only reason) why the Brits wanted to be free of their King and their oppressors back home. They came here, and fought HARD so that we could have the freedom to worship or NOT worship whatever the he’ll we wanted to worship or not worship.

What the Evangelical Christians cannot seem to grasp is that if they get what they want, which is a theocracy, we become just like the Muslim countries they claim to hate so much because they oppress women and children by making them wear burkas or study the Quran, praying 5 times a day.

If it’s so bad for them to be oppressed in this manner, then why do they want Americans oppressed as well? We know the answer: the dissonance prevails amongst them because they isolate themselves within their Bible and churches.

But the Bible and the church is NOT what makes America a democracy. The right to choose to NOT attend church to NOT read the Bible and to do so if one chooses to, without any interference from others, is part of what makes us a democracy.

These Christians have slipped COMFORTABLY into Christ-Fascism, and they just cannot seem to wrap their heads around the concept that this is EXACTLY the same playbook which outlines how Iran became what it is today.

That’s not democracy. That’s not what are founding fathers envisioned. It’s one of the MOST un-American things any American can do: insisting that others live exactly like YOU say they should live because YOUR God told you so, and fuck anyone else who disagrees, to the point where freedom, body autonomy and the constitution can go to hell.

I encourage anyone here who hasn’t intricately studied the rise of the Nazi party from actual unbiased, unfettered educational sources, to do so.

If you are a true American patriot, you must wake the hell up already. You must understand that THIS is how it begins. The hatred of others, the disenfranchisement of voters, the decimation of voting mechanisms and the undoing of the voting apparatus via gerrymandering and redl-lining

ALL OF IT IS HOW ONE UNDOES A DEMOCRACY.

I sincerely hope that Americans realize that every single witness testifying in the 1/6 Hearings are all lifetime conservatives who are part of the GOP. They are NOT liberals.

But you know what they are?

They’re Americans who respect and uphold the rule of law.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 19, 2022 5:15 PM

Cont. from R1:

FOX News is NOT a representation of our conservatives who work government. The saddest thing about this is that most Americans who watch this shit cannot get it through their heads that a foreign corporation that is owned by a billionaire Australian, is peddling news on HIS behalf and on the behalf of the Chinese billionaires he is beholden to, who seek to destroy and cripple our democracy.

The Chinese aka the CCP, now own most of Australia as far as real estate and business are concerned- and that is the MAJOR influence that drives FOX News and what it reports to its audience. They are directed and driven by Kremlin influences and dark money from Russian oligarchs. They are now fused as one and are the same when it comes to the disinformation campaigns launched against America.

Conservatives need to wake the fuck up. And I’m furious at the Democratic Party for not calling this out as for what it is EXACTLY, because they too, are power and money hungry.

by Anonymousreply 2June 19, 2022 5:17 PM

I’m proud of Winston!

by Anonymousreply 3June 20, 2022 7:51 PM

Drag Queen Story Hour sounds like something Republicans invented.

by Anonymousreply 4June 21, 2022 10:22 PM

True

by Anonymousreply 5June 22, 2022 11:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!