Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bradley Cooper claims microaggression from legendary actress in bizarre interview

Is he coked up again or just in one of his manic stages?

“Years earlier, in 2011, he had a similarly awkward exchange with a fellow actor at the same party. Cooper had scored his first nomination, for Silver Linings Playbook, in a category that included Daniel Day-Lewis, Hugh Jackman, Joaquin Phoenix and Denzel Washington. “I’m, like levitating,” he said about being recognized in that category. “This hero female actress that I didn’t know at all comes up to me. She’s like, ‘I saw your movie. You deserve the nom. I was like, ‘What? I’m sorry, what?’ ‘The nom.’ Then like 10 or 20 minutes later — I’m not kidding — I passed her going to the bathroom and she mouths it, ‘The nom.’ I remember [thinking], what the fuck is this town?’”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246June 20, 2022 11:58 PM

[quote]The director quizzed them both on how many nominations they had and the actress reported that she had three to which the filmmaker said, “What world are we living in where you have seven nominations and she’s only got three?’ I’m like, ‘Bro, why are you such an asshole.’ I would never fucking forget that. Fuck yourself.”

Without even knowing who the actress is I'm going to say the director was right

by Anonymousreply 1June 15, 2022 10:26 PM

Which 'legendary actress'?

by Anonymousreply 2June 15, 2022 10:27 PM

[quote]Then like 10 or 20 minutes later — I’m not kidding — I passed her going to the bathroom and she mouths it, ‘The nom.’ I remember [thinking], what the fuck is this town?’”

He passed her going to the bathroom? Couldn't she at least have closed the stall door?

by Anonymousreply 3June 15, 2022 10:30 PM

That's not what a microaggression is, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4June 15, 2022 10:31 PM

What did she say that was offensive? I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 5June 15, 2022 10:31 PM

Can he, like, talk, without using, you know, like? There was another actress quoted her the other day that used "like" a lot.

by Anonymousreply 6June 15, 2022 10:33 PM

ya, me too r5, I don't get it

by Anonymousreply 7June 15, 2022 10:35 PM

m....duh

by Anonymousreply 8June 15, 2022 10:38 PM

Why did he get fired from Alias?

by Anonymousreply 9June 15, 2022 10:39 PM

r5 & r7, he thought she was in effect saying, "You deserve the nomination, but that's it. You don't deserve the award." But I'm not so sure that's what she was saying. She may well have been saying, "You deserve the nomination" and didn't say anything further for any number of reasons.

He is famously one of the most insecure leading men in Hollywood--he talks about it frequently. Insecure about his looks, his acting, everything. He's a real mess.

by Anonymousreply 10June 15, 2022 10:40 PM

The legendary nom actress HAD to be G

by Anonymousreply 11June 15, 2022 10:42 PM

I'd be like "Thank you. Yes, I did deserve the nomination."

by Anonymousreply 12June 15, 2022 10:42 PM

I wonder who the three-time nominee is.

Assuming this person hasn't won an Oscar, the options are Joan Allen, Diane Ladd, Piper Laurie, Laura Linney, Michelle Pfeiffer, Sigourney Weaver and Debra Winger. Saoirse Ronan is also a possibility, since she only had three when Cooper was a seven-time nominee (her Little Women and his Joker nominations happened at the same time).

My gut says it was Laura Linney.

by Anonymousreply 13June 15, 2022 10:53 PM

He almost certainly meant she said it (and repeated it) as a way of telling him he was deserving of a nomination but not the win.

by Anonymousreply 14June 15, 2022 10:54 PM

Thank you for your research r13

by Anonymousreply 15June 15, 2022 10:55 PM

I'd say Debra Winger. She's known as a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 16June 15, 2022 10:55 PM

Debra Winger wouldn’t be invited to a CAA party.

Also the three time nominee and the microaggresser are different people.

by Anonymousreply 17June 15, 2022 10:57 PM

I envy his lush thick hair.

by Anonymousreply 18June 15, 2022 10:57 PM

But the actress in that conversation didn't do anything wrong, R16, it was the director's comment.

by Anonymousreply 19June 15, 2022 10:57 PM

I can't imagine Laura Linney saying that. She's a nice person.

by Anonymousreply 20June 15, 2022 10:58 PM

[quote] I can't imagine Laura Linney saying that. She's a nice person.

Jesus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 21June 15, 2022 10:59 PM

Bradley must be a real headcase if things like that give him anxiety and paranoia

by Anonymousreply 22June 15, 2022 11:00 PM

Laura Linney, Michelle Pfieffer are not legendary.

It must be Julia Roberts, she was a three time nominee in 2011. She got her fourth nomination in 2013.

by Anonymousreply 23June 15, 2022 11:02 PM

“This hero female actress that I didn’t know at all comes up to me. She’s like, ‘I saw your movie. You deserve the nom. I was like, ‘What? I’m sorry, what?’

I was, like, what, but I didn't actually ask her what she meant, like a grown, non-paranoid man with functioning testicles would do.

by Anonymousreply 24June 15, 2022 11:02 PM

Ugh. I had a boyfriend like that. If you told him he looked good, he'd infer that you meant he looked bad the rest of the time. He was exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 25June 15, 2022 11:04 PM

R23 makes more sense. She's also with CAA.

by Anonymousreply 26June 15, 2022 11:06 PM

It hardly matters who the three time Oscar nominee is, she’s basically a bystander.

by Anonymousreply 27June 15, 2022 11:07 PM

I have never liked him. No discernible reason,I just dont.

by Anonymousreply 28June 15, 2022 11:07 PM

R23 = idiot with reading comprehension problems

by Anonymousreply 29June 15, 2022 11:07 PM

Coops vagina envy is a micro aggression.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 15, 2022 11:08 PM

It depends on who said it really.

by Anonymousreply 31June 15, 2022 11:09 PM

“You deserve THE NOM.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 15, 2022 11:10 PM

It depends how high he was too!

by Anonymousreply 33June 15, 2022 11:10 PM

The only reasonable response is "Thank you."

