Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Animal Kingdom - Final Season

Premieres Sunday June 19 on TNT.

I'll be sad to see it end, but it's better that they go out on top.

And Deran had better have some hot sex this season!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98June 28, 2022 3:56 AM

OMG how was I not on top of this about to happen, thanks OP!

by Anonymousreply 1June 18, 2022 1:29 AM

I hope Adrian comes back for Deran in the final season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 18, 2022 1:33 AM

The premiere is a double episode called "1992" and "Rise."

Can't wait!

by Anonymousreply 3June 19, 2022 5:06 AM

Are they ever going to explain what happened to Smurf’s leg, or was it just a bad acting choice, the way Ellen dragged it around?

by Anonymousreply 4June 19, 2022 10:37 AM

[quote] Are they ever going to explain what happened to Smurf’s leg

Huh? I never noticed anything about Smurf's leg. What do you mean?

Old Smurf or Young Smurf?

by Anonymousreply 5June 19, 2022 4:26 PM

Well that’s why they called her Pegleg Smurf!

by Anonymousreply 6June 19, 2022 4:32 PM

Ellen barkin used to drag one leg around. It was this weird, affected way of walking. Someone I worked with who watched the show used to joke about it all the time.

by Anonymousreply 7June 19, 2022 4:33 PM

Will Deran's gay storyline be neutered in this final season, the way it was last season?

Or will they be brave and let him have bathroom sex and hot floor sex with strangers like they did in seasons one and two.

Btw, I thought he was supposed to hook up with his hot bartender Tommy (Cody Callahan) last season?? What happened to that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 19, 2022 4:43 PM

I also want to see more of Elliott Knight, who plays the dirty cop working with the Codys.

He's gay in real life.

I wouldn't mind seeing him hook up with Deran, either.

But please bring back Adrian!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2022 4:45 PM

From a recent TVFanatic.com interview with Jake Weary (Deran).

[quote] Q: OK, Jake, I know the 'shippers would love to know if there is any closure with Deran and Adrian.

[quote] Jake: Oh, I feel so bad. I don't know. I don't know; I'd say that people want a lot of answers. Without giving too much away, people can potentially -- I think they'll be happy with where things are left off on that front.

Thanks for nuttin', Jake!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 19, 2022 7:45 PM

Is this show still good? I dipped after they killed off the hot brother and Smurf. They were the only characters I liked.

by Anonymousreply 11June 19, 2022 8:02 PM

Thank you OP!!!! I love this series ... I read some of the actors may live or used to live in Huntington Beach..... it’s not far from me..... hot hot

by Anonymousreply 12June 19, 2022 8:41 PM

Thanks for sharing that, R10.

I hope it means that Adrian is coming back.

by Anonymousreply 13June 19, 2022 9:54 PM

Denis Leary comes back at some point this season.

by Anonymousreply 14June 19, 2022 10:34 PM

Bummed it’s their last season. But Ellen Barkin, as amazing as she was in the role of Smurf, is a cunt to her co workers and crew. In 2013 she was fired for abusive behaviour on a show (forgot the show but shite I’m sure) then this one she was alleged to be horrible to people especially Scott Steedman who didn’t let her get away with it since he was a veteran of other shows and they had it out many times when he asked to be murdered to make sure he would never come back. The plan was not to have him die. But his hated for her outweighed his paycheck. The rest of the cast never mentions her. She cooked her own goose by going on video to claim Johnny Depp was violent BUT NOT ABUSIVE yet it came out she was a scorned ex hole he would plug once in a while and never wanted to date the hag and 30 years on the ugly vindictive bitch still carries a torch for him.

by Anonymousreply 15June 19, 2022 11:55 PM

Wow, R15.

I love that story about Scott Speedman because I love him and I think he's super hot.

Good for Scott.

However, I was so bummed when he left the show. He was my favorite character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 20, 2022 12:31 AM

Did anyone watch the premiere??

How was it?

by Anonymousreply 17June 20, 2022 12:53 AM

Great kick off introducing teen Andrew, Julia and Baz and the time jump.

by Anonymousreply 18June 20, 2022 1:17 AM

I'm watching. Already, I don't like Craig's storyline

by Anonymousreply 19June 20, 2022 1:20 AM

Teen Andrew was the cute Jet in WSS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 20, 2022 1:26 AM

Watching now. Is denis Leary trey???? Looks like a shriveled up Santa

by Anonymousreply 21June 20, 2022 1:48 AM

Denis Leary is Deran's father.

