Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Did Robert Downey Jr ever hook up with his Weird Science co-star Robert Rusler?

So, I recently discovered that Robert Rusler, who co-starred with Mark Patton in A Nightmare On Elm Street 2, is apparently bisexual. If you look at his Facebook profile, he says he’s interested in men and women. To be honest, I was surprised, as I did not get any gay vibe from him. Plus, he is married with four children.

But it’s interesting to learn that Mark Patton wasn’t the only queer actor in NOES 2.

And seeing how Robert Downey Jr used to be openly bi, is it too much of a stretch to think he and Robert Rusler hooked up while filming Weird Science together?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 20, 2024 7:07 AM

Weird. His Facebook page does say he likes men and women and he’s married to a wife and has kids. I’m not proposing bi-erasure, but that seems like an overshare.

by Anonymousreply 1May 19, 2022 8:50 AM

Maybe it was an error when he selected it? I don't know. But I think he was one of the hottest men of the '80s. He still looks good. He was so sexy in Shag.

by Anonymousreply 2May 19, 2022 8:56 AM

R22 Drew Barrymore once said*most actors in Hollywood are bisexual "

She would know, having grown up there

I said it before and I'll say it again, there are more bisexual men than gay men, it's just that almost ALL bisexual men are likely to not be open about it so it goes undetected

Straight people think every man who likes men is a flaming queen and is obvious and they're all 100% gay (no male bisexuality!) , it makes them feel more comfortable that way, when it's not true at all

Fraus definitely think this

by Anonymousreply 3May 19, 2022 9:01 AM

Could it be some woke liberal men just say they are bi just to be inclusive?

by Anonymousreply 4May 19, 2022 9:07 AM

I always felt there are just as many truly str8 men as gay men in the world. The rest are bi-sexual.

by Anonymousreply 5May 19, 2022 9:21 AM

He does not give off any gay vibes because he's a top who like only to get sucked off and fuck fem bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 6May 19, 2022 11:35 AM

OP, not everyone uses Facebook as a hook-up site. Plenty of people set it to "men and women" they're interested in because they want to make friends. I have family members who do the same and they're definitely not gay or even bi.

Not everything in the world is about fucking.

by Anonymousreply 7May 19, 2022 11:38 AM

R7 It's not? Now you tell me!

by Anonymousreply 8May 19, 2022 11:42 AM

Is there a tape out there?

by Anonymousreply 9May 19, 2022 11:42 AM

Rusler was hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 19, 2022 12:01 PM

I kissed someone in R10’s photo!

by Anonymousreply 11May 19, 2022 12:16 PM

R10, is that a young Johnny Rapid on the far left? I believe he’s bisexual, too.

by Anonymousreply 12May 19, 2022 12:37 PM

R12, at the far left is Jay R. Ferguson, whom I remember as Stan Rizzo in "Mad Men." I don't know what else he's done.

by Anonymousreply 13May 19, 2022 1:21 PM

I must say looking at R10s photo, David Arquette is an example of someone who got more attractive as they got older.

by Anonymousreply 14May 19, 2022 2:09 PM

And what the fuck was going on on the set of My Own Private Idaho? Rodney Harvey, the hot guy in the center, died of a heroine and cocaine overdose just like River Phoenix, in 1998. His wiki says he started using on the set of My Own Private Idaho. Who introduced it to whom? How did Keanu escape all of that?

by Anonymousreply 15May 19, 2022 2:20 PM

The old geocities gossip site listed Robert Rusler as gay actually. I was kind of surprised he was on there since he wasn't a major star. I wonder if he shagged his openly gay co-star from Shag, Scott Coffey.

by Anonymousreply 16May 19, 2022 2:53 PM

R12 Was Johnny Rapid even born yet when that show came out?

by Anonymousreply 17May 19, 2022 2:54 PM

He was hot. I'm glad he's openly bisexual

by Anonymousreply 18May 19, 2022 3:20 PM

R13 he’s on The Conners now. His character just got married to lesbian Darlene.

by Anonymousreply 19May 19, 2022 3:28 PM

R15 Rodney Harvey definitely messes around with dudes

I know his family from South Philly, his Mom Lois passed last year

His manager was gay and they lived together and poses for Christmas cards together with their dog...

by Anonymousreply 20May 19, 2022 3:39 PM

There are lots more bisexuals than we think, they congregate in the unlikeliest of places like straight clubs,gyms and bars, and walk carefully among extremely femme or activist gay- that might target or expose them. There are “tells” like an over starched shirt, a barely there bright pop of color on the underside of clothing, or an impeccable manicure.

They cruise in stealth mode and you’d never realize if you were straight it was a pass.

Here’s a test- visit any very high end hotel lobby or bar and check out those out of the way bathrooms tucked by the auditorium or meeting halls. It’s a fuckfest in there! You can see the cum all over the walls of the stalls and I’ve been in some of the finest hotels all over the nation.

by Anonymousreply 21May 19, 2022 3:47 PM

R14, Thanks, that was funny.

by Anonymousreply 22May 19, 2022 3:50 PM

[quote]I must say looking at R10s photo, David Arquette is an example of someone who got more attractive as they got older

I’ve been mistaken for David Arquette more times in my life than I can count. When Scream first came out, it got out of control. People stopping me in the streets and following me. I was in a bar and this totally drunk guy was slurring something I couldn’t understand and after saying about five “I’m sorry, I couldn’t quite make that out” his head snapped up and he shouted “Don’t lie to me you Dewey motherfucker!” and a friend burst into laughter and said “he thinks you’re from Scream”.

My own mom called to tell me she saw a guy on tv who looked *exactly* like me and I said “are you watching Scream?” Yup.

But I have totally silver hair now and he, magically, doesn’t, so people don’t do It anymore.

by Anonymousreply 23May 19, 2022 3:53 PM

Straight. Huge pussyhound.

by Anonymousreply 24May 19, 2022 3:56 PM

Which one is David in r10. I seem to remember he had a cute nose.

by Anonymousreply 25May 19, 2022 4:04 PM

here's a photo of the guy on the left in R10's photo Jay R Ferguson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 19, 2022 4:10 PM

Gurl!

by Anonymousreply 27May 19, 2022 4:14 PM

Bisexuals are like masc or non scene gays. They don't associate with modern gay culture and thus blend into the straight population. You see so many on Grindr.

by Anonymousreply 28May 19, 2022 4:16 PM

Rusler was in "Thrashin'" in 1986 with 18 year old Josh Brolin. I had to get a new VCR after renting the video because the character 'Radley' was so flaming it caught my VCR on fire.

by Anonymousreply 29May 19, 2022 4:24 PM

Matt Dillon is at least bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 30May 19, 2022 4:24 PM

Harold Pruett, the guy behind the girl in the photo at R10, also died of a heroin overdose, in 2002, four years after Rodney Harvey.

by Anonymousreply 31May 19, 2022 5:19 PM

The Outsiders TV show was pretty good. Kept the homoeroticism and male objectification of the original movie. Too bad it didn't last.

by Anonymousreply 32May 19, 2022 5:44 PM

And here are RDJ and RR with their sons! Aw….

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33March 20, 2024 7:01 AM

Rusler is a great big fat pig now. Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 34March 20, 2024 7:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!