I hate the concept of "microaggression". The whole concept celebrates neuroticism. No one can read minds. Sometimes people trip over their tongues. It's self-absorbed and weirdly self-critical to always assume you were insulted if there is any room for error.

by Anonymousreply 34June 15, 2022 11:13 PM

[quote] Bradley Cooper claims microaggression

Decadent fool.

The Ukraine nation has genuine-aggressions while this twittering effeminate faffs around in LaLa Land.

by Anonymousreply 35June 15, 2022 11:13 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 15, 2022 11:13 PM

"Microaggressions" are just as nutty as Transvestites.

I'm glad I haven't spent a single dollar to watch this big-nosed fool.

by Anonymousreply 37June 15, 2022 11:15 PM

Okay, R27, then we should try to figure out who the director is.

Unless everyone just automatically assumes it was notorious asshole and frequent Cooper collaborator David O. Russell.

by Anonymousreply 38June 15, 2022 11:15 PM

If we pool our money together, can we get Faye Dunaway to record “You deserve the NOM” for us on Cameo?

by Anonymousreply 39June 15, 2022 11:17 PM

Will Arnett help him get sober?? When? When he wasn’t TERRORIZING AMY POHLER??

by Anonymousreply 40June 15, 2022 11:18 PM

If he doesn’t win for Maestro, I think he may possibly go Amber Heard on the Oscar stage.

by Anonymousreply 41June 15, 2022 11:20 PM

"You deserve the nom, you little homosexual boy" would be more appropriate for Faye to say.

by Anonymousreply 42June 15, 2022 11:21 PM

Who do we most hope said "You deserve the [italic]nom[/italic]..." if she really did say it so passive-aggressively? It has to be someone who is a "hero actress" of his, and likely someone who has already won an Oscar.

I'm hoping for Ellen Burstyn myself.

by Anonymousreply 43June 15, 2022 11:23 PM

This silly millionaire is trying hard to be a Victim.

Because our society adores Victims.

by Anonymousreply 44June 15, 2022 11:23 PM

R43 I’m picturing Jane Fonda or Diane Keaton.

by Anonymousreply 45June 15, 2022 11:24 PM

I’m picturing Laura Linney saying it in character as Wendy Byrde.

by Anonymousreply 46June 15, 2022 11:24 PM

M...

you can see that...

by Anonymousreply 47June 15, 2022 11:25 PM

R43, I'd like it to be Sally Field. Having her shade Cooper would be a little more satisfying than someone like Shirley MacLaine, who would definitely say something like that.

And they were both on the awards circuit that year thanks to Lincoln, so I hold out hope.

by Anonymousreply 48June 15, 2022 11:27 PM

R47 - the very moment M kicked Bradley Cooper in the balls with her Miranda Priestly delivery of “The NOM”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49June 15, 2022 11:31 PM

I want to believe it was Piper Laurie in full Margaret White drag.

by Anonymousreply 50June 15, 2022 11:32 PM

I guess it depends on the tone in which it was said. If she sneered and said “the nom”, it was one thing but it could have been another word of encouragement that the nom alone was great. She was going to or coming from the bathroom, for goodness sake. He is acting like a prissy fool.

by Anonymousreply 51June 15, 2022 11:33 PM

I want it to be Olivia De Havilland.

by Anonymousreply 52June 15, 2022 11:45 PM

[quote] She was going to or coming from the bathroom, for goodness sake.

Corn? When did I nom nom corn?

by Anonymousreply 53June 15, 2022 11:50 PM

I thought he was talking about having seven nominations in one year, while the actress had three in the same year.

by Anonymousreply 54June 15, 2022 11:51 PM

I want it to be Martita Hunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 15, 2022 11:57 PM

Stop fucking with my man!

by Anonymousreply 56June 15, 2022 11:59 PM

People are now citing all their perceived slights or views of micro-aggression. Can we just please cut this shit out. I feel like I'm in the schoolyard during recesses listening to spoiled first graders.

by Anonymousreply 57June 16, 2022 12:08 AM

We all know it was M “negging” Lady Coop to get laid.

by Anonymousreply 58June 16, 2022 12:08 AM

It really sounds like something Julia Roberts would say.

It's also a pretty funny thing to do, to mouth the word "nom" later.

I feel sorry for you simple people who don't get how that was a dig.

by Anonymousreply 59June 16, 2022 12:11 AM

I don't think Julia can be the microaggressor since they are actually friends. They were on Broadway together and she even got him to do Valentine's Day with her in a minor role. I think he was a gay athlete or some shit in that steaming pile of shit movie.

by Anonymousreply 60June 16, 2022 12:15 AM

Will Arnett kicked his addiction through food.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61June 16, 2022 12:33 AM

R13 Debra Winger is a notorious cunt who is awkward and would do/say something odd like that. Not Piper Laurie. No way. Before your list becomes gospel, what is it based on?

by Anonymousreply 62June 16, 2022 12:40 AM

My first thought is that the actress said it because she provocatively wanted him to fuck her. She compliments him, then when he doesn’t take the bait, she mouths it. It sounds like a drunken fumbled pass.

My guess is Debra Winger.

by Anonymousreply 63June 16, 2022 12:43 AM

By the way…every fucking frau I went to high school with—wealthy, over educated, Westchester/Southern Connecticut, stay at home moms— is obsessed with this fucking podcast. It makes me never want to hear even a snippet of it.