All three boys have different dads, and they introduced him when Smurf was still alive.

He didn't return the following season.

I'm assuming he's back because Ellen Barkin is gone.

He must have hated her too.

by Anonymousreply 22June 20, 2022 1:52 AM

R15 stfu

by Anonymousreply 23June 20, 2022 2:07 AM

It's nice to see Tommy still around, and there seems to be sexual tension between him and Deran. Or maybe it's wishful thinking.

by Anonymousreply 24June 20, 2022 2:12 AM

My dream is a Shawshank Redemption-type reunion for Deran and Adrian in Indonesia.

by Anonymousreply 25June 20, 2022 2:14 AM

TNT is burning through 2 episodes per week, or at least this week and next.

by Anonymousreply 26June 20, 2022 3:03 AM

Holy shit, the guy who plays young Baz is HOT!

And I'm shocked that he's 33 years old. He looks like a teenager.

He's a Canadian actor named Darren Mann and he looks just like Tom Welling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 20, 2022 6:50 AM

Darren is super hot, but he must be really short.

He was shorter than the girl who played young Julia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 20, 2022 6:51 AM

So, I guess Speedman and Hatosy didn’t have hot teenage son’s to offer up to play their younger selves?

by Anonymousreply 29June 20, 2022 7:42 AM

R29, this show has really upped the hot guy factor for this final season.

Darren's new "fourth date" boyfriend is cute as hell. At first I thought it was Adrian. But this guy's actually better looking.

Then there's young Baz who is gorgeous.

Even the homeless guy that Pope hired to be his construction worker (Hans Christopher) is hot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 20, 2022 7:51 AM

Sounding to me like R15 has some inside scoop. My ex worked on a set next to one Ellen Barkin was on and he claimed they shuddered whenever she would be at crafty. His cast and crew had a mix of OG actors and youngsters, he said they all collectively loathed that woman.

by Anonymousreply 31June 20, 2022 11:20 AM

Did Kevin Csolak show any skin ?

by Anonymousreply 32June 20, 2022 12:30 PM

Need more of Finn's big ol meaty ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 20, 2022 12:51 PM

I'm glad this is the last season. As much as a pain in the ass Barkin was, it went downhill after they killed her off. Fullstop

by Anonymousreply 34June 20, 2022 1:33 PM

R34 is Ellen Barkin.

You are SO wrong about that.

Season 5 was amazing and exciting.

This season started off with a bang, and that skateboard scene with young Pope in the school was incredible.

by Anonymousreply 35June 20, 2022 8:06 PM

Anybody know who the influencer Deran bottled to the head is, I can’t find him in any of the casting lists and he looks familiar?

by Anonymousreply 36June 20, 2022 8:11 PM

Speaking of that R36, I hope that doesn't come back to bite him in the ass.

Someone mentioned last season that one of the main cast members will die in the final season.

The way that the boys are burning bridges right now, it could be any of them.

Craig is upsetting Renn's brothers, and the looks they give him are dirty. Deran bottled someone to the head, and tasered another guy. And Pope blew up Gia's business.

Any of them could be on the list.

by Anonymousreply 37June 20, 2022 8:14 PM

Deran should have stayed with the hot black guy.

by Anonymousreply 38June 20, 2022 8:16 PM

Deran needs to hook up with Tommy, R38.

Btw, I found a picture of the guy Deran is currently "seeing."

They haven't named him yet, so I couldn't locate the actor.

But I did find a photo. And he's HOT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 20, 2022 8:34 PM

The season is off to a strong start. So much good stuff in episode one.

My question is, what is Tommy up to?

by Anonymousreply 40June 20, 2022 9:08 PM

Smurf stared Julia on her downward spiral because she was jealous that the teenage boy she raised like a son would rather fuck Julia than her. Such a twisted bitch.

by Anonymousreply 41June 20, 2022 9:27 PM

I just remembered that the lawyer we met in episode 2 is the same one J fed to sharks.

by Anonymousreply 42June 20, 2022 9:32 PM

Did anyone else have a hard time understanding what they were saying? The sound mixing seemed off to me. Everything they said sounded like they were mumbling.

by Anonymousreply 43June 21, 2022 1:12 AM

Turn up your hearing aid, grandma @ R43.

by Anonymousreply 44June 21, 2022 1:12 AM

[quote] Already, I don't like Craig's storyline

Same here!

