Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Obi Wan Kenobi series

Anybody watching?

by Anonymousreply 311April 8, 2023 7:50 PM

Yes, I watched the first two episodes last night. I was pleasantly surprised. People whose only exposure to Star Wars has been the movies will probably be lost, though. The series 'The Clone Wars' and 'Star Wars: Rebels' are necessary background viewing.

by Anonymousreply 1May 27, 2022 8:06 PM

[quote] People whose only exposure to Star Wars has been the movies will probably be lost, though. The series 'The Clone Wars' and 'Star Wars: Rebels' are necessary background viewing.

Not really. The role of the Interceptors was explained in the pilot. Everybody who's familiar with the movies knows the basic story of the twins in hiding and Obi Wan in exile. It's not hard to follow at all.

by Anonymousreply 2May 27, 2022 9:43 PM

They just released the Andor trailer and it also looks good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 27, 2022 9:46 PM

Always that fucking dirty, dusty planet.

I prefer Star Trek with the bold colors, lights and pristine living conditions.

by Anonymousreply 4May 27, 2022 9:56 PM

r4 it looks like Obi Wan will be traveling around, and we're going to see other planets. I agree that we shouldn't have it be too Tatooine-heavy. God bless Tatooine, but we've really seen a LOT of it.

by Anonymousreply 5May 27, 2022 9:58 PM

The Head Inquisitor wasn’t too smart. I picked that the other Inquisitor was going to kill him from the first scene they were in. You don’t give bitches like that three warnings without consequences.

by Anonymousreply 6May 27, 2022 10:02 PM

I can't wait to see Hayden C. as Vader!

by Anonymousreply 7May 27, 2022 10:04 PM

[quote]The role of the Interceptors was explained in the pilot.

The "pilot," R2? Do you mean Part I? And "Interceptors"? Do you mean the Inquisitors? Grand Inquisitor, Fourth Sister, Fifth Brother, etc., were all introduced in 'Rebels.'

Which brings us to an interesting conflict. 'Star Wars: Rebels' is set five years after the events depicted in 'Kenobi,' yet in its 1st season, the Grand Inquisitor is very much alive (his death occurs in S.1, Ep. 5, "Fire Across the Galaxy"). He apparently survives Reva's assassination attempt in 'Kenobi,' Part II.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 28, 2022 5:37 AM

[quote]The "pilot," [R2]? Do you mean Part I? And "Interceptors"? Do you mean the Inquisitors? Grand Inquisitor, Fourth Sister, Fifth Brother, etc., were all introduced in 'Rebels.'

The first episode is often called the pilot. Yeah I meant Inquisitors. Don't get your panties in a bunch. You don't have to know Rebels to get the gist of the storyline, it's not complicated.

by Anonymousreply 9May 28, 2022 5:39 AM

Kathy K produced this tampon detritus. Total estrogen fest. Written and directed by girls. Puke. That's all you have to know. Little Leia was a spunky little cunt like Leia. Lame. Do we really need a lame connection to the original series? Nope. The CGI was abhorrent, nothing like The Mandalorian, which set the bar. The SJW black girl as ultimate villain? Predictable and revolting at this point. The Mandalorian already had a black guy as villain and Giancarlo pulled it off, not like the black moron bitch in this series. They could have done so much with this Obi-wan series if it wasn't run by a bunch of fucking stupid bitches/wenches. -100000000/10. And making several comments that Ewan's character was revoltingly smelly was very childish and a typical cuntish Kathy way of trying to bring him down to her amoeba like level. I'm sure the Jedi figured out how to master hygiene after ten million years. Fucking cunt, Kathy K, I hate you.

by Anonymousreply 10May 28, 2022 5:44 AM

▲ Triggered incel 4chan racist.

by Anonymousreply 11May 28, 2022 5:53 AM

R11 Fuck off, cunt. The need to put blacks in 80% of roles in films and always as the villain is what is racist. Stupid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 12May 28, 2022 5:54 AM

I was extremely disappointed with the first two episodes. Extremely flat storytelling, cheap looking environments, the story itself fucking boring. Unfortunately the same director, Deborah Chow, has apparently directed all the episodes which means it's all the same from start to finish. And obviously it's not all bad, overall the environments looked great but something was off with the city.

The same crappy storytelling from the first episodes of The Book Of Boba Fett is here once again, but unlike with Boba Fett where Dave Filoni and Bryce Dallas Howard came to save the show we're stuck with Chow until the end.

And my god how fucking annoying was young Leia. Not too many times I want to punch a kid but this time, yes.

by Anonymousreply 13May 28, 2022 6:00 AM

Nobody expects the Grand Inquisitor.

by Anonymousreply 14May 28, 2022 6:03 AM

On a scale from 1 to 10, how woke is it?

by Anonymousreply 15May 28, 2022 6:07 AM

[quote]You don't have to know Rebels to get the gist of the storyline, it's not complicated.

I didn't call it "complicated," OP / R2 / R3 / R5 / R7 / R9. It's just helpful to know who the characters are, and I'm offering some of that background for those who are interested to pursue it. You don't seem to be really familiar with the two episodes yourself.

But it's difficult not to suspect that's a ruse, and the point of the thread is for paid racist incel troll socks to shit all over the series, while you curate it by keeping it bumped, and providing a breather between the attacks.

by Anonymousreply 16May 28, 2022 6:07 AM

[quote]You don't seem to be really familiar with the two episodes yourself.

The role of the Inquisitors was explained, so people who aren't familiar with Rebels would understand who they are. Overall it's a good beginning. This series is only 6 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 17May 28, 2022 6:11 AM

R16, I'm R13 and I'm certainly not a "paid racist incel troll". Why do you think there's racism going on? Because the director is Asian and a woman? I didn't like the episodes because they were were poorly made and had very little dramatic tension happening. I was really waiting for this show and just plainly feel disappointed. Even more so realizing it will be the same director throughout the show.

I'm glad so many people like the show. I don't really mind too much that I'm not into it since there's just so much other stuff to watch all the time.

by Anonymousreply 18May 28, 2022 6:18 AM

I'd rather watch pr0n pr0n than this space nerd pr0n.

No, thank you, but no.

by Anonymousreply 19May 28, 2022 6:25 AM

[quote]R18: Why do you think there's racism going on? Because the director is Asian and a woman?

Your question makes no sense, but seems intended to imply that somehow *I'm* the one who has attributed racism to the show. This is gaslighting, and yes, that places you among the trolls.

I don't believe there's anyone posting to this thread besides myself and a trollsock cohort trying to shit on the series from various angles.

by Anonymousreply 20May 28, 2022 6:29 AM

R19 is a wise cunt. Fans will stay away from this Kathy K menstrual blood aka Obi-wan.

by Anonymousreply 21May 28, 2022 6:32 AM

I'm not the troll. That's someone else.

by Anonymousreply 22May 28, 2022 6:39 AM

I blocked Poisoned Dragon at R11 numerous times but somehow that fishly little revoltingly smelly cunt gets through again. She is relentless.

by Anonymousreply 23May 28, 2022 6:42 AM

R20, in your R16 post you said a racist incel troll is attacking the show, and now you claim you have said nothing about racism. What the hell is this crap about gaslighting? Just accept that some people view the show as poorly made and dull without calling them trolls.

Are you some lunatic Star Wars fan who tries desperately to silence any negative talk about the show?

by Anonymousreply 24May 28, 2022 6:44 AM

R24 She is obviously owner of a twat and also Generation Z. Two things that give her intelligence scale in the extreme negatives. She is a total brainless fucking cunt and twat.

by Anonymousreply 25May 28, 2022 6:46 AM

R6 here. Not a part of any sock puppet army. My comment was that the death (or attempted death) of the Head Inquisitor was clearly telegraphed and he should have known better.

Way to take a thread and turn it against real posters, PoisonedDragon. I kind of liked what you posted and you’re obviously a super fan, but you are making this thread just as hostile as those you hate.

by Anonymousreply 26May 28, 2022 9:38 AM

I don't know why, but I was horrified by the premise of the Inquisitors sniffing out Jedis when they help others.

Loved spunky Leia being all snarky with Obi Wan. I think this show tries to be more film noir and less western in space.

by Anonymousreply 27May 28, 2022 9:49 AM

Another stupid thing I hated about this cuntfest/estrogenfest, brain dead garbage written show is: why the fuck would Obiwan not know that Darth Vader survived ten years before. Obi was on the fucking Jedi council so they would still have intelligence and ways to communicate this shit to surviving Jedis. Also in A New Hope Obiwan is told by Darth Vader in their fight that when we last met I was but the student and you the master...... implying that they hadn't met since Obi made Ani very crispy. Now Kathy K's brain dead cuntfest is ruining that canon. Fucking cunt clearly is incapable of logic. She just wants to shit on the series with an annoying lil cunt like Baby Leia kicking ass. It doesn't fucking work with the universe George created. The two have zero logical connections anymore.

by Anonymousreply 28May 28, 2022 1:02 PM

I watched both episodes last night and enjoyed them. I found it more promising than the book of bobafet.

by Anonymousreply 29May 28, 2022 1:24 PM

I'm giving the show a cautious thumbs up so far. Yes, that's how Obi-Wan would have been living after 10 years, yes, that's how Leia would have been at age 10, and yes, the show has set up an interesting scenario.

But I'm not thrilled, the way I was with the early episodes of "The Mandalorian". There hasn't been anything hugely surprising or spectacular, and I don't know if I'm thrilled with the direction or the effects, or the villainess. So far the actress lacks the kind of charisma or energy I like in a villain, and she's definitely playing it straight and not with the touches of camp that made Palpatine my favorite villain, or the badassery that made Vader so frightening. Although that's partly the fault of the effects people, her big badass moment was done in a black outfit in a poorly lit setting, so while it revealed something very interesting it didn't blow me away.

by Anonymousreply 30May 28, 2022 3:18 PM

Bullshit. Kathy K has no fucking clue what Obi or anyone in Lucas' universe would be up to. She just rams her SJW/Woke politics into everything and pisses off all the male fans with the fucking bitches like lil cunt Leia or the black Inquisitor cunt.

by Anonymousreply 31May 28, 2022 8:04 PM

I have to say I'm not thrilled that Reva is apparently being set up as the primary villain. She's not fearsome at all, she's not threatening, she doesn't have any gravitas. There's nothing menacing about her, it's like she should be teaching self-defense classes in between shifts at her job at the Tatooine Starbucks.

by Anonymousreply 32May 28, 2022 8:07 PM

Learn to read the room. We know that already. But brain dead fucking woke bitches like Poisoned Dragon will eat that tampon sewage right up.

by Anonymousreply 33May 28, 2022 8:10 PM

I thought the first episode was okay; the second episode, better. But the last ten minutes or so of the second episode was terrific. I don't know how they're going to contrive a meeting between Obi-Wan and Vader without ruining the continuity of the OT but I desperately want to see it now. And Liam Neeson saying he would never do television suddenly looks like a lie now that he's appeared on ATLANTA. So maybe a little Qui Gon at some point?

by Anonymousreply 34May 28, 2022 9:36 PM

Two things can be simultaneously true - a poster can be a racist incel and the actress playing Reva is woefully miscast and burdened with terrible lines.

Overall, I enjoyed it. I'm not a Star Wars nerd but I've seen the movies, The Mandalorian and The Book Of Boba Fett. I had no problem understanding who was who and following the story. The acting ranged from good to excellent with one exception and it moved at nice pace. Ewan McGregor was great. The little girl was annoying but she was playing Leia, who was annoying. I'm not sure to make of the chase scene; some people thought her eluding the kidnappers was ridiculous buy having chased my sons when they were 10 they can be fast and hard to catch.

The weak link was Reva. I'm fine with a black woman being the bad guy. But she was miscast. Everyone in the cast had a British or American accent. She spoke with what we'd call a AAVE accent that didn't fit the rest of the characters. And her part was poorly written. Shaking her fist at the ship taking off and screaming whatever was just bad. Danai Gurira would have killed in the part with better lines.

So, I'm going to stick with it.

by Anonymousreply 35May 28, 2022 10:07 PM

Baby Leia Organa seems coked-up.

by Anonymousreply 36May 28, 2022 10:12 PM

They wanted to do a nice tribute to Carrie r36

by Anonymousreply 37May 28, 2022 11:51 PM

[quote] I don't know how they're going to contrive a meeting between Obi-Wan and Vader without ruining the continuity of the OT but I desperately want to see it now.

I've thought of this too. In Star Wars: A New Hope it's never said exactly when Obi Wan and Vader last saw each other. We've always assumed it was their duel on Mustafar, but it could be left open-ended, I suppose. All that's said in SW is that they haven't seen each other in quite a while.

by Anonymousreply 38May 28, 2022 11:54 PM

I'm withholding judgement on Third Sister, because the character spent the first two episode being a very contained psycho... and the structure that kept her stifled is now gone. Now, she gets to be an uncontained psycho, and we haven't seen how the actress will handle that! I hope she either becomes a gleeful badass who revels in her own destructive power, or turns against the Empire and becomes a potential ally, something interesting.

