Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BLM founder Patrisse Cullors paid nearly $4M to board secretary, co-founder's brother, and father of her child

The Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation dished out nearly $4 million in consulting payments to its board secretary, co-founder Patrisse Cullors' brother, and the father of Cullors' child.

BLM Global Network, the movement's primary nonprofit, paid $2.1 million to Bowers Consulting, a firm run by Shalomyah Bowers, the foundation's board secretary, between July 2020 and June 2021, according to tax forms the BLM Global Network Foundation provided to the Associated Press.

The nonprofit also pushed $1.8 million to individuals with close ties to Cullors, who stepped away from the group last year.

The Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation dished out nearly $4 million in consulting payments to its board secretary, co-founder Patrisse Cullors' brother, and the father of Cullors' child.

BLM Global Network, the movement's primary nonprofit, paid $2.1 million to Bowers Consulting, a firm run by Shalomyah Bowers, the foundation's board secretary, between July 2020 and June 2021, according to tax forms the BLM Global Network Foundation provided to the Associated Press.

The nonprofit also pushed $1.8 million to individuals with close ties to Cullors, who stepped away from the group last year.

BLACK LIVES MATTER HAS NEARLY $42 MILLION IN ASSETS: IRS DOCUMENTS

Patrisse Cullors is one of the three co-founders of the Black Lives Matter movement. The Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation dished out nearly $4 million in consulting payments to its board secretary, Cullors' brother, and the father of her child.

Patrisse Cullors is one of the three co-founders of the Black Lives Matter movement. The Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation dished out nearly $4 million in consulting payments to its board secretary, Cullors' brother, and the father of her child. Francine Orr/ Los Angeles Times via Getty Images The payments include $970,000 to Trap Heals LLC, a company established by Damon Turner, the father of Cullors' child, and $840,000 to Cullors Protection LLC, a security firm owned by her brother, Paul Cullors, the tax forms show.

The AP report also confirms that the foundation had used its funds to purchase a $6 million Los Angeles mansion, which came under fire following a New York Magazine report.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 19, 2022 11:45 AM

👏SIT👏DOWN OP!!!! You is a RUSSIAN TROLL!!!! She is a beautiful blq Kween and you better respect her as such!!!! YASSSSSSSS KWEEENNNN!!!! YAASASSSSSS!!!! I worship any plus size blq wmn for doing anything!!!!! Eat a corn dog…. yassss yasssss yasssss werk mama!!!!! Poop and wipe ya self….. yassss yasssss yasssss werk mama!!!!! Beat up ya boyfriend cause you on ya period and he ain’t done nothing wrong….. yassss yasssss yasssss werk mama!!!!! Yasssss boots is the house is down yessss yassss Kween Kween!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1May 18, 2022 11:02 PM

That was one helluva grift!

by Anonymousreply 2May 18, 2022 11:05 PM

OP’s she definitely a massive fucking grifter, but due to one attribute of hers that is mentioned a few times….. well yeah we’re not aloud to discuss any wrongdoing by anyone with that… description shall we say, so this thread will probably be deleted.

by Anonymousreply 3May 18, 2022 11:06 PM

She paid her babydaddy FIVE TIMES the amount that BLM gave to the Trayvon Martin Foundation.

JFC.

by Anonymousreply 4May 18, 2022 11:09 PM

Surprise, surprise! 🙄

It's because of these shameless, self-promoting grifters that true social and political activists are tarred with the same brush, and are condemned as greedy leeches. And, to be honest, I have a hard time believing that this isn't done deliberately in order to erode trust on any organizations that genuinely want to change things for the better, and prevent them from receivng any public support.

The hundreds of millions that BLM have been given have disappeared and now we're starting to know where part of the money has gone (only in 2020, they got $90 million). It wouldn't surprise me if we end up discovering that all the money is hidden in some tax haven, or has been used to expand the leadership's investment portfolio. We already know that Patrisse Cullors has 5 properties worth $9 million - in fact, she recently got a $6 million mansion in Studio City to her name, after front man Dyane Pascall "gifted" it to BLM after paying for it in cash.

These people are evil thiefs and execrable opportunists, and I cannot believe that anyone would glorify them as defenders of the oppressed. This Cullors cunt even said that she is 'on survival mode' and barely has enough on which to live!

