Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Monkey Pox spreading in London - PART TWO

Part one linked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600May 28, 2022 2:59 PM

All the hot whores will be disfigured! Revenge for all of them who have rejected me!

by Anonymousreply 1May 20, 2022 7:27 PM

Can people please NOT post pictures on this thread? I couldn’t read the last thread because I had to throw up with all the disgusting pictures.

by Anonymousreply 2May 20, 2022 7:28 PM

It's going to be obvious which whores will get it when they stop posting on social media or take a "hiatus" from OF collabs.

I already know nasty whores like Austin Wolf will probably get it as well as those NYC raw dump and go whores on twitter

by Anonymousreply 3May 20, 2022 7:34 PM

Will you adjust your behaviour? Until we understand it, I will. I don't want scab face for two months and to wear the scars after that. I'm no beauty either.

by Anonymousreply 4May 20, 2022 7:49 PM

thank you for this new thread

by Anonymousreply 5May 20, 2022 9:10 PM

[quote]Will you adjust your behaviour?

We will not let terrorists dicktate our behavior. That would mean they have won.

by Anonymousreply 6May 20, 2022 9:13 PM

Hello, some poor cunt sat next to an infected person on the plane and he got it!

by Anonymousreply 7May 20, 2022 9:14 PM

Another guy in France got it but he didn't even travel etc. It's spreading in the community now.

by Anonymousreply 8May 20, 2022 9:14 PM

Thank you OP, but now it's spreading EVERYWHERE so the next installment should have a different title.

by Anonymousreply 9May 20, 2022 9:17 PM

I don't want to leave the house now, (I didn't want to before) but now I dread having to go outside of my own yard.

by Anonymousreply 10May 20, 2022 9:59 PM

I’m with you, R10.

by Anonymousreply 11May 20, 2022 10:03 PM

Sorry, Sylvia! I wanted to make it recognizable.

Perhaps when we get to part three, it can be "Monkey Pox spreading everywhere - -Part Three."

by Anonymousreply 12May 20, 2022 10:09 PM

R5, thank you for your thanks.

by Anonymousreply 13May 20, 2022 10:10 PM

Everyones a bit of a pussy these days. 100 years ago you'd take your chances with smallpox, cholera, TB and typhoid walking out your door and people got on with their lives.

by Anonymousreply 14May 20, 2022 10:18 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 20, 2022 10:24 PM

R14 They got on with living their lives - except all the ones who got sick and died.

by Anonymousreply 16May 20, 2022 10:43 PM

Tally here. Currently 143 cases of confirmed + suspected across 11+ còuntries.

Apart from some, most have the sex listed. All are "male", apart from one suspected female.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 20, 2022 10:44 PM

R16 So what? People die every day. You could wake up dead tomorrow. Why is it not a big deal to die of a burger induced heart attack or in a car crash? Why is death by illness the only tragedy? Life is fucking risky!

by Anonymousreply 18May 20, 2022 10:45 PM

r17 that "female" is probably a trans-ylvanian

by Anonymousreply 19May 20, 2022 10:46 PM

R15 Imagine Covid... But instead of those selfish anti maskers and unvaccinated pigs the enemy was... US!

by Anonymousreply 20May 20, 2022 10:48 PM

R12, R9 does not own the disease threads, as fetishistic and Dolores Umbridge as it gets over them. You kindly created a new thread. Her loose screws do not constitute a style guide, just a disorder.

by Anonymousreply 21May 20, 2022 10:48 PM

R16 George Bernard Shaw, Who had ALL the childhood illnesses ( Measles, Whooping Cough, Scarlet Fever etc) and was exposed to TB and contracted smallpox despite having been vaccinated ( making a staunch antivaxxer thereafter.) Had plenty of experience being sick.

He died after he fell out of a tree at the age of 94.

by Anonymousreply 22May 20, 2022 11:05 PM

I look forward to Sauna Zero, directed by Pedro Almodovar, starring Penelope Cruz as the owner of a Madrid establishment which is “outed” and blamed for starting the monkeypox crisis.

by Anonymousreply 23May 20, 2022 11:07 PM

R22 These days people act like getting the flu is newsworthy. The average person 100 years ago would have laughed in Covid's fucking face. The fact that we exist is proof of that.

by Anonymousreply 24May 20, 2022 11:08 PM

R24 Try going bareback then. No prep for you since that’s not how they did it 100 years ago

by Anonymousreply 25May 20, 2022 11:38 PM

R25 You DO know HIV wasn't a thing 100 years ago right?

by Anonymousreply 26May 20, 2022 11:41 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27May 20, 2022 11:49 PM

Let's give R24 surgery without benefit of anesthetics or antibiotics too, since he loves to kick it old school.

by Anonymousreply 28May 21, 2022 1:14 AM

[quote] they have now uncovered a common theme among the infected — they all attended the same unnamed sauna. The word sauna is used in Spain to describe establishments popular with gay men looking for sex, as opposed to just a bathhouse.

Party at Ground Zero

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 21, 2022 1:32 AM

Already propaganda trolls on this board trying to inculcate a "do nothing. People die. So what?" attitude the exact same as they were here spreading "let it rip" messages on covid in Feb 2020.

Interesting that these memes show up so early here in their final form before being released on the public at large to become a giant brain worm preventing effective mitigation measures, isn't it?

Almost like some think tank somewhere using this board to test out their "arguments" and ideas on the discerning and educated audience here before selling these destructive concepts to the population at large.

by Anonymousreply 30May 21, 2022 1:34 AM

Everything bad comes from Africa...

by Anonymousreply 31May 21, 2022 1:43 AM

Africa and China. All the bird flies are from the commie cunts

by Anonymousreply 32May 21, 2022 2:07 AM

Not going to stop me from taking raw loads from my gorgeous bi married FB. If I get it I get it, but at least I will feel him cum oozing through my intestines as I pick at my scabs. Well worth it!

by Anonymousreply 33May 21, 2022 2:33 AM

r32 Russia maintains one of the world's largest smallpox vaccine and research sites.

Gay Widows targeting a protected but controversial demographic in order to drive a greater right/left divide, at another point of extreme tensions between radical right and radical left, in democratic nations with an exotic mutation that's now easier than ever to pass and no similar mutation never before appeared

Nah. sounds like a bad film. Next people will be saying covid escaped from a lab.

by Anonymousreply 34May 21, 2022 2:43 AM

r33

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 21, 2022 2:43 AM

After smallpox was declared eradicated, only a small amount of live virus was saved for future research. The samples were allegedly divided between the U.S. and the U.S.S.R. But that was 50 years ago and Russia has been through utter turmoil. Who knows what the real situation was then and now?

by Anonymousreply 36May 21, 2022 2:55 AM

r36

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 21, 2022 3:09 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 21, 2022 3:11 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 21, 2022 3:13 AM

ANALYSIS OF COMPLIANCE CONCERNS

The United States assesses that Russia maintains an offensive BW program and is in violation of its obligations under Articles I and II of the BWC. Article I of the BWC requires States Party “never in any circumstances to develop, produce, stockpile or otherwise acquire or …[r]etain microbial or other biological agents, or toxins whatever their origin or method of production, of types and in quantities that have no justification for prophylactic, protective or other peaceful purposes” and Article II requires States Party to “destroy, or to divert to peaceful purposes” the BW items specified in Article I of a past offensive program. While States Party to the BWC have a political commitment to report a past offensive program, since April 11, 1992, subsequent Russian CBM submissions have remained incomplete and misleading. Russia is providing an incomplete acknowledgment of the former Soviet program, a lack of evidence of the dismantlement or cessation of key activities, and continues its ongoing secrecy efforts (including both the military facilities noted above and legislation criminalizing any disclosure of information about the former Soviet program). As such, Russia has not fulfilled its obligations under Article II to “destroy or divert to peaceful purposes” the BW specified in Article I of the Convention that it inherited from the Soviet Union.

EFFORTS TO RESOLVE COMPLIANCE CONCERNS AND NEXT STEP

While there were no specific expert level consultations in 2020, on August 27, 2020 the United States added the 48th Central Scientific Research Institute, Kirov; 48th Central Scientific Research Institute, Sergiev Posad; and 48th Central Scientific Research Institute, Yekaterinburg – the key military biological facilities previously referenced – to the Entity List (Supplement No. 4 to part 744 of the Export Administration Regulations). These three entities have been determined by the U.S Government to be acting contrary to the national security or foreign policy interests of the United States. Specifically, the United States has reasonable cause to believe these institutes are Russian Ministry of Defense facilities associated with the Soviet and Russian biological weapons program.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 21, 2022 3:15 AM

Damn, R40, that’s a lot of words for my teensy brain to absorb.

by Anonymousreply 41May 21, 2022 3:17 AM

r41 The short of it. The US govt doesn't believe Russia has ever fully abandoned their biological warfare programs and that it remains a component of the Russian military. . . but the Russian govt refuses to acknolwedge it nor will allow other nations to confirm or deny.

by Anonymousreply 42May 21, 2022 3:21 AM

United States Air Force Center For Strategic Deterrence Studies

Interview with Dr. Alibek Kanatzhan "Kanat" Alibekov, known as Kenneth "Ken" Alibek In 1997, the Defense Special Weapons Agency hosted Dr. Ken Alibek to discuss the capabilities of the former Soviet Union’s biological weapons program.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43May 21, 2022 3:29 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44May 21, 2022 3:30 AM

[quote]McFadden said the genetic sequence of the monkeypox virus that has infected people in Europe looks relatively run-of-the-mill. That's a clue that human behavior, rather than inherent changes in the virus itself, might be driving the new cases.

[quote]"It could be just a simple, accidental chain, for example, into the gay community," McFadden said.

[quote]Viruses often transmit more easily within tight-knit groups of people. According to Global.health, a group that gathers infectious disease data, all of the recent monkeypox cases [bold]for which gender[/bold] has been reported have been male.

[quote]"You could imagine one person had it and, if they’re part of a small, intimate group of people, could have spread it amongst those connections," said Dr. David Evans, a virologist at the University of Alberta.

Good god, what does gender have to do with this? Whether someone prefers short hair or wears a suit is irrelevant to epidemiology research. This is about SEX, not gender. Gender ideology has now infiltrated and skewed all reality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 21, 2022 3:35 AM

I'll add that the liberal city that is home to my alma mater was one of the earliest developer (along with the university of a COVID dashboard to track infection an death rates in the state. One filtering criteria was "gender" which tells us nothing about whether rates of infection or death were influenced by biological sex — just each case's reported "gender". Data is being rendered meaningless.

by Anonymousreply 46May 21, 2022 3:38 AM

r45 some could say the same with sexuality... remember all the outcry when covid was associated with china/chinese for the threat of hate crimes. But apparently gay men are fair game.

We've had other strains of monkeypox worldwide. . . but most people were unaware, so now they believe it's a gay disease and the paralllels in how information is spreading is rather akin to the g.r.i.d. era of hiv/aids. . .

of course, when it comes to data... it's been rendered useless for decades because of the differences of how nations perceive race -using race rather than ethnicity or other identifiers- and also, politics getting in the mix, again, as an alleged means to protect certain population from medical and research bias or external racism and discrimination. Personally, I blame the infilitration of feminism and intersectional feminism being treated as legitimate sciences and that extends to the greater problems of social sciences as a whole with not only questionable categories but often faulty and subjective research.

Similar problems befell the trans front when dysphoria was removed as well as the previous criteria standard. . . although, I'm fairly certain you're more upset about the evil trannies than you actually care about data. When it moved from medical and psychiatric to sociopolitical novelty. The same kind of novelty that many of those offended by the mere existence of transgender people utilize misrepresent to wage their moral crusades on that demographic like the numerous religious nutters now embracing monkeypox as g0d's vengeance upon gay men.

by Anonymousreply 47May 21, 2022 3:51 AM

Welcome to the era of hazmat sex boys!

by Anonymousreply 48May 21, 2022 3:52 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49May 21, 2022 4:28 AM

Yup. they confirmed that the guy in NYC has it!

by Anonymousreply 50May 21, 2022 4:28 AM

Should we be scared?

by Anonymousreply 51May 21, 2022 4:32 AM

something isn't right. The experts said you don't get this virus easily...

Yet so many people are getting it.

I think this has been weaponized.

I just wonder how they are gonna spin this.

by Anonymousreply 52May 21, 2022 4:38 AM

It seems to have come out of a major sex party.

by Anonymousreply 53May 21, 2022 4:45 AM

Since the incubation period is up to 21 days, three weeks from now should be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 54May 21, 2022 4:53 AM

Three weeks from now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55May 21, 2022 5:02 AM

NYC patient tests positive for virus related to monkeypox

Two patients had been under investigation by the city’s health department for possibly carrying the virus, which has been spreading around the western world “within sexual networks”, according to officials.

One possible case of monkeypox in the city was ruled out, while the other person tested positive for “Orthopoxvirus, the family of viruses to which monkeypox belongs,” the health department said in a statement.

“As a precaution, any New Yorkers who experience flu-like illness with swelling of the lymph nodes and rashes on the face and body should contact their health care provider,” New York City health officials wrote in a press release.

“Monkeypox is rare but can spread through close contact with an infected person or animal. This includes via respiratory droplets – usually after prolonged contact — body fluids or other forms of close contact, such as sharing clothes or other materials that have been used by someone who is infectious.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56May 21, 2022 5:04 AM

Can masks protect you from it?

by Anonymousreply 57May 21, 2022 5:07 AM

Russian agents infiltrated that Dutch fetish orgy and seeded it with pox.

by Anonymousreply 58May 21, 2022 5:08 AM

I have no doubt this is a deliberate act.

by Anonymousreply 59May 21, 2022 5:17 AM

People in the 80s said AIDS was created by the US government or the CIA to kill blacks and gays. There was never any evidence at all, in fact plenty to the contrary.

by Anonymousreply 60May 21, 2022 5:19 AM

I'm afraid of getting the homonkey pox. I like same-sex sex. How do I avoid it?

by Anonymousreply 61May 21, 2022 5:19 AM

If it's in NY city, it's everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 62May 21, 2022 5:20 AM

A full body condom can be an erotic experience.

by Anonymousreply 63May 21, 2022 5:20 AM

I believe this is a bio weapon. All bets are off now

by Anonymousreply 64May 21, 2022 5:56 AM

A bio weapon placed squarely in the gay community? I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 65May 21, 2022 6:02 AM

I wonder if all the Covid cases weakened immune systems allowing monkeypox to spread so easily. I found articles about how monkeypox was found in Texas last year and the UK back in 2018. But nothing ever came of it.

by Anonymousreply 66May 21, 2022 6:25 AM

R57, if it can be spread via respiratory droplets then I imagine if you are in a crowded space -perhaps on a busy train, bus, in a club etc - and sitting or standing close to an infected person there would be some degree of risk which wearing a mask might mitigate. Probably worth the precaution until they know more.

by Anonymousreply 67May 21, 2022 6:31 AM

BUSSY CLOSED FOR BUSINESS

by Anonymousreply 68May 21, 2022 6:34 AM

This was deliberate. We under attack.

by Anonymousreply 69May 21, 2022 6:41 AM

[quote] A massive party in the town of Maspalomas, on the island of Gran Canaria, held between May 5 and 15 and attended by nearly 80,000 people, has become the second focus of the monkeypox outbreak in Spain , have confirmed health sources. The meeting was attended by several of the positive cases diagnosed in recent days in Madrid, two or three young Italian men whose infection has been confirmed in Rome and at least one case investigated on the island itself, according to these sources. [...]

[quote] This is the second major focus of the monkeypox outbreak located in Spain in recent days. The first is a place called Sauna Paraíso, located in the Malasaña neighborhood of Madrid, which was closed yesterday by the Ministry of Health. The regional counselor, Enrique Ruiz Escudero, linked the establishment with "the majority" of the cases registered in the Community. [...]

[quote] In addition to the confirmed cases, until eight in the afternoon this Friday it has transpired that Madrid has another 15 under investigation with symptoms compatible with the disease, the Canary Islands, two, and other communities such as Andalusia, Galicia, Catalonia, the Basque Country and Extremadura one. each. In this last community it is a woman, according to the information offered by the Board.

