Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Did Matt Lauer and Katie Couric do it?

Who cares about will they/won't they romcoms. I want did they/didn't they newsroom tales.

by Anonymousreply 25October 7, 2022 12:41 PM

Ewww! I hope not. He’s gross.

by Anonymousreply 1May 19, 2022 10:00 AM

Matt Lauer was handsome back in the day. Most everyone thought so. Including me. He was considered a hunky anchor. I was a teen in the '90s, which I think was his heyday.

I remember that Couric's husband died in the late '90s and Lauer married his first wife shortly afterward. Like later that year. Some people I knew speculated/hoped that she would rebound with Lauer in a sordid, scandalous affair before he tied the knot and afterward they would settle down together. 😂

by Anonymousreply 2May 19, 2022 10:17 AM

R1 AND R2 are both right! Lauer was well regarded and considered a "hunk" back in the day. But I never understood it. I always thought he was gross. That was before the bald head trend started for White men. I remember thinking "he looks like an old man" even though he wasn't that old at the time.

All those newsmen were whores back in the day. I actually think Katie had a little crush on Bryant Gumbel. She would giggle with him across the news desk. Katie is very catty and talks shit about a lot of people but she's never said anything too bad about Gumbel.

Gumbel's first wife divorced him alleging adultery in that he fucked over 50 women in their 27 year marriage. Was Katie one of them? I doubt it. But Bryant and Katie sure did have amazing on-air chemistry! It was never the same after he left.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 19, 2022 6:21 PM

R3 though I was only 10/11 at the time, I vaguely remember the scandal when Deborah Norville departed THE TODAY SHOW and was replaced by Couric. What was the chemistry like between Gumbel and Norville?

by Anonymousreply 4May 20, 2022 9:06 AM

R4 Bryant and Deborah definitely weren't fucking. You are correct, they did not get along, but I think it was because Deborah Norville was messy.

Deborah replaced Jane Pauley (who was on the show for (13 years). And Katie Couric (who was on the show 15 years) replaced Deborah who was only in the co-host chair a year and a half. Ratings dropped when Deborah came on board.

When Deborah had a baby, they shuffled her on out the door. She never returned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 21, 2022 5:26 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 21, 2022 3:48 PM

R6 that is the most disgusting thing I've ever heard. What a fucking pig she is.

by Anonymousreply 7May 21, 2022 5:14 PM

The awkwardest moment ever on The Today Show was Ann Curry’s last day where she gives her goodbye speech at the end of the show and Matt leans in for a hug and Ann cringes and is like ‘get the fuck away from me you traitor’. She didn’t say that but you could tell she was thinking it. Matt backed away and looked so guilty knowing the he got her fired. Awkward moment.

by Anonymousreply 8May 21, 2022 5:18 PM

The women aimed higher. Katie went for rich businessmen. Deborah married a prince or some royalty rich bizman from another country.

by Anonymousreply 9May 21, 2022 5:20 PM

Deborah Norville has been doing just fine on Inside Edition for the past million years...Katie Couric was anchor on CBS evening Newsywars ago, and when Jeff Glor was at the desk with a news story, Katie got all flustered and googoo eyed over the boyishly handsome Jeff Glor, who is still hot and sexy all these years later on CBS Saturday morning, I've always had a man crush on him too, he's adorable!! :-)

by Anonymousreply 10May 21, 2022 6:49 PM

^^ years ago

by Anonymousreply 11May 21, 2022 6:50 PM

R6

FYI, For a reputable journalist, Inside Edition is a huge step down from The Today Show!

It has been widely rumored that Norville was seen by the audience as the "Homewrecker" for kicking Jane Pauley out. However, Norville not getting along with co-workers lends credence to that rumor. When I said she was "messy," I meant her talking shit about her co-workers right after she left. What she did was unprofessional. Even though most of us felt that Lauer got Curry fired, even she did not do that. It took her years to speak publicly about it. Ann Curry has class. Deborah Norville does not.

Also, Katie didn't like Norville either. If you read between the lines of Katie's new book, she says that her GUARDED relationships with female co-workers at The Today Show was due to what happened between Norville and Pauley. That, coupled with Norville talking shit about co-workers immediately after she leaves suggests that even Norville didn't think her departure was solely based on her roll out. She sounded like she had an axe to grind. This lends credence to her being common denominator. It seems like Norville was highly problematic while she was there. Her relationships, the way she maneuvered the work place, along with the low ratings probably all led to her being fired.

Suffice to say, she wasn't fucking anybody at NBC! Maybe that was the problem! 😂

by Anonymousreply 12May 22, 2022 7:03 PM

As always, the truth is probably somewhere in between.

by Anonymousreply 13May 22, 2022 8:08 PM

[quote]FYI, For a reputable journalist, Inside Edition is a huge step down from The Today Show!

You mean news readers/news actors. 3-4 million viewers daily for Inside Edition. How is Yahoo news working out for Katie?

by Anonymousreply 14June 4, 2022 3:01 AM

Deborah is now the longest serving female anchor of a national news program is history. Sure it is Inside Edition, but many people watch it who wouldn't watch other news programs watch her. As for the talking about her coworkers, I understand it. She felt like she was robbed of her big break, and she is a Georgia beauty pageant girl, she is basically like if you mixed Suzanne Sugarbaker and Corky Sherwood together.

by Anonymousreply 15June 4, 2022 4:02 AM

^ in not "is. sorry.

by Anonymousreply 16June 4, 2022 5:02 AM

Perish the thought, OP, I think that each of them even had better taste than that.

by Anonymousreply 17June 4, 2022 5:25 AM

Lauers fall from grace was quite spectacular. Him and Charlie Rose were some of the biggest me too takedowns in media.

by Anonymousreply 18June 4, 2022 10:43 AM

I found Couric's "Goodness, I had no IDEA about Matt!" interviews less than convincing.

I would NOT be surprised if they had a thing and she is covering for him now in hopes that it will encourage him not to talk about it.

by Anonymousreply 19June 4, 2022 12:25 PM

I still miss Charlie in the mornings.

by Anonymousreply 20June 4, 2022 12:34 PM

R20 Find another fragrance, you old whore.

by Anonymousreply 21June 4, 2022 12:41 PM

R20 I wish Charlie woulda walked in naked on me while I was trying to work. I bet he has a long schlong!

by Anonymousreply 22June 5, 2022 9:40 AM

R14 /R15 Say what you like, Norville getting dumped from the Today Show was a fall from grace. She never recovered. She was on the fast track to be huge. Good for her that she has remained employed (certainly better than most people could dream of), but it's far less than what she could have become.

[Quote]How is Yahoo news working out for Katie?

She is 65 years old and had a long and (what most would say) successful career in journalism on major network programs. That bitch doesn't have to work anymore. I think anyone would rather have had Katie's career than Deborah's --- even Deborah, since that was the type of career she wanted before she got shit-canned.

by Anonymousreply 23June 5, 2022 9:46 AM

Did Matt lauer pump Amy Robach or Natalie Morales? Natalie denies it. However before she got The Talk she would go to stay in a hotel the night before she left for an assignment. She would go down to the bar and have a one night stand with whichever guy she fancied. I think she's a lying hussy,harlot and a whore!

by Anonymousreply 24October 7, 2022 11:09 AM

Jeff Zucker, of CNN, was at NBC during Curic and Lauers's time there? Well, that explains a lot. Was he there when Gumbel was there too? I never bought her cutsey act. I doubt if she fucked Lauer, if she had Zucker in her corner.

by Anonymousreply 25October 7, 2022 12:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!