It's unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 5May 18, 2022 11:10 PM

Is there any kind of oversight of charities in the US? In the UK we have the Charity Commission, and they'd investigate something like this

by Anonymousreply 6May 18, 2022 11:10 PM

This looks corrupt to me.

by Anonymousreply 7May 18, 2022 11:52 PM

Shame on her. Many of the Ferguson and Baltimore activists actually called out BLM for coopting their grassroots movements. Most of BLM is upper-class, privileged Black people who really have no connection to urban poverty. While urban and rural Black activists were building kitchens, cooperatives, credit unions, training centers, providing food, helping out local schools and encouraging education and life skills. These grifters were just telling everyone to hashtag BLACKLIVESMATTER and indiscriminately go on marches that ended up being used by both bums and white supremacists who wanted to loot and burn. No real leadership and they bullied Black people who were criticizing this movement. I called out the fact they were marching in predominately Black neighborhoods and that Black businesses and homes would be destroyed yet got a dirty look. I'm Black btw and I see that this movement was a far cry from March on Washington, Montgomery boycotts, the sit-ins and Black Panthers who actually accomplished things. All performative bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 8May 19, 2022 12:06 AM

She's so brazen about it.

by Anonymousreply 9May 19, 2022 12:09 AM

Privilege personified.

Eh, what else is new? All power corrupts.

by Anonymousreply 10May 19, 2022 12:32 AM

That money should be refunded.

by Anonymousreply 11May 19, 2022 12:37 AM

lmao.

Miss Cullors is confused. She doesn't understand "the blacks" are not permitted to grift as caucasians are allowed to.

by Anonymousreply 12May 19, 2022 12:39 AM

r12 any caucasian charity that so blatantly grifted that many millions and bought several mansions would attract attention as well.

by Anonymousreply 13May 19, 2022 12:42 AM

White guilt was profitable in 2020 and mid 2021

Not anymore now

I wish I had gotten in at the grifting frenzy in that period, but I’m not the right color

by Anonymousreply 14May 19, 2022 12:55 AM

Righteous bucks!

by Anonymousreply 15May 19, 2022 12:56 AM

Give this black ass some money, white soy boy beta cucks

Mama’s got to buy real estate and a whole lotta of Fenty

by Anonymousreply 16May 19, 2022 12:59 AM

I doubt it started out as a grift. They had a stupid amount of money dropped in their laps, there was going to be a fight about it no matter how the money was spent or invested. Money can easily create problems more quickly than it can solve them.

by Anonymousreply 17May 19, 2022 1:03 AM

Yes, R17, I'm sure she was just confused when she hoovered up millions for herself and her family. Gosh, it must be so confusing.

She's a con artist. OBVIOUSLY. And shamelessly!

She's going to end up in prison and the people she ripped off will still cry "racism".

by Anonymousreply 18May 19, 2022 1:08 AM

*Please note that the source of OP's article is Fox News*

Cullors did interviews for the first time this week and that's the ONLY reason the media even picked this up again...for click bait. Its not even newsworthy at this point because she stepped down some time ago.

Cullors had multiple streams of income at the time including publishing and production deals that nothing to do with BLM. She was renting in LA and a financial advisor had to tell her she was actually making enough money to buy a property. From there things just snowballed because she was naĂŻve about the optics of a charity founder investing in property. Also racist Americans like people here who don't think black women can buy and invest in property just like everyone else. So she stepped down so she could resume living her life on her terms. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 19May 19, 2022 1:32 AM

It’s not newsworthy that she gave millions of dollars donated to charity to her family and friends? I beg to differ.

by Anonymousreply 20May 19, 2022 1:43 AM

Nice try, R19. This self-proclaimed communist knows quite a bit about investment properties. She's so obviously a con artist. She might well be the next Trump but on the left wing.

She's got that PT Barnum ethos going strong in her.

by Anonymousreply 21May 19, 2022 1:53 AM

BLM: at this point, much more a liability than anything else

by Anonymousreply 22May 19, 2022 1:55 AM

[quote]She might well be the next Trump but on the left wing.

r21 please spare us your Republican talking points

by Anonymousreply 23May 19, 2022 1:57 AM

I am so offended that she paid her brother for security services, so he could buy this palatial home 🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 19, 2022 2:07 AM

Why would they need money at all? You just announce a protest on Facebook and people show-up.

by Anonymousreply 25May 19, 2022 2:15 AM

R24 it's an investment property. Clearly. There are many homes of that quality that can be had for less than $4 million. Stop pretending she isn't a huckster.

by Anonymousreply 26May 19, 2022 2:18 AM

That money was to help out African-American families in need (including the relatives of the victims of racist police brutality). She used it to line her own pockets and share it amongst members of her own family who it was not intended for nor did they even need it. Disgusting and despicable behavior.

