Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Conservative media outlet The Daily Wire spent thousands on anti Amber Heard propaganda

Just so you know

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 22, 2022 11:21 PM

"I am more intelligent than other people so if their beliefs are different than mines, then they must be listening to propaganda ", typical leftist bullshit

by Anonymousreply 1May 21, 2022 10:14 PM

They don't have to. People of all political persuasions and backgrounds are eager to gang up on a whore.

And I don't mean "whore" as an insult but as a job description.

by Anonymousreply 2May 21, 2022 11:10 PM

Please tell me why I should give a damn about either one of these idiots. Amber is supposed to be a Libertarian. Surely she understands what "I don't care about your problems" means.

by Anonymousreply 3May 21, 2022 11:42 PM

This case is proving to be about way more than Depp and Heard, r3.

To my mind, it's sending a chilling message to victims of domestic violence.

by Anonymousreply 4May 21, 2022 11:49 PM

This doesn't really surprise me. YouTube is constantly pushing (presumably paid) right-wing garbage on me, even though I never click on it and clear out my history regularly. Lately they're constantly pushing Depp/Heard shit on me, so I figured there must be something about it that was getting conservatives agitated. I could not care less about any of it.

by Anonymousreply 5May 22, 2022 12:14 AM

Media manipulates, OP. Conservative media is the worst offender. Their anti-female agenda is on all fronts.

by Anonymousreply 6May 22, 2022 12:17 AM

I've watched the testimony. She's incredibly disingenuous and unbelievable. Are we to just "believe" her because she's a woman??

by Anonymousreply 7May 22, 2022 12:24 AM

OP, I'm confused. Are you upset because of partisan media manipulation or because it's right-wing media manipulation? It is pretty ironic you linked VICE of all things.

by Anonymousreply 8May 22, 2022 12:33 AM

I really wish DL would go to primetime 24/7

by Anonymousreply 9May 22, 2022 12:41 AM

R4 said: "To my mind, it's sending a chilling message to victims of domestic violence. "

I don't know what happened between those two, but I suspect they were both victims and perpetrators. Basically, the relationship was mutual combat or folie a deux.

I can't imagine someone truly in fear of their partner would literally shit his bed for spite. Plus, anyone who'd make the household staff clean her feces off the sheets is a pretty nasty piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 10May 22, 2022 1:17 AM

I forget who came up with the term "cobra and mongoose relationship", but I suspect it describes Depp and Heard's marriage rather nicely.

by Anonymousreply 11May 22, 2022 12:57 PM

Not surprising. The rightwing in the U.S. is focused entirely on culture wars and grievances, and they do a lot of their work via popular culture. They learned from GamerGate that marketing propaganda as entertainment news was effective, that's why so many gossip outlets now deal in Q and Q-adjacent nonsense. That's the Daily Mail's entire reason for existing.

The Depp-Heard case caught the attention of MRA and GamerGater types and the rightwing just jumped on to exploit it. They did the same with the Will Smith slap ("if the WOKE hadn't let BLACKS control the Oscars, this never would have happened") and they do it with Markle ("devious conniving WOKE mulatto who fakes claims of racism and wants to take down the entire monarchy"), as just two other examples off the top of my head.

The trolls will squeal like stuck pigs about my reply, but I'm right.

by Anonymousreply 12May 22, 2022 1:05 PM

I was about to question why the article didn't go into detail about WHY Daily Wire would spend all this money, but I see they did, sort of.

[quote]Jammi described identifying and weighing in on narratives with high engagement on social media as “a tried and true playbook that all the disinformation websites that pose as conservative websites are using now as part of their business model.”

[quote]The ongoing Depp-Heard case in Virginia has been low hanging fruit for such operations.

[quote]Heidi Beirich, co-founder of the Global Project Against Hate and Extremism said the Daily Wire “feeds into” misogynistic sentiments of its readership by attacking Amber Heard. "This particular publication is a very successful conduit of material from the far extremes and mainstreaming it into the conservative circles," she said.

Still, someone is paying for this. Who? Right wing financial backers? Depp's team?

by Anonymousreply 13May 22, 2022 1:10 PM

We need to stop #believingwahmen and instead should #believefacts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 22, 2022 3:31 PM

What connection does JD have to The Daily Wire. Were doing this on their own accord and if so for what purpose. JD is not right wing. There is something missing to this story.

by Anonymousreply 15May 22, 2022 3:34 PM

"Me too" dealt with sexual harassment, not domestic violence.

by Anonymousreply 16May 22, 2022 3:53 PM

R16 Harvey Weinstein, Matt Lauer and others who have been taken down since MeToo began are alleged rapists, not just workplace harassers.

by Anonymousreply 17May 22, 2022 4:12 PM

[quote]To my mind, it's sending a chilling message to victims of domestic violence.

How?

by Anonymousreply 18May 22, 2022 4:42 PM

Anyone who believes Amber Turd is an easy mark for a con artist.

by Anonymousreply 19May 22, 2022 4:43 PM

How the hell is a celebrity case in any way important or resonant to actual victims of domestic violence in bumfuck Indiana, or wherever? I hate this trickle down activism bullshit, and the vapid MeToo movement is the worst offender.

by Anonymousreply 20May 22, 2022 4:44 PM

R20 Maybe it will lead to people doing more research about the topic? Johnny could be the martyr of the poo-bed?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 22, 2022 4:57 PM

R12 Uuuuh HONEY?!? You do know that #Gamergate actually set the gold standard for #metoo accusations? So if you are really interested on how to make a believable-#believewomen accusation, you should check this vid out hun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 22, 2022 5:05 PM

R20, pumpkin, do keep up. If Depp wins this case, it means that ANY victim who accuses their abuser can be sued for defamation as soon as the claim is made. Of course, this is an important case for millions of abuse survivors in the US.

by Anonymousreply 23May 22, 2022 5:29 PM

"We need to stop #believingwahmen and instead should #believefacts."

Frankly, what's going on now is that all the people who make up their minds on emotional grounds are now siding with Depp,

They really *want* to believe Depp and not Heard, maybe because they think they "know" Depp, and partly because Heard is a gold-digger, and there's still a huge stigma attached to any form of sex work. Most of the people piling on Heard don't realize they're playing an old-fashioned game of "Pillory the Whore", but that's definitely a component of the public's change of heart.

by Anonymousreply 24May 22, 2022 10:51 PM

R24, how is she a gold digger when Depp have her $7 million for the domestic violence she endured? Has anyone actually read the UK court documents?

by Anonymousreply 25May 22, 2022 10:56 PM

Who the hell would be interested in Depp, except a gold-digger? He's a decayed old drunk with a nasty temper and an army of lawyers, the only thing he has to offer any potential spouse is money.

Frankly, Heard was a fool to marry him and not some other wealthy old creep, but then I never said she was any good at the gold-digging.

by Anonymousreply 26May 22, 2022 11:19 PM

[quote]JD is not right wing.

He'll turn rightwing if he loses this case, maybe even if he wins. The rightwingers are the ones supporting him online so he'll go where the support is. They always do.

by Anonymousreply 27May 22, 2022 11:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!