Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gilmore Girls

What a fun show!

Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Kelly Bishop, and Edward Herrmann are the titular Gilmores.

The supporting cast included Scott Patterson, Melissa McCarthy, Keiko Agena, Yanic Truesdale, Liza Weil, Jared Padalecki , Milo Ventimiglia, Matt Czurchy, Sean Gunn, Chris Eigeman, Liz Torres, Sally Struthers, Jackson Douglas, Michael Winters, David Sutcliffe, Scott Cohen, Dakin Matthews, Chad Michael Murray, Alex Borstein, and the legendary Marion Ross as Mrs. Lorelai Gilmore I.

Campy at times, heart wrenching at times, and a hoot most of the times, Gilmore Girls rightfully should be discussed on DL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189January 3, 2024 4:05 PM

The show really belonged to Edward Herrmann and Kelly Bishop. Without them, the show would not have been as good.

by Anonymousreply 1June 11, 2022 4:27 PM

Great. A thread about a show from 20 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 2June 11, 2022 4:28 PM

Hey, OP, have you heard about this show called Sex and the City?

by Anonymousreply 3June 11, 2022 4:29 PM

I'm not too familiar with the show. I only know it from mention that Lauren Graham was something of a cunt (to extras in particular) on the set of it.

by Anonymousreply 4June 11, 2022 4:30 PM

R2 There are thousands of threads about shows like Golden Girls- from the 1980's. So fight me.

R3 That is the show that stars Kim Cattrall, right?

R4 Graham has always seemed bitchy.

by Anonymousreply 5June 11, 2022 4:32 PM

"There are thousands of threads about shows like Golden Girls- from the 1980's."

That justifies the existence of this pointless thread?

by Anonymousreply 6June 11, 2022 4:35 PM

Graham's attitude has been mentioned many times of Datalounge. Is that from one person? Or is there some weight behind it? I don't know. Of all people she comes up a lot.

by Anonymousreply 7June 11, 2022 4:35 PM

R7 I have heard Edward Herrmann and Kelly Bishop were extremely classy and kind to the extras and crew.

by Anonymousreply 8June 11, 2022 4:37 PM

couldn't stand it, the ridiculous dialogue between the mother and daughter and both talking a mile a minute, self important characters. Kelly Bishop and Edward Herrmann were the only redeeming features.

by Anonymousreply 9June 11, 2022 4:41 PM

Mother and daughter as best friends---terrible message to send. Thankfully, they were insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 10June 11, 2022 4:43 PM

MadTV

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 11, 2022 4:44 PM

Was it the precursor to THIS IS US?

by Anonymousreply 12June 11, 2022 4:46 PM

Academy Award winner Rami Malek got his start on this show. He is in one scene with Lane, playing a 7th Day Adventist with a thing for "Assistant Pastor Eric". The sweater vest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 11, 2022 4:49 PM

No R12, that was 7th Heaven.

by Anonymousreply 14June 11, 2022 4:49 PM

My mother likes this show and THIS IS US.

by Anonymousreply 15June 11, 2022 4:51 PM

My mother was pretty much Emily Gilmore, minus the warmth, and she never watched television.

by Anonymousreply 16June 11, 2022 4:52 PM

So finally a thread about this show with those insufferable, selfish, self-centered bitches?

The only way to watch is to hate watch it.

My god these people were beyond ridiculous in their self-absorption.

Many got their start on this show.

Chad, Jared, Rami, the dude from the OC, Milo, Liza, the idiot Gunn brother. Lots more, I’m sure.

by Anonymousreply 17June 11, 2022 4:55 PM

R12 R14 No It was Brothers and Sisters!

by Anonymousreply 18June 11, 2022 5:00 PM

R17 They were not selfish people. Lorelai just put her happiness above others

by Anonymousreply 19June 11, 2022 5:01 PM

Actually, R12 and R18, it was Sisters.

😬😬

by Anonymousreply 20June 11, 2022 5:37 PM

R19 = Lorelei Gilmore

by Anonymousreply 21June 11, 2022 5:57 PM

Fat straight fraus. LOVE this show. It’s their holy gospel.

by Anonymousreply 22June 11, 2022 6:00 PM

That’s truly pathetic, R22.

by Anonymousreply 23June 11, 2022 6:29 PM

Who would have called Melissa McCarthy as the one who would go on and have the biggest post-Gilmore career, followed by Padalecki and Ventimiglia.

by Anonymousreply 24June 11, 2022 6:37 PM

I prefer Gillian Girls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 11, 2022 6:38 PM

It's cozy but I found the mother and daughter irritating with their entitlement and whining. Alexis Bledel just couldn't act to me. If Lorelei wasn't hot and was ugly I doubt people would tolerate her vapid nature. Side characters were charming. I loved the scenery. I have no interest in rewatching it because it always background noise for me too unwind when it came on.

by Anonymousreply 26June 11, 2022 6:42 PM

7th Heaven and The Secret Life of the American Teenager were comedies disguised in conservative Christian drama. Hilariously bad writing, acting and dialogue and you can tell the actors were just there for a paycheck. Comparable to the Tyler Perry dramas. Jessica Biel and Shailene Woodley were lucky to survive those trainwreck shows without it destroying their careers.

by Anonymousreply 27June 11, 2022 6:47 PM

[quote] Mother and daughter as best friends---terrible message to send. Thankfully, they were insufferable.

Very upperclass white attitude. Parents and teachers shouldn't be friends. I'm not saying they should be overly strict but have a firm but fair attitude and establish boundaries and respect. When the child is an adult maybe in your late 20s, you start to build a friendship with your parents due the maturity gap closing. I know many white adults who had hands off parenting like that and they wished their parents were more strict and discipline them because it would have given them more structure and a sense of direction in life.

by Anonymousreply 28June 11, 2022 6:52 PM

R23 I’ve known at least 3 fat straight fraus who were OBSESSED with Gilmore girls.