But of course no matter what she does, the horrible dirtbag racist right-wing fanboys will bitch about everything she does. They only watch the new stuff to have new targets for their hatred, and with the new show, surprise surprise they've picked the black woman.

by Anonymousreply 39May 29, 2022 12:03 AM

[quote] And Liam Neeson saying he would never do television suddenly looks like a lie now that he's appeared on ATLANTA.

He made guest appearances in two episodes of Derry Girls' third season. But that was fairly recent. And guest voice in The Simpsons a couple of years back.

by Anonymousreply 40May 29, 2022 12:07 AM

r39 it has to do with the fact that the actress is supposed to be a fearsome villain and comes off as anything but that. Kind of like the same thing with Kylo Ren who was supposed to be the main villain in the recent trilogy but just came across as a whiny little bitch

by Anonymousreply 41May 29, 2022 1:22 AM

[quote]R20, in your R16 post you said a racist incel troll is attacking the show, and now you claim you have said nothing about racism. What the hell is this crap about gaslighting?

R24, calling out those who identify racism as being racist themselves is a right-wing troll talking point. And it's a form of gaslighting.

[quote]R6] here. Not a part of any sock puppet army... Way to take a thread and turn it against real posters, PoisonedDragon. I kind of liked what you posted and you’re obviously a super fan, but you are making this thread just as hostile as those you hate.

I nowhere specifically named you, R6 / R26. But you piping up and talking about "real posters" as though they were something general to this thread is calling yourself into question.

by Anonymousreply 42May 29, 2022 4:09 AM

[R24], calling out those who identify racism as being racist themselves is a right-wing troll talking point. And it's a form of gaslighting.

My head hurts reading that. I've still not understood who's supposed to be racist here? The people who didn't like the show and blame the director or those who dislike Reva? I totally blame the director for unenthusiastic and dull directing but I view Reva as one of the few good things in the show. She's got spunk although like everyone else in the show her character suffers from stupid writing.

I'm sure there are racists and mysogynists raising hell about any strong black female characters but that doesn't mean people shouldn't be able to criticize the show they're in.

by Anonymousreply 43May 29, 2022 4:53 AM

[quote] [R24], calling out those who identify racism as being racist themselves is a right-wing troll talking point. And it's a form of gaslighting.

My head hurts reading that. I've still not understood who's supposed to be racist here? The people who didn't like the show and blame the director or those who dislike Reva? I totally blame the director for unenthusiastic and dull directing but I view Reva as one of the few good things in the show. She's got spunk although like everyone else in the show her character suffers from stupid writing.

I'm sure there are racists and mysogynists raising hell about any strong black female characters but that doesn't mean people shouldn't be able to criticize the show they're in.

by Anonymousreply 44May 29, 2022 4:55 AM

R38 No it is not, moron. Darth specifically says the last time we met I was but the student and you the master. That would not apply ten years after Obi thought he killed Ani. But in Kathy K's brainless cunt universe, it fits.

by Anonymousreply 45May 29, 2022 7:52 AM

r45 that can be interpreted other ways

by Anonymousreply 46May 29, 2022 2:34 PM

No, it cannot. Ani was his Padawan. There is only one possibility, turds.

by Anonymousreply 47May 29, 2022 3:16 PM

No, R47, the show is going to come up with some other scenario where Obi-Wan puts something over on Vader, and Vader's going to say something about still learning from his master.

by Anonymousreply 48May 30, 2022 12:23 AM

To me, it's pretty obvious that Reva gets some sort of redemption arc where a clarifying encounter with Obi Wan makes her switch sides after letting go of all the resentment towards Obi Wan probably blaming him for training Anakin, who betrayed the order of the Jedi. Which brings me to Star Wars episode one, where there is a prophecy of a Jedi bringing balance to the universe. At the beginning, the universe seems rather peaceful, with the intergalactic senate keeping the bureaucratic peace. And none of the Jedis think that the prophecy could mean the rise of an evil, balancing out the peace?

by Anonymousreply 49May 30, 2022 5:44 AM

The first two episodes were good. I would really like to think this series will be something special, but Disney has damaged the "Star Wars" franchise so badly, I'm skeptical.

by Anonymousreply 50May 30, 2022 5:58 AM

R48 Obi hacked off all his limbs and left him for dead. No fucking way is he still his master after that. There is no possible way cunt Kathy can logically tie her SJW garbage to George's actual canon. Like making Mary Sue Rey the grand daughter of Palpatine! Just shows how Hollywood are all Satan worshippers.

by Anonymousreply 51May 30, 2022 6:54 AM

In Star Wars Vader says “when I left you I was the learner.” Not, when I last saw you, when I left you. He left Anakin when he joined the dark side.

by Anonymousreply 52May 30, 2022 7:04 AM

It was terrible. There was too much precocious child in the first, and the cgi is awful.

by Anonymousreply 53May 30, 2022 7:27 AM

R53 again. I didn't care that there were women and minorities in roles at all. It just wasn't good.

by Anonymousreply 54May 30, 2022 7:28 AM

I looked on Reddit to see if there was any serious discussion about this Woke garbage from Cunt Kathy and nada. The real fans don't give a fuck about "Obi-Wan" anymore than they care about all the Woke cunt's spent tampons.

by Anonymousreply 55May 30, 2022 9:28 AM

That kid is so freaking irritating.

by Anonymousreply 56May 30, 2022 9:33 AM

Yes, Anakin brought balance to the Force. When he was done there were two Sith and two Jedi! A perfect balance!

by Anonymousreply 57May 30, 2022 1:29 PM

[quote]But of course no matter what she does, the horrible dirtbag racist right-wing fanboys will bitch about everything she does. They only watch the new stuff to have new targets for their hatred, and with the new show, surprise surprise they've picked the black woman.

While there is a small, very small, contingent of this, the majority of the fanboys simply want a good character. It's like arguing that fans hate Jar Jar because he's played by a black guy, rather than the character sucking.

Fanboys ALL love Ahsoka Tano and are the folks who started the campaign to have Rosario Dawson play her. They're also already saying that Deborah Chow, even with the problems with the Grand Inquisitor, should be given a chance to helm a movie based on the vision she's showing just in the first two episodes.

If they turn on Reva, it'll be because her character is poorly developed and made into a Mary Sue. That she's a black woman will become a casualty, but not the reason for it.

The REAL issue is that the show needs to be about Obi Wan, not Reva. While you want characters to have an arc, that arc needs to be in service of an Obi Wan story arc, rather than Obi Wan being a vehicle for a Reva story. It's not because she's a black woman, but because it's called "Obi Wan Kenobi" not "Reva." The narrative balance and emphasis of the story has to be Obi Wan - Reva is the B story which converges at several key scene turns with Obi Wan's A story.

The fanboys LOVE Bryce Dallas Howard's work on Mando.

by Anonymousreply 58May 30, 2022 3:00 PM

I'd bet real money that Reva becomes the target of the Inquisitors herself, and she and Obi-Wan have to team up in an extremely uneasy alliance.

by Anonymousreply 59May 30, 2022 3:06 PM

[quote]I'd bet real money that Reva becomes the target of the Inquisitors herself, and she and Obi-Wan have to team up in an extremely uneasy alliance.

If she's the little padawan shown in the Order 66 flashback who escaped with a handful of others, it would seem like her arc would be similar to the inquisitor in Jedi Fallen Order who hated Cere Junda for abandoning her which led to her being caught by the Empire and tortured.

If she is the padawan, she would have a hatred of Obi Wan, famous Jedi Master and council member, for not protecting her during Order 66. It seems like her hatred of him goes beyond simply wanting to capture him for Vader to enhance her position.

The Grand Inquisitor was a Jedi temple guard. He would be leaps and bounds ahead of Reva in his ability with the force, so her ascension above him would be highly unlikely, no matter what she did.

by Anonymousreply 60May 30, 2022 4:28 PM

Assuming she was one of the students at the beginning, I wondered whether she might actually be a double agent trying to find Obi-Wan to enlist his aid. Killing the grand inquisitor before he could take them would fit with that. But since when she had Obi-Wan alone she didn’t say anything like that to him I must be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 61May 30, 2022 7:36 PM

[quote]Assuming she was one of the students at the beginning, I wondered whether she might actually be a double agent trying to find Obi-Wan to enlist his aid.

No, R61. Reva hates the Jedi in general with a passionate intensity. Her only interest in Kenobi is that he's an extremely prized target, and he's wanted by Darth Vader. Bringing him in or destroying Kenobi would greatly impress the two Sith Lords. I really doubt that it's personal.

If Reva becomes disaffected from the Inquisitors, that does not mean she would seek an alliance with Kenobi. 'The enemy of my enemy is 𝑛𝑜𝑡 my friend.' The case of Maul is instructive; expelled from the Sith, plotting to kill Sidious, and yet he still longed to kill Kenobi. No alliances there. (Maul did temporarily team up with Ahsoka Tano for their mutual benefit, but then it's worth observing that she was no longer a Jedi.)

[quote]Killing the grand inquisitor before he could take them would fit with that.

Again, the Grand Inquisitor isn't dead. See R8.

by Anonymousreply 62May 30, 2022 9:11 PM

The white supremacy theme is so tiresome and so predictable. And another mean Asian caricature....

by Anonymousreply 63May 30, 2022 9:19 PM

Reva just wants some of that Hayden C. dick.

by Anonymousreply 64May 30, 2022 10:36 PM

[quote]Again, the Grand Inquisitor isn't dead

Whether he’s really dead or not, *she* thought she was killing him.

by Anonymousreply 65May 30, 2022 10:56 PM

I enjoyed it well enough. The actor playing Reva didn't bother me, I think she did the best she could with the lines written. Of course the silly incels are going to freak out when they would have no issue if the exact same role were being done with some white guy

It's nice to see Ewan McGregor again and I'm glad they quickly got Obiwan off tatooine, that would be a boring show.

I never bothered to watch the Boba Fett show but glad I checked out this one.

And the majority of people watching this show r1 will have never seen those Star Wars cartoons and they certainly don't need to.

[Quote]why the fuck would Obiwan not know that Darth Vader survived ten years before. Obi was on the fucking Jedi council so they would still have intelligence and ways to communicate this shit to surviving Jedis.

They made it abundantly clear that Obiwan has been leading a normal life and having nothing to do with the surviving Jedi for the past 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 66May 31, 2022 12:57 AM

[quote]Of course the silly incels are going to freak out when they would have no issue if the exact same role were being done with some white guy

If the role were written the same way then yes there would be issues with a white guy. The villain isn't menacing enough.

by Anonymousreply 67May 31, 2022 12:59 AM

There have always been some plot holes in Star Wars r45, because they hadn't decided Leia was going to be Vader's daughter it makes no sense that Vader who spent so much time with her in ANH never senses the force in her or have some force instincts that this is his daughter.

by Anonymousreply 68May 31, 2022 1:13 AM

How does this bitch know that Vader is Anakin? That was a closely guarded secret that only a small handful of people in the entire galaxy knew.

by Anonymousreply 69May 31, 2022 2:30 AM

I wonder if Obiwan will his next fight by gaining the higher ground?

by Anonymousreply 70May 31, 2022 2:58 AM

^win his next fight

by Anonymousreply 71May 31, 2022 2:59 AM

"... it makes no sense that Vader who spent so much time with her (Leia)in ANH never senses the force in her or have some force instincts that this is his daughter."

I don't see how the Force would give a person the power to sense genetic relationships. Sure, it gives some power to sense other people's minds, so if she'd known that she was his daughter he might have gotten a clue, but she had unusual powers of resistance and had no clue that her biological father was now a psychotic cyborg. The Organas probably believed Obi-Wan when he told them that he'd killed Anakin, and they had no idea who was under the Vader aparatus.

by Anonymousreply 72May 31, 2022 5:53 AM

I hate Kathleen Kennedy. Really loathe her. Can someone slap that bitch already.

Elon Musk, I'm begging you. Please buy Disney and Lucasfilm and save Star Wars from the cunts.

by Anonymousreply 73May 31, 2022 5:55 AM

Even Grogu had to use the seeing stone to call out with the force to other Jedi, and he is supposed to be very strong with the force.

by Anonymousreply 74May 31, 2022 6:21 AM

R58 LOL. Nice to be an apologist for the Woke retards. Mando already had a black villain so we don't need a black cunt as the villain.

by Anonymousreply 75May 31, 2022 7:33 AM

The Mandalorian has better writing and less annoying children.

by Anonymousreply 76May 31, 2022 7:40 AM

[quote]The Mandalorian has better writing and less annoying children.

She is annoying and is supposed to be. There was an arc with Leia as an adult where she started out as very annoying also.

I'm looking forward to the little princess being less annoying as the series progresses.

[quote]Elon Musk, I'm begging you. Please buy Disney and Lucasfilm and save Star Wars from the cunts.

