Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Did You Go To School With Someone Famous?

Share your stories here.

by Anonymousreply 152July 1, 2022 8:52 PM

Andrew Cunanan, but didn't know him

by Anonymousreply 1June 19, 2022 2:14 PM

No. But he has four SuperBowl rings that I know of. He was an asshole. He stepped on my glasses during monkeyshine idiocy in the locker room in high school.

by Anonymousreply 2June 19, 2022 2:18 PM

^WFT?

by Anonymousreply 3June 19, 2022 2:19 PM

Yes, Sean Hayes

by Anonymousreply 4June 19, 2022 2:20 PM

Nellie Oleson, of Oleson's Mercantile - she was a real little cunt.

by Anonymousreply 5June 19, 2022 2:20 PM

Details about Sean, please.

by Anonymousreply 6June 19, 2022 2:21 PM

I was a freshman, and a little guy named Shaquille was a senior. The first few months of HS, I thought he was a teacher or PE coach.

by Anonymousreply 7June 19, 2022 2:22 PM

Famous adjacent:

1. Pamela Sousa - Dancer, choreographer. I think she was in several Fosse products, Pippin, A Chorus Line on Broadway.

2. Greg Adams - trumpet player, Tower of Power

3. Michael Shrieve - drummer, Santana (Woodstock). Little did Michael know that his appearance at 19 would be the pinnacle of his career.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 19, 2022 2:23 PM

Rene Russo, she had the best energy and was kind to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2022 2:24 PM

Elementary school with Patty Duke. No stories, just a nice girl. She did have to drop out (of grammar school!) when she started rehearsals for Miracle Worker play....

by Anonymousreply 10June 19, 2022 2:26 PM

I went to school with women who have been in national commercials, tv, movies, cover of magazines—but they are not household names.

by Anonymousreply 11June 19, 2022 2:27 PM

Freshman year at the same high school as Jim Parsons before my family moved. Saw him in our school production of Noises Off. Very nice, very funny, and very queeny even then 😃

by Anonymousreply 12June 19, 2022 3:01 PM

I went to high school with a serial killer named Vernon Butts. Does that count?

by Anonymousreply 13June 19, 2022 4:04 PM

Ted McGinley

by Anonymousreply 14June 19, 2022 4:12 PM

I got out before him but Christopher McCandless went to the same HS I did.

by Anonymousreply 15June 19, 2022 5:12 PM

r13, we need a concurrent "Did you go to school with someone infamous?" thread. Your reply would certainly qualify.

A new colleague of mine went to high school with Jared Padelecki. He was a budding jerk.

by Anonymousreply 16June 19, 2022 5:28 PM

I grew up with a family—sister and two brothers—who were kid models and locally famous. They always were in the Sears catalog, which was a big deal back then, and tv commercials.

All of the neighborhood kids—me included—were horrible to them. Because, of course, we all were pea green with jealosy. One of them played the younger version of Conrad Jarrett in Ordinary People.

They were nice kids who didn’t deserve the treatment we doled out. Their mom looked just like Patsy Ramsey! But she seemed nice, too.

by Anonymousreply 17June 19, 2022 5:36 PM

Yes, I graduated with Hillary Clinton's younger brother Tony Rodham. My older sister graduated with Hugh Rodham. Hillary graduated three years ahead of my sister. Maine South High School, Park Ridge, Il. Yeah!

by Anonymousreply 18June 19, 2022 5:58 PM

3 people. 1 is married to one of the most successful musicians in the world, 1 plays guitar for a band that's sold 100 million albums, and 1 is an award-winning writer whose work you would know. But when we were in school the girl who had the most cache was a catalog model in "the city". We were awed to see how a tall, horse-faced, big-nosed, girl could be transformed into a striking amazon beauty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 19, 2022 6:24 PM

Yes, Peter Krause. We were friends. I've talked about it here before.

by Anonymousreply 20June 19, 2022 6:27 PM

Crown Prince Haakon of Norway at UC Berkeley.

by Anonymousreply 21June 19, 2022 6:33 PM

^ Peter Krause, verificatia of sizemeat, please

by Anonymousreply 22June 19, 2022 6:48 PM

Jill “Joey” Soloway. Contrary to what they say, they were popular in school. I feel that since their father and sister were trans and lesbian, they needed to feel unique as well.

