Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

William & Kate Are Ditching London to be more like Harry & Meghan

Of course they will still be close enough to still be able to kiss Grandma’s ass.

Prince William and Kate Middleton are moving — but don’t worry, they’re not going as far as Prince Harry and Meghan Markle!

The royal couple is reportedly planning to pack up their London life and head 30 miles west to Berkshire county, where Queen Elizabeth II’s primary residence, Windsor Castle, is located. Hmm. So they’re cozying up to the Queen? That’s nice!

According to The Sunday Times, the decision was mostly out of a desire to give their kids Prince George, 8, Princess Charlotte, 7, and Prince Louis, 4, a better lifestyle!

People confirmed on Monday that Prince George and Princess Charlotte will leave their school, Thomas’s Battersea, at the end of the current school year. They will then enroll in a school in the Windsor area, though a specific learning institution has yet to be announced.

It’s still unclear where the family plans to live, but many have reported that they will move into Adelaide Cottage on the Windsor estate. The Palace has yet to confirm that though. In the future, they might one day move into “the big house” — aka Windsor Castle — seeing as it is believed that Prince Charles doesn’t have a desire to spend as much time there as the Queen does now, The Sunday Times reported. Interesting!

The major move not only gets the family closer to Her Majesty, but they will also be closer to Kate’s family! She was raised in Bucklebury, where her parents, Carole and Michael Middleton, still live. Now they will be just a 40-minute car ride away.

Most importantly, it seems William and Kate would like to give their kids some more freedom to be, well, kids! A friend told the outlet:

“The reality is they are quite confined in what they can do in London. The kids can’t go into the park and kick a football with friends.”

That makes total sense!

Don’t be surprised if they decided to pick up and move again, either. Berkshire is not the couple’s final destination — instead, it is presumed that they’ll move to their country getaway Anmer Hall in Norfolk once the kids are older since that “is their happy place,” the friend added:

“Their plan is to be there for the next 10 to 15 years and then move to Anmer, which is so special to them.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89July 13, 2022 10:21 PM

Sounds like a good plan to me. But I thought one of the York girls wanted it, but they are outranked.

by Anonymousreply 1June 14, 2022 10:44 PM

Wow, he's totally lost any looks he had. For a brief flash he was beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 2June 14, 2022 10:46 PM

Harry has been the hotter one since he was a teenager

by Anonymousreply 3June 14, 2022 10:46 PM

[quote] Wow, he's totally lost any looks he had.

He already has a beautiful wife who gladly fulfills her royal duties and who doesn’t lie and scheme and make false accusations against his family. He doesn’t need looks anymore.

by Anonymousreply 4June 14, 2022 10:53 PM

Wow, way to go off topic R4 but KM might prefer a prettier husband. Isn't this what fat fraus tell themselves after they themselves go? I have a husband so I don't have to look good anymore?

by Anonymousreply 5June 14, 2022 10:59 PM

Kate isn’t that beautiful at all.

by Anonymousreply 6June 14, 2022 11:00 PM

It's been reported since yesterday at least they are moving to Adelaide Cottage. Perezypox must have just woken up.

by Anonymousreply 7June 14, 2022 11:01 PM

So they now have 4 houses. Wow that's greedy.

by Anonymousreply 8June 14, 2022 11:02 PM

Kate is attractive. Beautiful? No. Too thin and dry looking and aging fast so perhaps they go well together.

by Anonymousreply 9June 14, 2022 11:02 PM

When are these lazy leeches going to get jobs and stop sucking Grandma's titties?

by Anonymousreply 10June 14, 2022 11:03 PM

William and Kate radiate charisma. Star power.

William is a future King...Harry will never be able to match William's celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 11June 14, 2022 11:05 PM

William was the hotter teen, when Harry was quite ugly. Then William started to lose his looks (and his hair) and Harry became the hotter brother. Now Harry has balding brillo on his head and a whiny attitude. William has grown into his middle age looks and has a kind of quiet alpha big dick energy, which makes him once again, the hotter brother.

by Anonymousreply 12June 14, 2022 11:07 PM

Harry has been hotter for a good 15 years.