Musk is the cuntiest cunt that ever cunted.

by Anonymousreply 77May 31, 2022 3:15 PM

I was worried that the whole series would take place on Tatooine - which we've seen far too much of -so I'm relieved that Obi Wan is traveling to other planets.

by Anonymousreply 78May 31, 2022 7:46 PM

Ewan McGregor (with that sexy Obi Wan beard) can travel to Myanus whenever he wants.

by Anonymousreply 79May 31, 2022 10:05 PM

R66 Whatever. It is horrible fucking writing. Lucas would never authorize such horrible cuntish writing.

by Anonymousreply 80May 31, 2022 10:14 PM

R80 Lucas WROTE horrible cuntish writing! Evidence: every Anakin/Padme scene ("Hold me like you did on Naboo!)

Don't even get us started on his lack of direction to/for the actors!

Yes, he was visionary and had fantastic ideas for the visual aspects of film, but couldn't write his way out of a paper bag! (The pre-quels would have all been forgotten if it wasn't for FIloni's Clone Wars series to add depth to the characters)

by Anonymousreply 81June 1, 2022 2:02 AM

Some people on Twitter have said that Kathy K purposely made everything about Obi-wan to be as horrible as the Prequels. Unlikely. The best she could do was offer up Baby Cunt Leia. Yuck. And they should have used de-aging tech on everyone. Ewan looked way too fucking young. In ten years he will look like 80 year old Alec Guinness? Nope. Jimmy Shitz was way too fucking old. Trying to include the eight of the core group in the OT is just fucking lame.

by Anonymousreply 82June 1, 2022 10:59 AM

Whole lot a fanboy stuff in Part III.

Not sure why everyone is ragging on Reva when Fifth Brother (is that his name?) is easily giving the worst performance in the show.

I’m enjoying the show, but I have to say Deborah Chow is kind of an awful director. I remember loving her episodes of The Mandalorian. Maybe it was Favreau horning in. But you really can’t follow the action here. There’s no sense of physical geography; where people are in relation to one another. Just really poor visual storytelling. She’s not great with actors, either. And it’s a pity, cuz the basic story of the series is really good.

But oh, well. Still beats anything on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 83June 1, 2022 1:12 PM

Alec guiness was only 63 when he played Obi Wan R82

by Anonymousreply 84June 1, 2022 3:38 PM

What is Jimmy Smits too old for, R82?

by Anonymousreply 85June 1, 2022 4:36 PM

[quote] In ten years he will look like 80 year old Alec Guinness?

In the Star Wars timeline, Kenobi is set 10 years before ANH. Alec Guiness was born in 1914. ANH was released in 1977, so was filmed in 1976 which would have made Guiness 62 years old at the time of filming.

Ewan McGregor is 51 years old. In ten years, McGregor will be 61 years old.

McGregor is, in fact, almost exactly the right age.

by Anonymousreply 86June 1, 2022 4:36 PM

Love, love, love the addition of Indira Varma in episode three. 2/3 of the episode is pretty decent. However, the last third ... yikes! Who thought it was a good idea to turn Obi Wan into a final girl of a horror slasher movie running away from Darth Vader, who's constantly catching up with him? I know, Obi Wan was trying to distract Darth from Leia, but still it was such a silly and awkward sequence.

by Anonymousreply 87June 1, 2022 5:03 PM

One thing I don't like about it is how muted the colors are... very dull and drab, nothing like the saturated colors we saw on Tatooine in the movies.

by Anonymousreply 88June 1, 2022 5:42 PM

[quote]but still it was such a silly and awkward sequence.

... kind of like when Lea, an awkward 10 year old girl waddling through the forest was somehow out-running three adult mercenaries? I swear to god, in any sort of real world, they would have caught her in like 2 seconds. That whole sequence was ridiculous and contrived.

by Anonymousreply 89June 1, 2022 5:43 PM

[quote]Reva hates the Jedi in general with a passionate intensity. Her only interest in Kenobi is that he's an extremely prized target, and he's wanted by Darth Vader. Bringing him in or destroying Kenobi would greatly impress the two Sith Lords. I really doubt that it's personal.

They've been dropping anvils.

- The opening scene where the padawans try to escape.

- Obi-Wan mentioning that the Inquisitors were often former Jedi themselves.

- Reeva giving a speech to the citizens that the Jedi will abandon you so don't place your faith in them.

- One of the Inquisitors pointing out that they found Reeva in a gutter and she only was allowed to live because there was something special about her. (She already had some force training.)

- The fact that over the past 10 years, she still hasn't gone full on "sith" appearance. (She's obviously not completely gone.)

- Her reason defying rage against Obi-Wan who did completely abandon the Jedi, willfully so, for years.

- The fact that she knew Vader was Anakin and that this would hurt Obi-Wan. She knew because she was there when it all went down.

- Obi-Wan refused to help another Jedi which eventually lead to his death.

It would make more sense that the reason why she's so stark raving angry to the point of near insanity is because Obi-Wan abandoned her and the other children at the beginning. It makes less sense that she just wants to please Vader as they all do.

That is a much more compelling story because she absolutely (as someone else died because he wouldn't help them) wouldn't be wrong.

Finally, they wouldn't have hired Moses Ingram if that was the only thing she had to do.

by Anonymousreply 90June 1, 2022 5:56 PM

What a shit-astic episode. Horrible CGI. The fight with Obi and Vader was so fucking gay. Gayer than a prolapsed anus. So light sabers can start lame CGI fires now! Ludicrous. 0/10000000000. The idea that Vader wouldn't start looking for Obi through his family on Tatooine has always been a huge plot hole. Any why the fuck would he be so obsessed with it ten years later? I loved seeing him kill all the randos. That was the only good thing about this epi. I never thought the 11 minute long Ani and Obi fight in Revenge of the Shit could get any worse but this was just fucking awful.

by Anonymousreply 91June 1, 2022 6:22 PM

This SW nerd over explains the episode and who the black girl Reva is. I couldn't watch it but SW nerds will shoot their loads over it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92June 1, 2022 6:25 PM

Crazy to think that McGregor is only about 10 years younger than Alec Guinness was in SW:ANH. Guinness looked ancient.

by Anonymousreply 93June 1, 2022 8:31 PM

[quote]The idea that Vader wouldn't start looking for Obi through his family on Tatooine has always been a huge plot hole.

Owen Lars is not really his "family" - his mother married Owen's father years after he left Tatooine with Obi Wan and Qui-Gon. While Owen is his stepbrother, they really didn't spend any time together, except for when Anakin came back to save his mother and bury her. The Lars family homestead would certainly not be "home" in Anakin's mind.

[quote]So light sabers can start lame CGI fires now!

Lightsaber blades are plasma energy-based - so yes, they can start fires with combustible materials. When Qui-Gon was cutting through the blast doors on the trade federation ship, the metal was melting.

by Anonymousreply 94June 1, 2022 8:42 PM

Perhaps Vader thought that Obi Wan contacting his stepbrother would've been highly unlikely. It's been ages since I've seen the first two prequel movies, but didn't Obi Wan only meet the Lars family briefly?

by Anonymousreply 95June 1, 2022 8:45 PM

[quote]Love, love, love the addition of Indira Varma in episode three.

When her casting was first announced, everyone was buzzing that she might be Duchess Satine in flashbacks - that would have been epic.

I loved the small little tidbit they dropped that Obi Wan had a brother. Since Force sensitivity runs in families, I smell something for the Mando-verse. Can you imagine fandom going crazy overe Luke or Ahsoka running into Obi Wan's niece or grand niece. It would be a girl to address the bitterness from Rey NOT being Kenobi - immediately post TFA, Rey being the secret granddaughter of Satine and Kenobi was a fan favorite theory.

by Anonymousreply 96June 1, 2022 8:48 PM

R91 Damn, girl, take your meds! It's a fucking TV show! I can only assume you're one of those who went ballistic over the Snyder's Murderverse, Captain Marvel having a vagina, and J.J. Abrahms! Jesus! Shave your neck beard and go outside (but not shoot up women!)

by Anonymousreply 97June 1, 2022 9:46 PM

Indira Varma was great, I hope she sticks around.

by Anonymousreply 98June 1, 2022 10:11 PM

When Reva told him Anakin lived, he didn’t know that he’d been turned into a 7 foot asthmatic cyborg - he thought literally Anakin survived, which is why he hallucinated him in the robes he last saw him in.

Which makes the Vader “reveal” for him all the more traumatic. Not only is Anakin living up to his Youngling slaying rep, but he’s now this… unrecognizable thing

by Anonymousreply 99June 1, 2022 10:12 PM

While I think that poster is off his meds r94, he is right on that point.

I mean let's keep it simple. Tatooine is Anakin's home, if you wanted to hide his kid so Anakin never finds it it doesn't make sense to do it on his home planet with people connected to his mother. Literally anywhere else in the galaxy is better, but whatever it is what it is.

I guess Disney+ is allowing more violence these days? They were pretty brutal showing Vader killing people, more than I assumed Disney would allow. And having Vader trying to torture Obiwan with fire is smart writing.

by Anonymousreply 100June 1, 2022 11:30 PM

[quote]I mean let's keep it simple. Tatooine is Anakin's home, if you wanted to hide his kid so Anakin never finds it it doesn't make sense to do it on his home planet with people connected to his mother. Literally anywhere else in the galaxy is better, but whatever it is what it is.

You could make that argument. But, Anakin HATED tatooine because of his awful childhood and because it's where his mother died. And, of course, he hated sand. Kidding aside, he never wanted to go back there. Plus, it's on the outer outer rim. It's as far away from Imperial influence as you could get with limited imperial troops and oversight. The Hutts had more influence on Tatooine than the Empire.

While a completely random planet might have been better, who could Yoda and Obi Wan trust to watch Luke if they took him to some random planet? At the time, Order 66 was in full swing. Jedi were being hunted. Who could they trust, especially since they had to keep tabs on Luke as Obi Wan intended to train Luke as a Jedi when they made the decision. They needed him to be raised by decent folk to become a decent person. In light of everything going on, finding someone other than Owen would likely have been equally dicey.

by Anonymousreply 101June 1, 2022 11:54 PM

"I mean let's keep it simple. Tatooine is Anakin's home, if you wanted to hide his kid so Anakin never finds it it doesn't make sense to do it on his home planet with people connected to his mother."

It makes a bit of sense in that Anakin HATED Tattooine, and wouldn't go there voluntarily, because he hated sand and Tattooine, and had no end of underlying guilt complexes related to his mother.

Of course there was always the danger that when he felt his connection to the Dark Side Of The Force weaken, he'd make a trip there to pointlessly slaughter some Tusken Raiders, or shoot up the Lars homestead...

by Anonymousreply 102June 1, 2022 11:54 PM

[quote]Tatooine is Anakin's home, if you wanted to hide his kid so Anakin never finds it it doesn't make sense to do it on his home planet with people connected to his mother.

Obi-Wan wasn't hiding the kids from Anakin or Palpatine.

Obi-Wan and everyone else on that side thought he was dead. Palpatine and Anakin/Darth thought the kid/s died with their mother.

Luke simply there because he has family there. It's also a crappy planet that the Empire would have little reason to go to.

Leia went to the Organas because they told Obi-Wan that they wanted to adopt a child, specifically a girl since they apparently couldn't have one. Since they were making that news public it wouldn't have been weird when they adopted one.

Splitting the kids up, ensured, that they'd have a fail safe if one of the pair didn't make it to adulthood. Putting Leia with the Organas also ensured that they would have a force user in a powerful position when she got older.

[quote]Lightsaber blades are plasma energy-based - so yes, they can start fires with combustible materials.

You just reminded me of this guy that built an actual lightsaber.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103June 2, 2022 2:17 AM

As the above poster said Tatooine was in the Outer Rim on the fringes of the galaxy, it was a sparsely populated backwater desert planet that the Empire hardly bothered with. It was an ideal place to hide Luke.

If the center of the galaxy was NYC, Tatooine was a shantytown on the fringes of Death Valley. Far, far away from everything and a place few people bothered with.

by Anonymousreply 104June 2, 2022 2:21 AM

I'm sorry, but I guess I'm not seeing what everyone else is seeing. Every is saying how great this is, and I kinda think it sucks.

This last episode especially. When Darth Vader pulled him into the fire, I just yelled "BULLSHIT!" at the screen. Obi-Wan has no fire scars. He wasn't burned. This is BULLSHIT. He just laid in the fire for so long he'd be totally in a hospital/bacta-tank for DAYS. Ridiculous. And then it just ... ended? I mean, WTF.

I love R90's insights, but I don't think it's all been that clear in the viewing of the show. I mean, it all makes sense, and I think that's a great interpretation, but ... in the actual show, they're not exactly anvils, they're a bit too subtle.

And the whole: “General Kenobi. Years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars. Also, remember that time you saved my life when I was 10 and we went on that crazy adventure together?” thing... I just can't.

I also HATE how Obi-Wan is being portrayed as a totally craven coward who won't stick his neck out for anyone, let another Jedi die due to his negligence, and more. I understand wanting to be cautious and stuff, but this all seems completely out of character.

by Anonymousreply 105June 2, 2022 4:10 AM

[quote]Crazy to think that McGregor is only about 10 years younger than Alec Guinness was in SW:ANH. Guinness looked ancient.

The dry climate of a desert planet like Tatooine will do that to you, especially given the complete lack of moisturizer.

by Anonymousreply 106June 2, 2022 4:11 AM

[quote]And the whole: “General Kenobi. Years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars. Also, remember that time you saved my life when I was 10 and we went on that crazy adventure together?” thing... I just can't.