[quote] [...] Andrea Antinori, director of the Viral Immunodeficiency Unit at the Spallanzani Institute, recalled that monkeypox "is not a sexually transmitted disease because contagion occurs through close contact, such as that which occurs during sexual intercourse, but not only in them”. The most common route of infection is through thick drops of saliva or by contact with fluids such as the pustules that cause the disease.

[quote] The evolution of monkeypox is favorable in almost all cases suffered by healthy people. The incubation of the virus usually lasts between 6 and 13 days, although it can last up to 21. The symptoms begin to manifest with fever, headache and muscle pain, fatigue and swollen glands. One to three days later, the skin rash appears with small blisters that grow, fill with pus, and then scab over. When these dry up and fall off, which usually takes one to three weeks, the person is no longer contagious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 21, 2022 7:29 AM

r65 Why not? It's one of the demographics the media has no problem naming as superspreaders... and given how many feel homosexuality is still taboo or at least, outside of the preferred norm, it makes a good smokescreen.

The damage is already done with how the greater public are discussing it now... despite leaving in age with the greatest availability of information and research at their fingertips.. they fall back on stigma, hysteria and bias.

They won't accept factual information on it or its history because the sociocultural undercurrents of homophobia remain deeply embedded in the psyche. . . even more so as we see the radical polarization in politics around the western world.

If you search for monkeypox on social media you'll get more hits for this type of ignorance than any other aspect.

Personally, I like the conspiracy theories even if I remain skeptical because people who think it's terrorists are less likely to consider my sexuality a viable threat to their lives. . .

by Anonymousreply 71May 21, 2022 8:19 AM

𝑶𝒓𝒈𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒛𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒂 𝒇𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒔𝒉 𝒇𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒂𝒍 𝒊𝒏 𝑩𝒆𝒍𝒈𝒊𝒖𝒎 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒆𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒆 to monkeypox after public health officials linked three cases to the event that recently concluded in Antwerp.

The Darklands Festival posted the notice on its website on Friday, the same day Belgian public health officials confirmed cases of the rare viral disease. The announcement comes amid growing concern from scientists about the spread of monkeypox, which is commonly found in tropical rainforests in Central and West Africa, and is now being reported in Europe.

Darklands is a four-day event catered toward gay men that includes a daytime festival, several nighttime parties, as well as education and shopping that features "an extraordinary selection for fetish retailers at the gear market," according to its website. The festival concluded on May 9.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72May 21, 2022 8:34 AM

Datalounge's misanthropic never-fucked shut-ins are grateful for another good excuse to continued their unfilled lives of high anxiety.

by Anonymousreply 73May 21, 2022 8:51 AM

Here's a horrifying side note. Link in next post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74May 21, 2022 8:59 AM

full post

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75May 21, 2022 8:59 AM

Further proof what a bad idea tattoos are.

by Anonymousreply 76May 21, 2022 9:09 AM

So when I make my trips to the dark continent I have to be careful off diseases other than AIDS?

by Anonymousreply 77May 21, 2022 9:25 AM

Conspiracy theorists are saying the AstraZeneca COVID vaccine caused this because it uses chimpanzee poop or something.

by Anonymousreply 78May 21, 2022 10:56 AM

Now watch all the teenage girls with short hair and dumb names re-identify as female.

by Anonymousreply 79May 21, 2022 11:05 AM

Can the US please at least roll out the vaccine to gay/bi men? They know we’re most at risk.

by Anonymousreply 80May 21, 2022 11:08 AM

I think that will happen if this disease really takes off. It's called ring fencing.

by Anonymousreply 81May 21, 2022 11:11 AM

That's not ring fencing. Ring fencing is vaccinating the people identified as exposed to a confirmed case, by doing contact tracing. It may be a little tougher, to be frank, because I don't know he was just some guy I sucked off isn't really useful information for tracking people down.

There will be challenges at bringing the outbreak under control as it's summer and it's spreading through those carefree penises with brains that are us.

If the article below is right, the frustrating thing is monkey pox isn't contagious before symptoms appear. It still spreads primarily through respiratory drops and then through contact with the skin or direct contact with the pus. So either you've got people with really mild symptoms (which doesn't seem to be likely) spreading it via respiratory or people going out sick and spreading it through respiratory.

It's 2022, morons. If you feel sick stay the fuck home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82May 21, 2022 11:39 AM

Speculation, but maybe people paid money for long awaited breaks at Euro sex resorts and international fetish parties and they refused to stay home when they felt ill.

by Anonymousreply 83May 21, 2022 11:42 AM

The point is we know it's a (slightly) elevated risk in the gay community and some caution would aid the breaking of chain. Between human nature being what it is ("it won't happen to me"), COVID fatigue and the name calling within the gay community (between sex positives and sex negatives), it's going to be an uphill battle. It's lucky the thing spreads slowly.

by Anonymousreply 84May 21, 2022 11:49 AM

[quote] Can the US please at least roll out the vaccine to gay/bi men?

Trans persons of color must be served first as partial reparations for Milton Berle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85May 21, 2022 11:56 AM

They’ve already set the narrative that gay men spread it, so when it hits the playgrounds and the Fraus get angry we can look forward to some f@gbashings from their knuckle-dragging hubbies.

by Anonymousreply 86May 21, 2022 1:07 PM

The picture in the NYpost looks like a woman’s hand.

by Anonymousreply 87May 21, 2022 1:17 PM

So I've been fucking my married super for the past six months. We were supposed to hook up this morning, but then he called me out of the blue and suggested that we cool it for a while until this monkey pox thing blows over. So I'm basically lubed up and nowhere to go. I hate grindr, so that's not a good alternative. I was thinking about heading to the gym and seeing what I can scrounge up in the sauna, but that just seems so tacky. Any suggestions for primed and ready bottom?

by Anonymousreply 88May 21, 2022 1:23 PM

R88 put on your best caftan, rub some banana peels on your bussy, head down to the Zoo and stand by the gorilla cage and wink seductively. It might get you a mainline to the monkeypox you so desire.

by Anonymousreply 89May 21, 2022 1:27 PM

Several patients in The Netherlands have now been diagnosed with it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90May 21, 2022 2:04 PM

R63 = Lt. Frank Drebin

by Anonymousreply 91May 21, 2022 2:04 PM

I'm going for a lap dance tonight. I need to touch young firm flesh and drink in their musky scent. Nothing short of an earthquake is going to stop me. NOTHING. If I get the pox, so be it. It will have been well worth it.

by Anonymousreply 92May 21, 2022 2:18 PM

Do we really need to be told not to fuck people with pustules all over their body at this stage in human history?

by Anonymousreply 93May 21, 2022 2:36 PM

Unless people are using forceps and wearing a headlamp to investigate the hole they're about to invade, then yes.

by Anonymousreply 94May 21, 2022 2:42 PM

they can be infectious BEFORE the spots/rashes show up!!

by Anonymousreply 95May 21, 2022 2:56 PM

[quote]Do we really need to be told not to fuck people with pustules all over their body at this stage in human history?

Fabulous + penis x Molly

by Anonymousreply 96May 21, 2022 3:08 PM

R95 is correct. During the incubation period, there are no symptoms and the person is not contagious. In the next phase, the person develops symptoms such as headaches and swollen lymph nodes—things that could be signs of practically anything. During this phase, the person is now contagious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97May 21, 2022 3:11 PM

Right but the point is they are not contagious before they feel unwell.

You are a total moron and selfish fool in 2022 if you're close to others with symptoms like fever, headache, muscle aches, swollen glands, chills and exhaustion.

by Anonymousreply 98May 21, 2022 3:15 PM

This will eventually be contained and ultimately turn out to be a nothing burger. It doesn't spread easily, as COVID does, so the transmission rate will be low. The people who contract this will be successfully treated, and the story will disappear from the news in a few weeks. Now back to your regularly scheduled COVID hysteria.

by Anonymousreply 99May 21, 2022 3:19 PM

Oh great…another new disease which is basically harmless for SylviaFowler to have hysterical seizures over

Has ElderLez commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 100May 21, 2022 4:23 PM

I really wish it would be gone soon but there are lots of pride parades and celebrations and meat festivals etc right now and around the corner...

this will be with us for rest of the year

by Anonymousreply 101May 21, 2022 5:05 PM

I’m starting to suspect that this was a deliberate act targeting gay men by the Russians.

by Anonymousreply 102May 21, 2022 5:11 PM

The Russians hate the western culture!

by Anonymousreply 103May 21, 2022 5:15 PM

[quote]You are a total moron and selfish fool in 2022 if you're close to others with symptoms like fever, headache, muscle aches, swollen glands, chills and exhaustion.

Unfortunately, the last two-and-a-half years have demonstrated that a whole bunch of humanity qualifies for the "moron and selfish fool" label.

by Anonymousreply 104May 21, 2022 5:26 PM

[quote]Has ElderLez commented yet?

Not that I'm aware of but you can pretty much skip the wait if you imagine the last twenty minutes of Titanic, dumped at the altar after the processional and puppies abandoned in a dumpster.

by Anonymousreply 105May 21, 2022 5:29 PM

[quote] Oh great…another new disease which is basically harmless for SylviaFowler to have hysterical seizures over

You have to wonder what kind of job this person has to have to believe that a face covered in lesion scars is no biggie.

Stock room? Mail room? Janitor?

by Anonymousreply 106May 21, 2022 5:52 PM

I love how everyone is so fast to blame Russia, but when people tried to theorize the China lab leak, it was 'racist'.

by Anonymousreply 107May 21, 2022 6:43 PM

R107 anyone who expresses any opinion with reason is a heretic

by Anonymousreply 108May 21, 2022 6:46 PM

[quote] Stock room? Mail room? Janitor?

R106 Even worse -- DataLounge Hall Monitor!

by Anonymousreply 109May 21, 2022 6:49 PM

A good explainer thread about where we are. Clarifies a lot but doesn't really say where we're going. It's not good, it's not end of days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110May 21, 2022 8:15 PM

The gal in R110’s link claims that most of the spread can be traced to “recent events in Western Europe.” I’m pretty sure Eurovision will be added to that list in a few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 111May 21, 2022 8:53 PM

now in Toronto

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112May 22, 2022 12:43 AM

People poo pooed Covid when it first emerged in 2019

by Anonymousreply 113May 22, 2022 12:58 AM

LOL! Good luck with that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114May 22, 2022 1:01 AM

What happens if you get COVID and MPox at the same time? That's got to be a recipe for death, or at least long-term post-viral health issues. I don't want to leave my house. EVER.

by Anonymousreply 115May 22, 2022 1:32 AM

Why do they keep up with this "had recent contact with" bullshit. No, some irresponsible man who can't control himself needed to fuck strangers during a pandemic and, now, a fucking monkeypox epidemic. That's the truth. Fucking assholes...literally.

by Anonymousreply 116May 22, 2022 2:08 AM

R107 it is about economic might. Poor Ebola...

by Anonymousreply 117May 22, 2022 3:07 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 118May 22, 2022 3:17 AM

Chem trails

by Anonymousreply 119May 22, 2022 3:41 AM

“Essentially, we face two options,” Hammer said. “Either the virus is inherently different now or perhaps our susceptibility to it has changed. Alternatively, it could just be that we have an encountered a perfect storm of conditions that have allowed the virus to spread this way. I think the latter scenario is the more likely one.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120May 22, 2022 3:58 AM

Stop your hysteria.

The vast majority of Dataloungers are too old, socially retarded, and impotent to fuck…so they’re not in any danger.

by Anonymousreply 121May 22, 2022 4:05 AM

What if a SLUT rubs against me at Whole Foods?

by Anonymousreply 122May 22, 2022 4:10 AM

^Speak for yourself, bitch! I just got back from an adult video store, where I swallowed two raw loads, one from a married trucker who had his rig parked outside the store, the other from a preppy straight DILF type. If I get the monkey pox, I intend to get it doing what I love and do best. Nothing and no one will stop me.

by Anonymousreply 123May 22, 2022 4:14 AM

Attagirl ^

by Anonymousreply 124May 22, 2022 4:19 AM

I was that married trucker. My cock now resembles a blistered chipolata.

by Anonymousreply 125May 22, 2022 4:32 AM

r123 WHORES!!

by Anonymousreply 126May 22, 2022 4:42 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127May 22, 2022 4:48 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128May 22, 2022 4:48 AM

Panic vs Prevention: Should we worry about Monkeypox outbreak? Is Monkeypox contagious? Should we worry about Monkeypox outbreak? How to stay healthy in a post-pandemic world? For a better discussion on this, we're joined by Dr. Julian Tang, Dr. Angelique Coetzee, Prof. Manfred Green.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129May 22, 2022 4:50 AM

Of course it is being spread by fucking at gay festivals and sex venues, in the vast majority of cases! To suggest otherwise is denialism. There are cases from casual contact but these are currently outliers.

by Anonymousreply 130May 22, 2022 4:52 AM

No cases of monkeypox in Russia, health minister says Russian Health Minister Mikhail Murashko told reporters on Saturday during his work trip to Belgorod

BELGOROD, May 21. /TASS/. No cases of monkeypox have been recorded in Russia so far, Russian Health Minister Mikhail Murashko told reporters on Saturday during his work trip to Belgorod.

"There are no cases [of monkeypox] in Russia," the minister stated.

Murashko said that if an infected person seeks medical assistance, Russian doctors will be able to identify the infection and provide the necessary treatment.

"Doctors will be able to identify [monkey] pox and treat it. The required medication therapy is available at medical institutions," the minister said.

"There are treatment methods, but it is of paramount importance to timely seek diagnosis," he said.

Some Russians are immune to monkeypox thanks to the mandatory smallpox vaccination carried out in the Soviet Union until 1980, Health Minister Mikhail Murashko told reporters on Saturday.

"The smallpox vaccination was mandatory before 1980, so we have a certain pool of immune population," he said during his work trip to Belgorod.

The minister pointed out that monkeypox is similar to respiratory infections in terms of transmission and symptoms, but skin manifestations are a distinctive feature.

"Russia has diagnosticums, which were registered in 2017, so it is not difficult to make a diagnosis both clinically and in laboratories," he said adding that test systems were among them.

. A smallpox vaccine can ensure safe protect against the monkeypox, since there is no specific vaccine against this disease, Natalia Pshenichnaya, deputy director of the Central Research Institute of Epidemiology, said on Friday.

"There is no specific vaccine against monkeypox but a smallpox vaccine can protect against this infection," she said.

(can you guess who has stockpile of the vaccine)

She said that although potentially serious, monkeypox is quite a rare disease. Its symptoms include fever, intoxication, lymph-node hyperplasia, and subsequent rash. The disease lasts for up to four weeks.

Monkeypox is transmitted from animals to humans. "For instance, in Central and West Africa, where smallpox is an endemic disease, people can contract it via bites and scratches from rodents and small mammals, and via contacts with products of animal origin. The virus is transmitted from human to human in rare cases, through contacts with biological liquids of the infected individual, via objects contaminated by infected liquids, or by airborne transmission during a long close contact with the infected person (face to face)," Pshenichnaya said.

It is recommended to wear face masks during and wash hands after close contacts with people who arrived from territories where monkeypox cases were confirmed. "The risks of importing monkeypox in Russia are quite low due to the restricted air service. In addition, all possible measures are being taken to prevent imported cases of the diseases," she stressed.

The monkeypox virus, which was detected in several European countries in April-May, has reached other continents. All in all, at least 11 countries have reported monkeypox cases, namely Spain, Portugal, the United Kingdom, Belgium, Italy, France, Germany, Sweden, Canada, the United States, and Australia.

by Anonymousreply 131May 22, 2022 4:55 AM

If I lived in Hell's Kitchen at the moment, I'd be a nervous wreck, what with all those whores overrunning the area. I'd be afraid to leave my apartment. Thankfully I live in an area where the gays have morals.

by Anonymousreply 132May 22, 2022 5:05 AM

A DOCTOR has issued a horror warning over monkeypox, urging the public to be cautious and "get some N95 masks while you can" to protect themselves.

The physician from the US state of Missouri, who goes by the Twitter handle Jaferdian MD, has raised the alarm at the terrifying risks an outbreak of monkeypox poses. He has urged people to protect themselves as best as possible and warned about the horror outcome that could come as a result of the same kind of opposition seen to measures to protect against COVID-19. His tweet reads: “So you think masks will help?

"Yes, I do. Get some N95s while you can."

”If monkeypox spreads, I think I’m leaving medicine.