“Will Arnett kicked off the 100th episode of SmartLess in characteristic fashion by teasing co-hosts Jason Bateman and Sean Hayes with details about their guest — noting multi-hyphenate talents proven by armfuls of accolades and Oscar nominations — before he revealed a name.”

by Anonymousreply 64June 16, 2022 12:47 AM

R62, I used this Wikipedia page. I only chose actresses who were (1) alive and (2) had not won an Academy Award as of 2018. It is possible that it could be a three-time nominee who won the Oscar, but from the conversation it sounds more likely that the actress, like Cooper, hadn't won.

And remember, Cooper has two very different anecdotes involving actresses. One actress was the legend who repeated "the nom" in 2012, and the other was the three-time nominee to whom Cooper was compared unfavorably in 2018 or 2019 by a director. Different people, different times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65June 16, 2022 12:47 AM

I think he made the whole stupid story up.

by Anonymousreply 66June 16, 2022 12:49 AM

This Queen gives me serial killer vibes.

by Anonymousreply 67June 16, 2022 12:53 AM

[quite]wealthy, over educated, Westchester/Southern Connecticut, stay at home moms

These are oxymorons. And/or you were friends with the losers. A true Type-A has the nannies raise the kids while she’s doing brain surgery.

by Anonymousreply 68June 16, 2022 12:56 AM

This isn't a microagression. It's just plain old shade.

by Anonymousreply 69June 16, 2022 12:58 AM

I want to suck his dick even more now and give him one more addiction.

by Anonymousreply 70June 16, 2022 12:59 AM

R68 What are you yammering on about you silly granny?

by Anonymousreply 71June 16, 2022 12:59 AM

As of the 2019 Oscars he had 7 nominations, two of which were for producing (American Sniper and A Star Is Born) and one for screenplay (ASIB). So only four for acting.

I doubt the actress in question is Roberts as it's hard to imagine anyone thinking she's some greater acting talent vs. Cooper. This sounds like an actress who, like Cooper, had never won. Michelle Pfeiffer seems the most likely person as she is a CAA client, unlike Linney, Weaver, and others mentioned above.

There are so many directors who are assholes it could be most anyone but I wonder if it's Darren Aronovsky, who directed Pfeiffer in Mother! This sounds like something a young jerk would do, especially one who's directed the actress in question.

by Anonymousreply 72June 16, 2022 1:41 AM

Good call on Aronovsky. When Tom Hooper won the DGA award, there were rumors that one of his competitors openly laughed at his win, and that it was Darren (surprisingly, not David O. Russell or David Fincher).

He was right, but it was still a dick move.

by Anonymousreply 73June 16, 2022 1:51 AM

If I ever see this confused, crazy, addicted closet case, I'm going to chase him down the street yelling, "THE NOM, THE NOM, THE NOMMYNOMS" into a megaphone.

Thankfully, I carry one on all my city walks.

by Anonymousreply 74June 16, 2022 2:06 AM

I think the actress could be Susan Sarandon. She’d be cunty enough to do that. But would she be considered a “hero actress”? Debra Winger fits that term more.

by Anonymousreply 75June 16, 2022 2:13 AM

LOL at the people who think Debra Winger would be invited to a CAA party.

Yeah, Sean Young was her plus one, too!

by Anonymousreply 76June 16, 2022 2:18 AM

“You deserved the NOM.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77June 16, 2022 2:19 AM

“You deserved your little homosexual nomination.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78June 16, 2022 2:24 AM

“You deserved the nom.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79June 16, 2022 2:35 AM

If it was meant in a cunty, mean way, then I was thinking Faye. She'd be a "hero" actress to him for sure, having been in BONNIE & CLYDE and CHINATOWN. But it could also be Ellen Burstyn, who mentored him at the Actors Studio (and gave him direct entry after he did a Broadway play), and might have been trying to "teach" him still--like you're good (nom) but not great (win) yet.

But I'm betting Faye.

by Anonymousreply 80June 16, 2022 2:35 AM

This is the funniest shit ever, and whoever did it is a legend. THE NOM. I hope that phrase chases him his entire life

by Anonymousreply 81June 16, 2022 2:51 AM

Is he admitting he didn’t know nom was short for nomination? Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 82June 16, 2022 2:56 AM

I think Patti LuPone mouthed “The NOM” at both Beanie Feldstein and Jane Lynch at the Drama Desk luncheon.

by Anonymousreply 83June 16, 2022 2:58 AM

Would Faye be at a CAA party, though, R80? She’s been kind of a fringe figure in Hollywood for so long, and I don’t see her going to A-list events like that even a decade ago. Faye’s last credits that most people could recognize are guest spots on Grey’s Anatomy in 2009 and Alias in 2003, and that had Bradley Cooper, so she probably wasn’t someone he never met before. (That also rules out Burstyn).

by Anonymousreply 84June 16, 2022 2:58 AM

[quote] I'm going to chase him down the street yelling…

R74 You sound like Stewie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85June 16, 2022 2:59 AM

Another vote for FAYE

by Anonymousreply 86June 16, 2022 3:02 AM

"I’m picturing Laura Linney saying it in character as Wendy Byrde."

Ha! That was my first thought, too! But maybe it was Jennifer Lawrence. She probably had three nominations at the time. And she definitely has resting and active bitch face. But, I would love it if it were someone like Liza Minnelli, Sean Young or Debra Winger. Just some crazy-assed bitch harassing this "interloper"!

by Anonymousreply 87June 16, 2022 3:15 AM

Jesus, can you fucking people read?

by Anonymousreply 88June 16, 2022 3:17 AM

By the way, WTF is a "microagression"? I hear it all the time now. Didn't we used to call them "slights"?

by Anonymousreply 89June 16, 2022 3:18 AM

I had a boss who want regular with the micro aggressions. He would way things like, "you look nice today."

What? So I normally DON'T look nice. You monster!

Ugh, just remembering that has EXHAUSTED me. Now I am going to have to call in sick tomorrow to recover. Thanks, Datalounge, you did it to me again.

by Anonymousreply 90June 16, 2022 3:21 AM

*WAS regular with the microaggressions

The stress of remembering caused the typo, and now the stress of the typo is making me feel faint.