Yeah, that stuff is always weird.

I get that it was meant to fix why Leia and Han named their son, "Ben," and why Leia had any faith in him at all when he was her, "only hope" and how she knew Ben Kenobi was another name for Obi-Wan Kenobi in the original trilogy when Obi-Wan said he hadn't gone by that name in years.

But as we know, Kylo Ren/Ben Solo got that name because of Harrison Ford's own son, "Ben Ford" and they made up a lot of stuff as they went along the first time. It was clearly an error that she knew his name was Ben when Luke mentioned it.

by Anonymousreply 107June 2, 2022 5:02 AM

I love Indira Varma!

by Anonymousreply 108June 2, 2022 7:45 AM

Meh. How in the hell did Vader pop up around every corner when pursuing Kenobi? He can barely walk fast with those artificial legs, so he's not going to be able to outrun anyone. It reminded me of a bad Freddy Kruger movie! He isn't a mutant that can teleport on a whim either, like Nightcrawler from the X-Men. Neither is that lame character Reva. How is it that she starts following Leia in the tunnel, only to show up ahead of her?? I call bullshit on ALL that. And what's with the Inquisitors? Don't they have some sort of hierarchy? Why is it that Reva is able to directly communicate with Vader without using the proper protocols? As if Lord Vader is going to have the lowest person on the totem pole do his bidding, without her superiors knowledge! Reva is called the "Third Sister" not the "First Sister" for a reason. And the actress who portrays her, Moses (a dude's name??) Ingram, is dreadful and needs to go back to acting school. She can't act her way out of a paper bag.

by Anonymousreply 109June 2, 2022 9:17 AM

[quote] Obi-Wan has no fire scars. He wasn't burned. This is BULLSHIT.

Did Alec Guinness have a nude scene I’ve forgotten in the original trilogy?

by Anonymousreply 110June 2, 2022 3:28 PM

I'm stunned that it's only got an audience 56% on RT and 87% for critics.

I keep seeing comments that they "destroyed" Obi Wan just like they destroyed Luke in the sequel trilogy. I call bullshit - at least until we see how it ends.

Of course, Obi Wan is going to be messed up and have massive PTSD. Everything he ever believed in has been destroyed, and he's been in hiding for 10 years. He's not going to be the brash Jedi Master from the Clone Wars animated or the wise peaceful one from ANH. He saw children slaughtered and his friends and colleagues murdered. His own padawan is responsible.

Obi Wan has seen shit. The entire foundation of his life - the Republic and the Jedi Order are gone. Yeah, I think his being a bit of a mess right now makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 111June 2, 2022 7:13 PM

Sorry - page jumped and got posted.

It's not brilliant and is not a 95% RT.

But, it's definitely am 85% - right about where critics have it.

by Anonymousreply 112June 2, 2022 7:14 PM

Star Wars fans take this shit really, really seriously r111. Did you not see the reaction to The Last Jedi where they went apeshit even though that was honestly the best film of that trilogy. If it doesn't comport to their fan theories of how it should be it's bad.

by Anonymousreply 113June 2, 2022 7:25 PM

[quote]Did you not see the reaction to The Last Jedi where they went apeshit even though that was honestly the best film of that trilogy. If it doesn't comport to their fan theories of how it should be it's bad.

TLJ was horrible. The entire sequel trilogy lacked an overall plan, let alone plans for each movie.

They wasted characters with great potential to become inconic characters in the Star Wars universe, like Phasma, and wasted great actors like Benicio del Toro. And I loves me some Oscar Isaac. And most importantly, Rey should have been a Kenobi - the symmetry of Luke training Obi Wan's granddaughter would have been - chef's kiss - fantastic.

And, don't even get me started on Admiral Akbar - lol.

But, you're right. There is a cadre of fanboys who take it much too seriously with their cries of having their "childhoods DESTROYED" - I mean, you'd think it was LITERAL VIOLENCE or something. Also, they take it way too far by going after the actors personally, rather than focusing on the poor writing and directing that brought those awful characters to the screens.

by Anonymousreply 114June 2, 2022 7:34 PM

[R108] Absolutely. She hit every acting note perfectly and crafted a memorable character with her limited screen time.

by Anonymousreply 115June 2, 2022 7:49 PM

Wouldn't it be cool if Indira Varma's character showed up in the Andor series, as well?

by Anonymousreply 116June 2, 2022 8:20 PM

Are they bringing the fake Jedi character back? He was a hoot, my favorite thing about the show so far!

And yes, it absolutely makes sense that Obi-Wan would be a bitter mess at this point in his life, riddled with guilt, fear, loneliness, self-hatred, and despair. Which is actually quite different from the mellow and self-confident man of "ANH", and it makes sense that there would be a period during his exile when he let go of some of the guilt and despair. It's a reasonable idea for a show, I hope they make it all work...

by Anonymousreply 117June 3, 2022 12:02 AM

Indira Varna is a strong actress, I hope they don't kill her off and she stays as a series regular. Tala is a great character.

by Anonymousreply 118June 3, 2022 12:02 AM

Who is this Indian Varmint you queens are flipping your lids for?

by Anonymousreply 119June 3, 2022 1:41 AM

[quote]And most importantly, Rey should have been a Kenobi - the symmetry of Luke training Obi Wan's granddaughter would have been - chef's kiss - fantastic.

I liked the plan of having Rey be related to no one at all. It would have been a nice "symbolic" conclusion that the entire time people were throwing around theories of who she was related to; the truth was that she was just an ordinary person who had extraordinary force abilities. That would have driven home the idea that you don't have to be a Skywalker or a Kenobi or a Palpatine's Granddaughter to be powerful. I wish they had of stuck with it.

by Anonymousreply 120June 3, 2022 1:41 AM

[quote]I liked the plan of having Rey be related to no one at all. It would have been a nice "symbolic" conclusion that the entire time people were throwing around theories of who she was related to; the truth was that she was just an ordinary person who had extraordinary force abilities.

The final three movies were supposed to complete the trilogy of trilogies of the Skywalker saga. The issue of fathers and children is a huge part of it - Anakin's lack of one, so seeking substitutes in Qui-Gon, then Obi Wan, only to be disappointed; Luke's lack of one, finding Obi Wan, only to lose him; Luke's redemption of Anakin.

The movies were their story. Having her be nobody or Palpatine's clone's daughter doesn't fulfill the closure of the trilogy in any real way. Whereas Rey as Obi Wan's granddaughter creates another generational connection that started with Anakin and Obi Wan.

by Anonymousreply 121June 3, 2022 1:57 AM

[quote]The final three movies were supposed to complete the trilogy of trilogies of the Skywalker saga.

[quote]Having her be nobody or Palpatine's clone's daughter doesn't fulfill the closure of the trilogy in any real way.

While acknowledging that the truth is: they kept switching who she was related to up until the middle of the last of the trilogy; Johnson's point was, that by having Rey be related to no one, none of that matters. She gets to decide who she is after learning from the triumphs and failures of the past generation. They all made mistakes and they all paid dearly. No more loose ends. Now Rey can become a better person. Now Rey can become something new.

But at least we both agree that the Palpatine reveal was garbage.

by Anonymousreply 122June 3, 2022 3:25 AM

I like the series very much so far. I don't know what to think of the recent rumor that there will be a second season, but we'll see.

Anyway, when I watch some of the reviews and reaction videos to this series, I feel that some Star Wars fans have to be the dumbest, most hysterical motherfuckers alive... "That's not the Obi-Wan that we know! Why doesn't he use the Force?!", " "They assassinated Obi-Wan's character!", "This breaks canon!"

Bitch, please! Ever heard of character arcs, you imbeciles? It's clearly telegraphed that Obi-Wan has a crisis of faith. The early encounter with Vader will rekindle his determination, he'll talk to Qui-Gon, regain his confidence, fight Vader and win (or at least end succeed), and will end up as the Obi-Wan of the OT. Also, it's kind of obvious that Reva has been traumatized as well, will find out about Luke eventually, but won't say anything to Vader because she doesn't want Luke to end up like she did. Vader (or the Grand Inquisitor, who is alive of course) will probably kill her for some reason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123June 3, 2022 4:04 AM

Can we also remember that Obi Wan ends up just standing there and let’s Vader kill him, in order to become stronger with the Force, as a Force ghost. I mean c’mon, he’s not destined for fucking greatness or anything other than a sacrifice to a plot line.

by Anonymousreply 124June 3, 2022 4:45 AM

I'm hate watching the series at this point. The actress playing Reva is in over her head. Little Leia is a shrill brat, but I get Disney wants a live action princess. Finally the retcon is a major annoyance. They could mine new stories and characters versus rewriting canon. That's why Mandolorian succeeds and Obi Wan misfires, at least thus far.

by Anonymousreply 125June 3, 2022 5:20 AM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 126June 3, 2022 5:22 AM

[quote]I'm hate watching the series at this point. The actress playing Reva is in over her head. Little Leia is a shrill brat, but I get Disney wants a live action princess. Finally the retcon is a major annoyance. They could mine new stories and characters versus rewriting canon. That's why Mandolorian succeeds and Obi Wan misfires, at least thus far.

QED. Retcon?! How does this series retcon anything? Also, there was more retconning within the OT. The prequels were one big retcon ffs!

"But... but... the OT and the PT are sacred because of George Lucas!" Yeah, sure, because the so called fans had any respect for Lucas' vision before they got a new enemy target to fixate on... These dumb circle-jerking fucks ejaculated the same hysterical negativity all over the prequels and, as a consequence, Lucas sold the franchise in disgust.

Ingram is not a real problem; she's a secondary character that doesn't carry the story. Besides, nobody's complaining about the Fifth Brother, and he's ridiculously bad, especially if you know the character from Rebels. Leia is depicted as a shrill brat because Fisher's Leia was a shrill brat. Have you seen the movies?!

You know, I get not liking the series. Taste is subjective after all, no big deal. I also get why people prefer new content compared to using the same old characters over and over again. However, making up flimsy, easily disproven arguments in order to justify your dislike is pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 127June 3, 2022 5:51 AM

[quote]Did Alec Guinness have a nude scene I’ve forgotten in the original trilogy?

HIS FUCKING FACE WAS PUSHED RIGHT INTO THE BURNING FUEL AND FIRE YOU MORON.

That whole scene was such bullshit, such garbage...

by Anonymousreply 128June 3, 2022 6:55 AM

R121 Ani did have a father. They made it pretty clear. His slave mama said that: he was a "virgin birth like Jebus". Palps also made it clear that he was his father as he planted the seed in his mama.

by Anonymousreply 129June 3, 2022 10:02 AM

R127 It has been spoiled from different sources that the black girl is just trying to take down Vader. She is only pretending to be against him so she can team up with Obi-wan later and try to kill him. Then she will get all her limbs and head chopped clean off by Vader.

by Anonymousreply 130June 3, 2022 10:05 AM

[quote]While acknowledging that the truth is: they kept switching who she was related to up until the middle of the last of the trilogy; Johnson's point was, that by having Rey be related to no one, none of that matters. She gets to decide who she is after learning from the triumphs and failures of the past generation. They all made mistakes and they all paid dearly. No more loose ends. Now Rey can become a better person. Now Rey can become something new.

I concur on both the erratic switching of her identity between each of the movies and Johnson's message. My point is that the "you can be whoever you want" does not fulfill the larger thematic principle of the first two trilogies. Having Luke finally be the "father" figure for Rey and after multiple tries at long last successfully train Rey as a Jedi would have completed the circle in a way that Johnson's "you shape your own identity. none of that matters" doesn't. It ultimately fulfills the Prophesy of the One where Anakin through Luke brings balance to the Force - creating better continuity between all of the movies, as well as fits better thematically, rather than introducing a whole new theme that has not had sufficient setup-repetitition-payoff through the course of the final trilogy, let alone the entire saga, to have a meaningful impact.

by Anonymousreply 131June 3, 2022 12:44 PM

R131 Aren't you just full of shit. Do you just make garbage up? There was never any Bring balance to the Force through Luke. Lucas had no fucking clue what he was doing through all of his six movies he was involved with. No surprise that the one where he was involved the least became the best in the series with Epi 5.

by Anonymousreply 132June 3, 2022 7:22 PM

The fault of that is the lack of structure for the sequels. Make it up as you go along doesn't work. And that's the fault of Disney, not Johnson or Abrams.

The prequels have many flaws, but they told a story.

by Anonymousreply 133June 3, 2022 8:29 PM

[quote][R131] Aren't you just full of shit. Do you just make garbage up? There was never any Bring balance to the Force through Luke.

Your reading comprehension is adorable if THAT is what you think I said.

by Anonymousreply 134June 3, 2022 9:01 PM

[quote] Whereas Rey as Obi Wan's granddaughter creates another generational connection that started with Anakin and Obi Wan.

This would have required revealing that Obi-Wan also disobeyed the Jedi rules and had a relationship, or sex anyway, with a woman, something that was never suggested at any point in the previous movies.

by Anonymousreply 135June 3, 2022 9:25 PM

[quote]This would have required revealing that Obi-Wan also disobeyed the Jedi rules and had a relationship, or sex anyway, with a woman, something that was never suggested at any point in the previous movies.

