Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Animal Kingdom - Final Season

Premieres Sunday June 19 on TNT.

I'll be sad to see it end, but it's better that they go out on top.

And Deran had better have some hot sex this season!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284August 17, 2022 2:58 AM

OMG how was I not on top of this about to happen, thanks OP!

by Anonymousreply 1June 18, 2022 1:29 AM

I hope Adrian comes back for Deran in the final season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 18, 2022 1:33 AM

The premiere is a double episode called "1992" and "Rise."

Can't wait!

by Anonymousreply 3June 19, 2022 5:06 AM

Are they ever going to explain what happened to Smurf’s leg, or was it just a bad acting choice, the way Ellen dragged it around?

by Anonymousreply 4June 19, 2022 10:37 AM

[quote] Are they ever going to explain what happened to Smurf’s leg

Huh? I never noticed anything about Smurf's leg. What do you mean?

Old Smurf or Young Smurf?

by Anonymousreply 5June 19, 2022 4:26 PM

Well that’s why they called her Pegleg Smurf!

by Anonymousreply 6June 19, 2022 4:32 PM

Ellen barkin used to drag one leg around. It was this weird, affected way of walking. Someone I worked with who watched the show used to joke about it all the time.

by Anonymousreply 7June 19, 2022 4:33 PM

Will Deran's gay storyline be neutered in this final season, the way it was last season?

Or will they be brave and let him have bathroom sex and hot floor sex with strangers like they did in seasons one and two.

Btw, I thought he was supposed to hook up with his hot bartender Tommy (Cody Callahan) last season?? What happened to that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 19, 2022 4:43 PM

I also want to see more of Elliott Knight, who plays the dirty cop working with the Codys.

He's gay in real life.

I wouldn't mind seeing him hook up with Deran, either.

But please bring back Adrian!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2022 4:45 PM

From a recent TVFanatic.com interview with Jake Weary (Deran).

[quote] Q: OK, Jake, I know the 'shippers would love to know if there is any closure with Deran and Adrian.

[quote] Jake: Oh, I feel so bad. I don't know. I don't know; I'd say that people want a lot of answers. Without giving too much away, people can potentially -- I think they'll be happy with where things are left off on that front.

Thanks for nuttin', Jake!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 19, 2022 7:45 PM

Is this show still good? I dipped after they killed off the hot brother and Smurf. They were the only characters I liked.

by Anonymousreply 11June 19, 2022 8:02 PM

Thank you OP!!!! I love this series ... I read some of the actors may live or used to live in Huntington Beach..... it’s not far from me..... hot hot

by Anonymousreply 12June 19, 2022 8:41 PM

Thanks for sharing that, R10.

I hope it means that Adrian is coming back.

by Anonymousreply 13June 19, 2022 9:54 PM

Denis Leary comes back at some point this season.

by Anonymousreply 14June 19, 2022 10:34 PM

Bummed it’s their last season. But Ellen Barkin, as amazing as she was in the role of Smurf, is a cunt to her co workers and crew. In 2013 she was fired for abusive behaviour on a show (forgot the show but shite I’m sure) then this one she was alleged to be horrible to people especially Scott Steedman who didn’t let her get away with it since he was a veteran of other shows and they had it out many times when he asked to be murdered to make sure he would never come back. The plan was not to have him die. But his hated for her outweighed his paycheck. The rest of the cast never mentions her. She cooked her own goose by going on video to claim Johnny Depp was violent BUT NOT ABUSIVE yet it came out she was a scorned ex hole he would plug once in a while and never wanted to date the hag and 30 years on the ugly vindictive bitch still carries a torch for him.

by Anonymousreply 15June 19, 2022 11:55 PM

Wow, R15.

I love that story about Scott Speedman because I love him and I think he's super hot.

Good for Scott.

However, I was so bummed when he left the show. He was my favorite character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 20, 2022 12:31 AM

Did anyone watch the premiere??

How was it?

by Anonymousreply 17June 20, 2022 12:53 AM

Great kick off introducing teen Andrew, Julia and Baz and the time jump.

by Anonymousreply 18June 20, 2022 1:17 AM

I'm watching. Already, I don't like Craig's storyline

by Anonymousreply 19June 20, 2022 1:20 AM

Teen Andrew was the cute Jet in WSS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 20, 2022 1:26 AM

Watching now. Is denis Leary trey???? Looks like a shriveled up Santa

by Anonymousreply 21June 20, 2022 1:48 AM

Denis Leary is Deran's father.

All three boys have different dads, and they introduced him when Smurf was still alive.

He didn't return the following season.

I'm assuming he's back because Ellen Barkin is gone.

He must have hated her too.

by Anonymousreply 22June 20, 2022 1:52 AM

R15 stfu

by Anonymousreply 23June 20, 2022 2:07 AM

It's nice to see Tommy still around, and there seems to be sexual tension between him and Deran. Or maybe it's wishful thinking.

by Anonymousreply 24June 20, 2022 2:12 AM

My dream is a Shawshank Redemption-type reunion for Deran and Adrian in Indonesia.

by Anonymousreply 25June 20, 2022 2:14 AM

TNT is burning through 2 episodes per week, or at least this week and next.

by Anonymousreply 26June 20, 2022 3:03 AM

Holy shit, the guy who plays young Baz is HOT!

And I'm shocked that he's 33 years old. He looks like a teenager.

He's a Canadian actor named Darren Mann and he looks just like Tom Welling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 20, 2022 6:50 AM

Darren is super hot, but he must be really short.

He was shorter than the girl who played young Julia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 20, 2022 6:51 AM

So, I guess Speedman and Hatosy didn’t have hot teenage son’s to offer up to play their younger selves?

by Anonymousreply 29June 20, 2022 7:42 AM

R29, this show has really upped the hot guy factor for this final season.

Darren's new "fourth date" boyfriend is cute as hell. At first I thought it was Adrian. But this guy's actually better looking.

Then there's young Baz who is gorgeous.

Even the homeless guy that Pope hired to be his construction worker (Hans Christopher) is hot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 20, 2022 7:51 AM

Sounding to me like R15 has some inside scoop. My ex worked on a set next to one Ellen Barkin was on and he claimed they shuddered whenever she would be at crafty. His cast and crew had a mix of OG actors and youngsters, he said they all collectively loathed that woman.

by Anonymousreply 31June 20, 2022 11:20 AM

Did Kevin Csolak show any skin ?

by Anonymousreply 32June 20, 2022 12:30 PM

Need more of Finn's big ol meaty ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 20, 2022 12:51 PM

I'm glad this is the last season. As much as a pain in the ass Barkin was, it went downhill after they killed her off. Fullstop

by Anonymousreply 34June 20, 2022 1:33 PM

R34 is Ellen Barkin.

You are SO wrong about that.

Season 5 was amazing and exciting.

This season started off with a bang, and that skateboard scene with young Pope in the school was incredible.

by Anonymousreply 35June 20, 2022 8:06 PM

Anybody know who the influencer Deran bottled to the head is, I can’t find him in any of the casting lists and he looks familiar?

by Anonymousreply 36June 20, 2022 8:11 PM

Speaking of that R36, I hope that doesn't come back to bite him in the ass.

Someone mentioned last season that one of the main cast members will die in the final season.

The way that the boys are burning bridges right now, it could be any of them.

Craig is upsetting Renn's brothers, and the looks they give him are dirty. Deran bottled someone to the head, and tasered another guy. And Pope blew up Gia's business.

Any of them could be on the list.

by Anonymousreply 37June 20, 2022 8:14 PM

Deran should have stayed with the hot black guy.

by Anonymousreply 38June 20, 2022 8:16 PM

Deran needs to hook up with Tommy, R38.

Btw, I found a picture of the guy Deran is currently "seeing."

They haven't named him yet, so I couldn't locate the actor.