by Anonymousreply 23June 19, 2022 6:58 PM

It's astonishing to realize that r22 believes that pretending to be Erna/Mrs. Patrick Campbell would ever elicit a response from anyone.

by Anonymousreply 24June 19, 2022 7:26 PM

No but a number of people who wanted to be famous actors. None of their lives turned out as they would have liked but they clung on in the fringes of the business.

by Anonymousreply 25June 19, 2022 7:45 PM

Courtney Cox… she was pretty and nice, but kind of a bore.

by Anonymousreply 26June 19, 2022 9:05 PM

^ I know her brother Richard really well. Big crazy redneck 🙄

by Anonymousreply 27June 19, 2022 9:15 PM

Levar Burton, Dean Paul Martin, Ted McGinley

by Anonymousreply 28June 19, 2022 10:02 PM

Jesse Lee Soffer (Chicago P.D.) moved to my town in middle school. This was right after he did the Brady Bunch movie so everyone called him Bobby Brady for a while. He was chill and just rolled with it and it eventually stopped. He left our high school after freshman or sophomore year to go to a private school.

He was a decent guy. Kind of quiet. Wore a UCLA baseball hat throughout freshman year. Idk if he ended up going there.

by Anonymousreply 29June 19, 2022 10:12 PM

A Today Show host.

by Anonymousreply 30June 19, 2022 10:18 PM

Kay Lenz

by Anonymousreply 31June 19, 2022 10:23 PM

I used to work with Dawson(of the 50 load fame)... I was not surprised to see him at the local gay bars... he was not very nice at work

by Anonymousreply 32June 19, 2022 10:23 PM

^ You should've offered a load - or 20

by Anonymousreply 33June 19, 2022 10:30 PM

My husbands daughter went to school with Ashton Kutcher. His first name is Chris. He was good looking then and goofy. His family is still here and he visits frequently. I first encountered him in a photo on a refrigerator. It was taken during his modeling years.

by Anonymousreply 34June 19, 2022 10:51 PM

Went to college with countertenor David Daniels, but I've mentioned that like 30 times on DL now.

by Anonymousreply 35June 20, 2022 12:01 AM

[quote]Did You Go To School With Someone Famous?

I meant to write, "Did you or anyone you know go to school with someone famous? And if it's a man - tell about his private parts, nude sightings, and any sexy times, etc. etc. etc."

by Anonymousreply 36June 20, 2022 12:04 AM

R7 Judson? Did you know his girlfriend Arnetta?

I had a few fairly well-known classmates or alumni: Sean Patrick Flanery (Powder, Young Indiana Jones, Bookdock Saints) and Paul Begala are the only two I can think of right now.

by Anonymousreply 37June 20, 2022 12:10 AM

We didnt go at the same time but Kamala Harris's husband went to my high school.

by Anonymousreply 38June 20, 2022 12:12 AM

I went to Northwestern, so yes. But I assume you mean high school.

by Anonymousreply 39June 20, 2022 12:16 AM

Kyle Chandler was a pledge at my fraternity just a semester or so before I graduated.

I didn't really know him - it was kind of a big fraternity - but he was a very nice guy by all accounts.

He was a theater major - and I graduated - I think he deactivated once he started getting regular work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 20, 2022 12:21 AM

Cornel West…..pompous jerk.

Barbie Benton…..bubbly, drive this pink fringed open air keep.

by Anonymousreply 41June 20, 2022 12:23 AM

Ok, “drove” “Jeep”

Oh, deer….

by Anonymousreply 42June 20, 2022 12:24 AM

Sacramento trivia -- Barbi Benton's cousin was my parents' realtor in the late '80s. She said she got a lot of referrals on the basis of her cousin dropping her name or handing out cards. The realtor didn't have the Benton name, but managed to play on it.

by Anonymousreply 43June 20, 2022 12:43 AM

I'm the one that posted about Ted McGinley, and we went to high school and college together. He was always incredibly nice, and hotter than hell. There was one party where everyone was skinny dipping, and I got a nice ass view.

by Anonymousreply 44June 20, 2022 12:47 AM

I went to Sunday School with Greg Louganis. Very quiet.

by Anonymousreply 45June 20, 2022 1:14 AM

Bob Paris and Mike Pence.

by Anonymousreply 46June 20, 2022 2:39 AM

R40 Kyle’s daughter Sawyer was my son's classmate throughout high school and yes, he is incredibly nice. Very normal.

by Anonymousreply 47June 20, 2022 3:01 AM

My mom went to high school with Markie Post and Katherine Ross

by Anonymousreply 48June 20, 2022 3:33 AM

We were classmates in Catholic gade school with one of the Mars family (candy) boys.