Craig used to be the most laid back, most fun and carefree character.

Now he's just a bore with his sobriety storyline, and constantly whining about not getting to see his son.

The season previews showed that the baby gets kidnapped, so he's going to be whining about it even more.

Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 45June 21, 2022 4:22 AM

I’ve felt since day one, J is in it for the long haul to get revenge for what Smurf did to his mom. But now that she’s gone (Ellen Barkin can’t keep a job, total cunt) it changed the show’s trajectory a bit. I feel he’s going to realize Baz was his dad and it was probably not consensual so he might go after Andrew for not stopping it but I’m digging their truce/bond as of late. If Baz comes back , he didn’t truly die but was faked for a police informant type thing, then shit would really get real. But J can’t be that easily into this lifestyle knowing what it did to his mom. I can’t stand that lawyer bitch and Craig’s baby mamas hypocritical stance: he needs supervision to be a dad but she’s a drug dealer yet somehow not taking them yet dealing them is safer for their kid? Da fuck? Also I missed some episodes, where’s the kid Pope Doted on that was clearly his and not Baz’s?

by Anonymousreply 46June 21, 2022 1:14 PM

I forgot about this show! I'm watching the final season first episode now.

by Anonymousreply 47June 21, 2022 1:23 PM

what about that bartender last season?

by Anonymousreply 48June 21, 2022 1:26 PM

Really weird to see that some find Barkin difficult. Without saying too much, I've made dresses she's worn, and I found her delightful every single time. I found the show lesser without her, despite my lust for some of the men.

by Anonymousreply 49June 21, 2022 1:27 PM

Now that's how you start a new season!

Craig: fucking baby, wants to swap houses and pouts and flounces off when Deran says no. Deran: I think he'll vie with J for head of the family. He's realized via that neighbor intervention the standing the Cody's had in Oceanside and might want to re-establish that. Also: Chekhov's surfboard? Smurf: awful, jealous cunt. Leila George really starting to get her Smurf on now. Pope: loved the look on his face when J added potato chips to Pope's perfect sandwich. J: best laid plans? Pope said, "It's not just about money". Julia/Pope: the actors playing them = great casting.

by Anonymousreply 50June 21, 2022 1:54 PM

It’s interesting in the Andrew/Smurf/Julia/Baz scenes that Andrew is the only survivor of those four, yet he seems the most unlikely of them to pull that off.

by Anonymousreply 51June 21, 2022 3:06 PM

R48, do you mean Tommy? He's back this season and making sketchy deposits for Deran.

by Anonymousreply 52June 21, 2022 5:25 PM

I was totally thinking the same thing when I watched it R43!

by Anonymousreply 53June 21, 2022 6:56 PM

The focus of the series will be Baz’s wife, the one Andrew buried along with her ID.

by Anonymousreply 54June 21, 2022 7:09 PM

Speaking of Julia, can anyone explain the scene of both Julia and J washing their faces in the bathroom, then lying on their beds with no clothes on?

It would flash back then flash present then flash back and flash present between J and Julia. Both looking in the mirror. It was weird.

On another note, I don't think that Pope is Lina's father. He just wanted to take care of Lina because he killed both Baz and Lina's mother.

[quote] Tommy? He's back this season and making sketchy deposits for Deran.

I wonder if Tommy will bring down the Cody's?

He has witnessed all of their bad dealings, and he would be the perfect informant for the cops.

I'll be keeping my eye on him.

by Anonymousreply 55June 21, 2022 7:46 PM

Tommy is definitely going to be a factor.

As for the mirrored scenes with J and Julia, I think they were commenting on how he remains in Smurf’s house. I don’t know that it’s any deeper than that. And I think they wanted to tie the flashbacks to the present day.

by Anonymousreply 56June 21, 2022 7:52 PM

I re-watched ep 2. So, back in the day, Smurf paid the lumber guy to ensure Deran lost his surfing heats??

Derailing Julia's education, hating on Pope's skating boarding, and ruin Deran's surfing career. As Julia said to Pope, "She doesn't like it because it makes you happy."

