Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

COLD CASE

I love this show.

And it's back on television!

It's on TNT late night, and it just came back yesterday starting with season one, episode one.

I'm so happy!

My favorite episode is "Forever Blue," about the two gay cops.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 18, 2022 11:07 PM

The two guys from the Forever Blue episode are super hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 18, 2022 5:13 AM

The "It's Raining Men" was another favorite episode.

About a gay guy in the 80's whose boyfriend gets murdered, but the case goes unsolved.

But 25 years later he gets his happy ending.

The ending always makes me cry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 18, 2022 5:17 AM

The soundtracks for the show are good, too.

by Anonymousreply 3May 18, 2022 5:33 AM

There is also "A Time to Hate" with DL fave Brandon Routh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 18, 2022 5:35 AM

Love this show! I was sad when it was cancelled. It was still getting decent ratings but I guess recreating the different time periods was just too expensive.

by Anonymousreply 5May 18, 2022 5:41 AM

Excellent show. Many of the stories were so incredibly moving.

by Anonymousreply 6May 18, 2022 5:55 AM

I had no idea that Justin Chambers used to be on this show, until I saw the first episode.

After looking it up, he only appeared in four of the first five episodes, and then he was "let go."

Does anyone know why?

Justin was replaced with Danny Pino, who lasted until the show ended.

I find that so strange.

He can't have been difficult to work with, because he later got a role on Grey's Anatomy, which lasted for 15 years.

What the hell happened with him on Cold Case?

by Anonymousreply 7May 18, 2022 10:00 AM

It's been on HBOMAX for awhile now along with the equally good WTHOUT A TRACE.

by Anonymousreply 8May 18, 2022 10:07 AM

The show gave a weird explanation for Justin's departure.

Something about him being a diabetic.

by Anonymousreply 9May 18, 2022 8:34 PM

I heard that Kathryn Morris is a real cunt.

True or false?

by Anonymousreply 10May 19, 2022 5:54 PM

This was another gay-themed episode.

"A Time to Hate."

I don't remember the premise, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2022 3:15 AM

R10 I have wondered about that rumor for years.

by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2022 3:18 AM

I guess the best person to ask would be Justin Chambers, since he left the show after only appearing in the first three episodes.

Or maybe Danny Pino. Just because he lasted for seven seasons, he could still have some stories to tell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2022 3:22 AM

I recently watched an episode of Cold Case on TNT called "A Time to Hate," with a young Brandon Routh.

He played a gay character and he looked so handsome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 1, 2022 4:02 AM

OP Jeannot Szwarc directed that episode and the movie Somewhere in Time…so he can manage a tragic love story!

by Anonymousreply 15June 1, 2022 4:18 AM

Based on this streaming on HBOMax and the squealing stans of this thread, I began watching this tonight, starting with Forever Blue.

Good Lord, is this ever cheesy, “frau-alert” pablum. It makes Law & Order seem like Brideshead Revisited. The two actors playing the young cops having a clandestine affair are such terrible actors. But I can see why the storyline is catnip to the caftan set: two straight cops fight—then kiss passionately—while the dumpy wife (with 3 kids no less) spies on them and clutches her pearls in shock. Then, one of them grows up to be hot Daddy Chad Everett.

That being said, it’s a good, safe watch for me to keep on in the bedroom while I fall asleep.

by Anonymousreply 16June 4, 2022 5:18 AM

Lol R16, you described the show perfectly.

But that's what made it so fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 17June 4, 2022 7:50 AM

It was a cheesy show, but I sort of liked that they told the story of victims and what led to the murders. I've rewatched some episodes on HBO Max, but when it comes to other crime procedural shows like the Law&Order, CSI, and NCIS franchises, I have no desire to ever rewatch those shows.

by Anonymousreply 18June 4, 2022 9:21 PM

The storytelling is solid and well written with very little drift.

There’s a systematic approach to the show that’s very attractive nowadays in our hectic, disconnected and polarized world, they almost always solve it inside each episode, and the resolution is crystal clear cut. The woke dial is very low, and Danny Pino is at his prime. I also love that a lot of the story narratives are universal- about love, misplaced intentions, impulses in the heat of passion and familial relationships, or mending them. They also don’t lean on science, forensics or law like other shows- but good old gumshoe detective work.

Several shows reminded me of issues, relationships, and people from my past, this is why it pulls so hard on heartstrings. I just watched an episode where Danny helps his brother and it reminded me of my own brother so much I was crying a bit near the end.

I love that they don’t try to make the cast too loveable, but human.

by Anonymousreply 19September 5, 2022 9:17 AM

Loved this show. I can't imagine how much they have to pay in music rights to put this in syndication.

When they stripped the original 80's music from The Carrie Diaries for rebroadcast, it ruined the show.

by Anonymousreply 20September 5, 2022 10:07 AM

R20, I’m sure they came to more recent contractual agreements that dovetail with streaming rights and much lower residuals per viewer than if they aired it on live TV. It’s only been a couple of years that they relaunched and offered the entire catalog and many media companies have consolidated since then.

by Anonymousreply 21September 5, 2022 10:43 AM

R16 Oh, it totally is...but to those who don't have sticks planted firmly up their asses, it's entertainment. Period.

I like the episode with Shiloh Fernandez playing the gay runaway. Whoever selected the music on this show did a really good job choosing songs from whatever decade the crime happened.

by Anonymousreply 22September 5, 2022 12:01 PM

I just saw an episode called "Shuffle, Ball Change" and the most beautiful twink named Nathan Halliday played a 16 year old dancer who was killed by his brother.

Wow, he was gorgeous.

Anyone know more about him?

He's 33 now, but not many acting credits since the Cold Case episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 13, 2022 12:37 PM

The ending of that "Shuffle, Ball Change" episode was so cool.

Some of these Cold Case episodes are so well done, and leave you in tears at the end.

This is one of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 14, 2022 5:19 AM

It's been running 7 days a week on Start TV for several years.

by Anonymousreply 25September 14, 2022 6:43 AM

R17 This describes the show perfectly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 14, 2022 7:54 AM

The REAL Cold Case is what the FUCK is on top of Kathryn Morris' head. It's a mess.

by Anonymousreply 27September 14, 2022 12:54 PM

10 years ago, my sister gave me bootlegs of this show as a gift since I loved it so much and it never got a proper DVD release.

by Anonymousreply 28September 14, 2022 1:22 PM

I just started watching this on HBO max. I vaguely remembered watching a few episodes during its first run and couldn't remember why I abandoned it. I remember now. Her hair offended me on a deep, moral, visceral level. I am hoping that I am a less shallow person, that I have had some personal growth and can soldier on but, I am not sure.

by Anonymousreply 29September 18, 2022 9:36 PM

You queens got me to add this to my queue. The power of persuasion!

by Anonymousreply 30September 18, 2022 10:34 PM

haha, have you seen her hair yet r30?

by Anonymousreply 31September 18, 2022 11:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!