Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"What Really Happened to Baby Jane" at 11:11 CST on TCM

A drag parody of WHET Baby Jane tonight 6/13/22

by Anonymousreply 15June 16, 2022 2:09 PM

I saw it last night at a movie theater - part of Fathom's summer of musty old movies - and the room was virtually empty. Of course, several old gays showed up to see it, but I was the only one under 40.

by Anonymousreply 1June 13, 2022 3:50 PM

Sorry, I meant I saw the real thing last night. Not whatever this catshit drag parody is supposed to be.

by Anonymousreply 2June 13, 2022 3:50 PM

Drag parodies never improve upon the original.

They are usually tedious.

by Anonymousreply 3June 13, 2022 3:53 PM

The only reinterpretation I've ever wanted to see would star Madonna and Courtney Love. I used to assume Courtney would play Jane, but now that Courtney's the more demure and age-appropriate one, the roles might be reversed.

by Anonymousreply 4June 13, 2022 3:58 PM

R4 Except neither of those chemical sacks can act worth a damn!

by Anonymousreply 5June 13, 2022 3:59 PM

R5 Courtney can act.

by Anonymousreply 6June 13, 2022 4:01 PM

R6 She can't even act sober on Court TV.

by Anonymousreply 7June 13, 2022 4:06 PM

It'll be on again in around an hour and a half.

by Anonymousreply 8June 14, 2022 2:40 AM

This short was awful, as was the one that followed on TCM - A parody of The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone. I couldn't watch the third one. I'm so sorry for wasting space on DL to recommend this piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 9June 14, 2022 8:54 PM

Missed it. My partner found me snoring in front of the TV with the short on. A surreal sight, he wished he'd taken a video.

by Anonymousreply 10June 14, 2022 9:05 PM

"Snoring in front of the TV" is a perfect title for a review of that trilogy of crap.

by Anonymousreply 11June 14, 2022 9:09 PM

R1, it’s funny, some locations were packed, and others were virtually empty

by Anonymousreply 12June 16, 2022 4:12 AM

R12 You could say the same about a weekend with friends who bottom.

by Anonymousreply 13June 16, 2022 1:40 PM

[quote]Drag parodies never improve upon the original.

I found "Die Mommie Die" far more enjoyable than "Dead Ringer"

by Anonymousreply 14June 16, 2022 2:07 PM

The problem with parodies is that the original versions are usually funnier than the parody.

by Anonymousreply 15June 16, 2022 2:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!