How will she fuck up Baz and Craig? This is one evil cunt.

by Anonymousreply 57June 21, 2022 7:55 PM

^ ruined not ruin

Still not clear how Deran found that out.

by Anonymousreply 58June 21, 2022 7:56 PM

r55 Pope didn't kill Baz. Smurf had him killed by Mia when she found out he was stealing.

by Anonymousreply 59June 21, 2022 8:09 PM

So did Baz and Smurf fuck or what?

by Anonymousreply 60June 21, 2022 8:36 PM

J already knows Baz was his father. He figured that out in S1

by Anonymousreply 61June 21, 2022 8:55 PM

I don’t think it was ever confirmed.

by Anonymousreply 62June 22, 2022 5:09 AM

Correct, R62.

J's father has never been confirmed.

Although he has his suspicions.

by Anonymousreply 63June 22, 2022 10:51 PM

Incorrect R62 and R63

Season 3. In the first episode in season 3, Baz is killed and Smurf finally admits to J that Baz was his dad while he is visiting her in prison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64June 23, 2022 10:28 AM

[quote] In the first episode in season 3, Baz is killed and Smurf finally admits to J that Baz was his dad while he is visiting her in prison.

Smurf has constantly lied to her kids about everything.

There's no reason to believe her story about Baz.

We may never know the truth, unless the show runners give us a complete back story on the subject.

by Anonymousreply 65June 23, 2022 11:18 AM

Maybe someone should do a poll? Which Cody do we think will die?

I think Craig. Trying to rehab himself, be a better father, probably seems the least damaged by Smurf. He finally turns his life around then boom. Deran and Pope are too obvious. I don't think J will die - he's too smart/shifty.

by Anonymousreply 66June 23, 2022 11:25 AM

How did the beautiful actress playing the younger Smurf end up as an old crone like Ellen Barkin? Age isn't that much of a thief.

by Anonymousreply 67June 23, 2022 11:38 AM

[quote] How did the beautiful actress playing the younger Smurf end up as an old crone like Ellen Barkin? Age isn't that much of a thief.

Being married to Sean Penn can do that to a woman.

by Anonymousreply 68June 23, 2022 11:41 AM

But J’s death would be the most poetic.

by Anonymousreply 69June 23, 2022 11:41 AM

J gets them all IMPRISONED except Andrew who he gives the chance to die by his hands or suicide for his sins since he knows his mom had a soft spot for him, Pope Jill’s himself crying and saying like Julia did, J has given him respect and love and set him free. Then J watched the “house the Cody’s built” burn in a poetic Justice sort of way. Like the meme of the little girl at the house fire menacingly smiling. J decides to donate millions to create a home for kids in need in Julia’s name. A rehab in Craig’s. LGBT center in Derans and mental health facility in Popes. Then he either kill’s himself or joins the FBI. Or they all go down in a literal gun fight , blaze of glory with their enemies. At the house. No one’s left. But then they all die and we never get a chance for a reunion show in 13 years? Hmmmm

by Anonymousreply 70June 23, 2022 12:52 PM

Burn the house in Poetic Justice sort of way? Will Janet Jackson being dancing in a music video with it burning in the background?

by Anonymousreply 71June 23, 2022 1:05 PM

This is still on? I stopped watching after season 2

by Anonymousreply 72June 23, 2022 1:13 PM

R72 Final season, catch up and join us at the finale.

by Anonymousreply 73June 23, 2022 1:21 PM

That is a fun fact I did not know R68

by Anonymousreply 74June 23, 2022 2:52 PM

Live like Smurf and you wind up looking like Ellen Barkin.

by Anonymousreply 75June 23, 2022 3:17 PM

R72, it’s gotten really compelling these last couple seasons.

I think Craig is a goner. I also don’t think there’s much hope for Pope, but I have more sympathy for him because Smurf ruined him/Julia.

by Anonymousreply 76June 23, 2022 3:56 PM

R65 Keep reaching for those stars, Casey Kasem. J figured it out in the first season and Smurf confirmed it. I mean...what's the problem here? You were wrong. Own it. Be It.

by Anonymousreply 77June 23, 2022 6:46 PM

Smurf is a liar.

by Anonymousreply 78June 23, 2022 8:10 PM

J is the forbidden love child of baz and smurf.

by Anonymousreply 79June 23, 2022 8:27 PM

Actually R79, I was thinking that J is the even MORE forbidden love child of Pope and Julia.

Twins screwing each other is much more fucked up, which would be perfect for this show.

Kind of like, "Luke, I am your father."

