Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What Will Happen When Roe Vs Wade Is Struck Down?

What's your gut instinct telling you?

by Anonymousreply 193July 13, 2022 11:41 AM

Back-alley nonsense, rich people (and sleazy "family-values" politicians and preachers with pregnant hos) getting around it, and a lot of RU486 shipped across state lines smuggled in baby formula.

by Anonymousreply 1May 24, 2022 11:55 PM

Gay marriage next

by Anonymousreply 2May 24, 2022 11:58 PM

Who needs abortion when you've got a good guy with a gun? #texas

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2022 12:00 AM

More straight men exploring Grindr!

by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2022 12:02 AM

A lot of women are going to have to go out of state to get their abortions

by Anonymousreply 6May 25, 2022 12:02 AM

That many states will not longer have abortion access obviously. What type of question is this?

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2022 12:03 AM

Too bad you weren’t aborted, DeFecto.

by Anonymousreply 8May 25, 2022 12:04 AM

Lady Riots!

by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2022 12:04 AM

It will still be available in around half the states. Hopefully someone will finally legislate it but it will be on a state level.

In the meantime, much has changed since 1973. Contraception is widely available and inexpensive, if not free. There's Plan B over the counter. It really isn't the same landscape as it was in the early 70s.

It's bad, but it isn't the end of the world. That's why fewer women are fired up about it than they used to be. Women really didn't have much choice in the era of Roe. Marital rape was still legal. Nebraska was the first to outlaw that in 1975.

The Democrats should have legislated this right at some point in the last 50 years, but they didn't, because it was a fundraising moneymaker. As long as women's rights to bodily autonomy hung by the thread of a single court case, they could cry "jeopardy" and make money off of it.

They never cared, and still don't.

by Anonymousreply 10May 25, 2022 12:05 AM

Women will die die to forced pregnancy and illegal abortions.

by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2022 12:08 AM

*die due to

by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2022 12:10 AM

I saw a female Repug candidate say no birth control, sex should only in marriage. So it could get worse...

by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2022 12:16 AM

I’m flush with coathanger futures.

by Anonymousreply 14May 25, 2022 12:18 AM

more accidents involving women falling down stairs in the second trimester

by Anonymousreply 15May 25, 2022 12:20 AM

The right to contraception (as guaranteed by Griswold v. CT) is very much in the Republicans' crosshairs. And women will not be able to cross state lines to get an abortion without being prosecuted—or at least that's the intention of anti-choice laws like the one in TX.

by Anonymousreply 16May 25, 2022 12:22 AM

I hope what will happen is a bunch of men who never thought it through are stuck paying child support bills for the next 18 years.

by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2022 12:25 AM

A mass influx of women to the Democratic Party, polls conducted post-leak show it.

by Anonymousreply 18May 25, 2022 12:28 AM

Once abortion, contraception, and extramarital sex are illegal, hordes of horny “str8” studs will be so desperate for sex that they will line up to fuck Defecto’s flabby white ass.

by Anonymousreply 19May 25, 2022 12:30 AM

well, we will take the vote away from women, take them out the workplace unless they want to bring the men coffee, and take away any form of birth control

by Anonymousreply 20May 25, 2022 12:34 AM

There will be an increase in death rates of pregnant women. DNA will be used to prosecute the fathers on trial for murder. Men will begin to realize that Roe v Wade matters to them.

by Anonymousreply 21May 25, 2022 12:39 AM

Sloppy abortions will occur on the sly

Poor women will have unwanted babies, or die

by Anonymousreply 22May 25, 2022 12:41 AM

Gay Marriage will be "thrown back to the states" resulting in absolute chaos because you will be legally married in places like California and UNmarried in places like Texas and Ohio...Same Sex Social Security benefits will stop resulting in gay poverty. NO JOKE.

by Anonymousreply 23May 25, 2022 12:44 AM

I will start lobbying and arguing that my reasonably minded, pro-choice state pass a law saying only residents of my state can avail themselves of our Planed Parenthood resources. You live in a state where you can't get an abortion, or even basic prenatal care? Fuck off. Be the change you want in the state you live.

by Anonymousreply 24May 25, 2022 12:57 AM

Actually, r23, if SQOTUS overturns Obergefell, then same-sex marriages will be void in California. This is because Prop 8, having been found unconstitutional, was never overturned. And the only way to do that is via another ballot proposition.

by Anonymousreply 25May 25, 2022 12:57 AM

R24 - I would offer care, but on a sliding scale. Say, 1% of the woman’s annual income - or, if she’s a minor, her family’s income.

So a poor Black woman might pay $200, while the mommy and daddy of sweet innocent Kheightlyn’n from down the cul-de-sac could be on the hook for $5000 or $10000 or more.

Teach them to vote for fascists.

by Anonymousreply 26May 25, 2022 1:00 AM

[quote]What Will Happen When Roe Vs Wade Is Struck Down?

I think you will see a rise in women with ectopic pregnancies dying.

by Anonymousreply 27May 25, 2022 2:00 AM

3.66 million babies born last year. Next year: 5million

by Anonymousreply 28May 25, 2022 2:20 AM

[quote]Not my problem.

When the unwanted spawn grow up and carjack you, it'll be your problem. So will the effects of overpopulation.

by Anonymousreply 29May 25, 2022 2:40 AM

[quote]I hope what will happen is a bunch of men who never thought it through are stuck paying child support bills for the next 18 years.

This is how it should be, anyway. Mandatory prenatal paternity testing and if you're the father, you're financially responsible for caring for the mother for the entirety of her pregnancy and for the child once its born for the next 18 years. Can't afford it? Then the state takes over and you owe the state. Fail to pay the state? Jail.

Maybe men will start thinking twice about where they stick it and instead choose masturbation more often as opposed to raw dogging it with women when they don't want to accept the responsibility and care for her and their child. It's not complicated. Be a man. Take care of the mother and your damn kid.

by Anonymousreply 30May 25, 2022 2:50 AM

R30 I totally agree with this.

by Anonymousreply 31May 25, 2022 2:52 AM

[quote]I think you will see a rise in women with ectopic pregnancies dying.

An abortion is not performed for an ectopic pregnancy. A salpingostomy is the procedure for this. Ectopic pregnancies were never correct via abortion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 25, 2022 2:54 AM

Liar R32. Just like "selective reduction" is not abortion. Actually, it's the majority of abortions. Christians lie about everything, including and especially what an abortion is.

by Anonymousreply 33May 25, 2022 2:55 AM

Read the article, r33. Hush your biases for 5 minutes and read it.

by Anonymousreply 34May 25, 2022 3:02 AM

A white guy I worked with fathered and abandoned a child. His parents got back in touch with the mother and their grandchild. He was subsequently hit with a child support debt of around $30k. The corker: he was a BIG Repuglican and a Rush listener! How do these fuckups exist, listening to all that shit about family values while shirking their responsibility?

by Anonymousreply 35May 25, 2022 3:09 AM

[quote]An abortion is not performed for an ectopic pregnancy. A salpingostomy is the procedure for this. Ectopic pregnancies were never correct via abortion.