We recall he was tall, very hot, with acne scars.

Already at that age he caused our ovaries to ovulate!

by Anonymousreply 49June 20, 2022 6:04 AM

I went to high school with Scott Hamilton.

by Anonymousreply 50June 20, 2022 6:50 AM

Justin Long, Anne Hathaway, Sam Endicott (The Bravery) and a host of others working in the fine/performing arts.

Justin was a total sweetheart, Anne was very nice (only met her a handful of times, as she entered school after I graduated and I knew her through other students).

Sam was kind of a dick but very sexy and had buckets of charisma. Had a band that was basically All The Hot Dudes.

The Freak Parade, the Croquet Club, Fat Tuesdays at E-block...

It was a weird time.

by Anonymousreply 51June 20, 2022 7:03 AM

I was the flower girl at Thomas Alva Edison's wedding.

by Anonymousreply 52June 20, 2022 7:13 AM

R35- I went to college with David Daniels too. We had the same voice teacher.

by Anonymousreply 53June 20, 2022 7:22 AM

Wow, David Daniels got fat.

He should've hired a trainer instead of a voice teacher.

by Anonymousreply 54June 20, 2022 7:25 AM

Many.

I won't drop names here but other relevant bits I'd share

in the greater community, both Sybil Danning and Dee Wallace 'volunteered' acting classes for kids- no fanfare, literally offered through the community center, as if it was nothing, when they lived in the surrounding area. And that sort of thing was rather common. NFL members giving pointers to the little leagues, usually though because their kid in it.

Frankly, to give you a better idea, I think most of the people in area's first job was as an extra... as it was popular backdrop for many shows and films. Mostly westerns and period pieces, as it was still a semi-rural area while I was growing up. There wasn't oohs and ahhs with celebrity... it was normalized and if they were active there, it was usually during their career's off period. So, they didn't have the attraction of crazed fans or paps. And most understood that when they did, it was better to isolate themselves than shutdown traffic or create a spectacle that would inconvenience everyone else.

Besides, of those I attended school with and later gained fame. . . it's the same as anyone else you went to school with. Most are bigger wankers now than they were back then.

by Anonymousreply 55June 20, 2022 8:06 AM

Wow. Just googled. David Daniels has been in trouble with the law.

by Anonymousreply 56June 20, 2022 8:07 AM

@r55, So, you went to school somewhere around LA (Hidden Hills?) and naturally met a lot of celebrities. It's Ok, we won't tell 😉

by Anonymousreply 57June 20, 2022 8:15 AM

R55, boring! Dee Wallace? 😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 58June 20, 2022 8:39 AM

I went to a local community college with Johnny Marr from The Smiths. He was loads of fun and the coolest kid I'd ever met.

by Anonymousreply 59June 20, 2022 8:41 AM

r57 a bit further out in the boonies but not that far away. same difference, tho.

Mostly not naming it is to avoid the conflict of perspectives than retaining anonymity outright. . .

And, what stories could I share, really, that most people are relatively dull. It would just end up as odd trivia like the combination of orange juice and bolonga made someone puke.. and they found it to be an entertaining lunchtime "trick"

r58 Yes, quite boring., I thought about some of the bigger names but I thought those two would be interesting given it might not be expected of them or the appropriateness. . . particularly with the type of roles they did.. in this era of safe spaces and why won't anyone think about the children, the innocent, children.

by Anonymousreply 60June 20, 2022 8:48 AM

Why even bother to post then?

by Anonymousreply 61June 20, 2022 8:51 AM

r61 insomnia, nostalgia, therapy, mindless nostalgic indulgence.

We could ask what is the point of the thread?

Ooh, you went to school with someone famous. . . what were they like as a kid? They considered paste to be height of cuisine.

by Anonymousreply 62June 20, 2022 8:55 AM

,🖕🖕🖕

by Anonymousreply 63June 20, 2022 8:59 AM

@r62, Don't sell yourself short, we'd all like to know what the Kardashians were *really* like in school 🙄

by Anonymousreply 64June 20, 2022 9:04 AM

r64 That's well known... one only has to look at Paris and Nikki to have a recap on that.

by Anonymousreply 65June 20, 2022 9:05 AM

I went to school with Greg from DataLounge.