I must lie down now. I wish I had a fainting couch.

by Anonymousreply 91June 16, 2022 3:22 AM

R84, if Dunaway was such a “fringe figure” in Hollywood why would she have been chosen to co-present the Best Picture Oscar with Warren Beatty only five years ago?

by Anonymousreply 92June 16, 2022 3:28 AM

I had a friend (emphasis on "had") at work for several years. I thought we got along famously. We went out to lunch all the time, were always laughing, having a great time in general. One day I asked her if she was all right. She said she was. I must have tilted my head (because she looked a little angry), and asked "Are you sure?" She said yes very coldly and I left. Later on in the lunchroom, she pulled me aside and started reading me the riot act, telling me that I had made her self-conscious, that she had been in a good mood prior to my visit, but then she was incredibly annoyed and depressed. I apologized, but it didn't smooth things over. She eventually got over it. We continued to go to lunch and movies for a little while, but I was always on guard about whether she would freak out. Our friendship eventually dwindled away. All because she didn't want to be asked if she was "OK." How stupid of her.

by Anonymousreply 93June 16, 2022 3:30 AM

^^ Forgot to add, this is my interpretation of a microaggression.

by Anonymousreply 94June 16, 2022 3:32 AM

Because it was the anniversary of Bonnie and Clyde, R92, not because she matters now in Hollywood, or has in a very, very long time.

Look at Dunaway’s credits for the past several decades. It’s all direct to video stuff. You have to go back twenty years to find a film that wasn’t (The Rules of Attraction), and that was a cameo in a James Van Der Beek movie.

That is not the career arc of a person who’s attending a CAA Oscar party. That’s less Sally Field and more Sally Kirkland.

by Anonymousreply 95June 16, 2022 3:38 AM

THE NOM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96June 16, 2022 4:21 AM

He was wonderful in Silver Linings. He deserved a win.

by Anonymousreply 97June 16, 2022 5:50 AM

It sounds like the sort of thing that bitch Dame Julie Andrews would say.

"The NOM."

by Anonymousreply 98June 16, 2022 5:59 AM

It needs to be repeated that Bradley Cooper himself did not say "micro-aggression": that was just the OP trying to be funny.

But this all does show how hypersensitive he is, and it also shows how obsessive some actors become about winning the Oscar. But when they get it, it's never enough.

by Anonymousreply 99June 16, 2022 6:27 AM

Does anyone besides me wonder if Arnett and Cooper were/are a couple?

by Anonymousreply 100June 16, 2022 6:42 AM

[quote] I envy his lush thick hair.

And big fat Italian cock.

by Anonymousreply 101June 16, 2022 6:46 AM

^ His big fat nose is way bigger and meatier

by Anonymousreply 102June 16, 2022 7:03 AM

R100 You aren't the only one. I wonder about Bateman, too.

by Anonymousreply 103June 16, 2022 7:35 AM

“The nom” is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 104June 16, 2022 7:35 AM

I don’t get it either and I’m hypersensitive. I thought he was just dissing her use of the word “nom”, but I like when you shorten words and it’s hip. Like “don’t be sil”, natch for naturally, cazh for casual….

by Anonymousreply 105June 16, 2022 8:00 AM

Why does he say “fellow actor” if it was a woman?

by Anonymousreply 106June 16, 2022 8:23 AM

Why does he look 55?

by Anonymousreply 107June 16, 2022 8:55 AM

[quote] I like when you shorten words and it’s hip. Like “don’t be sil”, natch for naturally, cazh for casual….

Millie Dumont! I wondered what happened to you!

by Anonymousreply 108June 16, 2022 8:58 AM

I think he just thought the "nom" was such inside Hollywood lingo and was surprised by it.

by Anonymousreply 109June 16, 2022 9:04 AM

Bernstein did some of his best work when he was holding back the Gay, is that true of Cooper too?

by Anonymousreply 110June 16, 2022 9:26 AM

His nose cartilage is growing back since the nose job.

by Anonymousreply 111June 16, 2022 9:37 AM

What is that poodle on top his head?

by Anonymousreply 112June 16, 2022 9:44 AM

M. or Nicole Kidman.

by Anonymousreply 113June 16, 2022 9:53 AM

I'll pray for him.

by Anonymousreply 114June 16, 2022 9:53 AM

Did he go home and cry into his pillow?

by Anonymousreply 115June 16, 2022 10:10 AM

He seems exhausting, even for an actor.

Considering that he was the one that tried to calm down Will Smith after "the slap", he sounds like the hyper sensitive girl in high school that's always crying in the bathroom and in the mix of whatever girl drama is going on

by Anonymousreply 116June 16, 2022 10:52 AM

Hollywood is such a weird place because everyone with an incredibly fragile sense of self flocks there, a place and industry reknowned for its cutthroat brutality.

by Anonymousreply 117June 16, 2022 11:03 AM

R117 that is exactly why I never went there. Plus the odds of doing anything if you don't have an "in" with anyone there is zip.

It's the ultimate industry for thick skin and yet they all seem like raw children who weren't hugged enough.

by Anonymousreply 118June 16, 2022 11:06 AM

Cooper was only colouring the top of his head and not his beard, and it appears from the photo, he's doing both. However, it looks just as bad. He should just go grey.

