Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Dutch sound really cunty!

I've never been to Netherlands, but this article has put me off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472July 7, 2022 4:04 PM

The Dutch women I knew were sweet, but the men were pricks and dull as dirt.

by Anonymousreply 1May 17, 2022 1:10 AM

[quote] But nothing made me stand out more than my size. Every sidewalk, tram car, and restaurant chair made it clear that in the land of the very tall and very slim I was a sphere, like Violet Beauregarde in yellow, rolling around and taking up more than my share of space.

She's never been 6'4" on a plane or some theaters, buses, etc.

by Anonymousreply 2May 17, 2022 1:13 AM

It is a stupid place. One day the dikes will burst and wash all the scum away.

by Anonymousreply 3May 17, 2022 1:13 AM

OP buried the lede.

by Anonymousreply 4May 17, 2022 1:13 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 17, 2022 1:18 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 17, 2022 1:20 AM

This was an ordeal. Fine, you’re fat, and you don’t want to dwell on it or let it define you. Don’t, then, make it the thing upon which you dwell and by which you define yourself. In short, shut your fat gob.

by Anonymousreply 7May 17, 2022 1:22 AM

That's not female.

by Anonymousreply 8May 17, 2022 1:22 AM

I'd blend right in over there because I'm a Lesbian who's about six feet tall. My dress and shoe size would be in abundance. The Dutch are basically almost all of above average height. The men are sometimes crude from what I've been told.

This lady should have just thrown her shoulders back and held her head high. That's how you have to be sometimes. Heck, tell the fellow who told her she shouldn't have been eating something fattening to go to heck and just laugh at him. Screw it.

I don't get the snowflakes sometimes. I just don't. Was she scarred for life by this?

by Anonymousreply 9May 17, 2022 1:25 AM

R9, occasionally rude behavior can be very disturbing if it comes out of nowhere. I was once accosted by a stranger in London who snarled an insult at me although I hadn't been in his way or impinging upon his space and it left me quite shaken. And I'm a tall man who considers himself confident in public.

Offering an opinion of how ugly or fat a complete stranger is to their face seems more a European thing, for whatever reason. Different ways of establishing the pecking order, I dare say.

by Anonymousreply 10May 17, 2022 1:32 AM

OP types like a threatened whale.

by Anonymousreply 11May 17, 2022 1:41 AM

r11

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 17, 2022 1:44 AM

Say what you will about the Dutch but no one is CUNTIER than the French!

by Anonymousreply 13May 17, 2022 1:49 AM

She was a MANIFESTATION OF FAT!

by Anonymousreply 14May 17, 2022 2:07 AM

Personally, I've never had a bad experience with the French. They seem less apt to get up in your face the way the English, Germans, Swiss, etc. do.

by Anonymousreply 15May 17, 2022 2:10 AM

I can understand how she feels, however she just needs a man who appreciates her fat and she'll feel better about herself, and random comments from ultra-blunt (and rude) Dutch won't matter. When someone says "I see why you are so fat," she can laugh and say "yes, I love to eat! HahHaHaHahaha! Are you going to finish that?" and throw her head back, letting her chin rolls waggle as she has a deep belly chuckle and the men turn away in horror and disgust.

There's a bit of a jump when she suddenly appears in Scotland - did she move there? Is she talking about a time before she moved to Holland? Confusing!

She did kind of go off on a tangent about how much she loves cake near the end of the essay, though. We get it, hon!

by Anonymousreply 16May 17, 2022 2:14 AM

Gotta love the way in the article she claimed she wasn’t at peak fat. They always claim that. As if half a kilo less makes a difference.

No honey, you were obese. And you went to a place outside your comfort zone where you stuck out like a sore tumb for looking like the over eater you are, and decided to write an article about how horrible it was. If you could, you would have accused them of aggressive thinness. Actually you did! Feel better? You’re still fat. And self-deluded.

by Anonymousreply 17May 17, 2022 2:17 AM

My sister was engaged to a Dutch guy and his mother used to pick on her for being "fat". She was only 10kg overweight (about 20 pounds) but you'd think she was Yabba the Hut by the way her potential mother in law behaved. For her birthday, the woman gave her a size SMALL bikini and a gym membership.

It didn't last.

by Anonymousreply 18May 17, 2022 2:30 AM

R18- The gym membership or the marriage?

by Anonymousreply 19May 17, 2022 2:32 AM

R19, the bikini.

by Anonymousreply 20May 17, 2022 2:34 AM

[Quote] Offering an opinion of how ugly or fat a complete stranger is to their face seems more a European thing, for whatever reason. Different ways of establishing the pecking order, I dare say.

You don't say? Perhaps the Euros would like to experience our standard response to said tactic in action?

by Anonymousreply 21May 17, 2022 2:42 AM

I recently visited Germany, and the man working security asked me to pull down my mask to show my face, so he could compare it with my passport photo. He started laughing hysterically when I pulled my mask down, and gave me my passport back. It was so fucking weird and still bothers me. There is nothing wrong with my face, and even if there were why would you laugh at someone like that?

by Anonymousreply 22May 17, 2022 3:08 AM

Yes, yes, but have you all heard what the Germans say about the Dutch?

Prince Philip was visiting the Netherlands and his Dutch driver threatened to stop driving if Philip didn't shut up about how ugly the Dutch are. Philip assumed the Dutch, who like the Belgians seem to be language whizzes, were too stupid to understand English.

by Anonymousreply 23May 17, 2022 3:14 AM

When I visited Amsterdam, I was really put off by how Aryan everyone looked. It was blonde blue eyed couples with their blonde blue eyed children on bicycles everywhere you turned. They seemed quite smug.

by Anonymousreply 24May 17, 2022 3:15 AM

A real fat whore would not have the popcorn go to waste

by Anonymousreply 25May 17, 2022 3:15 AM

[quote] There is nothing wrong with my face

Well actually...

by Anonymousreply 26May 17, 2022 3:19 AM

R24 you're in for a shock in Asia with all the Asians and in Africa which has so many blacks. Hope you won't be too put off.

by Anonymousreply 27May 17, 2022 3:24 AM

The article at OP is from five years ago.

What made you bring it up now OP? (I was expecting this to be a 2017 thread bump but it is not.)

by Anonymousreply 28May 17, 2022 3:26 AM

OPs right. The Dutch are very cunty. I’ve been in several international meetings where the Dutch participants were so incredibly abrasive that people had to ask them to watch themselves. Many of them. And once I saw two Dutch. colleagues at a meeting basically screaming at one another in a corner. When it was over, I asked the one I knew better if everything was ok and he responded like “oh, that? That’s just how we (the Dutch) talk to people”. I raised my eyebrows and advised him to never speak to an American like that.

by Anonymousreply 29May 17, 2022 3:39 AM

I don't know what the Dutch are like, but their language is the ugliest I've ever heard. It sounds like a person being strangled.

by Anonymousreply 30May 17, 2022 6:38 AM

Add me to the list of people who think the Dutch are cunts. They are so fucking rude no matter how nice you are to them. Ugly on both the inside and outside. Assholes. Can’t stand them.

by Anonymousreply 31May 17, 2022 6:40 AM

She's sensitive about standing out in her giant yellow rain slicker amidst a sea of trim black raincoats. She's sensitive about having to follow the custom of booking cinema seats online or by phone. She's sensitive to feeling inferior to living beneath her posh landlords.

And she takes these things as slights, little lubrications to keep the machine of things conspired against her going until the big cut when a crude Dutch man taps her on the shoulder and confronts her. Her weight makes her especially attend to all manner of slights and little injustices and sets her up for the dirty look or cruel comment.

It's a cruel fucking world where someone will always stand out as outside the norm, where moving to a new country means learning some new ways of doing to things both simple and complex (and who doesn't know to that the Dutch are quick to speak in English rather than suffer through a foreigner's halting attempts at conjugation and pronunciation?) Feeling put out because you have to buy cinema tickets in advance? Really? Fat and stupid.

Seems seems like so robe who ventures forth each day with a little slate on which to chalk up the small injustices tossed her way. She thinks it's easy for thin people to learn fluent Dutch? To always know the correct way to buy fruit or groceries or ask a stranger for directions in a country foreign to your experience?

