Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Luke Edward shows his Cotswold cottage

What do you think? Would you ditch London for Cotswold?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 30, 2022 4:50 PM

He’s gonna murder the boyfriend.

I hope the boyfriend gets out before this jizz haired Mary kills him!

by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2022 2:53 AM

Looks super comfy but as usual on these “at home with the homo”, TOO MUCH STUFF! He had the ottoman custom made with the arrow embroidery he absolutely loves yet covers it with books. Seems like a very dreary place for two youngish gays to live. Grindr?

by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2022 3:02 AM

I like it, lots of colours, and not too sparse. Love the grotto chair, that is so cool! It looks comfortable and cosy, I can see why they moved there in preference to London. He's kinda cute too, although the socks with sandals is a big hell no

I wonder if he knows Nicholas Fairford, who is from the Cotswolds, Luke also mentioned an artist friend up in Scotland, it seems not unlikely their paths have crossed at some stage

by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2022 3:29 AM

Gay British design queen. Lots of “we” - clearly loves living the domestic couple life. Living his dream I guess - good for him.

by Anonymousreply 4June 23, 2022 2:40 AM

I kind of like it. Very cozy. Too many books piled on all those surfaces.

I have the same Italian maps they have in their sitting room. I got them at a rummage sale.

by Anonymousreply 5June 23, 2022 2:46 AM

What's there to even think? The Cotswolds are lovely.

by Anonymousreply 6June 23, 2022 2:53 AM

The cottage seems nice, he seems tedious.

by Anonymousreply 7June 23, 2022 3:26 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 23, 2022 3:41 AM

[Quote)He’s gonna murder the boyfriend.

I hope the boyfriend gets out before this jizz haired Mary kills him!

Then Agatha Raisin can investigate the murder. "Agatha Raisin and the Case of the Jizz-Haired Murder."

by Anonymousreply 9June 23, 2022 4:08 AM

His boyfriend is 70 yrs old.

by Anonymousreply 10June 23, 2022 11:51 AM

The hair, the sweater, the yellow trousers, the socks with slide sandals, the whippet. Would be punchable if he wasn't so laughable. Uber rich Mommy & Daddy funding this clown? Unless he has a cock hanging to his cankles, or some secret sexual trick. Cotswolds ain't cheap. Where's the squids coming from?

by Anonymousreply 11June 23, 2022 12:37 PM

R10 the guy that appears at about 20 seconds into the video? (He's named Duncan ) Looks bloody good for 70, I'd say more like 40 if that

I'd have a threesome with them

by Anonymousreply 12June 23, 2022 9:35 PM

Well I guess we know ..See below

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 23, 2022 9:42 PM

I just can't with this guy. His work is a total rip off of Jean Cocteau, Warhol's early career drawings and Cecil Beaton's doodles.

by Anonymousreply 14June 23, 2022 9:47 PM

The house is decorated hideously and he is tiresome. You can tell he thinks he’s better than everyone else. I would be surprised if him and his fiancé actually make it down the aisle.

by Anonymousreply 15June 24, 2022 6:12 AM

Good for the whippet, bad for the boy

by Anonymousreply 16June 24, 2022 6:45 AM

It's 'the Cotswolds' not 'Cotswold', you spaz.

by Anonymousreply 17June 24, 2022 6:47 AM

The Cotswolds are full of rich Londoners, many of the media types, playing at being country folk. They have been buying up property for decades and pushing up prices, to the extent that locals have no chance of ever buying a property of their own. The area is very beautiful, but full of coked up arseholes.

by Anonymousreply 18June 24, 2022 6:58 AM

R14 He stole all his ideas from them, and he's so flagrant in doing so. As if he is daring for anyone to point out how derivative his work is, but he knows no one will. Damn, the self-confidence of rich people knows no bounds.

by Anonymousreply 19June 24, 2022 7:00 AM

He’s ugly and he seems bitchy.

by Anonymousreply 20June 24, 2022 7:11 AM

It's a bad sign when you put books on chairs because the chairs would collapse if people sat on them.

by Anonymousreply 21June 24, 2022 7:14 AM

Another interview. The boyfriend's swallowed accent is genuinely upper class, so maybe that's where the money comes from.

There's a zillion English gay couples like this in the shires.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 24, 2022 7:42 AM

They sure have a lot of "stuff"... Everywhere 🙄

by Anonymousreply 23June 24, 2022 8:26 AM

Thanks R44. The boyfriend is damn fine! Hot as fuck.... Never mind his swallowed accent, I can give him something else to swallow....

by Anonymousreply 24June 24, 2022 10:05 AM

R22 They both look goofy.

by Anonymousreply 25June 24, 2022 10:55 AM

Christ, posh people are tedious.

by Anonymousreply 26June 24, 2022 11:37 AM

I know he said the cottage was a blank canvas, but the lack of interior architectural details bothers me. Even the mantels seem new.