“I’m not exposing myself to a disease with 10 percent mortality because this country of selfish f*** refuses to mask or get vaccines when they’re available.

“Make whatever health choices you want. My choice will be to leave.”

by Anonymousreply 133May 22, 2022 5:09 AM

A crutch to continue to prejudice': Montreal's LGBTQ community fears stigma from monkeypox

Experts, advocates draw parallels to AIDS crisis, say monkeypox feels like déjà vu

David Hawkins wasn't alive during the height of the AIDS crisis in the mid-1980s, but decades later, his organization is still working on dispelling harmful myths associated with the disease.

"All these years later, it is still seen as being the gay disease, and it's stuff like that that people still point to as the reason for the blood ban for men who have sex with men to donate blood ... We're still fighting that," said the executive director of Montreal's West Island LGBTQ2+ Centre.

Now, LGBTQ advocacy groups and experts are concerned about another wave of discrimination hitting the community as several countries, including most recently Canada, are confirming cases of monkeypox, which has so far been identified mainly among men who have had sexual relations with other men.

"The risk and the fear that this is going to be used to stigmatize against the LGBTQ2+ community further, I think that that fear is very real for a lot of people, and I think it's very well-founded in history," said Hawkins.

Five cases of monkeypox have been confirmed in Quebec — the first such cases in the country — and 20 cases in the province are under investigation.

"We're still recovering from the stigma that came with HIV and AIDS as a community ... This risk is also potentially there for monkeypox if that continues to be a trend," he said.

Ken Monteith, the executive director of Quebec's network of AIDS organizations (COCQ-SIDA), shares Hawkins's concerns, saying this virus feels like déjà vu.

"It just underlines the experience we had with HIV ... We have a bad tendency to attach blame and attach shame to diseases," he said.

Monteith said the danger of stigma in relation to a health problem is that "if people are afraid to be identified with a particular group, then they might not go get tested and they might be transmitting."

Until now, monkeypox outbreaks have been limited mostly to central and western Africa, but in recent weeks, cases have been identified in Canada, the U.S., the U.K., Portugal and Spain

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134May 22, 2022 5:13 AM

[quote] No cases of monkeypox in Russia, health minister says Russian Health Minister Mikhail Murashko

That likely is true. If the West is boycotting Russia then carriers of this new plague can't easily visit Russia. Fortuitous for Putin.

by Anonymousreply 135May 22, 2022 5:14 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136May 22, 2022 5:21 AM

“What seems to be happening now is that it has got into the population as a sexual form, as a genital form, and is being spread as are sexually transmitted infections, which has amplified its transmission around the world,” WHO official David Heymann, an infectious disease specialist, told Reuters.

by Anonymousreply 137May 22, 2022 5:27 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138May 22, 2022 5:31 AM

[quote]“What seems to be happening now is that it has got into the population as a sexual form, as a genital form, and is being spread as are sexually transmitted infections, which has amplified its transmission around the world,” WHO official David Heymann, an infectious disease specialist, told Reuters.

Lovely. *sigh*

by Anonymousreply 139May 22, 2022 5:31 AM

You know this could all be over if everyone just stops having sex for only 3-4 weeks. Imagine if people put the community and others ahead of their need to get off? It won't happen because too many people are utterly self centred, or too airheaded to follow the news.

by Anonymousreply 140May 22, 2022 5:39 AM

This is supposed to also be transmissable via contaminated clothing or bedding. Have a pustule ooze onto fabric, come into contact with that fabric, and you could come down with it.

Remember the smallpox-infected blankets given to the Indians to kill them off? Could be something similar with this, either through carelessness (most likely, imo) or design.

by Anonymousreply 141May 22, 2022 5:46 AM

r139 Gay men were warned about this but they decided fulls team ahead with Prep and raw sex. Anyone against it was a "prude" or "killjoy" Time to reap what was sowed.

by Anonymousreply 142May 22, 2022 6:08 AM

MARY ^

by Anonymousreply 143May 22, 2022 6:13 AM

R133 leave where? To where?

by Anonymousreply 144May 22, 2022 6:16 AM

Don't care. I am going on with my load intake.

by Anonymousreply 145May 22, 2022 6:16 AM

Does anyone know what percentage of people get the pustules? And are they inevitably scarring? (I did try to find answers, no luck.)

I just read they are using smallpox treatments to treat this.

I do not go to festivals nor do I have multiple sex partners but I will stampede anyone in my way to get a vaccine.

Love my ageing but well-preserved looks.

by Anonymousreply 146May 22, 2022 6:22 AM

I am not overly worried about dying from this, because the stats are apparently on my side, but I do worry about being horribly scarred, especially on my face.

by Anonymousreply 147May 22, 2022 6:24 AM

r142 Going to join a religious cult and exclaim the homos are facing g-d's wrath now?

Or perhaps we can highlight what the body has become in the last twenty years screaming how aids was once a reason for gay men to act up but conemned poc women to suffering despite gay men still being on the front line and the primary targets of bias.

Really, this whole reaping what they sow...

When in fucking history do you think they haven't heard all this?

Perhaps when they were splitting lads from crotch to head?

Or the ongoing slaughter around the world...

Which point would you like to discuss, dear?

by Anonymousreply 148May 22, 2022 6:33 AM

Just stay home and avoid crowded places for 2 months ffs.

by Anonymousreply 149May 22, 2022 6:35 AM

It's official: WHO says it is being spread by extreme sexual promiscuity, with some also from simple "close physical contact". But it's the fucking: the saunas, the sex parties, the fuck-fests.

by Anonymousreply 150May 22, 2022 6:40 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151May 22, 2022 6:41 AM

Health chiefs are also monitoring six people who sat near a case on a flight from Nigeria to the UK on May 4, although the risk they caught the virus is 'low'.

Canada yesterday declared it had detected two cases of the virus, and was monitoring another 17, with many linked to the American patient.

The individuals are men between 30 and 50 years old, who have sex with other men.

by Anonymousreply 152May 22, 2022 6:42 AM

I have nothing to worry about then.

by Anonymousreply 153May 22, 2022 6:44 AM

Until this worldwide outbreak, monkeypox was usually caught from infected animals in west and central Africa.

The tropical virus is thought to be spread by rodents, including rats, mice and even squirrels.

Humans can catch the illness — which comes from the same family as smallpox — if they're bitten by infected animals, or touch their blood, bodily fluids, or scabs.

Consuming contaminated wild game or bush meat can also spread the virus.

The orthopoxvirus can enter the body through broken skin — even if it's not visible, as well as the eyes, nose and mouth.

Despite being mainly spread by wild animals, it was known that monkeypox could be passed on between people.

by Anonymousreply 154May 22, 2022 6:44 AM

Human-to-human spread can occur if someone touches clothing or bedding used by an infected person, or through direct contact with the virus' tell-tale scabs.

The virus can also spread through coughs and sneezes.

In the ongoing surge in cases, experts think the virus is passing through skin-to-skin contact during sex — even though this exact mechanism has never been seen until now.

by Anonymousreply 155May 22, 2022 6:44 AM

What are the symptoms?

It can take up to three weeks for monkeypox-infected patients to develop any of its tell-tale symptoms.

Early signs of the virus include a fever, headache, muscle aches, backache, swollen lymph nodes, chills and exhaustion — meaning it could, theoretically, be mistaken for other common illnesses.

But its most unusual feature is a rash that often begins on the face, then spreads to other parts of the body, commonly the hands and feet.

The rash changes and goes through different stages before finally forming a scab, which later falls off.

by Anonymousreply 156May 22, 2022 6:45 AM

I'm moving cities in 2 weeks and I'm not stopping my whoring for anything. If I catch it, I catch it.

by Anonymousreply 157May 22, 2022 6:46 AM

Your face is going to look like a 'blister and three cheese' pizza.

by Anonymousreply 158May 22, 2022 6:57 AM

Maybe gay men should stop fulfilling the fucking stereotypes for five damn minutes of their existence, ya know, just during a pandemic and now monkeypox epidemic.

by Anonymousreply 159May 22, 2022 7:15 AM

Which closeted celebrity is going to get outed by a case of monkey pox?

by Anonymousreply 160May 22, 2022 7:31 AM

Mayor Eric Adams not worried about monkeypox spreading in NYC

Reading de Blasio's script from early 2000

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161May 22, 2022 7:37 AM

Rudy Giuliani was Mayor in 2000.

by Anonymousreply 162May 22, 2022 9:06 AM

Once this mainlines into the NYC slut community, it will be like a bomb going off.

by Anonymousreply 163May 22, 2022 9:32 AM

One coal burning whore has doomed us all.

by Anonymousreply 164May 22, 2022 10:19 AM

Eric Adams is going to show up with it, you wait and see. This is not a comment on his race, but, rather, his sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 165May 22, 2022 11:08 AM

This is why we can't have naked things.

by Anonymousreply 166May 22, 2022 11:29 AM

[quote]In the ongoing surge in cases, experts think the virus is passing through skin-to-skin contact during sex — even though this exact mechanism has never been seen until now.

But it makes a certain amount of sense, except for one part. What is closer contact, skin-to-skin, than sex? I mean, if you can get it from changing the bedding you are damn sure gonna get it during humpy pumpy.

What I don't get is how you think yeah, that's a lesion, but I'm gonna have sex anyway, what could possibly go wrong? And conversely, mmmm, he's hot if you don't look at the lesion.

by Anonymousreply 167May 22, 2022 11:31 AM

R167 I developed a very bad case of chicken pox as an adult.

The first blister was along the elastic of my undergarment, and I thought it was just from chafing/heat rash. It wasn't until 3 days later that the full outbreak occurred.

During that time, I had few other symptoms.

by Anonymousreply 168May 22, 2022 11:48 AM

r167 see r97...you can become contagious before the rash starts. That's why its proliferating, people don't know they have it. Im sure just like COVID the government will wait until its a health crisis to develop testing.

by Anonymousreply 169May 22, 2022 11:52 AM

Will TikTok teens be able to identify in and out of a positive Monkeypox diagnosis? Like if they are covered in huge facial pocks can they identify as negative if they want to go to the mall, and can bored upper middle class white girls identify into high infection to get attention and piss off their parents?

by Anonymousreply 170May 22, 2022 11:53 AM

Dr Claire Dewsnap, the president of the British Association for Sexual Health and HIV, has voiced concern about how the viral infection could affect services as staff who come into contact with sufferers are forced to isolate.

She told the BBC that clinic staff were already under significant pressure before monkeypox was identified. “It is already stretching the workforce and will have a massive impact if staff have to isolate if they are in close contact with someone who’s infected,” she said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171May 22, 2022 12:10 PM

Anyone cancelled their summer travel plans to Europe yet?

by Anonymousreply 172May 22, 2022 12:19 PM

[quote]But it's the fucking: the saunas, the sex parties, the fuck-fests.

Just in time to provide the Republicans with an opportunity to demonize gay men during their midterm campaigns.

by Anonymousreply 173May 22, 2022 12:22 PM

R169, that CDC link plainly says you are not contagious until you've got the rash and the lesions. My italics.

"Infection with monkeypox virus begins with an [italic]incubation[/italic] period. [italic]A person is not contagious during this period.[/italic]

Incubation period averages 7−14 days but can range from 5−21 days.

A person does not have symptoms and may feel fine.

Prodrome

[italic]Persons with monkeypox will develop an early set of symptoms (prodrome). [/italic] A person may sometimes be contagious during this period.

The first symptoms include fever, malaise, headache, sometimes sore throat and cough, and lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes). Lymphadenopathy is a distinguishing feature of monkeypox from smallpox.

This typically occurs with fever onset, 1–2 days before rash onset, or rarely with rash onset.

Lymph nodes may swell in the neck (submandibular & cervical), armpits (axillary), or groin (inguinal) and occur on both sides of the body or just one. Rash

Following the prodrome, lesions will develop in the mouth and on the body. Lesions progress through several stages before falling off. A person is contagious from the onset of the enanthem through the scab stage."

After the last two years, anyone going out with symptoms of malaise, headache, sore throat, cough, a sore neck, fever or rash is either a fool or selfish. And even more so now we know what's going around.

by Anonymousreply 174May 22, 2022 12:34 PM

The EU governments should provide sexual health clinics with Ebola-level PPE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175May 22, 2022 12:43 PM

R174, it's not just stupidity, though. A lot of people have to go to work no matter what, they can't take time off. Others don't feel that they should, or can afford to, go to the doctor with nonspecific cold or flu-like symptoms. People in the U.S. are conditioned to push on no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 176May 22, 2022 1:10 PM

It doesn’t transmit from person to person as readily, and because it is related to the smallpox virus, there are already treatments and vaccines on hand for curbing its spread. So while scientists are concerned, because any new viral behaviour is worrying — they are not panicked.

Unlike SARS-CoV-2, which can spread asymptomatically, monkeypox does not usually go unnoticed when it infects a person, in part because of the skin lesions it causes. If monkeypox could spread asymptomatically, it would be especially troubling because it would make the virus harder to track, McCollum says.

Another puzzle is why almost all of the case clusters include men aged 20–50, many of whom are gay, bisexual and have sex with men (GBMSM). Although monkeypox isn’t known to be sexually transmitted, sexual activity certainly constitutes close contact, Rimoin says. The most likely explanation for this unexpected pattern of transmission, MacIntyre says, is that the virus was coincidentally introduced into a GBMSM community, and the virus has continued circulating there. Scientists will have a better idea of the origin of the outbreaks and the risk factors for infection once an epidemiological investigation is complete, which can take weeks and involves rigorous contact tracing.

On the basis of the data that she has seen so far, McCollum thinks the current outbreaks probably won’t necessitate containment strategies beyond ring vaccination. “Even in areas where monkeypox occurs every day,” she says, “it’s still a relatively rare infection.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177May 22, 2022 1:11 PM

R176, I grant you that. Paid sick leave is a real weak spot in most countries as a matter of public health.

by Anonymousreply 178May 22, 2022 1:14 PM

Just got back from an early morning workout. I saw all the pretty boys who typically reject me and snub their noses at me gather in the sauna for action. Is it wrong that I giggled a little when thinking about their fate?

by Anonymousreply 179May 22, 2022 1:16 PM

Who will be the first celebrity to test positive for monkey pox? The Kardashians will return from that freakazoid wedding and will bring it back to LA.

by Anonymousreply 180May 22, 2022 1:38 PM

R179 is exemplary of why the majority of Dataloungers are Prep deniers and prudes: no man will touch them because they are physically and socially hideous.

by Anonymousreply 181May 22, 2022 1:38 PM

R181 is exemplary of assured future regret.

by Anonymousreply 182May 22, 2022 1:44 PM

[quote]A lot of people have to go to work no matter what, they can't take time off.

Yes, and even many of the more fortunate can ill-afford to take four weeks off, which can be the duration of a monkeypox infection.

by Anonymousreply 183May 22, 2022 2:12 PM

Has anyone checked on Valerie Jarrett?

by Anonymousreply 184May 22, 2022 2:38 PM

I know it's not PC or woke, but Valerie Jarrett does look white and she does look like a chimpanzee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185May 22, 2022 2:41 PM

I love you, Roseanne R185 :-)

by Anonymousreply 186May 22, 2022 2:44 PM

Even more illustrative pic...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187May 22, 2022 2:44 PM

r167/174, Quoted below is the same text from the CDC that you posted, which states that you can be contagious during early symptoms (pre-rash):

[quote]Persons with monkeypox will develop an early set of symptoms (prodrome). A person may sometimes be contagious during this period.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188May 22, 2022 3:10 PM

Yeah, R188, it was funny that their italicizing for emphasis seemed to end a bit early there! Guess he wanted to be able to go to his fuck party under a state of delusion.

by Anonymousreply 189May 22, 2022 3:13 PM

I can't imagine being stuck at home for 4 fucking weeks. I was home for 10 days with covid, I was going stir crazy doing nothing the last few days, when I was OK but still testing positive.

by Anonymousreply 190May 22, 2022 3:15 PM

Seems like it can be spread via droplets - in addition to the weepy sores - which generally means saliva. So all of you sloppy spitting blowjob whores be careful out there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191May 22, 2022 3:21 PM

[quote] Reading de Blasio's script from early 2000

Ah, when he was Hillary’s campaign manager for her US senate run? What did his “script” say back then?

by Anonymousreply 192May 22, 2022 3:28 PM

R188, you said: "you can become contagious before the rash starts. That's why its proliferating, people don't know they have it. "

That's partly correct. My point was, and I don't know how to make it plainer, you don't transmit asymptomatically with this one. It isn't COVID. You cannot have the pre-rash symptoms and not know there is something wrong with you, whether you know exactly what is wrong with you or not. A person is a special order of stupid if they think it's OK to have sex when they know they're sick with anything and with this disease you don't begin to transmit until there are symptoms of something being wrong. Where I come from, spreading sickness when you know you're sick with something isn't right.

