Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Former Child Actor Wanted To Kill Justin Trudeau - But Killed His Mother Instead

According to the admission of facts read out by the Crown, Ryan Grantham shot his mother Barbara Waite, 64, in the back of the head while she played piano in their Squamish townhouse on March 31, 2020.

The next day, while her body still lay in the pool of blood, Grantham loaded his car with three guns, ammunition, 12 Molotov cocktails, camping supplies and a printed Google map with directions to Rideau Cottage in Ottawa.

Grantham mentioned killing Trudeau in both his statement to police and in excerpts from his private journal that were read out in court.

The court heard how Grantham had escalating feelings of self loathing, hopelessness and a desire to commit violence in the months leading up to the murder. He was struggling with school, smoking a lot of cannabis, feeling angry and anxious over perceived failures, and contemplating suicide.

In the days before the murder, Grantham did a walk-through of the crime, surreptitiously approaching his mother with a gun on at least one occasion.

He also recorded himself on a GoPro camera. One video that was shown in court appears to show the walk-through. In another, taken on the day of the murder, he shows his mother's body and describes what happens.

"I shot her in the back of the head," he says. "In the moments after, she would have known it was me."

In his statement to police, Grantham said in the hours after the murder he freaked out, wrote in his journal, took the video, went out to get money, marijuana and beer, came home, experimented with making Molotov cocktails and watched Netflix for two and half hours. He then covered his mother's body with a sheet and went to bed.

The March 31 entry in his journal reads in part, "I'm so sorry mom, I'm so sorry Lisa ... I hate myself.

"There's a lot of media of me out there … film and TV … hundreds of hours of me that can be viewed and dissected ... No one will understand," the journal reads.

Before leaving Squamish on April 1, he hung a rosary from the piano and arranged lit candles around the body.

Waite's body was found by her daughter on the evening of April 1. Lisa Grantham went to the home concerned after her mother failed to return phone calls and messages.

In her victim impact statement, Lisa Grantham said her life and career has been devastated by the murder. She said there is no doubt in her mind that her brother is a dangerous person.

"How can I trust anybody when my only sibling chose to execute my mom when her back was turned," she said to the court.

Second-degree murder comes with an automatic life sentence. The Crown is asking for 17 to 18 years of parole ineligibility.

Grantham's defence has yet to make submissions. The hearing will resume on Tuesday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 22, 2022 12:27 PM

OP, you scared me to death. Your headline in such a way that I thought this kid killed Margaret Trudeau.

by Anonymousreply 1June 14, 2022 12:30 AM

[quote] Ryan Grantham shot his mother Barbara Waite, 64, in the back of the head while she played piano in their Squamish townhouse

Everyone's a critic.

by Anonymousreply 2June 14, 2022 12:32 AM

*Sorry, I meant "Your headline is worded in such a way that I thought this kid killed Margaret Trudeau."

by Anonymousreply 3June 14, 2022 12:34 AM

How many years will he serve for this in Canada? 4? 5?

by Anonymousreply 4June 14, 2022 12:37 AM

Cold-blooded. He doesn’t deserve to live.

by Anonymousreply 5June 14, 2022 12:40 AM

Classic murderous Twink eyes.

by Anonymousreply 6June 14, 2022 12:41 AM

RUDE!

by Anonymousreply 7June 14, 2022 12:42 AM

His mother had him at age 50?

by Anonymousreply 8June 14, 2022 12:57 AM

After this news broke about another death threat

Justin Trudeau haters are pushing the hashtag #CowardoftheCottage (about Trudeau in his cottage) - saying it is too bad the killer didn't finish the job

by Anonymousreply 9June 14, 2022 1:36 AM

Sorry but I loved him as a kid.

He was in one of my favorite Supernatural episodes, "Wishful Thinking."

It was about a wishing well that granted wishes, and he wished to be strong so that he could beat up his bullies.

Ryan played the character of "Todd."

When he got his wish, he finally beat up his bullies, and said this hilarious line which was a play on the General Zod line from Superman II "Kneel Before Zod!!!" but instead he said "Kneel before Todd!!!"

It was fucking hilarious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 15, 2022 12:20 AM

Math is hard, R8

by Anonymousreply 11June 15, 2022 12:22 AM

Ryan Grantham versus Jensen Ackles... rofl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 15, 2022 12:23 AM

sad..

by Anonymousreply 13June 16, 2022 12:28 AM

He seemed fairly normal.

I wonder what set him off? Mental illness?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 18, 2022 1:37 AM

I don't like to use the excuse of mental illness in cases of violent white males, but this guy does seem like he's afflicted somehow. I'm glad he turned himself in before he killed other people. His poor mother though....how horrible.

by Anonymousreply 15June 18, 2022 1:43 AM

#straightmen.

by Anonymousreply 16June 18, 2022 1:46 AM

[quote] #straightmen.

Maybe not.

The lady in the video at R14 mentioned something about depression and self-loathing.

by Anonymousreply 17June 18, 2022 1:47 AM

I stumbled upon this on Reddit, but was working up a title:

“Matricidal Canadian Twink Child Actor Murders Piano Playing Mother, Almost Killed Prime Minister!”

But your is fine OP.

by Anonymousreply 18June 22, 2022 8:25 AM

R6 More like classic murderous young dyke eyes.

by Anonymousreply 19June 22, 2022 8:28 AM

Tragic that homosexual satanist Justin Castro still lives

by Anonymousreply 20June 22, 2022 8:32 AM

Hello?

by Anonymousreply 21June 22, 2022 10:46 AM

Fidel Castro is probably the biological father

by Anonymousreply 22June 22, 2022 12:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!