Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

VA Rep suing Barnes & Noble for selling LGBT books

It's not just about schools, folks. They're coming after private businesses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 23, 2022 3:24 AM

They literally sell hentai at Barnes and Noble, and they want to go after the books with gay characters? I worked there for a couple months, and you'd be surprised how many parents were unknowingly paying for their 13-16 yo son or daughter's hentai books (thinking it was only just normal mangas). I'd just ask for their ID, and the parents would either scold their kids and ask to put it back, or they'd obliviously just go with it.

by Anonymousreply 1May 20, 2022 2:11 PM

OP, the fact that this thread went no where is precisely why this country is going to shit. I'm sure if you started a thread about some small, liberal arts college in the middle of no where decided to have every one be called "they," you would get a few hundred responses, but example after example after example of Republicans violating the constitution and marching this country towards fascism.

Democracy does in fact die in darkness.

by Anonymousreply 2May 22, 2022 8:59 PM

Dig further into the story and sure enough it turns out to be tranny nonsense zzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 3May 22, 2022 9:29 PM

R3, so the fuck what? Now you feel that the govt should be allowed to tell book stores what to sell because you hate trans people? Jesus fucking Christ, do you idiots obsessed with hating trans even understand the First amendment or do you just think it only applies to Elon Musk getting to be a fucking douchebag all of the time and whining about being attacked?

How low have you people sunk?

by Anonymousreply 4May 22, 2022 9:52 PM

R3 thinks censorship is cool

by Anonymousreply 5May 22, 2022 9:56 PM

I’d like to sue them for selling Bibles.

by Anonymousreply 6May 22, 2022 9:59 PM

I mean I dont agree with it anyway but the title is somewhat misleading. They are suing B&N for selling those books to the schools, because they deem them obscene by minors. Not defending it but alarmists clickbait titles annoy me.

by Anonymousreply 7May 22, 2022 11:24 PM

Also its 2 books, not all LGBTQ books.

by Anonymousreply 8May 22, 2022 11:25 PM

Sure, R8, because they always stop at just the two books. Always.

by Anonymousreply 9May 22, 2022 11:35 PM

You're literary ignoring the sentiment of "First they came for..." And of course, you will laugh off my pointing to that, because people always do that before it's too late.

"It's just two books." They've gotta start somewhere, so do what you always do: Defend the infringement on freedoms unless it's an opportunity to bitch about the left and "cancel culture."

by Anonymousreply 10May 22, 2022 11:38 PM

[Quote] They are suing B&N for selling those books to the schools, because they deem them obscene by minors.

So B&N are forcing them on schools? They’re hiding them in the books they sell to schools?

by Anonymousreply 11May 23, 2022 1:47 AM

R311 FFS I didn't say I agreed with it.

by Anonymousreply 12May 23, 2022 2:03 AM

R10 you seem to have read way too much into my post. Calm down. I was clarifying clickbait. I don't agree with it (at all) but the titles was misleading. If people want to get mad, have them get mad, but5 at what's actually happening.

by Anonymousreply 13May 23, 2022 2:07 AM

Shut up R12/13. You’re fucking annoying.

by Anonymousreply 14May 23, 2022 3:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!