But I did find a photo. And he's HOT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 20, 2022 8:34 PM

The season is off to a strong start. So much good stuff in episode one.

My question is, what is Tommy up to?

by Anonymousreply 40June 20, 2022 9:08 PM

Smurf stared Julia on her downward spiral because she was jealous that the teenage boy she raised like a son would rather fuck Julia than her. Such a twisted bitch.

by Anonymousreply 41June 20, 2022 9:27 PM

I just remembered that the lawyer we met in episode 2 is the same one J fed to sharks.

by Anonymousreply 42June 20, 2022 9:32 PM

Did anyone else have a hard time understanding what they were saying? The sound mixing seemed off to me. Everything they said sounded like they were mumbling.

by Anonymousreply 43June 21, 2022 1:12 AM

Turn up your hearing aid, grandma @ R43.

by Anonymousreply 44June 21, 2022 1:12 AM

[quote] Already, I don't like Craig's storyline

Same here!

Craig used to be the most laid back, most fun and carefree character.

Now he's just a bore with his sobriety storyline, and constantly whining about not getting to see his son.

The season previews showed that the baby gets kidnapped, so he's going to be whining about it even more.

Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 45June 21, 2022 4:22 AM

I’ve felt since day one, J is in it for the long haul to get revenge for what Smurf did to his mom. But now that she’s gone (Ellen Barkin can’t keep a job, total cunt) it changed the show’s trajectory a bit. I feel he’s going to realize Baz was his dad and it was probably not consensual so he might go after Andrew for not stopping it but I’m digging their truce/bond as of late. If Baz comes back , he didn’t truly die but was faked for a police informant type thing, then shit would really get real. But J can’t be that easily into this lifestyle knowing what it did to his mom. I can’t stand that lawyer bitch and Craig’s baby mamas hypocritical stance: he needs supervision to be a dad but she’s a drug dealer yet somehow not taking them yet dealing them is safer for their kid? Da fuck? Also I missed some episodes, where’s the kid Pope Doted on that was clearly his and not Baz’s?

by Anonymousreply 46June 21, 2022 1:14 PM

I forgot about this show! I'm watching the final season first episode now.

by Anonymousreply 47June 21, 2022 1:23 PM

what about that bartender last season?

by Anonymousreply 48June 21, 2022 1:26 PM

Really weird to see that some find Barkin difficult. Without saying too much, I've made dresses she's worn, and I found her delightful every single time. I found the show lesser without her, despite my lust for some of the men.

by Anonymousreply 49June 21, 2022 1:27 PM

Now that's how you start a new season!

Craig: fucking baby, wants to swap houses and pouts and flounces off when Deran says no. Deran: I think he'll vie with J for head of the family. He's realized via that neighbor intervention the standing the Cody's had in Oceanside and might want to re-establish that. Also: Chekhov's surfboard? Smurf: awful, jealous cunt. Leila George really starting to get her Smurf on now. Pope: loved the look on his face when J added potato chips to Pope's perfect sandwich. J: best laid plans? Pope said, "It's not just about money". Julia/Pope: the actors playing them = great casting.

by Anonymousreply 50June 21, 2022 1:54 PM

It’s interesting in the Andrew/Smurf/Julia/Baz scenes that Andrew is the only survivor of those four, yet he seems the most unlikely of them to pull that off.

by Anonymousreply 51June 21, 2022 3:06 PM

R48, do you mean Tommy? He's back this season and making sketchy deposits for Deran.

by Anonymousreply 52June 21, 2022 5:25 PM

I was totally thinking the same thing when I watched it R43!

by Anonymousreply 53June 21, 2022 6:56 PM

The focus of the series will be Baz’s wife, the one Andrew buried along with her ID.

by Anonymousreply 54June 21, 2022 7:09 PM

Speaking of Julia, can anyone explain the scene of both Julia and J washing their faces in the bathroom, then lying on their beds with no clothes on?

It would flash back then flash present then flash back and flash present between J and Julia. Both looking in the mirror. It was weird.

On another note, I don't think that Pope is Lina's father. He just wanted to take care of Lina because he killed both Baz and Lina's mother.

[quote] Tommy? He's back this season and making sketchy deposits for Deran.

I wonder if Tommy will bring down the Cody's?

He has witnessed all of their bad dealings, and he would be the perfect informant for the cops.

I'll be keeping my eye on him.

by Anonymousreply 55June 21, 2022 7:46 PM

Tommy is definitely going to be a factor.

As for the mirrored scenes with J and Julia, I think they were commenting on how he remains in Smurf’s house. I don’t know that it’s any deeper than that. And I think they wanted to tie the flashbacks to the present day.

by Anonymousreply 56June 21, 2022 7:52 PM

I re-watched ep 2. So, back in the day, Smurf paid the lumber guy to ensure Deran lost his surfing heats??

Derailing Julia's education, hating on Pope's skating boarding, and ruin Deran's surfing career. As Julia said to Pope, "She doesn't like it because it makes you happy."

How will she fuck up Baz and Craig? This is one evil cunt.

by Anonymousreply 57June 21, 2022 7:55 PM

^ ruined not ruin

Still not clear how Deran found that out.

by Anonymousreply 58June 21, 2022 7:56 PM

r55 Pope didn't kill Baz. Smurf had him killed by Mia when she found out he was stealing.

by Anonymousreply 59June 21, 2022 8:09 PM

So did Baz and Smurf fuck or what?

by Anonymousreply 60June 21, 2022 8:36 PM

J already knows Baz was his father. He figured that out in S1

by Anonymousreply 61June 21, 2022 8:55 PM

I don’t think it was ever confirmed.

by Anonymousreply 62June 22, 2022 5:09 AM

Correct, R62.

J's father has never been confirmed.

Although he has his suspicions.

by Anonymousreply 63June 22, 2022 10:51 PM

Incorrect R62 and R63

Season 3. In the first episode in season 3, Baz is killed and Smurf finally admits to J that Baz was his dad while he is visiting her in prison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64June 23, 2022 10:28 AM

[quote] In the first episode in season 3, Baz is killed and Smurf finally admits to J that Baz was his dad while he is visiting her in prison.

Smurf has constantly lied to her kids about everything.

There's no reason to believe her story about Baz.

We may never know the truth, unless the show runners give us a complete back story on the subject.

by Anonymousreply 65June 23, 2022 11:18 AM

Maybe someone should do a poll? Which Cody do we think will die?

I think Craig. Trying to rehab himself, be a better father, probably seems the least damaged by Smurf. He finally turns his life around then boom. Deran and Pope are too obvious. I don't think J will die - he's too smart/shifty.

by Anonymousreply 66June 23, 2022 11:25 AM

How did the beautiful actress playing the younger Smurf end up as an old crone like Ellen Barkin? Age isn't that much of a thief.

by Anonymousreply 67June 23, 2022 11:38 AM

[quote] How did the beautiful actress playing the younger Smurf end up as an old crone like Ellen Barkin? Age isn't that much of a thief.

Being married to Sean Penn can do that to a woman.

by Anonymousreply 68June 23, 2022 11:41 AM

But J’s death would be the most poetic.

by Anonymousreply 69June 23, 2022 11:41 AM

J gets them all IMPRISONED except Andrew who he gives the chance to die by his hands or suicide for his sins since he knows his mom had a soft spot for him, Pope Jill’s himself crying and saying like Julia did, J has given him respect and love and set him free. Then J watched the “house the Cody’s built” burn in a poetic Justice sort of way. Like the meme of the little girl at the house fire menacingly smiling. J decides to donate millions to create a home for kids in need in Julia’s name. A rehab in Craig’s. LGBT center in Derans and mental health facility in Popes. Then he either kill’s himself or joins the FBI. Or they all go down in a literal gun fight , blaze of glory with their enemies. At the house. No one’s left. But then they all die and we never get a chance for a reunion show in 13 years? Hmmmm

by Anonymousreply 70June 23, 2022 12:52 PM

Burn the house in Poetic Justice sort of way? Will Janet Jackson being dancing in a music video with it burning in the background?

by Anonymousreply 71June 23, 2022 1:05 PM

This is still on? I stopped watching after season 2

by Anonymousreply 72June 23, 2022 1:13 PM

R72 Final season, catch up and join us at the finale.

by Anonymousreply 73June 23, 2022 1:21 PM

That is a fun fact I did not know R68

by Anonymousreply 74June 23, 2022 2:52 PM

Live like Smurf and you wind up looking like Ellen Barkin.

by Anonymousreply 75June 23, 2022 3:17 PM

R72, it’s gotten really compelling these last couple seasons.