Personally, I have a problem with formal design in an informal setting (or vice-versa. I don't want to see American Folk Art Country design in a 5th Ave mansion either. A few objects as art pieces, fine; but, not an entire room in the style.)

by Anonymousreply 27June 24, 2022 11:51 AM

My personal perception is that Luke Edward Hall's designs are more revivalist than stealing, and I would add Christian Bérard to the list of his inspiration. He isn't as blatant as Jonathan Adler.

by Anonymousreply 28June 24, 2022 12:09 PM

I usually hate tours like this, but he seems less pretentious than most. But all those THINGS! Who dusts it all?

Happy to see A Little Life on his pile of books.

by Anonymousreply 29June 24, 2022 12:13 PM

Not everyone wants to live the life of a stupid whore like you R2.

by Anonymousreply 30June 24, 2022 12:37 PM

The boyfriend is better looking. I suspect they're both from very wealthy families and that's where the money comes from.

Luke's approach sounds low effort (he looks through books, then does some sketches, oh and travels a lot). Sounds like someone who does minimal work because they don't really need any money, but they have to have a 'career' -- so being an artist fits the bill.

Hilariously pretentious.

by Anonymousreply 31June 24, 2022 12:38 PM

^ Hi, Luke 😂

by Anonymousreply 32June 24, 2022 12:39 PM

^ For r30

by Anonymousreply 33June 24, 2022 12:39 PM

Imagine being the parents having to support this a hole. His hair reminded me of Cameron Diaz in Something about Mary. Maybe we should retitle his video, Something about a Mary. He surely has the Mary hair thing happening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 24, 2022 12:44 PM

We thought she lived in Cornhole, UK.

by Anonymousreply 35June 24, 2022 12:52 PM

How has the Warhol Foundation not busted his basic ass for plagiarism. He panders to his generation; Gen Z who have no knowledge or interest in anything before their own lifetime. Everything they do is 'new' and never been done before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 24, 2022 6:13 PM

Duncan has a sweet sweet hole.

by Anonymousreply 37June 24, 2022 7:17 PM

I've followed these two little queens for years. Very creative, very "now" with English design. They are cooed over and fawned over by the young London design elite.

One thing that has always bothered the shit out of me, however, is that in his Instagram, he almost never cracks a smile. I always thought it was that he takes himself so very seriously (ugh).

But now that I've seen him on video, talking, I know why he doesn't smile in photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 24, 2022 7:25 PM

Very creative R38? Rehashing a theme from the 1920s in the same manner as the original? If ever there was a definition for reductive, it's Luke Edward Hall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 24, 2022 7:29 PM

I believe he is His Lordship Sir Douche of the Bag.

His boyfriend is Prince of the Douche Nozzle.

by Anonymousreply 40June 24, 2022 7:57 PM

R38 that just goes to his insta, not to the particular video, and I cant find the vid on there you mention?

by Anonymousreply 41June 25, 2022 4:42 AM

@r36, "How has the Warhol Foundation not busted his basic ass for plagiarism. "

So, I went and looked at some of Warhol's early illustrations and, well, gee... 🤔

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 25, 2022 6:59 AM

This is an episode of hoarders where they need a psychiatrist's help.

by Anonymousreply 43June 25, 2022 7:29 AM

Do some better research R42

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 25, 2022 5:58 PM

Or this....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 25, 2022 6:01 PM

R44/R45, you really are not doing your argument any favors. All you have proved is that Warhol was interested and inspired by the same source material as Luke Edward. Warhol's material is just as derivative as Edwards. The only difference is that he has the Warhol name.

by Anonymousreply 46June 25, 2022 6:55 PM

R46 I also mentioned in an earlier comment that he rips from Cocteau and Beaton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47June 25, 2022 7:04 PM

Cocteau

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48June 25, 2022 7:06 PM

I follow his Instagram. They just got married in Italy I think. Luke writes a column for the weekend Financial Times. They seem super well-connected. But good for him. He sounds like a nice guy and pretty matter-of-fact for a decorator.

by Anonymousreply 49June 25, 2022 7:14 PM

@r44, "Do some better research [R42]"

Why? I was agreeing with the premise that Luke may have "lifted" his look from Warhol

Do better reading comprehension, r44 😏

by Anonymousreply 50June 25, 2022 7:18 PM

Have tried to watch a few more house tours. FH. Why do they always choose the most insufferable twits on the planet.

The one below..Good God!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 25, 2022 7:20 PM

All I think with these tours is - this is one step away from hoarding. Same can be true of art collectors I guess. The materialistic drive behind the acquisition is a turn off. More stuff - meh.

by Anonymousreply 52June 25, 2022 7:26 PM

The Cotswold queen needs to invest in a hairbrush.

by Anonymousreply 53June 25, 2022 8:25 PM

Asolutely charming! I love his style. I love the Cotswalds. I love that he mentioned author Laurie Lee who grew up in the Cotswalds and wrote delightfully about his childhood there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 25, 2022 9:02 PM

The wedding, as covered by VOGUE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55October 30, 2022 3:58 PM

LEH writes an interior design column for the Weekend Financial Times. He also creates Jean Cocteau - inspired art. He seems like a nice guy and super well-connected.

by Anonymousreply 56October 30, 2022 4:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!