As far as this story, it's hilarious. I haven't read the article, but, from what I can glean, the "you deserve the nom" actress could have been anybody (Streep, Roberts, etc), but the convo that took place later with the director had to do with a thrice-nominated actress, who was a different person. I could care less about the latter actress, but I'm getting a kick out of who could have been the former. I'm thinking it was an actress who was also nominated during the "2012" award season, but no one really fits. So, maybe it was a "2011" winner returning during the "2012" season to give an award (i.e. Streep).

by Anonymousreply 119June 16, 2022 11:10 AM

I loved taking my big cock up his nom-hole.

by Anonymousreply 120June 16, 2022 12:06 PM

“You deserve the NOM.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121June 16, 2022 12:06 PM

It’s really distressing to hear Cooper talk about how Maestro will be about Bernstein’s “children and family.” Bernstein was an overly ambitious absent father and barely had a relationship with any of his children, much less his wife who he rarely saw or interacted with. He was an overtly gay man who only had relationships with men and only had a family because he had to to maintain a public position of straightness. His kids, who in real life are incredibly annoying, are still trying to straightwash him, and it fucking irritating Cooper would go along with that. Anyone who met or worked with or interacted with Bernstein would only describe him as gay. Very very gay. And in quite a few cases, a creeper. I hope there’s a huge backlash, but as usual in Hollywood, being gay is the only taboo left to discriminate against.

by Anonymousreply 122June 16, 2022 12:29 PM

Bradley has tinymeat-face.

by Anonymousreply 123June 16, 2022 12:34 PM

Whatever B. Coop did to his face has made him look a whole lot gayer then he used to.

by Anonymousreply 124June 16, 2022 12:36 PM

[quote]"hero actress"

Weaver/Ripley

by Anonymousreply 125June 16, 2022 12:40 PM

Perhaps a poll with all the possibilities is in order?

by Anonymousreply 126June 16, 2022 12:43 PM

Actors are a profession that attract mentally ill and jealous people. What should, in fact, ignore whatever these people say because it will only fuels their narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 127June 16, 2022 12:46 PM

Footage from that evening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128June 16, 2022 12:47 PM

I have a feeling this film will be a wildly uncomfortable film to watch for the audience. Cooper is basically dialing the gay mannerisms to 100 while at the same time saying it’s a beautiful love story and beautiful family story… I mean was Brokeback Mountain presented as a beautiful love story between Ennis and Alma? I think what he’s trying to say, that a gay man can have a beautiful heterosexual family, will be badly received by straight and gay audiences.

Netflix recently said that it would stop greenlighting expensive, ill-conceived vanity projects like “The Irishman” and it boggled my mind that they were saying that while “Maestro” was currently filming…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129June 16, 2022 12:51 PM

[quote]he thought she was in effect saying, "You deserve the nomination, but that's it. You don't deserve the award." But I'm not so sure that's what she was saying.

I'm glad you said this, because I could not figure out what he was upset about. To me, it sounds like she thought he didn't hear her, and she was just repeating "the nom" as a little joke, repeating it until he heard what she said.

by Anonymousreply 130June 16, 2022 12:54 PM

Bradley showed cock in Nightmare Alley. I was all the rage around here when the film was released, so I’m wondering why some of you are ruminating about the size of it. It’s not big, but I love him so I don’t care.

by Anonymousreply 131June 16, 2022 1:01 PM

You realise the three-time nominee and the actress who said "You deserve the nom" were different people in different years?

The three-time nominee didn't say anything, in the story, except that she had three nominations. It was the director who made the alleged bitchy comment.

So the actress who said about the nom could have been anyone at all that BC would regard as a "hero actress" and who would be at a 2013 Oscars party. Of that year's nominees, Sally Field would be the most likely to fall into that category, but there would presumably have been wives and GFs there as well as nominees, some of whom could have been famous.

by Anonymousreply 132June 16, 2022 1:29 PM

I think Sally Field is with William Morris

by Anonymousreply 133June 16, 2022 1:35 PM

Helen Hunt was nominated that year.

by Anonymousreply 134June 16, 2022 1:42 PM

Whose hero is Helen Hunt, though?

by Anonymousreply 135June 16, 2022 1:45 PM

It was me.

by Anonymousreply 136June 16, 2022 1:48 PM

Madge is nobody’s hero ACTRESS but she was allegedly in a bitchy mood that evening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137June 16, 2022 1:49 PM

An acting hero for Bradley Cooper would be someone like Helen Mirren or Frances McDormand

Let’s remember that there is nothing actually cunty about what the actress said. It’s all his projection.

by Anonymousreply 138June 16, 2022 1:49 PM

I think it was “Annie Hall”, but in one of Woody Allen’s films he comically interprets someone saying “didja” (as in “did you”) as “D’JEW?”

This is basically that.

by Anonymousreply 139June 16, 2022 2:00 PM

R139 That's perfect.

by Anonymousreply 140June 16, 2022 2:03 PM

It’s Annie Hall

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141June 16, 2022 2:06 PM

[quote] Let’s remember that there is nothing actually cunty about what the actress said. It’s all his projection.

This is likely the case but the actress mouthing “The nom” again to him is extremely weird. She was probably tipsy and thought she was being flirty or something.

by Anonymousreply 142June 16, 2022 2:22 PM

… she could have been mouthing any banal pleasantry you mouth to someone after passing them from the restroom?

by Anonymousreply 143June 16, 2022 2:26 PM

[quote]My first thought is that the actress said it because she provocatively wanted him to fuck her.

Doubt it. Everybody in Hollywood knows Cooper is gay

by Anonymousreply 144June 16, 2022 2:29 PM

What Bradley sees when famous people want to compliment him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145June 16, 2022 2:43 PM

^ no black Faye?

by Anonymousreply 146June 16, 2022 3:04 PM

Oh there is a black Faye lol

by Anonymousreply 147June 16, 2022 3:05 PM

Did you click on the link, you lazy cunt?

by Anonymousreply 148June 16, 2022 3:05 PM

Well you missed one, you lazy cunt 😆

by Anonymousreply 149June 16, 2022 3:08 PM

Welcome to thread John Mulaney / R110!

by Anonymousreply 150June 16, 2022 3:45 PM

[quote] You realise the three-time nominee and the actress who said "You deserve the nom" were different people in different years?