I think Craig is a goner. I also don’t think there’s much hope for Pope, but I have more sympathy for him because Smurf ruined him/Julia.

by Anonymousreply 76June 23, 2022 3:56 PM

R65 Keep reaching for those stars, Casey Kasem. J figured it out in the first season and Smurf confirmed it. I mean...what's the problem here? You were wrong. Own it. Be It.

by Anonymousreply 77June 23, 2022 6:46 PM

Smurf is a liar.

by Anonymousreply 78June 23, 2022 8:10 PM

J is the forbidden love child of baz and smurf.

by Anonymousreply 79June 23, 2022 8:27 PM

Actually R79, I was thinking that J is the even MORE forbidden love child of Pope and Julia.

Twins screwing each other is much more fucked up, which would be perfect for this show.

Kind of like, "Luke, I am your father."

I have a feeling that's how it's going to be.

Pope was always so creepy around Julia, and she knew it.

by Anonymousreply 80June 23, 2022 8:31 PM

Yup. And it was rape rape.

by Anonymousreply 81June 23, 2022 8:51 PM

Did anyone else notice that in this flashback scene, Smurf is wearing the same shirt she took back from Julia (and wore to her funeral) in the pilot?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82June 24, 2022 12:24 AM

Two new episodes tonight!

by Anonymousreply 83June 27, 2022 12:00 AM

Deran’s breakdown post-Adrian continues. Sheesh. If I were the new guy, I’d run away, fast!

by Anonymousreply 84June 27, 2022 4:13 AM

[quote] Deran’s breakdown post-Adrian continues. Sheesh. If I were the new guy, I’d run away, fast!

You have to admit, the new guy is boring as fuck.

But let's be honest.

Most slutty bottoms like Deran's new boyfriend would probably be turned on by his aggression, and want him even more.

by Anonymousreply 85June 27, 2022 6:53 AM

I'm worried for the Codys.

Now I think that they're all being set up by the cops.

Pope is obviously being stalked by the female cop, and she's having the kid spy on him.

Deran's new boyfriend keeps asking him personal questions, so he could be an informant.

Craig's new "sober coach" is suspicious as hell. In fact, he's cock blocking Deran from trying to get close with Craig.

And J's new secretary girlfriend is another one who could be getting the dirt on him.

I have a feeling that they're all going down in the end.

Oh, and is it just me or does the Latina cop look exactly like the Baz's Latina girlfriend that Pope kille. I can't tell them apart!

by Anonymousreply 86June 27, 2022 6:56 AM

Deran has no chemistry with this new guy he's dating.

I'm not sure if that's intentional or not, because he's supposedly "pining" for Adrian.

The guy is hot as hell, and his body is insane. But I just don't see them together.

The new guy looks way too clean cut for Deran, he's taller and more muscular than Deran, he has absolutely nothing in common with Deran, and most of all Deran doesn't seem to give two shits about him.

It's such a weird pairing.

I'm guessing that what made Deran and Adrian work so well is that they had known each other for a really long time, and Adrian knew the family history. Which is important for anyone who is going to date Deran.

Plus, they had surfing in common.

by Anonymousreply 87June 27, 2022 11:39 AM

Doesn't anyone care about this goddamned show??!!!!

by Anonymousreply 88June 27, 2022 11:33 PM

[quote] The new guy looks way too clean cut for Deran, he's taller and more muscular than Deran, he has absolutely nothing in common with Deran, and most of all Deran doesn't seem to give two shits about him.

This is what it looks like when Deran cares about you. (Adrian farewell, Season 4.)

After Deran says that he loves Adrian, Adrian indicates that he knows the score.

[quote] Adrian: "I love you, too, you know? I have since we were kids. And I probably always will. But you’re the worst thing that ever happened to me."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89June 28, 2022 12:05 AM

Perfect, R89.

That's why Deran will never find another long-term boyfriend.

Adrian was his soul mate.

Yet Jake Weary says that there will be a good resolution to his story arc.

I don't believe it, unless Adrian returns.

by Anonymousreply 90June 28, 2022 12:19 AM

Why doesn’t Deran hook up with his bartender? I don’t trust this muscle head he’s fucking now.

by Anonymousreply 91June 28, 2022 1:27 AM

R91, technically, no one has said the bartender's gay. I agree with you, though. He's hot and trustworthy.

by Anonymousreply 92June 28, 2022 1:43 AM

Considering how badly Smurf treated Julia, I’m glad J was the one who killed her. It seems like karmic justice.

by Anonymousreply 93June 28, 2022 2:33 AM

R90, I think Deran will leave and go find Adrian.

by Anonymousreply 94June 28, 2022 2:37 AM

It’s hard to date when getting close to someone puts his life in danger.

by Anonymousreply 95June 28, 2022 3:03 AM

Smurf was a horrendous mother!

by Anonymousreply 96June 28, 2022 3:21 AM

Some of these scenes with the younger Smurf and Andrew are bordering on incest. Do we ever find out who J's father is?? Baz perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 97June 28, 2022 3:39 AM

I think it's going to be a shocker R97, and turn out to be Pope.

by Anonymousreply 98June 28, 2022 3:56 AM

I bin Pope is Jay’s father! Am I the first to posit this?

by Anonymousreply 99June 29, 2022 12:52 AM

No. People have been speculating that it might be the case since season 1.

by Anonymousreply 100June 29, 2022 2:05 AM

I hated the scene of Craig and the new guy ripping people off at a diner. I get that they’re anti heroes, but they usually go after the rich and dubious instead of working class people.

I dunno, I felt like it was a bad way to establish a character I’m guessing we’re supposed to see as a good influence on Craig. Just mean spirited and nasty.

by Anonymousreply 101June 29, 2022 2:05 AM

Was that to show Craig that he's not a cop, R101? If it's foreshadowed that a brother will turn on a brother - maybe it will be Craig? He's the weakest link. His relationship with Deran has changed, he's blowing off family business, and there's the ongoing conflict with Ren. He's not a happy guy at the moment.

Still wondering if Deran's hookup is an undercover agent. I guess we'll find out.

by Anonymousreply 102June 29, 2022 4:37 AM

They have all allowed outside people into their lives. Now, we wait and see which one is the duplicitous one that will bring them down. They're showing two new episodes every week. It seems like their trying to just drop the final season as quickly as possible and be done with it.

by Anonymousreply 103June 29, 2022 5:08 AM

Quite frankly, I would be okay if J ends up killing all of them.

by Anonymousreply 104June 29, 2022 5:29 AM

I’m kind of hoping that as each episode moves towards the end another one falls until J is the last one intensely pursued and desperate in the final episode.

by Anonymousreply 105June 29, 2022 5:37 AM

I think J will make each of them turn on each other , planting subtle seeds of doubt about their own brothers and watch them implode from within, something he knew Smurf didn’t want. Then he gets his life long revenge for how his mom was used and abused. I used to think Baz raped Julia and J was the kid but some of those flashbacks seem like Pope went off his meds (or he wasn’t on them and was given some other Shit from psycho Smurf) and he raped his own sister hence being he’s Js bio dad and uncle. So J needs to take him out but it will be more Shakespearean as Pope atones for his sins, admits his life was ruined by Smurfs abuse and begs J to kill him. Maybe J instead does something far more sinister, he lets the cops arrest Pope and he’s thrown in a mental institution for life.

by Anonymousreply 106June 29, 2022 11:07 AM

Young Pope wasn’t on meds. I don’t think we’ll see a lot of deaths. Pope will be arrested for murder. Deran will go to Indonesia to find Adrian. Perhaps Craig will OD. J takes the money and runs.

by Anonymousreply 107June 29, 2022 3:13 PM

I think at least one of the brothers will die.

by Anonymousreply 108June 29, 2022 4:26 PM

The actor Kevin Csolak who plays young Pope/Andrew is cute.