Not all of her multiple sensitivities stem from being fat, they stem from a timidity about how to move about in the world and a wish that others would do all the hard work for her and smooth her way at every moment: that everyone else might conspire to make her feel better about herself because 9f her own unacceptance of who she is.

by Anonymousreply 32May 17, 2022 7:11 AM

She seems like someone who ventures...

by Anonymousreply 33May 17, 2022 7:13 AM

Surely that whole part where she complains about purchasing movie tickets was just filler for the story. There are definitely theaters here where you can reserve your seat. You don't have to, but it's absolutely no big deal to do it.

by Anonymousreply 34May 17, 2022 7:26 AM

Maybe she should stop eating so much fucking food and learn to assimilate to the places she lives in.

by Anonymousreply 35May 17, 2022 7:33 AM

I concurr with the general sentiment here. I only know one Dutch woman; she works in my field here in the U.K. I didn't like her at first, as she came across as a little abrasive. However, when I got to know her better, I realised she's actually really nice, it's just her manner!

by Anonymousreply 36May 17, 2022 7:49 AM

OP are those, um, uncut dicks?

by Anonymousreply 37May 17, 2022 7:56 AM

[bold]Being FAT in America is nothing like being fat abroad[/bold]

So true, so devastatingly true.

by Anonymousreply 38May 17, 2022 8:01 AM

The Dutch aren’t really rude; they’re just brutally honest and expect the same from others. They do not suffer empty social niceties, bullshit, or insincerity.

by Anonymousreply 39May 17, 2022 8:07 AM

so they're all aspies

by Anonymousreply 40May 17, 2022 8:09 AM

I'll never go there after reading what they did to that woman. And I bet they sneer at all Americans, not just fat.

And we have legal pot here now so no reason to go there anyway!

by Anonymousreply 41May 17, 2022 8:49 AM

[quote]When I visited Amsterdam, I was really put off by how Aryan everyone looked. It was blonde blue eyed couples with their blonde blue eyed children on bicycles everywhere you turned. They seemed quite smug.

"They seemed quite smug." Sucks to be ugly doesn't it, R24.

by Anonymousreply 42May 17, 2022 9:04 AM

[QUOTE] The Dutch aren’t really rude; they’re just brutally honest and expect the same from others. They do not suffer empty social niceties, bullshit, or insincerity.

So they don't say "have a nice day" at stores, I take it?

by Anonymousreply 43May 17, 2022 9:10 AM

The dutch have huge dicks but in my experience they’re ugly.,

by Anonymousreply 44May 17, 2022 9:10 AM

Huge dicks, but the bodies are very often too gangly tall. On the plus side, lots of what Andy Warhol would call 'high definition beauties', with gorgeous skin, (paging the Yellow Skin troll), but not so much in Amsterdam, which is Immigrant Central. A shitload of the native dutch decamped in the 70s from Amsterdam to the provinces in white flight.

Blunt yes, and very earthy, but that's because the country has never been a rich one, and always had a peasanty streak, like much Jewish culture which can be equally blunt and earthy. After WWII Holland was really poor, and took a long time to recover. It explains perhaps in part their only really annoying feature: they're tighter pennypinchers than even the Scots. They're very big on tents for holidays. If you have an easy relationship with money, it will drive you nuts.

by Anonymousreply 45May 17, 2022 9:24 AM

Oh, I forgot one more important thing: the food is awful. Genuinely awful. Contrary to what DL whitters, much European food, including England, is fabulous these days. But the Dutch diet is fucking nightmarish. Including the ham, cheese, and yoghurt breakfasts.

by Anonymousreply 46May 17, 2022 9:28 AM

[quote] When I visited Amsterdam, I was really put off by how Aryan everyone looked. It was blonde blue eyed couples with their blonde blue eyed children on bicycles everywhere you turned. They seemed quite smug.

True, even if you’re you’re a dark-haired, dark-eyed white person in Amsterdam, the (white) locals will assume you’re Moroccan, Turkish or Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 47May 17, 2022 9:35 AM

Oh, and one other thing: they don't mind the Turks so much, but the native dutch absolute hate the Moroccans, whom they hold responsible for most crime etc. Of course there is not a word of this in public, but in private, everyone will burn your ear off if you ask. It's like a given.

by Anonymousreply 48May 17, 2022 9:36 AM

The native Dutch REALLY miss the gay politician Pim Fortuyn who was murdered. Overseas press mischaracterised him as a rightwinger, which was completely wrong. What he did was prick the pressure balloon that allowed the Dutch society to talk openly about issues that had been tamped down for years. He was a lot of fun and also brave and gave its society a much needed shake up. Until then Holland was like Sweden where, as everyone now knows, its media never ever discussed immigrant problems openly until very recently, and pretended all was sunny. In Sweden people are more lemming like, and don't put their heads up (rather asian in this respect), but in Holland, people are more individualistic and realistic, and as DL knows, also blunt, so the dichotomy between what was the reality, drove them nuts.

by Anonymousreply 49May 17, 2022 9:49 AM

Ive dated a few Dutch men. The most wonderful people I've had the pleasure of getting to know.

by Anonymousreply 50May 17, 2022 9:50 AM

[quote]When I visited Amsterdam, I was really put off by how Aryan everyone looked. It was blonde blue eyed couples with their blonde blue eyed children on bicycles everywhere you turned. They seemed quite smug.

The population is 86% European and 2.4% Turkish. Look at the ethnic breakdown: what should everyone look like in Amsterdam? In Sweden? In Tunis? In Fukuoka?

Americans like to impose ideas of racial and ethnic diversity on places where the statistics are very different - and to be fair, people in homogenous countries with very slim margins of racial and ethnic diversity tend to scratch their heads about "what's the.problem in the U.S." and other more diverse countries, underestimating numbers and divided interests that are unknown to them.

[quote]Ethnic groups: Dutch 76.9%, EU 6.4%, Turkish 2.4%, Moroccan 2.3%, Indonesian 2.1%, German 2.1%, Surinamese 2%, Polish 1%, other 4.8% (2018 est.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51May 17, 2022 10:03 AM

My experience is the women are all very masculine and total cunts.

by Anonymousreply 52May 17, 2022 10:13 AM

Doesn't the Netherlands have the tallest and fattest royal couple? Willem-Alexander and Maxima are both tall, plump and broad, as is the Crown Princess Catharina-Amalia. She's taller than her mother, but doesn't carry the weight as well. She's even plumper.

by Anonymousreply 53May 17, 2022 10:26 AM

I used to work for a vacation rental company in Europe and the Dutch customers would ask the weirdest questions, and want to know the diameter of, for example the bathroom, before renting a place. Very odd people.

by Anonymousreply 54May 17, 2022 10:37 AM

[quote]This lady should have just thrown her shoulders back and held her head high.

She should have stated her boundaries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55May 17, 2022 10:54 AM

R24- Go to Sweden and that phenomenon is even worse.

by Anonymousreply 56May 17, 2022 11:06 AM

[quote]I used to work for a vacation rental company in Europe and the Dutch customers would ask the weirdest questions, and want to know the diameter of, for example the bathroom, before renting a place.

There are round bathrooms?

by Anonymousreply 57May 17, 2022 11:09 AM

"The Dutch aren’t really rude; they’re just brutally honest and expect the same from others. They do not suffer empty social niceties, bullshit, or insincerity."

Actually that's what is also called "really rude." Tact, diplomacy and regard for context are general social customs worldwide.

by Anonymousreply 58May 17, 2022 11:23 AM

R58 has never been to Arkansas.

by Anonymousreply 59May 17, 2022 11:31 AM

Do I want false yank howdy-doody with a chipmunk face on a barrel body, or ten rude inches of Nederlander uncut cock spunking sperm in clogs up me?

Mmm, let me think about that one. DL really highlights the philosophical and moral challenges facing mankind today.

by Anonymousreply 60May 17, 2022 1:00 PM

R35- Assimilate ?

Are you the BORG?

by Anonymousreply 61May 17, 2022 1:06 PM

The Dutch also gave up Anne Frank, her family, and Peter's family. The Dutch are cunts.

by Anonymousreply 62May 17, 2022 1:12 PM

Rude people!

by Anonymousreply 63May 17, 2022 1:33 PM

[quote] The Dutch women I knew were sweet, but the men were pricks and dull as dirt.

That’s what I found, too!

by Anonymousreply 64May 17, 2022 1:40 PM

[quote] The Dutch also gave up Anne Frank

Tedious little bitch deserved it. All those twat snaps plugging her OnlyFans account got up people’s noses.

by Anonymousreply 65May 17, 2022 1:42 PM

LOL this is so true. I did a semester abroad in college and stayed for a week with a group of male Dutch students. They would speak very bluntly about a few of the (obese) American girls I was traveling with, referring to them as elephants and "fat American hamburgers." They really have a thing for obesity over there! But yea...my vote for overall rudest goes to the French.

by Anonymousreply 66May 17, 2022 1:43 PM

Have they seen their future Queen? Lard ass!

by Anonymousreply 67May 17, 2022 1:45 PM

every dutch OR german guy i've ever been with had huge dinks! every fucking one of them.

by Anonymousreply 68May 17, 2022 1:53 PM

dinks?

by Anonymousreply 69May 17, 2022 2:04 PM

[quote]that's because the country has never been a rich one

You’re kidding, right? They operated the East India Company for over 300 years and colonized (pillaged) Indonesia mercilessly. They have always been shrewd business people and have a reputation for being stingy.

by Anonymousreply 70May 17, 2022 2:10 PM

[quote] Prince Philip was visiting the Netherlands and his Dutch driver threatened to stop driving if Philip didn't shut up about how ugly the Dutch are.