Yes, he was fat and pretentious then and he pretended to be straight.

He used a candlelabra in the lunchroom.

by Anonymousreply 66June 20, 2022 10:31 AM

Famous athletes who were the "big men" on campus at Fresno State: Trent Dilfer and Jeff Weaver. I was acquainted with Jeff, not Trent.

by Anonymousreply 67June 20, 2022 10:32 AM

I don't understand people like R66. Why would you think that was funny?

by Anonymousreply 68June 20, 2022 1:16 PM

R48 Your mom must have been in high school for a long time - 10 years between when those 2 graduated.

by Anonymousreply 69June 20, 2022 1:28 PM

^ Mom was kind of slow 🙄

by Anonymousreply 70June 20, 2022 1:30 PM

Went to high school with Jennie Garth. She and her friends made fun of the alternative kids(me). She used to spray her bangs straight up to the gods and was quite ugly. Still is.

by Anonymousreply 71June 20, 2022 1:44 PM

I went to high school with John Bolger, who was in "Parting Glances'. Excellent movie. Bolger was the only wrong note in the movie. He's done a lot of soaps and episodic TV over the years. His great uncle was Ray Bolger.

Went to college with Bill Pullman. He directed me in a play. I was horrible and it was the only acting I have ever done. I have no idea why he cast me; I was only there because a good friend (female) was auditioning, and we walked over together from the meal hall. He asked me to read. Nice guy, and very hot.

An elementary school teacher once told me (years later) that I went to school with and knew Joe Dallesandro. The town is correct but the ages are off, so I'm not sure I "knew" him. He may have just been a friend in the neighborhood.

I think that's it.

by Anonymousreply 72June 20, 2022 1:46 PM

R69 then her story was supposed to be that they went to the same high school. She’s 74, give her a break

by Anonymousreply 73June 20, 2022 2:58 PM

Blinken in Paris.

by Anonymousreply 74June 20, 2022 7:28 PM

My older sister went to high school with Jane Kaczmarek from “Malcolm in the Middle.” She was super-brainy and came from a conservative Catholic family.

My sister’s best friend dated Violent Femmes lead singer Gordon Gano, whom I remember as having a quick sense of humor and being a bit nerdy.

My cousin graduated with “Third Rock” and “SATC”’s Kristen Johnson. She was already ridiculously talented and loaded with star quality, even as a high schooler.

We also lived near Dan Janssen, the Olympic speed skater. Incredibly shy, but a sweet kid with humility and drive.

by Anonymousreply 75June 20, 2022 8:35 PM

If I had lived anywhere near Dan Jansen, he wouldn't have been able to get me off of him.

by Anonymousreply 76June 20, 2022 8:50 PM

Naomi Klein

by Anonymousreply 77June 20, 2022 9:26 PM

I went to a few different schools, but Leslie Sykes (news, ABC) was at my first school, grades before me; Marc Brown of ABC News went to my 2nd school, grades before me; and a classmate's sister is Diana Lee Inosanto, actress/stuntwoman, martial artist, whose father, Dan Inosanto trained with Bruce Lee. They were a big deal at my school.

by Anonymousreply 78June 20, 2022 9:31 PM

R53 - that would be funny if we know each other. I was the same class as David and was a piano major under Santos Ojeda. I don't remember who David's teacher was, only that he got on him NOT to use his countertenor voice.

by Anonymousreply 79June 20, 2022 10:10 PM

Only trash went to those public high schools, Miss r18.