I've never been clear whether Jedi were supposed to be celibate. I've always assumed they could have sex, just not form long-term relationships. Obviously, the issue of forming "attachments" is a vague circumstance, as they all form some form of attachment or another.

As for the woman, in the Clone Wars animated series which Lucasfilm has stated is canon, Obi Wan told Duchess Satine of Mandalore that if she had asked him, he would have left the Jedi Order for her. So, most people assume that if he had had a child, it would have been with her. There is sufficient vagueness around the timeline of her relationship with Obi Wan and her death at Maul's hands that it's possible she had a child in secret.

by Anonymousreply 136June 3, 2022 9:38 PM

Side note: apparently someone translated the graffiti on the walls in the escape tunnel.

One of the names is "Dume" - as in "Caleb Dume" or Kanan Jarrus from Rebels.

by Anonymousreply 137June 3, 2022 9:52 PM

[quote]I concur on both the erratic switching of her identity between each of the movies and Johnson's message. My point is that the "you can be whoever you want" does not fulfill the larger thematic principle of the first two trilogies.

The problem is that they made all of that up as they went along. You're giving them meaning as many other fans have. That's fine. That's great. That's what people do to art. However, as we've acknowledged, they were all over the place with Rey's heritage but that also lends credence to the idea that they didn't exactly have a clear theme or that wouldn't have been the case.

[quote]This would have required revealing that Obi-Wan also disobeyed the Jedi rules and had a relationship, or sex anyway, with a woman, something that was never suggested at any point in the previous movies.

The Jedi could have sex, they just couldn't become attached/have a possessive relationship.

Attachment is the way to the dark side as Anakin was warned, and fell victim to.

by Anonymousreply 138June 3, 2022 10:21 PM

[quote]The problem is that they made all of that up as they went along. You're giving them meaning as many other fans have. That's fine. That's great. That's what people do to art. However, as we've acknowledged, they were all over the place with Rey's heritage but that also lends credence to the idea that they didn't exactly have a clear theme or that wouldn't have been the case.

While it's likely true that much of the story changed and evolved over time (Lucas had envisioned a 12-part "Adventures of Luke Skywalker" at one point) and people have analyzed and scrutizined the movies to identify and support their own conclusions, it's also fairly well established that writers (both novels and screenplays) include both planned themes, imagery, and plot points to concretize their abstractions about such notions as "freedom" or what have you, but also cannot escape including other themes about which they are not aware.

For example, whether planned or unplanned, you cannot help but notice that someone writing the first six movies had issues with fathers and sons and what it means to be a "family" more generally.

by Anonymousreply 139June 4, 2022 2:16 AM

^^^ further on my point, I doubt that Jane Austen or Herman Melville would recognize half of what all the PhD dissertations say about them and their works.

by Anonymousreply 140June 4, 2022 2:18 AM

More than 20% of the respondents gave Kathy K's SJW turd a 1 out of 10. The fans have spoken.

Character Assassination of Obi Wan Kenobi gamingacct-313644 June 2022 If you hated what they did to Luke Skywalker in Last Jedi, then you will hate this show, because they pretty much do the same thing to Obi Wan in this. The writers throw out logic and causality along with continuity in this amateurishly written, directed, and acted series.

Much like George Clooney apologizes for Batman and Robin, I foresee Ewan doing the same about this, when he no longer looks forward to the next Disney paycheck.

by Anonymousreply 141June 5, 2022 8:31 PM

More than 20% on IMDB, I meant.

by Anonymousreply 142June 5, 2022 8:32 PM

[quote]Character Assassination of Obi Wan Kenobi gamingacct-313644 June 2022 If you hated what they did to Luke Skywalker in Last Jedi, then you will hate this show, because they pretty much do the same thing to Obi Wan in this.

This is the stupidest criticism I've seen. OF COURSE, Obi Wan is going to be a wreck. He spent years on the front lines of the Clone Wars, then watched as almost everyone he knew was slaughted and someone he deemed his "brother" turned to the dark side and thought he killed him. He cut himself off from the Force, so of course, he'd get wrecked by Vader in a fight. The difference between him and sequel-Luke is that we know why Obi Wan is like this and we also know he comes back better than ever.

Now, if he remains a wreck at the end of the season, that's a different story. However, we know from Rebels that Obi Wan come back to thunderous applause.

[quote]Much like George Clooney apologizes for Batman and Robin, I foresee Ewan doing the same about this, when he no longer looks forward to the next Disney paycheck.

Well, it's going to have to wait because a second season appears to be in development.

by Anonymousreply 143June 5, 2022 9:52 PM

More than 20%!!!!

That means it's got a 7.8 IMDB score. That's equal to or better thank six of the nine Star Wars movies.

by Anonymousreply 144June 6, 2022 1:41 AM

R144 Stupid cunt. 20% gave it a 1 does not mean it gets an 8, fucking moron. Clearly you're a brain dead Gen Zer.

by Anonymousreply 145June 6, 2022 12:49 PM

WTF are you talking about? It's 7% as of 6/6/2022 8pm CDT

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146June 7, 2022 1:04 AM

No one cares about IMDB ratings. It is the user reviews that matter.

by Anonymousreply 147June 7, 2022 1:22 PM

Bens face did NOT touch the fire. Only his arm.

by Anonymousreply 148June 7, 2022 11:51 PM

43K rated it and 1,249 reviewed it.

But the butt-hurt incel fanboys 1 reviews matter more.

by Anonymousreply 149June 8, 2022 1:30 AM

R149, his face was PUSHED INTO THE FIRE.

by Anonymousreply 150June 8, 2022 4:58 AM

The latest episode is horrendous. They are just repeating Baby Yoda with Baby Cunt Leia this time. God I fucking hate Cunt Kathy K. She needs to be cut up into a billion cunty pieces by Vader. Everything she touches is minus a billion in quality or intelligence. Fucking cunt.

by Anonymousreply 151June 8, 2022 2:06 PM

We all appreciate the continued nuance and well-reasoned specificity of your arguments, r151.

by Anonymousreply 152June 8, 2022 2:33 PM

The incels' reaction to the show is almost more entertaining than the show itself.

My childhood is ruined. RUINED! That mother fucking cunt Kathy ruined my innocent childhood! She raped it with a Star Wars merch strap-on! Hard! This cunt should burn in hell! IN HEEEEEEEELL!

by Anonymousreply 153June 8, 2022 2:41 PM

Agreed. Everything she touches is absolute fucking SJW garbage.

by Anonymousreply 154June 8, 2022 2:43 PM

[quote]The latest episode is horrendous. They are just repeating Baby Yoda with Baby Cunt Leia this time.

This statement doesn't even make sense.

Storywise, if you wanted to draw a comparison, Obi Wan is following the same story line - hiding Force ability and having to relearn skills.

I'm betting that when Obi Wan finally connects with Qui-Gon, it'll be symbolic of his having finally fully reconnected with the Force AFTER defeating Vader a second time, or at least fighting to a draw - which he has to do for ANH's duel dialog to make sense.

by Anonymousreply 155June 8, 2022 3:36 PM

i saw something posted and it makes sense: Each episode is titled Part I, Part II, etc. The episodes reflect aspects of the films in order. The first had Tatooine, the second has urban center chase and a water planet, the third had the Anakin/Obi-Wan fight, and the fourth is the rescue of Leia...

Interesting to see if these themes/aspects hold up in the last two chapters.

by Anonymousreply 156June 8, 2022 11:10 PM

Get ready for Ewoks in part VI, baby!

by Anonymousreply 157June 8, 2022 11:13 PM

I can't believe they unironically had Leia being hidden in a big cost, I laughed at that silliness.

This show is kinda dumb, but honestly Star Wars has always been kinda dumb.

by Anonymousreply 158June 9, 2022 1:01 AM

Cost*

by Anonymousreply 159June 9, 2022 1:01 AM

I really like Indira Varna, I hope they don't kill her off. She adds a lot to the show.

by Anonymousreply 160June 9, 2022 1:13 AM

Agreed r160, she is managing to elevate the material and come off very well here.

There are only two episodes of this left though. It's almost over.

by Anonymousreply 161June 9, 2022 1:17 AM

[quote]I really like Indira Varna, I hope they don't kill her off. She adds a lot to the show.

Agreed. Too bad she wasn't announced as part of the Andor cast. It would make sense for her to be a spy within the Empire, but I suppose that her cover is blown now in any case.

by Anonymousreply 162June 9, 2022 1:49 AM

I'm in the "way too much annoying child" boat too. Doesn't even feel like Obi Wants show.

by Anonymousreply 163June 9, 2022 6:33 AM

Indira Varma adds a lot to every show she’s in. I’ve loved her since Rome.

by Anonymousreply 164June 9, 2022 11:40 AM

Wow, this Indian Varmint, sure seems to have some hardcore stans around here.

by Anonymousreply 165June 9, 2022 1:12 PM

Little Leia was totally annoying in the first and part of the second episode. She gets more serious and less annoying as the series progresses. She had to be annoying because adult Leia was totally annoying when you first meet her in A New Hope. Watch episode 4. She's very good.

by Anonymousreply 166June 9, 2022 9:20 PM

Get ready for Baby Jar Jar Binks!

by Anonymousreply 167June 9, 2022 9:23 PM

[quote]Indira Varma adds a lot to every show she’s in. I’ve loved her since Rome.

That's where I discovered her too. She has REAL range as an actor.

by Anonymousreply 168June 9, 2022 9:25 PM

I loved her in Torchwood. Think I saw here there first, before Rome.

by Anonymousreply 169June 10, 2022 7:43 AM

Saw her first in Kama Sutra: A Tale of Love (1996), through I've also loved her in Rome and Game of Thrones. Bitch doesn't age and is so charismatic.

The show is quite shit, I feel bad for Indira and Maya Erskine who got dragged into this. Ewan got a huge paycheck out of it, so I don't feel bad for him at all.

by Anonymousreply 170June 10, 2022 10:47 AM

For a show called Obiwan, what have we even learned about Obiwan? How has he been developed as a character?

by Anonymousreply 171June 10, 2022 12:22 PM

[quote]For a show called Obiwan, what have we even learned about Obiwan? How has he been developed as a character?

- That the fall of the Republic and Jedi left him damaged and broken.

- That he turned his mission to protect Luke into an obsession that was the only thing that kept him going for at least a decade after RotS. Hiding out on Tatooine was as much about protecting Luke and hiding from the Empire as it was checking-out emotionally and mentally.

- That he suffers guilt at thinking he was resposible for Anakin's death, then even more guilt when he realized what Anakin had become. His failure with Anakin had a much greater impact on him than what we've seen through the original trilogy.

- That Obi Wan had a brother, which opens a lot of story possibilities. As silly as Midichlorians were, it makes clear that parentage does make a difference in Force sensitivity. Another Kenobi descendant through a brother increases the likelihood of another strong Force sensitive roaming around.

- We get two sides of the coin when it comes to the Jedi practice of taking young Force sensitive children from families - Reva and Obi Wan. With the way events played out for Obi Wan and the Jedi, we see a tinge of regret at not knowing his family, a moment of recognition of what he gave up seemingly for nothing. Obi Wan's entire life lost meaning, leaving only his mission to protect Luke to give it any meaning or purpose.

- That naming her kid "Ben" makes a bit more sense beyond Obi Wan's importance to her brother.

Seemingly, Obi Wan's character arc is his movement from a shattered and broken former Jedi to the sage master of ANH.

by Anonymousreply 172June 10, 2022 1:20 PM

This week's episode was only about 35 minutes. And you could have probably cut it down to about 20. The more this series goes on, the more it feels like it would have worked better as a film.

Hiding Leia under Obi-Wan's coat without anyone noticing was totally silly. But somehow, it seemed like something George Lucas would have done.

Reva is an awful, one-note villain. Moses Ingram is a good actor, but the material she's been given isn't doing her any favors. With only two episodes left, there likely won't be enough time to give the character depth.

by Anonymousreply 173June 10, 2022 8:27 PM

I like Reva and don't think she's one-note. We see why she's as broken and desperate for approval as she is and how she's probably not truly evil, just traumatized and alone, which explains why she didn't really seem to have true malice interrogating Leia. I tend to think all of the material of the Star Wars shows isn't much to work with - certainly The Mandalorian won't be winning any writing Emmys.

by Anonymousreply 174June 10, 2022 8:32 PM

[Quote] certainly The Mandalorian won't be winning any writing Emmys.

Fuck you!

by Anonymousreply 175June 11, 2022 12:01 AM

[quote]Indira Varma adds a lot to every show she’s in. I’ve loved her since Rome.

Loved her since I saw her as Suzie on Torchwood. It's always a joy to see her.

[quote]I like Reva and don't think she's one-note. We see why she's as broken and desperate for approval as she is and how she's probably not truly evil, just traumatized and alone, which explains why she didn't really seem to have true malice interrogating Leia.