As if every second man in England looks like a young Hugh Grant or Colin Firth!

by Anonymousreply 71May 17, 2022 2:13 PM

Not to mention R70 they stole all that money from Holocaust survivors.

by Anonymousreply 72May 17, 2022 2:16 PM

[quote] True, even if you’re you’re a dark-haired, dark-eyed white person in Amsterdam, the (white) locals will assume you’re Moroccan, Turkish or Jewish.

Haha! I was accused of being Jewish (yes, accused) in Rotterdam. I am part-Pacific Islander. Very odd experience.

by Anonymousreply 73May 17, 2022 2:17 PM

[quote]I don't know what the Dutch are like, but their language is the ugliest I've ever heard. It sounds like a person being strangled.

To me it sounds like a weird AI version of English. Oddly, Flemish (Belgian Dutch) sounds softer and less guttural.

by Anonymousreply 74May 17, 2022 2:18 PM

[quote]Tact, diplomacy and regard for context are general social customs worldwide.

They do not suffer fools or ignorance. I suspect they come across brusque because they tend to “test” your intelligence and mettle up front. I’ll take Dutch frankness over Southern fake obsequiousness and insincere smarm any day.

by Anonymousreply 75May 17, 2022 2:18 PM

Maybe they aren't as smart as they think they are?

by Anonymousreply 76May 17, 2022 2:19 PM

Princess Catharina-Amalia should get into Adele cosplay

by Anonymousreply 77May 17, 2022 2:20 PM

[QUOTE] OL this is so true. I did a semester abroad in college and stayed for a week with a group of male Dutch students. They would speak very bluntly about a few of the (obese) American girls I was traveling with, referring to them as elephants and "fat American hamburgers."

You must have mistaken DLers for Dutch people, honey.

by Anonymousreply 78May 17, 2022 2:22 PM

Hello Kettle? This is the Pot. YOU’RE BLACK!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79May 17, 2022 2:23 PM

Riding on the tails of 70s and 80s gay ideals of a "liberal" Amsterdam and hung Northern Europeans.

Gramps, the world has moved on. Liberal Amsterdam is now New Mecca and the world discovered Brazilians, Czechs, Colombians, and Only Fans.

The only the Netherlands has going for itself today, is ______?

by Anonymousreply 80May 17, 2022 2:25 PM

[QUOTE] They would speak very bluntly about a few of the (obese) American girls I was traveling with, referring to them as elephants and "fat American hamburgers."

So very rude. Why is this language tolerated in the Dutch? If this happened in the US academics and the NYT would be calling out body fascism.

by Anonymousreply 81May 17, 2022 2:25 PM

[quote]The Dutch aren’t really rude; they’re just brutally honest and expect the same from others. They do not suffer empty social niceties, bullshit, or insincerity.

In America, that’s considered rude. We’ll tolerate social niceties and to an extent a certain amount of bullshit and insincerity. But what we won’t tolerate is rudeness. In my experience, the way the Dutch speak to one another is unacceptable. But it’s fine if they want to treat one another that way. They should just expect to be met with a distrust and hostility if they behave that way in front of others. I’ve seen Dutch researchers humiliate professional colleagues from all countries with inappropriate and antagonizing questions. It doesn’t work for the rest of the world and I promise that when it comes to decision making about who to invite as a speaker to a conference or to participate in a research round table, it doesn’t matter how accomplished they are. People will hesitate to include them because (individually, based on experience with that person, not just generally because they’re Dutch) they’re disruptive and counter productive to most people.

by Anonymousreply 82May 17, 2022 2:43 PM

It doesn't sound like their behavior shames anyone into changing? They just berate everyone regardless? Maybe there is something to be said for ignoring some misbehavior.

by Anonymousreply 83May 17, 2022 2:51 PM

R42 If you consider a bunch of blonde blue eyed aryans and their spawn on bicycles to be the standard of beauty, then yes, it would suck to be “ugly.” I don’t consider that beautiful - I find it creepy as fuck - which is why I was put off when visiting. I also hated how many bicycles there were.

Anyway MARY, to each his own.

by Anonymousreply 84May 17, 2022 2:53 PM

Maybe it's just that deep down they are nonviolent. Because acting that way in the US is a good way to get assaulted and possibly shot to death.

by Anonymousreply 85May 17, 2022 2:55 PM

In this thread, Americans continue imposing their own values on other cultures. Newsflash: MARY you ain't in Kansas anymore.

But do talk to your crazy MAGAT brothers and sisters about "decency."

by Anonymousreply 86May 17, 2022 2:55 PM

Oh yeah, going to the grocery store, flea market, or church in America can get you shot as well.

Maybe Americans could learn from not repressing their true thoughts and opinions.

by Anonymousreply 87May 17, 2022 2:57 PM

Here is dutch icon Yolanda Hadid Foster being extremely decent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88May 17, 2022 2:58 PM

Yep. But we‘re hung, so there‘s that.

by Anonymousreply 89May 17, 2022 2:59 PM

The Dutch can be a contradiction (but so can every other nationality in their own way). For instance, they are one of the most travelled peoples, but can also be terribly small-minded and provincial. I travel pretty far off the beaten path, and I always seem to run into the Dutch. It’s a running joke…that first foreigner you see in days is likely from NL! They are simultaneously open-minded about some things, yet terribly rigid about others. For a few years, I was travelling for work between the US, UK and NL. You have to have a really thick skin to work with the Dutch. Their directness has no limits and is scorching. Most would have instant workplace HR issues in both the UK and US if they transferred without any behaviour modification. NL is a hard country to crack as an expat as well. I’ve mentioned it in other threads, it ranks up there with Switzerland as the European country most people bitch about in expat forums. That said, I like NL. As I’m tall, it’s one of the few places people assume I’m a local, and most people speak to me first in Dutch. I can easily buy clothes there and find the men to often be sexy, so a double bonus.. They are who they are. When in Rotterdam, you have to put on your emotional Kevlar and go with it.

by Anonymousreply 90May 17, 2022 3:24 PM

I've seen Germans do this, and it didn't really strike me as brave or anything. Honestly, this all sounds like a bunch of whining to me.

by Anonymousreply 91May 17, 2022 3:31 PM

The Brit who lives in NL and married a Dutch woman wrote this book describing how you can be sitting in a restaurant by yourself reading and a group of people will plop themselves down at your table WITH A BOOMBOX. yakking and blasting music. It's completely normal unremarkable behavior there.

He says some of this crowding in-your-face behavior comes from being such a small, densely populated country.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92May 17, 2022 3:36 PM

Good observations, R90 — I agree with everything

by Anonymousreply 93May 17, 2022 3:39 PM

I was in line at a bakery standing behind the tallest woman I had ever seen, as tall as her male companion who was easily 6'6. Of course they were Dutch. I have to admit it was the only time I had a moment of being attracted to a woman--she was such a gorgeous Amazon I wanted her to....never mind, I have no idea what i wanted, it was confusing. (The man was not that attractive.)

by Anonymousreply 94May 17, 2022 3:48 PM

I’ve visited the Netherlands eight times since 2016 and been to most of the major cities. I spend most of my time in Amsterdam and Haarlem. In December I visited Delft for the first time and fell in love with it. As for the people I think they’re great-open, honest and yes, very direct. I learned quickly never to ask “How are you?” to strangers. The only genuinely unpleasant altercations I’ve had were in 2019 at the Keukenhof Tulip Gardens-a French cunt tried to cut in line for the bus at Leiden Centraal. And there was an unpleasant tram ride in Amsterdam with two nasty homophobic and drunk Russian men. The only remotely unpleasant experience I had with locals was this past December right after the country had been placed in total lockdown AGAIN. I was in the front of a department store trying to collect something and the employee clearly didn’t speak or understand English. I raised my voice and emphasized the words to describe what I needed to collect. Two old ladies next to me, almost in unison, yelled “Why must you be so loud?” Haha. Well, I guess suffering through a national lockdown over the holidays for the second year in a row was a bitch which is why I cut them some slack. But I won’t if it happens again.

by Anonymousreply 95May 17, 2022 4:21 PM

What happens when you say "how are you"?

by Anonymousreply 96May 17, 2022 4:23 PM

Ha! Some Dutchman told the woman in OP's article the TRUTH and she characterizes it as FAT SHAMING.

by Anonymousreply 97May 17, 2022 4:26 PM

[quote] Personally, I've never had a bad experience with the French. They seem less apt to get up in your face the way the English, Germans, Swiss, etc. do.

