Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Part 2 - DL Waiters = Rate Best & Worst Celebrities You've Waited On

There's got to be more stories out there about movie stars eating out in LA and hitting on the waiters...

by Anonymousreply 150November 2, 2022 1:35 PM

Did anyone comment yet on Jimmy Buffett's obnoxious behavior? Maybe I missed it. If not, please chime in.

by Anonymousreply 1May 23, 2022 1:54 AM

Somone did, R1, but they didn't offer any juicy details.

by Anonymousreply 2May 23, 2022 8:07 AM

Jeez! I haven’t finished reading the first thread! Is there an easy way to scroll down to where I left off? It’s around reply 350.

by Anonymousreply 3May 23, 2022 8:18 AM

The first thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 23, 2022 8:46 AM

AWESOME THREAD

by Anonymousreply 5May 23, 2022 11:14 AM

That's what I thought - thanks r2.

by Anonymousreply 6May 23, 2022 1:22 PM

I waited on a shitfaced Ray Liotta one night. He was with an older guy, who kept ordering more and more alcohol for the two of them. I think it was a grooming situation.

by Anonymousreply 7May 23, 2022 1:42 PM

Danny Bonaduce in a Korean restaurant. He was genial, most of the clientele didn’t know him.

by Anonymousreply 8May 23, 2022 1:59 PM

Morgan Freeman with his granddaughter. A total gentleman and so pleasant to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 9May 23, 2022 4:27 PM

It didn’t happen in a restaurant, but I saw Dog the Bounty Hunter in a jewelry store. He was wearing his bounty Hunter outfit, and looked as outlandish as he did on his television program

He was visibly annoyed because people recognized him and started taking his picture.

by Anonymousreply 10May 23, 2022 4:34 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 11May 24, 2022 3:43 PM

Let's not lose our momentum now, bitches! That last thread was golden.

by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2022 11:41 PM

I am one of those STILL waiting to hear the details of the Jimmy Buffett encounter.

by Anonymousreply 13May 26, 2022 9:19 PM

I served John Cleese and Michael Palin. Delightful and polite. Cleese spent the evening roaring with laughter at Palin's banter. Palin was very quiet and quite reserved when he dined alone.

by Anonymousreply 14May 26, 2022 9:33 PM

Robin Williams once came into the place I was working and was an absolute riot. Salman Rushdie was also there and Robin used him as fodder, as well as every patron he came into contact with. He then sent two bottles of expensive champagne to the kitchen staff to thank them for his meal. Which he paid for. Unlike a certain French chef who comps certain celebrities in order to kiss their ass.

by Anonymousreply 15May 26, 2022 10:02 PM

When The Blacklist was in its first season, James Spader was a regular in our restaurant because he lived in the nabe. When the show became a smash hit in its second season, Spader turned into a pompous asshole. He would come in with his g'friend (or wife, who cared) and her kid, and order expensive wine, which he thought gave him the right to sit for hours, while staring at people who'd walk past his table. (He wanted to be seen). If anyone approached him, however, he was extremely rude and dismissive and would shut them down immediately. He turned into the supreme Douchenozzle.

by Anonymousreply 16May 28, 2022 12:49 AM

[quote]As far as I have to get an autograph - I find a lot of people think famous people owe them something. I am their fan and they would not be famous without me, therefore, they owe me.

Typed like a true psychopath.

The only people who pester celebrities for autographs are proles (we never meet anyone notable!), psychopaths, asian girls, and eBay sellers.

It's the ultimate naff act.

by Anonymousreply 17May 28, 2022 1:08 AM

R13. I want to hear Jimmy Buffet horror stories, too!

by Anonymousreply 18May 28, 2022 1:56 AM

[quote] She (Rosie O'Donnell) said that celebrities make obscene amounts of money, so if a fan who helped make you rich wants a few seconds of your time for a picture or an autograph, it's a very small price to pay.

You would be amazed how some actors have the opposite view

Michael Weatherly (NCIS & Bull) for instance - he says he never reads or answers fan mail. Because the people writing are responding to a character, owned by the network Not to him, the actor. As far as he is concerned, the mail is being written to the character, not to him. So he owes fans nothing.

by Anonymousreply 19May 28, 2022 2:27 AM

Weatherly is a scumbag.

by Anonymousreply 20May 28, 2022 2:30 AM

R10 I'm completely surprised about Dog. The couple of times I have been around him he has been wonderful. Maybe he was having a bad day. He is one of the nicest celebs I've come across.

by Anonymousreply 21May 28, 2022 2:31 AM

[quote]Typed like a true psychopath.

