Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The World Economic Forum removed this article from their website within the last couple of years.

Why?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 19, 2022 12:01 AM

It was last seen/snapshot on the website on November 2, 2019. The next snapshot on June 21, 2020 shows that the page was removed.

by Anonymousreply 1May 18, 2022 1:40 AM

wow, interesting. is it legit?

by Anonymousreply 2May 18, 2022 1:41 AM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 3May 18, 2022 1:58 AM

This part right here though...

[quote]How dystopian could it get?

[quote]I can see the day coming where a scientist will be able to control what a person sees in their mind's eye, by sending the right waves to the right place in their brain. My guess is that most objections will be similar to those we hear today about subliminal messages in advertisements, only much more vehement.

[quote]This technology is not without its risks of misuse. It could be a revolutionary healthcare technology for the sick, or a perfect controlling tool with which the ruthless control the weak. This time though, the control would be literal.

They took it offline either just before 2020 rolled in, or early in 2020. I can't imagine why. This is fascinating information in scientific development and research that the public should be made aware of, in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 4May 18, 2022 2:06 AM

OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 18, 2022 2:17 AM

Yeah, I don't care, r5. I'm posting this for anyone who wants to read it and is interested. Moving on.

Here is some interesting research (from 2010) on the radio frequency properties of graphene oxide and its potential use as a medium to transmit high-frequency signals which typically can't travel long distances as they get reabsorbed into the atmosphere by gas and water molecules.

Abstract:

[quote]We confirm graphene oxide, a two-dimensional carbon structure at the nanoscale level can be a strong candidate for high-efficient interconnector in radio-frequency range. In this paper, we investigate high frequency characteristics of graphene oxide in range of 0.5–40 GHz. Radio-frequency transmission properties were extracted as S-parameters to determine the intrinsic ac transmission of graphene sheets, such as the impedance variation dependence on frequency. The impedance and resistance of graphene sheets drastically decrease as frequency increases. This result confirms graphene oxide has high potential for transmitting signals at gigahertz ranges.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 18, 2022 2:25 AM

The guy tried to publish in a peer-reviewed journal and when he did, it came out that his research was based on lies or had ethical problems.

by Anonymousreply 7May 18, 2022 2:29 AM

The article is merely an interview discussing this technology and research with an individual directly involved it its development. It's not stating anything as fact. Just talking about the technology and its potential uses.

And finally, I'm going to just leave this here. Do with it what you will.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 18, 2022 2:35 AM

And this study from 2016. Again, go your own way with your conclusions regarding all of this when you put it together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 18, 2022 2:50 AM

Last one.

Take note:

[quote]Deeptech capabilities

[quote]Aguilar is also hoping that advances in quantum computing might one day be able to help process the huge amounts of brain signal data that Inbrain’s implants can generate, [bold]and that blockchain technology might be able to be used to secure that data.[/bold]

[quote]“I think this is unique because we are mixing industries. So it’s not a medtech endeavour, it’s medtech, deeptech and digital health. I think innovation comes from the mix of these industries,” she says.

[quote]Inbrain joins a growing crop of European startups working on brain-computer interface technology, and is an example of how big public investments in science and technology from the European Union are starting to bear fruit.

[quote]So, would the startup be open to an acquisition by Elon Musk to accelerate [bold]their graphene technology’s[/bold] route to market?

[quote]“It’s a very hard question to answer,” says Aguilar.

Elon Musk being one of the biggest cheerleaderes for cryptocurrency (which uses blockchain technology) and his investing millions of Tesla profits into the tech seems to have bigger implications.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 18, 2022 3:53 AM

OP is a QAnon Trumper.

by Anonymousreply 11May 18, 2022 11:14 PM

No, r11. QAnon is very likely a CIA red herring psyop meant to act as a cover for conspiracy theories that have been around since JFK's assassination, r11. Nothing they talk about is brand new.

You can't be against the establishment while supporting one of its biggest players (Trump). And they worship Trump. That's how you know they're backwards.

by Anonymousreply 12May 19, 2022 12:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!