If they did, the BO and halitosis would kill you.

by Anonymousreply 98May 17, 2022 4:27 PM

Just tell them they are whiners and be done with it.

by Anonymousreply 99May 17, 2022 4:39 PM

R95- French being a CUNT - how SHOCKING!

by Anonymousreply 100May 17, 2022 4:47 PM

R96 It's the American greeting "How are you?" which we don't have in our culture — because why would you care how a stranger is doing? We consider it fake and superficial.

Don't beat me, I'm just the messenger. Different people, different cultures.

by Anonymousreply 101May 17, 2022 6:01 PM

R96, saying “How are you?” to a stranger, grocery check-out clerk, etc is considered small talk. And the Dutch are not fans of small talk. They think asking how they are if you don’t know each other is superficial. As an American I think it’s just being polite but they think otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 102May 17, 2022 6:03 PM

It doesn't mean anything! It's a mindless phrase. You say "fine, thanks, how about yourself" and move on.

by Anonymousreply 103May 17, 2022 6:05 PM

Haha, Dutchie beat me to it. Yeah, that’s just part of who they are and I respect that. I actually sort of like it. I don’t always like being asked how I’m doing in stores, restaurants and the like.

by Anonymousreply 104May 17, 2022 6:05 PM

Yeah, it burns me up too, being greeted in public.

by Anonymousreply 105May 17, 2022 6:06 PM

What the Dutch need to do is launch a PR campaign shaming the US for not protecting New Orleans. I will listen to Dutch talk about flood control. Bring on the straight talk.

by Anonymousreply 106May 17, 2022 6:08 PM

R106- STRAIGHT talk on datalounge!?

You're talking heresy!

by Anonymousreply 107May 17, 2022 6:14 PM

Goofy looking people who always want to paint your house 😠

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108May 17, 2022 6:16 PM

"When I visited Amsterdam, I was really put off by how Aryan everyone looked. It was blonde blue eyed couples with their blonde blue eyed children"

When I was in Amsterdam, I noticed people of all colorings and races. But the odd thing was, people kept assuming I was Dutch, presumably because I'm blonde/blue and tallish. It's like the Dutch people think of themselves as tall, blonde, and blue-eyed, even if in fact they are a very mixed population.

Oh, and I was on the stout size then, a size L or XL. That wasn't enough heft to make me stand out.

by Anonymousreply 109May 17, 2022 7:03 PM

I don’t know why that old British bitch was included in the video upthread. I bet if the locals were asked who are the worst tourists in the major cities nine out of ten would say the Brits because not only are they loud they’re drunk and disgusting. I gather there’s even some sort of ordinance in Amsterdam being put into effect over their particularly boorish behavior.

by Anonymousreply 110May 17, 2022 8:07 PM

[quote]Oh, and I was on the stout size then, a size L or XL. That wasn't enough heft to make me stand out.

A lot of Dutch adults are overweight but you don't see many people who are really obese

[quote]The Brit who lives in NL and married a Dutch woman wrote this book describing how you can be sitting in a restaurant by yourself reading and a group of people will plop themselves down at your table WITH A BOOMBOX. yakking and blasting music. It's completely normal unremarkable behavior there.

Maybe that happened to him but it's really not common. People don't just sit down at your table, let alone with a boombox. Most restaurants wouldn't tolerate that

by Anonymousreply 111May 17, 2022 8:31 PM

R103 assuming you are an American: That is you talking from your US perspective, where that is completely normal and even expected.

It doesn't go over too well in most European countries, to be honest. Again, different cultures…

Whenever I'm in America for work, I go along with the "hi how are you" song and dance. You won't hear me bitch and moan about it, because I know I'm visiting a different country with its own quirks and habits. May not always be my cup of tea, but when in Rome…

by Anonymousreply 112May 17, 2022 8:32 PM

I get it. Do you say "hello" to people?

by Anonymousreply 113May 17, 2022 8:35 PM

@r112, If we ever meet I'll be sure to make you feel at home and simply say, "Fuck off little Dutch boy" 😠

by Anonymousreply 114May 17, 2022 8:37 PM

"How are you" just means hello, to me anyway (an American). I think the Dutch or whoever are making a big deal of it. Probably because they are jealous of our Levis and Marlboros and pomade.

by Anonymousreply 115May 17, 2022 8:37 PM

At least the Dutch are not the Swiss.

by Anonymousreply 116May 17, 2022 8:38 PM

^ It's those wooden shoes they wear, makes them real grumpy 😠

by Anonymousreply 117May 17, 2022 8:39 PM

Good morning / good afternoon / good evening / hey / hello / hallo / hoi… etc.

We're not anti-social, R113 – but we're way too blunt (or "direct", as we like to market it) to go through any motions. No beating around the bus.

R115 we consider "how are you" a personal question one would only ask if one would know that person. It's not a greeting and the idea to use a personal question (again, from our view) as a form of greeting is just bizarre.

As for R112… maybe once your mother allows you out of the basement you can fantasise about all the big boy things you'd like to say to random strangers on the internet.

by Anonymousreply 118May 17, 2022 8:40 PM

The Dutch are why New York inherited its own reputation for rudeness.

by Anonymousreply 119May 17, 2022 8:40 PM

My R112 was naturally meant for the little twat at R114

by Anonymousreply 120May 17, 2022 8:42 PM

I guess the "how are you" haters are in the camp that is angered rather than calmed by the fact that the Americans really don't give a fuck how anyone is. Maybe it's easier for me, as an American, to not give a fuck because nobody else gives a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 121May 17, 2022 8:43 PM

@r118, " No beating around the bus."

We really find bus beaters annoying 🙄

@r120, Go paint a dyke, dickhead

by Anonymousreply 122May 17, 2022 8:44 PM

Dutch boys dress faggy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123May 17, 2022 8:47 PM

I pity you, R122.

If your little jabs were even remotely funny, I would be the first to laugh and commend you. But you just sound sad, abandoned, and bitter. And, quite frankly, so embarrassingly uneducated.

by Anonymousreply 124May 17, 2022 8:48 PM

I despise small talk. It is pointless.

by Anonymousreply 125May 17, 2022 8:49 PM

Prince Philip actually said the Dutch were "po-faced". I've always wondered what exactly that meant.

by Anonymousreply 126May 17, 2022 8:50 PM

My German therapist finds the "How are You's" shallow and superficial. He knows we Americans know we really don't care.

My Polish admin hates it when the Starbucks barista says to her "Hon, here's your latte." She says to me "I'm not her honey, I don't even know her."

In Europe, they're more direct and don't need all the niceties that Americans get all passive-aggressive over.

by Anonymousreply 127May 17, 2022 8:51 PM

Short for potato faced perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 128May 17, 2022 8:51 PM

R127 I find "Hon, here's your latte." quite sweet, to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 129May 17, 2022 8:56 PM

I've used "Hon" in pubic places, because it's a non-gender-specific form of address that is not an endearment.

"Honey" is an endearment, "hon" is not.

by Anonymousreply 130May 17, 2022 8:58 PM

I would be happy to live in a place where grown men are not referred to as "bud" or "chief" or "big guy". Thats the sort of American faux-nice informality that DOES grate on me (as an American).

by Anonymousreply 131May 17, 2022 8:58 PM

R129, here in the US now they'd sue for sexual harassment. Or that's "Here's your latte, They/Them." Or shoot you.

by Anonymousreply 132May 17, 2022 8:59 PM

@r124, For someone who's suppose to be cool with blunt you're pretty damn touchy

You Dutch boys really took the baggy pants look and ran with it 🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133May 17, 2022 9:01 PM

I don't believe this fat cunt's story at all. Try again, Mary!

by Anonymousreply 134May 17, 2022 9:04 PM

^ Judging by the responses of the one Dutch boy with us today, I would say the Op was spot on in his cunty observation

by Anonymousreply 135May 17, 2022 9:11 PM

My great aunt was Dutch and as my uncle used to say to her, "There's the Rotterdam Dutch, there's the Amsterdam Dutch and then there's you, the God damn Dutch"

by Anonymousreply 136May 17, 2022 9:14 PM

Wait, the Dutch are fat shaming?

