Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jerusalem: Outpouring of hatred against Arabs during a nationalist march

The celebration of the 1967 capturing of the Palestinian part of the city by Israel led to verbal and physical violence that the government tried to trivialize.

On Sunday, May 29, Jerusalem suffered an outpouring of hatred during a celebration of Israel's capture of the eastern part of the city in 1967. This "flag march", which took place through the streets of the Palestinian neighborhood of the city, was presented by Israeli government officials as a popular and consensual celebration, that was tarnished by the presence of a few extremists.

This year, the day began with a gathering under the bridge that leads to the Esplanade of the Mosques – the Temple Mount for the Jews. Young people from all over Israel and the West Bank settlements piled their backpacks under the gates. The overwhelming majority of them do not live in Jerusalem and know little about their "reunited" capital. They wanted to go up to the holiest site. This act, in defiance of the chief rabbis' ban, is becoming more normal every year. On Sunday, nearly 2,600 people participated, which is a record number.

Some people waved Israeli flags on the esplanade. They prayed and sang, while the police forbade access to young Muslims and Palestinian journalists. The status quo, the arrangement that since 1967 was supposed to keep the Wailing Wall esplanade for Jewish prayer and preserve the autonomy of the Muslim holy places, is shattering.

The police prevented occasional violence, but allowed sticks and flags to be thrown at store fronts. They hardly intervened when an Israeli brandished a pistol at Palestinians at the top of Al-Wad Street. When someone pepper sprayed an old Palestinian woman who raised her fist against him, while one of his comrades kicked her, they hardly reacted. A Red Crescent stretcher evacuated the woman, while the marchers threw bottles at them. Young people chanted: "Death to the Arabs", "[the Prophet] Mohammed is dead", "May your village burn" and the refrain, "Shuaffat is on fire", a reference to the murder of Palestinian teenager Mohammed Abu Khdeir, burned alive in 2014.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 23, 2022 4:36 AM

I pray for the day when we get to see a lean hung Arab getting on the d-train with one of those fit Israeli guys with a stunning military service body. Surely that's something we all at Datalounge want to see. Two hot guys fucking the holes off each other in the name of world peace.

by Anonymousreply 1May 31, 2022 10:08 PM

Cunts are going to cunt

by Anonymousreply 2May 31, 2022 10:16 PM

Give it a rest, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3May 31, 2022 10:16 PM

A video from the march is below. One of the things the charming settlers chanted was "Shireen is a whore", after the Palestinian journalist recently murdered by their army. It's funny how in English, Israeli Jews want nothing to do with the woman's death, but in Hebrew they seem happy they did it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 31, 2022 10:18 PM

[quote] It's funny how in English, Israeli Jews want nothing to do with the woman's death, but in Hebrew they seem happy they did it.

It's funny how in the US, UK, Canada et al, Jewish people speak English and mostly denounce Israeli nationalist violence, and in Israel they speak Hebrew and are more likely to be nationalistic toward their country. Almost like they're, like, citizens of entirely different countries with entirely different loyalties. Crazy!

by Anonymousreply 5May 31, 2022 10:21 PM

I wasn't talking about Diaspora Jews, retard. I was talking about ISRAELI Jews and how their words change depending on the audience they're addressing. You won't see English-speaking Israelis bragging about murdering Shireen in front of a camera. In Hebrew, though? Oh, boy!

And FYI, the Diaspora Jewish mainstream's attitudes toward this march is the same as that of the Israeli government: to defend it and downplay the racism and the violence of the marchers.

by Anonymousreply 6May 31, 2022 10:33 PM

Normal people across the globe have NO interest in the irrational cesspool called Israel/Palestine.

by Anonymousreply 7May 31, 2022 10:59 PM

Nice to see a thread for New Yorkers and Floridians, many of whom are NY transplants.

by Anonymousreply 8June 1, 2022 12:33 AM

[quote]You won't see English-speaking Israelis bragging about murdering Shireen in front of a camera. In Hebrew, though? Oh, boy!

kind of like you don't see Arabs speaking in English about there stated goals of KILLING all Jews and "Driving them into the sea". THey reserve that for the Arab language broadcasts, newspapers, and their schoolbooks htey use to teach their children

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 1, 2022 1:58 AM

There's a reason why Jews are universally hated.

by Anonymousreply 10June 1, 2022 2:12 AM

Yes, R10, I used to care 20 years ago but then I realised it's just CONSTANT drama and CONSTANT whining.

I can't be bothered anymore.

by Anonymousreply 11June 1, 2022 2:16 AM

[quote] I can't be bothered

Babs can't be bothered. She lives in her Malibu home and NEVER visits her ancestral home.

by Anonymousreply 12June 1, 2022 2:23 AM

R12 Not true.

She weeps for the stones of her homeland.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 18, 2022 10:15 AM

Babs? Visit Israel? You've got to be joking.

She wouldn't perform live for 30 years because of a death threats.

by Anonymousreply 14June 18, 2022 10:24 AM

Anyone want to crowdfund so R10 can lead a gay rights parade in Gaza?

by Anonymousreply 15June 18, 2022 10:32 AM

r15 So funny how M. Anscher always hides behind this argument as if he wasn't defending coversion therapy on Reddit under his bname bababooey2017

by Anonymousreply 16June 18, 2022 8:57 PM

R15 triggered jew

by Anonymousreply 17June 23, 2022 3:37 AM

R12 “her ancestry home” imagine believing a white European fake jew belongs in Middle East. You got to be joking

by Anonymousreply 18June 23, 2022 4:06 AM

R5 it’s called playing both sides and Jews created this game. They want to keep israel for themselves while crying antisemitism in the west.

by Anonymousreply 19June 23, 2022 4:10 AM

R5 it’s called playing both sides and Jews created this game. They want to keep israel for themselves while crying antisemitism in the west.

by Anonymousreply 20June 23, 2022 4:10 AM

Honest question why don’t Palestinians just move to another Arab country nearby? Being Palestinian in Israel seems pretty miserable.

by Anonymousreply 21June 23, 2022 4:14 AM

I’m honestly not very fond of arabs the ones I’ve met are mostly assholes. I get it.

by Anonymousreply 22June 23, 2022 4:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!