I think we're almost arguing the same point, differently, but I do disagree with your contention it is proliferating because people don't know they have it. They may not know it's monkey pox but it does not seem possible they don't know they're sick with something.

I have no desire to go to a fuck party, R189. It's a pretty sketchy way to live your life.

by Anonymousreply 193May 22, 2022 3:36 PM

R193 i believe you can be contagious 24 hours before symptoms start.

by Anonymousreply 194May 22, 2022 3:41 PM

Any connection to the vials of smallpox that were found in a freezer months ago? Always thought that was odd.

by Anonymousreply 195May 22, 2022 3:42 PM

via droplets also means sneezing and coughing!!

it's allergy season too!

by Anonymousreply 196May 22, 2022 3:47 PM

I'm not going to stop giving blowing jobs for THIS. Our community was asked to give up sex once before in the face if disease. Well, I won't be doing that again. What will be will be. I'm taking a firm stand on this. It's a matter of principle.

by Anonymousreply 197May 22, 2022 3:52 PM

R194, your beliefs are lovely. Cite a source.

by Anonymousreply 198May 22, 2022 3:53 PM

Bump and take this seriously. I think the Russians are behind this is could be a lot more lethal than you think

by Anonymousreply 199May 22, 2022 4:01 PM

[quote]You cannot have the pre-rash symptoms and not know there is something wrong with you, whether you know exactly what is wrong with you or not.

r193 I understand where you're coming from, but most people don't let a headache or minor bodyaches slow them down. Its not until you get the more serious symptoms that you realize something is unusual is happening.

I worked long hours during COVID and some days I felt like shit because was just exhausted, headache and just tired. COVID test comes back negative so I knew I was just exhausted. I took my meds, aspirin, coffee and go on with my life. Millions of other people do the same thing. You continue life as usual for one or two days until a more concerning symptom comes, and by then you've likely already transferred it onto someone else. Im not saying that's how this will spread necessarily, but sometimes it takes people days realize something is off.

by Anonymousreply 200May 22, 2022 4:02 PM

And my point is these days that assumption is faulty at best and a lot of other words at worst. It is foolhardy not to slow down in the age of COVID and now this to just carry on. It's about more than the self anymore. Nonetheless, I get where you're coming from too.

by Anonymousreply 201May 22, 2022 4:05 PM

This could be it. Their reason for rounding us up and putting us in camps to stop the spread through sexual conduct. Then they’ll throw away the keys. After 2024 all bets are off.

by Anonymousreply 202May 22, 2022 4:07 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203May 22, 2022 4:09 PM

And just how would they determine who is gay to round up in these camps? By checking your spotify portfolio for Streisand and Liza music? By testing your knowledge of Mommie Dearest quotes?

by Anonymousreply 204May 22, 2022 4:11 PM

The case in Toronto has been linked to Montreal. Easy money says Montreal links to the big PRIDE party in Gran Canaria.

by Anonymousreply 205May 22, 2022 4:13 PM

If it was spreading quickly, wouldn't there already be thousands of cases in most western countries?

Sounds like fearmongering.

by Anonymousreply 206May 22, 2022 4:19 PM

Will pride month create a superspread?

by Anonymousreply 207May 22, 2022 4:19 PM

r180 The first "celebrities" will be the gay porn, twitter, and IG whores that are worshiped within our community.

by Anonymousreply 208May 22, 2022 4:21 PM

I'm still waiting on Super AIDS but we got monkey pox instead, man that's disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 209May 22, 2022 4:22 PM

I remember when COVID first spread in China in late 2019, it was men who made up majority of the first cases...so there is still a tiny glimmer of hope that this won't involve into the gay man's disease

r207 I think the summer holidays in addition to Pride will accelerate spread this and COVID...I wonder how many weeks before officials go from no concern to health crisis mode? I give it until mid June.

by Anonymousreply 210May 22, 2022 4:34 PM

Those who contract the virus will now have to self-isolate for three weeks, Belgian health authorities have said, after three cases were recorded in the country.

The infections, the first of which was recorded on Friday, are all linked to a festival in the port city of Antwerp.

Dr Claire Dewsnap, president of the British Association for Sexual Health and HIV, has also said the outbreak could have a 'massive impact' on access to sexual health services in Britain.

It comes as Dr Susan Hopkins, a chief medical adviser to the UK Health Security Agency, today also warned that monkeypox is spreading through community transmission in the UK with more cases being detected daily.

Sajid Javid yesterday revealed another 11 Britons had tested positive for the virus, taking the total to 20.

by Anonymousreply 211May 22, 2022 4:43 PM

Dr Dewsnap told Sky News: 'Our response is really critical here.

There is going to be more diagnoses over the next week.

'How many is hard to say. What worries me the most is there are infections across Europe, so this has already spread.

'It's already circulating in the general population.

'Getting on top of all those people's contacts is a massive job.

'It could be really significant numbers over the next two or three weeks.'

She says she expects more cases to be identified around the UK, with a 'significant rise over this next week'.

by Anonymousreply 212May 22, 2022 4:43 PM

So how bad is the scarring? Does it leave pock marks?

by Anonymousreply 213May 22, 2022 4:45 PM

If they were to close down the baths, it would be tragic, since they're really the only outlet for frustrated straight/bi married guys to get it on with other guys. One would need to weigh the mental health challenges a shutdown would cause vs. the true risk for infection.

by Anonymousreply 214May 22, 2022 4:46 PM

Biden warns

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215May 22, 2022 4:46 PM

Stop demonizing us gays. Only a really small subset of gays act on every gay urge. Most of the rest of us are good church going people with regular jobs and lives who are like your average straight person who has sex once or twice a year.

by Anonymousreply 216May 22, 2022 5:03 PM

Do not go to any gay pride parades! Stay away from saunas and meat festivals for 2 months. Do you want to be disfigured by this fucking pox?! Stay home for a few weeks until this shit blows over!

by Anonymousreply 217May 22, 2022 5:05 PM

I'm almost afraid to ask, but what on earth is a meat festival?

by Anonymousreply 218May 22, 2022 5:08 PM

What they won’t tell you is that only Covid vaccinated people are getting this. Autoimmune Blistering Disease Is a listed side effect, and that’s what these people are suffering from. This is just another lie so they can introduce whatever solution they need you all to participate in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219May 22, 2022 5:14 PM

Thanks for that, r219. I suspected as much. Glad I decided not to get vaxxed. My natural immunity will help me if I were to get COVID. And now I don't need to worry about monkey pox, unlike those vaxxed and boasted loosers who kept scolding me. Karma is delish.

by Anonymousreply 220May 22, 2022 5:18 PM

Thank goodness you have access to monkeypox patients' medical records from around the globe and have seen fit to alert us all, R219.

by Anonymousreply 221May 22, 2022 5:20 PM

Haha, R220. Good job.

by Anonymousreply 222May 22, 2022 5:20 PM

[quote]Most of the rest of us are good church going people with regular jobs and lives who are like your average straight person who has sex once or twice a year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223May 22, 2022 5:30 PM

Has there been a Euro Horse and Mare Party recently?

by Anonymousreply 224May 22, 2022 5:38 PM

Gay men are the biggest sluts on the planet. If AIDS couldn't get them to change their ways, then the monkey pox sure isn't going to do it. This thing is going to spread like wildflower throughout the gay lifestyle. Not to judge, but you reap what you sow.

by Anonymousreply 225May 22, 2022 5:44 PM

[quote]This thing is going to spread like wildflower

yassssss r225! 🌈🦋

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226May 22, 2022 5:49 PM

r225 Someone will call you a religious troll or a confused conservative. It's a lack of personal responsibility and propping up being a whore as the ideal in the community, for sure. People thought things were sweet post Prep and looked down on those that practiced and preached safe sex and checkups.

by Anonymousreply 227May 22, 2022 6:02 PM

R224 - [Quote] Has there been a Euro Horse and Mare Party recently?

I was curious so I looked at the Darklands program in Belgium. There was one listed there. Not sure if the party in Gran Canaria had one

by Anonymousreply 228May 22, 2022 6:18 PM

OMG can I get it from sharing my Clarin’s moisturizer? How ghastly!

by Anonymousreply 229May 22, 2022 6:29 PM

There needs to be a "Longtime Companion" remake focusing on monkey pox.

by Anonymousreply 230May 22, 2022 6:55 PM

Gays are always ruining things. It's good that the T in LGBT is the future of the movement. Trans people just want to live their truth and otherwise be adult and monogamous, and not fuck everything in sight like self-identified gays. Hopefully then heroines like Marsha P. Johnson can finally be saluted as the spearheads of the modern day movement.

by Anonymousreply 231May 22, 2022 7:00 PM

HOT straight alpha Men's cum is the cure to all

by Anonymousreply 232May 22, 2022 7:03 PM

[Quote]Gays are always ruining things. It's good that the T in LGBT is the future of the movement. Trans people just want to live their truth and otherwise be adult and monogamous, and not fuck everything in sight like self-identified gays.

Thats because no gay man wants to fuck a transman (woman) who had her breasts removed, and no straight man wants to fuck a transwoman (man) with a surgically created wound that is supposed to resemble a vagina.

by Anonymousreply 233May 22, 2022 7:12 PM

[quote]The first "celebrities" will be the gay porn, twitter, and IG whores that are worshiped within our community.

The seething jealousy of r208 post is delicious.

Your involuntarily celibacy is about to pay off!

by Anonymousreply 234May 22, 2022 7:29 PM

The scarring question is the one nobody answers that everybody wants to know. Compare photos of monkey pox sores and chicken pox sores and mp looks worse but that doesn't say anything.

Why hasn't the Human Rights Coalition, our leaders, asked this important question?

by Anonymousreply 235May 22, 2022 7:46 PM

R235, from what I’ve read, after the scabs from the sores fall off, you can be left with pitted skin (the kind left by deep acne scars) or patches of skin that are lighter than the rest of your skin.

by Anonymousreply 236May 22, 2022 7:57 PM

I've always found acne scarring sexy, so this will be a plus!

by Anonymousreply 237May 22, 2022 8:01 PM

Dr Susan Hopkins, a chief medical adviser to the UK Health Security Agency, executes a diplomatic turn of phrase that rivals high wire balance:

Asked why it is being found in that demographic, she said: 'That's because of the frequent close contacts they may have. 'We would recommend to anyone who's having changes in sex partners regularly, or having close contact with individuals that they don't know, to come forward if they develop a rash.'

by Anonymousreply 238May 22, 2022 8:09 PM

I understand authorities trying to keep everyone safe and all but what they did associating it with Gay men from the get-go, like it were an STI, was very irresponsible. I'm my little conservative town barbershop, the guys were talking like only gay men were getting it. It was very uncomfortable for me plus you have the straight men feeling invincible. Now if they get it later on they'll blame the gays for bringing it to our shores!

by Anonymousreply 239May 22, 2022 8:14 PM

It's in Crazytown, but you knew that was gonna happen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240May 22, 2022 8:17 PM

If the gays weren't such wanton sluts, mpox wouldn't be circulating. It may not be PC to say that, but it's the damn truth. And will they stop their whoring until it's under control? If you think so, then guess again.

by Anonymousreply 241May 22, 2022 8:18 PM

[quote]would recommend to anyone who's having changes in sex partners regularly,

THE SHADE OF IT ALLLLL

by Anonymousreply 242May 22, 2022 8:19 PM

Why are gay men into such nasty shit? Didn't AIDS teach you anything? All those safe sex campaigns for naught...

by Anonymousreply 243May 22, 2022 8:40 PM

This shit is getting bad, I’m over the gloom and doom of the last 2 years.

by Anonymousreply 244May 22, 2022 8:40 PM

If this ends up being blamed on the gays, you’ll finally see the Trumpists masking up.

by Anonymousreply 245May 22, 2022 8:44 PM

If you were born before 1970, which probably characterizes most of us elder gays who post on this board, then you most likely had at least one dose of the smallpox vaccine, which they're saying is 85% effective against monkey pox.

by Anonymousreply 246May 22, 2022 8:48 PM

r239 They learned nothing from equating COVID to being an issue only for blacks/latinos that was brought over from Asians. And they are doing it again. And I'm pretty sure like always black people will once again be the poster child for this right alongside gays. sigh...

by Anonymousreply 247May 22, 2022 8:59 PM

No doubt a Miami gay brought it back from an overseas voyage.

But those of you worried about the gay disease label need to chill a bit. This is easier for straights to get than HIV. It may start off with them laughing at the gays since that’s the start of this outbreak, but Bubba probably won’t be laughing soon.

by Anonymousreply 248May 22, 2022 9:03 PM

R243 I've never had unprotected sex in my life until Jan 26, 2022, after my hot, married Madison Cawthorn lookalike finally convinced me to let him in bare (after pursuing me for almost 2 years and being rejected over and over again, because my tight ass wouldn't let him in raw) and he's been dumping in me since. I am 52, he is 33 and I regret nothing. We are both tested and clean and will not be lectured by anyone about what we are doing.

I remember 1984 well. The blame and demonizing the community and I vowed at 14 years old to never get the disease, because fuck them all straight in their hypocritical poop shoots.

Things change and so far this man has kept any STDs/STIs out of my butt hole and that's all I ask for.

by Anonymousreply 249May 22, 2022 9:09 PM

So it's contagious before the lesions appear? If I still lived in NYC, I wouldn't get on a subway. Can't imagine dodging it brushing up against 20 different people on a daily commute.

by Anonymousreply 250May 22, 2022 9:10 PM

My FB seeded my mouth and bussy this afternoon. As I was blowing him, I darted my eyes over his body to make sure there were no pus-filled lesions. When I saw none, he got the all clear at that point to breed my hole. He's straight and married, and horny all the time, and I'm not about to give that up for remote risk of mpox unless I absolutely have to. My body, my choice.

by Anonymousreply 251May 22, 2022 9:11 PM

That was fucking poetic, R251. So many of you out there are fucking poets describing your sex practices.

by Anonymousreply 252May 22, 2022 9:22 PM

J’adore r251

Sensible, yet living her best life

Get those loads gurl

by Anonymousreply 253May 22, 2022 9:28 PM

r251, whew gurl. DL married men carry STDS like a motherfucker. At 52 I hope you don't think your mussy (its too old to be bussy) is the only one he's nutting in!

by Anonymousreply 254May 22, 2022 9:31 PM

I'm not rash, I'm just someone who changes sex partners regularly.

by Anonymousreply 255May 22, 2022 9:34 PM

Which will result in a rash.

by Anonymousreply 256May 22, 2022 9:37 PM

Amazing how many DLers are fucking straight married men! Surely some kind of statistic anomaly?

by Anonymousreply 257May 22, 2022 9:38 PM

More like a psychiatric delusion.

by Anonymousreply 258May 22, 2022 9:40 PM

You visually scanned his body for pustules/lesions AFTER his dick was in your mouth?

by Anonymousreply 259May 22, 2022 9:54 PM

He was DOING THE BEST HE COULD r259

by Anonymousreply 260May 22, 2022 9:55 PM

Well, yes, since there is little body contact when giving oral. If I had seen a lesion, I would've eventually pulled my mouth off his cock. There's tons more body contact when your hole is getting bred. My hallmark position is cowboy, and I there is SO MUCH body contact when I'm riding him.

by Anonymousreply 261May 22, 2022 10:11 PM

[quote] If you were born before 1970, which probably characterizes most of us elder gays who post on this board, then you most likely had at least one dose of the smallpox vaccine, which they're saying is 85% effective against monkey pox.

And the elder anti-vaxxer deplorables will also take comfort in the knowledge that they’re protected and never see any inconsistency in their thinking. They can say the smallpox vaccine is tried and true, as if it was tried and true when they received it.

by Anonymousreply 262May 22, 2022 10:27 PM

R257 and R258 Speaking of psychiatric delusion, I am not speaking of the "str8" roided out steroid bros who want a guy that mutilated themselves into another gender to attract a straight guy.