WE graduated from Fenwick.

by Anonymousreply 80June 21, 2022 5:36 AM

^ Fenwick 8 Year Trailer Park High School, Bumfuk Alabama

We know 🙄

by Anonymousreply 81June 21, 2022 5:45 AM

R80, Greg posting under another name.

by Anonymousreply 82June 21, 2022 5:49 AM

R59 Johnny Marr...That is incredible!! I've met him before, he's the coolest.

by Anonymousreply 83June 21, 2022 6:06 AM

Brad Pitt. Kickapoo High School, Springfield MO. No joke.

by Anonymousreply 84June 21, 2022 6:07 AM

r84 Locker room? Are those playgirl pics accurate?

by Anonymousreply 85June 21, 2022 6:11 AM

Hell, I forgot Lance Kerwin and Kelly McGillis

by Anonymousreply 86June 21, 2022 6:12 AM

Elmo Lincoln, the first Tarzan. People are shocked when I tell them. Probably because I look younger than my age.

by Anonymousreply 87June 21, 2022 6:13 AM

This was college rather than high school.

by Anonymousreply 88June 21, 2022 6:17 AM

[quote]3 people. 1 is married to one of the most successful musicians in the world, 1 plays guitar for a band that's sold 100 million albums, and 1 is an award-winning writer whose work you would know. But when we were in school the girl who had the most cache was a catalog model in "the city". We were awed to see how a tall, horse-faced, big-nosed, girl could be transformed into a striking amazon beauty.

Why bother posting?! You didn't give us any info. I actually know a very famous guitarist, but we didn't go to school together. We grew up on different coasts, we know each other through our work. So, I don't have to name him.

I attended one of the most prestigious art high schools in the US, many famous people attended this high school. Most are now super famous, such as Marc Jacobs.

Steven Meisel, one of the worlds most famous fashion photographers also attended this high school, he was there years before I attended. A mutual friend was a close friend of his when they were younger, the mutual friend talked Steven into changing from sketching and painting to photography, the rest is history. Steven worked as a fashion illustrator for awhile, but was already honing his photography skills at that point. Only part of the story explaining how he got hired as a photographer is true.

btw, the woman in the jeans video was cute, she didn't have a horse face or a big nose.

by Anonymousreply 89June 21, 2022 6:36 AM

Benicio del Toro was in middle school when I was a high school senior. Also went to college with David Duchovny (same class) and David E. Kelly (three years older than me, but we were in shows together). Brooke Shields, same college, but 5 years younger.

by Anonymousreply 90June 21, 2022 6:39 AM

I'm the richest guy... But I won't tell you how rich

I'm the smartest guy... But I won't tell you how smart

I'm the hottest guy... But I won't post a picture

Yeah, we get it 🙄

by Anonymousreply 91June 21, 2022 6:40 AM

Someone should start "who's the most successful person of your class" thread.

by Anonymousreply 92June 21, 2022 7:36 AM

Dear God how old are you fuckers?

by Anonymousreply 93June 21, 2022 7:55 AM

Mostly eventually Olympic athletes, surfers and a few actors at mine.

by Anonymousreply 94June 21, 2022 7:55 AM

[quote] Yes, I graduated with Hillary Clinton's younger brother Tony Rodham. My older sister graduated with Hugh Rodham. Hillary graduated three years ahead of my sister. Maine South High School, Park Ridge, Il. Yeah!

You nor your sister actually went to school with someone famous. You both attended the same school as someone who is famous (Hillary Clinton).

by Anonymousreply 95June 21, 2022 9:10 AM

^ Who the fuck are you?

by Anonymousreply 96June 21, 2022 9:13 AM

80s one hit wonder Stacy Q (Two of Hearts) was two grades ahead of me, and the same grade as my brother. she had a very mature, beautiful face for her age, and her name at the time was Stacy Swain. She was popular and as a cheerleader, she could do the slips the hard way. And when a hypnotist appeared as a very memorable assembly and chose a handful students and told one of them that she was "stiff and unbendable, like a piece of steel" and straddled said student between the tops of two folding chairs and stood on her mid-section and she did not bend at all, who do you think he chose? Yep, Stacy Swain.

by Anonymousreply 97June 21, 2022 10:20 AM

^That's so funny, we had a hypnotist come to our school too! Why would school bring in a hypnotist? Probably wouldn't be allowed today.

by Anonymousreply 98June 21, 2022 2:26 PM

Nope but was friends with a woman who went to Georgetown with Bradley Cooper. Apparently she was in an English class with him. Said he was good looking, had a girlfriend, and was sort of popular/well known on campus.

by Anonymousreply 99June 21, 2022 2:38 PM

Are you the datalounger who claims to have been in retirement since 1980? R87

by Anonymousreply 100June 21, 2022 2:57 PM

[quote]Dear God how old are you fuckers?