And that's why I'm happy she's getting her own series. It will be a nice change of pace from the usual Star Wars output. She has truly done some bad things and she'll have to atone for them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176June 11, 2022 12:51 PM

Reva series only if filoni is running it.

He is the only one making strong new Star Wars characters.

by Anonymousreply 177June 11, 2022 1:32 PM

A Reva series? Pass. Terrible character, not very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 178June 11, 2022 1:51 PM

[Quote] She has truly done some bad things and she'll have to atone for them.

Or she could go the Darth Vader route and go fully fucking evil for decades, slaughtering children and killing millions, then repent at the last second and live forever as a sparkly Force ghost alongside Obi Wan, Qui Gon & Yoda.

by Anonymousreply 179June 11, 2022 7:05 PM

I'd definitely tune in for a Reva redemption series. I love a good fucked up anti-hero with a twisted past and it's rare that that's a role played by a young black woman.

by Anonymousreply 180June 11, 2022 7:18 PM

So far, I don't find Reva very compelling. I find her almost more juvenile than the Leia character. Reva is twirling her invisible mustache in every scene, but rarely delivering on the evil part. Just childish posturing.

by Anonymousreply 181June 11, 2022 8:19 PM

The problem with Reva is the problem with this entire show, the writing. It's just not that good, I had higher expectations.

by Anonymousreply 182June 11, 2022 8:44 PM

I think the fact that it's mostly posturing is part of the character. She does bad things, but she isn't truly evil, blah blah.

by Anonymousreply 183June 12, 2022 12:49 AM

I think the director, Deborah Chow, just isn't right for SW.

by Anonymousreply 184June 13, 2022 6:01 AM

[quote]I think the director, Deborah Chow, just isn't right for SW.

I'm enjoying the story, but I think you're right. Her episodes of The Mandalorian were great, but I'm starting to think Jon Favreau is one of those show runners who basically backseat drives/directs for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 185June 13, 2022 10:18 AM

[quote]I think the fact that it's mostly posturing is part of the character. She does bad things, but she isn't truly evil, blah blah.

As other people have picked up, there has to be a reason why she's not fully "sith" looking. It's also obvious that whenever she talks about her Jedi past she's more hurt than anything. Then again she had no hesitation in cutting off that old woman's hand and she truly is tracking Obi Wan.

Maybe her posturing is because she's not actually evil.

[quote]I think the director, Deborah Chow, just isn't right for SW.

She's not giving this show the tone that it needs to have. It's almost as if she's not fully committing to it. The Mandalorian is a different beast.

That's actually my fear with Daredevil producing new episodes on Disney. Instead of being hooked on drugs Karen Page will sing songs and dance.

by Anonymousreply 186June 13, 2022 11:26 PM

Honey, chill. We haven't had the Obi-Wan musical episode.

Yet.

by Anonymousreply 187June 13, 2022 11:52 PM

[quote]Honey, chill. We haven't had the Obi-Wan musical episode.

[quote]Yet.

Oh, but you're wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188June 14, 2022 1:52 AM

OK the latest episode left me with a big question:

Obi Wan didn't know Anakin survived until ten years after the fact.

Obi Wan did know that Anakin was Darth Vader from the very beginning because in Revenge Of the Sith we saw Obi Wan and Yoda watching the hologram of the Emperor renaming Anakin "Darth Vader."

My question is: What was Darth Vader's status in the galaxy at large? Was he kind of like a public figure? Did the average person in the galaxy know who he was or was he more of a secret agent who wasn't publicly known?

If he wasn't publicly known that doesn't really make any sense because Vader was well-known throughout the rank and file of the Empire, everybody knew who he was. Since the Empire was so huge and dominated the whole galaxy it doesn't make sense that knowledge of Vader wouldn't have trickled down to the public at large because everybody in the Imperial structure knew all about him.

by Anonymousreply 189June 14, 2022 2:00 AM

[quote]My question is: What was Darth Vader's status in the galaxy at large? Was he kind of like a public figure? Did the average person in the galaxy know who he was or was he more of a secret agent who wasn't publicly known?

Depends on where you were in the galaxy and who you were. Vader's presence grew from being a secret, to being just for the inner circle of military officials, to being known by the military, to being known as a force user opponent by by the good guys. However, where Obi Wan is, and where Luke is, news travels slowly. Obi Wan was on the Outer Rim so he didn't know much about what was happening in the rest of the galaxy. Not far enough away that the Empire couldn't travel there but far enough away that they didn't have much reason to.

[quote] Since the Empire was so huge and dominated the whole galaxy it doesn't make sense that knowledge of Vader wouldn't have trickled down to the public at large because everybody in the Imperial structure knew all about him.

They didn't dominate the whole galaxy, just most of it. I'm pretty sure there are maps out there that are canon. There were plenty of places their influence didn't reach. Why? Because they were incompetent.

[quote]Obi Wan did know that Anakin was Darth Vader from the very beginning because in Revenge Of the Sith we saw Obi Wan and Yoda watching the hologram of the Emperor renaming Anakin "Darth Vader."

See the article and the quote: the writer forgot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190June 14, 2022 2:47 AM

[quote]See the article and the quote: the writer forgot.

That's unbelievable. There's nobody at Disney making sure continuity is correct? WTF do they think this is the Golden Girls?

r190 your explanation makes sense that in a backwater world like Tatooine word of Vader wouldn't have necessarily traveled. I guess that can be a plausible explanation. And also that Vader's presence was not known to everyone all at once, it took time.

by Anonymousreply 191June 14, 2022 2:51 AM

I took it not as Obi Wan not knowing Anakin was Darth Vader and more Obi Wan not knowing Abakin was now all artificial limbs and wearing space drag. I assumed his surprise was the sight of Vader, not that Anakin was Vader.

by Anonymousreply 192June 14, 2022 3:18 AM

Huh r192? They were clearly portraying that Obiwan was not aware Anakin was still alive until we see Reva tell him. That was a big moment.

So yeah, the explanation has to be Obiwan was not aware of Darth Vader as an entity out there.

by Anonymousreply 193June 14, 2022 3:52 AM

[quote]So yeah, the explanation has to be Obiwan was not aware of Darth Vader as an entity out there.

That's really stretching things, but being on a backwater planet like Tatooine, which isn't a part of the Empire, could explain why Obi Wan had never heard that Vader was alive. Again, it's a stretch. Esp. with Mos Eisley being five minutes away, and people from all over the galaxy coming and going. News from elsewhere in the galaxy would constantly filter through Mos Eisley.

by Anonymousreply 194June 14, 2022 4:00 AM

I dunno. The man's a hermit, living in a cave in the desert. He clearly doesn’t talk to his co-workers; they make a point of showing that. The only person he seems to communicate with is Owen and even that seems to be a rare occurrence. Oh, and the occasional Jawa.

I bought that he wasn’t aware that Vader/Anakin was still alive.

by Anonymousreply 195June 14, 2022 11:44 AM

Anakin Skywalker received his Sith name, 'Darth Vader,' prior to having his limbs cut off and being burned alive on Mustafar. Kenobi was aware of the new identity, but wasn't aware that he'd survived Mustafar and become a seven-foot-tall armored monster.

by Anonymousreply 196June 14, 2022 7:15 PM

[quote]Anakin Skywalker received his Sith name, 'Darth Vader,' prior to having his limbs cut off and being burned alive on Mustafar. Kenobi was aware of the new identity, but wasn't aware that he'd survived Mustafar and become a seven-foot-tall armored monster.

Right. But the current bone of contention is that for the scene to make sense, some portion of that chain is broken.

Kenobi either doesn't know that Anakin is Vader or he doesn't know that Anakin survived Mustafar which means that he has NEVER heard stories about Vader during the past ten years on Tatooine.

People find it somewhat implausible that he's wholly unaware of a seven foot armored terror walking around calling himself Darth Vader.

by Anonymousreply 197June 14, 2022 7:32 PM

Obi Wan is so close to Mos Eisley, surely news about Darth Vader would've passed through there.

by Anonymousreply 198June 14, 2022 7:40 PM

I don't believe it's implausible. Tatooine is a backwater, and Ben Kenobi lives as a hermit, completely unplugged from galactic news. Vader had never been back to Tatooine - until now. Nor is Vader particularly well-known; people who encountered him tended not to survive.

Word-of-mouth about Vader wasn't even common after 'Rebels'; the events of 'Rogue One' and 'Episode Four' seem to have begun the glimmerings of awareness about him.

by Anonymousreply 199June 14, 2022 7:41 PM

It's been rather underwhelming so far. Andor, which starts in a few weeks, looks like it will be a better show.

by Anonymousreply 200June 14, 2022 7:47 PM

[quote]People find it somewhat implausible that he's wholly unaware of a seven foot armored terror walking around calling himself Darth Vader.

Why is it implausible? Isn’t that the point of the first episode? He’s cut himself off from the universe and simply focuses on watching Luke from a distance. The series starts the first time a Jedi blunders onto Tatooine.

by Anonymousreply 201June 14, 2022 8:07 PM

I'm hoping r200, but in general I think the Disney+ experiment has been underwhelming. There hasn't been a truly great show on that platform.

The Marvel and Star Wars content has wound up being disappointing even if it showed promise at first. I think Loki is the most successful experiment so far.

by Anonymousreply 202June 14, 2022 8:08 PM

The Mandalorian has been very good.

by Anonymousreply 203June 14, 2022 8:09 PM

I'd rate WandaVision, Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel over that Loki mess.

by Anonymousreply 204June 14, 2022 9:12 PM

[quote]I think Loki is the most successful experiment so far.

The Mandalorian has been a standout.

And (so far) Ms. Marvel has been great.

I didn't think the "scared to make Loki bisexual so we're going to have him fall in love with a female version of himself" Loki show was that special.

Also Disney+ has only been around for two years.

by Anonymousreply 205June 14, 2022 9:12 PM

People are rating Ms. Marvel? Let's hold your horses, it's been one damn episode. We will see how it develops over the season

by Anonymousreply 206June 14, 2022 9:20 PM

[quote] People find it somewhat implausible that he's wholly unaware of a seven foot armored terror walking around calling himself Darth Vader.

It doesn't look like Kenobi mingled much with people, Not to mention, it doesn't look like he was much around Jedis either. I doubt he wanted to hear what the Empire is up to while he is licking his wounded ego. And he didn't use his force for quite some time.

In real life, one can be blissfully ignorant if you make the deliberate decision to stay off the grid.

by Anonymousreply 207June 14, 2022 10:29 PM

The actress who plays Reva is terrible. She only know to do one emotion: angry.

by Anonymousreply 208June 14, 2022 10:36 PM

It's the Sith she's playing, R208. That's kind of their thing.

by Anonymousreply 209June 14, 2022 10:42 PM

R208, you're a fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 210June 15, 2022 1:03 AM

Reva is not popular

by Anonymousreply 211June 15, 2022 1:04 AM

A lot of fanboys are sexist racist incels.

by Anonymousreply 212June 15, 2022 1:05 AM

r212 the character of Reva sucks. Sure some might hate her because she's black but a great many just hate the character.

Conversely, Indira Varma is being singled out as the best thing on this show. And she's not white either. So there goes your little theory.

by Anonymousreply 213June 15, 2022 1:07 AM

Indira has great range.. She's a very emotive actress.

by Anonymousreply 214June 15, 2022 10:33 AM

how many episodes in 1 season?

by Anonymousreply 215June 15, 2022 11:10 AM

Six episodes for season 1.

Rumors, but nothing confirmed on a second season. McGregor has hinted, but nothing announced.

by Anonymousreply 216June 15, 2022 11:56 AM

Interesting episode today. Kind of everything you thought would happen, but not really? And typical of this show, everything would have been flat-out fucking fantastic with three or four more passes in the writers' room.

That said, it has maybe the greatest prequel sequence not actually in the prequels.

by Anonymousreply 217June 15, 2022 12:11 PM

Some cheap CGI in this series. The scene with Vader and the ship was rubbish.

by Anonymousreply 218June 15, 2022 12:13 PM

R213, How on earth does Reva suck? And yeah, Varma isn't Black so no that doesn't disprove my little 'theory'.

She doesn't suck. The hate for her is utterly irrational. It's okay to dislike a character, but the actress is getting death threats. Jesus, wake up to the obvious here.

by Anonymousreply 219June 15, 2022 1:31 PM

Reva has such an annoying whiny voice and it's sometimes too whispery as well, she really needs to learn to project more. I do like the actress, though.

However, I am done with Leia after this episode. My god, she's obnoxious. The very definition of an overcoached kid actor. I bet her parents rode her ass 24/7 back at home.

So long, Indira. You were too good for this shit, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 220June 15, 2022 1:39 PM

The real problem with this series is that it's more like a really long movie that they carved up into episodes.

It would drag as a movie if you jammed all the episodes together and showed them continuously, but the individual episodes lack the standard act structure. Also, the scenes don't turn.

They're also wasting Hayden. They trotted him out in all the press as if he's a huge part of it. It's really just a cameo appearance.

What they really needed to do was add more cat-and-mouse into it with more flashbacks cut in as they did in this episode where they both "remember" things from the past and give insight into the other.