I'm talking about the hard working guy who does everything for their family, gets ignored because his wife would rather bitch and moan all day and brag to her friends about how she uses sex as a weapon.

A guy that was brought up thinking this is what he is supposed to be as a man, straight, married and breeding more kids into the world.

They want a guy like me, that they can feel safe in their arms. that doesn't judge them and listens to them as much as I listen to them.

A bond, something you might not know anything about. And I never said my guy is straight. I said married. But not getting what he needs, as that shows every time we are together.

by Anonymousreply 263May 22, 2022 10:30 PM

before you fuck the guy, take his body temp, check his lymph nodes (neck area) and make sure he doesn't have flu symptoms!

by Anonymousreply 264May 22, 2022 10:53 PM

[quote]If they were to close down the baths, it would be tragic, since they're really the only outlet for frustrated straight/bi married guys to get it on with other guys. One would need to weigh the mental health challenges a shutdown would cause vs. the true risk for infection.

R214 you are just freaking out like a big ol' MARY! because you want to lift your caftan up and let all the "straight" married men cum inside that gross old hole. They must be THAT desperate.

by Anonymousreply 265May 22, 2022 10:57 PM

just jerk off for 3 months! do you want those nasty shit all over your body? go out and stock up Calamine lotion, you guys are gonna be needing it soon!

by Anonymousreply 266May 22, 2022 11:01 PM

Save it for Hallmark or Lifetime, R263. Or Nifty.

by Anonymousreply 267May 22, 2022 11:04 PM

As people have said, the mortality rate of this West African strain is around 1 in 100. It likely wont kill you. But if these sores are leaving permanent scars that can be mentally very debilitating. So yes dont panic but do take it seriously.

by Anonymousreply 268May 22, 2022 11:10 PM

Time for them to roll out a rerun of that Very Special Episode of The Brady Bunch when Marcia had a bout of monkey pox.

by Anonymousreply 269May 22, 2022 11:23 PM

R264 Rectal thermometer?

by Anonymousreply 270May 22, 2022 11:25 PM

How close can monkey pox get to your eyes and could you end up blinded?

by Anonymousreply 271May 22, 2022 11:44 PM

I would just like to point out that your manhood is [italic]NOT[/italic] a rectal thermometer, so don't try to cheat, gays. What I've put up with stinks, but this time it really is about humanity's safety, so no more funny stuff.

by Anonymousreply 272May 23, 2022 12:00 AM

R271 it could blind you

by Anonymousreply 273May 23, 2022 12:03 AM

You'll have to take my meat festival from my cold dead hands

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274May 23, 2022 12:04 AM

Can we bring back the phrase "A pox on both your houses!" now? I've always wanted to say that.

by Anonymousreply 275May 23, 2022 1:33 AM

Flash forward, gay bar in 18 months time:

Pancaked Elizabethan makeup as dozens of twinks try to cover their ravaged faces, while a "Pock scar shagger" fetish scene emerges.

by Anonymousreply 276May 23, 2022 1:36 AM

My husband is a very testosterone driven top with an insatiable sexual appetite. He said it's a male biological urge to breed hole so I turn I blind eye. Lately I've been feeling anxious about mp, but my husband said I am being hysterical and there is nothing to worry about. He said this is all do to Pride in GC, which is just north of Africa and also a popular vacation destination for the Brits, which is very far from LA.

by Anonymousreply 277May 23, 2022 2:33 AM

R277, you need to tell your husband there are these things known as airplanes which can bring people from all over the world in just a matter of hours!

by Anonymousreply 278May 23, 2022 2:36 AM

r277 had some dranks 🥴

by Anonymousreply 279May 23, 2022 2:36 AM

Is it safe to go to the baths? That's my chief method of hooking up for sex. I can't imagine giving that up for even a few days. Tell me I'm low to no risk.

by Anonymousreply 280May 23, 2022 2:39 AM

Are there any gay bathhouses in NYC? Or have they never reopened since Covid?

by Anonymousreply 281May 23, 2022 2:41 AM

R280 - can I have your stuff? You wont die but your disfigured pockmarked Ray Liotta acorn squash face might be a turn off in the future

by Anonymousreply 282May 23, 2022 2:48 AM

r277 The current majority of cases seem to have to do with Maspalomas Pride, Madrid Sauna and maybe Darklands but Canada has increasing cases as well. In a way, Montreal and Toronto are, yes, "very far from LA".

by Anonymousreply 283May 23, 2022 2:49 AM

R247 - They already are... It did start in Africa afterall, sigh

by Anonymousreply 284May 23, 2022 2:58 AM

Florida whores watch out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285May 23, 2022 3:13 AM

WHO warns against mass gatherings

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286May 23, 2022 3:15 AM

"Mass Gatherings" = "GAYS FORNECATING IN GAY SAUNAS" - I see you WHO and your shaming self.

by Anonymousreply 287May 23, 2022 3:32 AM

[quote ]Is it safe to go to the baths? That's my chief method of hooking up for sex. I can't imagine giving that up for even a few days.

Do you have your own parking spot? Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 288May 23, 2022 3:39 AM

How many of you feel an odd itching on your arms and chest? Admit it.

by Anonymousreply 289May 23, 2022 3:39 AM

Why don't they just call a spade a spade and just tell gay men to stop hooking up for just a couple of weeks? Are they capable of that sort of self-control? Gay men seem to be some warped sort of Peter Pans.

by Anonymousreply 290May 23, 2022 3:41 AM

Plastic surgeons are rubbing their filthy hands together right now, in anticipation of a rush of disfigured homosexuals with open wallets and dreams of restored beauty that can never be fulfilled.

by Anonymousreply 291May 23, 2022 3:43 AM

Everyone is going to be like the acne victim in The Boys In The Band.

by Anonymousreply 292May 23, 2022 3:47 AM

I hope my favorite gay4pay go-go boy/escort doesn't get it. I've finally broken him in, after my last favorite had to leave town in a hurry, and I don't want to have to break in a new one.

by Anonymousreply 293May 23, 2022 3:50 AM

My hag confided in me that she had a sore on her hooha that showed up suddenly and was going to get it checked out tomorrow. She was like, "there is no way I have anything, hubs and I have been totally faithful and together for years." Only he just got back from an ayahuasca ceremony two weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 294May 23, 2022 3:55 AM

Probably herpes. She's in for fun.

by Anonymousreply 295May 23, 2022 3:57 AM

After my straight married FB seeded me this afternoon, we were lying in bed talking about mpox. He has several FBs other than me, and he joked that he if were to get it, he'd put the blame on the dumb little wifey-poo, and claim she brought it home after getting infected from the flamboyant gay guy she shares a cube with at work. He did say he would try his best not to get it and give it to me, and then admitted for the first time that I'm his favorite FB. It was a really unexpectedly sweet and tender moment.

by Anonymousreply 296May 23, 2022 4:08 AM

Uh oh R296, sounds like you caught the feels

by Anonymousreply 297May 23, 2022 4:15 AM

R287, considering some of the posts on this thread that read a lot like R296's, maybe gay men could use some fucking shame in their lives. So, we get plague number two brought to us by gay males being unable to control themselves? Fucking ridiculous. Gay male culture deserves to be shamed if this is the shit it's made of. Maybe the sensible gay men will finally stand up but I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 298May 23, 2022 4:34 AM

R296, your straight" fuckbuddy is not straight.

by Anonymousreply 299May 23, 2022 4:39 AM

r208 I noticed a fair number of gay/bi british and european insta hoes and porn stars tagging their twitter and instagram accounts saying they were going to Gran Canaria Pride to film porn or collobrate with other onlyfans pornstars. I think the cases in europe especially the UK are going to increase significantly.There were gay pornstars from London, Leeds,Liverpool, Manchester,Belfast,Amsterdam ,Madrid and Birmingham and Edinburgh going to this event that seems to be a superspreader event.

by Anonymousreply 300May 23, 2022 4:46 AM

Just stating facts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301May 23, 2022 4:46 AM

R296, you were probably the sixth FB he delivered that rehearsed speech to.

by Anonymousreply 302May 23, 2022 5:03 AM

What's with all these women popping up in these threads hating on gay men?

If you don't like us other than as clowns or fag bangles then FUCK OFF,.

And BTW, just as all women are different, all gay men are too. The hyper sexual sluts are just a segment of the community, not all of it. I don't love everything they do but I'll defend them when attacked by outsiders every time.

by Anonymousreply 303May 23, 2022 5:04 AM

EST in the medical threads. A multi parter, too. Must be a new graduate of a creative writing course. Congrats

by Anonymousreply 304May 23, 2022 5:07 AM

[quote] What's with all these women popping up in these threads hating on gay men?

Seriously. Fuck those homophobic breeder gashes, I hope they get monkeypox in the pussy

by Anonymousreply 305May 23, 2022 5:08 AM

Even if they don't care about the misery they cause others, do the sluts among us not realise that once they inevitably become disfigured from this horrible disease, their own sex lives will end?

It's not rocket science.

by Anonymousreply 306May 23, 2022 5:13 AM

umm fuck you R306.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307May 23, 2022 5:16 AM

I want one of the pox queens to come forward and give an Interview. Or even better do a video diary on the disease progression. Facial pocks are an added bonus for viral TikTok content. Teenage girls will then start faking lesions for attention.

by Anonymousreply 308May 23, 2022 5:18 AM

R307 FAKE FAKE FAKE

by Anonymousreply 309May 23, 2022 5:20 AM

You guys are awful, wishing disease on fellow gays. I thought the eldergays were more supportive of each other, especially after the 80's. Was it like this back then? Blaming and shaming the whores, which is probably all of you. Prep is practically eradicated HIV as well as treatment as prevention. You'd think you guys would be happy.

The last thing we need is another disease pinned on the GBT community because the L's never get STD's. And no. people will not stop fucking or take a hiatus.

by Anonymousreply 310May 23, 2022 6:08 AM

R310 there's nothing that can be done about a battered queen. they love stewing in their misery and want to drag everyone down with them. And no, they were not like this in the 80s. They've soured.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311May 23, 2022 6:12 AM

Well...

by Anonymousreply 312May 23, 2022 6:42 AM

[quote]As people have said, the mortality rate of this West African strain is around 1 in 100. It likely wont kill you.

Don't lead people into a sense of false security, R268. Long monkeypox is debilitating.

by Anonymousreply 313May 23, 2022 6:58 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314May 23, 2022 8:02 AM

[quote] case is 'related to international travel'

Which will it be? To and from a Spanish sauna or a Dutch fetish orgy

by Anonymousreply 315May 23, 2022 8:11 AM

I'm looking forward to the inevitable EST about a snippy pox bottom who forces a hapless Datalounger to buy a harness he tried on over his clothes while trying to get a funny photo for Mother.

Extra points if the pox bottom pulls out pointer and clicks it furiously on the whiteboard spelling out the store's plague policies; the whiteboard that was missed by our aggrieved Datalounger because it had been secreted—SECRETED!!—behind the counter.

by Anonymousreply 316May 23, 2022 8:40 AM

What does this mean - that you're at risk if you take public transport?

by Anonymousreply 317May 23, 2022 10:30 AM

The right-wingers aren't letting an opportunity to demonize gay men go to waste. Conservative commentator Rod Dreher's latest missive:

"Monkeypox & Gay Sex Freaks"

"Now nobody will be allowed to draw freaking obvious conclusions from this epidemiological event — that these wicked people are bringing serious disease into our societies, and ought to be stigmatized and suppressed — because it involves the deranged sexual behavior of a Sacred Minority."

by Anonymousreply 318May 23, 2022 11:26 AM

It’s too bad whatever escort all these right wing commentator assholes use can’t get monkeypox and spread it to them. I don’t want the escort to have to deal with the pox, but god it would be worth it just for these homophobic assholes to suddenly develop it.

by Anonymousreply 319May 23, 2022 12:05 PM

Here comes the “Battered Queen” troll as referenced in R311

by Anonymousreply 320May 23, 2022 12:28 PM

Straight cunts, especially straight white cunts, are as bad as monkeypox

by Anonymousreply 321May 23, 2022 12:32 PM

R317, we don’t seem to be getting much guidance on this. Last year, a passenger from Nigeria flew to Dallas where he was diagnosed with Monkeypox. Apparently he was pretty sick and had open sores, etc. Fellow passengers did not seem to have been infected, at least in part because they wore masks. (Despite the oft repeated picture, I don’t think this write up has been posted yet; apologies if it has).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322May 23, 2022 1:33 PM

[quote] Plastic surgeons are rubbing their filthy hands together right now

Dermatologists.

There's going to be a lot of deep peels and dermabrasion, though I don't know of dermabrasion goes deep enough.

by Anonymousreply 323May 23, 2022 1:44 PM

they gonna laser your whole face away?

you gonna have craters on your body.

by Anonymousreply 324May 23, 2022 1:46 PM

You can't really peel your whole body, but if you at least peel your face (and hands?) and wear a suit for work, you can probably live your professional life without people constantly staring at your scars.

by Anonymousreply 325May 23, 2022 2:30 PM

Is it wrong that I'm in ecstasy at the very idea of beautiful gay men who wouldn't give me the time of day turning into QuasiMOdos?

by Anonymousreply 326May 23, 2022 2:39 PM

It’s going to be the mark of the devil for gays. Stay home and pretty.

by Anonymousreply 327May 23, 2022 2:43 PM

You’re the prototypical DLer r326

Ugly, fat, envious, unwanted and malevolent, seeking vengeance for the imagined wrongs that were done to you, rather than seeking to improve yourself.

by Anonymousreply 328May 23, 2022 3:05 PM

In an above comment someone talked about temperature testing people he brought home before having sex. That brought to mind the temperature lines we would have to go through to go to work during the worst of covid. It made me laugh thinking about it.

by Anonymousreply 329May 23, 2022 3:21 PM

r309 It's actually not fake. There are outpatient procedures that fix the acne scar tissue. But it's super expensive. Imagine doing a full body procedure of that especially around the whore's money makers (gential,ass). The procedure itself are micro needles that stab you all over the place thousands of times. Might not be a problem to the tattoo'd whores. Still your wallet...

by Anonymousreply 330May 23, 2022 3:24 PM

R328 some people are just ugly. Unless you are rich for plastic surgery there’s not much you can do…. Even if you’re fit from the neck down. I am tired of the pretty privilege here.

by Anonymousreply 331May 23, 2022 3:30 PM

The unbridled glee from the DLers explicitly hoping the hot guys are finally disfigured is making me lol.

One question though - if everyone hot is disfigured from the pox - who will be left for you to lust after and conquer after the dust has finally settled?

by Anonymousreply 332May 23, 2022 3:32 PM

R331 With your entitled and psychopathic attitude, you will be alone and unwanted for the rest of your miserable existence. Many ugly people find love, but you will, assuredly, not.

Do check in from time to time and tell Datalounge what your life is like. I am rubbing my hands with glee.

by Anonymousreply 333May 23, 2022 3:43 PM

Not all the hot guys R332, just the ones who are having sex with bigoted, right-wing politicians.

by Anonymousreply 334May 23, 2022 3:43 PM

[quote]Ugly, fat, envious, unwanted and malevolent, seeking vengeance for the imagined wrongs that were done to you, rather than seeking to improve yourself

For years the lessers have put up with your scorn. Even at risk you can't find humility.