That person is describing the thinking of some people, not their own thinking. Because they didn't use quotation marks, the meaning is garbled. Instead of psychopathy, the poster suffers from illiteracy.

by Anonymousreply 22May 28, 2022 2:34 AM

R21 it is possible the Dog was trying to be discreet buying a ring for someone, and couldn't be as he was recognized. and that put him in a bad mood.

by Anonymousreply 23May 28, 2022 2:37 AM

^^He was supposedly asked to leave a nearby Friday’s for poor treatment of the wait staff and general unpleasantness.

by Anonymousreply 24May 28, 2022 2:38 AM

^He didn’t seem too interested in jewelry. His wife and her friend were interested in the Estate jewelry .

by Anonymousreply 25May 28, 2022 2:41 AM

Joan Collins would be a nightmare.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 28, 2022 2:45 AM

[Quote] Weatherly is a scumbag.

He has a point actually

by Anonymousreply 27May 28, 2022 3:04 AM

[quote] He has a point actually

so actors are just a working stiff like the rest of us - only difference is they make 10x more than working stiffs

by Anonymousreply 28May 28, 2022 3:11 AM

I think I told this story before, I used to volunteer at a place and met this old lady with lots of stories. She told me one about jfk Jr.

I don't remember all the details but she was carrying a bag of groceries across Central Park and jfk Jr knocked it over, not sure if she fell or not, she wasn't hurt in any case. He helped her put everything back in but she was kind of giving him some grief about it, they were talking and they exchanged names etc.

Cut to a couple weeks later, there was this Italian restaurant where they have free opera or some kind of promo once a week or month, like I said, I don't remember the details....this old lady went with her husband and jfk Jr was there too. He greeted her by her name and sent a bottle of very expensive wine to her table.

He was very sweet and respectful, that was the impression I got when she told me the story.

by Anonymousreply 29May 28, 2022 3:12 AM

I was molested by Harry Styles of One Direction while the rest of the group watched in an near-empty subway car between 59th St. and Rockefeller Center about ten years ago. I have no idea what they were doing in the subway. They walked in and spread out. Harry sat down next to me and pressed his left side against my right side and put his head on my shoulder. He said he was curious about the game I was playing on my phone. They were goofing on me, laughing and chattering away. I played along willingly. Then they left.

by Anonymousreply 30May 28, 2022 11:58 PM

Molested? MOLESTED? Some people would have creamed in their pants.

by Anonymousreply 31May 29, 2022 12:04 AM

I feel your pain R30.

by Anonymousreply 32May 29, 2022 1:07 AM

R30 Sure,Jan Ah someone’s fantasy spilling onto the DL.

by Anonymousreply 33May 29, 2022 1:14 AM

Years ago when Natasha Richardson died - a waiter posted on DL about his dealing with her.

The waiter had found her wallet after she left the restaurant he was working at, and called her to let her know, When Natasha came back to the restaurant, she was obviously grateful that he had found the wallet and called her. She tried to offer some cash as a reward and thanks. The waiter (DL poster) declined saying he was just doing his job.

The next day he comes into work and lovely bouquet of flowers is waiting for him. From Natasha as a thanks for turning in her wallet,

by Anonymousreply 34June 3, 2022 11:27 PM

yes james spader is a rude turd. waited on him in a watch store. honey he aint nothin special. downright fugly

by Anonymousreply 35June 5, 2022 7:31 PM

Fat and fugly, a true Beanie combo.

by Anonymousreply 36June 6, 2022 4:09 AM

That's it! The F&F, the new carb-stuffed combo plate at 54 Below!

by Anonymousreply 37June 6, 2022 5:00 PM

Just nice and funny and normal (late 80s-early 90s):

Andrea Martin

Mike Nichols

Madeline Kahn

Mercedes Ruehl

Divine

Barry Levinson/Paulina Porizkova/Rik Ocasek (they used to come in together-all nice as can be)

by Anonymousreply 38June 6, 2022 6:24 PM

Sweetest guy on earth- Charles Dutton

Everybody liked him a lot.

by Anonymousreply 39June 6, 2022 6:25 PM

Elvis Costello and his wife Diana Krall. Sweet couple. Never made ridiculous demands like Jake Fucking Gyllenhaal.

by Anonymousreply 40June 6, 2022 9:55 PM

Jerks, Mean, or Psychos (late 80s-early 90s):

Debra Winger- weird, snippy and miserable

Mandy Patinkin- same

Diahann Carroll- there just isn't time for this cunt, also a total alcoholic and screamer, just nuts.

Mike Tyson- was really new on the scene and had probably never eaten at a restaurant where you don't get your food at the counter. Called me a faggot as I walked away from the table. He actually seems cool now. I don't hold it against him.