What about their Crown Princess?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137May 17, 2022 9:18 PM

^ Yeah, that one has had one too many Dutch chocolate lattes

by Anonymousreply 138May 17, 2022 9:22 PM

Too many stroopwaffels, I think.

by Anonymousreply 139May 17, 2022 9:23 PM

The Dutch have fat asses and their legs are like tree stumps.

by Anonymousreply 140May 17, 2022 9:23 PM

r47 much of Europe is like that..

for me,

the Czechs seemed to be the only ones that didn't give a shit. . . and most chill overall.

by Anonymousreply 141May 17, 2022 9:25 PM

@r140, Well that explains those super baggy pants then

by Anonymousreply 142May 17, 2022 9:28 PM

The person in OP's article should ask herself why she's so comfortable being fat in the US and what that says about her own society/culture.

by Anonymousreply 143May 17, 2022 9:31 PM

"Willem-Alexander and Maxima are both tall, plump and broad, as is the Crown Princess Catharina-Amalia. "

Maxima doesn't have an ounce of fat on her, she's just a big tall woman. Crown Princess Amalia is a bit plump, but mainly she's just another big, tall, big-boned Dutch girl, who needs a better stylist than the one that provided this unflattering schmata.

Like I said, when I went to the Netherlands as a tall, stout, blond, blue-eyed foreigner, I wasn't harassed about my weight, instead people mistook me for a native.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144May 17, 2022 9:33 PM

Here's the Dutch Minister of Foreign Affairs with Ukraine's Zelensky

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145May 17, 2022 9:33 PM

Like I said, Maxima isn't fat, she's just big.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146May 17, 2022 9:34 PM

I agree that Maxima is just big boned but Amalia is really quite plump.

by Anonymousreply 147May 17, 2022 9:35 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148May 17, 2022 9:36 PM

"Maxima doesn't have an ounce of fat on her,"

She's what we call "big boned" when being too polite to say fat 😂

by Anonymousreply 149May 17, 2022 9:36 PM

I didn't find them rude. They were fine when I visited. Was is shocking is how pedestrians don't have the right of way and bicycles do. God help you if you look the wrong way or get in a bike path and not out of the way very fast. They take their bicycling seriously.

by Anonymousreply 150May 17, 2022 9:37 PM

"They take their bicycling seriously" tells me that they are a whole country of supercunts.

by Anonymousreply 151May 17, 2022 9:38 PM

^^ that's why they're not fat like Americans, especially Americans from the mid-west and the south. ^^

by Anonymousreply 152May 17, 2022 9:39 PM

We have plenty of sick exercise freaks here.

by Anonymousreply 153May 17, 2022 9:42 PM

@r152, Are all Americans as dumb as you or is it regional?

by Anonymousreply 154May 17, 2022 9:50 PM

R154, are you unaware of the obesity epidemic in the US, especially in certain regions like the South and the Midwest?

by Anonymousreply 155May 17, 2022 10:00 PM

Britain is also suffering an obesity epidemic.

A couple of days ago the heir to the throne attended something with her younger sister, and they looks so different that they didn't even look related. The heir is so fucking enormous that it's shocking. She's just 18 and she has to tip the scales at over 14 stone. It's a shame, because she has a beautiful face, beautiful skin, lovely hair . . .

All she needs is breastplates and a winged helmet and she could be singing Brunhilde.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156May 17, 2022 10:14 PM

^heir to the Dutch throne, of course . . .

The middle sister is not nearly as pretty, but she look as if she inherited her mother's vivacity, her darker colouring, and a normal figure.

Amalia is really far prettier, her face is just beautiful . . . however, noting it will always be followed by "but" because of her size. I know the Dutch are tall and big, but even that is declining as the demographics change. Amalia is like a throwback to another era. It's clearly her father she takes after, but a man can get away with it.

It can't be healthy at so young an age. Why don't they get her some help?!

by Anonymousreply 157May 17, 2022 10:18 PM

@r155, Have you ever been to America? Didn't think so 🙄

by Anonymousreply 158May 17, 2022 10:19 PM

So you're saying there isn't an obesity problem, R158? Really?

by Anonymousreply 159May 17, 2022 10:21 PM

^ No, but it just pisses me off when someone who's never been here decides to paint everyone with one broad brush, it's ignorant

by Anonymousreply 160May 17, 2022 10:24 PM

lol, what makes you think I've never been there, R160? America has a terrible problem with obesity and it is worse in some regions. Why are you so offended that I pointed that out? I'm not Dutch btw.

by Anonymousreply 161May 17, 2022 10:28 PM

^ Where are you from? I would love to expand some regional stereotypes about your location

by Anonymousreply 162May 17, 2022 10:30 PM

Hey, R162, over 40% of Americans are overweight so it's not a stereotype. Obesity rates are worse in certain parts of the country and that's no stereotype either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163May 17, 2022 10:35 PM

^ Where are you from?

by Anonymousreply 164May 17, 2022 10:36 PM

Yes, but only good old American fast-food-based obesity is a transmissible condition. Hooray for globalism!

by Anonymousreply 165May 17, 2022 10:37 PM

[quote]My Polish admin hates it when the Starbucks barista says to her "Hon, here's your latte." She says to me "I'm not her honey, I don't even know her."

Corporate Friendly. Starbucks customer surveys always have the "My barista made an effort to get to know me" statement to rate, along with usual statements like "the store was clean." Starbucks employees know they're being graded on friendliness.

The barista job at Starbucks isn't about making good coffee, it's about making people feel special and welcome. That, combined with the dopamine-like hit from the abundance of sugar they put in nearly every edible and drink in the store, results in returning customers.

by Anonymousreply 166May 17, 2022 10:38 PM

Wherever r163 is from they have more stupid assholes then anyplace else

by Anonymousreply 167May 17, 2022 10:38 PM

When I was an expat, the Shell employees in The Hague were known as FDB’s..fucking Dutch bastards. It was the one thing expats from all over agreed on!

by Anonymousreply 168May 17, 2022 10:47 PM

They're Dunty.

by Anonymousreply 169May 17, 2022 10:48 PM

Who are these intolerant Dutch cunts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170May 17, 2022 10:55 PM

[quote]The Brit who lives in NL and married a Dutch woman wrote this book describing how you can be sitting in a restaurant by yourself reading and a group of people will plop themselves down at your table WITH A BOOMBOX. yakking and blasting music. It's completely normal unremarkable behavior there.

Hilarious because this actually happened to me when I was in Europe (although I can't remember which country exactly). I was sitting at a table in a McDonald's (don't judge me, I was only there for a McFlurry) when this woman and her two kids came and plopped themselves down right next to me! Literally AT my table. The woman must've sensed how weirded out I was because she actually said to me, "You are from America, aren't you?" I said "Yes, why?" and she responded "I can tell you are not used to this type of thing." She was correct about that! I never even realized what large bubbles of personal space we Americans have around us at all times until I went to Europe and had them get all up in my bubble. It would never even cross my mind to seat myself at someone's table in a restaurant. If all of the tables are taken, they're taken.

by Anonymousreply 171May 17, 2022 11:02 PM

They’re weird looking anyway why should she care? They look like children of the corn. And Yolanda Hadid is one of them.

by Anonymousreply 172May 17, 2022 11:09 PM

^ I'll say they're weird and very racist

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173May 17, 2022 11:12 PM

I was waiting to mention that new Atlanta episode about Dutch blackface.

by Anonymousreply 174May 17, 2022 11:20 PM

I'm with you, r131. I hate being called "buddy" by strangers. It's so insincere and familiar.

by Anonymousreply 175May 17, 2022 11:22 PM

R175, do you go to the UK? Because you’ll get called “mate” by total strangers. I don’t mind that myself.

by Anonymousreply 176May 17, 2022 11:30 PM

I think buddy and mate are cute. I'll also accept "boss".

by Anonymousreply 177May 17, 2022 11:32 PM

Dutch food is just terrible.

The only decent restaurants are Indonesians.

It's like they had to go out and conquer other countries just to get an edible meal.

by Anonymousreply 178May 17, 2022 11:34 PM

I ate at a Dutch restaurant once, but then I died.

by Anonymousreply 179May 17, 2022 11:35 PM

So they'll get up in your grill in public spaces but "Hi, how are you?" is crossing a boundary?

by Anonymousreply 180May 17, 2022 11:55 PM

Now that you mention it no one ever says let's go for Dutch food or for that matter any Northern European cuisine except German during Oktoberfest.

by Anonymousreply 181May 18, 2022 12:04 AM

^ I had Swiss steak once... wasn't great

by Anonymousreply 182May 18, 2022 12:06 AM

R171 Lol. She must have sensed all your pouting and hissy fitting. Gotta love how direct she was, though.