Welcome to the free market, beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 335May 23, 2022 3:49 PM

Lol ^

by Anonymousreply 336May 23, 2022 4:03 PM

"Monkey Pox PART IX - gay resorts closed indefinitely!"

by Anonymousreply 337May 23, 2022 4:09 PM

How long until Miss Lindsey and her evil Lady Turdle cohort take a mysteriously long break from work?

by Anonymousreply 338May 23, 2022 4:14 PM

Someone keeps fucking the monkeys, please stop.

by Anonymousreply 339May 23, 2022 4:31 PM

I drink your tears r335

Your loneliness is delicious

by Anonymousreply 340May 23, 2022 4:31 PM

Some people just love 🙉

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341May 23, 2022 4:58 PM

Just heard someone in my building sing “Monkey Pox” to the tune of “Funky Town.” End of days shit.

by Anonymousreply 342May 23, 2022 5:07 PM

Pockmarked will be the "No" in hook-up app profiles.

by Anonymousreply 343May 23, 2022 5:22 PM

It will have to be added to the list of filters.

by Anonymousreply 344May 23, 2022 5:37 PM

This is some Revelations shit. My partner looked up what the pox sores look like and said "Oh, No. Nope. Noooooo." We've never wanted something to be overblown so much before.

by Anonymousreply 345May 23, 2022 5:41 PM

The 2020s fucking suck.

by Anonymousreply 346May 23, 2022 5:56 PM

My social life is fucked-up for another year😭 I will be ancient by the time all these plagues stop.

by Anonymousreply 347May 23, 2022 6:32 PM

A bit more urgent: The CDC is encouraging all gay and bisexual men in Florida to get a MenACWY vaccination due to an outgoing outbreak of meningococcal disease in the community.

I know someone who lost his hearing and his sense of balance due to meningitis -- he's now totally deaf and uses a walker. It's not something to mess with.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348May 23, 2022 7:24 PM

Wait. So now monkey pox AND meningococcal are targeting gay/bi men only? WTF?

by Anonymousreply 349May 23, 2022 7:28 PM

It’s the humidity down here but mostly because they are all whores darling.

by Anonymousreply 350May 23, 2022 7:31 PM

Someone ripping off Sue Sylvester is assessing loneliness?

OK.

by Anonymousreply 351May 23, 2022 7:58 PM

I know we're supposed to be heartless bitches on DL, but I am very sorry for R348's friend.

by Anonymousreply 352May 23, 2022 8:06 PM

R305, they're these obnoxious homophobic cunts coming from LSA and Celebitchy trying to trash anyone here who is mildly critical of their Kween Meghan Markle. Just FF them straight into hell.

by Anonymousreply 353May 23, 2022 8:09 PM

What exactly is/are MenACWY? (per the CDC tweet)

by Anonymousreply 354May 23, 2022 8:56 PM

Best news I've heard all day:

"The World Health Organization's (WHO) emerging disease lead Maria Van Kerkhove said we should expect to see more in the coming days, but that we have the tools to stop the virus.

"This is a containable situation, particularly in the countries where we are seeing these outbreaks that are happening across Europe, in North America as well," she said.

"We can stop human-to-human transmission."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355May 23, 2022 8:58 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356May 23, 2022 8:58 PM

Two cases in Utah . Is it a gay couple?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357May 23, 2022 10:17 PM

r355 They said the same thing about COVID two years ago. So you already know what's coming

by Anonymousreply 358May 23, 2022 10:23 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359May 23, 2022 10:29 PM

R358 I would agree with you but this is a much different disease, which does not spread with efficiency. They know about it, there are treatments for it... I think it is more likely they can ring fence it over time. I also think she was being way way way too definitive for someone who didn't think they could do what she said.

by Anonymousreply 360May 23, 2022 10:43 PM

"The overall risk is assessed as moderate for persons having multiple sexual partners (including some groups of MSM) and low for the broader population and MSM on Datalounge.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361May 23, 2022 10:47 PM

This will only affect the young whores, the old whores that we’re vaccinated before 1972 can carry on.

by Anonymousreply 362May 23, 2022 10:49 PM

For once I'm glad I'm a fat unfuckable antisocial old fart. I was vaccinated for smallpox as a kid, and none of the hot guys who are going to get this would even piss on me I were on fire, so I should be ok. These young whores are finally getting what's coming to them. This is going to be interesting. Very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 363May 23, 2022 11:21 PM

Bitterness is not very becoming.

by Anonymousreply 364May 23, 2022 11:29 PM

The shade in the article at R359:

Dr Jennifer McQuiston, a deputy director at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said most of the exposed were healthcare workers, although a few were also 'personal' contacts of the patient.

by Anonymousreply 365May 23, 2022 11:32 PM

[quote]Bitterness is not very becoming.

I'd take it over weeping sores and scars, but then variety is the spice of life.

by Anonymousreply 366May 23, 2022 11:38 PM

Is it always disfiguring? Is there medicine for it once you have it?

Is this the main monkey pox thread or is this one London centric?

Late to the party.

by Anonymousreply 367May 23, 2022 11:39 PM

Sounds like you've just been a piece of shit for your entire life R363. Why would even the worst of people want to have anything to do with you?

by Anonymousreply 368May 23, 2022 11:41 PM

I guess Deadpool will be the go-to Halloween costume this year?

by Anonymousreply 369May 23, 2022 11:54 PM

R367, this is the most active thread. They use the same treatment, an antiviral drug, that they would use for smallpox. “Disfiguring” is in the eye of the beholder. It seems that the weeping sores leave visible scars behind, like pits or a discoloration. Someone theorized that the gunk that comes out of the sores kills off some skin cells, leaving “necrotic tissue” in the form of the pit marks.

by Anonymousreply 370May 24, 2022 12:08 AM

The picture of the peeling hands is giving me nightmare flashbacks to the time I got scarlet fever in my 20s. Besides the telltale bodywide scarlet rash, I also developed thousands of tiny fluid-filled vessicles in the skin of the palms of my hands making them stiff and painful to move. Once the antibiotics kicked in, the rash died down and all the dead skin peeled off, including several layers from my palms and fingers. It was disgusting, though my skin did look amazing for about a month after. Not, however, an experience I wish to repeat

by Anonymousreply 371May 24, 2022 12:12 AM

Someone on Datalounge must have it by now….tell us your symptoms and current level of disfigurement

by Anonymousreply 372May 24, 2022 12:13 AM

How can they value life so little and cocks and asses so much?

by Anonymousreply 373May 24, 2022 12:21 AM

1) It should be noted that the clinical manifestations in travel-related cases detected in western countries were usually mild, sometimes with very few lesions.

2) Previous vaccination against smallpox can confer cross-protection against monkeypox, which was estimated from older studies to be as high as 85% [22]. The protective effect of smallpox vaccination wanes with time, although serosurveys indicate that it can last more than20 years. However, it is believed that despite the waning effect smallpox vaccine confers, lifelong protection against severe disease can occur due to memory B and T cells therefore some degree of protection should be expected in the population of adults in the EU/EEA currently over 50 years of age [52].

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374May 24, 2022 1:06 AM

Realistically how many (non-military) people over 50 will know if they were or were not given the smallpox vaccinations. Kids know they got various shots but not what was in the vaccine and non-computerized records that old aren't easily referenced.

by Anonymousreply 375May 24, 2022 2:05 AM

Smallpox vaccination leaves a huge scar on your shoulder.

All of my Cuban family members above a certain age had one, and I was fascinated by them when I was a child.

by Anonymousreply 376May 24, 2022 2:13 AM

I've gotta stop fucking monkeys, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 377May 24, 2022 2:14 AM

What the rule eggzackly? I can not fuck monkey? I can not eat monkey?

by Anonymousreply 378May 24, 2022 2:18 AM

officials in Seattle have announced a case there, a man who recently travelled internationally. they are teaching down people he was in close contact with

by Anonymousreply 379May 24, 2022 2:27 AM

Gay men?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380May 24, 2022 2:45 AM

You monkeyfucker!

by Anonymousreply 381May 24, 2022 2:56 AM

I can't just totally cut off my daily semen intake without consulting my doctor first.

by Anonymousreply 382May 24, 2022 3:27 AM

CDC officials sound alarm for gay and bisexual men as monkeypox spreads in community...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383May 24, 2022 7:55 AM

The natural reservoir for this virus is African rodents, and monkeys are only incidental carriers. Imagine the nightmare scenario of some filthy OnlyFans whore living in a rat infested bedsit and spreading the disease to the teeming rat hordes of New York, London and Bruges.

by Anonymousreply 384May 24, 2022 8:13 AM

This does look like it can be hugely scarring.

The lesions look worse than the type of cystic acne that causes major scars. Smallpox was infamous for being disfiguring.

If you get this from slutting around in the near term, you may not die, but it may be the last sex you ever get.

by Anonymousreply 385May 24, 2022 8:51 AM

If direct skin contact is in any way relevant to where on the body the pustules erupt, presumably facial contact with the genital, perineal and anal cleft areas could fuck your face forever.

by Anonymousreply 386May 24, 2022 9:47 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387May 24, 2022 10:17 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388May 24, 2022 11:49 AM

That's alarmist ^. DNA viruses can accumulate many more mutations than RNA (COVID type) viruses without substantially changing. I'd find a source but I've gotta get the car to the dealer. There are credible doctors on Twitter putting this in context. Same thing with the pets - possible but not considered likely.

The thing about the Daily Mail, which truly is evil, is they are aggressively selling fear and shock and scorn. If you look at the major UK papers the coverage is much more muted and some days not all of them have anything. The Mail is no measure of anything except what makes it money. This is happening, it would be better if it wasn't, but at this point it is a thing, not the next big thing.

Still, whore it down a notch or two this summer maybe?

by Anonymousreply 389May 24, 2022 11:59 AM

In support of R389, I did a quick scan but near as I can tell there is nothing about Monkey Pox on the homepages of the The Times, the BBC, the Guardian, or The Telegraph.

by Anonymousreply 390May 24, 2022 12:04 PM

The Independent:

Speaking at the World Health Assembly in Geneva, Sylvie Briand, WHO director for Global Infectious Hazard Preparedness said it is unlikely that the virus has mutated but said that transmission may be being driven by a change in human behaviour, particularly as people return to socialising as Covid-19 restrictions are lifted worldwide.

Many, but not all, of the cases have been reported in men who have sex with men, and Ms Briand said it was particularly important to try to prevent sexual transmission.

While she said the outbreak was "not normal", she stressed that it was "containable". There are now 131 confirmed monkeypox cases and 106 further suspected cases,

by Anonymousreply 391May 24, 2022 12:06 PM

[quote] Smallpox was infamous for being disfiguring.

Nothing a little makeup can't fix!

by Anonymousreply 392May 24, 2022 12:06 PM

Nothing in the Washington Post, a little squib about smallpox vaccine supplies midway down the homepage of the NYT.

My assumption is if they're not interested in something this clickbait sexy, the editorial side has no basis to believe this is a big thing - and more to the point, there are bigger things to get clicks.

by Anonymousreply 393May 24, 2022 12:08 PM

Dr. John Brooks, the CDC's chief medical officer of HIV:

The monkeypox rash is "showing up in different parts of the body than we typically expect to see it."

"In some cases, it has produced anal or genital lesions that look like other diseases like herpes, chickenpox or syphilis. So anyone with a rash or lesion around or involving their genitals, their anus or any other place that they have not seen it before, get fully evaluated, both for that rash but particularly for sexually transmitted infection and other illnesses that can cause rash," he said.

by Anonymousreply 394May 24, 2022 1:06 PM

"there is nothing about Monkey Pox on the homepages of the The Times, the BBC"

It's on bbc's website on the main page

by Anonymousreply 395May 24, 2022 1:46 PM

[quote]Many, but not all, of the cases have been reported in men who have sex with men

Where the man go up in the man?

by Anonymousreply 396May 24, 2022 3:41 PM

But I like to monkey around, okay!

by Anonymousreply 397May 24, 2022 3:41 PM

I thought I read the first UK case was a man who got it in Nigeria. I'd like to know wtf was he doing while he was over there??

by Anonymousreply 398May 24, 2022 4:05 PM

The raves…in Spain…brought postules and pain…

by Anonymousreply 399May 24, 2022 4:07 PM

That was eloquent R399, funny, and sadly true.

by Anonymousreply 400May 24, 2022 4:15 PM

The pox on cocks spread scarring through the flock.

by Anonymousreply 401May 24, 2022 4:21 PM

Let's hope it's just the dumb sluts who won't stop partying, the same ones that partied through Covid.

by Anonymousreply 402May 24, 2022 5:25 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403May 24, 2022 5:29 PM

First case in CA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404May 24, 2022 7:17 PM

Sacramento

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405May 24, 2022 7:18 PM

I booked an escort for this weekend that I'd been eager to "see" for ages, but our schedules just never synced. We finally made it work for this weekend. If anyone thinks I'm going to cancel because of MP, think again. This one is special. All you nervous nellies stay tied up in your paranoia and hysteria. I don't have time for that nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 406May 24, 2022 7:45 PM

r403 COVID in 2020 or COVID-OMNICRON presently? Because COVID BA 2.12 or whatever is the most infectious virus in history beyond measles. So that means moonkeypox isn't a concern, it's just the narrative they want to keep the charade going.

by Anonymousreply 407May 24, 2022 7:47 PM

Attaboy r406

Life is a goddamn banquet

by Anonymousreply 408May 24, 2022 7:48 PM

r407 Excuse what I mean is it is a concern, they are just trying to play it off as not.

by Anonymousreply 409May 24, 2022 7:48 PM

[quote] Sacramento

Why those dirty little California State government staffers!

by Anonymousreply 410May 24, 2022 7:52 PM

I fucked around with two Mexican day laborers I picked up outside Home Deport this morning. My sheets were soaked with cum when we finally came up for air after three hours. If I picked up mpox, so be it. Those three hours in heaven were worth it! However, it's unlikely, since these guys were not the circuit queens who seem to be getting it, rather run of the mill straight guys on the DL looking for some extracurricular fun. I gave up these types of pleasures during COVID, and now that COVID is essentially over, I plan on continuing these pursuits. No regrets.

by Anonymousreply 411May 24, 2022 8:17 PM

R411, if you guys fucked, they are not straight - unless you're a chick.

by Anonymousreply 412May 24, 2022 8:59 PM

[quote]if you guys fucked

Bless your heart.

by Anonymousreply 413May 24, 2022 9:02 PM

Remember this phrase r411:

“Viruela del mono”

Or for the illiterate Mexican day laborers:

🍆💦🐒🤧🤒🤢🤮🕳🕳🕳

by Anonymousreply 414May 24, 2022 9:13 PM

^ …. 💀

by Anonymousreply 415May 24, 2022 10:36 PM

[quote]Let's hope it's just the dumb sluts who won't stop partying, the same ones that partied through Covid.

I know many gay men who, during the pre-vaccine days of COVID, did nothing to modify their behavior for the greater good, all the while projecting an illusion of personal responsibility. Several friends formed COVID crews/ pandemic pods, which seems like a reasonable thing to do during the spread of a highly infectious novel virus but, in reality, the groups included so many men that they were actually less safe, and the members were involved sexually with each other while fucking people outside of the group and traveling often.

by Anonymousreply 416May 24, 2022 11:01 PM

R411, I assume you paid them more than their day rate for them to miss out on a day of work? How did the conversation start?

by Anonymousreply 417May 24, 2022 11:20 PM

" I assume you paid them more than their day rate for them to miss out on a day of work? How did the conversation start? "

This being DL, they paid him for the privilege of entering his mussy, and the conversation started with "Querida, tu culo es oro".

by Anonymousreply 418May 24, 2022 11:22 PM

Mass. patient released from hospital.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419May 25, 2022 12:23 AM

It is spreading in the United States as well. The good news is this is not highly contagious. But one wonders how something like this travels.

by Anonymousreply 420May 25, 2022 1:14 AM

[Quote]But one wonders how something like this travels.

Via delicious, long, stringy ropes of spit and cum

by Anonymousreply 421May 25, 2022 1:59 AM

Party whores ruin everything. Has that asshole nurse that was photographed getting his first vaccine dose then jetting off to slutty paradise been poxed yet?

by Anonymousreply 422May 25, 2022 2:00 AM

Has anyone checked in on Miss Schock?

by Anonymousreply 423May 25, 2022 2:28 AM

Wow, the miserable, fug, unfuckable, socially awkward gays who couldn't get laid to save their lives are really going to have the last laugh, aren't they?

by Anonymousreply 424May 25, 2022 2:58 AM

Any poxxy Insthos pop up yet?

by Anonymousreply 425May 25, 2022 3:09 AM

No they won’t r424

by Anonymousreply 426May 25, 2022 4:21 AM

I'm sure the Mexicans paid you, right?