Maureen McGovern- mean old lez

Christine Lahti and Griffin Dunne- both total losers

Adolph Green- entitled [italic]alterkocker[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 41June 7, 2022 1:08 AM

As sweet as can be:

Heavy D

Phoebe Cates

Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio

Andie MacDowell

by Anonymousreply 42June 7, 2022 1:11 AM

If I encountered Phoebe Cates in any situation, I wouldn't be able to resist whispering in her ear:

"Which one of you bitches is my mother?"

by Anonymousreply 43June 7, 2022 1:32 AM

LOVE THIS SHIT......MORE

met sal mineo after he had done fortune in mens eyes onstage in el lay. sweet fella.

by Anonymousreply 44June 7, 2022 6:46 AM

R41 could you elaborate on Christine Lahti? She always seemed like a nice person to me.

by Anonymousreply 45June 7, 2022 7:20 AM

R16 are you familiar with any of James Spader’s movies from the 80s? He tended to play a douche nozzle.

by Anonymousreply 46June 7, 2022 7:20 AM

[quote][R41] could you elaborate on Christine Lahti? She always seemed like a nice person to me.

No, she's just a difficult pain in the ass. Always wanting things we couldn't provide and being high maintenance. She was unpleasant in new and exciting ways. Nobody who works with her ever likes her, that's why her career promise was not fulfilled. She kneecaps herself.

by Anonymousreply 47June 7, 2022 6:40 PM

Lena Dunham was the cuntiest cunt who ever ate out. Nasty to servers, nasty to fans inside and outside the restaurant, and a shitty tipper. I never want to serve her again.

by Anonymousreply 48June 7, 2022 6:46 PM

I don't know how even middling stars read and answer their fan mail. Or they simply don't? It all gets thrown out after glancing at a few?

by Anonymousreply 49June 7, 2022 6:55 PM

[quote] No, she's just a difficult pain in the ass. Always wanting things we couldn't provide and being high maintenance. She was unpleasant in new and exciting ways.

Christine Lahti used to be a waitress herself, so surprising she would be that mean

by Anonymousreply 50June 7, 2022 7:20 PM

Don Rickles like to eat out in Manhattan with Regis Philbin. However, if anyone in the dining room came up to Regis, Don would torture him mercilessly. It was kinda sad.

by Anonymousreply 51June 18, 2022 1:06 AM

Kathleen Turner used to come into restaurants with her husband and friends, then excuse herself, and walk up to a manager or waiter furthest away from her table. She'd ask for a double vodka neat, then wait at the Ladies Room door until she got the drink. She'd down it, then go inside and do whatever. It would sound like a hog farm outside the door. She'd repeat the process several times during the night and eat very little. Did she actually think her husband didn't know? He'd have had to have been a moron to not realize she was doing massive amounts of blow.

by Anonymousreply 52June 20, 2022 2:31 PM

Was it 80s Kathleen Turner or older ?

by Anonymousreply 53June 20, 2022 2:37 PM

Have heard from several friends (NYC) that Natasha Richardson was a genuinely kind and lovely person, and a pleasure to work with when she was doing plays here. She also got Liam to clean up his act: he was much more abrupt with people before they married.

What a loss.

Kathleen Turner used to be batshit insane but I believe she's mellowed considerably. She also has a great (alas underutilized) sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 54June 20, 2022 2:47 PM

[quote]Never made ridiculous demands like Jake Fucking Gyllenhaal.

Tell us about it, r40.

As far as Michael Weatherly goes, I don't care if he answers fan mail. He performed one of the greatest acts of public service I've ever heard of: he got rid of Douche Coo, one of my least favorite actresses of all time.

by Anonymousreply 55June 20, 2022 3:15 PM

[quote] Harry sat down next to me and pressed his left side against my right side and put his head on my shoulder.

Maybe a stupid question but are female or male?

by Anonymousreply 56June 20, 2022 3:23 PM

R52/r53 she should have been a lot thinner!

by Anonymousreply 57June 20, 2022 3:34 PM

R53-It was 2000-2005, but I'd heard from others in the business it had been going on a long time. Rheumatoid arthritis, my ass.

by Anonymousreply 58June 20, 2022 3:47 PM

R57- She should have been, but the prednisone caused her weight gain.

by Anonymousreply 59June 20, 2022 3:49 PM

In the mid late 80s I was a cocktail waitress in a little nightclub attached to a big Holiday inn. We were in a suburb of Los Angeles. Gary Busey was staying at the hotel with some cast and crew working on a movie - for some reason I have NO memory of what the movie was. This was about a year before his motorcycle accident…… The Holiday Inn would close down like Mayberry at 10pm - room service, bar and restaurant were closed. Gary had a running tab and would sit at the back bar of the nite club and was surrounded by off duty waitresses, crew members, hanger ons - he would be “ON” and laugh and entertain and order rounds of drinks - in hindsight he acted like Kramer in Seinfeld. …. I was only 22 and a YOUNG 22 - I wasn’t Attracted at all and he was relieved and serious/normal with me. For about 2 weeks on week nights - he would tell his big partying group good night - he would go out the front door and walk 20 yards into the Holiday Inn. I would make 4 drinks for him and put them in coffee cups. Then I would get the keys that turned off the alarm on the fire door that connected the nite club and hotel. At exactly 10:30 I would unlock the door - Gary would be on the other side - usual bare footed in striped pajamas. I would give him the tray with his drinks in coffee cups and he would take them up to his room. I would lock the door back up and go back to work. He was very pleasant!