And as far as “celebrity” goes, Harry is the bigger one.

by Anonymousreply 13June 14, 2022 11:10 PM

[quote]William has grown into his middle age looks and has a kind of quiet alpha big dick energy,

Mmm, no.

by Anonymousreply 14June 14, 2022 11:11 PM

Another lame thread created by some dumb Markle fanchick. Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 15June 14, 2022 11:12 PM

Harry doesn't want to be William.

And Kate wishes she had the balls to be Meghan. She'd be happy to take Harry, too.

by Anonymousreply 16June 14, 2022 11:15 PM

Neither brother was ever "hot". Their looks were boosted by sheer fame. If they were nobodies no one would have bothered forming an opinion about their looks.

by Anonymousreply 17June 14, 2022 11:15 PM

R16, Kate wants to have Meghan's balls?

Meghan is a tranny?

by Anonymousreply 18June 14, 2022 11:16 PM

I’d love to see them relocate to the Los Angeles area too, but I guess they’ve got to stay in the UK to put up a good front. It will be hard for their children to become close when there is so much distance.

by Anonymousreply 19June 14, 2022 11:19 PM

[quote] William & Kate Are Ditching London to be more like Harry & Meghan

Ahem, no, my dear.

William and Kate will get Adelaide Cottage and, later on, very likely Windsor Castle.

Harry and Meghan ended up with Toad Hall aka Frogmore Cottage.

by Anonymousreply 20June 14, 2022 11:23 PM

[quote] So they now have 4 houses. Wow that's greedy.

Totally.

They're disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 21June 14, 2022 11:24 PM

Four houses?

1. Anmer Hall 2. Kensington Palace 3. Adelaide Cottage

What house no 4?

Some of you Sussex fanatics are even too dumb to count properly, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 22June 14, 2022 11:27 PM

R21 They have access to two (possibly soon to be three) - none of which they own: Anmer Hall, Apartment 1a in Kensington Palace and, if the reports are true - Adelaide Cottage on the Windsor Estate.

Rich people often have at least a couple of houses.

They are rich. You aren’t. Deal.

by Anonymousreply 23June 14, 2022 11:31 PM

Plus, Kensington Palace is very much a tourism place these days. Not a great place to enjoy real privacy.

by Anonymousreply 24June 14, 2022 11:37 PM

I wonder why the Harkles didn’t choose Adelaide Cottage over their place unless it wasn’t offered to them. It’s much nicer.

by Anonymousreply 25June 14, 2022 11:37 PM

Meghan probably demanded Windsor Castle

by Anonymousreply 26June 14, 2022 11:38 PM

What's the purpose of having that many houses in one country? I can see a city dwelling and one weekend type country place. Anything else is excessive even for rich people.

by Anonymousreply 27June 14, 2022 11:39 PM

If they were already behaving like dicks back then, I can totally see why Harry and Meghan didn't get Adelaide Cottage.

They probably wanted Frogmore House. Giving them Frogmore Cottage instead was a stroke of genius.

by Anonymousreply 28June 14, 2022 11:42 PM

[quote]Meghan is a tranny?

Physically you could argue she's transitioning into big daddy.

by Anonymousreply 29June 14, 2022 11:44 PM

Kate is no Diana.

I don't ever remember the skinny bitch strolling through my neighborhood on even one of her so-called missions of mercy.

But the really weird thing is Kate looks as though she's missed more meals than I have.

by Anonymousreply 30June 14, 2022 11:45 PM

The Cambridges, who share nothing with the Markles except a bit of DNA, own Anmer Hall, a wedding gift from the Queen. The others mentioned are Crown properties, a system that dumb American Marklefraus do not have the power to understand.

by Anonymousreply 31June 14, 2022 11:46 PM

R12 is right. William in his prime was the hottest member of the royal family for a long, long time. He was full movie star, Hollywood pin-up hot. He began to age early. For a couple of years when he was in the military, Harry was the hotter brother. Both have now thoroughly lost their youthful hotness and appeal (goddamn those Windsor genes are brutal) but I agree that William has some kind of future King/DILF swagger going on right now that even in the face of his much diminished looks means he remains fuckable. Quite fuckable, actually.

