Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hi Greg: I’m planning ahead for an important event and the menu’s got me stumped.

I’ll be hosting a party of six inside a private plane for a seance on April 20, 2023 to make contact with the spirit of Bonnie Franklin during a total solar eclipse. We'll be flying along the path of the eclipse across Australia and Indonesia, so it might be nice to incorporate some local dishes. It will be at noon and stay there for several hours, luncheon will be served by candlelight and one of my guests is allergic to mustard. Thanks in advance.

by Anonymousreply 21July 1, 2022 4:41 AM

Well that is a challenge! Give me some time and I'll come up with the PERFECT menu.

by Anonymousreply 1May 26, 2022 4:08 AM

What kind of mustard?

by Anonymousreply 2May 26, 2022 4:12 AM

just have balut dear. They are aborted (via boiling) duck fetus eggs. Local and appropriate. Have it with Lime, salt, pepper, with Cambodian mint as garnish. DIVINE

by Anonymousreply 3May 26, 2022 4:13 AM

[quote] just have balut dear. They are aborted (via boiling) duck fetus eggs. Local and appropriate. Have it with Lime, salt, pepper, with Cambodian mint as garnish. DIVINE

Now that's a coincidence. Just last week I served balut to my Belizean friends.

by Anonymousreply 4May 26, 2022 4:24 AM

I recommend pineapple-glazed chicken fingers, a curried potato salad and braised prunes. For dessert try vanilla bean-raspberry ice cream. And brownies!

by Anonymousreply 5May 26, 2022 4:37 AM

Oh, and tea. Gallons of tea.

I won't make that mistake again.

by Anonymousreply 6May 26, 2022 4:52 AM

What were they serving on MH370? Seems appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 7May 26, 2022 6:40 AM

Whatever you serve

you should wear a tight cowl neck sweater without a bra

by Anonymousreply 8May 26, 2022 9:53 AM

You just names my boat, OP. The Spirit of Bonnie Franklin. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2022 10:05 AM

And for starters, Greg?

by Anonymousreply 10May 26, 2022 10:35 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 26, 2022 1:32 PM

R2 She doesn't specify. It may just be an intense dislike that she masks as an allergy, but she is charming company.

by Anonymousreply 12May 26, 2022 2:19 PM

Not cute, and oh so predictable: it’ll involve prunes! Hilarious.…and some trolls here complain about The Golden Girls threads? Got it.

by Anonymousreply 13May 26, 2022 2:22 PM

The dear and late, renowned astrologer and psychic, Walter Mercado once taught me a long time ago that seances, and other psychic pursuits are best when food is not served.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 1, 2022 2:47 AM

Charcuterie board, and lots of wine.

Let people nibble as much food as their stomachs will allow at any given moment, and drink enough to put up with the OP.

by Anonymousreply 15July 1, 2022 2:55 AM

Feed them cheese it saves on the pump out.

by Anonymousreply 16July 1, 2022 2:56 AM

Bonnie was famous for starring in One Day At A Time. What did she feed her girls? Well, not Mackenzie, she never ate. I wanna say oatmeal. All things oats. Bonnie would have fed Valerie a lot of oatmeal cookies and granola.

You won't save on the pump out, though.

by Anonymousreply 17July 1, 2022 3:30 AM

I'd say dump cake, braised ortolans, fig puree and gravlax on yam chips should do the trick.

Finish with peanut butter gloppy squares and no tea.

by Anonymousreply 18July 1, 2022 4:25 AM

R18 Don't forget to cover thy head!

by Anonymousreply 19July 1, 2022 4:35 AM

^thine

by Anonymousreply 20July 1, 2022 4:36 AM

Greg, don't forget to join the club. Just watch where you stick your feet.

by Anonymousreply 21July 1, 2022 4:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!