Why ruin a perfectly decent No. 3 combo with some DL Queen having a freakout at your table.

by Anonymousreply 183May 18, 2022 12:08 AM

I wasn't pouting or hissy fitting. She was perfectly nice, yes.

by Anonymousreply 184May 18, 2022 12:28 AM

pass the dutchie to the left hand side...

by Anonymousreply 185May 18, 2022 12:32 AM

My normally sedate stepmother had nothing but contempt for the Dutch, who were uniformly rude (women as well as men) to her when she was there for a conference of some sort.

by Anonymousreply 186May 18, 2022 12:37 AM

Do you understand that the term "let's go Dutch" means you have to pay for your own meal? Of course the Dutch are rude.

by Anonymousreply 187May 18, 2022 1:22 AM

Dutch = Nazi.

I hate fucking Dutch.

They truly are cunts.

Nasty people who disguise their cuntiness by claiming that they're "just being honest."

by Anonymousreply 188May 18, 2022 1:27 AM

Didn’t get the chance to visit when I was in Europe. I did Luxembourg, Germany and Belgium. They don’t sound like they are nice people in general. A bit brusque…

by Anonymousreply 189May 18, 2022 1:27 AM

One of the more stupid things in the Do’s and Don’ts videos on YT on visiting the Netherlands is that you should never ask for a Coke anywhere, you must ask for a cola instead. Because they think you are asking for cocaine. The spot where I got fried kibbeling in Haarlem didn’t seem to wince when I asked for a Coke Zero.

by Anonymousreply 190May 18, 2022 2:55 AM

The UK isn't far behind us on obesity. Not just the US!

by Anonymousreply 191May 18, 2022 2:58 AM

[quote]Nasty people who disguise their cuntiness by claiming that they're "just being honest."

My sentiments exactly, having known one that was here in the U.S. illegally to have her online boyfriend's anchor baby. She ended up getting kicked out of the home she was hiding out in because she was so ungrateful, lazy, and all-around cunty. Her blunt commentary on the never-ending faults of others never extended to herself.

by Anonymousreply 192May 18, 2022 3:00 AM

The Dutch seemed fine to me the few times I've been. Pleasant enough. Though they switch to English the moment I open my mouth.

by Anonymousreply 193May 18, 2022 3:05 AM

If a Dutch person says something to you that you perceive as rude, what happens when you challenge them on it?

by Anonymousreply 194May 18, 2022 3:06 AM

Honestly why bother with most of Europe. I’d like to see Italy but could do without the rest.

by Anonymousreply 195May 18, 2022 3:10 AM

Do they still do Zwarte Piet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196May 18, 2022 3:12 AM

There are two types of Dutch people. The first skip through the tulip fields in their wooden shoes. The second tell the Nazi's where Anne Frank is hiding.

by Anonymousreply 197May 18, 2022 3:25 AM

So the judgmental thin Dutch will tolerate their fat Queen-to-be? Do they make brutally honest remarks about her?

Or is it a situation like bees - she is the queen to be fattened up and worshipped?

by Anonymousreply 198May 18, 2022 4:44 AM

The Dutch are very polite and nice, but they are a little bit more reserved. Like OP's character, I think people feel bad about themselves and insecure from the get go and then project that insecurity onto others. Looking for slights when there are none to be had. People stare in Italy and in my case it's probably because devastatingly handsome looks but it's another culture. The world is not your Brooklyn fat acceptance bubble. Sorry, babe.

by Anonymousreply 199May 18, 2022 5:10 AM

I know several people who fucking loathe the Dutch. They have worked with them and have endless bad things to say for these Protestant fucktards. I hate the Dutch, too. I hate Protestants. They are Nazi fascists.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200May 18, 2022 5:17 AM

So you link a thread where all the posters talk about how much they like the Dutch, R200?

by Anonymousreply 201May 18, 2022 5:26 AM

Well, I think it's unfair to hate an entire country. Surely there has to be some good people, R200.

by Anonymousreply 202May 18, 2022 5:47 AM

The Netherlands was invaded and occupied by Germany during WW2, R200, they weren't Nazis. Sounds like you need to go to back to history class.

by Anonymousreply 203May 18, 2022 5:52 AM

[quote]Well, I think it's unfair to hate an entire country. Surely there has to be some good people

Of course there are.

Just not in Holland.

by Anonymousreply 204May 18, 2022 5:55 AM

R203 Fuck you, there are some Dutch and Germans who are my in laws and both of them are fucking Nazis. Their Protestant religion amplifies the Nazi influence even more.

by Anonymousreply 205May 18, 2022 6:06 AM

🙄 so by your logic, R205, you're also a Nazi because of the Buffalo shooter and other neo-Nazis/white supremacists 🙄

by Anonymousreply 206May 18, 2022 6:11 AM

It's not just the Dutch who find the "how are you" question strange. Many immigrants in the U.S. find it strange. My Latin American friends tell me that they took the question seriously when they first moved to the U.S., only to realize it's just a superficial greeting. People are not really interested in how you are doing, it's just a way of saying hello. Maybe that's why the Dutch find it superficial, as in they know we don't really give a shit.

R186 It's interesting how rudeness can make you develop contempt for the person who is rude to you. It's happened to me as well. It's as if you develop a feeling of disgust and, well...contempt for that person. If the rude person thinks he's putting you in your place, it tends to have the opposite effect - it makes you feel superior in that you haven't lowered yourself to their level.

by Anonymousreply 207May 18, 2022 6:15 AM

[quote] The second tell the Nazi's where Anne Frank is hiding.

Recent research has pinpointed the Frank family were betrayed by a fellow Jew. A sticky revelation so it’s naturally been smothered with a lot of dissembling.

by Anonymousreply 208May 18, 2022 6:52 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209May 18, 2022 6:52 AM

Look what they did to the Barcaccia fountain on the Spanish steps in Rome

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210May 18, 2022 6:53 AM

Because they come from Rotterdam, such a drab, soulless and ugly city, they have no respect for others' cultures and heritage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211May 18, 2022 6:56 AM

Aren't soccer hooligans equally trash everywhere? Are Dutch ones extra trashier?

by Anonymousreply 212May 18, 2022 6:57 AM

The odd thing is that I know first hand, if a Dutch person is reading this thread, they'll think the Dutch people were right in every instance and the rest of the world is wrong.

by Anonymousreply 213May 18, 2022 6:57 AM

r212 English hooligans are probably the most notorious because they're loud and boisterous. Russian ultras are the most feared because they are considered to be hyper-violent, but to rival hooligans rather than property or innocent bystanders. The Dutch are just destructive and irreverent and often cause the most damage to property and monuments. They're also extremely racist which doesn't fit with the egalitarian image the Dutch like to paint of themselves.

I lived there for the worst 9 months of my life. Never again. Even if they were being brutally honest to the lady in OP's article, notice they went out of their way to express their disapproval and distaste to a total stranger. Meaning, they wanted to hurt the person, not offer friendly advice.

by Anonymousreply 214May 18, 2022 7:06 AM

Has anyone else heard about the worldwide food shortage that's supposed to his us in 2023?

Seems like now might be the time to pack on a few pounds in light of what scientists are saying.

by Anonymousreply 215May 18, 2022 7:35 AM

Ah this thread takes me back to my salad days. As mentioned there's no pleasantries in Dutch-- a 'thank you' and 'you're welcome' is as polite as one is going to get. Also mentioned and true is that they seem to test your intelligence when first meeting you; I was waiting in line with my expat cousin to get into some trendy pop-up club, and we played fucking word games with strangers to pass the time. One of those guys, who was from Indonesia, would inside later tell me, "You spend too much time talking to niggers." i.e. some of the few black people in the club, who were also from the USA. Sis what.

by Anonymousreply 216May 18, 2022 8:03 AM

I live somewhere that receives large numbers of international tourists and that was previously a Dutch colony. The Dutch are by far the rudest, most pompous, arrogant, and generally cunty of all the visitors to our shores. They also behave as though they still ruled the place. Plus their heads are so square they look like they're made of Playmobile, their language sounds as though their tongues have been amputated, they're abnormally tall, and their food is shit.

by Anonymousreply 217May 18, 2022 8:11 AM

R217 Best post ever. Every word is 10 million percent true.

by Anonymousreply 218May 18, 2022 8:16 AM

The first Dutch friend I made as a teen (long ago) was really moved by Americans' "how are you" because nobody back home would care to ask such things.

by Anonymousreply 219May 18, 2022 8:17 AM

I cannot imagine that a simple "how are you" would be so abhorrent to these horrible people. I dunno if it is true but total cunts if it is.

by Anonymousreply 220May 18, 2022 8:20 AM

All I know, is that Amsterdam is as racially and economically segregated as any South African city at the height of Apartheid. The salon-socialists who live in the affluent areas are pure NIMBYS. They love paying lip service to the disadvantaged and minorities, but snub their noses at them in real life, and it’s impossible to become friends with them if you’re not from the right social-circles. People in the Southern provinces of The Netherlands are a lot friendlier though.

by Anonymousreply 221May 18, 2022 9:23 AM

Does Amsterdam have tonnes of black Africans? What are the largest "minorities" in the NL? Yeah I can google it, cunts. But I wanna hear it from the whore's mouth.

by Anonymousreply 222May 18, 2022 9:29 AM

Dutch people, men in particular, have become friendlier and more sensitive in the past two decades. In a way there’s some “Americanization” in progress. They were at their rudest in the 70s and 80s. Just watch Paul Verhoeven’s “Turkish Delight” to get a sense as to how rude the Dutch used to be.

by Anonymousreply 223May 18, 2022 9:45 AM

American living in Netherlands, about B2/C1 level Dutch-speaking.

