Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Woman on JJ Walker commercial

Is the person at 0:37 a male or female? Based on the voice, I think it's a tough call but she looks great. If it is, it's a good example of crossing, but since Walker is such a right wing shit, I wonder if he'd allow that in "his" commercial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 23, 2022 8:09 PM

People used to ask the same question of me, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1June 9, 2022 12:22 AM

I think he/she is actually in another commercial without the platinum wig. I recognize the voice. I think it's just a woman with a really deep smoker's voice.

by Anonymousreply 2June 9, 2022 12:23 AM

MUNN-NEEE!

Every time I hear that voice I hit the mute button.

by Anonymousreply 3June 9, 2022 12:26 AM

I cannot figure out what that person is. They sure sound like a man.

by Anonymousreply 4June 9, 2022 12:30 AM

I got Tranny vibes from her too. Love her Jeri Curl.

by Anonymousreply 5June 9, 2022 12:32 AM

This commercial and the ad for Jacuzzi bath remodels featuring the annoying vocal fry blonde from Flip or Flop are on an apparently endless loop.

by Anonymousreply 6June 9, 2022 12:42 AM

C’mon, It’s a woman.

by Anonymousreply 7June 9, 2022 12:45 AM

I refuse to watch any commercial that doesn't have the Grammerly Cutie in it...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 9, 2022 12:45 AM

She sounds a bit like Cleveland from Family Guy.

by Anonymousreply 9June 9, 2022 12:46 AM

It's a female, and she's most likely a paid actor just like the rest of the people on those scam Part C commercials

by Anonymousreply 10June 9, 2022 12:49 AM

I call the 800 number to check my zip code.

by Anonymousreply 11June 9, 2022 12:51 AM

Beyond annoyed, I feel bad when I see these commercials because I know so many old people get scammed by them. It's always old male Repug celebrities shilling this crap. They should be ashamed of themselves but they know no shame.

by Anonymousreply 12June 9, 2022 12:55 AM

Okay, so I wasn't the only person who wondered.

by Anonymousreply 13June 9, 2022 12:56 AM

The way they said "back" sounded like they attended RuPaul's finishing school. But why did they get the most lines in the commercial except to gain controversy.

by Anonymousreply 14June 9, 2022 12:58 AM

OMG every time I see that commercial I think, "that's a man, baby"

by Anonymousreply 15June 9, 2022 1:03 AM

I’m obsessed with that douche nozzle “Tony”, Credit Repair guy. I’m thinking uncut, thick and juicy pinga, stinky with cheese. Hey, I have a type.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 9, 2022 1:04 AM

Thanks, OP. I thought there was something odd about her voice, that it didn't really connect with her. I think the person is a woman but the voice is definitely a guy.

by Anonymousreply 17June 9, 2022 1:05 AM

I thought it was bad fitting dentures on a smoky voiced woman.

by Anonymousreply 18June 9, 2022 1:08 AM

I’m dying laughing because we make of this commercial every morning. My husband does a pitch-perfect imitation of this person. And sometimes when I ask him a question, he answers by saying “I cold and checked mah zip cooode”

by Anonymousreply 19June 9, 2022 1:09 AM

R12 = Exactly....Like Tom Selleck..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 9, 2022 1:10 AM

Why did SS use a black repub who has endorsed GOP politicians who want to get rid of it? Headscratcher.

That's no female. It's a guy in that commercial.

by Anonymousreply 21June 9, 2022 1:23 AM

It's no surprise that a JJ Walker commercial ends with an "actual caller" freak show.

by Anonymousreply 22June 9, 2022 11:37 PM

Jimmie Walker once had a fling with Ann Coulter. Maybe Jimmie owed her a favor and that trans person is a friend of hers.

by Anonymousreply 23June 9, 2022 11:40 PM

I don't know why, but I felt compelled to revisit this thread to watch the clip again. That "woman" is quite a curiosity.

by Anonymousreply 24June 14, 2022 3:10 PM

[quote]Why did SS use a black repub who has endorsed GOP politicians who want to get rid of it? Headscratcher.

Those commercials have nothing to do with the government, Social Security or Medicare, those TV ads are put up by health insurance companies.

Most health insurance plans which give the elderly 'extra benefits' such as a 'free money' on a monthly OTC card, dental and eyeglass benefits, are usually connected to Medicaid. Most SS and Medicare recipients are not entitled to most of the 'extras' Jimmy Walker is yapping about.

It's ridiculous when those TV ads show the elderly living in large comfortable homes and they're going on about all the 'extras' they get in retirement! Sure, maybe, if they scammed to move their assets, investments & homes into a trust and have their grown kids, or other family members, handling their finances. Essentially, have their money and assets taken out of their names. Thats the only way most elderly, who aren't dirt poor, can get most of those 'extras'.

by Anonymousreply 25June 14, 2022 7:46 PM

Jimmie Walker is a homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 26June 21, 2022 3:11 PM

Worst commercial EVER!

by Anonymousreply 27June 21, 2022 5:50 PM

I loved that colored actress that played his mother on that colored tv show hood times! I think her name was Estee Roller??

by Anonymousreply 28June 21, 2022 6:10 PM

Her name is Fred.

by Anonymousreply 29June 21, 2022 6:23 PM

We always say she is trans

by Anonymousreply 30June 21, 2022 6:47 PM

Very clearly a woman

by Anonymousreply 31June 21, 2022 6:49 PM

I can’t imagine that it is an actual trans person, but they really make me question it…

by Anonymousreply 32June 21, 2022 8:43 PM

Easy credit rippoffs

Good Times!

by Anonymousreply 33June 21, 2022 9:00 PM

Who cares if it's a trans. it's still an annoying commercial.

by Anonymousreply 34June 21, 2022 10:22 PM

Jimmie Walker is ugly.

by Anonymousreply 35June 22, 2022 4:58 PM

If that is a woman, she must have been smoking 2 packs a day of unfiltered cigarettes since she was 12 years old! That's definitely the voice of heavy smoker!

Next, we'll be seeing her on those local PSA anti-smoking ads, showing her with half her neck removed and a voice box!

by Anonymousreply 36June 23, 2022 7:31 PM

It’s fun to revisit this thread, because I find this person so shocking. My husband and I laugh about it every time.

by Anonymousreply 37June 23, 2022 8:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!