If the egg was fertilized, then god wants the woman to give birth or die trying.

There should be no exception for this as back when the bible was written, there'd be no way to no about ectopic-nonsense.

If the woman prays hard enough, she'll survive and give birth to a healthy baby. If's she's not strong enough in her faith, well, thoughts and prayers, hon.

by Anonymousreply 36May 25, 2022 3:21 AM

You got it, r36.

by Anonymousreply 37May 25, 2022 3:31 AM

Those ectopic pregnancies can be reimplanted into the woman's uterine lining.

by Anonymousreply 38May 25, 2022 3:49 AM

R38 What is the success rate?

by Anonymousreply 39May 25, 2022 3:51 AM

Hints from Heloise @ r38!

by Anonymousreply 40May 25, 2022 3:52 AM

Knitting Needles

by Anonymousreply 41May 25, 2022 3:52 AM

Homicides and infanticides.

I honestly don't think the 30%+ of women who never vote will get involved and the massive blue wave of women voting Dem probably is way overstated. 40%-45% of ALL women who bother to vote pull the lever for the GOP in every election, and they will keep doing so. More women will vote blue in already blue states. We shall soon see.

by Anonymousreply 42May 25, 2022 3:59 AM

I'm ok with my health insurance covering birth control, but sluts that take it EVERY day should be required to pay.

by Anonymousreply 43May 25, 2022 4:04 AM

r38 Is trolling. That was some dumbass (and medically inaccurate) argument made by an Ohio Republican state legislature Rep. John Becker. And he was rightfully ripped to shreds for it. It is not possible to implant a fetus from an ectopic pregnancy into the uterine lining. That baby is a loss the moment it's removed from wherever else it implanted outside of the uterus. It's quite sad when it happens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44May 25, 2022 4:10 AM

After Obergefell, then Lawrence vs. Texas

by Anonymousreply 45May 25, 2022 4:11 AM

Women need to stop sleeping around.

by Anonymousreply 46May 25, 2022 4:12 AM

You need to stop posting.

by Anonymousreply 47May 25, 2022 4:51 AM

I'll go against the current trend and guess that Obergefell is safe. Not because the justices in the likely anti-Roe majority think it was correctly decided, but because at least one of Kavanaugh, Gorsuch, Barrett will think that the issue isn't important enough to justify receiving the political backlash. In their minds, Roe involves killing babies, and it's also been one of the most hated decisions on the right for decades. They will let Obergefell stay good law while overruling old decisions involving business, power of federal government, etc.

But that's just a guess.

by Anonymousreply 48May 25, 2022 4:55 AM

WAIT AND SEE = Women who decide to raise their Rape Babies will be forced to CO-PARENT when Rapist gets out of prison (in 3 to 5 years)...You think Daddy isn't going to have rights and Mommy will be forced to look at Rapist Daddy every other weekend?.....It's coming...

by Anonymousreply 49May 25, 2022 6:53 AM

Hopefully rape-Mommy will have died in childbirth and rape-Daddy can raise the child alone

by Anonymousreply 50May 25, 2022 6:59 AM

R19

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51May 25, 2022 4:53 PM

Women getting into debt flying to states or countries where they can procure a legal, safe abortion.

by Anonymousreply 52May 25, 2022 4:58 PM

Rollback of gay marriage and adoptions. Would not be surprised if the States could walk in and take away children from Gay couples.

by Anonymousreply 53May 25, 2022 5:00 PM

Hopefully rape daddy gets killed in prison.

by Anonymousreply 54May 25, 2022 10:59 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 55May 26, 2022 3:04 AM

When do they vote?

by Anonymousreply 56May 26, 2022 3:50 AM

[quote] Women getting into debt flying to states or countries where they can live a happy, productive life free from the threat of rape or forced pregnancy because their reproductive rights are defended by law, and hopefully supported by a supportive male populace as an ally.

I think that has a nicer ring to it... or is it the gin?

by Anonymousreply 57May 27, 2022 3:26 AM

R24 here. I've had a few days to think about how angry and irritated I was when I first contributed. After the horror of Uvalde, I don't want to be so strictly divisive.

If I thought there was a chance women (and their families, partners, husbands, etc.) in backwards states would actively support, contribute, and defend an alliance with sympathetic people in forward-thinking areas against this shitstorm of shortsighted, small-minded, religious zealots that seem to be flexing their political muscles with significant results, then I would support that.

My thinking is we need to become the new generation of militia that our forefathers were almost 250 years ago. Except we're not facing King George III this time. I think we all know whom we are facing.

by Anonymousreply 58May 27, 2022 3:36 AM

More straight cock for G, B and T.

by Anonymousreply 59May 27, 2022 3:44 AM

[quote]well, we will take the vote away from women, take them out the workplace unless they want to bring the men coffee, and take away any form of birth control

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

by Anonymousreply 60May 28, 2022 6:10 AM

DIAGF, DeFecto.

by Anonymousreply 61May 28, 2022 6:17 AM

A baby boom?

by Anonymousreply 62May 28, 2022 6:19 AM

I feel the rulings of the court will be taken a great deal less seriously, which was actually the goal of the federalist society all along: to corrupt another branch of government into uselessness for the common people of the republic.

by Anonymousreply 63May 28, 2022 7:29 AM

There will be a surge in demand for dry cleaning.

by Anonymousreply 64May 28, 2022 8:29 AM

If Christofascists insist on politically extending their religiosity on the people, then fucking away take away tax exemption for churches!

There. Fixed it fer ya!

by Anonymousreply 65May 28, 2022 11:23 AM

R59 speaks my language

by Anonymousreply 66May 28, 2022 7:18 PM

R66 wants women to die. R66 is pro-life.

by Anonymousreply 67May 30, 2022 3:52 AM

More babies for gay people to adopt. My partner and I have been trying to adopt for years. This will be great for us.

by Anonymousreply 68May 30, 2022 3:55 AM

It’s really just an effort to keep poor people powerless. Notice the states that want to ban it. They’re states that already provide the poorest education and services for poor people.

My mother retired to Georgia and was a person of modest means. When she would need to be hospitalized you could see the terrible medical service people get in those red states —— unless they’re wealthy, of course.

by Anonymousreply 69May 30, 2022 3:56 AM

More future serial killers to adopt.

by Anonymousreply 70May 30, 2022 4:22 AM

[quote]More babies for gay people to adopt. My partner and I have been trying to adopt for years. This will be great for us.

Go fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 71May 30, 2022 10:19 AM

[quote]It's bad, but it isn't the end of the world.

Moron, it's not JUST about abortion, but about controlling women and removing their bodily autonomy. How many times does this need to be said? So yes, it is a very big deal. As you'll find, when they get done with women and then come for gays.

by Anonymousreply 72May 30, 2022 10:22 AM

Could not agree more with this analysis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73May 30, 2022 10:50 PM

Here’s a solution. Every straight horny men should be sent one of these free from the govt.

There, fixed it fer ya.