by Anonymousreply 60June 20, 2022 5:10 PM

I'm not a waiter but Goop goes to a restaurant in my hood where I know the whole staff. They all say she's pleasant and charming. Jerry Seinfeld is supposedly an absolute prick.

by Anonymousreply 61June 20, 2022 9:39 PM

World's shortest list: comics who are not assholes.

by Anonymousreply 62June 20, 2022 10:30 PM

A bartender friend once told me he was catering a fancy Hamptons party, and Jerry and his wife spent an extended period hanging at the bar, and he said they were talking to him all night and he really enjoyed them.

by Anonymousreply 63June 20, 2022 10:36 PM

R63 Andy is that you?

by Anonymousreply 64June 21, 2022 12:53 AM

[Quote] He performed one of the greatest acts of public service I've ever heard of: he got rid of Douche Coo, one of my least favorite actresses of all time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65June 21, 2022 1:24 PM

I once waited on Jeane Cooper and Corben Bersen. After dinner,I offered Dessert and Jeanie wanted chocolate ice cream. We didn't have any, but I was a huge y&r fan so I ran across the street and got a pint of Hagen Daz. She was so grateful and tickled I did that. She tipped me 50 bucks over the tip for that and told my manager to give me a raise, that I was going places, gave me her card told me to call her anytime for a tour of Y&R. She was amazing. Corben just seemed annoyed at it all.

by Anonymousreply 66June 21, 2022 1:54 PM

I waited on Robert Duvall at a little bakery in Santa Cruz, CA around 1999. He was pleasant.

by Anonymousreply 67June 21, 2022 6:57 PM

R66 what a sweet story! I loved her as Katherine on Y&R and am glad to hear how kind she was after you went above and beyond for her!

by Anonymousreply 68June 21, 2022 7:19 PM

R66 I don't believe a word of it. She was miserable to everyone because I was the star of the show.

by Anonymousreply 69June 22, 2022 12:51 AM

Brendad, you never tipped anyone $50 in your entire life. And no one ever ran across the street for you for anything.

by Anonymousreply 70June 22, 2022 1:11 AM

R56 - I'm a gay guy.

by Anonymousreply 71June 22, 2022 1:51 PM

worst one woman show i ever saw, k turner doing tallulah, she talked so fast and jus ran thru the play. ghastly.

by Anonymousreply 72June 23, 2022 8:51 AM

Was that Looped?

by Anonymousreply 73June 23, 2022 9:36 AM

Looped is an awful play by an awful playwright (and pretty awful person)!

by Anonymousreply 74June 24, 2022 1:22 AM

Details, please, R74.

We have mutual "friends" but I've never gotten any specifics (I like a couple of his other plays)

by Anonymousreply 75June 24, 2022 1:37 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 76June 26, 2022 2:27 PM

Chuck Schumer frequents a few major NYC restaurants and behaves like a fucking dick. Usually late, then insists on holding a pre-planned press conference outside the restaurant about nothing important.

by Anonymousreply 77June 27, 2022 10:30 PM

re R77; I saw him on the Senate floor in 2015. He looked like a corpse.

by Anonymousreply 78June 27, 2022 10:47 PM

r17 he does that so he can write off the dinner.

by Anonymousreply 79June 27, 2022 11:53 PM

A close friend was a hostess at a perpetually stylish NYC restaurant and reported that Charlie Hunnam was not only extremely gracious and unassuming (even phoning apologetically to report that his party would be a couple of minutes late) but dove out of his way to give wait staff and busboys the right of way when he encountered them on the narrow stairwell.

by Anonymousreply 80June 28, 2022 12:06 AM

more !!!!

by Anonymousreply 81July 23, 2022 9:40 AM

R55 ...and she got PAID for it. She won.

by Anonymousreply 82July 23, 2022 10:05 AM

Recalling an evening Michael Bloomberg and Beverly Sills came into a 4 star French establishment with a party of 12. They were two of the bossiest, whiniest cunts who ever walked the earth, and made every employee's life miserable that night. Bloomberg was a bitchy, queeny homo who overpowered every conversation at the table. When he became mayor a few years later, I'm certain he inherited Ed Koch's rolodex of escort services.

by Anonymousreply 83July 23, 2022 3:19 PM

Beverly "Bubbles" Sills did a lot to promote NYCO, Lincoln Center, and the Metropolitan opera during her time there. She was pretty savvy about the media (which explains her palling around with Bloomberg).