I think he has Pope's demeanor down, perfectly.

That said, I never would have guessed that he was in West Side Story!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109June 29, 2022 4:47 PM

I am not here for Deran's new "boyfriend". That is not a relationship that would ever exist, except behind closed doors. And I must have missed something, but where did he come from?

by Anonymousreply 110June 29, 2022 4:50 PM

I also don’t know where he came from. It seemed like they wanted us to think that he continues to have a rotating cast of partners.

But, I mean, Deran is a dirtbag.

by Anonymousreply 111June 30, 2022 12:47 AM

Wow, this show was on even when I was little in the '70s, I can't believe it's still going! Mutual of Omaha's Animal Kingdom...

by Anonymousreply 112June 30, 2022 2:42 AM

Also, why are Deran's sex scenes always in that FUCKING back room of his bar? You're right as sexy as the actor is...Deran IS a dirtbag and hardly worth the trouble. I can't imagine why ANYONE besides Adrian would put up with his bullshit.

When soap opera dude was like "I want to get to know you" I'm like...WHY?

by Anonymousreply 113June 30, 2022 10:25 AM

I suspect they have no gay writers. I know gays come in all stripes but it’s a little hard to understand why really hot guys make a beeline for a chain smoking thug. Now, I COULD see him attracting meth heads who just want to be pounded silly for eight hours…

by Anonymousreply 114June 30, 2022 11:03 AM

You're amazingly clever R112.

by Anonymousreply 115June 30, 2022 11:12 AM

That’s where I have seen Deran’s new boyfriend! He used to play Thomas Forrester on Bold & the Beautiful.

I’m surprised he was willing to go gay since he is apparently very straight.

by Anonymousreply 116July 2, 2022 12:12 PM

R114, sadly, I must agree. Deran used to have a bad boy sex appeal. Now, he looks greasy, dirty, and smelly.

by Anonymousreply 117July 3, 2022 3:33 AM

New episodes tonight!

R116 what is the actor's name? He's not listed in the AK IMDB credits, and I want to search for photos of him.

R112, I believe it was Mutual of Omaha's WILD Kingdom. Not Animal Kingdom.

by Anonymousreply 118July 3, 2022 10:05 AM

R118, his name is Pierson Fodé.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119July 3, 2022 11:45 PM

Damn, young Andrew has a nice chest.

by Anonymousreply 120July 4, 2022 4:42 AM

Pierson tells us all about it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121July 4, 2022 5:32 AM

Thanks, R119!

by Anonymousreply 122July 4, 2022 8:47 AM

We all hope that Adrian comes back before the series ends, but there will be another way to see the actor. There's a remake of the Stephen King novel "Salem's Lot" in production. That was one of my favorite SK books and the TV movie was very well done - so scary. Anyhow, the main character of the story is Mike Ryerson and I was pleased to see that Spencer Treat Clark (Adrian) is playing him.

by Anonymousreply 123July 7, 2022 9:34 PM

Thanks for the heads up, R123!

Is there a new episode tonight?

I didn't see one last Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 124July 10, 2022 3:57 PM

R116 Pierson Fodé played gay in the movie Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List back in 2015.

by Anonymousreply 125July 10, 2022 5:51 PM

New episode tonight.

by Anonymousreply 126July 10, 2022 5:55 PM

It looks like TNT really is trying to get Animal Kingdom out of the way.

In the first two weeks of airing this final season, TNT would show two episodes, and then an encore of the two episodes.

This week, they're only airing the two episodes and that's it.

That's usually a sign that they've given up on the show.

by Anonymousreply 127July 10, 2022 11:10 PM

They didn't air two episodes last week and wont this week either. And there will be an encore at 10pm.

by Anonymousreply 128July 11, 2022 12:54 AM

Thanks for clarifying, R128.

by Anonymousreply 129July 11, 2022 1:59 AM

They’re really painting young Baz as a creep. Was adult Baz portrayed so badly?

by Anonymousreply 130July 11, 2022 3:00 AM

I'm not feeling this season. At this stage, I'm just waiting to see what happens to Deran.

by Anonymousreply 131July 11, 2022 3:07 AM

Adult Baz was definitely a cunt who was super shitty to his daughter and her mother.

by Anonymousreply 132July 11, 2022 3:19 AM

But creepy?

by Anonymousreply 133July 11, 2022 4:35 AM

What are you guys referring to when you say that young Baz is "creepy?"

All I can see is his hotness.

The actor has a fantastic body and a beautiful face. His only drawback is that he's super short.

Leila George towers over him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134July 11, 2022 5:48 AM

Nice that we got to see young Billy's ass.

by Anonymousreply 135July 11, 2022 5:53 AM

It's pretty rare to see a guy eating out a girl's pussy on television!

Lol.

That was pretty raunchy, even for this show.

Baz is so hot though.

by Anonymousreply 136July 11, 2022 5:55 AM

I find it creepy the way he hits on Julia and winks at Smurf.

by Anonymousreply 137July 11, 2022 5:56 AM

I like how they have the stories mirror each other, Baz can’t get Craig and Daren to sleep because they’re fighting and trying to kill each other in the past, and then it happens in the present day.

by Anonymousreply 138July 11, 2022 9:24 AM

This last was a terrible episode. That jewelry heist was ridiculous. How these numbnuts have the brains to pull off all these elaborate technical capers has for me been the show's weak spot from the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 139July 11, 2022 2:30 PM

I agree, R139. Sadly.

It's all I could think of, watching this episode.

As if security wouldn't be suspicious with the fire martial walking through the building, the city sewer worker accidentally hitting a pipe, and a member of the press getting hit by a car - all at the same time!!

And tell me the Vietnamese douche guy didn't recognize Craig getting hit by the car, when he was just kicked out of his gallery just a few days earlier.

Oh, and no one saw the fire inspector Deran taking jewelry off the tree branches, and replacing them with fakes? I mean, there were cater waiters walking all over the floor.

Not only that, but how would all that expensive jewelry remain inside the gallery - UNGUARDED - allowing Deran to go strolling through there, and no one noticing?

Give me a break.

I feel like last season was amazing, and this season is really weak.

by Anonymousreply 140July 11, 2022 2:36 PM

Also, that heist was too dependent on predicting the behavior of a lot of other people and if anything had gone wrong, their faces would be all over security and pap cameras.

by Anonymousreply 141July 11, 2022 2:38 PM

Prints all over the fake jewels. Is the cop just unaware of Pope's OCD or is she trying to set up the snitch with the cereal box?

Still didn't hate the episode.

by Anonymousreply 142July 12, 2022 6:01 AM

R139 One of the main reasons why my heart hasn't been in this show for a couple of seasons. At least with Smurf, there was something other than jewel heists. There was that tension from their obligation to their overbearing mother. With Smurf gone, there was this tremendous opportunity to give the brothers some growth. Some dimension. But every season goes Pope is crazy, J sinks further into the dark side, Deran has sex in the back of his bar, and the other one is still a scumbag despite have a baby.