Also, the setup to deal with "when I left you, I was but the learner. Now, I am the master" was so tediously constructed and obvious.

by Anonymousreply 221June 15, 2022 1:46 PM

Reva sucks more than a slutty bottom at a gloryhole emporium.

by Anonymousreply 222June 15, 2022 2:12 PM

No one cares what you do on your lunch hour, r222.

by Anonymousreply 223June 15, 2022 2:13 PM

[quote]R212: A lot of fanboys are sexist racist incels.

They're not really fans, R212, kind of the opposite. Their job (yes, they're paid to do what they're doing) is to shit on the series. 𝐴𝑙𝑙 of the series - Star Wars, Star Trek, Stranger Things - it doesn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 224June 15, 2022 5:19 PM

Moses Ingram has no menace or gravitas to her performance. Reva should be a fierce, threatening bitch. There are so many other actresses who could've pulled it off.

by Anonymousreply 225June 15, 2022 7:21 PM

Lupita Luongo should have been the bad girl. A girl who is truly black. Not some white bitch like Halle Berry.

by Anonymousreply 226June 15, 2022 7:23 PM

Obi-Wan Kenobi: 10 Unpopular Opinions, According To Reddit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227June 15, 2022 8:36 PM

As soon as Bail left that message about the children I just knew it would be fucking Reva that would find it.

That's how predictable and lazy this writing is.

Also, I'm supposed to believe that no-one has any brain cells in this universe anymore? Bail not only says the LOCATION but also the GUARDIAN'S name for Luke. Why not draw a map for them while you're at it, Bail?

Don't even get me started on Vader leaving Reva alive after the Grand Inquisitor just bragged about how he survived the same wound with revenge being a great will to live--you know, apparently what Reva is all about.

How am I supposed to be immersed in this world when everyone is so fucking stupid? I'm not asking for some huge brain plays here, but some COMMON SENSE so you're not shitting on these characters and the lives they have led to this point would be awesome.

by Anonymousreply 228June 15, 2022 8:48 PM

Overall I thought this was a strong episode, especially compared to last week which was the weakest of the season. They finally gave us some flashbacks with Kenobi and Anakin. That's an easy win, it's what the audience wants to see and I was glad for it.

And seeing Vader pull down the ship and toy with Reva is exactly the type of enjoyable fanservice I expect from shows like this.

Does the actual plot of this thing make sense? Not really. But at least this episode I was entertained.

by Anonymousreply 229June 16, 2022 12:09 AM

[quote]However, I am done with Leia after this episode. My god, she's obnoxious.

I read your post before I watched it and Leia didn't even play a big role in the episode! You are looking for seasons to get upset

by Anonymousreply 230June 16, 2022 12:11 AM

That's at least 25% of Star Wars "fans" these days R230 - people just looking for something to get mad at.

by Anonymousreply 231June 16, 2022 12:25 AM

No, after several episodes you've had enough of her. I think she is miscast.

by Anonymousreply 232June 16, 2022 12:10 PM

[quote]That's at least 25% of Star Wars "fans" these days [R230] - people just looking for something to get mad at.

That’s people in general right now. And I’d wager it’s more than 25%. We're a culture that delights in being outraged. Star Wars fans are just a nerdy control group in the experiment of life.

by Anonymousreply 233June 16, 2022 12:25 PM

Star Wars has mass appeal, but also a significant number of super fans, who are important for the ongoing success of the franchise, and they are mostly straight boys and men. A sexist proportion of them are going to be bothered by pushing female characters to the fore and a racist element will hate "diversity casting". This is a problem for Disney as they go forward. Those super fans want to see proxies of themselves centred, not little girls and not people who they perceive to be too different to them. Awkward.

by Anonymousreply 234June 16, 2022 12:32 PM

[quote]A sexist proportion of them are going to be bothered by pushing female characters to the fore and a racist element will hate "diversity casting". This is a problem for Disney as they go forward. Those super fans want to see proxies of themselves centred, not little girls and not people who they perceive to be too different to them. Awkward.

This statement is categorically incorrect.

Fans are going going wild over the Ahsoka series and LOVE Rosario Dawson. They went wild when they realized Sabine Wren was included and brought the house down when the short clip showed what EVERYONE assumes is Hera from the back.

You construct a good female character and the diehard fans don't care.

by Anonymousreply 235June 16, 2022 12:45 PM

Reva gets a lightsaber through the stomach and survives? Ok.

by Anonymousreply 236June 16, 2022 3:08 PM

Hera is seen in the Ahsoka trailer. They're on a search for Thrawn and Ezra. Can't wait for that show.

by Anonymousreply 237June 16, 2022 3:11 PM

Also, even if the diehards hated Solo, they LOVE Qira.

Any time there's even a chance for Qira to show up, speculation runs wild.

Reva has some potential, but is not a good character. The character can be rehabilitated with a better story arc if they give her a show of her own. Few people like Ahsoka for the first couple seasons of Clone Wars. But, by the end were devastated when she got kicked out of the Jedi, then declined returning. The hype for her return in Mando was almost as big as for Luke.

If they give Reva a show, I'll watch if for no other reason than to see if they can make me care about the character.

Where is Cal Kestus! Bring Cal before Cameron Monaghan gets too old for Cal in this time period.

by Anonymousreply 238June 16, 2022 6:15 PM

This has to be the gayest scene in Star Wars EVER. And C3P0 was the whiniest lil fucking bitch in the galaxy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239June 16, 2022 6:45 PM

I'm telling you, they need to can Deborah Chow and start over.

by Anonymousreply 240June 17, 2022 3:19 AM

And I'm telling you, I'm not going!

by Anonymousreply 241June 17, 2022 9:40 AM

This episode was the strongest yet, but it still had some really messy writing. Leia at 10 years old knows the mechanics of fixing a gate? Reva could have cut through the gate with her lightsaber at any moment, but instead let the Stormtroopers fire on it?

Seeing Vader hand Reva her ass was strangely satisfying. Unfortunately, he didn't kill her.

The prequel flashback hints at what the series should have been -- scenes from Obi-Wan and Anakin's "glory days" and how they apply to the present (similar to "Lost"). That would have been a lot more interesting and engaging than "The Reva Show (featuring Obi-Wan)."

by Anonymousreply 242June 17, 2022 5:31 PM

Does anyone else think this show would have been far better and more intriguing if 3rd Sister had been Reva Shayne?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243June 17, 2022 8:53 PM

The last episode was co-written by Andrew Stanton who wrote and/or directed a lot of the great Pixar movies, including WALL-E. So, if it felt a bit better than the previous episodes (if still rushed), that might explain it.

I don't understand why Disney (or is it Lucasfilm?) keeps throwing neophyte writers at these shows. ANDOR, at least, has proven talent in the writers' room. Might be a good sign.

by Anonymousreply 244June 19, 2022 9:23 AM

I haven't been impressed by Moses Ingram for most of the show, not until this week anyway. Her big fight scene was the first time she impressed me, the first time her character became interesting, the scene where she let ALL the rage out and went into full-on Berserker I-don't-care-if-I-die-as-long-as-I-kill attack mode, and didn't let up even when it became clear that she couldn't win. Not many young actresses can do that, maybe it's why she got the job.

Anyway, I predicted at the beginning that Obi-Wan was going to have to form an uneasy alliance with this bitch he could never trust, and I bet that's where Season 2 goes.

And BTW, if stabbing a person in the abdomen with a light saber doesn't kill them, why do all these light-saber fighters act like it does? If they've got the gut shot in and the opponent is down, why not take their fucking head off so there's no danger of them coming back?

by Anonymousreply 245June 19, 2022 9:45 PM

So Hayden looks a bit older, he’s still cute, though.

Ewan and Hayden do have great chemistry together.

I remember reading all sorts of fan fiction with these two.

Including one where Anakin turns evil but isn’t disfigured. Obi Wan is hiding from him with baby Luke in tow. Anakin finds them and keeps threatening Obi Wan not to run or misbehave or else he will never see baby Luke again. I wonder how it ended. 🤔

by Anonymousreply 246June 20, 2022 12:59 AM

[quote]Ewan and Hayden do have great chemistry together.

They allegedly fucked when making the prequels.

by Anonymousreply 247June 20, 2022 1:02 AM

I want someone to show me on the doll where those $25 million per episode went. Because I'm not seeing it.

And I reiterate, Leia needs to go, she pisses me off to no end. Overcoached to hell and back by her overeager parents, she comes across like an entrant at Crufts, rather than a normal kid actor.

by Anonymousreply 248June 20, 2022 1:07 AM

No! 😳😳😳

Really??

Well, damn, that’s hot. 🥵🫠🥰

by Anonymousreply 249June 20, 2022 1:07 AM

When I watched I was puzzled that they didn’t seem to use de-aging tech on Hayden — in the show he looks pretty good but he doesn’t look 20 anymore — but some people are saying they actually did do some, but didn’t want to overdo it and end up in uncanny valley territory… opinions?

by Anonymousreply 250June 20, 2022 7:11 AM

[quote]When I watched I was puzzled that they didn’t seem to use de-aging tech on Hayden — in the show he looks pretty good but he doesn’t look 20 anymore — but some people are saying they actually did do some, but didn’t want to overdo it and end up in uncanny valley territory… opinions?

They could have done a better job (see Darth Porg's de-aging attempt below), but it's not something that I minded. If they had used more, the fans would have complained as well. Several years ago, this would have been perfectly fine because the tech wasn't there yet anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251June 20, 2022 7:50 AM

I think the computer game / game console game CGI has become so good, or "good", that de-aging Anakin would've made his scenes like cut scenes from a computer / game console game. Which would've attracted that sort of social media mockery.

by Anonymousreply 252June 20, 2022 7:56 AM

I didn't mind whatever it was they did or didn't do. I loved that scene.

Incidentally, that tall building that Anakin is gazing at when Obi-Wan first walks into the training room is the building where Padme lives in Attack Of The Clones.

by Anonymousreply 253June 20, 2022 9:49 AM

My complaint with Anakin's de-aging was that he still looked too old.

He needed to look younger than he looked in AotC, but he looked older than he did at the end of RotS.

I can only surmise that it was intentional. They hired a youtuber who did the best Luke from Mando whose work with less time and money was far superior to what they had done in the actual episode.

by Anonymousreply 254June 20, 2022 12:12 PM

Re the de-aging, they got his face to look young, but left his neck looking middle-aged. Oops!

by Anonymousreply 255June 20, 2022 3:09 PM

[quote]Re the de-aging, they got his face to look young, but left his neck looking middle-aged. Oops!

They got him looking young-er than he actually is.

But, if you look at any side-by-side with AotC, you see he looks a years older. A lot of the fan sites are doing "supercuts" with scenes from various sources, so the age is much more obvious. They could have and should have taken a few more years off his appearance.

by Anonymousreply 256June 21, 2022 1:48 AM

Does it really matter? Actors age, gotta be okay with a little suspension of disbelief when it comes to real world things like that. I mean out of all the things in this show that can be fairly complained about that seems silly.

by Anonymousreply 257June 21, 2022 2:09 AM

Exactly r257! It was fine.

by Anonymousreply 258June 21, 2022 3:59 AM

[quote]Does it really matter? Actors age, gotta be okay with a little suspension of disbelief when it comes to real world things like that. I mean out of all the things in this show that can be fairly complained about that seems silly.

The issue is not that Hayden's aged or not.

The issue is that, like the Luke cameo in Mando, Disney has millions of dollars and access to the best technology, yet a youtuber can do a better job of it.

If they were going to go to the extra effort and cost to de-age Hayden, then why de-age him to an incorrect age. Given the way machine learning and deep fake technology works, it would have been no more effort to age him to what he looked like at 20 as it would to the late twenties or early thirties that he looks in the final cut they aired.

by Anonymousreply 259June 21, 2022 8:57 PM

Damn Skippy, R259!

Loving fun escapist entertainment doesn't make a person juvenile. Having no life outside your love for that escapist entertainment *does*.

by Anonymousreply 260June 21, 2022 9:00 PM

[quote]Loving fun escapist entertainment doesn't make a person juvenile. Having no life outside your love for that escapist entertainment *does*.

LOL - Fortunately for me, a handful of comments on a wide variety of subjects isn't too mentally taxing.

I know for you, it must be daunting to think other people have the capacity to follow all sorts of topics, so can't imagine how a person can handle making a few low engagement comments.

by Anonymousreply 261June 21, 2022 9:53 PM

It's been so fucking long since I've seen the prequels I didn't notice Christensen apparently looked a few years older than he should have. It wasn't a drastic error, imo.

by Anonymousreply 262June 22, 2022 12:27 AM

Apologies to R259, that comment was meant for a different thread.

Where it made sense in context.

by Anonymousreply 263June 22, 2022 1:27 AM

Excellent ending. All ill say for now as I don't want to spoil anything. Just excellent in many ways.

by Anonymousreply 264June 22, 2022 1:33 PM

The finale wasn't horrible, but wasn't nearly as good as it could have been.

I found the ending rushed and bit underwhelming. The overall pacing for the series and the final episode were bad. The duel was hardly the re-match of the century, and Reva was clearly shoehorned into it.

My single biggest complaint was that they wasted Hayden.