(Might also cut down the number of rapes, side effect)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74June 1, 2022 12:18 PM

True, #74. Often, all men want is a hole.

by Anonymousreply 75June 1, 2022 12:23 PM

MAGA rapes all over with no abortions available. The new generation will arrive in everyone's tears, except stupid people.

by Anonymousreply 76June 1, 2022 12:27 PM

Women aren’t that stupid.

by Anonymousreply 77June 1, 2022 12:32 PM

Hopefully there will be plenty of ways women who are not of means will get access to abortions out of state. That will require money from those states where abortion is not illegal. Money to get the women there, somewhere to stay for a few days, and back home again.

by Anonymousreply 78June 1, 2022 12:35 PM

Many more innocent animals will survive. Human animals in fetus stage of development. You can't have humans without human fetuses.

I want us to have choices, but I want us to choose to let defenseless, helpless, tiny animals to live (unless letting it live could kill you, which is a rare issue. You know that.)

by Anonymousreply 79June 1, 2022 12:37 PM

^^^WTF???^^^

by Anonymousreply 80June 1, 2022 12:40 PM

R79. Please have a detachable dick so you can fuck yourself in the ass!

by Anonymousreply 81June 1, 2022 12:42 PM

[quote]Gay Marriage will be "thrown back to the states" resulting in absolute chaos because you will be legally married in places like California and UNmarried in places like Texas and Ohio...Same Sex Social Security benefits will stop resulting in gay poverty. NO JOKE.

This would impose federal estate and state level inheritance taxes on the surviving partner. It will take away gay federal retiree's health insurance and survivorship pensions to former gay spouses as well as survivor social security benefits. We will lose the married filing jointly option. We will not be able to move large amounts of money between gay partners without filing a gift tax form. We will be hurt financially by this as we return to second class citizens while paying more in taxes than our straight counter parts..

by Anonymousreply 82June 1, 2022 1:01 PM

CRIME SCENE: Dead: White woman, 30s, raped and found dead in a lake.

POLICE: What happened to your Marilou?

PERPETRATOR: Well, I dun fucked her hard in the ass while I strangled her. Then pitched her off in this here stream.

POLICE: GODDDAMIT! Send this asshole another Marilou! Different looking this time! SHIT.

by Anonymousreply 83June 1, 2022 3:43 PM

R82, that outcome is precisely what the fascists want. They want everyone who isn’t like them (white, rich, heterosexual, Christian) to suffer as much as possible.

by Anonymousreply 84June 1, 2022 4:46 PM

A neon hair meltdown. Well, that's the part I look forward to.

What happens after that? Dunno. Infighting. Speechifying. Uncertain suburban white women. Profits for border clinics. Probably Ds regain control long enough to reverse it legislatively, then back to infighting.

by Anonymousreply 85June 1, 2022 5:00 PM

For people like R10 who don’t keep up, some states are already planning laws to make it illegal to send abortion pills across state lines, making it a felony with a long prison term. Some states are saying if you drive a woman across state lines to get an abortion, you could be charged, maybe even with murder. Doctors can be charged with murder. Any person anywhere can turn you in and get a reward.

Some states are going to outlaw IUDs. They’re claiming ectopic pregnancies can sometimes work out fine (total lie, it would be like trying to have a nine pound baby inside your urethra), and otherwise, they should be removed and forcibly re-implanted in the uterus, which has never been done successfully. But they want to make an impossible medical procedure the law.

To that gentlebeing upthread who claims the solution is for women to stop being whores, a high percentage of women getting abortions are married with kids already. They just can’t afford any more or don’t want more. Rape victims are not whores. Children are not whores. Women in abusive relationships that are forcibly impregnated by abusive spouses so they can’t escape are not whores. Yes, that is a thing. Abusers often impregnate their partners over and over so she can never afford to leave him. They sometimes throw their birth control pills away so they can’t protect themselves. Any website about abusers will tell you this is a common form of abuse. Then there’s all the abused women with dead, crippled or unviable fetuses because their abusers kicked them in the stomach because they got pregnant. Murder is the number one cause of death for pregnant women.

Some people do not want to take care of Downs Syndrome kids for the rest of their lives. If you think it’s so easy, you do it. A huge number of marriages fail after a disabled child is born, custody almost always falls to the woman while the man just abandons his family. Then the woman has to figure out how to support herself while providing care for a disabled child, while the man remarries and forgets it ever happened. Has more kids with somebody else.

The vast majority of abortions happen because some man is being an irresponsible asshole, rapist, child molester, wife-beater, substance abuser or won’t use condoms. The others are due to fetal defects or the health of the mother. None of this is taken into account.

Some states already have laws on the books saying a rapist can sue for child custody, get the child, and be supported for the next eighteen years by the rape victim. Just rape somebody with an education and you get a free ride, while the victim is constantly forced to interact with a violent felon and has to hand their baby over to a known rapist.

And anyone who thinks this is going to result in men being accountable for support is dreaming. Most of these guys are losers. There’s a reason she’s having an abortion. And no one is even discussing the fathers, it’s all about punishing the women. You think some MAGAT politician is going to vote for a law to force him to support all his illegitimate kids by all his mistresses? You’re insane.

And as for the guy upthread that thinks it’s wonderful for women to be forced to breed against their will, maybe by being raped to produce the baby you want, then held hostage and constantly monitored so she can’t get rid of it, maybe having medical complications she never recovers from or even dying, or losing her job and becoming homeless and destitute, all so you and your husband can have a baby, go fuck yourself.

I know a woman who had internal damage from having a baby, she’s now completely incontinent and just pees everywhere with no self control. She needs expensive surgery and is trying to save up for it. Maybe someday. In the meantime, she wears diapers that have to be continually changed and still has to work visiting clients in the field, sometimes wearing wet diapers when she can’t find a place to change. Adult diapers are very expensive. And you expect someone to be raped and forced to live through that to benefit you? Fuck you again.

by Anonymousreply 86June 1, 2022 5:28 PM

R86, the person you’re addressing literally wants Gilead. He imagines it’ll be easier for him to get laid in such a society.

by Anonymousreply 87June 1, 2022 5:33 PM

R87, that’s the definition of an incel. People who think women are animals that should not be allowed free will. And a lot of them are in Congress.

by Anonymousreply 88June 1, 2022 5:41 PM

R86, as someone who was impregnated at age 16 by my 24 year old drug dealing boyfriend who also gave me an STD when I lost my virginity, I do not agree with the broad brush you paint these men with. They are as varied as the women, all across the spectrum of emotions, from devastation to indifference. My boyfriend was indeed a scum, but I don’t hold him 100% responsible for it as it took both of us to get there. It has nothing to do with my age, it has everything to do with personal responsibility.

I was heavily abusing drugs before I realized I was pregnant and believed that I damaged the baby. The guilt and shame I carried, well, let’s just say I did a tooooon of drugs for years afterward. I am someone who thinks it should be “rare” and rare to me is the entire first trimester. Hell, abortion has been going down for decades, we do not in fact have a huge problem.