Honey, that has been established MULTIPLE times here.

READ THE THREAD.

by Anonymousreply 151June 16, 2022 3:49 PM

It's not going to be someone like Sigourney Weaver because she's never won an Oscar, so why make fun of him for only deserving the nomination when she knows that pain?

It's got to be someone who's actually won an Oscar, like Dianne Wiest or Dame Judi Dench.

by Anonymousreply 152June 16, 2022 3:51 PM

I know you guys weren't trying to be funny, but r151 insisting that it's already been established that the Oscar winner is not the "the NOM" actress, and r152 posting seconds later, clearly thinking both actresses were one and the same, made me laugh out loud.

by Anonymousreply 153June 16, 2022 3:56 PM

The actress is saying, “THE NOM..,not the award but THE NOM.”

That’s so Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 154June 16, 2022 3:59 PM

Basically this happened

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155June 16, 2022 4:26 PM

To me, the more interesting part of the interview is when he says that he started working on his own projects because he wasn't getting hired by the directors that he wanted. He named Fincher, Scorsese, and the Coen brothers. He thereby shaded Russell and all the other directors that he had worked with previously.

by Anonymousreply 156June 16, 2022 4:57 PM

Next, he should do a film called Crybaby, about wounded egos.

by Anonymousreply 157June 16, 2022 5:44 PM

Bradley should have shown his pinga when he was a struggling young actor.

by Anonymousreply 158June 16, 2022 6:06 PM

[quote]Why does he say “fellow actor” if it was a woman?

Because "actor" is not gender specific. When I took theater classes in the late 80s, we were instructed not to say "actress" any more because it was unnecessary, and some people still shun the term as outdated.

by Anonymousreply 159June 16, 2022 8:44 PM

[quote] like when you shorten words and it’s hip. Like “don’t be sil”, natch for naturally, cazh for casual…

Thank you for your input, Elmo.

by Anonymousreply 160June 16, 2022 8:56 PM

[quote]but [R151] insisting that it's already been established that the Oscar winner is not the "the NOM" actress, and [R152] posting seconds later, clearly thinking both actresses were one and the same,

But I didn't "clearly" think that at all. I'm the same poster as r151.

by Anonymousreply 161June 16, 2022 11:23 PM

R152, what complicates it for me is that Cooper's so insecure that he could be either misremembering or exaggerating the incident and it was never intended as an insult at all. So it could have someone who's never won like Sigourney or Glenn.

But I'm now convinced it's Sally Field who said it. She would be at Oscar party thanks to Lincoln, and limiting her praise to "the NOM" was her way of saying "great job, but I'm still supporting my co-star Daniel Day-Lewis" in a way that she probably thought was cute and funny. And she was a CAA client at the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162June 16, 2022 11:55 PM

I was actually saying, "Your nose" - he had something disgusting hanging out of it - I think he'd been crying.

But also he should get that big honker fixed - I have the name of the good surgeon, Bradley, if you're not too sensitive for a little constructive criticism.

Gays can be so bitchy and so fragile at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 163June 17, 2022 12:14 AM

He’s making the story up.

by Anonymousreply 164June 17, 2022 3:54 AM

"Because "actor" is not gender specific. When I took theater classes in the late 80s, we were instructed not to say "actress" any more because it was unnecessary, and some people still shun the term as outdated."

UNLESS you are referring to a BLACK woman actor. Then it is only proper to refer to her as a BLACKTRESS!

by Anonymousreply 165June 17, 2022 4:07 AM

[quote]Debra Winger wouldn’t be invited to a CAA party.

Debra Winger wouldn’t be invited to any party.

by Anonymousreply 166June 17, 2022 4:51 AM

I really like him. He's so fkin sexy, masculine, and bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 167June 17, 2022 4:56 AM

If "hero" is supposed to be a big clue then I would guess Sigourney Weaver, who played perhaps one of the greatest movie heroines, Ellen Ripley.

If by hero, he meant someone he looks up to, then perhaps Faye, Dame Julie, or Dame Angela.

by Anonymousreply 168June 17, 2022 5:08 AM

R168, Bingo.

by Anonymousreply 169June 17, 2022 5:15 AM

I think the actress was being complimentary and he made it into something weird in his mind. The director was probably just teasing him. He has no personal life so he is making up stories.

by Anonymousreply 170June 17, 2022 5:17 AM

r57 the anti sjw crowd 2010-2016 gave rise to the alt-right

history tells us targeting the ctrl-left only swings the pendulm from what extreme to the other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171June 17, 2022 5:21 AM

r74 me too, then I will say "hey good looking be back to pick you up later!"

by Anonymousreply 172June 17, 2022 5:32 AM

I can visualize Charlize Theron saying that to him.

I remember in the leaked Sony emails that he was referred to as an odd duck.

by Anonymousreply 173June 17, 2022 6:16 AM

I’m starting to hear this in my head every time I come to this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174June 17, 2022 7:16 AM

Omg, if it was amiss Sally that shaded Cooper (THE NOM) that makes her absolutely legendary in my book. But I just don’t buy that America’s Sweetheart would say that to an up and comer. She just doesn’t have that type of personality.

by Anonymousreply 175June 17, 2022 12:53 PM

Sally Field isn’t elite enough to be an acting hero for snobby Actors Studio alum Bradley

by Anonymousreply 176June 17, 2022 12:54 PM

Bitch, Sally Field came from Method, and has two acting Oscars, something Bradley will never ever have.

by Anonymousreply 177June 17, 2022 12:57 PM

"Bradley should have shown his pinga when he was a struggling young actor.

I suspect he did, many times, just not on film.

by Anonymousreply 178June 17, 2022 1:02 PM

You all do know that when he said "hero" he was referencing one of his favorite movies: 1979's Alien.