But I never understood the appeal of her voice or her brassy, blowsy presence. And I've heard elsewhere that she was a horrowshow to deal with. Not a nice person.

The Bloomberg description absolutely rings true as well.

by Anonymousreply 84July 23, 2022 4:14 PM

R84, Sills actually had an amazing voice when she was young, but her voice got all coarse and wobbly comparatively early in her career... and for some reason she stayed super-famous even though there were far better singers around.

I suspect it was because of her media-whoring, she was the one who was all over the talk shows of the era.

by Anonymousreply 85July 23, 2022 11:09 PM

Bloomberg is gay???

by Anonymousreply 86July 23, 2022 11:36 PM

She had a great TV personality for that era. I don't know what she was like behind the scenes but she was on camera warm delightful and funny when her singing career was winding down. She put on some wonderful productions at the NYCO when she was the director. These have vanished along with all the other great cultural events that made NY a great city of the performing arts.

Also early in her career she was a great singer in an era of great singers. Listen to her recordings of The Ballad of Baby Doe and Giulio Cesare. I also I highly recommend, to get a sense of her artistry, the EMI The Art of Beverly Sills. It is available used on Amazon or ebay.

by Anonymousreply 87July 23, 2022 11:42 PM

This is one of those threads used by lazy Queerty writers when they are trying to think up story ideas.

by Anonymousreply 88July 23, 2022 11:44 PM

[quote]Lena Dunham was the cuntiest cunt who ever ate out. Nasty to servers, nasty to fans inside and outside the restaurant, and a shitty tipper. I never want to serve her again.

What, you couldn't have persuaded her to try one more wafer-thin mint and done us all a favor?

by Anonymousreply 89July 24, 2022 12:26 AM

Donna Douglas (probably few know who she was) and Divine….. they weren’t together….. Both sweet as pie and very chatty. San Francisco. Mid 70s. Later, was a bartender at I-Beam in SF and Divi came in many times. Loads of fun.

by Anonymousreply 90July 24, 2022 12:37 AM

Michael Weatherly is a hot muscular stud.

by Anonymousreply 91July 24, 2022 12:44 AM

I loved the I-Beam

by Anonymousreply 92July 24, 2022 2:11 AM

I did a bunch of events at Gracie Mansion when Bloomberg was mayor.

He was either very late or very early. When he was early he would stroll around and gab with the staff. Since I was the boss of the staff he'd come over and bend my ear. He was always exceptionally pleasant, chatty and down to earth. I was surprised he would always ask for my opinions about things going on in city government. I guess it is smart for billionaires to know what the hoi polloi are thinking. At least he asked.

by Anonymousreply 93July 24, 2022 2:53 AM

Bloomberg is well known for having dinners at his townhouse every week with people from all walks of life

by Anonymousreply 94July 24, 2022 3:03 AM

I was never invited.

by Anonymousreply 95July 24, 2022 8:46 PM

[quote] Sweetest guy on earth- Charles Dutton. Everybody liked him a lot.

With the possible exception of the family of the person he killed.

by Anonymousreply 96July 24, 2022 9:49 PM

Do we actually KNOW that, r96? I got a few family members myself I'd be happy to see...well.....

by Anonymousreply 97July 25, 2022 2:09 AM

looooved the ibeam, saw susie banshee there and a famous porngod who was jump starting his singing career. tre hot. but no singer. he wound up back at the nobhill Theatre.

by Anonymousreply 98July 25, 2022 2:06 PM

I still remember a tidbit from an DL poster claiming to be a flight attendant who waited on Susan Ruttan in the late 80s or early 90s. Apparently, she had her assistant order for her and the poster made it sound like she was stuck-up for doing so. But it's also possible that Ruttan has social anxiety.

by Anonymousreply 99September 24, 2022 8:57 AM

Who the fuck is Douche Coo?

btw, WTF happened to Weatherly's TV series BULL?

by Anonymousreply 100September 24, 2022 9:33 AM

I've read different accounts about whether Bull was cancelled or Weatherly was just over it and decided not to renew his contract when it was up last season.

by Anonymousreply 101September 24, 2022 10:24 AM

Whatever the reason, I'm not going to look in the mouth the gift horse of not having to see his smirking face plastered all over commercials whenever I turn on a TV.

by Anonymousreply 102September 25, 2022 12:15 AM

Unless they decide to do a Dark Angel reboot. But Jessica probably wouldn't want to work with him anyway.

by Anonymousreply 103September 25, 2022 3:27 PM

MAE west was a good tipper .... titty tipper

by Anonymousreply 104October 14, 2022 8:46 PM

We are never going to get the Jimmy Buffett story are we?

