Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Patti Lupone needs to hang it up

She’s too old. Too abrasive. And just not the Patti we loved. Time to retire and let a new Patti have her turn.

by Anonymousreply 17May 18, 2022 12:13 PM

She's a Bway star and can continue to work as long as she wants, IMHO

by Anonymousreply 1May 17, 2022 3:04 PM

She’s a cunt, that’s what she is famous for now. She’s basically a middle school drama teacher that got lucky. Her delivery is cold, her voice is ugly, and she’s overrated as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 2May 17, 2022 3:18 PM

Preach!

by Anonymousreply 3May 17, 2022 3:20 PM

[quote] She’s basically a middle school drama teacher that got lucky.

My guess is you're waiting tables today...continuing to hope for your big acting break...as it has been for the last decade, right?

by Anonymousreply 4May 17, 2022 3:23 PM

Patti's 73 and can do and say whatever she fucking wants. She's a genuine STAR and delivers everything you've ever expected in the theater from a star. At her advanced age, it's a miracle she can still sing. This will not go on much longer because of her age...she should go for it now!

by Anonymousreply 5May 17, 2022 3:43 PM

I’d never a watch a show she’s in

by Anonymousreply 6May 17, 2022 3:46 PM

It's theater, darling, R6.

by Anonymousreply 7May 17, 2022 4:10 PM

You should've just worn your mask properly in the first place

by Anonymousreply 8May 17, 2022 4:11 PM

She’s a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 9May 17, 2022 4:40 PM

Wear your fucking mask and sit down, OP.

by Anonymousreply 10May 17, 2022 5:06 PM

She a bitch!

by Anonymousreply 11May 17, 2022 5:15 PM

She's an icon, darlin. Just like me! Only difference is she can carry a tune, sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 12May 17, 2022 5:27 PM

Grouchy old lady

by Anonymousreply 13May 17, 2022 5:43 PM

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!!!

by Anonymousreply 14May 17, 2022 6:33 PM

[quote]Time to retire and let a new Patti have her turn.

I'm not even Patti's biggest fan. But I see a lot of new theatre, and I'd be hard-pressed to name a young actress who could fill Patti's shoes. There are far prettier girls who sing better, act better, and certainly dance better, but few of them bring the personality and charisma and star appeal to the stage that Patti, Bernadette, or a few of their peers possess.

by Anonymousreply 15May 17, 2022 9:58 PM

She's one of the last true stars of Broadway. I don't think anyone's lining up in anticipation of Sutton Foster's Mama Rose or Laura Osnes' Mrs. Lovett.

by Anonymousreply 16May 17, 2022 10:09 PM

[quote]Time to retire and let a new Patti have her turn.

What a dumb statement.

If there was a "new Patti," why would the original be standing in her way like there's only room for one? What's preventing new Diva X from building her own career in the theater Patti or no Patti?

by Anonymousreply 17May 18, 2022 12:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!