Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WHET to people who knew how to start a thread in a friendly, straightforward manner? Suppose I want to talk about Carol Alt.

How not to start a Carol Alt thread:

1) WHET to Carol Alt? Is she dead?

Not amusing to use Datalounge lexis so lazily. A 10 second search would give you basic information to start a decent thread.

2) Carol was NEVER a supermodel! There, I said it.

This is a horrible turnoff of a thread-opener. It's a classic troll. Of course, trolling statements get responses on Datalounge. But it's just not friendly to DLers, or to Carol Alt!

3) Which is Carol Alt's greatest achieventment? A) riding the hottest, thickest hockey player cocks, B) pulling down top dollar for the Noxzema campaign, or C) starring in Snakehead Terror??

This is just mean.

This is a nice thread opener:

"Carol Alt, AKA The Face. Let's discuss this very pretty girl from the Bronx who became a top model in the early 1980s."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 18, 2022 7:55 PM

Hissss hiss hisssssss!

by Anonymousreply 1May 18, 2022 7:26 PM

Your thread title should have read:

Good Thread Titles: WHET to Them?

by Anonymousreply 2May 18, 2022 7:30 PM

Good one, R2. Pithy.

by Anonymousreply 3May 18, 2022 7:31 PM

[quote]"Carol Alt, AKA The Face. Let's discuss this very pretty girl from the Bronx who became a top model in the early 1980s."

I don't care for the person who starts threads this way, honestly. It's usually followed with some question like "What do you remember about Carol Alt, AKA The Face?"

Someone has been writing the same boring posts in the same boring way for about a decade now.

by Anonymousreply 4May 18, 2022 7:36 PM

To each his own, R4. To me, the classic trolling provocative statements really stick in my old craw. It's such corny hoary rhetoric. Seems Jurassian.

by Anonymousreply 5May 18, 2022 7:42 PM

20 years with Alexei Yashin. Yum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 18, 2022 7:47 PM

Is she still with Yashin? It's not clear since most articles are from 5 or 6 years ago.

She was beautiful. Her along with Kim Alexis had real model faces.

by Anonymousreply 7May 18, 2022 7:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!