Harry so far has no such DILF energy, and I suspect he'll never acquire any (due mostly to the fact that being pussywhipped is an inherent turn off).

by Anonymousreply 32June 15, 2022 12:08 AM

William also has a *much* better body than Harry. He's fit in a way the ginge isn't.

by Anonymousreply 33June 15, 2022 12:09 AM

R33 you’re just making shit up now

by Anonymousreply 34June 15, 2022 12:12 AM

William is better-looking overall, IMO. However, I have noticed that Harry does seem to have a decent-sized package. Look at photos of Harry, crotch area. No VPL, but it's always filled-out. That said, he doesn't have BDE. He has pussy-whipped energy. William looks angry a lot of the time. Kate seems happy or else she's a good actress and / or too dumb to know better. I think this (being royal) was what she's always wanted.

by Anonymousreply 35June 15, 2022 12:13 AM

She and Harry allegedly asked for an apartment at Windsor Castle, r26. They were supposed to receive an apartment at Kensington Palace, but William kiboshed that after he heard the bullying allegations.

by Anonymousreply 36June 15, 2022 12:16 AM

I can’t imagine anything much lower than Frogmore cottage.

by Anonymousreply 37June 15, 2022 12:20 AM

Happy or not The Markles have made their bed turds & all & they can't blame Amber for it. They did all of it to themselves. No one stuck a gun to their heads to do the Oprah, Dax Shepherd crap, & all the other stuff. Hope they can get to living their new lives & forget about Ole' Blighty they are toast there.

Grow up & move on, kids. Times moving on, you are getting older & less appealing to the young'ins by the minute.

As to all the Megan stans, if you're not paid shills directed by her insanity, then encourage her to embrace her own life. It can be full. The crowds at St. Paul's shouting, "We don't want you here, go away", summed it all up. They are wanted or needed in England anymore. Make due with all that you have in the US, that's what you said you wanted. You got it, stop moaning about it.

by Anonymousreply 38June 15, 2022 1:34 AM

^ Whoops..They are not needed in England anymore.

by Anonymousreply 39June 15, 2022 1:39 AM

They are moving to Windsor to be close to The Queen and ensure Uncle Andrew is kept a safe distance from HM. I think there was even a thread here about it a few months back.

by Anonymousreply 40June 15, 2022 1:44 AM

I think this is the beginning of turning Buckingham Palace into UK Disney.

by Anonymousreply 41June 15, 2022 2:04 AM

How about wearing the same outfit repeatedly because you’ve become the size of a tent, R37?

by Anonymousreply 42June 15, 2022 5:42 AM

It's hilarious that anyone thinks William and Kate want to be anything like the loathsome, ridiculous Harkles.

by Anonymousreply 43June 15, 2022 1:11 PM

It's hilarious that so many LoungeLizards keep battling over the moot and tiesome couples.

Both couples are irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 44June 15, 2022 5:46 PM

It's not the "lounge lizards" R44. If you think so you're either a newb or not a DLer. The ones battling constantly are what some call the Klan Granny brigade. A handful of old British fraucunts.

by Anonymousreply 45June 15, 2022 5:49 PM

Or the bitter psycho squad unfuckables.

by Anonymousreply 46June 15, 2022 5:53 PM

How are they moving to Windsor Castle to spend more time with the Queen when the fucking Queen lives in London at Buckingham Palace?

Does the Queen even visit Windsor Castle? I’m surprised she bothered to have it fixed after it nearly burned down a few decades back.

by Anonymousreply 47June 15, 2022 5:56 PM

Would you happen to be r208 from the Prince Andrew thread, r47?

by Anonymousreply 48June 15, 2022 6:18 PM

R47, The Queen has made Windsor home since the pandemic started.