I did not have to get parental permission, this was I believe 1987. I did not have to worry about traveling because in my home state it is illegal. I cannot fathom what the fuck young teens who find themselves pregnant will do now. And that is bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 89June 2, 2022 4:25 AM

[quote]Some states are going to outlaw IUDs. They’re claiming ectopic pregnancies can sometimes work out fine (total lie, it would be like trying to have a nine pound baby inside your urethra), and otherwise, they should be removed and forcibly re-implanted in the uterus, which has never been done successfully. But they want to make an impossible medical procedure the law.

Can you post a source for this claim, please? Because if that's true, it is, by far the dumbest shit I've ever heard and I doubt it could be even codified into law once the medical scientific community steps in to refute that nonsense. I've heard the ectopic pregnancy argument. An actual state representative made it. So, I wouldn't be too surprised if some low IQ neanderthal actually believes that mess.

[quote]Some people do not want to take care of Downs Syndrome kids for the rest of their lives. If you think it’s so easy, you do it. A huge number of marriages fail after a disabled child is born, custody almost always falls to the woman while the man just abandons his family. Then the woman has to figure out how to support herself while providing care for a disabled child, while the man remarries and forgets it ever happened. Has more kids with somebody else.

Whoa, wait a minute, now. I was with you up until this part. So because human beings are fucked up and fickle creatures, disabled children shouldn't be allowed to live? Maybe euthanize that shitty couple in your scenario and give the child to someone with actual coping skills and parental competency. I mean...damn. That's fucked up.

[quote]Some states already have laws on the books saying a rapist can sue for child custody, get the child, and be supported for the next eighteen years by the rape victim. Just rape somebody with an education and you get a free ride, while the victim is constantly forced to interact with a violent felon and has to hand their baby over to a known rapist.

Some of these cases aren't as black and white as the media tries to portray them and are more complex. Many are tied to the state in question's public assistance laws. When women apply for government aid and have dependents, some states require that the father be named (paternity test is court ordered if necessary), and a child support case is opened. In some states, the father is awarded joint custody by default (regardless of how he managed to impregnate the woman), but this is for the child support case [bold]only[/bold].

An entirely separate case needs to be opened to deny the father custody. And in many of these "the rapist got custody of the child" cases, the rapist loses custody in the separate case. But no one talks about that detail in the media because it doesn't get clicks. Are their flaws in child support cases and should this be somehow settled during that one case? Absolutely. But let's not take that issue at face value when there is more to it in most cases.

by Anonymousreply 90June 2, 2022 10:52 AM

There*

by Anonymousreply 91June 2, 2022 10:56 AM

R85, I am so looking forward to seeing the meltdown and the screeching that will result. There will be protests. Still, I will bet that very few of these protestors will get off their fat asses to vote in November, ensuring that Repugs will gain control of Congress.

by Anonymousreply 92June 2, 2022 11:06 AM

As pre Roe ,white girls will instantly develop fibroid tumors and need a D&C aka a dilation and curettage procedure fondly called a "dusting & cleaning".

by Anonymousreply 93June 2, 2022 11:20 AM

There will be a California tourism as red-state white women flock to the state for “spa vacations.”

by Anonymousreply 94June 2, 2022 3:33 PM

* California tourism boom

by Anonymousreply 95June 2, 2022 3:34 PM

The movie, Vera, captures perfectly the difference between poor and wealthy women regarding abortion.

Abortion bans only hurt poor women. Well to do women have always been able to get safe abortions. Banning does not stop them.

by Anonymousreply 96June 2, 2022 3:49 PM

R90 are you seriously arguing women should be forced to have a severely disabled baby, that needs lifelong care? I swear prolife types are all about being on a high horse. Reminds me of ex drug addicts that never stfu about how all drugs are bad because they became addicted, therefore no adults should be able to make adult choices. Sounds no different than bible thumpers that are prolife because sex for women should come with consequences (I.e., pregnancy).

They absolutely are setting sights on birth control too. There's been controversy over plan B since day 1, where many pharmacists refuse to sell it on moral grounds. Why? Because they've equated even avoiding implantation as being an abortion! That's why hobby lobby singled it out as a birth control to take away from women. ​

To whomever argued semantics with ectopic pregnancies not being counted as abortions, that's false. Look up how many women die of organ ruptures in places that outlawed abortions Abortion is a vague term even applied to necessary termination to save women's lives.

The hypocrisy really comes in when IVF is excluded from the conversation. It's okay to dispose of a hundred healthy "babies" if it might become a successful pregnancy. Why? Because most are not prolife, it's pro pregnancy.

This won't end here either because "abortion rights" really cover all reproductive rights for pregnant women. It's about being able to make decisions even if it doesn't always favor the fetus. That means forced drug testing, prosecuting pregnant women for self harm attempts, looking at miscarriages as suspicious, forcing procedures if a doctor thinks it's better for the babies outcome, etc. Don't think so? It's already happened in this country, where women have been prosecuted for anything that violates laws about "personhood".

by Anonymousreply 97June 2, 2022 4:55 PM

Furthermore, where's all outcry to give women other rights of they have to have a baby now? Mandatory free health coverage so they can get medical care for them and the baby for life? What about tax credits during pregnancy if it's just like a child? That's right, there's going to be nothing like that. I'm not surprised by some in here excited at the prospect because they think they'll get babies from it (how gross), evangelicals that adopt are hoping for the same thing. Dead mothers and babies thrown in dumpsters are just casualties as long as there's infants up for adoption.

It's ridiculous to allow this violation of rights. Abortion has been decreasing for some time, done in the first few months for a majority of them, was easily done by pills, and most were women with children already -- so no, you won't get that many babies for sale to "adopt", because most will just keep them if forced through an entire pregnancy (kind of a major cavet of even getting an abortion -- to avoid the 9 months of pregnancy) and suffer financially.

There's a reason so many people hide the horrors of pregnancy from young women. It can easily destroy the body. I don't know why I expect different though, when we have people asking why formula matters, women should just breastfeed, not understanding how any of it works. It's horrific how uneducated people are about the female body and pregnancy. No wonder they're so quick to say fuck women's rights. They think it's as easy as plunking a baby out and everything goes great because it's "natural". FYI that's not how evolution works; only some pregnancies need to be successful and only some need to go without a problem. Otherwise the human head wouldn't have evolved to be too big for the birth canal, or for a human fetus to act like a parasite, doing damage to the woman. Being natural doesn't mean it needs to all work out 100% -- just need enough to keep a species going.

by Anonymousreply 98June 2, 2022 5:10 PM

The United States needs its own Bastille Day.

by Anonymousreply 99June 2, 2022 5:16 PM

Younger women 18-24 still won't vote and about a third of those who do bother will vote Republican.

Mark this down.

by Anonymousreply 100June 2, 2022 5:59 PM

[quote][R90] are you seriously arguing women [bold]should be forced [/bold]to have a severely disabled baby, that needs lifelong care?

Unless a woman is raped, she's not forced to give birth. She just actively made a decision to engage in an activity that would potentially result in a pregnancy. Take care of the baby.

[quote]Sounds no different than bible thumpers that are prolife because sex for women should come with consequences (I.e., pregnancy).