There is nothing wrong with a "hoe gaat het" (how's it going) or "hoe is 't" (how is it), and you will get either "prima" (nice, good) or "gaat wel" (similar to French ça va - it's going, not great or awful). I think where things might get lost in translation is the English "how are YOU" seems so personally inviting. I think the British, "you OK?" is even weirder because it's implies one might not be. Also, if you do ask how someone is and they then give you a specific overview (and they will), listen politely and acknowledge - that's where we Americans get our insincerity reputation.

The Dutch ARE really cunty - but in the best way possible - a vile pit of trollery forming a nation. Everyone from the royal family on down loves a good chuckle, complaint, dig, or bit of banter. They have a fantastic sense of humor, dry as a bone. I adore them. (Btw Amalia's new nickname is "Spritzess Amalia" - as in Aperol Spritz, a play on her father's "Prince Pils" - girl likes a cocktail)

As for the directness, it's a joy after dealing with the passive-aggressiveness of the British. Also, you can give it back to an extent, but as a foreigner you should be a little more polite than they are. I even use 'u' more than 'je' but that just makes me seem a bit Belgian. Do be ready for the liberal use of the word 'kut' (cunt), even from children. We live in a kutland. Just make sure you're among friends before you call someone a teringtrut kankerhoer (tuberculosis bitch cancer whore).

by Anonymousreply 224May 18, 2022 10:26 AM

I think that I’ll pass. I would only go to see Anne Frank’s house anyway.

by Anonymousreply 225May 18, 2022 10:31 AM

@r224, "The Dutch ARE really cunty - but in the best way possible"

That's like saying Jeffrey Dahmer was the best serial killer because he ate his prey 😳

by Anonymousreply 226May 18, 2022 10:32 AM

[QUOTE] If you consider a bunch of blonde blue eyed aryans and their spawn on bicycles to be the standard of beauty, then yes, it would suck to be “ugly.”

LOL

by Anonymousreply 227May 18, 2022 10:41 AM

You consider fat-shaming an acceptable value R86?

by Anonymousreply 228May 18, 2022 10:42 AM

R90 why do expats bitch about Switzerland? What's the issue there?

by Anonymousreply 229May 18, 2022 10:45 AM

[QUOTE] Wait, the Dutch are fat shaming?

You never saw the "Facts of Life go to Amsterdam" 2 hour special episode when you were a kid?

by Anonymousreply 230May 18, 2022 10:53 AM

I didn't know Lisa Whelchel was royalty now R137. Good to know.

by Anonymousreply 231May 18, 2022 10:54 AM

What happens if an American (or some other non-Dutch person) goes there an acts like a cunt? Are they welcomed with open arms or shunned as a "try hard"?

by Anonymousreply 232May 18, 2022 10:56 AM

r226?

by Anonymousreply 233May 18, 2022 10:57 AM

^ Think about it, it'll come to you 🙄

by Anonymousreply 234May 18, 2022 10:59 AM

The original “Amsterdammers” are known for their bitchy and cheeky humour and love getting a rise out of someone. Although that’s disappearing with the advent of expats and rich kids. If you’d buy a cucumber at the market, a typical Amsterdam market-vendor would say something like: “if it doesn’t fit, you can always trade in for another.”

by Anonymousreply 235May 18, 2022 11:14 AM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236May 18, 2022 11:26 AM

^ The Swiss outcunt the Dutch any day. This Dutch cunt, who had lived in Switzerland for decades, married to one and with Swiss kids, was denied citizenship for being "annoying". She had tried to get a ban on traditional Swiss cowbells (a PETA nut). The Swiss didn't want her.

After a few years of litigation, the Swiss cunts allowed the Dutch cunt to have citizenship.

by Anonymousreply 237May 18, 2022 11:28 AM

The residents get to vote on allowing citizenship. That's some Shirley Jackson shit.

by Anonymousreply 238May 18, 2022 11:30 AM

[quote]Offering an opinion of how ugly or fat a complete stranger is to their face seems more a European thing, for whatever reason.

I take it you’ve never been to China.

by Anonymousreply 239May 18, 2022 11:41 AM

Love this thread as a regular visitor who has been obsessed with Netherlands for 30 years - since my first visit. The bluntness and rational behavior of the Dutch is unique. As a NYer, I like it in a lot of ways. Takes some getting used to. I lived there for a year in my 20s and adapted to it. Tough cookies. But also incredibly logical and less hypocritical than Americans/British. It’s part of the package - logically tolerant, dense/urban population, pragmatic. Still love it - but realized living there and fitting in would always be a struggle.

by Anonymousreply 240May 18, 2022 12:12 PM

[quote]that's why they're not fat like Americans, especially Americans from the mid-west and the south

OH DEAR! Apparently there’s an issue with spelling in this country as well. He must be from one of those fly-over places.

by Anonymousreply 241May 18, 2022 12:40 PM

Get cancer, man!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242May 18, 2022 1:10 PM

[quote]Look what they did to the Barcaccia fountain on the Spanish steps in Rome

The soccor thugs from Holland aren't 'native dutch'. Almost all are of turkish and morrocan heritage.

As for being the worst tourists: FFS, everyone knows the dutch are very very far from the worst guests. In a poll of European hotel owners, Israelis came out the worst. I thought it would have been Chinese or Albanians. I had a friend who ran a chain of backpacking hostels, and he refused to take Irish full stop (too much damage).

by Anonymousreply 243May 18, 2022 3:18 PM

[QUOTE] I take it you’ve never been to China.

Oh I've been there. I've just never been to me.

by Anonymousreply 244May 18, 2022 3:24 PM

[quote]rational behavior of the Dutch

One reason their squares-and-lines-but-nothing-else modern architecture is so fucking depressing. They needed the bravura of the Golden Age to add a flourish or two. But now even a flourish or a curve is considered an extravagent frippery.

As a dutch friend said: as soon as one crosses the border in Switzerland, the men's haircuts get neater. Cause unlike the dutch they spend money. Yes, Switzerland manages money laundering for the world's scum, but to its eternal shame, Holland gave sanctuary to the Kaiser, who should have been dragged naked down the street by his guts.

by Anonymousreply 245May 18, 2022 3:28 PM

I dated a Dutch guy and spent time with his family, and the stereotypes held--blunt, tall, big dicks. But there's a lot of provincialism on this thread--ladies, the whole world doesn't work the same way as America. But as a football (soccer) fan, I love to hate the Dutch national team.

R126, po-faced means "humourless and disapproving" in British English.

by Anonymousreply 246May 18, 2022 3:56 PM

She whines about this several times. Now she teaches in New Mexico.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247May 18, 2022 4:15 PM

And now the Dutch are spreading monkeypox around Europe.

by Anonymousreply 248May 18, 2022 4:33 PM

[quote]ladies, the whole world doesn't work the same way as America

No shit. That's why we're trying to understand the Dutch here. Also, not everyone in this thread is American.

by Anonymousreply 249May 18, 2022 6:01 PM

Yolande Hadid Foster Hadid truly is the ur-Dutch.

by Anonymousreply 250May 18, 2022 6:04 PM

Are all Dutch women sluts like Yolande?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251May 18, 2022 6:08 PM

Consensus is Dutch are blunt. Everything about the Netherlands is dull and bland.

They're hung.

Considering the other observations, the hung doesn't make up for it. Northern Europeans are mechanical and robotic lovers, downright weird almost. Everything is so cold like their food and personalities.