by Anonymousreply 105October 14, 2022 10:16 PM

I didn't wait on him but Sting came into a place I worked a few times. He was pleasant, quiet and a good tipper. Howie Long one of the biggest demanding assholes ever (thinks everybody is a fan). Peter Jennings was a total gentleman.

by Anonymousreply 106October 14, 2022 11:11 PM

Diana Ross , surprisingly cordial and pleasant, very petite in stature . The daughter Tracee Ellis- Ross somewhat overbearing ( This was at the height of Blackish) and I got a lesbian vibe from her.

by Anonymousreply 107October 15, 2022 12:05 AM

Drew Barrymore was and is an absolute cunt. Left no tip, and hurried out. Bitch on wheels.

by Anonymousreply 108October 15, 2022 1:51 AM

Not a server, but worked at a Borders bookstore and a small art gallery some time in the 90s.

Richard Marx, of the sappy songs fame, was a guest at our Borders. Total pill. He hid in the back office until the very last moment to sign whatever he was there to sign. He had a very flat and unimpressed air about him. His hair was unimpressive.

Drew Carey came for a book signing. Totally charming, humble and very kind. We all loved him.

Nichelle Nichols came to our small art gallery to sign Star Trek art prints. She loaded up on our cheap gallery wine and seemed to be tired. I hope that she rested well after that. She was very beautiful in person. I remember thinking, holy sheepshit, that's Uhura. For real and in person.

by Anonymousreply 109October 15, 2022 4:47 AM

R106 one of my friends had such a crush on Peter Jennings. It's nice to hear that he was a good egg.

by Anonymousreply 110October 15, 2022 4:59 AM

R108 I don’t buy it.

by Anonymousreply 111October 15, 2022 5:36 AM

Eliza Dushku, R100.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112October 16, 2022 4:26 AM

LOVE weatherly, he is hot....so is peter jennings. ide blow his fat thick meat NOW

by Anonymousreply 113October 16, 2022 5:16 AM

R113 Weatherly is a bloated asshole.

by Anonymousreply 114October 16, 2022 9:01 AM

he damn sure is. RUDE

by Anonymousreply 115October 16, 2022 1:27 PM

Is reno, Nevada cooler? As in the weather

by Anonymousreply 116October 16, 2022 4:56 PM

R113. Mr Jennings "Thick Meat" is now a skeleton.

What a ghoulish thought :(

by Anonymousreply 117October 16, 2022 5:11 PM

DL unfave James Corden was just banned from Balthazar .

by Anonymousreply 118October 18, 2022 1:40 AM

R118, I just read the article about that on Cracked dot com. I always assumed he was an insufferable asshole in real life. I'm glad his show is coming to an end.

by Anonymousreply 119October 18, 2022 2:18 AM

I didn't wait on him, but I cooked his lunch when he came in - It was one of my favorite artists, Robert Rauschenberg.

I was a line cook at the time at TGI Fridays and in college majoring in Studio Art. It was between shifts just after the lunch rush, so there were only two of us in the kitchen. I was cooking everything while my other coworker was busy restocking all the stations for the evening crew.

He sat up at the bar by himself and ordered some beers and a burger and fries. The bartender who waited on him came back into the kitchen to mention it to me thinking I would appreciate it, shortly after he had left. He didn't know who he was at the time, and only found out while making small talk with him since the place was dead. Apparently he was really nice to him and tipped very well. I was kind of devastated though because I had just missed the opportunity to meet him in person.

by Anonymousreply 120October 18, 2022 2:24 AM

Weatherly is an asshole because he shut down Bull because he was bored.

The show was rather good, and the characters developed to the point that it could have been renamed TAC and Marissa could have spent some time finding a genius psychologist to replace Bull. But no, we get East New York (ghetto Blue Bloods) and Fire Country (Chicago Fire without all the testosterone). TAC would have done well with, What The Fuck, Todd, as a lead in.

by Anonymousreply 121October 18, 2022 5:33 AM

Fat cunt has been UNBANNED.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122October 18, 2022 5:36 AM

R122 In other worlds a PR stunt by Km - like he needs the business.

by Anonymousreply 123October 18, 2022 5:54 AM

[quote]Drew Barrymore was and is an absolute cunt. Left no tip, and hurried out. Bitch on wheels.

I had completely the opposite experience with Drew and I was very impressed how sweet she was to me and our staff. I'm sorry that isn't always the case.