Huh? Sex always comes with potential consequences. Actual adults are willing to deal with them responsibly. Not run away from them. And the man has a consequence from pregnancy, too. It's called child support. Something they try to run away from routinely, which is why the "consequence" for not paying it is jail. As it should be. You make it, you raise it and support/protect the mother. It's not fucking difficult. This, honestly, wouldn't be a problem if men were actually men these days instead of the hypersensitive man-children that most of them are. But, I digress.

[quote]They absolutely are setting sights on birth control too. There's been controversy over plan B since day 1, where many pharmacists refuse to sell it on moral grounds. Why? Because they've equated even avoiding implantation as being an abortion! That's why hobby lobby singled it out as a birth control to take away from women. ​

Dude, I'm not denying they are, I'm just asking for your sources because I'm interested in learning more. Calm your tits.

by Anonymousreply 101June 2, 2022 11:01 PM

A lot of these states are not even making exceptions for rape or incest this time around. I swear this country is so backwards I don’t even know how it functions anymore. Bans on abortion AND birth control? That’s some Stone Age ignorance right there.

by Anonymousreply 102June 3, 2022 12:34 AM

Those states that are banning abortion haven't really had abortion rights for a while. In some states you hadto wait a ridiculously long time and only one abortion clinic that a lot of women still couldn't get to and yet there hasn't been a huge outcry about that. A lot of those women in those southern don't want abortion anyway. One of my friends has been against abortion forever and she is not religious or conservative. After 3 months she feels it is murder. Lots of women feel that way. they should have tried to limit abortion to 3 months unless there is rape, a baby that is severely disabled, or a women's health. Most women want some restrictions on it and don't want 6-month babies being aborted because 6-month babies can live outside the womb. It looks tiny but is a fully formed baby. It is all so stupid because almost all abortions are performed in the first 3 months. As usual, the Democrats are way too progressive for most people. And before all you idiot men scream, everyone has a right to their opinion even women who don't want abortions performed past 3 months. I fought hard in the early seventies as a radical feminist on this issue but even I have changed my mind about late-term abortions and there should be some restrictions.

by Anonymousreply 103June 4, 2022 6:57 AM

No late term abortions!

by Anonymousreply 104June 4, 2022 10:22 AM

Ahhh, Roe only allows abortion (without restriction) for the first 3 months.

It specifically allows states to outlaw abortions beginning after the 6th month.

Between three and six months it calls for a balancing of the state’s and the woman’s interests.

by Anonymousreply 105June 4, 2022 12:41 PM

Well, all the progressives think there should be no restrictions at all up until nine months so the latest bill didn't go through because it wasn't perfect. They don't compromise on anything and they lose.

by Anonymousreply 106June 4, 2022 4:36 PM

[quote]So what’s your beef?

I think this one, which got a lot of attention when it first came out turned a LOT of people off, even on the pro-choice side. Because...bruh...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107June 5, 2022 2:50 AM

The entire thing:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108June 5, 2022 2:53 AM

The Lord Jesus Christ will return to earth and personally thank the GOP. Then he will rapture all the Republicans and damn the abortion-loving party of Obama to eternal hellfire, just like it's foretold in the Book of Revelations.

by Anonymousreply 109June 5, 2022 2:57 AM

R106, Nobody is aborting nine month babies. Only Republicans say that, and they’re liars. If it’s viable, they might deliver it early for some health related reason, that’s not too unusual, but it’s not an abortion.

There are Republicans claiming doctors are killing healthy nine month babies. They are full of shit. Not happening. There are cases of aborting dead babies though. From the way the insurance company bills it, there might not be a way to tell the difference.

My elderly sister had some polyps and they did a D&C on her. She was seventy. There was no baby in there. But on the hospital bill, it was a D&C, so some moron probably would read that and think she had an abortion, at seventy.

by Anonymousreply 110June 5, 2022 3:00 AM

[quote] Nobody is aborting nine month babies.

Riiiiiight.

by Anonymousreply 111June 5, 2022 3:04 AM

There are scummy doctors who have done it after 6 months.

by Anonymousreply 112June 5, 2022 3:06 AM

[quote] Younger women 18-24 still won't vote and about a third of those who do bother will vote Republican. Mark this down.

I wouldn’t count on that. This is uncharted territory. Human beings are designed for sex. When you take something away from Americans after decades of having it at their disposal, there is going to be a massive backlash. Give it sometime and you’re going to see it become THE issue in elections. Republicans will be sorry this ever happened because it’s going to cost them.

by Anonymousreply 113June 5, 2022 3:17 AM

I hope so r113☝🏼

by Anonymousreply 114June 5, 2022 3:19 AM

[quote]There are cases of aborting dead babies though.

That's...not an abortion. That's a miscarriage and the physician inducing labor to deliver a baby that died of natural causes or some other unknown natural reason.

That happened to my cousin. She went for an ultrasound when she was 6 1/2 months and they couldn't find a heartbeat. After many tests, they determined her baby had died in-utero or "intrauterine fetal demise" otherwise known as a stillbirth. A stillbirth is not an abortion and to compare the two is not only wholly inaccurate and ignorant, but incredibly insensitive to mothers who have had to go through that. My cousin went into a deep depression after that. For obvious reasons. She actually wanted her baby.

by Anonymousreply 115June 5, 2022 3:20 AM

Probably nothing will much happen.

There will be blue states where women can get an abortion and red states where they can't. We know this because this is what actual voters including women have actually been voting for for decades!

The people are going to get what they want and support. I'm not saying it is great, but it is what many support already. I'd caution against expecting some huge surge of women to suddenly show up on election day, maybe a few nibbles around the edges.

by Anonymousreply 116June 5, 2022 3:23 AM

R86 they haven't been successful stopping Fentanyl distribution across states so I doubt abortion pills will have any problem

by Anonymousreply 117June 5, 2022 3:56 AM

[quote] Human beings are designed for sex.

But humans are not mindless animals. Humans can be taught how to avoid pregnancy by using birth control.

by Anonymousreply 118June 5, 2022 4:36 AM

Harrumph.

Alito’ll ban contraception

by Anonymousreply 119June 5, 2022 6:36 AM

The GQP Emperors and Lady Amy Grin and Bear It on the SCOTUS have decreed that privacy rights do not exist. Except when it comes to Clarence and Ginni's pillow talk or Brett's drunken rapey times at frat parties. Those things we peons are not allowed to know about. Get used to the government telling you what you can and can't do with your own bodily rights. Gay marriage is the next thing they will outlaw.

by Anonymousreply 120June 5, 2022 6:48 AM

Are we being serious? There are women protesting everywhere. It’s just that it doesn’t draw viewers for mainstream news. Gone are the days of real news channels. They are nothing other than infotainment these days.

If it bleeds, it leads.

by Anonymousreply 121June 5, 2022 7:55 AM

I hope it means a blue wave in November.

by Anonymousreply 122June 24, 2022 3:19 PM

one can hope

by Anonymousreply 123June 24, 2022 3:20 PM

50 Scott Petersons a day. Very few of whom will be fuckable.

by Anonymousreply 124June 24, 2022 4:26 PM

clarence thomas says gay marriage could be next.