Who has sex for three hours except meth fiends and fantasists.

by Anonymousreply 427May 25, 2022 7:18 AM

A Montreal doctor describes an unusual manifestation of MP in his patient.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428May 25, 2022 1:34 PM

World case counts. 19 countries, 227 confirmed, 86 suspected, for a total of 313 at present.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429May 25, 2022 2:34 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430May 25, 2022 4:09 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431May 25, 2022 4:10 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432May 25, 2022 4:11 PM

[quote]only over-50s now have any protection against virus

So as an eldergay, can I haz orgy?

by Anonymousreply 433May 25, 2022 4:15 PM

R433 Yes

by Anonymousreply 434May 25, 2022 4:27 PM

R429 2nd confirmed case (after Israel) in the Middle East is from UAE. Maybe an expat? This is the first confirmed woman

by Anonymousreply 435May 25, 2022 4:28 PM

R435, her bisexual husband gave it to her.

by Anonymousreply 436May 25, 2022 4:45 PM

The odds are in my favor then r429

I’m going to have raw sex with at least 25 men on Memorial Day weekend

by Anonymousreply 437May 25, 2022 5:28 PM

Bisexual men don’t exist r436

by Anonymousreply 438May 25, 2022 5:30 PM

I just read the title of this thread as "MaddonaPox".

by Anonymousreply 439May 25, 2022 5:31 PM

[Quote]Heymann, who is also a professor of infectious diseases at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, said the monkeypox outbreak was likely a random event that might be traceable to a single infection.

Alright, which one of you Euro EDM whores did it??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440May 25, 2022 5:39 PM

[quote]sexual behavior at two recent raves in Europe

Homophobia

by Anonymousreply 441May 25, 2022 6:07 PM

It is everywhere now! Reminds me of the early days of Covid - at least it is not as lethal and contagious.

by Anonymousreply 442May 25, 2022 6:26 PM

Half of old DL queens are sheltering in place and cradling Mama's Prescious Moments in the basement in panic.

by Anonymousreply 443May 25, 2022 6:58 PM

[quote] Half of old DL queens are sheltering in place and cradling Mama's Prescious Moments in the basement in panic.

Why would you think that when they are the only ones with some measure of immunity by way of the old smallpox immunizations

by Anonymousreply 444May 25, 2022 7:04 PM

Pfizer CEO downplays monkeypox outbreak fears: ‘I wouldn’t worry much’ “I don’t have all the information ahead of me. With everything I know, I wouldn’t worry much,” Bourla said during an interview with CNBC at the World Economic Forum in Davos.

“That doesn’t mean that we should relax,” he added. “I think we should monitor where the situation goes.”

Bourla added that monkeypox “clearly doesn’t transmit as much as other viruses including COVID” and that there were “solutions” available if caseloads became more widespread.

The Massachusetts Department of Public Health confirmed Tuesday that an adult man had contracted the disease, cases of which are rare outside of central and West Africa. Officials said the patient was in good condition and that the case “poses no risk to the public.”

Nevertheless, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said more than 200 people were being tracked within the state due to their contact with the patient. Symptoms of monkeypox can include unexplained skin rash or lesions, fever and chills.

Suspected monkeypox cases have also been spotted in other states, including California.

Earlier this week, President Biden suggested that the monkeypox outbreak was “something that everybody should be concerned about.”

“We’re working on it hard to figure out what we do and what vaccine, if any, may be available for it,” Biden added. “But it is a concern in the sense that if it were to spread, it’s consequential.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445May 25, 2022 7:09 PM

Pride parties on South Beach are going to be...bad.

by Anonymousreply 446May 25, 2022 7:24 PM

80,000 people were at that Gay Pride gathering in the Canary Islands

by Anonymousreply 447May 25, 2022 9:36 PM

Whores of America - Grindr now has a health screen about MP before getting to the home screen. Per Grindr:

1. DON'T PANICK - the majority of the outbreak is in the EU and UK, with very few cases in the US (for now)

2. SEE AN MD - Be vigilant if you have an international sex or are noticing any symptoms like fever or unusual sores.

3. TELL MD ABOUT MP & THAT YOU ARE A GAY WHORE - Just in case they don't already know or you are a closet case who was at the Horse Market in Gran Caneria but your wife thought you were in Europe "on business"

4. WASH YOUR SHEETS, CLOTHES & TOWELS - After you have a whore in bed who might be symptomatic

by Anonymousreply 448May 25, 2022 9:38 PM

Love how Daily mail had a stock photo to represent the whore prairie dog who gave it to the Wisconsin veterinarian. I bet that dog is a DLer.

by Anonymousreply 449May 25, 2022 9:55 PM

Hilarious, R448. Of course, nothing short of their dicks rotting off before their eyes will ever stop a sex addict from hooking up and jeopardizing other people's health.

by Anonymousreply 450May 25, 2022 11:11 PM

Not even a case of monkey pox can stop the party!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451May 25, 2022 11:14 PM

300-500 million people were killed by Smallpox in the 20th Century PART ONE R432. God is a worthless a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 452May 26, 2022 1:10 AM

Sluts really do ruin everything.

by Anonymousreply 453May 26, 2022 1:25 AM

I said it once, I'll say it again - sluts just heal quicker. This will be a nothingburger.

by Anonymousreply 454May 26, 2022 2:50 AM

are the leather sluts still going to IML and putting monkeypox infected fists in each other's asses? or did they cancel it?

by Anonymousreply 455May 26, 2022 2:58 AM

I just hate any diseases being associated with gay men. It's like just when you thought it was safe to go into the water (bareback), Jaws rears it's ugly head.

by Anonymousreply 456May 26, 2022 3:17 AM

IML attendees should be sent to the grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 457May 26, 2022 4:07 AM

Grindr has now published a warning about Monkeypox. What they need to do now is post some graphic photographs of the lesions and scarring.

by Anonymousreply 458May 26, 2022 4:14 AM

Will DL fav Terry Miller increase his odds of getting the pox? It would be a shame to take away what attractiveness is left of him

by Anonymousreply 459May 26, 2022 4:16 AM

Please keep the junky daily mail threads out of here. We know where to find them if we want them.

by Anonymousreply 460May 26, 2022 5:01 AM

The monkey glands are working.

by Anonymousreply 461May 26, 2022 5:02 AM

Monkey pox? No, it's called shingles and is a known adverse reaction to the covid injectia.

by Anonymousreply 462May 26, 2022 5:05 AM

Hunky doctor gives the real breakdown on monkeypox.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463May 26, 2022 5:29 AM

Does having chicken pox give you immunity. Well? Or the chicken pox vax?

by Anonymousreply 464May 26, 2022 5:34 AM

I hope so, R464.

by Anonymousreply 465May 26, 2022 5:38 AM

No not at all.

by Anonymousreply 466May 26, 2022 5:38 AM

The cute doctor lost me at his mispronunciation of "virulent".

by Anonymousreply 467May 26, 2022 5:46 AM

R464 Despite the similar names, Chicken Pox and Monkey Pox are not related at all. Chicken Pox is actually in the same family as herpes (varicella zoster virus) whereas monkey pox is a poxviridae virus within he same family that of viruses that caused smallpox.

by Anonymousreply 468May 26, 2022 5:46 AM

Crap.

by Anonymousreply 469May 26, 2022 5:48 AM

R463 Helpful video but one thing stood out, that some of the men in hospital are there because they developed proctitis which is when the lining of your rectum and/or prostate become heavily inflamed, which COULD suggest the virus does spread through semen. Proctitis would suggest a bottom having unprotected sex with an infected top. Proctitis can be danger as it can cause toxins to spread into your bloodstream because you can't shit and there is evidence that it can significantly elevate your chances of developing prostate or bowel cancer down the road.

by Anonymousreply 470May 26, 2022 5:58 AM

Doctor's definitely worthy of some monkey bareback lovin

by Anonymousreply 471May 26, 2022 6:02 AM

How soon could we expect a vaccine? Since it already exists, we just need to make more of it. So let’s hope the right people are on that and thank the gods that the previous administration was sent packing.

by Anonymousreply 472May 26, 2022 6:07 AM

R472 If the smallpox vaccines does work against it, then high risk groups (e.g. gay/bisexual men) would likely be able to get vaccinated with that vaccine sooner rather than later. A vaccine from scratch, like the covid vaccines at least a year if not longer.

by Anonymousreply 473May 26, 2022 6:14 AM

R473 there is already a monkey pox vaccine. It already exists.

What would they be making from scratch?

by Anonymousreply 474May 26, 2022 6:28 AM

Have they released the DNA of the virus?

Is it different?

Maybe it's been weaponized and they don't want ww3 with Russia.

Something is not right.

by Anonymousreply 475May 26, 2022 6:47 AM

R475 is onto something...They are trying to delay and pacify the public and avoid a panic.

by Anonymousreply 476May 26, 2022 7:41 AM

Why is the "Hunky Doctor" above so squeamish about saying the words "having oral and anal sex". or "being naked with someone and having sex." Several times he dances around the transmission acts - saying more than once "use your own imagination".

LAME

by Anonymousreply 477May 26, 2022 8:21 AM

Don't worry. The genomes of many monkeypox isolates are being sequenced and analyzed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478May 26, 2022 8:39 AM

The hunky doctor also never say the word gay. He does mention once "men who have sex with men".

by Anonymousreply 479May 26, 2022 8:44 AM

R473, there is a monkeypox vaccine (actually, it works against monkeypox and smallpox), called the Jynneos vaccine; it was created in 2019. It's currently being given on the basis of exposure to known monkeypox cases, but the U.S. has ordered more doses from the company that makes it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480May 26, 2022 10:24 AM

Chickenpox isn't related to the other pox diseases (smallpox, horsepox, cowpox, monkeypox, etc.) The chickenpox virus, which also causes shingles, is a herpes virus.

by Anonymousreply 481May 26, 2022 10:30 AM

Scratch that, Bottom sluts ruin everything and are now getting ruined in return.

by Anonymousreply 482May 26, 2022 4:04 PM

**Low key relieved that mass shootings are taking some of the media attention off the gay man's plague**

by Anonymousreply 483May 26, 2022 4:07 PM

R477 & R479 He is likely avoiding more "sexual" terms to avoid being demonetized on YouTube. Also, "men having sex with men" seems to be the new "politically correct" way of saying gay or bisexual men likely to try and avoid homophobic backlash (which based on the comments section of the video, seems to be a valid concern).

by Anonymousreply 484May 26, 2022 4:10 PM

R484, I think “men who have sex with men” is a phrase regularly used by medical professionals. There are men, particularly in immigrant communities, who, even if they have sex with only with men, will never identify themselves as gay or even bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 485May 26, 2022 4:21 PM

It’s spread to the sluts in Wales and Northern Ireland.

by Anonymousreply 486May 26, 2022 4:23 PM

All sluts, must be quarantined to protect the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 487May 26, 2022 4:58 PM

Quebec's public health director Dr. Luc Boileau said Thursday that 25 cases of monkeypox have now been confirmed in the province. Fourteen of them are in the city of Montreal, though all cases are tied to the greater Montreal area.

About 20 to 30 more cases are also under investigation, Boileau said.

Boileau underlined that the spread of monkeypox was "a serious situation," but said it is not sweeping through the population like COVID-19, for example.

"We aren't expecting a rapid, huge number of cases," he explained. "That's why we think it can be eradicated."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488May 26, 2022 5:23 PM

Tenez-moi, Davide.

by Anonymousreply 489May 26, 2022 5:24 PM

the cdc today said there are 9 confirmed cases in the US. all gay men

by Anonymousreply 490May 26, 2022 5:33 PM

This obviously started with one person. Who is patient zero???

by Anonymousreply 491May 26, 2022 5:37 PM

The man who went to Nigeria?

by Anonymousreply 492May 26, 2022 5:43 PM

Well, if it was Skunky Pox I'd say Cheryl, but that's not what we're dealing with.

by Anonymousreply 493May 26, 2022 5:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494May 26, 2022 5:47 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495May 26, 2022 5:48 PM

Monkey pox is going to spread far because of outright homophobia.

The healthcare community needs to do a better job explaining that this disease isn’t the exclusive domain of men that have sex with other men.

by Anonymousreply 496May 26, 2022 5:49 PM

[quote]officials warned they were now assuming there was 'some community spread'

Sounds hot

by Anonymousreply 497May 26, 2022 5:52 PM

My drag name during the early days of Covid was Community Spread.

by Anonymousreply 498May 26, 2022 5:58 PM

Where's the Life is a Banquet guy now?

by Anonymousreply 499May 26, 2022 6:02 PM

There's a vaccine and there's effective treatment available, all those scary photos are in Africa, nellies should calm down, besides, you need skin to skin contact which none of you nasty old hags ever get.

by Anonymousreply 500May 26, 2022 9:31 PM

not necessarily R500, a person got it by sitting next to the infected person on a plane.

by Anonymousreply 501May 26, 2022 9:33 PM

Even if they don't accidentally brush up against them?

by Anonymousreply 502May 26, 2022 9:36 PM

if that person coughs or sneezes on you...you can get it too.

by Anonymousreply 503May 26, 2022 9:40 PM

Why was an obviously sick man with visible sores allowed to board a plane from Nigeria??

by Anonymousreply 504May 26, 2022 9:58 PM

I heart r498

by Anonymousreply 505May 26, 2022 9:59 PM

[quote] you need skin to skin contact

False. It can also be transmitted from "respiratory droplets."

by Anonymousreply 506May 26, 2022 10:00 PM

I think it needs to be prolonged exposure (i.e., 3 hours) right next to an infected person to get it via droplets in the air. It sounds like it really takes some effort to contract this, unlike COVID.

by Anonymousreply 507May 26, 2022 10:19 PM

Ha! The old whores win this round, pretty soon they will be the only fuckable ones, while the young unvaccinated whores sport pox scars like a scarlet letter.

by Anonymousreply 508May 26, 2022 10:37 PM

No they won’t r508

Nobody wants old embittered whores even if that’s the only option

by Anonymousreply 509May 26, 2022 10:40 PM

Just came back from a couple of blow 'n gos at the local adult vid store. Yes, they still exist lol. Both guys who face-fucked me didn't have any lesions and appeared healthy. I can still taste their cum coating my throat. That whetted my appetite for what's to come (no pun intended) this weekend, when my DL married black FB with 9.5 inches gets into town with his wench/gash and two brats. My hole has been yearning for him all week, and we will be hooking up, monkey pox or no monkey pox. He is very clever at throwing that dumb bitch off the scent. Call me a whore, a perv, a slut, a ho, a nympho, whatever, but don't call me unsatisfied. Ah, I love being gay!!!

by Anonymousreply 510May 26, 2022 10:51 PM

🥰 r510

An inspiration to us all

by Anonymousreply 511May 26, 2022 11:22 PM

this thread is making me look up numbers for conversion therapy

by Anonymousreply 512May 26, 2022 11:23 PM

R510 = a whore, a perv, a slut, a ho, a nympho, whatever, but will be unsatisfied within 4 hours….

by Anonymousreply 513May 27, 2022 12:01 AM

R513 To me that post reads like a CliffsNotes version of a Nifty story if you know what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 514May 27, 2022 12:22 AM

In other words, r510 is a normal man r513

by Anonymousreply 515May 27, 2022 12:24 AM

Share any promising leads R512.

by Anonymousreply 516May 27, 2022 1:15 AM

[quote]To me that post reads like a CliffsNotes version of a Nifty story if you know what I mean.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517May 27, 2022 1:24 AM

R517 Ha! That poster up-thread forgot about the "lovely shoes!"

by Anonymousreply 518May 27, 2022 1:30 AM

You wouldn't wear lovely shoes to whore it up at a porn store.

by Anonymousreply 519May 27, 2022 1:40 AM

R519 Speak for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 520May 27, 2022 1:42 AM

My husband is such a nervous nelly. We have an open relationship. We love each other and are committed to each other emotionally, but we are adult and mature enough to realize that monogamy is not viable to maintaining a LTR. We have certain rules. Up until a few weeks it was just about anything goes within the confines of our rules. We had planned to spend the holiday weekend procuring hookups on grindr, but he is reluctant and is trying to talk me out of it. I told him, hell no, we had planned this for weeks and I'm not going suddenly turn into chicken little. I guess I was wondering if anyone here in a similar type of relationship is at conflict with his partner about whether it's safe to hook up with strangers. He's being a real kiljoy, and I've been giving him the cold shoulder all night

by Anonymousreply 521May 27, 2022 2:09 AM

You have concocted a sexual fantasy with you as the heroine

by Anonymousreply 522May 27, 2022 2:26 AM

R521 my advice would be to stop acting like a cunt to your partner who mostly gives you everything you want. if you don't respect or trust him enough to put a temporary pause on your whoring then you probably shouldn't be together

by Anonymousreply 523May 27, 2022 2:31 AM

R521 has been and/or will be a disease vector for his "nervous nelly" husband (on the off-chance the husband exists outside of R521's imagination, anyway).

by Anonymousreply 524May 27, 2022 2:49 AM

Monkeypox! The subject was Monkeypox! (to paraphrase a play in which delusion as a coping mechanism to get through life played a major role).

by Anonymousreply 525May 27, 2022 2:53 AM

r486 Northern Irish twink pornstar Dean young recently travelled to the Pride festival in Gran Canaria were big monkeypox outbreak occured.He could well have unintentionally seeded monkeypox it in his local community.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526May 27, 2022 3:14 AM

R514 Her you go - A whore, a perv, a slut, a ho, and, a nympho walk into a bar. The bartender says, "the usual, Steve?"

by Anonymousreply 527May 27, 2022 3:31 AM

Milo’s been reduced to posting 4th rate Nifty posts on Datalounge

Sad

by Anonymousreply 528May 27, 2022 4:31 AM

[Quote]but we are adult and mature enough to realize that monogamy is not viable to maintaining a LTR.