I can't...

by Anonymousreply 143July 12, 2022 11:41 AM

We could probably guess the plots of the remaining episodes based on their names: July 18 - Incognito July 24 - Revelation July 31 - Gethsemane Aug. 7 - Clink Aug. 14 - Hit and Run Aug. 21 - Exodus Aug. 28 - Fubar

by Anonymousreply 144July 13, 2022 1:19 AM

They are a well known crime family in the area. Yet, they continue to pull jobs without much of a disguise. Wouldn't someone wise up?

by Anonymousreply 145July 13, 2022 1:50 AM

Smurf was a horrendous mother, especially to Julia. I can see why she left home and get seriously hooked on drugs.

by Anonymousreply 146July 13, 2022 2:21 AM

[quote] Smurf was a horrendous mother, especially to Julia. I can see why she left home and get seriously hooked on drugs.

I don't think that's why Julia left.

Yes, Smurf was a horrible mother. But Julia still tolerated her.

Something major happened, to make Julia 100% estranged from her mother and her brothers. Julia abandoned them completely.

I think it has something to do with Baz.

Smurf knows how much Julia is in love with Baz, and she's going to do something to destroy that relationship. Smurf will probably sleep with Baz, and Julia will be devastated.

Only then will she find out that she's pregnant with J, and on her own.

by Anonymousreply 147July 13, 2022 2:27 AM

[quote] We could probably guess the plots of the remaining episodes based on their names.

Rottentomatoes also provides vague descriptions of plot points in each of the remaining episodes. I'll provide a few of those descriptions in case anyone else is looking for whether Adrian returns or if anyone is wondering what is supposed to happen in the finale.

*** WARNING **** MINOR, VAGUE SPOILERS AHEAD. ***** SKIP TO THE NEXT POST IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING AT ALL ABOUT FUTURE EPISODES *****

[quote] Episode 11: "Pope goes to solitary confinement; Deran gets a visit from an old friend; J, Craig, and Deran decide what to do about Pope;"

[quote] Episode 12: "Pope offers information on a cold case in exchange for a prison transfer; Deran says goodbye to the bar."

[quote] Episode 13 (finale): "The Cody boys embark on their most dangerous job yet; Andrew commits the original sin that destroyed the family."

What is the original sin that destroyed the family? The reference to the name "Andrew" refers to the past storyline with Smurf.

by Anonymousreply 148July 13, 2022 2:49 AM

[quote] What is the original sin that destroyed the family?

Incest. He's J's father. Hence, the weird bonding moment in Sunday's episode.

It's Animal Kingdom's "Luke, I am your father" moment.

That's why Julia packed up and left and never returned.

by Anonymousreply 149July 13, 2022 2:53 AM

r148, I take that to mean that Pope/Andrew turns state witness against his own family and one or more of them will get killed.

by Anonymousreply 150July 13, 2022 2:55 AM

I skipped r148.

The timeline will be strange if J is born soon. He shouldn't exist until ~1999.

by Anonymousreply 151July 13, 2022 3:03 AM

I think Pope will rape Julia. He’s J’s father.

by Anonymousreply 152July 13, 2022 4:43 AM

I agree with you R152.

That's my guess too.

by Anonymousreply 153July 14, 2022 1:03 AM

Is there a new episode tonight?

How many until the finale?

by Anonymousreply 154July 17, 2022 7:04 PM

Shawn Hatosy could have done so much more and better with his talent. And his face.

by Anonymousreply 155July 17, 2022 7:18 PM

R154 Yes there is. Only 6 more episodes after tonights.

by Anonymousreply 156July 17, 2022 9:16 PM

I haven't watched anything from the new season. I want to binge when it's all released.

by Anonymousreply 157July 17, 2022 10:33 PM

Nice shot of Young Pope butt! When exactly is that time line taking place, mid 80s early 90s? Smurf mentioning Target as a reference seemed a bit off, saying K-Mart, but electronics seems more likely.

by Anonymousreply 158July 18, 2022 4:29 AM

Damn, young Pope's ass looked spectacular!!

That actor has an amazing body.

by Anonymousreply 159July 18, 2022 4:29 AM

Another weak episode.

Pope falling for that stupid lady's lies.

J beating up a restaurant owner who is actually shorter than he is!

Deran calling out to the guy with a shotgun, and the guy conveniently shooting Deran in the bulletproof vest, rather than between the eyes.

You can tell the writers just gave up in this final season.

by Anonymousreply 160July 18, 2022 8:38 AM

Kevin Csolak (young Pope) is so hot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161July 18, 2022 10:59 PM

Damn young Pope IS hot. That guy was in West Side story, wasn’t he? He’s some kind of dancer I think.

by Anonymousreply 162July 19, 2022 12:34 AM

Any gay scenes in the July 17th episode?

by Anonymousreply 163July 19, 2022 1:12 AM

Nope R163

by Anonymousreply 164July 19, 2022 2:02 AM

Thanks for nothing, R164. ;) I better get some Deran + Adrian action in the series finale. This season has been painful to watch.

by Anonymousreply 165July 19, 2022 2:41 AM

I like the show so much that I suspend disbelief . Young pope is very convincing . His character gives me more insight into adult Pope .

Tones of invest all over … I didn’t read spoiler but please clarify the following : 1. Julia and pope bio kids of smurf.

2. Who are bio parents of Baz! I know it’s not smurf I think and if it’s a different dad, not technically incest between Julia and baz. 3. Smurf against their relp cuz she wants to fuck all her sons . Highly suggestive with pope and baz.

I’m hopelessly in love with Craig — he’s married in real life to Remna

by Anonymousreply 166July 19, 2022 11:24 PM

Baz is the son of one of Smurf’s criminal associates—Linda. Linda betrayed Smurf and almost got her killed by Max, the old crime boss of Oceanside. I don’t think we were ever shown what happened to Linda. Perhaps to come. Not hard to imagine Smurf killed her.

by Anonymousreply 167July 19, 2022 11:50 PM

Young Pope's perpetual scowl is almost comic in its phoniness.

by Anonymousreply 168July 20, 2022 12:18 AM

I was so taken with how handsome Young Baz was, that I didn't even notice how hot Young Andrew was.

Kevin Csolak is gorgeous, not to mention his hot ass at R161.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169July 20, 2022 3:48 AM

New episode tonight, and I DEMAND Deran and Tommy to hook up!

by Anonymousreply 170July 24, 2022 8:31 PM

Wow, only five more episodes.

How in the hell are they going to wrap everything up in five episodes?

None of their stories are even close to being resolved yet.

by Anonymousreply 171July 24, 2022 8:53 PM

There better be some gay in tonight’s episode. Just sayin’.

by Anonymousreply 172July 24, 2022 10:59 PM

Is the Tommy character gay?

by Anonymousreply 173July 25, 2022 1:45 AM

We don't know much about Tommy, R173.

The show has kept his sexuality very ambiguous.

So what in the hell was wrong with Andrew, when he caught Julia giving Baz a blowjob?

He totally freaked out and ran away. And she was saying, "Andrew, I'm sorry!!"

What in the hell is she sorry about?

by Anonymousreply 174July 25, 2022 4:28 AM

Lots of action this episode.

It's pretty clear that Renn is a horrible influence on Craig.

After all these episodes where he was clean and sober and getting his life together, she really fucked him up.

I hope she doesn't take him all the way down.

Then there's Tommy who totally fucked up. He's a total amateur.

Not sure what was up with that heist, but it was lame.

As for Pope, I think that this dirty cop is going to get him to confess to killing Kath, and he'll bring down the whole family.

They've been playing up the religious side of Pope this whole season, and in next week's preview the cop tells him that the only path to redemption is to "confess." Uh oh.

The more I see that kid Taylor, the better looking he gets. His name is Diego Josef, and he's really cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175July 25, 2022 5:04 AM

I think young Pope is a horrific actor. The guy playing young Baz looks more like Shawn Hatosy and Leila George.

by Anonymousreply 176July 25, 2022 5:12 AM

Pope thinks of Baz as a brother, so he was reacting to incest in the family Also, his new status as third wheel. Maybe some actual jealousy.