[bold]Dear God how YOUNG are you fuckers? [/bold]

The young posters here don't have many interesting stories to tell, I'd rather hear from the eldergay DLers. Eldergays have lived through amazing eras of music, art and film. Lots of young people, especially hipsters, simply steal from those eras.

by Anonymousreply 101June 22, 2022 4:46 PM

^ I like you 🙂

by Anonymousreply 102June 22, 2022 5:05 PM

Eldergay here, and former actor.

I went to NYU (88-92) with:

Sarah Silverman, who was a real mean girl, and not nearly as funny as she later became.

Members of The State (later Reno 911): Ben Garant, Ken Marino, Michael Ian Black (real name Schwartz), Kerri Kenney, Joe LoTruglio, et al. Joe has appeared in quite a few projects in recent years. Most of these guys were very frat boy and immature in college, and kind of mean.

Craig Wedren of "Shudder to Think" - who used to date Kerri Kenney. Super nice guy and very funny.

Concetta Kirschner (aka Princess Superstar) - who had an unbearable crush on Craig W., and wouldn't leave him alone. I guess he was used to the groupie vibe.

Antony Hegarty (now known as Anohni) - very shy, sweet, and very talented. Had a few very nice conversations with him. He was a real creative force even in college, and one of the truly unique students there, amongst a sea of mediocrity. I never really liked his singing voice though. I thought he was a wonderful composer, and able to gather many creative folks into his wild theater endeavors in the East Village in the early 90s.

Lauren Bowles (sister of Julia Louis Dreyfus), she may be remembered for a major supporting role in True Blood. Pretty blond lady, and super nice. Did many scene classes with her, and a couple plays.

Jeremy Shamos (ended up doing many Broadway shows) - dated Lauren for a while, he always wore John Lennon glasses and was very nice yet very sedate. I was surprised to see him have such personality when he made it on Bway.

Patrick Fischler (husband to Lauren), I did a couple plays with him. Very nice, very hyper. Small doses. He ended up doing supporting work in a lot of random films and TV shows, like Lost.

Jesse L. Martin (Rent, Law & Order) - very nice guy, always smiling and laughing, but kind to everyone.

Chandra Wilson (Grey's Anatomy) - best friends with Jesse, worked as a security guard in my dorm. Used to talk to her about a lot of stuff, and was happy to see her make it big.

And, lots of randos that I see pop up from time to time in bit parts on TV and film.

by Anonymousreply 103June 22, 2022 5:18 PM

Based on all the threads about famous people DLers have known, interacted with, or observed, theater people seem much nicer and well-grounded than their Hollywood counterparts.

by Anonymousreply 104June 22, 2022 9:03 PM

I agree. Now shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 105June 23, 2022 3:15 AM

Narciso Rodriguez. He was gone after junior year, either voluntarily or academic reasons.

by Anonymousreply 106June 23, 2022 3:27 AM

A Dateline host and sometimes morning show contributor. Very polished now but was a total stunned monosyllabic pothead and slob in college. Rich family though who opened doors. I still chuckle a little to myself when I see this person on tv and how different they seem vs then.

by Anonymousreply 107June 23, 2022 3:34 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108June 23, 2022 3:39 AM

Democratic Pennsylvania State Senator Mike Stack. At St. Christopher's on Procter Road.

by Anonymousreply 109June 23, 2022 5:00 AM

A comedian who had a few sort of movie hits as a main and as a side character in the mid late 90’s. I think other stuff has been behind the scenes involvement.

Was wacky growing up. Everything he’d say or do was off the wall. He’s a nice person though. He’s probably got the perfect amount of Hollywood success. A nice home in the Hills and other trappings of wealth, and just enough fame to have some loyal fans but not so much that he can’t go anywhere without being swarmed or bothered etc.

by Anonymousreply 110June 23, 2022 5:07 AM

I went to high school with Ilaria Urbinati, the top stylist to the male stars, including Chris Evans, Rami Malek, Dwayne Johnson.

I also went to high school with John Travolta’s nannies.

I used to be in the same acting classes as Grey Damon and Robbie Jones.

by Anonymousreply 111June 23, 2022 5:11 AM

R99, stop trying to hide Bradley Cooper’s homosexuality!!

by Anonymousreply 112June 23, 2022 5:12 AM

More of a character actress than a name, Broadway and screen actress Linda Emond was one grade ahead of me. The female lead in every school theatre production there was, very intelligent, nice and considerate towards everyone, ran with the popular crowd but liked by everyone, homecoming queen.