I tried watching it once and got so irritated by those shrill paragraphs that the two leads spoke in - I turned it right off.

by Anonymousreply 29June 11, 2022 7:27 PM

It's the TV equivalent of pumpkin spice and Pinterest.

by Anonymousreply 30June 11, 2022 7:42 PM

It's my choice for worst "great" show ever made. I cannot think of a more overrated television show. I am convinced nobody but the frauiest frau can handle the fucking banter on this show.

by Anonymousreply 31June 11, 2022 8:01 PM

R31 it’s a type of frau known as a “Gilmore fat.” Even if she is a skinny bitch now - trust that at some point she was fat.

by Anonymousreply 32June 11, 2022 8:23 PM

^No, it was Parenthood.

by Anonymousreply 33June 11, 2022 8:28 PM

They show this to soldiers with PTSD, and they find it very soothing.

by Anonymousreply 34June 11, 2022 10:56 PM

The same actress who played Kelly Taylor's mother on 90210, Ann Gillespie, also plays Paris Gellar's mom.

by Anonymousreply 35June 11, 2022 10:58 PM

The only good thing about the show was the visual eye candy of a young Milo Ventimiglia.

by Anonymousreply 36June 11, 2022 11:17 PM

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Paris’ mom on the show.

What season was she on?

Mayhaps you are thinking of her Brazilian nanny? She helped Doyle feel better when he had a cold and she picked Paris up from school when they were caught in the principals office for some stupid initiation ceremony.

by Anonymousreply 37June 12, 2022 1:50 AM

It starts entertaining enough.

But, you eventually realize what a narcissist Lorelei is, as well as Rory, how entitled she is, and how she constantly cries about being a victim when she does some pretty awful stuff in the name of that victimhood.

Lorelei only gets away with what she does because she's hot.

by Anonymousreply 38June 12, 2022 1:58 AM

Rory and her obnoxious friends always reminding themselves how clever they are and trying to out do one another, ick.

by Anonymousreply 39June 12, 2022 2:07 AM

Every time one of those "characters" said a line, you expect them to look straight into the camera and say "isn't that clever?"

It was interesting how totally fucked up Lorelei really was and ironically, the guy who was best for her was probably Jared.

by Anonymousreply 40June 12, 2022 2:07 AM

McCarthy got the last laugh when she turned down the reboot because she had gone on to much bigger projects. From all accounts the reboot was awful anyway.

by Anonymousreply 41June 12, 2022 2:08 AM

[quote] They show this to soldiers with PTSD, and they find it very soothing.

It would cause me to blow my brains out.

by Anonymousreply 42June 12, 2022 2:09 AM

Kelly Bishop was the best character on this show hands down.

by Anonymousreply 43June 12, 2022 2:20 AM

+1, r43

by Anonymousreply 44June 12, 2022 2:41 AM

[quote]7th Heaven and The Secret Life of the American Teenager were comedies disguised in conservative Christian drama.

Yet I found Secret Life oddly compelling. It must have been Daren Kagasoff who drew me in. Or perhaps Austin Stowell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 12, 2022 2:47 AM

Emily outburst during her DAR meeting is my favorite scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46June 12, 2022 9:23 AM

Emily's takedown of Shira Huntzberger at the DAR event was pretty good, as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47June 12, 2022 12:30 PM

I was gonna say she’s the original uber, selfish cunt but then I remembered the grandmother.

Now that bitch was beyond loathsome and hateful.

by Anonymousreply 48June 12, 2022 4:01 PM

[quote]So finally a thread about this show with those insufferable, selfish, self-centered bitches?

r17, finally? I was about to say is it already time for another Gilmore Girls thread?

by Anonymousreply 49June 12, 2022 4:37 PM

Lorelai n Rory deserved to be single

by Anonymousreply 50June 12, 2022 4:56 PM

[Quote] 7th Heaven and The Secret Life of the American Teenager were comedies disguised in conservative Christian drama. Hilariously bad writing, acting and dialogue and you can tell the actors were just there for a paycheck. Comparable to the Tyler Perry dramas. Jessica Biel and Shailene Woodley were lucky to survive those trainwreck shows without it destroying their careers.

I was shocked when Shailene went from The Secret Life to starring in The Descendants. I never finished it but the amount of times the characters said [italic]sex[/italic] during an episode was ridiculous. And i would love to know what kind of residuals the 7th Heaven cast are getting now thanks to Stephen.

by Anonymousreply 51June 13, 2022 7:24 AM

I used to watch Gilmore Girls on my laundry day, not great TV but was nice to have on while I did chores. The only problem was that I decided to go to the TWoP forums and talk about Gilmore Girls, and nothing will kill your fondness for a show than talking to a bunch of really stupid, angry people about it once a week.

by Anonymousreply 52June 13, 2022 8:14 AM

[quote]McCarthy got the last laugh when she turned down the reboot because she had gone on to much bigger projects. From all accounts the reboot was awful anyway.

McCarthy was in the reboot, R41.

by Anonymousreply 53June 13, 2022 9:30 AM

Edward Herrmann got fat

by Anonymousreply 54June 14, 2022 2:22 PM

R53 for about 14 seconds

by Anonymousreply 55June 14, 2022 3:57 PM

Rory was so weedy and pathetic looking and talked like she was chewing the sides of her mouth.

by Anonymousreply 56June 15, 2022 6:47 AM

who would choose to live in poverty over the life Lorelai's parents could provide for her.

by Anonymousreply 57June 15, 2022 6:48 AM

I loved Luke and watched it for Luke and only for Luke -- who reminded my of my first boyfriend: a hyper masculine curmudgeon who actually had a heart of gold.