Another episode filled with not much. Treading water.

by Anonymousreply 177July 25, 2022 5:45 AM

R172 Maybe next week

by Anonymousreply 178July 25, 2022 6:02 AM

I like that they’ve made Pope’s OCD an element in the storytelling and a weirdly positive one,

by Anonymousreply 179July 25, 2022 6:22 AM

You're worried that Craig might be "brought down"? They all deserve the slammer.

by Anonymousreply 180July 25, 2022 12:00 PM

Craig’s baby is dead before the finale right?

by Anonymousreply 181July 25, 2022 1:15 PM

I repeat:

1) Pope goes to prison

2) Craig ODs

3) Deran goes off to find Adrian

4) J endures

by Anonymousreply 182July 25, 2022 3:55 PM

So J gets a spin-off?

by Anonymousreply 183July 25, 2022 4:23 PM

Not with that mustache.

by Anonymousreply 184July 25, 2022 4:31 PM

Actually I think Ren will OD and Craig will clean up leave town with his baby to start over. Deran will be the one to die. That will be the tragedy. J will endure. Pope is going to jail.

by Anonymousreply 185July 25, 2022 4:57 PM

So the baby is doomed to go through life with that creep for a father? Why is it a tragedy that Deran dies? He's a criminal!

by Anonymousreply 186July 25, 2022 5:06 PM

I agree r186. I guess my sarcasm didn’t come through. Most on DL want Deran reunited with Adrian. I just don’t see that happening. Considering how Craig looks at his child, I really believe he’ll surprise us and do right by him.

by Anonymousreply 187July 25, 2022 5:16 PM

[quote]He’s a criminal!

I blame the mother.

by Anonymousreply 188July 25, 2022 5:35 PM

The hardest part of this season for me is watching the flashback scenes with Smurf. God, she's a horrible bitch!

by Anonymousreply 189July 25, 2022 6:25 PM

Agree, r189. You just have to flash forward in your mind to her horrible end.

by Anonymousreply 190July 25, 2022 6:30 PM

R185 Yes, kill off the gay

by Anonymousreply 191July 25, 2022 7:16 PM

All I know is that I'll miss all the hot guys on this show.

by Anonymousreply 192July 25, 2022 7:31 PM

r191, Oh Girl, calm down. I'm not wishing for Deran's death. Just predicting it but then again, he's fictional rough trade. No bit loss.

by Anonymousreply 193July 25, 2022 7:36 PM

Do you think Tommy's little heist will play a role in the final outcome of the show?

I wonder if he will be ID'ed by the dentist that he robbed, and Tommy (being a chickenshit) will crack under pressure from the cops, and expose the Codys in order to make a plea deal. Sort of like Adrian did.

There's no way they would put that robbery in the final season, for it to not mean anything.

by Anonymousreply 194July 25, 2022 7:40 PM

I was thinking the same thing r194. Or maybe it's just a way to finally get Deran interested in Tommy and starting a relationship. Tommy is so fucking cute!

by Anonymousreply 195July 25, 2022 8:32 PM

OR . . . the coins aren't worth anything and the brothers will turn on Tommy.

by Anonymousreply 196July 25, 2022 9:09 PM

Or his wound will fester and he’ll die behind the bar and the stench will force Deran to sell the bar.

Of course some of us a patiently waiting for the payoff to the “Smurf left everything to a stranger” plot line, and Nick Stahl’s return as Pope’s cousin Mike.

by Anonymousreply 197July 25, 2022 9:15 PM

R67 she'sthe daughter of Vincent D'Onofrio and Greta Scacchi. Spitting image of her mother. I can believe she married ol' musty balled Sean Penn. That's over now apparently.

by Anonymousreply 198July 25, 2022 10:26 PM

So here's my take on the Codys.

It's nature versus nurture.

Smurf raised them to be "animals," hence the name of the show.

But some of them are trying to be better.

Craig is trying to raise his son outside of the drug and crime life. Unfortunately, his girlfriend is trash and a drug addict, who keeps sucking him back into the life.

Craig is going to have to decide what's best for him, and what's best for his son.

Deran is also trying to be legit. He opened his own bar business, and wanted to do his own thing.

But the family pulled him back in, and he's teetering on the line between good and bad.

J is just bad. Of all of them, he is the most criminal minded, and he's the biggest scammer of all. A wannabe Smurf.

Pope is just fucked up. OCD, Bipolar, mental illness, and abuse.

He could never have changed what he eventually became.

So I look at their family through a fair lens.

Yes, they're awful people. But the question is, how did they become such awful people, and are they completely to blame for who they are?

by Anonymousreply 199July 25, 2022 10:39 PM

Allow me to remind you maafuckas, especially those of you lusting over these rough trade assholes, what horrible people they are.

I will never forget Mrs. Fullerton, S3E5 ‘Prey’ who was suffering from dementia, and who was left at a bus stop with her [Bold]poor cat[/Bold], homeless, alone, with no ID (which they also took), or food. All because she couldn’t remember what she paid in rent, which Smurf needed all tenants to lie about as the heat was on her regarding her money laundering properties. It would have been easy for them to pawn off her forgetfulness to obvious dementia, but instead they did what they did to her.

And since then I’ve continued to revenge watch, waiting for the moment that AAALLLL of these pieces of shit are obliterated, one by one or all at once, I don’t care. Especially J, who is coldest and most heartless of them all. Because unlike Mrs. Fullerton, I remember what they did. And I kept waiting for J to turn back around and get her, but he didn’t.

What they did to her still bothers me to this day.

Even Tony Soprano had a version of a conscience and a fondness for animals. These cunts? I’m praying for that all consuming grease fire. They deserve nothing less, all of them!

by Anonymousreply 200July 25, 2022 11:44 PM

In the original Australian film which the TV series is based on, if I remember correctly, Pope and either Baz or Craig gets killed and Smurf and J were still living by the film's end. It was implied that J would be the new leader of the crime family. I'm really hoping J dies for the reasons r199 stated. He's an arrogant criminal minded POS.

by Anonymousreply 201July 26, 2022 12:03 AM

I feel J has the long con to fuck them all over for what they all contributed to his moms downfall. Baz is his bio dad but I think Smurf fucked him as well so the whole family has so many demons, they all probably need to die in a literal blaze of glory to end the bloodline.

by Anonymousreply 202July 26, 2022 2:09 AM

Deran and Tommy ending up together would be very satisfying for me.

It's like they're both hiding their feelings for each other.

by Anonymousreply 203July 26, 2022 2:41 AM

Excellent, r200. Mrs. Fullerton and her fate remind me of Lois Smith in The Americans (was she an overnight worker somewhere?) who died unnecessarily at the hands of the Jennings. I wanted them to die, too.

by Anonymousreply 204July 26, 2022 11:58 AM

R184 You're INSANE. That pornstache is SO HOT.

by Anonymousreply 205July 26, 2022 12:12 PM

R200 Unlike, the Sopranos, I also think the writers are cowards in the sense that these guys are immoral enough--or supposed to be, so they SHOULD be killing left and right. For them not to seems too safe to me.

Kinda like a serial killer who ONLY kills bad guys. FOH

by Anonymousreply 206July 26, 2022 12:18 PM

I really dislike the female cop that's onto Pope. The actress is doing a great job of making her unlikable.

by Anonymousreply 207July 27, 2022 10:53 PM

r204, I really miss The Americans. There's nothing else that well done, at all levels, with that degree of suspense, in production now.

by Anonymousreply 208July 27, 2022 11:11 PM

I'd put Better Call Saul in that category, r208.

by Anonymousreply 209July 28, 2022 12:48 AM

Better Call Saul is the worst.