She was in Julia & Julia, where she played Julia Child's sidekick, SImone. Currently in The Gilded Age.

by Anonymousreply 113June 23, 2022 8:27 AM

[quote]stop trying to hide Bradley Cooper’s homosexuality!!

Stop trying to hide Bradley Cooper's narcissism and cuntiness!

by Anonymousreply 114June 30, 2022 3:07 AM

Aaron Rodgers

by Anonymousreply 115June 30, 2022 3:16 AM

^ the well-known heterosexualist?

Yes, I see him at all the unmarried heterosexualist meetings - he seems to be a fine gentleman...and quite decidedly heterosexual too!

While I do not know him well, we have had some lovely conversations about our mutual desire for pussy.

by Anonymousreply 116June 30, 2022 3:22 AM

Apparently the pretty chick on Girls, I think the Allison Williams character is based on this chick I went to high school with, who would have been a senior when I was a freshman.

by Anonymousreply 117June 30, 2022 3:27 AM

Fourth grade, murderer Michelle Gates. She loved to swim. We used to play together in the park on weekends. I thought she was nice and pretty, well groomed. She lived with her grandmother because her step grandfather shot and killed her mom. When she was in the eight grade she drowned a couple of young children{cousin and a neighbor girl}. Tried to frame a neighbor for one of them. After she got out of jail she was hired at the Y as a life guard, of all things. As an adult, she hired a hit man to kill her boyfriend's ex wife{she wasn't home}, so that they would get sole custody of his kids. Went to prison, got out and had two daughters of her own. Her father shot her husband to death on a Christmas visit to his house.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118June 30, 2022 3:36 AM

^ Oh yes, I think I played her in the Lifetime movie!

by Anonymousreply 119June 30, 2022 3:39 AM

Went to school with a guy who was a natural athlete and had a long career in Major League Baseball. Wasn't a star player, but baseball fans would know him. But because he never returned to our hometown (not out of snobbery) and his family is down to earth and humble, I will respect his privacy and not reveal his name. But in school he was a polite kid, and while his athletic abilities were acknowledged, he was never a jerk to anyone.

by Anonymousreply 120June 30, 2022 3:45 AM

One of my college classmates recently won the Nobel Prize for chemistry.

I didn't do nearly as well as she did in chemistry class...

by Anonymousreply 121June 30, 2022 3:50 AM

[quote]Went to school with a guy who was a natural athlete and had a long career in Major League Baseball. Wasn't a star player, but baseball fans would know him. But because he never returned to our hometown (not out of snobbery) and his family is down to earth and humble, I will respect his privacy and not reveal his name. But in school he was a polite kid, and while his athletic abilities were acknowledged, he was never a jerk to anyone.

Well, I think it's pretty clear why you'd want to protect him for those allegations!

by Anonymousreply 122June 30, 2022 3:56 AM

Andy Samberg. Then because of football transferred to Tom Brady’s high school.

by Anonymousreply 123June 30, 2022 8:16 AM

R122 Not only the guy but his family as well!

by Anonymousreply 124June 30, 2022 6:45 PM

^ OMG, if our family name were ever associated with that post!

by Anonymousreply 125June 30, 2022 8:57 PM

College with Julia Louis-Dreyfus (I lived in her dorm room after her), Dermot Mulroney, David Schwimmer, Stephen Colbert, John Cameron Mitchell, Craig Bierko, Felicia Taylor

by Anonymousreply 126June 30, 2022 9:09 PM

Zach Braff

by Anonymousreply 127June 30, 2022 9:11 PM

I went to high school with NYC & LA Police Commissioner Bill Bratton. Nice guy.

I went to college with Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas. Asshole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128June 30, 2022 9:12 PM

[quote]College with Julia Louis-Dreyfus (I lived in her dorm room after her),

I assume you found used birth control sponges.

by Anonymousreply 129June 30, 2022 10:01 PM

My mom went to school with Mary Fran from fucking Newhart.

by Anonymousreply 130June 30, 2022 10:13 PM

More famous-adjacent: in my middle school, we had both a heir of the Cessna family/fortune (also a character in the true-life movie/story of Kidco) and also a grandson (possibly great-grandson) of John Philips Sousa.

by Anonymousreply 131June 30, 2022 10:24 PM

I guess if you've gone to Northwestern you find many people with whom you went to school have become well known.

by Anonymousreply 132June 30, 2022 10:29 PM

"I guess if you've gone to Northwestern you find many people with whom you went to school have become well known."