I remember as a kid, women being found dead or bleeding to death in public restrooms after trying to give themselves abortions. I also remember CONSTANTLY hearing on the news about new born babies being found in trash cans. This happened all the time

Dead women and dead babies are coming soon to a trash can near YOU

by Anonymousreply 125June 24, 2022 4:39 PM

Old clarence can't wait to strike down gay marriage.

And the democrats will sit right back and let them. Great Grandpa joe is against stacking the court

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126June 24, 2022 4:41 PM

Now that Roe is dead, the anti-abortion money machine will change its priorities toward getting a national ban passed.

by Anonymousreply 127June 24, 2022 7:54 PM

[quote] Now that Roe is dead, the anti-abortion money machine will change its priorities toward getting a national ban passed.

It’s more likely the will focus on the states, where they know they can be successful.

by Anonymousreply 128June 24, 2022 7:59 PM

Can we impeach these SC Justices? If the DOJ would fucking do something that ruling could have been prevented. What can we do as quickly as possible to stop pregnant women from dying from botched abortions?

MSNBC is now stating that ROE v WADE could be “Codified” into the law or Constitution, but can this be done? Some Pukes are crossing the aisle and we must have a filibuster proof Dem Senate come midterms.

What do the DEMS must do NOW!

p.s. Congress is on vacation, as usual. They are of no use to us.

by Anonymousreply 129June 24, 2022 8:08 PM

[quote]There are women protesting everywhere.

Uh, in case you aren't aware of it protests mean absolutely nothing. They actually give women the idea they're doing something, when they're not. ONLY voting matters and voting STRAIGHT DEMOCRATIC TICKET in every election, no excuses, because this what you get otherwise!

To those shrieking "Pack the COURT!" how exactly is that done? Look back on the last 200 years and describe to me the mechanism by which that happens. Do you think there are a majority of votes in the Senate to accomplish this? Damn, people, government isn't by decree! All of this would have been avoidable without the "Bernie or Bust" movement, but NOOOOO!

by Anonymousreply 130June 24, 2022 8:09 PM

Just stop.

It is all too late people. 2016 was the fucking ballgame and you blew it!

by Anonymousreply 131June 24, 2022 8:10 PM

Interesting times we live in. I’m sure we’ll have a Technical way be able to return ROE and expand the court. But will Sleepy Joe do anything! Nothing seems to make him gird his loins, nothing such as the atrocity of tearing apart the very fabric that has been splashed on his face. He needs to address it and delegate it to the legislators.

by Anonymousreply 132June 24, 2022 8:17 PM

What's your gut instinct telling you?

My gut is telling me I pushed the clothes hanger too far up.

by Anonymousreply 133June 24, 2022 8:20 PM

[quote] If the DOJ would fucking do something that ruling could have been prevented.

This is not a DOJ matter. Can we please lose this mentality, that it is always up to some police force or law court to do democracy for us cause we're just too askeered or lazy or stupid to do it ourselves. Even for impeachment, it is a political matter. The House of Representatives (you know, your elected representatives) can introduce articles of impeachment, which will then be sent to an elected Senate to decide if the Justice is actually removed from office. Some unelected body is not always responsible for doing it for us. We do it or we don't. We vote or we don't. We vote stupid or we don't. Those are the choices.

by Anonymousreply 134June 24, 2022 8:21 PM

Well, what you described is one way to do it: Impeachment. Everyone of those 5 judges committed perjury. Christ, it’s even on tape and is being broadcasted! Stare Decisis! They each acknowled that Roe was settled law. That’s proof right there. Plus, DRINKY**RAPEY had dark money pay off his gambling debts, not to mention those women he molested. There is a lot to go one.

If these protestors put enough pressure on their reps, they could get them to vote to impeach their asses.

by Anonymousreply 135June 24, 2022 11:40 PM

[quote]Uh, in case you aren't aware of it protests mean absolutely nothing. They actually give women the idea they're doing something, when they're not. ONLY voting matters and voting STRAIGHT DEMOCRATIC TICKET in every election, no excuses, because this what you get otherwise!

It's the democrats that failed all women. This is as much their fault as it is the republicans.

This didn't happen overnight. The republicans fought DAY and NIGHT for 50 years. The democrats did fuck all during that time. It was utterly fucking hilarious how they tried last month to ratify Roe v Wade. One time in 50 years. The same with a voting rights act. They spent one week on it. then promptly abandoned it forever. Let's all come back to this when they act all surprised that the republicans cheated & found dozens of ways around the law during the presidential election.

The only thing that tired old bitch, nancy pelosi has worked day and night for is to keep insider trading legal for politicians. And she was out campaigning for an anti-choice democrat a few weeks ago

They have no solutions, no plans of action, NOTHING in any way, shape or form to help women. They can't even keep formula on the shelves. They should have been out publicizing why there's not enough formula on the shelves. But that requires work. And they're not willing to do that. THEY REFUSE TO THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX. They like how our government runs. They want to keep it that way.

The republicans do what they say they are going to do for their constituents. The democrats don't really say they're going to do anything. They just say, they're not the republicans. THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH ANYMORE.

We need a party that is going to fight for the average citizen. That's not the democrats. And before anyone says anything, the republicans want to turn America into Afghanistan. They are the American equivalent of the Taliban. I realized that a long fucking time ago. I also knew the democrats would let us down and not lift one finger to fight back.

by Anonymousreply 136June 25, 2022 6:53 PM

I agree with you R136 but there’s no need to compare US to Afghanistan or the Taliban. We are and have always been a racist, misogynist backwards shithole.

by Anonymousreply 137June 27, 2022 6:21 AM

very little for the general population OP certainly nothing compared to the pandemic and the changes it brought about

by Anonymousreply 138June 27, 2022 6:25 AM

Yes it means very little for the general population. I don’t count women.

by Anonymousreply 139June 28, 2022 10:52 PM

R134. The US Department of Justice is there to mete out Justice! What’s this BS that it’s not up to the DOJ? What other agency is there to remedy High Crimes and Misdemeanors!? Your local school board? I just can’t….

by Anonymousreply 140June 29, 2022 3:38 AM

But I agree we need to get rid of all these fossilized dinosaurs - on both sides of the aisle, not just the Pukes. Why is Feinstein still holding hands with Chuck Grassley? Hope they’re not doin the nasty! Ew, shivers….

by Anonymousreply 141June 29, 2022 3:42 AM

NDP could rally the House, but it’s that tired, duck-faced Wall Street Jew, CHUCK SCHUMER who does jack shit other than call a Senate recess! He’s much more culpable for Roe than NDP. Women need to stop blaming themselves and unite, rather than tear at each other.

by Anonymousreply 142June 29, 2022 3:48 AM

R130, the day of the ruling, I saw a bunch of enraged young women talking to news reporters at protests. Going on and on about how this has to be changed, that their protests were going to magically make Republicans see the light, that all they had to do is hold up a protest sign and all this would go away. Nope.