I'd give it a solid 7 out of 10. If I factor in Hayden and the disappointment and failed expectations from the buildup they gave for his return, it drops to a 6.

by Anonymousreply 265June 22, 2022 2:07 PM

Well, they certainly stuck the landing. Fantastic finale! Very emotional.

by Anonymousreply 266June 22, 2022 2:50 PM

[quote]I found the ending rushed and bit underwhelming.

The lament of every fanboy of Star Wars and Marvel. They slam it all the way through the series but never want it to end. Thus, the ending "feels rushed."

by Anonymousreply 267June 22, 2022 2:53 PM

I assume the next restored original Star Wars Trilogy will have Lola as adult Leia's droid sidekick CGI'd in?

by Anonymousreply 268June 22, 2022 4:26 PM

They never should have included baby cunt Leia or baby cunt Luke. We all know these two fuckers survive. So who gives a fuck about these two. The black cunt surviving was a huge letdown too. She should have had a trillion lightsabers shoved up her chocolate cunthole.

by Anonymousreply 269June 22, 2022 4:45 PM

And big hugs back to you, r269! Truly, you bring sunshine to the world. Never stop being you.

by Anonymousreply 270June 22, 2022 5:13 PM

I think including Leia was smart. This series helps answer how the 19 year old Leia we meet in ANH has already positioned herself as a leader of the rebellion and why puts so much trust in Obiwan.

by Anonymousreply 271June 22, 2022 5:53 PM

Now I finally understand why Obi-wan just stands there in ANH and let’s Vader chop him down without even an attempt at defense. It was obviously best two out of three and Obi-wan had already won the Series.

by Anonymousreply 272June 22, 2022 6:45 PM

Nope. Alec Guinness hated SW so much he begged Lucas to kill him off. That is why he was killed.

by Anonymousreply 273June 22, 2022 8:37 PM

[quote]The lament of every fanboy of Star Wars and Marvel. They slam it all the way through the series but never want it to end. Thus, the ending "feels rushed."

"The food at this place is terrible!"

"Yes, and such small portions!"

by Anonymousreply 274June 22, 2022 8:44 PM

[quote]The lament of every fanboy of Star Wars and Marvel. They slam it all the way through the series but never want it to end. Thus, the ending "feels rushed."

The lament of every person who actually doesn't know anything about structure, pacing, or setup-repetition-payoff in telling a story well.

I certainly didn't want to drag this out further. The story was thin and wouldn't have carried more episodes. "Rushed" is not a function of run-time, but execution.

by Anonymousreply 275June 22, 2022 9:17 PM

[quote]R61: Assuming she was one of the students at the beginning, I wondered whether she might actually be a double agent trying to find Obi-Wan to enlist his aid. Killing the grand inquisitor before he could take them would fit with that. But since when she had Obi-Wan alone she didn’t say anything like that to him I must be wrong.

R61 and R90, props to you both for anticipating a redemption arc for Reva. I should have seen that coming, but somehow I didn't.

by Anonymousreply 276June 22, 2022 11:49 PM

The sands of Tatooine seem to be littered with old light sabers...

Also, it's amazing how quickly people can heal and become perfectly fine again after taking a light saber through the chest.

by Anonymousreply 277June 23, 2022 1:08 AM

On a more positive note, I feel like they finally did justice to Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru.

You almost get the feeling that Owen resents having taken care of Luke in ANH. Here, he flat out says he cares for Luke like his own child. You really see the love Owen had for Luke. After they're killed by stormtroopers, Luke never mentions them again, a huge oversight in the originals since they were effectively his parents. Luke's lack of sentiment after their deaths beyond the initial "there's nothing for me here" makes it seem like he wasn't too attached to them, nor they to him.

by Anonymousreply 278June 23, 2022 1:24 AM

Aunt Beru is a distractingly horrible actress.

by Anonymousreply 279June 23, 2022 7:16 AM

[quote]Aunt Beru is a distractingly horrible actress.

Agree 100%

by Anonymousreply 280June 23, 2022 7:41 AM

R278 That's because Mark Hamill gave no actual fucks for a couple old twats he had one or two lines with. Stupid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 281June 23, 2022 8:58 AM

[quote] Now I finally understand why Obi-wan just stands there in ANH and let’s Vader chop him down without even an attempt at defense. It was obviously best two out of three and Obi-wan had already won the Series.

But he lost the first fight. He survived but he had to be rescued.

by Anonymousreply 282June 23, 2022 2:51 PM

[quote] That's because Mark Hamill gave no actual fucks for a couple old twats he had one or two lines with. Stupid cunt.

What do Mark Hamill’s feelings about the other actors have to do with the writing for his character?

by Anonymousreply 283June 23, 2022 2:52 PM

Well, that was quite the heartbreaking scene between Anakin and Obi Wan.

That could launch fan fic by the hundreds.

Ben looked truly devastated upon seeing his Padawan.

by Anonymousreply 284June 23, 2022 3:10 PM

Excellent final episode, but not without a few issues. (Obi-Wan's drop ship has hyperspace capabilities, but the larger shuttle doesn't? Why not just cannibalize the drop ship's drive? Obi-Wan is able to make it back to Tatooine right as Reva is hunting Luke? Come on ...)

The duel between Obi-Wan and Vader was well done and more emotional than expected. Seeing Obi-Wan beat Vader so definitively was really satisfying. It was surprising the show would recreate the moment from "Rebels" with Obi-Wan cracking Vader's helmet to show Anakin underneath, but having Vader's voice jump between Hayden's and James Earl Jones' made the scene even better. The callbacks to the prequels ("I will do what I must") were great, as was Vader's propensity for throwing objects at his opponents being used against him.

The Qui-Gon cameo was nice. Seeing Palpatine brought back bad memories of "Rise of Skywalker." Blech.

I said earlier this show should have been a movie, and that stance hasn't changed. Trim the episodes down a bit and you could have a solid 2.5-hour film.

Meanwhile, I don't think this needs a second season. There isn't much else to say about Obi-Wan's years in seclusion on Tatooine.

by Anonymousreply 285June 23, 2022 3:49 PM

Yeah further seasons of this show would just have to contrive more reasons why Obiwan leaves Tatooine to have "one last mission, for real this time!" do people really want them to keep doing that.

by Anonymousreply 286June 23, 2022 4:03 PM

Yes, yes, we do, R286.

Ewan has really done a fantastic job in this role.

Other seasons wouldn’t necessarily have to involve Luke and Leia.

It’s a big universe! Lots of stories to be told. 😬😬

by Anonymousreply 287June 23, 2022 4:23 PM

[quote]It’s a big universe! Lots of stories to be told.

Exactly my point r287. It's a big universe, you don't need to keep going back to the same well. Trying to force more stories from Obiwan is a purely cynical financial decision, which is why they probably will.

by Anonymousreply 288June 23, 2022 4:29 PM

But is it really cynical? Obi-Wan in Ewan's hands is a GREAT character. That bitch got me crying when he started crying over seeing what Anakin had become too!

by Anonymousreply 289June 23, 2022 6:31 PM

Just give us a Darth Maul v. Vader show already.

by Anonymousreply 290June 23, 2022 6:51 PM

There you go, r290. That's actually a pretty good raison d'être for a season two. Leave Darth, Luke and Leia out of it and just do that story.

(And I got teary-eyed at the end, too. That whole Anakin/Obi-Wan scene! It was a fairly torturous and awkward journey to get there, but the whole finale was good enough to make me forgive the bad storytelling.)

by Anonymousreply 291June 23, 2022 6:56 PM

Oops, sorry, I misread that. I thought you meant Obi Wan vs. Darth Maul, r290. That, I'd very much like to see.

by Anonymousreply 292June 23, 2022 6:57 PM

[quote]Oops, sorry, I misread that. I thought you meant Obi Wan vs. Darth Maul, [R290]. That, I'd very much like to see.

We already have the final fight between them on Rebels - it's brilliant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293June 23, 2022 7:40 PM

Word on the street is that Ray Park has lowkey turned into a right-winger.

by Anonymousreply 294June 23, 2022 9:13 PM

I feel like Darth Maul could be played by anyone who fits the costume. He’s the Johnny Bravo of the Star Wars universe.

by Anonymousreply 295June 23, 2022 9:33 PM

[Quote] But he lost the first fight. He survived but he had to be rescued.

R282 I was talking about the beat down Obi-wan gave Anakin on Mustafa(?) as the first win. You know, that time Obi-wan won because he had the higher ground…

by Anonymousreply 296June 23, 2022 9:33 PM

So Obiwan just walks away and leaves a mass murderer to go free to kill and torture more people, making the entire galaxy suffer.

I mean obviously the plot means he can't kill Vader, but they couldn't think of something else. I mean there is so much blood on his hands because of that ending.

by Anonymousreply 297June 23, 2022 10:07 PM

I also cried when Obi Wan got emotional over what Anakin had become.

by Anonymousreply 298June 23, 2022 11:28 PM

Here's the final confrontation scene with Vader and Obi Wan, and Vader's mask is broken.

by Anonymousreply 299June 23, 2022 11:35 PM

Sorry, forgot the link!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300June 23, 2022 11:48 PM

Did Obi Wan at least use his lightsaber to etch the word, "LOSER" on the side of Darth's ship?

by Anonymousreply 301June 24, 2022 2:57 AM

R301 that was the end credits scene, did you miss it?

by Anonymousreply 302June 24, 2022 3:54 AM

Now that the series has ended, I can finally bitch about something that bothered me from the moment they showed Darth Vader. The helmet design for 'Kenobi' replicates a post-Episode IV look, with the addition that it has little to no neck - it appears to rest almost directly on Christensen's (or whoever's) shoulders.

The helmet underwent changes from Episode IV to VI; in IV, it was leaner, with different toned metal on parts of it, and the eye pieces were slightly transparent, with a red tint. In a nod to the evolution of the helmet, 'Star Wars: Rebels' adopted something of the Episode IV look, but went even further retro, adopting a design closer to the Ralph McQuarrie concept art: earlier point in time, earlier helmet (see link).

'Kenobi' is set five years earlier than 'Rebels'; they should have kept the retro look, or adopted one even more retro.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303June 24, 2022 5:13 AM

FFS r303 there were multiple helmets and let's just leave it at that. Different factories and workers and all that. Some were slight design variations. The OCD neckbeards are a tiresome breed indeed.

by Anonymousreply 304June 24, 2022 5:59 AM

Not as tiresome as passive-aggressive far-right sock puppets who carry their personal grudges from thread to thread across the DL, like you, R304 (Strange New Worlds post R352, "Get fucked PoisonedDragon. Everybody hates you and you're nuts" is typical of your multi-socked output).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305June 24, 2022 6:14 AM

R305 I'm a centrist Democrat. And of course Americans have to drag politics into everything. Darth Vader's helmet = Republicans~ You're an insane loser. I'm sorry you had a fucked up childhood and are a severely damaged individual but you really are nuts.

by Anonymousreply 306June 24, 2022 6:20 AM

Oh no Darth Vader's helmet didn't look exactly like the helmet that a bunch of disgruntled alcoholic Brits hammered out over a drunken weekend in Hampstead Heath in 1977! This is an outrage!

by Anonymousreply 307June 24, 2022 6:22 AM

[quote]And of course Americans have to drag politics into everything. Darth Vader's helmet = Republicans~

I haven't said anything like that. But you on the other hand, bring all sorts of politics to these sci-fi threads, bitching about 'woke' this and 'virtue-signaling' that. You're the sock of a far-right troll, and that hasn't got a goddamned thing to do with the shows.

by Anonymousreply 308June 24, 2022 6:25 AM

"You almost get the feeling that Owen resents having taken care of Luke in ANH. Here, he flat out says he cares for Luke like his own child. You really see the love Owen had for Luke. After they're killed by stormtroopers, Luke never mentions them again, a huge oversight in the originals since they were effectively his parents."

I actually wish they hadn't included that proud-papa moment in this show, because the Owen of AHN definitely wasn't a proud papa. The Owen of ten years later was clearly a man who'd had all the kindness beaten out of him by a rough life, and he was afraid of what Luke might become rather than proud, his interactions with Luke were largely angry, and he was perfectly happy to exploit the kid for free labor.

Maybe they will explore the change in attitude in Season 2, like have Luke display some Force powers and scare the hell out of Owen.

by Anonymousreply 309June 28, 2022 12:27 AM

"Also, it's amazing how quickly people can heal and become perfectly fine again after taking a light saber through the chest."

That's something that bothers me more each time it happens in this show - people win duels and give their opponent what should be a killing blow, then they smugly walk away and their opponent lives to create more trouble!

Don't these people know ANYTHING about fighting? If you're fighting to kill, you KILL, or the mofo will come after you again some day! Which clearly and obviously is going to happen each time - Mr. Inquisitor is obviously going to come after Reva again, Reva is going to go after Vader again, Vader and Obi-Wan will fight again... well we already knew the last one. But seriously, if sticking a light saber through someone's torso is survivable, why the fuck aren't the bad guys following up the gut stab with a beheading?

by Anonymousreply 310June 28, 2022 12:30 AM

No second season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311April 8, 2023 7:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!