No wifi in your cave?

by Anonymousreply 49June 15, 2022 6:47 PM

Isn't Buckingham Palace undergoing major repairs?

by Anonymousreply 50June 15, 2022 6:52 PM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 51June 15, 2022 6:56 PM

Before the pandemic, the Queen spent Thursday evening through Monday morning at Windsor.

by Anonymousreply 52June 15, 2022 7:02 PM

Yes, the Queen has announced she will make Windsor her full time home. BP is undergoing major upgrades so it gives her a good excuse. She loves Windsor Castle.

by Anonymousreply 53June 15, 2022 10:57 PM

Meh the old bag is going there to pass time til she croaks.

by Anonymousreply 54June 15, 2022 10:59 PM

[quote]Yes, the Queen has announced she will make Windsor her full time home.

Basically the equivalent of moving from NYC to West Palm Beach and saying I've had enough of the rat-race!

by Anonymousreply 55June 15, 2022 11:03 PM

[quote] I think this is the beginning of turning Buckingham Palace into UK Disney.

The United Magic Kingdom.

by Anonymousreply 56June 15, 2022 11:11 PM

[quote]Does the Queen even visit Windsor Castle? I’m surprised she bothered to have it fixed after it nearly burned down a few decades back.

Only a small portion of it burned down, and that was a full thirty years ago. They restored it pretty quickly.

Windsor Castle has always been the place the Queen has most considered home since her parents moved there in 1936. She's never considered Buckingham Palace a proper home at all, and has always spent more time in Windsor whenever she can (it is not very far from London). None of the royal family much enjoys spending time in Buck House--they've never figured out a way to heat it properly.

by Anonymousreply 57June 15, 2022 11:15 PM

I thought the agreement to refurbish and combine the Kensington apartments called for the Cambridges to make it their home base? Same with Clarence House and Charles.

by Anonymousreply 58June 15, 2022 11:25 PM

^. I think they are afraid of Andrew hounding HM on a daily basis - if they are nearby he has less opportunity to do so.

by Anonymousreply 59June 15, 2022 11:42 PM

Buckingham Palace wasn’t always the home of the monarch, and there’s still the Court of St. James. There’s no good reason, other than it’s not in London, for Windsor Castle not being made the official residence of the British monarch.. Keep Buckingham Palace as a museum and storage building.

by Anonymousreply 60June 15, 2022 11:46 PM

Have any of its residents ever liked living at BP? I read that Churchill and Parliament basically told QEII and her young family they had to take up residence there, against their wishes. They cried as they were chauffeured from Clarence House to BP. I'm pretty sure I read King George VI and the Queen Mother preferred to live at Royal Lodge.

by Anonymousreply 61June 16, 2022 12:11 AM

Buckingham Palace is an icon. The home of the monarch in the capital. Looking down The Mall toward the seat of the British government. There is aq kind of living drama about the royal standard flying, saying the King is here. Imagine the White House as an office and venue but the President living at Camp David. It's all symbolic, but powerful symbols.

by Anonymousreply 62June 16, 2022 12:19 AM

Some good pics and info on Adelaide Cottage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 16, 2022 12:33 AM

Create a new Duke of Buckingham and give it to him to live in.

by Anonymousreply 64June 16, 2022 12:57 AM

Buckingham Palace is needed mostly for balcony photo ops on state occasions.

by Anonymousreply 65June 16, 2022 1:16 AM

It's also simpler for most events: garden parties, receptions, state banquets. Easier to get to London (9 main train stations) vs. Windsor (one.)

by Anonymousreply 66June 16, 2022 1:33 AM

Some of these royal digs sound lavish but I recall seeing photos of some living quarters at Kensington Palace, etc. and most DL’ers would deem them rather tacky. I have two retired co-worker friends both with beach and mountain cottages. They seem well off by my standard but are retired state workers. So, three places to live for a future King isn’t that much.