All you had to do is vote for the Democratic nominee, and this never would have happened, period. After four years of Hillary and zero years of Trump, where would we be now? Well, probably not with a pack of MAGATs trying to destroy everything in their paths like a swarm of locusts.

Shouting in front of a camera does nothing, and if it did, Republicans are better at shouting in front of cameras than Democrats ever will be.

by Anonymousreply 143June 29, 2022 4:21 AM

I'll probably find a man right when gay marriage is struck down.

But on the upside, I'll probably be able to adopt a baby.

by Anonymousreply 144June 29, 2022 4:24 AM

R144, but on the downside, it will probably be a methhead baby with three heads and four arms.

by Anonymousreply 145June 29, 2022 4:29 AM

[quote]All you had to do is vote for the Democratic nominee, and this never would have happened, period.

We did vote democrat for Bill Clinton and Barack Obama. The democrats could be fucking bothered to ratify Roe vs Wade.

The democrats let this happen. It's been no secret that the republicans have VOCALLY said for 50 yrs that they planned to overturn Roe vs Wade. And the democrats didn't do a fucking thing

They can't even be bothered to ratify the right to birth control. They would have support from some republicans on that. So don't even try to refute that. And even if they didn't have support from any repugs, they'd at least have every politician on record being for or against birth control. But once again, the democrats can't be bothered.

They can't be bothered with anything. And it shows. And that's why so many people don't bother to vote

by Anonymousreply 146July 5, 2022 12:24 AM

[quote]R68 More babies for gay people to adopt. My partner and I have been trying to adopt for years. This will be great for us.

Aren’t there a trillion children currently in foster care you could choose from?

by Anonymousreply 147July 5, 2022 12:36 AM

Let’s stop the bullshit that Clinton or Obama should have codified Roe, which has only become something people talk about starting in 2022. There was plenty on the legislative docket that wasn’t already protected by decades of Supreme Court precedents. What makes you think the Catholic Coirt wouldn’t just throw out this codification?

by Anonymousreply 148July 5, 2022 12:56 AM

They should have done it. The reason they didn't is because they used abortion and birth control as their main fundraising platform.

Even when George W Bush was president the republicans were really starting to go after all aspects of abortion (medical equipment requirement for doctor's offices who performed abortions, the waiting period, etc). They should have nipped that in the bud and codified Roe. Instead they did NOTHING. Had the situations been reversed, the republicans would have codified it the first chance they got.

And even with this happening now, they can't be bothered to codify the right to birth control. And don't say they don't have the votes. That's BS. They'd get support from enough republicans. And if they didn't have the votes, it's still the smart thing to in getting every politician on record as to where they stand with birth control.

They sure have been busy using the right to birth control as a fund raising issue. I've gotten 20 emails begging me for money. All they need to do is their God Damned jobs and codify that right.

They'll sit back when the repugs come for gay marriage and try to criminalize homosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 149July 5, 2022 3:29 AM

It should still be legal nationwide but women really should use precautions and not solely rely on the man. There are so many different contraceptives available now it's easy. A shot, an implant, etc. The pill is yesterday and they don't need to rely on their memory. I know there's talk of banning contraceptives but since condoms fall into that category, I don't see that happening.

by Anonymousreply 150July 5, 2022 3:40 AM

[quote]It should still be legal nationwide but women really should use precautions and not solely rely on the man.

Shut up crackhead

by Anonymousreply 151July 5, 2022 9:46 AM

Like they’ve ALWAYS relied on the man….

GFYS!

by Anonymousreply 152July 5, 2022 9:57 AM

You really think they’ll let gay people adopt anymore? Once they get their full control they’ll ban it nationwide. Especially as kids raised by same sex parents are more likely to grow up to be liberals. They’d rather stick them in for-profit Christian orphanages to indoctrinate them and make tons of money off of them.

by Anonymousreply 153July 5, 2022 1:08 PM

You mean, child trafficking? Yes, for-profit Christian (oxymoron) orphanages are good at this.

by Anonymousreply 154July 5, 2022 1:15 PM

No contraceptive is 100% effective. The use of antibiotics and other drugs can really mess with the efficacy of contraceptive pills.

Not to mention, abortion is not solely for the unintended pregnancy. Due to this ruling we will see many more birth defects such as babies born without brains. These babies will have short, painful lives spent wholly in hospital.

by Anonymousreply 155July 6, 2022 2:02 AM

[quote] Not to mention, abortion is not solely for the unintended pregnancy. Due to this ruling we will see many more birth defects such as babies born without brains. These babies will have short, painful lives spent wholly in hospital.

It’s good that from that America will finally have the conversations that it should have had years ago, which is talking about and deciding as a society when mercy killing abortions should be allowed. People have only wanted to label all abortion, including abortion for birth defects, as personal choice, figuring that making it all the same will protect purely elective abortion. Separating the issues will allow society to focus on abortions for medical reasons and to create the necessary criteria for determining when it will be allowed.

by Anonymousreply 156July 6, 2022 3:40 AM

This made me sick

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157July 6, 2022 4:17 AM

Fuck off, fascist twat @ R156.

No one except the person carrying the pregnancy gets to "determine when it will be allowed".

by Anonymousreply 158July 6, 2022 4:32 AM

Just block these trolls and make your life more pleasant. 156 was blocked for me. CON and MAGA trolls infest these threads by doing google searches….and since they are in deep red states, they have all the time in the world to harass others.

FUCK OFF TROLLS!

by Anonymousreply 159July 6, 2022 4:54 AM

R159 good for you. But from your tone your life doesn't seem very pleasant though ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

by Anonymousreply 160July 6, 2022 8:28 AM

[quote] No one except the person carrying the pregnancy gets to "determine when it will be allowed".

This is why we can’t have compromise, because people dig in their heels at the extreme ends of the spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 161July 6, 2022 1:19 PM

r161, why should women have to compromise on having human rights or not? Do women stop being human at the instant of conception? Are they ever human? Are women people? Why should women have fewer rights to bodily integrity than corpses? Do you think everything should have to donate organs, while alive, against their will? That's what mandating a woman to grow something in her uterus against her will is, in addition to being sexual slavery.

by Anonymousreply 162July 6, 2022 1:29 PM

[quote] why should women have to compromise on having human rights or not?

As has been pointed out many times, rights are not absolute (e.g. “fire” in crowded theater).

by Anonymousreply 163July 6, 2022 1:35 PM

r163, so you're cool with the state mandating that you donate your organs, upon request, while you're still alive.

by Anonymousreply 164July 6, 2022 2:13 PM

R164, the subject is reaching compromise on when abortions should be allowed if it is determined that there is a problem with the pregnancy. As a society, we may be able to reach compromise in this area.

by Anonymousreply 165July 6, 2022 2:30 PM

R163 would be cool with all straight males having to undergo mandatory vasectomies.

by Anonymousreply 166July 6, 2022 3:25 PM

R165, many have a problem the idea that “society” would be “reaching compromise” not women and doctors. I can’t imagine what that feels like to have Greg Abbott and Chuck Grassley debating over the jurisdiction of your uterus.

by Anonymousreply 167July 6, 2022 3:37 PM

[quote]Due to this ruling we will see many more birth defects such as babies born without brains.