Fun fact: My sister used to frequently wait on Lauren and Melissa at a fancy brunch place in Hollywood. Shockingly, she swore that Lauren was a total sweetheart and Melissa was the cunt.

by Anonymousreply 58June 15, 2022 7:09 AM

R55 that's hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 59June 15, 2022 10:30 AM

I was around when the show aired but could never watch because of the irritating banter between the characters. I had no idea Melissa McCarthy was a regular on this program until years later.An annoying show.

by Anonymousreply 60June 15, 2022 10:43 AM

An annoying, infuriating series in which the three lead actresses talk to one another with the same accent, tempo and tone. Are they clones?

by Anonymousreply 61June 15, 2022 10:44 AM

The writers got paid by the word.

by Anonymousreply 62June 15, 2022 11:01 AM

DL wants to be Emily Gilmore so bad

by Anonymousreply 63June 16, 2022 8:22 PM

Haha, the Yale professor telling the chosen one that she’s too stupid to take too many classes and that she has to drop his.

He’s not In her thrall at least.

by Anonymousreply 64June 17, 2022 7:59 PM

R64 was that Michael York?

by Anonymousreply 65June 17, 2022 8:39 PM

This show, and so many like it (especially RomComs) set in small towns always makes it look like small towns are quirky unknown jewels. They portray happening places with lots of eccentric, but fun residents. The markets are usually bright and bustling with people, lots of people are also shown walking by in background scenes - restaurants, bars, libraries, etc. I've been to many small towns in all areas of the country and they are not any of these things. I realize this is fantasy and tv and escapist, and yadda yadda, but it's also a huge LIE. So many people I've known who got sick of the noise and crowds in their cities, and decided to find their very own Stars Hollow, ended up completely disenchanted. Ah well - maybe don't base your plans and goals on the pretty pretty that Hollywood tries to sell you.

by Anonymousreply 66June 17, 2022 10:06 PM

No, I think York comes in on a later year.

It’s just a rando professor who isn’t buying her “quirkiness” or “charm”.

by Anonymousreply 67June 17, 2022 10:33 PM

I remember Melissa McCarthy from the trailer for that movie Go. She always stuck out to me.

Who plays the trophy wife in the clip from R46? Is that Starlite from The Boys?

by Anonymousreply 68June 18, 2022 6:37 AM

[Quote] This show, and so many like it (especially RomComs) set in small towns always makes it look like small towns are quirky unknown jewels.

Or sometimes a Hellmouth, like Sunnydale.

by Anonymousreply 69June 18, 2022 12:41 PM

I once jerked off the fanfic story of Luke and Jess fucking each other.

by Anonymousreply 70June 18, 2022 2:11 PM

Ugh, gross, R70.

by Anonymousreply 71June 18, 2022 8:45 PM

Jess was always such a turd.

He treated the golden child terribly (not that that was a horrible thing) but he was surly and had a terrible ‘tude.

by Anonymousreply 72June 18, 2022 8:47 PM

Someone like Luke would never have fallen for a lazy, entitled, pampered and whiny drama queen like Lorelai. He'd have been more likely to date and marry the Melissa McCarthy character.

by Anonymousreply 73June 19, 2022 7:02 AM

They really tried to shove the character of Kirk (Sean Gunn) down our throats as being this oddball lovable character. I fucking couldn’t stand him.

by Anonymousreply 74June 19, 2022 7:20 AM

Its depressing to think how the show began with Rory being the intelligent . promising , ambitious Ivy League-bound teenager only to end with Rory as an unemployed pregnant 30 year old back living at home. She inherited Lorelai bad choices and judgments.

I'm glad Emily have a much-deserved happy ending after decades dealing with the 2 bitches.

by Anonymousreply 75June 19, 2022 7:56 AM

I don't really remember what happened in the reboot. Did we ever find out who the baby daddy was? I guess it was Logan's kid so at least it doesn't have to live in a garden shed growing up.

by Anonymousreply 76June 19, 2022 10:23 AM

Nope, R76, we didn’t find out who the baby daddy was.

That’s even more pathetic than what happened to Lorelei.

Skank slept with about 2 or 3 different guys in that small time frame.

by Anonymousreply 77June 19, 2022 2:50 PM

Logan was the worst and I always thought he was hired because other networks were always stealing Rory's boyfriends so they got a guy who looked like a lesbian and no one would take him from the show. In true Rory fashion, only when it was too late did she understand Dean was the best choice for her. It is significant that for a show with dysfunctional relationships at its core, they kept pushing bad boy with the heart of gold Jess as the ideal boyfriend for Rory when it was obvious to anyone what a disaster that would have been.

by Anonymousreply 78June 19, 2022 2:52 PM

It actually was a complete disaster.

Dean was the perfect first love for anybody, really.

I wonder how much Jared’s popularity affected the storyline. He was always off filming movies and stuff so he was hardly ever around any more.

Logan was the male version of Rory: self-involved, spoilt, always given the easy way out, and entitled, to boot.

by Anonymousreply 79June 19, 2022 3:10 PM

Terminally verbose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80June 19, 2022 3:23 PM

Matt Czuchry had a much more successful career, imo. He was a co-star on the Good Wife for several seasons and moved on to his own series the Resident. Jared did 15 seasons of Supernatural on the CW. Blah.