There's a pretty extensive and solid group of alums from across generations from Northwestern who made it in acting and other arts (and other things generally, though the actors are probably the most broadly known group). Though I'd think other schools - e.g., Yale, NYU, to name two, could say the same thing. There seems to be a sizeable (for DL) amount of Northwestern alums on DL, so maybe it's just that there's more people to point out who they went to school with than for other schools.

by Anonymousreply 133June 30, 2022 10:39 PM

Chandra Levy. She had a bush the size of East St. Louis.

by Anonymousreply 134June 30, 2022 10:44 PM

The current drummer for Lynyrd Skynyrd. He was also in Damn Yankees and was the touring drummer for lots of major acts. He was cute and kind of quiet but super nice. We shared detention quite a few times and talked music.

by Anonymousreply 135June 30, 2022 11:04 PM

Billy Mumy. Elementary and middle school. Nice, seemingly not full of himself guy.,Does anyone have update.

by Anonymousreply 136June 30, 2022 11:50 PM

Went to high school with Trey Parker (one of the guys behind South Park). He was a few years older. My brother was in the same grade and knew him better. My school counsellor in junior high was the guy they based the character of Mr. Mackey on.

Later I went to university with the guy who founded Flickr.

by Anonymousreply 137July 1, 2022 1:50 AM

I've always thought Trey Parker was super hot.

by Anonymousreply 138July 1, 2022 2:19 AM

Not my type, but he was said to be a super nice, funny guy. I didn't know him really, I was in choir with him one term I think, my brother knew him from a few classes but not well (same grade).

by Anonymousreply 139July 1, 2022 2:24 AM

Salma Hayek

by Anonymousreply 140July 1, 2022 2:31 AM

My other half was in high school with Demi Moore.

by Anonymousreply 141July 1, 2022 2:42 AM

Ronny Howard. Crazy nice. We kept in touch for years, until he moved from Glendale.

by Anonymousreply 142July 1, 2022 2:49 AM

I was good friends with Nia Vardalos in high school.

by Anonymousreply 143July 1, 2022 2:52 AM

r143 was she always seemed like a bit of an attention whore, or did you find her being her true, authentic self in My Big Fat Greek Wedding? (for the record, I loved the movie).

She actually seems like she would be just a very over the top, Greek-American brought up by devout parents. But I've heard some stories. Don't ask me, I don't recall offhand.

by Anonymousreply 144July 1, 2022 2:55 AM

My aunt's husband went to high school with Ryan O'Neal and loves to tell people.

by Anonymousreply 145July 1, 2022 3:34 AM

[144] she totally played herself and used her family to write the story. She was hilarious to hang out with.

by Anonymousreply 146July 1, 2022 3:35 AM

Larry Birkhead. Oh dear..

by Anonymousreply 147July 1, 2022 3:37 AM

r144 that is heartening to hear. it seemed very homespun.

by Anonymousreply 148July 1, 2022 4:29 AM

I went to HS with Dave Mustaine of the band Megadeath and Evelyn Cisneros, a prima ballerina.

My older brother attended a different HS and gets the "famous classmate award" in the family. He went to school with Michelle Pfeiffer (and Olympian Shirley Babashoff).

by Anonymousreply 149July 1, 2022 6:03 AM

[quote]Billy Mumy. Elementary and middle school. Nice, seemingly not full of himself guy.,Does anyone have update.

In the 80s, he was half of Barnes&Barnes, the duo who recorded the novelty song "Fish Heads."

by Anonymousreply 150July 1, 2022 8:34 PM

zelweger, mcconaughey, anderson and both wilsons -- all in the same 1991 semester class....

by Anonymousreply 151July 1, 2022 8:41 PM

Went to high school with John Travolta in Englewood, NJ. He didn't graduate but instead went off to Broadway to perform a show with the Andrews Sisters. His family lived a couple of blocks away from me. They were a theatrically-inclined family.

by Anonymousreply 152July 1, 2022 8:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!