It's Sigourney, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 179June 17, 2022 1:08 PM

He's talking about Sigourney Weaver.

by Anonymousreply 180June 17, 2022 1:09 PM

R179 = idiot

by Anonymousreply 181June 17, 2022 1:20 PM

This smacks of Angela Lansbury

by Anonymousreply 182June 17, 2022 1:38 PM

OPs pic is, quite possibly, the worst picture I've ever seen of Bradley Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 183June 17, 2022 1:42 PM

Can we move on from the microaggressor and talk about those who macroaggressed him?

by Anonymousreply 184June 17, 2022 1:47 PM

Seeing microaggressions everywhere is a sign of mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 185June 17, 2022 1:54 PM

He is so ugly and I don’t understand the hype.

by Anonymousreply 186June 17, 2022 1:59 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 187June 17, 2022 1:59 PM

R175 Excuse you bitch??? That title is taken and has been taken for decades.

by Anonymousreply 188June 17, 2022 2:13 PM

What the hell is wrong with him? He's a real headcase.

Anyway, I bet it was Lady Gaga.

by Anonymousreply 189June 17, 2022 2:19 PM

R189, Also I don't know if it's a typo but this could not have happened in 2011. Silver Linings didn't cone out until 2012, with the nominees announced in 2013.

by Anonymousreply 190June 17, 2022 2:22 PM

“The nom”.

I love this bitch.

by Anonymousreply 191June 17, 2022 2:38 PM

[quote] You all do know that when he said "hero" he was referencing one of his favorite movies: 1979's Alien. It's Sigourney, bitches.

I think you are reading his quote as if it were a blind item. He could be talking about any actress he has admired. I think the “hero” part was to emphasize how easy it can be to be made to feel insecure by people that you have long admired.

by Anonymousreply 192June 17, 2022 2:54 PM

Blind item or bland item?

by Anonymousreply 193June 17, 2022 2:57 PM

If the numbers match then I think it could easily be Sigourney.

by Anonymousreply 194June 17, 2022 2:57 PM

“The nom” isn’t all that offensive - I’d find it quite funny, personally.

by Anonymousreply 195June 17, 2022 3:03 PM

R194, the numbers only match for Sigourney as the three-time nominee, not as the hero actress who said "NOM!" Plus, Sigourney lives in New York so I don't see her attending a CAA Oscar party in Los Angeles unless she had a reason to be there.

There are photos of the 2019 CAA Oscar party online (held at a WeHo club that used to be a clothing optional hotel and notorious drug den), so it might be possible to find the three-time nominee and the asshole director, although the most comprehensive set of pictures I found didn't show or mention any likely possibilities for either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196June 17, 2022 3:17 PM

Emma Thompson is with CAA and would be someone Cooper would consider an acting hero.

Thought of her when i just saw this photo of her with Bryan Lourd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197June 17, 2022 4:31 PM

Has this non-issue been resolved yet?

by Anonymousreply 198June 17, 2022 10:47 PM

Mitzi Gaynor is still here, fellas!

by Anonymousreply 199June 17, 2022 11:18 PM

"He has no personal life so he is making up stories."

I beg to differ. I had to get that scumbag kicked off Alias because he was tempting my husband so terribly!

by Anonymousreply 200June 17, 2022 11:34 PM

Bradley Cooper? He's a rat-faced whore, who cares?

by Anonymousreply 201June 17, 2022 11:47 PM

So who actually is America's Sweetheart? I know you will never convince Julia Rpberts that she is not but where did this come from?

by Anonymousreply 202June 18, 2022 4:15 AM

Roberts was in a film entitled America's Sweetheart.

Nowadays I don't think there is one. Nobody is that popular. The audiences are too fractured.

by Anonymousreply 203June 18, 2022 9:15 AM

R202, me and all blacktresses.

by Anonymousreply 204June 18, 2022 9:31 AM

[quote] So who actually is America's Sweetheart? I know you will never convince Julia Rpberts that she is not but where did this come from?

It came in the 1910s-1920s from the popular press to describe the great silent star Mary Pickford (who was, incidentally, Canadian).

It has been used to describe other women, including Marlo Thomas, Mary Tyler Moore (most of all after Pickford), Meg Ryan, Jennifer Aniston, and Julia Roberts. Hilariously, Melissa Gilbert uses it in her first memoir to describe... herself.

by Anonymousreply 205June 18, 2022 9:37 AM

I don't find Brad Cooper ugly at all; I find him very handsome in an unusual way. But since he's famously insecure about his looks he must realize he doesn't fit the classic model.

I always find it interesting he's so open about his massive insecurities. Most Hollywood stars hide theirs.

by Anonymousreply 206June 18, 2022 9:46 AM

He was handsome until he really started messing with his face in the last couple of years. Now he looks as off as he seems

by Anonymousreply 207June 18, 2022 10:57 AM

Haven’t we all met famous people and said something we thought might go down well but when we think about it later think it could have been taken wrong? I know I have. Anyway perhaps it’s no different for them. Why do we assume they know how to behave around other famous people.

by Anonymousreply 208June 18, 2022 12:22 PM

Saying "you deserved the nom" should be taken wrong by thinking the person is genuinely congratulating you?

by Anonymousreply 209June 18, 2022 12:44 PM

He seriously thought he deserved the win for that performance? How arrogant is he!?

by Anonymousreply 210June 18, 2022 12:46 PM

He must have been in la la land

by Anonymousreply 211June 18, 2022 12:49 PM

I’d love it if THE NOM was some Old Hollywood type like Sophia Loren or Vanessa Redgrave or Jane Fonda. That would crack me up.

by Anonymousreply 212June 18, 2022 3:33 PM

I love his vulnerability. Makes him hotter.

by Anonymousreply 213June 18, 2022 4:03 PM

He just keeps getting uglier, and he is so weird.

by Anonymousreply 214June 18, 2022 4:16 PM

Bradley Cooper strikes me as somebody for whom the sex is always unplanned, unexpected and probably a bit messy. And then doesn't happen again.