I had an experience working on "Bull" with Michael Weatherly and Freddy Rodriguez. Weatherly was a bit nutty, but entirely pleasant, and Rodriguez, who was canned for some sort of shenanigans, was very nice to me. The whole team there was fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 124October 22, 2022 4:59 AM

James Corden ate at my restaurant once.

by Anonymousreply 125October 22, 2022 4:16 PM

JUST ONCE.

by Anonymousreply 126October 22, 2022 4:58 PM

New book out: Your Table is Ready: Tales of a New York City Maître D

Daily Mail says there are tales of Meghan Markle, Naomi Campbell, and Anna Wintour.

Markle's handler reportedly demanded a private table because Markle was 'someone who is dating a prince' (happened in ~ 2017).

Campbell came in when dating Adam Clayton of U2. Would often send back food.

Wintour came in w/o a reservation, demanded private room & rare steak served immediately.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127October 22, 2022 5:05 PM

'She is dating Prince Harry and about to be a duchess': Maître d' reveals Meghan Markle stood silent as her handler aggressively demanded a private dining area - and tells how Naomi Campbell and Anna Wintour were some of his worst customers

Former maître d' Michael Cecchi-Azzolina, who worked at the restaurant for two and a half years, claims the star-turned-royal required a table because 'it's for someone who is dating a prince.'

'I said, 'I still don't have a private table for you,' he wrote in his upcoming memoir, 'Your Table is Ready: Tales of a New York City Maitre D.'

Markle and her handler arrived at the restaurant 20 minutes early for their reservation and were subsequently aggressive with staff.

'Are you aware my guest is dating Prince Harry and about to be a duchess?' Cecchi-Azzolina recalls the handler asking. 'Don't you have a private area for us to wait?

'My first impulse was to laugh. I could give two s**ts about Prince Harry's date, and by the attention the escort was drawing from the crowd at the bar, nor did anyone else.'

During the encounter, Markle reportedly 'didn't say a word' and was described by Cecchi-Azzolina as 'aloof.'

'We get the most powerful people in the world that come here — no one really cares about you,' he said.

He adds in other encounters with celebrities, including Vogue editor Anna Wintour and supermodel Naomi Campbell, both of whom allegedly regularly appeared unannounced and repeatedly sent food back at Raoul's Soho.

'Naomi Campbell would come, be rude and complain about her food almost every time,' Cecchi-Azzolina writes.

The supermodel would routinely appear at the restaurant in the early 2000s as she dated U2 bass player Adam Clayton.

'She was someone we dreaded coming in,' he told the New York Post.

'She needed a lot of attention. She sent her food back quite a few times. I want to say it was the rack of lamb.'

Wintour was similar, Cecchi-Azzolina adds, and was 'absolutely horrid' as she would 'march in with no reservation and demand a table.'

The Vogue editor ordered a steak 'very rare' and requested it be served 'immediately.'

'God forbid it was the least bit overcooked. She'd look at the server as though he'd just served her rat and have it sent back and redone. You'd think the raw meat would make her less sanguine,' he said.

'She'd just walk in or call and say, 'I'm coming.' One time she came in and we were closing the back room and she insisted on sitting in the back room and we had to keep a waiter there and give her own waiter. Boy, was that waitress pissed.'

'She doesn't really talk to the staff. She's like, 'I'm having this, and that's it.'

by Anonymousreply 128October 22, 2022 5:34 PM

R109, your story reminded me of something that happened at Barnes & Noble in the mid-90s. New Age/easy listening pianist Jim Brickman appeared in store to promote his new CD and behaved much as you describe Marx. Stayed in the back until the last possible moment and didn’t interact with the staff. All his many requests came through his assistant/manager. At the time I had never heard of him though I guess he was popular in his niche but the way he acted he seemed to think he was Sinatra or something.

by Anonymousreply 129October 22, 2022 9:38 PM

One of my worst customers ever was blowhard John Heilemann. Him and his cunt of a wife.

by Anonymousreply 130October 22, 2022 9:46 PM

Jay McInerny was never a treat to taken care of, especially when he was drunk and doing blow. Which was pretty often. And his blurb is on the cover of that book? That maitre d' was probably sharing coke with him.

by Anonymousreply 131October 22, 2022 9:49 PM

R128 See, this is why there are so many threads about Meghan Markle. It’s not just frauen (although they are legion, granted). She is the climber, the adventuress, the haughty arriviste of our dreams!

by Anonymousreply 132October 22, 2022 10:05 PM

R124 Everything I’ve ever heard or read about Drew Barrymore has said she is kind and generous. Obviously as a human being, she’s allowed a bad day. Maybe that was the case. But the poster probably was a troll.

by Anonymousreply 133October 23, 2022 2:13 AM

Vern Yip of Trading Spaces and Design Star.

I worked in house catering at one of the TV studio/production places and he came in for some work( I think this was when Design Star was just starting). I asked him how the food was and he was so gracious and was even asking how different things were made.