But not adult and mature enough to control yourself and stop fucking everything in sight for a few weeks. Your hookups will still be there in a month. Why not just have sex with each other??

[Quote]He's being a real kiljoy, and I've been giving him the cold shoulder all night

You disrespect his feelings, fears, legitimate concerns, and then treat him like shit.

by Anonymousreply 529May 27, 2022 5:28 AM

r529=fat frau cunt. You're not wanted here.

by Anonymousreply 530May 27, 2022 5:44 AM

Ugh, I took several raw loads last weekend and now I've got a fever, fucking great.

by Anonymousreply 531May 27, 2022 7:43 AM

^CONGRATULATIONS! You've got Fast Acting AIDS! Now with 20% more thrushy goodness!!

by Anonymousreply 532May 27, 2022 10:46 AM

[quote]Authorities tasked with tracing the cases in the Spanish capital say they have now uncovered a common theme among the infected — they all attended the same unnamed sauna.

The sauna has been named: Sauna GI Joe, which hosted a CumUnion Party on May 19.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533May 27, 2022 11:13 AM

I think I found a monkey pock on my finger. Could it just be a little blister? DataLounge, hold me, I'm scared.

by Anonymousreply 534May 27, 2022 11:32 AM

From source below: 69 new monkeypox cases were reported on Thursday, the biggest one-day increase to date.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535May 27, 2022 2:06 PM

Thanks for the tracker 535!

by Anonymousreply 536May 27, 2022 2:36 PM

Monkey pox is going to explode among the wanton whores this weekend. They're keenly aware of the potential consequences of their actions, so I have little sympathy. If I were them, I would lock myself in my house till this blows over. But of course they won't do that, since that takes a modicum of self-control, which they lack, along with humility. Just because nature gifted you with good looks, doesn't mean you need to be arrogant about your hotness and shun and reject guys who don't have your level of hotness. Maybe monkey pox will bring their arrogance down a notch or two, and they'll be BEGGING for sex from the ugly and average-looking guys they were rejecting only a couple of weeks earlier. Wouldn't that scenario be delicious?

by Anonymousreply 537May 27, 2022 2:47 PM

A public health official in one of the biggest cities is a friend... said last night they are dreading Pride, from a public health perspective.

by Anonymousreply 538May 27, 2022 2:55 PM

r537 yep bussies will be spread coast to coast this weekend...I just hope the vaccine will be widely available in the coming weeks!

by Anonymousreply 539May 27, 2022 2:55 PM

I wouldn't count on a vaccine, R539. They're aiming for close contacts, not the general public. But if they think they've been exposed and get a shot within four days of symptoms, they've got a good chance of not spending four weeks with scabs and the rest of their life with scars.

by Anonymousreply 540May 27, 2022 2:57 PM

r540 I don't think its fair that people should have to wait until they've likely been exposed to get a vax. If this thing was affecting primarily straight people you know that vaccine would be on every corner by now...

by Anonymousreply 541May 27, 2022 3:01 PM

That's not factual, R541. There are about a thousand doses of the new vaccine, 100,000,000 of the previous but it comes with substantial side effect risk. The virus spreads inefficiently. Mass immunization is neither necessary nor feasible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542May 27, 2022 3:15 PM

Fair, r541? FAIR? Do you think it's fair that unattractive people are always being rejected by these smug assholes who are unable to see anything beyond a pretty face, pumped pecs, and six pack abs? Do you think it's FAIR that unattractive people are always viewed as veritable pariahs with leprosy by these cocky whores? Do you think it's FAIR That unattractive people can't have access, even just once!, to the pretty boys that are so desired? I'll tell you what FAIR is! FAIR is these whores finally getting a taste of their own medicine.

by Anonymousreply 543May 27, 2022 3:34 PM

r542 I get what you're saying but as inefficiently as it spreads it certainly is efficient at transferring from gay man to gay man. And out of an abundance of caution with this, high risk should = gay.

After COVID Im sick of having to wait until things get out of control before people get off their ass. We all know damn well every other gay man that exists is having raw sex frequently with PrEP, which creates the perfect storm for this to eventually proliferate. I'm sorry but if the numbers spike in June they need to go ahead and make the vax available to gay men who want it.

by Anonymousreply 544May 27, 2022 3:34 PM

Is MP the new superAIDS?

by Anonymousreply 545May 27, 2022 3:36 PM

[quote]We all know damn well every other gay man that exists is having raw sex frequently with PrEP, which creates the perfect storm for this to eventually proliferate.

I don't think wearing a condom would protect one from monkeypox.

by Anonymousreply 546May 27, 2022 3:51 PM

i'm honestly kind of surprised that Terry Miller is going to IML this weekend. He and Dan Savage were at the Brussels fetish event that had multiple cases of monkeypox associated with it and Dan briefly and vaguely talked about monkeypox on this latest podcast. The warning signs are there that IML could be a super spreader. Maybe Terry is just planning on getting paid to have a couple photos taken and they're not doing an orgy in their hotel room this year?

by Anonymousreply 547May 27, 2022 5:15 PM

Dan Savage is too old to be having circuit sex.

by Anonymousreply 548May 27, 2022 5:18 PM

Do Terry Miller and Dan Savage seem to you the types to forgo an orgasm for any reason?

by Anonymousreply 549May 27, 2022 5:19 PM

actually I listened to more of the podcast and he talked a little bit more in depth about it. He even questioned the safety of IML. But seems to come to the conclusion that everything is fine and you just shouldn't fuck if you're feeling sick. On Instagram his husband said he is working the event so I guess they're at peace with it.

by Anonymousreply 550May 27, 2022 5:28 PM

R548 I'm pretty sure his husband has a lot of sex. And his husband's 20 something boyfriend probably pulls in a lot of guys too. And Dan's much younger boyfriend probably pulls in a lot of guys. I think he gets incidental sex at orgies.

by Anonymousreply 551May 27, 2022 5:29 PM

The Montreal cases have been traced back to a sauna. I wonder how many of those guys will be in Chicago this weekend?

by Anonymousreply 552May 27, 2022 5:31 PM

A shocking amount of fat guys on Twitter seem to spend all of their money going from one gay sex party/event to another, all over the world. It's kind of staggering

by Anonymousreply 553May 27, 2022 5:34 PM

R553 oh fuck, that was a big typo on my part 🤣 that should read "a shocking amount of gay* guys"

by Anonymousreply 554May 27, 2022 5:46 PM

You know it's an issue when gay guys are being called (disease vectors).

by Anonymousreply 555May 27, 2022 6:20 PM

I don't like the Deja Vu I am having, personally. It is probably Covid fatigue, but I was a teenager in the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 556May 27, 2022 7:02 PM

I was a kid in the 80s R556 and this is starting to seem really familiar.

by Anonymousreply 557May 27, 2022 7:15 PM

MARY! Calm down. This is nothing like HIV, which lies dormant for years before progressing to AIDS, which practically has a 100% mortality rate if left untreated. This strain of MP has a negligible mortality rate and is easily treated. The worst outcome for most people will be scarring. I guess for some, that's a fate worse than death.

by Anonymousreply 558May 27, 2022 7:38 PM

Me too.

by Anonymousreply 559May 27, 2022 7:39 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560May 27, 2022 8:52 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561May 27, 2022 8:53 PM

Great the Daily Mail shriller is filling up this with links to that alarmist rag

Didn’t Muriel red tag you r561?

by Anonymousreply 562May 27, 2022 9:10 PM

But is it true, r562?

by Anonymousreply 563May 27, 2022 9:48 PM

Have any sluts exploded in a shower of puss yet?

by Anonymousreply 564May 27, 2022 9:52 PM

Puss(y)? YASSSSSSSSS

by Anonymousreply 565May 27, 2022 10:45 PM

That's a golden shower of pus, sex negative!

by Anonymousreply 566May 27, 2022 10:50 PM

My hot new neighbor just blocked me on grindr. Guess the little whore thinks he's too good for me. Looking forward to 6-8 weeks from now when he starts begging for my ass because no one else will have him.

by Anonymousreply 567May 28, 2022 1:32 AM

Yes, R567, he’ll be begging you to come over to pop his postules.

by Anonymousreply 568May 28, 2022 1:51 AM

R567 you are doing a wonderful job!

Keep up the good work.

by Anonymousreply 569May 28, 2022 2:19 AM

Wow. A whopping 10 cases in the US. The sky is falling (again).

by Anonymousreply 570May 28, 2022 2:31 AM

So it’s the Eurosluts who are bearing the brunt of it for now. And some dopey Canadians.

by Anonymousreply 571May 28, 2022 3:05 AM

American cases will go up, you know how competitive bottoms can be.

by Anonymousreply 572May 28, 2022 3:09 AM

just wait a few more weeks, the number in the US will definitely increase...sluts are gonna slut during pride week.

by Anonymousreply 573May 28, 2022 5:21 AM

This thread is light on important developing information and heavy on fantasy. There should be a separate thread that is more info centric.

by Anonymousreply 574May 28, 2022 5:25 AM

You neighbor dodged a bullet.

by Anonymousreply 575May 28, 2022 5:25 AM

Did the current superspread start from the UK and move on to Spain etc and to Canada etc?

by Anonymousreply 576May 28, 2022 5:34 AM

Why didn't children of the 80's get the vaccine? Why did they discontinue it? It seemed like they stopped given them out in the mid to late 70's. I had all the vaccines but I don't think I'm vaccinated for small pocks and I've been reluctant to get fucked until I know more info. I feel like once it's all over Europe, it all over the US in the next few weeks with Pride.

by Anonymousreply 577May 28, 2022 6:32 AM

I think I’ve decided to skip pride this year. Between Covid and monkey pox, it’s just not wise.

by Anonymousreply 578May 28, 2022 6:37 AM

Is MP the new Aids? I don't have it in me to attend multiple funerals for friends in any given week or read daily obits of young single men who died and who were survived my many loving nieces and nephews, like gay men experienced in the bleak days of Aids. I can't. I just can't.

by Anonymousreply 579May 28, 2022 6:41 AM

I was in SF last weekend and I opted not to be the whore I was planning to be the week prior. Like any disease that is of "concern", I'd like to see what this is all about with more info. I would still totally fuck if someone amazing walked through the door, but maybe I wouldn't win the "Prize Mare" award at the Horse Market event, like I might usually.

by Anonymousreply 580May 28, 2022 6:45 AM

Italy has confirmed 12 new cases. At least one has been reported to be a gay man who was visiting the sauna in Spain which has been closed due to an outbreak. Argentina has confirmed two new cases both from adult males who have traveled from Spain. Malta has just reported their first case. An adult male who was traveling overseas.

by Anonymousreply 581May 28, 2022 7:14 AM

60 new cases were confirmed worldwide yesterday bringing the total to 398.

by Anonymousreply 582May 28, 2022 7:15 AM

There has been an outbreak in Quebec. 25 confirmed cases where a majority of them have been traced back to a sauna in Montreal called G.I. Joe's.

by Anonymousreply 583May 28, 2022 7:17 AM

remember during the debates when joe biden said the stereotype of gay men visiting bathhouses was a relic from the past and doesn't reflect reality. LOL

by Anonymousreply 584May 28, 2022 7:19 AM

At this point, between all the violence, wars, raping, covid denial, science denial, Repug voting, disease spreading, sex obsession crap, I think we need to just lock all men away from society for a generation or two. At the very least, we need to take their vote and ability to run for office away. They've proven they just are not mentally capable of such level of responsibility. They just don't have the intellectual capabilities as a whole.

by Anonymousreply 585May 28, 2022 7:21 AM

[quote] remember during the debates when joe biden said the stereotype of gay men visiting bathhouses was a relic from the past and doesn't reflect reality.

Joe certainly doesn't

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586May 28, 2022 7:27 AM

International Mr. Leather was cancelled 2x for covid. Those guys are going to die if they can't have their event this year. Now, they'll only get Monkey Pox which is not as serious as death.

by Anonymousreply 587May 28, 2022 7:30 AM

R586 = CUNT LINKING TO TROLL SITE

by Anonymousreply 588May 28, 2022 7:32 AM

Soon it will be down to zero.

by Anonymousreply 589May 28, 2022 9:37 AM

Because this is being labeled a “gay” disease, there are many people that will hide their symptoms.

There are definitely more cases than are being reported; not sure why people are acting as if the issue is being blown out of proportion.

by Anonymousreply 590May 28, 2022 10:07 AM

[quote]Did the current superspread start from the UK and move on to Spain etc and to Canada etc?

So first, a little context. There are 448 people with confirmed or suspected cases - in the world. Population 7.9 billion. These 448 people are spread across 25 countries. There are 195 countries in the world. This suggests it's reasonable to think it is true - the disease spreads slowly and inefficiently. It's also hard to ignore or mistake: there's a rash. Flu like symptoms could be anything from COVID to flu to a hangover. Rash is rash.

The point is 448 people [italic]in the whole world[/italic] can be contact traced and provided care and awareness of the need to keep apart and, if need be, treatment, which exists. With AIDS at the beginning, you just died. With COVID at the beginning, you could die. Nobody's died of Monkey Pox to date.

And increasingly transmission chains seem to be emerging. A fetish event in Belgium, a Pride event in Grand Canaria, bath houses in Montreal and somewhere in Spain.

If you want to protect yourself while this is ring fenced by the public health people, whore it down a notch if that's your thing and avoid sex with people you don't know at bath houses and other celebrations of sex positivity.

Even in the parts of Africa where Monkey Pox is endemic, there aren't constant outbreaks... it's endemic in animal reservoirs and occassionally spills over into the human population. This isn't good, but it isn't AIDS or COVID and we have the ability to chose wisely for a period of time.

by Anonymousreply 591May 28, 2022 11:45 AM

r591 has just described how all diseases start - a few at first.

by Anonymousreply 592May 28, 2022 12:41 PM

All diseases are not equal in how they spread, how they are prevented, or how they are treated, R591. Are you afraid?

by Anonymousreply 593May 28, 2022 12:51 PM

[quote] whore it down a notch

Love that.

by Anonymousreply 594May 28, 2022 12:53 PM

Are the transmen all identifying back to being women with short hair yet?

by Anonymousreply 595May 28, 2022 1:08 PM

Gay Pride parade is June 26 in NYC. it's gonna explode. I'm sure there are loads of pride events and parades around the world in the next few weeks.

mega spreading events....

monkey pox is coming near you!

by Anonymousreply 596May 28, 2022 1:12 PM

[quote] There are 448 people with confirmed or suspected cases

A few days ago it was one. Then two, then four. Then....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597May 28, 2022 1:21 PM

R591, no health official, as far as I know of, has committed to the idea that we know, or can estimate, the number of actual cases in Europe and the United States. To the contrary, a number of known cases were in men who had not travelled internationally, meaning that the virus has been circulating "in the community." Right now, we cannot assume that we know the number of people who have it.

by Anonymousreply 598May 28, 2022 1:26 PM

PART 3:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599May 28, 2022 1:45 PM

Bajour!

by Anonymousreply 600May 28, 2022 2:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!