by Anonymousreply 215June 18, 2022 4:21 PM

R215, Apart of me thinks he might actually be on the spectrum. Like a very high functioning, high iq aspergers.

by Anonymousreply 216June 18, 2022 4:22 PM

Why was he comforting Will Smith after the slap?

by Anonymousreply 217June 18, 2022 4:28 PM

He should get together with Terry Crews who has had some strange complaints too

by Anonymousreply 218June 18, 2022 4:29 PM

Was it Liza? Oh, say it was t Liza!

by Anonymousreply 219June 18, 2022 5:11 PM

For such a manly man he sure whines like a little girl.

by Anonymousreply 220June 18, 2022 8:39 PM

R216 Am i wrong in thinking Cooper would have made a better Glenn Gould than Leonard Bernstein?

by Anonymousreply 221June 18, 2022 10:02 PM

Had to be at the Oscar nominees lunch. DDL was the winner that year but Sally Fields was nominated for Lincoln. Bet it was Sally Field.

by Anonymousreply 222June 18, 2022 10:21 PM

It was at the CAA party, you stupid turd.

by Anonymousreply 223June 18, 2022 10:28 PM

Who knows if he's even conflating memories. This could not have happened in 2011.

by Anonymousreply 224June 18, 2022 10:30 PM

“NOM! NOM! NOM!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225June 18, 2022 10:37 PM

It’s more of a nanoaggression.

by Anonymousreply 226June 18, 2022 10:41 PM

Hon, just you try to convince Julia Roberts she is not America's Sweetheart. She is the last beloved actress and the fraus still worship her and that's how it got stuck on her. Many have moved on.

by Anonymousreply 227June 18, 2022 11:45 PM

[quote] She is the last beloved actress

Ahem...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228June 19, 2022 1:27 AM

Sandra Bullock has always been well like. But she was never a "brand". No studio ever put her movies into the depths of summer and holiday films to compete with genre films. Bullock was always the recipient of massive luck. No one went to The Blind Side which Roberts turned down to see HER. It was a Disney story about America's favorite sport. Bullock being in it was just an asset not a sell.

by Anonymousreply 229June 19, 2022 1:36 AM

I love that interview where Julia said it would not be fair to comment because she's never seen a "Sandra Bullock movie". I don't know her. And didn't he also mean girl her with Cate Blanchett at the Oscars one year?

by Anonymousreply 230June 19, 2022 1:41 AM

So Hunter Harris, in her substack deduces, along with Kyle Buchanan, that the 2012 ‘nom’ hero is none other than Isabelle Huppert. She was in Amour that year which was up for best picture. Repped by CAA. Also, I can totally see her doing this.

by Anonymousreply 231June 19, 2022 4:44 AM

Bradley Cooper should do a podcast about this incident. Like the one by the actor who got fired by Tom Hanks from Band of Brothers because he had “dead eyes.”

by Anonymousreply 232June 19, 2022 4:50 AM

I totally believe it’s Huppert. She hasn’t made it a secret of her disdain for other actors she considers to be inferior to her.

by Anonymousreply 233June 19, 2022 4:54 AM

He’s much too sensitive about a non-burger.

by Anonymousreply 234June 19, 2022 4:57 AM

R231, I don’t remember Huppert being on the circuit for Amour that year since her role was so small. But she did work with David O. Russell on I Heart Huckabee’s, which would give her a reason to see Silver Linings Playbook.

Also, she works whether “the Nom” was meant as an insult or just a miscommunication.

by Anonymousreply 235June 19, 2022 5:07 AM

Who is the that era's cuntess de jour like Deb Winger? There's you answer

by Anonymousreply 236June 19, 2022 5:10 AM

The last "America's Sweetheart" was probably Jennifer Lawrence when she was at her peak. Just hush and don't tell that bitch Julia. But that was last actress that both men and women alike adored. Until they didn't. And of course she will never reach Roberts or Bullock status now.

by Anonymousreply 237June 19, 2022 5:22 AM

It's an outrage Lawrence won for such an average performance over that wonderful Emmanuelle Rica for Amour. Even Chastain was more impressive in Zero Dark Thirty.

by Anonymousreply 238June 19, 2022 11:25 AM

Girl is going overboard with fillers and botox. And he's not even 50!

by Anonymousreply 239June 19, 2022 11:29 AM

Sandra Bullock was absolutely a brand. After the runaway success of While You Were Sleeping, which was a movie that she nabbed after being the most talked about thing in Speed, she was dubbed the new America’s Sweetheart. Her career since then has seen way more ups than downs. As for the Blanchett mean girl thing with Julia, I think that was all media bullshit. Cate went on to star with Sandra in the blockbuster Ocean’s 8.

by Anonymousreply 240June 19, 2022 12:07 PM

Sandra Bullock is a huge brand. She’s a MUCH more reliable actress than Julia. She just had another hit movie a couple of months ago. What hit can Julia claim in the last fifteen years? Sandra’s had multiple.

by Anonymousreply 241June 20, 2022 12:36 PM

DL, where being a "brand" is a plus and not a detriment.

Any schlock will do to make money. I have heard more people express outright dislike of Julia Roberts than any other actress called "America's sweetheart".

by Anonymousreply 242June 20, 2022 1:14 PM

DL started a thread about me and it’s turned into a thread about Julia versus Sandra!

by Anonymousreply 243June 20, 2022 1:18 PM

Turns out there was an incident with a film director and accompanying him was a 3 time nominee.

It was whilst he was promoting A Star is Born.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244June 20, 2022 11:50 PM

No shit, you botched abortion

by Anonymousreply 245June 20, 2022 11:56 PM

Coop needs to man up, he sounds like an over sensitive wimp

by Anonymousreply 246June 20, 2022 11:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!