I have a feeling that's how it's going to be.

Pope was always so creepy around Julia, and she knew it.

by Anonymousreply 80June 23, 2022 8:31 PM

Yup. And it was rape rape.

by Anonymousreply 81June 23, 2022 8:51 PM

Did anyone else notice that in this flashback scene, Smurf is wearing the same shirt she took back from Julia (and wore to her funeral) in the pilot?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82June 24, 2022 12:24 AM

Two new episodes tonight!

by Anonymousreply 83June 27, 2022 12:00 AM

Deran’s breakdown post-Adrian continues. Sheesh. If I were the new guy, I’d run away, fast!

by Anonymousreply 84June 27, 2022 4:13 AM

[quote] Deran’s breakdown post-Adrian continues. Sheesh. If I were the new guy, I’d run away, fast!

You have to admit, the new guy is boring as fuck.

But let's be honest.

Most slutty bottoms like Deran's new boyfriend would probably be turned on by his aggression, and want him even more.

by Anonymousreply 85June 27, 2022 6:53 AM

I'm worried for the Codys.

Now I think that they're all being set up by the cops.

Pope is obviously being stalked by the female cop, and she's having the kid spy on him.

Deran's new boyfriend keeps asking him personal questions, so he could be an informant.

Craig's new "sober coach" is suspicious as hell. In fact, he's cock blocking Deran from trying to get close with Craig.

And J's new secretary girlfriend is another one who could be getting the dirt on him.

I have a feeling that they're all going down in the end.

Oh, and is it just me or does the Latina cop look exactly like the Baz's Latina girlfriend that Pope kille. I can't tell them apart!

by Anonymousreply 86June 27, 2022 6:56 AM

Deran has no chemistry with this new guy he's dating.

I'm not sure if that's intentional or not, because he's supposedly "pining" for Adrian.

The guy is hot as hell, and his body is insane. But I just don't see them together.

The new guy looks way too clean cut for Deran, he's taller and more muscular than Deran, he has absolutely nothing in common with Deran, and most of all Deran doesn't seem to give two shits about him.

It's such a weird pairing.

I'm guessing that what made Deran and Adrian work so well is that they had known each other for a really long time, and Adrian knew the family history. Which is important for anyone who is going to date Deran.

Plus, they had surfing in common.

by Anonymousreply 87June 27, 2022 11:39 AM

Doesn't anyone care about this goddamned show??!!!!

by Anonymousreply 88June 27, 2022 11:33 PM

[quote] The new guy looks way too clean cut for Deran, he's taller and more muscular than Deran, he has absolutely nothing in common with Deran, and most of all Deran doesn't seem to give two shits about him.

This is what it looks like when Deran cares about you. (Adrian farewell, Season 4.)

After Deran says that he loves Adrian, Adrian indicates that he knows the score.

[quote] Adrian: "I love you, too, you know? I have since we were kids. And I probably always will. But you’re the worst thing that ever happened to me."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89June 28, 2022 12:05 AM

Perfect, R89.

That's why Deran will never find another long-term boyfriend.

Adrian was his soul mate.

Yet Jake Weary says that there will be a good resolution to his story arc.

I don't believe it, unless Adrian returns.

by Anonymousreply 90June 28, 2022 12:19 AM

Why doesn’t Deran hook up with his bartender? I don’t trust this muscle head he’s fucking now.

by Anonymousreply 91June 28, 2022 1:27 AM

R91, technically, no one has said the bartender's gay. I agree with you, though. He's hot and trustworthy.

by Anonymousreply 92June 28, 2022 1:43 AM

Considering how badly Smurf treated Julia, I’m glad J was the one who killed her. It seems like karmic justice.

by Anonymousreply 93June 28, 2022 2:33 AM

R90, I think Deran will leave and go find Adrian.

by Anonymousreply 94June 28, 2022 2:37 AM

It’s hard to date when getting close to someone puts his life in danger.

by Anonymousreply 95June 28, 2022 3:03 AM

Smurf was a horrendous mother!

by Anonymousreply 96June 28, 2022 3:21 AM

Some of these scenes with the younger Smurf and Andrew are bordering on incest. Do we ever find out who J's father is?? Baz perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 97June 28, 2022 3:39 AM

I think it's going to be a shocker R97, and turn out to be Pope.

by Anonymousreply 98June 28, 2022 3:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!