This is the almost same thing as feminists preaching about solidarity and sisterhood amongst women while talking shit about them behind their backs.

by Anonymousreply 27May 19, 2022 2:22 AM

Yes r25, how dare black people actually make a living and have a roof over their head while championing social causes! Only HRC execs are allowed to make 6 figure salaries! Black people should work for free and sell drugs to make ends meet! 🙄

by Anonymousreply 28May 19, 2022 2:23 AM

The point is people get corrupted by money and power. It knows no color. Activists who make it a career and rely on charity from millions of supporters are not any different from pastors from rely on tithing from a big congregation. That disproportional amount of money that falls into their lap would make many people greedy. They should still be held accountable and the lack of transparency ruined their credibility.

by Anonymousreply 29May 19, 2022 2:29 AM

Decades ago I was on the board of a political club in NYC. Clubs primarily make endorsements of candidates in local and state races. We had a policy of carefully vetting the candidates we endorsed and more importantly never endorsing an organization or entering into a "coalition" with other organizations or clubs. The reason we had this policy is you can never predict if an organization would go bad or corrupt down the road and then WE would be tainted. It's been more than 20 years since I have been involved but when I saw individuals and organizations jumping on the movement BLM, which had some organizational structure, I thought of my club's policy.

I recently rejoined but I have no leadership role.

by Anonymousreply 30May 19, 2022 2:34 AM

R28 thanks for giving a preview of how brainless people will justify this grift.

"make a living and have a roof over their head"

Millions of people do this daily with millions less money. Goddamn you are dumb.

by Anonymousreply 31May 19, 2022 2:36 AM

[quote] That money should be refunded

But that's the irony, they ones who gave all that money don't care. The money came from big corporations and rich elites who gave only because they wanted to show how they were all "in" on the cause. They couldn't care less where the money actually went.

by Anonymousreply 32May 19, 2022 2:49 AM

r31 Im one of those millions of people you speak of, but I never lead a transformative social movement during the peak of a 100-year pandemic. So I can't tell someone who did that they should've been making less money for doing it. And its charity; if you don't like it you can find another cause to donate to.

by Anonymousreply 33May 19, 2022 2:49 AM

The general ideas, the most general ideas, namely that Black people should not disproportionately suffer from police and state violence and that racism should end summed up in the statement Black Lives Matter is probably supported by 90 % or more of Black folk in America. That's not a radical idea. Little old church ladies in Alabama support it.

If there was a high level of corruption then the betrayal is immense.

by Anonymousreply 34May 19, 2022 2:56 AM

R33, "its charity"

Yes, it was intended to be a charity, but people who donated millions did not know that it was the "Patrisse Cullors" charity. They thought they would be paying for lawyers, lobbyists, bail, etc.

I guarantee you none of them thought "I need to pay for Patrisse Cullors' house".

Stop lying.

by Anonymousreply 35May 19, 2022 3:07 AM

If you read the original BLM manifesto it is a Marxist attack on capitalism and the nuclear family. So why use the money to buy investment property? Maybe they were con artists from day one.

by Anonymousreply 36May 19, 2022 3:14 AM

This sort of thing is exactly why I crack up when you here the "white man is the devil" rhetoric. On the one hand, I get it. White men have done horrible things. But it's not due to their inherent "whiteness". It's because of their power.

The minute black, brown, gay, trans, poor people, sea otters attain power (usually in the form of wealth)? They do horrible things in order to keep it.

by Anonymousreply 37May 19, 2022 6:35 AM

R37 is right and that fact is the final proof, funnily enough, AGAINST racism. Black people aren't inherently inferior to or lesser than white people. But they're not inherently superior to them either. Every race is human, and this is what a pretty high numbers of humans do when they get access to money and/or power.

by Anonymousreply 38May 19, 2022 6:52 AM

I am shocked, SHOCKED by the grifting

by Anonymousreply 39May 19, 2022 11:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!