Small guy though. I’m 5’ 11” and I felt like I towered over him.

by Anonymousreply 134October 23, 2022 2:37 AM

On Howard Stern, Courtney Love complained about Drew Barrymore and Tom Cruise being too nice. I think Courtney thought that, in comparison, she looked bad. I'll have to give DB the benefit of the doubt. She seems like a nice person.

by Anonymousreply 135October 23, 2022 2:41 AM

Worst: Raging Waters, San Dimas, 1988. Not a waiter per se, but dealt with Gallagher when he felt like he didn't have to rent $10 for a raft like a commoner. "Sir," I explained to him, "You get $5 back when you return it before you leave." That comment did't go over well with Gallagher. "It's not the money," he said louder, "I shouldn't have to pay." And as he said that, he sort of waived his hand over his torso as if to say, "I'm Gallagher, I'm famous." He finally left with a raft, without the proof-of-purchase wristband that goes with it. Side note: Gallagher was wearing one of those old-timey men's bathing suits that were part shirt, part shorts. Tight with black and red horizontal stripes. And one of those black fat guy caps newsies used to wear. Even as a high school kid, I had the wherewithal to not give him the satisfaction of knowing who he was.

by Anonymousreply 136October 23, 2022 3:23 AM

John Heilemann isn't gay? Whaddya know!

Aside from being incredibly needy, Courtney Love is very sweet, weird, but perfectly nice.

No one likes Cynthia Nixon. She's weird, in her own world, and unpleasant to the staff. So "progressive", huh?

Sigourney Weaver is a lovely, polite charming person every time I've encountered or served her.

Charlie Rose is an addled booze bag.

The worst person I've ever served or really ever met in my entire life is "Lady" (ha!) Lynn de Rothschild, the former Lynn Forrester. What a frigging miserable piece of work that one!

by Anonymousreply 137October 23, 2022 4:49 AM

Drew Barrymore has had a lot of drug problems over the years. She's also had emotional/mental issues. Maybe the day she stiffed you on a check she was having one of those days. She usually bends over backwards to be nice.

by Anonymousreply 138October 23, 2022 5:27 AM

I served live turtles to rosie o donnell's nipples....

by Anonymousreply 139October 23, 2022 4:32 PM

I've watched Rosie make out with Madge at a corner table. It was triggering.

by Anonymousreply 140October 24, 2022 3:46 PM

I saw Goody O'Donnell with the Devil.

by Anonymousreply 141October 24, 2022 4:38 PM

rosie's nipples are the size of steel bowling balls.

by Anonymousreply 142October 27, 2022 3:35 PM

I worked Room Service at the Chateau Marmont Hotel in the Mid to Late Eighties. You never knew who would open the door, because sometimes they used aliases. Some times, their own names. many times they would live there for awhile. Margot Kidder would stay and order a triple expresso and slam it down. I told her Christopher Reeve was also staying In the Hotel (before his accident) and she said "Don't tell him I'm Here". Meanwhile, Christopher Reeve was horny for the German Models in The Hotel.

Ben Vereen Doesn't Tip and Beverly D'Angelo was a smoker. Anthony Michael Hall and Patrick Dempsey, Nice guys. Eric Roberts was a Cunt over syrup or butter for pancakes, Edward Hermann was a good tipper. Keira Sedgwick was very kind and would stop and give an employee a ride. Christine Lahti was very very nice to me, despite wheat others said. Spike Lee acknowledged me in a seperate restaurant I ran into him in. John Waters and Rickie Lee Jones both nice. Robert De'Niro nice, but shy. Helmut Newton got kicked off a movie set filming at the hotel but a Production Assistant, cause they thought he was a paparazzi.

I did see Katey Segall lose it a a bagel shop one day. She was freaking out about a bagel, then realized that I was watching. She turned and said "Sorry, I'm having low blood sugar"

Raquel Welch and Isabella Rosellini were two of the most beautiful women I've ever seen in my life. Especially when Raquel cries.

by Anonymousreply 143October 27, 2022 3:57 PM

We’re the German models male or female?

by Anonymousreply 144October 27, 2022 7:12 PM

[quote]We’re the German models

What are your names?

by Anonymousreply 145October 27, 2022 8:23 PM

R144 They were female.

by Anonymousreply 146October 27, 2022 8:54 PM

thought chris was very bi.....

by Anonymousreply 147October 31, 2022 2:14 PM

Chris went back into the closet the minute they cast him as Superman. He was quite the cock-tease at Julliard.

by Anonymousreply 148October 31, 2022 4:00 PM

R129 I had a totally different experience with him. I met him a few times and he was always very sweet and charming. My suspicion is that he's really shy or at least having a bad day.

by Anonymousreply 149October 31, 2022 5:19 PM

chris closet they call him bak in the day..... never had/has a g/f.

by Anonymousreply 150November 2, 2022 1:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!