I also think Czuchry is much hotter than Jared. Especially in his 40s now. Surprisingly, there was never any gossip about any girlfriends and he's still not married. He either really likes to keep his private life private or he's a closeted gay.

by Anonymousreply 81June 19, 2022 3:36 PM

The perfect ending for Jess/Rory would be if she told him she was breaking up with him and he beat the shit out of her. But that would have been too much reality for the influential young girls who watched the show.

by Anonymousreply 82June 19, 2022 3:53 PM

I always found the show unwatchable. I was surprised that it was supposed to be in Connecticut, because it seemed nothing like anyplace in the Nutmeg State. Stars Hollow is the name of a town you'd expect in West Virginia or maybe Montana but not New England. The thing about Connecticut is that the rest of New England thinks it's too close to New York and New Yorkers think it's in New England. That netherworld is difficult to capture and even quaint towns like Essex are nothing like the show. Hartford is basically a stuffier, less boosterish version of Columbus, Ohio which doesn't translate well. Lorelei seems like a character from California (like Sherman-Palladino). Her parents seem to be from a generation that was dead by the time show debuted and a kind of people who were pretty much absent from West Hartford by 2000. The big houses on Prospect Street had become event venues or psychotherapist offices.

by Anonymousreply 83June 19, 2022 3:55 PM

Amen, R78! I hated when they pushed bad boys Logan and Jess as ideal for Rory. I hate when any show does that. BUT, it probably does resonate particularly with teen girls and young women.

I remember in college, a group of straight women and some of us gay men were hanging out. One of the women said, "I just want to meet a nice guy!" My friend, who was usually quiet but had had a bit to drink, jumped all over that and called bullshit. He proceeded to point out all the "bad boys" these girls had either dated and/or pined for. He said stop saying you want a nice guy when you want the exact opposite. To their credit, most of the women in the room admitted he was right.

I've always liked nice guys. I can't imagine ever going out with someone who treated me badly or acted like a jerk half the time, so the whole Jess and Logan thing was annoying.

by Anonymousreply 84June 19, 2022 11:28 PM

[quote] I also think Czuchry is much hotter than Jared. Especially in his 40s now.

I hated him on GG and didn’t think he was attractive then. It wasn’t until TGW that I took notice. He definitely got hotter with age.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85June 20, 2022 12:27 AM

[Quote] Jared did 15 seasons of Supernatural on the CW. Blah. I also think Czuchry is much hotter than Jared. Especially in his 40s now.

Jared was cute in the early 00s but looks a damn mess now. I'm sure the drinking doesn't help. And now he's doing another shitty CW reboot.

by Anonymousreply 86June 20, 2022 12:28 AM

On TWOP, Jess and Rory had a huge fan base. One said that when Dean got on the bus with Rory early on, that proved how controlling he was. And another was when Rory suggested Jess tried to rape her and Dean kicked his ass and Jess's fans noted that Dean threw the first and last punch. One fed up woman wrote that posters should place their ages in their posts because the older women understood the reality with guys like Jess. Another said there should have been a crossover on Judge Judy. Rory: He owes me $250.00. Jess: It wasn't a loan, it was a gift.

by Anonymousreply 87June 20, 2022 12:40 AM

OMG, that TJ is a complete and utter moron. He’s an idiot and completely annoying as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 88June 25, 2022 2:55 AM

Plus Lane and that stupid band of hers was a ridiculous storyline.

by Anonymousreply 89June 25, 2022 3:44 AM

Lane got the worst deal of all, stuck with that fucking loser manchild who makes TJ look smart. And she gets knocked up — with twins — the first time she gets laid. In the sand. In Mexico. On her shitty, shitty honeymoon.

by Anonymousreply 90June 25, 2022 4:27 AM

OP Are you a reporter for TV Guide?

by Anonymousreply 91June 25, 2022 4:45 AM

I don’t know if I should be horrified that the dumb girl had no idea what a Birkin bag is, or if she’s just that self-centered to never have heard about this bag. 😳😳😳

JFC.

How clueless can you be?? Even Logan was a little puzzled.

by Anonymousreply 92June 25, 2022 6:23 AM

[quote] Lane got the worst deal of all, stuck with that fucking loser manchild who makes TJ look smart. And she gets knocked up — with twins — the first time she gets laid. In the sand. In Mexico. On her shitty, shitty honeymoon.

This is what happens when you chase that white dick.

by Anonymousreply 93June 25, 2022 11:17 AM

R93, early, Lane had a Korean boyfriend. Really smart, funny and cute but he couldn't take the family situation and dumped her. Mrs. Kim was the first Tiger Mom on TV.

by Anonymousreply 94June 25, 2022 2:34 PM

I liked this show when it was first on, but the more I watch the reruns, the more annoying it becomes to me, especially Lorelei.

by Anonymousreply 95June 25, 2022 3:04 PM

I've know a few women who had kids in their teens. And none of them had the non stop energy that Lorelei had. They were all exhausted physically and mentally by about 29.

by Anonymousreply 96June 25, 2022 3:13 PM

Their diet of coffee and hamburgers was impossible.

by Anonymousreply 97June 25, 2022 3:14 PM

I hated the hypocrisy. Lorelai could never afford a private school or Ivy League education for her daughter, but even after taking the money from her parents she just could not stop looking down on them and their lifestyle. If she couldn't afford Chilton and hated her parents that much, Rory should have gone to public school and Community College or try and get a scholarship like the rest of us. Lorelai always choose the easy way out bc she had a safety net.

Best example, Richard gives her a check over $70k. Her parents apparently invested some money for her and instead of refusing to take the check, she offers to repay the Chilton loan with THEIR OWN FUCKING MONEY.

by Anonymousreply 98June 25, 2022 3:43 PM

Alexis Bledel has to be the most boring latina who ever lived.

by Anonymousreply 99June 25, 2022 4:07 PM

R99 Hilarious Baldwin is a more convincing Latin woman.

by Anonymousreply 100June 25, 2022 5:25 PM

Never trust a Latina with a German surname.

by Anonymousreply 101June 25, 2022 5:28 PM

R100, absolutely. At least Hilaria provides me with (unintentional) laughter--something Bledel can never provide regardless of the role she's in.

by Anonymousreply 102June 25, 2022 6:43 PM

Her dad is Argentinian, I believe.