That shipped has already sailed, my friend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168July 6, 2022 9:10 PM

r165, there is no compromise on whether or not someone has to be a slave when the state demands it and then have reprieves of fake liberty that can be yanked away at any moment. Non-existent people do not deserve more rights than living women.

by Anonymousreply 169July 6, 2022 11:19 PM

The closest realistic comparison would be men having to give away half of their livers, whenever the state demanded it, and just hope enough grows back.

by Anonymousreply 170July 6, 2022 11:21 PM

R169, your misdirection using slavery is funny for several reasons, one of which is that even the 13th Amendment has an explicit exception clause (and numerous case law exemptions), which makes even freedom from slavery and involuntary servitude not an absolute right. You might want to find something else if you are aiming for “no restrictions”.

by Anonymousreply 171July 6, 2022 11:44 PM

Funny, r171, you don’t mention the exception. It’s being convicted of a crime, which requires due process. Which was EXACTLY the point of Roe.

by Anonymousreply 172July 6, 2022 11:50 PM

Finally some protection and justice for the fetuses….

by Anonymousreply 173July 6, 2022 11:52 PM

Can you imagine if gay men had to grow and raise an entire ass human just for having sex?

by Anonymousreply 174July 7, 2022 3:09 AM

[quote] It’s being convicted of a crime, which requires due process.

Yes, r172, people who are charged with violating laws are afforded due process. That would continue to be true for any laws and restrictions our society determines to be necessary in this or other areas.

by Anonymousreply 175July 7, 2022 3:28 AM

And by "our society", I mean me and the people who think like me.

by Anonymousreply 176July 7, 2022 3:29 AM

R176, in society there are a broad range of opposing views and opinions that are held and expressed as society determines what its laws and restrictions should be. Now more ever.

by Anonymousreply 177July 7, 2022 3:46 AM

R174 that might apply to most men actually

by Anonymousreply 178July 7, 2022 3:47 AM

R177 you're welcome to never have any abortions whatsoever

by Anonymousreply 179July 7, 2022 3:50 AM

Debra Messing we'll see it as another attempt to become relevant

by Anonymousreply 180July 7, 2022 5:07 AM

[quote]Can you imagine if gay men had to grow and raise an entire ass human just for having sex?

"Just for...?" That's literally its purpose lol.

The evolutionary reason that it's even pleasurable in the first place is so that you hairless apes are incentivized to produce more crotch fruit to further drive the destruction of the Earth and deplete its resources because you just. Won't. Stop. [bold]Fucking.[/bold]

If not for homosexuality, the planet would've become a barren wasteland centuries ago. Being gay (and I mean 100% gay) is a much-needed population buffer.

by Anonymousreply 181July 8, 2022 1:03 PM

Straight men would willingly die for pussy. Even the sight or scent of it, much less the pussy pounding itself. I feel hopeless. It’s fucking insane.

by Anonymousreply 182July 8, 2022 1:13 PM

Oh, and more men are about to hilariously be gifted with surprise child support paycheck garnishments. So, men do have to raise these babies also...with their pockets.

You'd think that would make straight and bi men reconsider raw dogging it and get a fleshlight but no. They insist. Because they're retards. May they enjoy the minimum 2-3 jobs they'll need to work in order to pay for their idiotic choices.

I suspect the rate of men going to jail for child support arrears will also increase over time. Even if it's not theirs. There are no winners, here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183July 8, 2022 1:13 PM

Vasectomies have doubled these days, if you haven’t noticed. These men would chop off their own balls for raw dogging. I don’t know what to say or think.

by Anonymousreply 184July 8, 2022 1:16 PM

[quote] You'd think that would make straight and bi men reconsider raw dogging it and get a fleshlight but no. They insist. Because they're retards.

It takes two to raw dog, so two retards making that baby.

by Anonymousreply 185July 8, 2022 1:27 PM

I'm inclined to think this ratification stuff is just a right-wing talking point. If the SC ruled that the Constitution protects legal access to abortion, why would it need to be codified? The Constitution protects it. I'm no legal expert but I'm sure there are other penumbras that we take for granted from the Constitution that don't need to be codified.

It was insane to think that in 2022 the SC would become so partisan as to throw out a ruling that is not only so established but was supported by the SC itself in the 90s. Especially since they basically said there's no Constitutional right to privacy: something I think no sane American would agree with.

And who's to say that the SC, or a future GOP majority, wouldn't just overrule any attempt to codify it. I'm almost certain they would.

by Anonymousreply 186July 8, 2022 1:44 PM

r185 Some men will actually remove a condom mid-stroke without letting the woman know because "it feels better." So, yes, indeed, there are situations where the man is the sole retard. Imagine knowing where babies come from, not wanting a baby, and still busting inside a female on purpose. Top tier smooth brain move, right there.

That's also a form of assault, btw.

by Anonymousreply 187July 8, 2022 1:50 PM

Are you implying men are pigs? Uhmmm….we already know this. They would fuck a rock if it appeared suggestive in any way. Then feel totally justified because it was asking for it.

by Anonymousreply 188July 8, 2022 2:04 PM

R187, the woman picked the man to sleep around with, so still two retards.

by Anonymousreply 189July 8, 2022 2:11 PM

Women need to LEARN to be lesbian. Thats the only safe sex there is - according to men anyway. And men should only fuck other men to ensure you don't pay 18 years of child support. Am I getting this right?

by Anonymousreply 190July 8, 2022 2:39 PM

Honestly, the safest sex is no sex, r190. It's grossly overrated, anyway. Just handle it yourself. Literally.

by Anonymousreply 191July 8, 2022 2:45 PM

[quote]You'd think that would make straight and bi men reconsider raw dogging it and get a fleshlight but no. They insist. Because they're retards. May they enjoy the minimum 2-3 jobs they'll need to work in order to pay for their idiotic choices. I suspect the rate of men going to jail for child support arrears will also increase over time. Even if it's not theirs. There are no winners, here.

They'll start raping really young girls and older women. The #1 cause of death for pregnant women in America is Murder. That rate will skyrocket

white republican judges have already started decriminalizing rape from the bench. More and more of them have started giving very little or even NO JAILTIME to rapists. Recently there was a serial rapist who raped girls in South Carolina and he didn't get a day in jail.

by Anonymousreply 192July 13, 2022 1:52 AM

[quote]It should still be legal nationwide but women really should use precautions and not solely rely on the man.

You are clueless beyond belief if you think any woman is relying on men to provide birth control. Where did you even pull that idea from? Most straight men won't even wear a condom. I doubt there's a woman alive who trusts any man to provide birth control.

Abortions happen for many reasons but rarely is it because a woman trusted a man to provide birth control. It's far more common that other birth control methods failed in the case of an unwanted pregnancy. Abortions are needed for ectopic pregnancies, other life threatening conditions and victims of rape and incest --should they also be on the hook 100% for their own birth control?

by Anonymousreply 193July 13, 2022 11:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!