AMC tries to pretend that it's Shakespeare, but the fact that it's being cancelled tells you what the viewers think of it.

by Anonymousreply 210July 28, 2022 11:54 PM

Cancelled?? Ha ha!

by Anonymousreply 211July 29, 2022 12:19 AM

How many episodes are left now?

by Anonymousreply 212July 29, 2022 2:04 AM

It’s not cancelled. It’s over. They have caught up to the Breaking Bad timeline.

by Anonymousreply 213July 29, 2022 4:36 AM

Asking about Animal Kingdom, R213.

by Anonymousreply 214July 29, 2022 4:39 AM

Responding to r210.

by Anonymousreply 215July 29, 2022 4:42 AM

Any gay in today’s episode?

by Anonymousreply 216August 1, 2022 2:49 AM

Nope. Deran fires the bartender.

by Anonymousreply 217August 1, 2022 2:51 AM

Here's the ratings for Season six so far. Ratings are growing when compared to the start of the season, but less than 1 million people are tuning in. (From TVSeriesfinale.com)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218August 1, 2022 3:11 AM

R216 Nope. He's basically just a character who's along for the ride of the other characters.

by Anonymousreply 219August 1, 2022 5:57 AM

Odd that Pope’s confession is not shown.

by Anonymousreply 220August 1, 2022 7:04 AM

How much longer do we have?

by Anonymousreply 221August 1, 2022 10:20 AM

r217, why?

by Anonymousreply 222August 1, 2022 11:04 AM

Because Deran knew the bar was doomed thanks to Pope's confession.

Will Pope take a reduced sentence in exchange for info on all of the family's nefarious doings over the years?

Will the brothers have Pope offed in prison to keep him from talking?

by Anonymousreply 223August 1, 2022 11:59 AM

That aspie fuck needs to die.

by Anonymousreply 224August 2, 2022 11:00 PM

I don’t think Pope’s a rat.

by Anonymousreply 225August 3, 2022 5:03 AM

He might become one if he embraces Jesus and wants to save their souls.

by Anonymousreply 226August 3, 2022 12:24 PM

I believe that little shit J is going to have Pope killed. Craig and Deran need to team up and take J out.

by Anonymousreply 227August 3, 2022 7:37 PM

They all need to go to jail!! What redeeming qualities do you find in any of them?

by Anonymousreply 228August 3, 2022 7:41 PM

Deran throws a mean fuck.

by Anonymousreply 229August 3, 2022 7:52 PM

Which he can put to good use in a jail cell.

by Anonymousreply 230August 3, 2022 8:50 PM

Pope is so fucking stupid.

Letting that dumb bitch convince him to confess to the murder, WITHOUT an attorney present.

I didn't like Deran turning on Tommy. That wasn't cool. Tommy has been so loyal to him for years.

Why did J give his new girlfriend an apartment?

And if Craig knew what was good for him, he'd move to Texas with Renn.

I wonder what part Dennis Leary will play in this story? He still hasn't made an appearance yet.

by Anonymousreply 231August 5, 2022 12:14 AM

I really want someone to push that smug, dirty female cop down two flights of stairs.

by Anonymousreply 232August 5, 2022 1:34 AM

I'm watching the Animal Kingdom movie on Showtime.

I didn't realize that the American show was based on an original Australian movie.

Guy Pearce was great in this movie, and the kid who played J (James Frecheville) is really cute.

I wish they had gone with a tall and imposing actor like Frecheville, rather than shorty little Finn Cole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233August 5, 2022 4:43 AM

How does the film end? I don't remember and don't want to have to re-watch it.

by Anonymousreply 234August 5, 2022 12:02 PM

[quote] How does the film end? I don't remember and don't want to have to re-watch it.

It was a weird ending, and I didn't quite understand it.

So J ratted out his family.

He went into the witness protection program, but he was getting stressed out because he kept thinking that Smurf was going to have him killed.

Then he ran away from WP and found Smurf and her attorney. He said he didn't want to run any more, and he would throw the case so Andrew and Darren would be acquitted.

In the end, Pope and Darren were acquitted. They celebrate.

Out of nowhere, J returns to Smurf's house where Pope and Darren are grilling on the BBQ. J says he's tired and just wants to "come home" and rest a bit.

Pope shows up in J's bedroom and starts talking. All we hear is a gun shot, and J walks out of the room, after shooting Pope.

Then Smurf comes to see what happened.

J comes out of the bedroom, in a daze. Smurf hugs him and J hugs her back.

Honestly, the ending was weird.

by Anonymousreply 235August 5, 2022 6:32 PM

Did James Frecheville ever play gay?

I found a few photos of him in a movie where he looked intimate with another guy.

by Anonymousreply 236August 6, 2022 1:52 AM

I'm starting to think that J is going to have Pope "assassinated" in prison.

If the tv show is anything like the Australian movie, then that's what's going to happen.

Except that in the movie, J shot Pope in Smurf's house.

The tv show might just give a nod to the movie, and have J kill his father/uncle.

by Anonymousreply 237August 7, 2022 11:45 AM

Didn’t Pope actually do well in prison before, that how the whole series opened, him finally being released. The ridged structure and schedule worked well with his OCD.

by Anonymousreply 238August 7, 2022 1:23 PM

Finale!

by Anonymousreply 239August 7, 2022 7:10 PM

This is episode 10. The finale is the 28th. Four more (including tonight) to go!

by Anonymousreply 240August 7, 2022 8:03 PM

Looks like Pope gets stabbed in jail, in tonight's episode.

by Anonymousreply 241August 7, 2022 10:50 PM

Any gay in tonight’s episode?

by Anonymousreply 242August 8, 2022 2:14 AM

Why is the actress playing Smurf looking even younger this season (beyond the obvious of discarding Penn and the relief of getting out of that relationship)? Is it actually supposed to be happening on screen, that she’s purposely doing it to compete with the younger girls for Baz’s attention. Is it lack of attention to detail, that she’s supposed to be the mother of 18 year old twins?

by Anonymousreply 243August 8, 2022 2:34 AM

This is not the season of the noose tightening around the boys slowly strangling them to death that I had expected.

by Anonymousreply 244August 8, 2022 2:46 AM

Prison break means leave town or death.

by Anonymousreply 245August 8, 2022 3:02 AM

The Smurf flashbacks are disturbing. What a nasty bitch!

by Anonymousreply 246August 8, 2022 3:18 AM

Who’s the Latina dyke talking to Deran? I don’t remember her.

by Anonymousreply 247August 8, 2022 3:27 AM

R242 Nope.

by Anonymousreply 248August 8, 2022 6:01 AM

Same here, R244.

Only three episodes left and I have no idea how it's going to end.

I have a feeling that the ending will be rushed, and not very satisfying.

by Anonymousreply 249August 8, 2022 7:22 AM

I really hope the Tommy story is done because the constant discussion over such an irrelevant and boring character has been going on for two seasons now and it’s tedious as fuck. He also isn’t nearly as hot as you guys are making him out to be.

by Anonymousreply 250August 8, 2022 9:29 AM

I'm still hoping that Tommy and Deran will end up together.

Tommy is so loyal to Deran. Even more so than Adrian.

by Anonymousreply 251August 8, 2022 3:00 PM

Thanks, R282. What a shame! The final episode better deliver a romantic, gay ending for Deran. I'll be pissed if he dies or ends up alone.

by Anonymousreply 252August 8, 2022 10:39 PM

Correction, thanks R248! I don't know where the h$%^ R282 came from. After work brain, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 253August 8, 2022 10:41 PM

Why does Deran deserve a romantic ending? He's a criminal!

by Anonymousreply 254August 8, 2022 11:11 PM

[quote] Why does Deran deserve a romantic ending? He's a criminal!

It's FICTION. Idiot.

I like Deran. And I like that he's gay.

So I want him to have a happy ending.