What is her mom?

by Anonymousreply 103June 25, 2022 7:30 PM

Exactly, R98!

Her entitlement is off the charts.

She walked away from all the parents had. It’s been a major sticking point with me that she didn’t want wealth and that lifestyle.

Why. The. Fuck. Not???

by Anonymousreply 104June 25, 2022 7:35 PM

R98 and R104 Agreed. She was so entitled, but wanted to be apart of that lifestyle at the same time. She was never in any real poverty or anything.

by Anonymousreply 105June 25, 2022 7:37 PM

R103 Her mother was born in Arizona ( I believe to Anglo American parents though I could be wrong) but raised in Mexico City.

by Anonymousreply 106June 25, 2022 7:54 PM

I'm assuming Amy Sherman grew up fairly wealthy. Her writing always seemed like it had to come from someone who never had to worry about money.

by Anonymousreply 107June 25, 2022 7:57 PM

Thanks R106.

I think Alexis and her family lived in Houston.

by Anonymousreply 108June 25, 2022 8:08 PM

I wanted to Luke to fuck me hard while I sucked off Max.

I really don't think that's too impossible a dream.

by Anonymousreply 109June 27, 2022 8:13 AM

I didn't like that everyone and everything was deemed lame and uncool unless specifically approved by the Gilmore girls. They would be invited to somebody's house and spend the entire time ridiculing the decor. But then Lorelai would think it soo hip and quirky to exchange crystal candlesticks (gifted by Emily) for a tacky ass monkey lamp. Or Rory criticizing a friend for eating "liquid cheese on chips" while the bitch ate all sorts of unhealthy shit. Obnoxious cunts.

by Anonymousreply 110June 27, 2022 8:43 AM

Gilmore Whores

by Anonymousreply 111June 28, 2022 5:13 AM

r109 Luke read BDF .

by Anonymousreply 112June 28, 2022 7:11 AM

I wonder if the rumors that Graham and Scott disliked each other are true?

Imaging having to work with someone you despise? Worse, when they became a couple? That kissing and intimacy?

Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 113June 28, 2022 10:44 PM

R113 it's true and sometime working with someone you dislike makes the chemistry even better.

by Anonymousreply 114June 29, 2022 3:20 AM

It is the height of selfishness that the dumb girl chose her mothers graduation day to take a hike to NYC.

JFC, what was she thinking? That’s right, she wasn’t. Just thinking about seeing that complete loser Jess.

And then that verbal diarrhea at the end trying to explain herself? Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 115June 30, 2022 4:27 AM

I loved the Paris Geller character. She was so bitchy and had the best insults.

by Anonymousreply 116June 30, 2022 8:00 AM

[Quote] I loved the Paris Geller character. She was so bitchy and had the best insults.

I didn't recognise her on How To Get Away With Murder, she lost alot of weight.

by Anonymousreply 117June 30, 2022 8:10 AM

If I met a Paris Geller in the real world, I’d file a restraining order.

by Anonymousreply 118June 30, 2022 3:06 PM

I'd expect this kind of venting on DL, but the fact that people in Hollywood called it out on Facebook, with their names attached, shows how much they give no fucks.

From 2016 when the revival was announced

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119June 30, 2022 4:53 PM

R119 interesting. I have heard that Edward Herrmann and Kelly Bishop were cordial, classy, and the quintessential professions on the set.

by Anonymousreply 120June 30, 2022 4:58 PM

Sean Gunn's (Kirk) father commented and was surprised people thought his son was an ass. Haha. The actor who played one of Logan's douchebag friends commented. Interesting. It seems he was already aware the show at a bad reputation and tried to make a difference on his next show.

I remember actor Stellan Skarsgard commenting on his son Alexander's success in Hollywood. He said he didn't really care if a project bombed or made money, people thought he was a sex symbol etc. He said he would only be disappointed if someone told him his son treated people badly. I don't remember the exact quote but he was such a class act. His greatest disappointment and failure would be if his son didn't treat people with respect.

by Anonymousreply 121June 30, 2022 5:47 PM

I've never watched the show but it sounds awful.

I think it was hearing that the name of the town where the show is set was "Stars Hollow" which is such a terribly twee name. It set me right off watching it.

Also: "smart" bantery dialogue full of pop culture references is such a turn-off. It's so phony and writery.

by Anonymousreply 122July 1, 2022 9:38 AM

R122 the mid 2000s had a plethora of comedies involving verbose, overly elaborate conversations or even insults. Scrubs, veep, etc. Though obviously GG was very different in tone from those shows. It was fresh at first but over time it became just as tired as the cheesy one liners of 80s sitcoms. I quickly got tired of Veep because no one could ever make a quick cutting remark. Every insult had to be at least 10 paragraphs and have the word fuck in it dozens of times.

by Anonymousreply 123July 1, 2022 1:41 PM

R122 30 Rock did it way better.

by Anonymousreply 124July 1, 2022 2:11 PM

Spoilt bitch applying to the three main Ivy League universities and getting accepted by all three of them.

Yeah, right.

by Anonymousreply 125July 1, 2022 2:17 PM

R85 He was always lovely, the best of the boyfriends. Rory never should have turned down his offer. And for what?

by Anonymousreply 126July 1, 2022 2:22 PM

[quote]He was always lovely, the best of the boyfriends. Rory never should have turned down his offer. And for what?

Logan was an asshat until he decided he couldn't live without magic P. Then, he became whipped as straight men are wont to do.

