Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I gave my daughter a unique name, now I've ruined her future

Frau has meltdown over frau problem she created herself. Is this peak frau?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 19, 2022 8:08 PM

A mum-of-nine is worried that her youngest child's name will limit her ability to find work. Picking a baby name is a huge responsibility.

You want to give your child a name that you love, but that will also suit them as they grow into adulthood.

But sometimes it’s not until you’ve picked one and got the birth certificate that baby name regret can set in. A mum-of-nine – who clearly has A LOT of experience with picking baby names – has revealed that she’s worried she stuffed up when she named her youngest daughter.

“Her elder brothers have traditional, biblical names, and that was the plan for her,” the mum revealed on Mumsnet.

However when her father tragically died when she was pregnant and never got to meet her daughter, she ended up choosing a tribute name. 'I'm worried she won't get a job'

Blaming hormones, the woman said she had chosen a name that she didn’t originally intend – opting to call her daughter Raya. She said Raya herself doesn’t have a problem with her name, but she’s worried she set her daughter up for a hard time when it comes to her future.

“She likes her name and no issues at school apart from the millions of other names ending with "aya" and "iya", but I have had a sense of dread that she'll be denied job opportunities or friendships,” she wrote.

She said she was worried the name sounded “chavvy” – a British word for lower class, or bogan.

“What if everyone hiring is a Millie or a Hugo and they see Raya on her CV,” she wondered. Of course, there’s not much I can do now except steer her to use her traditional middle name.”

by Anonymousreply 1May 19, 2022 7:45 AM

She’s freaking out about Raya…

JFC

by Anonymousreply 2May 19, 2022 7:47 AM

[quote]She’s freaking out about Raya…

Just change the kid's last name to Sunshine.

by Anonymousreply 3May 19, 2022 7:54 AM

The other kids have biblical names. So she's worried that Hezekiah and Esau will have it easier than Raya?

by Anonymousreply 4May 19, 2022 7:58 AM

Champagne 🥂 for all!

by Anonymousreply 5May 19, 2022 8:01 AM

MumsNet features some of the dumbest (and, most fertile) women on the planet. Nine kids for one woman and she likely only stopped because she’s widowed.

I wonder what Biblical names she chose for her 8 sons that aren’t weird…the Book is full of some real doozies. Is there a Zebrediah or Melchizedek?

by Anonymousreply 6May 19, 2022 8:02 AM

R4 beat me to it.

by Anonymousreply 7May 19, 2022 8:02 AM

I was expecting something much weirder than Raya. That’s a Disney name now. It’s probably skyrocketed in popularity.

by Anonymousreply 8May 19, 2022 8:08 AM

Nothing wrong with that name. She should be grateful she didn't call the kid Karen.

by Anonymousreply 9May 19, 2022 8:08 AM

It's a fairly unremarkable story.

More unfortunate is the woman named Ebony who called her child Bleu as in 3 Colours starring Juliette Binoche.

by Anonymousreply 10May 19, 2022 8:14 AM

Tiffany is very Klassy

by Anonymousreply 11May 19, 2022 8:24 AM

"Is this peak frau?"

No, dear. "Peak frau" would kill you.

You'll be the first Datalounger to die of Hissy Fits since the demise of The Prancing Ponies.

God bless.

by Anonymousreply 12May 19, 2022 8:26 AM

Fraus don’t like to use conventional names because they see their baby as part of their “brand”. The brand has to stand out from the crowd so they can see themselves as a cut above the rest. It’s just an extension of the widespread narcissism which pervades our neoliberal culture.

by Anonymousreply 13May 19, 2022 8:27 AM

Mona Chandon

by Anonymousreply 14May 19, 2022 8:33 AM

You should have named her Vagina, pronounced "Vageenah".

by Anonymousreply 15May 19, 2022 8:36 AM

What's the problem?

by Anonymousreply 16May 19, 2022 8:38 AM

Raya = not as bad as Lavarious, Ncuiti, Sha'neequa or Lil Phag.

by Anonymousreply 17May 19, 2022 8:43 AM

How about ‘Lorice’

by Anonymousreply 18May 19, 2022 8:43 AM

Fuck off bitches, you wouldn’t know Klassy if someone christened your head with it!

by Anonymousreply 19May 19, 2022 8:53 AM

Just change it to Karen

by Anonymousreply 20May 19, 2022 9:13 AM

I had no idea Raya was considered a lower class name in the UK. I usually sideeye people who have names with weird spelling like Madisyn, Ashllei or Lyndzee. I also think it's dumb and unoriginal to name your kids after celebrities (Knox) or TV characters (Bella).

by Anonymousreply 21May 19, 2022 9:21 AM

An American mom would have gone with "Anusleigh" or "Merceydeezz" so Raya's mom should tuck her uterus back up from where it's dragging the ground from having so many kids and chill out.

by Anonymousreply 22May 19, 2022 9:41 AM

R19 No, but I can smell the stank when a cheap whore has popped its vage!

by Anonymousreply 23May 19, 2022 9:42 AM

I named my child Dildo and now regret it!

by Anonymousreply 24May 19, 2022 10:06 AM

^ I did just fine.

by Anonymousreply 25May 19, 2022 8:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!