If you don't like it, then tough shit.

by Anonymousreply 255August 9, 2022 12:47 AM

You're funny, r255.

by Anonymousreply 256August 9, 2022 2:20 AM

R256 I was going with pathetic but funny ALSO applies

by Anonymousreply 257August 9, 2022 12:32 PM

Just watched the movie. It’s more like the first few episodes—definite focus on J’ adaptation to the family. Oddly, he narrates at the beginning, but then stops.

We don’t see them pull any jobs, but they are dividing up the cash from their last one. The cops assassinate Baz in the first 30 minutes, the brothers then kill two cops in revenge, the cops then kill Craig about halfway through. The cops suspect the Codeys of killing the cops, but don’t have the evidence. The cops pressure J to flip. Pope gets paranoid and kill’s J’s girlfriend thinking she has been talking and goes after J who flees into witness protection. Pope and Deran are arrested. Smurf learns where J is hiding and arranges for dirty cops to kill him, but he escapes. J then decides his best move is to cooperate with the Codey lawyers to testify in a way to undermine the prosecution’s case. The brothers are acquitted. After the trial, the lead cop (Guy Pearce) asks J, “Have you figured out where you fit?” J departs without answering.

J returns home and the family seems ready to welcome him. He goes to lie down. When Pope enters his bedroom, J shoots him in the head. He exits and embraces Smurf, with Deran looking on in shock.

Smurf is not initially portrayed as the boss. She gets a cut of the money, but seems like just an inappropriately physical mother. But gradually it becomes clear she is in charge and eventually she order s hit on J.

At one point Pope asks Deran if he is gay, but Deran doesn’t answer.

by Anonymousreply 258August 10, 2022 1:32 AM

If you're hoping for some happy ending for Deran and Adrian, the writers have a clue for you.

The title of the finale is "FUBAR." (Which means Fucked Up Beyond All Repair.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259August 10, 2022 3:11 AM

R259, perhaps so FUBAR in the U.S. that Deran flees the country and reunites with Adrian in Indonesia?!?! Wishful thinking, perhaps, but I refuse to accept he’ll end the series alone or dead.

by Anonymousreply 260August 10, 2022 3:25 AM

[quote] I refuse to accept he’ll end the series alone or dead.

In a recent interview, Jake Weary (Deran) hemmed and hawed around with the question about Adrian from the interviewer when he was promoting the final season. He finally said something like "people (the audience) can potentially -- I think they'll be happy with where things are left off on that front."

So they end up together? Or die in each others arms? Never trust a squirrely actor.

by Anonymousreply 261August 10, 2022 3:32 AM

I can't believe there are only three more episodes left!

I think Dennis Leary returns tonight.

by Anonymousreply 262August 14, 2022 5:56 PM

I'm so fucking annoyed that Deran had no gay hookups this season, but we had to endure seeing Craig fuck a female in nearly every episode.

WTF???

by Anonymousreply 263August 14, 2022 9:25 PM

R263 He had that one guy played by Pierson Fode, but he scared him off after beating the shit out of that homophobe. Totally wasted.

by Anonymousreply 264August 14, 2022 9:26 PM

I didn’t even realize it was Pierson until he was gone.

by Anonymousreply 265August 14, 2022 9:31 PM

[quote] He had that one guy played by Pierson Fode, but he scared him off after beating the shit out of that homophobe. Totally wasted.

I don't think they were showed having sex.

It was just a "morning after" kind of thing, out on the sun deck.

Do the asshole writers understand that many of us only watch the show for Deran???

by Anonymousreply 266August 15, 2022 1:15 AM

"they were showed having sex"?

Oh, dear!!!

by Anonymousreply 267August 15, 2022 2:43 AM

At least tonight’s episode established that Deran will try to go to Indonesia to be with Adrian. We’ll see. I think Jay’s going to double-cross them.

by Anonymousreply 268August 15, 2022 2:49 AM

Interesting to see Speedman back, but kind of weird they didn’t use makeup and filters to make them younger. How much time did Pope spend in jail the first time prior to when the show started?

by Anonymousreply 269August 15, 2022 3:31 AM

Well that was a damned interesting episode.

Loved seeing Speedman and Dennis Leary back again.

So they finally brought up the elephant in the room. Pope DID have a thing for his sister. Ew.

I think the wheels are starting to turn in Deran and Craig's heads. They know that J is screwing them over.

And J knows that they know.

You can see the lines being drawn, and I can't wait to see who comes out on top.

I think it'll be J.

There was a little bit for foreshadowing that Deran will die.

First he mentioned that he had a friend in Indonesia (who didn't want to see him), and then there was the long goodbye with Billy. I'm pretty sure that Deran is toast.

I think Craig will survive, and end up moving to Thailand with Renn and the baby.

Not sure what will happen to Pope.

by Anonymousreply 270August 15, 2022 5:06 AM

I hate Craig. The actor who plays him is sexy but his storylines are always painful to get though. I hope he’s not the one who survives.

by Anonymousreply 271August 15, 2022 5:09 AM

Seeing as how this show has totally FRAUED out this season R271, I think they'll give Craig and his "precious little family" the happy ending.

And naturally, they'll kill of the gay character.

I think the surprises will come with what happens to J and Pope.

by Anonymousreply 272August 15, 2022 5:13 AM

[quote] I think the surprises will come with what happens to J and Pope.

It looks like Pope is going to end up being J's father.

The preview for next week shows Julia getting kicked out of the house by Smurf. Probably for stealing money from her, after doing jobs.

Julia's going to get back at Smurf, by sleeping with Andrew. Or maybe she'll be strung out on drugs, and has sex with Andrew in a haze.

In any case, I think that Pope is going to tell J, and J is going to kill him.

by Anonymousreply 273August 15, 2022 9:05 AM

R266 I think the writers COMPLETELY understand that many of you ONLY watch to see Deran hook up and that's probably why there's so little of it.

by Anonymousreply 274August 15, 2022 10:03 AM

R273 So, you CLEARLY either have spoilers or access to the scripts. Why are you pretending like you don't?

by Anonymousreply 275August 15, 2022 10:05 AM

I’m kind of hoping the house gets blown up or burned to the ground before the end of this all.

by Anonymousreply 276August 15, 2022 10:46 AM

[quote] you CLEARLY either have spoilers or access to the scripts. Why are you pretending like you don't?

I don't have access to shit, R275.

I'm just guessing.

But with two episodes left, it looks like things are headed that way.

Because, you know, I have a brain and can follow a story.

Weirdo.

by Anonymousreply 277August 15, 2022 1:58 PM

They wouldn’t dare kill the gay one.

by Anonymousreply 278August 15, 2022 1:59 PM

Oh, they would R278.

It's a total "Bro show."

This season, the writers have basically erased Deran's gayness, and focused on Craig and his STRAIGHT sex encounters.

That could be why Eliza Clark quit.

She was an Executive Producer for the show, and Spencer Treat Clark's (Adrian) sister.

I think the show runner decided he wanted to de-gay the show and get rid of the Adrian character, and she probably wasn't happy about it.

So they both ended up leaving.

Now there's no trace of gay left on the show, except for very casual references to it this season.

by Anonymousreply 279August 15, 2022 2:04 PM

I'm sad this show is ending because Deran is one of the few gay male characters in a current show that isn't camp, young, working in a stereotypical field, etc. He's multidimensional and has a gritty edge, whether you love or hate his actions.

by Anonymousreply 280August 15, 2022 3:25 PM

Gritty edge? He’s 100% grit.

by Anonymousreply 281August 15, 2022 3:39 PM

New thread due to paywall

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282August 15, 2022 8:31 PM

R277 SURE.

by Anonymousreply 283August 16, 2022 12:00 PM

I think Pope was in prison for five years the first time, so ~2011-2016. They definitely could have used some deaging on him and Scott.

by Anonymousreply 284August 17, 2022 2:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!