Also, in the follow, he was cheating on his fiancee with Rory - and she was cheating on her boyfriend who they made into a running joke in the show. Pretty much sums up the type of entitled and narcissistic person she turned out to be as an adult.

by Anonymousreply 127July 1, 2022 5:57 PM

Good Jesus, that woman is completely exhausting!

Everything is a fight or an argument or an explanation. All. The. Time.

by Anonymousreply 128July 2, 2022 3:37 AM

Well, looking back now, R126, she should have taken his offer.

Rich beyond measure.

Life of leisure, she’s used to being a trophy wife (arranging luncheons, charity benefits, belongs to the DAR) her grandmother prepared her very well for that.

She would be in California now.

Instead she is preggers, by only ASPalladino knows who, she’s sort of poor, don’t know when her trust fund would have kicked in.

She’s back home with her crazy mom.

She’s having a whatever with said rich boyfriend. She’s kind of pathetic now.

by Anonymousreply 129July 2, 2022 3:47 AM

Forgot to add she’s a complete failure as a journalist, too.

by Anonymousreply 130July 2, 2022 3:50 AM

I would definitely sum this show up as a product of it's time. It's a WB show and a lot of them suffer from underwhelming acting and tons of filler and padding to stretch a plot to 45 minutes. Visually beautiful scenery and attractive actors but the storylines could get repetitive and dialogue dull. I only really watched it for Smallville. I watched the sitcoms like Reba and What I Like About You.

The WB filled the market for teen girls and young women at a time when it still neglected. It did it's job well and provided a lot of beloved series. When it became The CW, it made the smart choice to push the DC franchise and genre shows like Supernatural and The 100. Gossip Girl was also a very entertaining trashy soap. I also enjoyed Reaper, hate they cancelled it.

by Anonymousreply 131July 2, 2022 4:04 AM

[Quote] When it became The CW, it made the smart choice to push the DC franchise and genre shows like Supernatural and The 100. Gossip Girl was also a very entertaining trashy soap. I also enjoyed Reaper, hate they cancelled it.

It went to shit when it became the CW. That network is a joke and apparently good writers are impossible to find. I'm not sure how much longer they're going to milk the DC franchise for considering more than half of the shows have ended or been cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 132July 2, 2022 5:10 AM

[quote]Instead she is preggers, by only ASPalladino knows who, she’s sort of poor, don’t know when her trust fund would have kicked in.

While she had that random hookup, the implication is that it's Logan's baby in order to create a type of symmetry with Lorelai and her life.

Her brief conversation with the handsome David Sutcliffe, her father Christopher, suggests she intends to raise the kid on her own without the support of the father. However, as the story has always been about mothers and daughters. The inversion will be that Lorelai will be there for Rory in a way that Emily never was. The hint is also in the Luke/Lorelai baby stuff with Dr. Paris.

by Anonymousreply 133July 2, 2022 12:37 PM

Her career is kind of lackluster. She should have married Logan. At least she would have financial stability to continue her mediocre writing. Is Rory a trust fund baby? How old was she in the prequel? Normally trust funds kick in at a certain age - 25 or 30, no? I can't remember if Richard promised her a trust fund. Rory is an incredibly entitled cunt. Normal people her age would still have to pay their college loans and struggle with life, rent, unemployment. She got a free ride and is still an entitled whiny bitch.

by Anonymousreply 134July 2, 2022 12:46 PM

Yalie becomes shit journalist and whore.

End of story.

by Anonymousreply 135July 2, 2022 12:51 PM

Entitled Yalie running to her mother or her grandparents for help every time she's in trouble becomes shit journalist and whore.

by Anonymousreply 136July 2, 2022 12:53 PM

[quote]The actor who played one of Logan's douchebag friends commented. Interesting. It seems he was already aware the show at a bad reputation and tried to make a difference on his next show.

Was it the cute one with kind of bug eyes who was incredibly wealthy on the show?

by Anonymousreply 137July 2, 2022 1:01 PM

It was the Australian. Tanc Sade. I don't really remember his characters name or if he was cute. Logan's friends were all wealthy.

by Anonymousreply 138July 2, 2022 1:10 PM

His character's name was Finn.

by Anonymousreply 139July 2, 2022 1:22 PM

R138, I was thinking of Colin.

by Anonymousreply 140July 2, 2022 3:07 PM

[quote]Her career is kind of lackluster. She should have married Logan. At least she would have financial stability to continue her mediocre writing. Is Rory a trust fund baby? How old was she in the prequel? Normally trust funds kick in at a certain age - 25 or 30, no? I can't remember if Richard promised her a trust fund. Rory is an incredibly entitled cunt. Normal people her age would still have to pay their college loans and struggle with life, rent, unemployment. She got a free ride and is still an entitled whiny bitch.

It's not clear whether Richard left her anything. Richard did leave money for Luke to franchise Luke's, but Lorelai convinced Emily to give her the money to buy the other property to expand her inn empire.

However, Christopher inherited a boatload of money from his grandfather - the Hayden with the real money. He apparently had FU money to spare. He only had Gigi and Rory and no current wife. Sheri and he got divorced long before he inherited any money, and he had full custody of Gigi, so no alimony or child support.

I hate that I know all that...

by Anonymousreply 141July 2, 2022 3:52 PM

Is Matt Czuchury a gay? Mid 40’s, never married. Hmmmmm

by Anonymousreply 142July 2, 2022 3:54 PM

^Not married and I've never seen him with a girlfriend or heard he was dating anyone.

Thanks, r141. I guess Rory has to wait till her grandmother dies before she will inherit anything from the Gilmores. I doubt Christopher would still support a 30 yo adult, but who knows with these rich people.