by Anonymousreply 67June 20, 2022 12:06 AM

R47 What decade are you residing in?

by Anonymousreply 68June 25, 2022 2:31 AM

R33 Jesus, do you have eyes that actually see?

by Anonymousreply 69June 25, 2022 2:33 AM

R69 = Harry, envious and pissed off that his brother not only has got power and a hot wife but also the better body

by Anonymousreply 70June 25, 2022 11:23 AM

The lies people tell. William was born to better perks but Harry has the better body.

by Anonymousreply 71June 25, 2022 11:40 AM

Dream on, R71.

by Anonymousreply 72June 25, 2022 11:43 AM

R71 definitely the better body when it comes to transitioning as he already has got boobs.

by Anonymousreply 73June 25, 2022 11:44 AM

Yeah, Harry's Moobs HOT HOT HOT!!!

by Anonymousreply 74June 25, 2022 11:47 AM

R71 You find moobs and a gut attractive?

by Anonymousreply 75June 27, 2022 1:35 AM

Both are a bit doughy. The difference is that William carries himself with BDE, while Harry slumps around like the emasculated dweeb that he is.

by Anonymousreply 76June 27, 2022 2:21 PM

Harry looks like he’d fuck your brains out; William looks like he’d cry after “coitus”.

Either way, William was already past his prime by the time he married and Harry is just about there.

At least they’re both rich and have Daddy around to pay their bills. As married men. With children. So much for ‘BDE’.

by Anonymousreply 77June 27, 2022 2:51 PM

R77, Harry was good-looking for about three seconds around the time his older brother got married. By 2015 his looks have started to go downhill.

These days he looks like a demented, ever-angry Friar Tuck with moobs.

by Anonymousreply 78June 27, 2022 3:19 PM

There are legitimately anti-William trolls on DL now, popping up within the past few weeks and trying hard to make 'William the Terrible' happen. It's kind of a new strategy to come for William and not "anorexic/fugly/doormat/unfuckable" Kate. Good luck with it, because William comes across to most of the UK public as the only one with a spine and the BDE energy is real.

by Anonymousreply 79June 28, 2022 12:16 AM

"Doughy." Uh-huh. Right.

Trolls, it works best if you base your trolling on something that COULD be true. Like the baldness thing works better because William actually is mostly bald. The doughy and weak thing doesn't work because it's so obviously not true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80June 28, 2022 12:19 AM

This happened in January 2021 and is just now coming to light. William is in video losing it over a rogue photographer who was “stalking” the Cambridges on a family bike ride.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81June 28, 2022 4:14 AM

Did he beat up the photographer while yelling "You won't stop until you kill her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

No? Then fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 82June 28, 2022 4:30 AM

The daily beast is doing sussex dirty work.

by Anonymousreply 83June 28, 2022 4:31 AM

I watched the video and although William is visibly angry, at no point is he out of control or yelling. Honestly not sure how this is supposed to make him look bad??? It just makes him look like a protective father and husband tbh.

by Anonymousreply 84June 28, 2022 4:51 AM

He’s protecting his kids from an unusual invasion of privacy.

by Anonymousreply 85July 11, 2022 6:31 PM

Poor Kate is so desperate to get William as far away from Rose as possible.

And according to all their fans here on Datalounge, Windsor is terrible place to live. According to them it's noisy, and no one wants to live there

by Anonymousreply 86July 13, 2022 8:54 PM

It's not exactly unusual. As soon as my brother and sister-in-law had their first child, they moved out of the city and back to the rural county that my brother was raised in.

When you've got a family and get older, the city is a lot less attractive and many see it for what it is.

by Anonymousreply 87July 13, 2022 9:13 PM

They have a new article out too r83 claiming that Meghan's Montecito neighbors all call her "princess" lmfao. I'll bet they do haha...

by Anonymousreply 88July 13, 2022 9:36 PM

R86 Catch up. Rose rumor. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 89July 13, 2022 10:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!