I was always curious about the Gilmore wealth. Richard and Emily's house was kinda modest compared to very rich people (aka the Huntzbergers). It was also ridiculous that Emily would spend tens of thousands at a store and buy a timeshare (?) for private plane, but Richard was also almost broke and had to use his retirement savings when he started his business with Jason and his father threatened to sue them. These are upper middle class problems, but not something a person with serious wealth and "old money" would have to care about. What happened to Richard's mother's estate after she died? Christopher's parents were apparently also loaded and old money, but lived in a modest upper middle class house. They didn't really care about details on this show.

by Anonymousreply 143July 2, 2022 4:13 PM

At one point the great grandmother, was going to give Rory $250,000. I didn’t think it was a lot of money, honestly. Especially if the horrid great-grandma had houses in London and who knows where else.

Of course Lorelei had to ruin it for her and she didn’t get it.

How much is tuition at Yale? Emily and Richard were paying.

Emily didn’t buy a timeshare. She was only looking at the planes.

Didn’t Rory once say that someone in her family came over on the Mayflower? I think I heard that.

by Anonymousreply 144July 2, 2022 6:40 PM

Is this the show where the mother and daughter spit out pages of dialogue until you're screaming for mercy? Christ on a bicycle.

by Anonymousreply 145July 2, 2022 6:49 PM

Yes, it’s exhausting.

We must be gluttons for punishment.

It’s fun to watch and then criticize every little thing. 😬

by Anonymousreply 146July 2, 2022 6:56 PM

[quote]I doubt Christopher would still support a 30 yo adult, but who knows with these rich people.

Christopher has always had a LOT of guilt about not being involved in Rory's life. Also, for much of her life after he left his own home, he wasn't all the financially stable (his credit card got rejected when he tried to buy her an expensive book when he was first introduced). He didn't pay child support although he did pay for her final year at Yale when Rory wanted to cut-off Richard and Emily after they got upset about her having sex in the poolhouse with Logan.

Old money does not necessarily mean a lot of money. Brooke Astor was worth about $100mm when she died in 2007 at 105 years old. I always figured that Richard (and Emily) came from old money, but working wealthy, so not internet or hedge fund new money. If you consider Trix's offer to give Rory a $250K trust fund and her general lifestyle, if today's terms, Richard's mother probably had $20-30 million including the value of inherited properties in CT and her home in London. Richard probably earned around $500-600K a year as an EVP at the insurance company, plus stock and other incentives. Emily probably got some money from her family, but not a hefty amount - she probably had her own trust fund of $2-3mm. Emily is probably worth about $40-50mm with all of Richard's estate, including Trix's estate.

by Anonymousreply 147July 2, 2022 7:19 PM

One more thing - assuming that Lorelei doesn't blow it all, Rory stands to inherit a sizeable amount.

She doesn't need Logan's money. Assuming Emily doesn't do something ridiculous, she's probably easily living on the returns without touching the principle (even if she's only earing 4%, after-tax, she's still got plenty of money). Assuming that Gigi and Rory split Christopher's money, Rory is easily sitting on $100mm.

by Anonymousreply 148July 2, 2022 7:29 PM

Good good, that Taylor was a completely repugnant, asshole town manager, or whatever he was.

Just vile and loathsome.

by Anonymousreply 149July 6, 2022 7:26 PM

What a dumb fucking bitch.

She breaks up with the guy and goes to him and asks him not to hate her!!

What a cow.

She lists all of his positive attributes and even she can’t be that stupid to think that fucking loser is going to be better than him.

Because it’s all about her, she doesn’t want to be hated by Deans mom and sister. JFC.

by Anonymousreply 150July 7, 2022 5:04 AM

It is the height of stupidity and ignorance to not know that you apply to more than one college.

Lorelei’s attitude when she learned that Rory applied to more than one university has to be one of the dumbest things she ever freaked out about.

JFC.

by Anonymousreply 151July 7, 2022 5:46 AM

I remember the mother wearing daisy duke shorts and a t shirt with boots to her daughter's private school.

by Anonymousreply 152July 7, 2022 7:27 AM

R152 she's a cool mom.

by Anonymousreply 153July 7, 2022 11:42 AM

R152 I think she did that to piss Emily off too

by Anonymousreply 154July 7, 2022 3:28 PM

[quote][R152] I think she did that to piss Emily off too

She did it because she woke up late to drive Rory to her first day at Chilton. Additionally, she hadn't had time to pickup her dry cleaning, so had no work clothes.

She had no idea Emily would show up or that she'd have to meet the headmaster.

by Anonymousreply 155July 7, 2022 3:50 PM

So now the entire fucking town is all heart-broken and sad because they can’t attend a graduation ceremony? A YALE grad ceremony at that?

Of course they’re not gonna let in the riff-raff of some podunk town. Sheesh! The entitlement is off the fucking charts.

Plus everybody is acting like the chosen one is leaving town and never coming back!! 🙄🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 156July 7, 2022 8:46 PM

Wasn't this set in Connecticut? Bwahahahahaha.

by Anonymousreply 157July 8, 2022 4:04 PM

LOL, some website called Looper has an article about how much Rory Gilmore is hated and that she is a horrible, selfish person.

That she remains focused on herself and that she was “amoral”

She’s called callous because of her affair with Logan and that she’s incapable of remorse or self-reflection.

Ha! Spot on

by Anonymousreply 158July 13, 2022 8:25 PM

Dean finally came to his senses and dumped that fucking cow.

Stupid bitch.

God, I can’t believe she actually chose that piece of trash over wholesome adorable, handsome Dean.

by Anonymousreply 159July 20, 2022 10:26 PM

R143, actually I thought the older Gilmore's homes was one of the most convincing things on the show. When most television shows wealth it is new money. But the old money homes in New England are very much like where Emily and Richard live.

(Don't ask me how I know....but I do.)

by Anonymousreply 160July 21, 2022 12:58 AM

R160 I concur. They were very accurate old money

by Anonymousreply 161July 21, 2022 1:52 AM

[quote]God, I can’t believe she actually chose that piece of trash over wholesome adorable, handsome Dean.

Dean was gorgeous...but, he aged into this. Still handsome, but Logan has aged much better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162July 21, 2022 3:30 PM

I think R159 was referring to Milo's Jess who was a total douche.

by Anonymousreply 163July 21, 2022 6:04 PM

[quote]I think [R159] was referring to Milo's Jess who was a total douche.

After Jess left town after a backdoor pilot attempt at a spinoff starring Jess and Rob Estes as his estranged frather, Rory banged a then-married Dean, she wrote him a letter to salve her own conscience which his wife found. The wife divorced Dean. Rory and Dean got back together for a short period of time.

Once again, she treated him miserably in favor of Logan, and they broke up permanently this time.

by Anonymousreply 164July 21, 2022 8:25 PM

Wait, Dean divorced Lindsey??

When?

So who the hell was he talking about in the update? When he ran into Rory at the store and mentioned his wife and the kids?

It wasn’t the dumb blonde?

by Anonymousreply 165July 22, 2022 4:25 AM

Lindsay divorced him actually. He obviously remarried. Arielle Kebbel who played Lindsay was way, way hotter than Alexis Bledel.

by Anonymousreply 166July 22, 2022 5:24 AM

R162 alcoholism and anger issues will do that. But the five head doesn't help either. He looks like Hector Hammond these days.

by Anonymousreply 167July 22, 2022 8:10 AM

Oh, do fuck off, R167.

by Anonymousreply 168July 22, 2022 3:13 PM

R168 aww someone's triggered.

by Anonymousreply 169July 23, 2022 8:27 AM

Well, it seems even Bledel’s husband can’t stand her.

Apparently they just got divorced. They have one kid and they divorced in NYC.

Maybe that’s why Alexis left Handmaids Tale?

by Anonymousreply 170September 1, 2022 6:44 PM

R170 Vincent's no walk in the park either.

by Anonymousreply 171September 1, 2022 10:49 PM

R165, he married someone named "Jenny", who we've never met. They had 3 kids.

by Anonymousreply 172September 2, 2022 12:15 PM

When this show was on, money was not considered the end all and be all of life, as it is now. People actually wanted more out of life, and walking away from your controlling parents' money in order to be your own person was a thing people did, and was considered culturally admirable. I know this is a different time, and Greed is not just good, it is everything.

by Anonymousreply 173September 2, 2022 12:23 PM

In a recent podast Luke just stated his boundaries !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174September 5, 2022 6:36 AM

R174 congrats Luke 👏🏼 Now you know how women feel every single day.

by Anonymousreply 175September 5, 2022 6:58 AM

R1, you’re very right. I would love to see an edit of the show called Friday Night Dinner—compiling the dinners only. I found them so enjoyable.

Friday Night’s Alright for Fighting is my favorite episode for its defying the format, the slight inaccuracies in the characters’ memories and the catharsis achieved.

R34, I am not surprised that PTSD sufferers are soothed by the show. It’s my go to when depressed. It’s like a warm blanket.

by Anonymousreply 176November 14, 2022 1:49 PM

I could never get into it.

by Anonymousreply 177November 14, 2022 2:04 PM

R176, right there with you. Friday Night’s Alright for Fighting is my favorite episode. It felt totally relatable in terms of family arguments.

by Anonymousreply 178November 14, 2022 7:12 PM

The entire run of the show is going to start next Monday.

How long have they being doing that? I just discovered the marathon last year.

Didn’t know it was an every year thing.

by Anonymousreply 179November 18, 2022 5:53 PM

Is that the show with Mike Farrell from MASH as the father and some Greek girl played his daughter? Her dead mother's ghost kept stopping in for a chat.

by Anonymousreply 180November 18, 2022 9:53 PM

The amount of ass-kissing and gushing over a selfish, self-involved brat is ridiculous.

The last episode is absurd.

She was too much of a loser to be able to finagle a job after following Barry around for his campaign?

by Anonymousreply 181November 27, 2022 10:51 PM

Another ridiculous episode today.

Emily Gilmore is an unrepentant snob and hateful cow and an utter bitch. She practically sold her granddaughter to the highest bidders, good Christ.

Draping her in so many diamonds to show her off like a prized heifer. Dean had no answer to the situation he was in.

Rory of course is a selfish cunt and couldn’t defend her ridiculous position. Her grief lasted only a few moments of course. Then went and partied with the rich, spoilt assholes.

Even the equally ridiculous and spoilt mother was disappointed.

Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 182December 2, 2022 1:33 AM

I like the episode where Lorelei and Rory go to lunch at the Harvard guy's house.

The kids are creepy and they quiz each other about trivia.

by Anonymousreply 183January 3, 2024 3:16 AM

It was very Stepford-ish.

by Anonymousreply 184January 3, 2024 4:00 AM

Cunting cunts cunting.

by Anonymousreply 185January 3, 2024 4:02 AM

All the talking...

by Anonymousreply 186January 3, 2024 4:26 AM

I'm still hoping to this day that Matt Czuchry comes out. He has always pinged to me.

by Anonymousreply 187January 3, 2024 4:28 AM

Love Kelly Bishop!

by Anonymousreply 188January 3, 2024 4:56 AM

Kelly Bishop should be taking all the Jessica Walter roles....if that bitch Susan Sullivan wasn't cockblocking her.

by Anonymousreply 189January 3, 2024 4:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!