Give me some of that sizzling Southern European passion, especially those Spaniards (who passed it on to Latin America).

by Anonymousreply 252May 18, 2022 8:03 PM

Father of Jack Whitehall on Americans and "How was your day?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253May 18, 2022 8:44 PM

Ummm....many brits have a lot of dutch mixed in.

by Anonymousreply 254May 18, 2022 8:49 PM

Just assholes looking for people spew on.

by Anonymousreply 255May 18, 2022 9:12 PM

The first time I flew into Schiphol in 2019 I was amazed at how, unlike JFK and Heathrow, there weren’t endless hallways to pass through before getting to Passport Control. I remember asked a big blonde Dutch lady guard where the travel card I needed to fill out could be found. She said “You just need one big beautiful STAMP!” She was quite charming. I have to say during my first visits to Amsterdam I’d occasionally get a bit lost and I received nothing but helpful and specific directions from the locals-something I rarely got from Berliners.

by Anonymousreply 256May 19, 2022 1:54 AM

The problem with the Dutch is that they think they're better than everyone else.

So it translates as condescension, but really, it's arrogance and a superiority complex.

What's worse, is that there is nothing in their history to entitle them to feel this way.

French, English, Spanish, and Italians have a far superior history and culture to the Dutch.

Honestly, I couldn't even tell you anything of note that the Dutch have done.

But I guess because they're tall and fair, perhaps they think this entitles them to have everyone bow down to them.

Yeah, I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 257May 19, 2022 2:05 AM

[quote]Honestly, I couldn't even tell you anything of note that the Dutch have done.

well, they were the first country to legalize same-sex marriage

by Anonymousreply 258May 19, 2022 2:35 AM

Bingo, r252. That pretty much nails it. And no, we're not saying there are no exceptions to the generalities given here but still, the stereotypes largely hold. Efficient but charmless is what comes to mind when I think of the Dutch.

by Anonymousreply 259May 19, 2022 2:35 AM

Interesting that our resident Dutch poster, "Dutchie" hasn't commented here yet.

Come out, come out wherever you are!

by Anonymousreply 260May 19, 2022 2:44 AM

i think they did.

by Anonymousreply 261May 19, 2022 2:45 AM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262May 19, 2022 3:54 AM

"Honestly, I couldn't even tell you anything of note that the Dutch have done. "

They made these darling little windmills

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263May 19, 2022 4:01 AM

I love tulips and happy hookers, but hell, they gave up Anne Frank. To hell with them.

by Anonymousreply 264May 19, 2022 4:05 AM

Wooden clogs with pointed toes.

Royal Dansk butter cookies.

Tulip fields.

Orange carrots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265May 19, 2022 4:11 AM

^ Orange carrots?

by Anonymousreply 266May 19, 2022 4:12 AM

I was literally RAPED by the entire city of Amsterdam!

by Anonymousreply 267May 19, 2022 4:53 AM

r267 There was a long time belief that the Dutch genetically modified them to orange as a tribute to William of Orange. Carrots also come in yellow and purple (and i believe white).

This has since been debunked in recent years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268May 19, 2022 5:06 AM

^ Wow, and to think I had gone my whole life without knowing that 🤔 God knows what they did to those tulips 😳

by Anonymousreply 269May 19, 2022 5:11 AM

Royal Dansk are made in Denmark. Dansk means Danish not Dutch.

by Anonymousreply 270May 19, 2022 5:12 AM

^ Next you'll be telling me that Swiss Miss Chocolate isn't Dutch either 😠

by Anonymousreply 271May 19, 2022 5:19 AM

oops my mistake r270. Well, take that off the list of what the Dutch have contributed. I guess the cookies could be replaced with Dutch Chocolate.

by Anonymousreply 272May 19, 2022 5:27 AM

I suppose German chocolate cake isn't German either

(it's not)

by Anonymousreply 273May 19, 2022 5:32 AM

r273, it most certainly is, it hails from Prittlbach, a small Bavarian hamlet.

by Anonymousreply 274May 19, 2022 5:35 AM

I have a stereotypical Dutch surname, but I just happened to have inherited that since some male great great great grandpa dude came to the US in the 1700's. My Mom was Greek. I look very Greek.

At a hotel in Amsterdam, the manager looks at my passport and then at me and says "You're Dutch! What happened?". I'm short, have a big nose, full lips, jet black hair, and a unibrow. I think he was joking, but the Dutch don't smile a lot. "Dry humor"? At some other point during that trip, another Dutch male sees my name on a train ticket or something and says (knowing that I speak English) "If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much!". My partner, who was dark skinned and Mexican, thought it was funnier than I did.

In a tourist area, there was a placard/folding sign advertising in front of an ice cream shop. There was a picture of an ice cream cone with one scoop that said "Single", then one with two scoops that said "Double" then three scoops on a cone that said "Triple". The fourth picture had four scoops on a cone that read "American". That cracked me up.

by Anonymousreply 275May 19, 2022 5:37 AM

@r274... 🙄

"Why do they call German chocolate cake German?

The name comes from Sam German — who was either an American or an Englishman, depending on what you read. In 1852, he invented a style of sweet baking chocolate for the Baker's chocolate company. The company named it after him, but "German's Chocolate" didn't become well-known until 1957."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276May 19, 2022 5:41 AM

Is there something really "rotten in Denmark" or Rotterdam? 🤔

by Anonymousreply 277May 19, 2022 5:52 AM

Fascinating thread. I didn't know this about the Dutch. I've had interactions with a few on Twitter, all very pleasant. Also, I didn't know that German chocolate has nothing to do with Germany.

by Anonymousreply 278May 19, 2022 6:20 AM

That's why DL is so great...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279May 19, 2022 6:24 AM

[quote] Dutch people, men in particular, have become friendlier and more sensitive in the past two decades.

I dread to think what they were like two decades ago. What’s worse than being a cunt?

by Anonymousreply 280May 19, 2022 6:49 AM

They are very smug about their ability to speak English, but that's because they have no choice since no one is trying to learn their harsh, guttural-sounding language.

by Anonymousreply 281May 19, 2022 6:53 AM

You can’t blame the Dutch for being cunty. Their country is being taken over by foreigners.

by Anonymousreply 282May 19, 2022 7:39 AM

[quote]Does Amsterdam have tonnes of black Africans? What are the largest "minorities" in the NL? Yeah I can google it, cunts. But I wanna hear it from the whore's mouth.

r222 the poster at r51 literally posted their demographics. Most of the Africans there are North African who can range from Middle-Eastern looking to white presenting. Most black people in the Netherlands originate from Dutch former or current colonies like Surinam, Aruba, Curaçao and St Marteen.

[quote]The population is 86% European and 2.4% Turkish. Look at the ethnic breakdown:

[quote]Ethnic groups: Dutch 76.9%, EU 6.4%, Turkish 2.4%, Moroccan 2.3%, Indonesian 2.1%, German 2.1%, Surinamese 2%, Polish 1%, other 4.8% (2018 est.)

They're not being threatened by any migration.

by Anonymousreply 283May 19, 2022 10:37 AM

Wait til you meet the Pennsylvania Dutch. You want to talk about cunts!

by Anonymousreply 284May 19, 2022 10:44 AM

^ Not as bad as Afrikaners, though.

by Anonymousreply 285May 19, 2022 11:09 AM

I’ve been to the Netherlands several times and the men in Amsterdam are my ideal: tall, blond, lean, well-dressed. They remind me of Alexander Skarsgard. The men in other NL cities don’t look as sharp but are still hotter than the average American or Brit.

I like the overall vibe of the Dutch. I find that they are more “proper” than cunty, and I’ll take that over the animalistic behavior I witness on the NYC subway any day. The cities are super cute, although I suspect they may feel small and provincial after spending a lot of time there.

by Anonymousreply 286May 19, 2022 11:15 AM

[quote]When someone says "I see why you are so fat," she can laugh and say "yes, I love to eat! HahHaHaHahaha! Are you going to finish that?"

No, the proper response would have been, "I can always lose the weight, but you can't do anything about your butt ugly face."

by Anonymousreply 287May 19, 2022 11:19 AM

We still recall the biggest one we ever had, hot, thirty something horse-hung, and he paid us, in Amsterdam!

by Anonymousreply 288May 19, 2022 11:20 AM

[quote]They do not suffer fools or ignorance. I suspect they come across brusque because they tend to “test” your intelligence and mettle up front. I’ll take Dutch frankness over Southern fake obsequiousness and insincere smarm any day.

Great! As long as they, and you, can take it when it's dished right back. I'm gonna guess....not.

Can't stand "brutally honest" assholes who 'assume' everyone needs to know their every brain fart. The arrogance of this is just stunning. Keep your unsolicited opinions to yourself. No one GAF what you think.

by Anonymousreply 289May 19, 2022 11:37 AM

^ Yeah, that mother-fucker has got some God damn manners, so kiss his ass 😛

by Anonymousreply 290May 19, 2022 11:41 AM

I was at a medieval festival in England and I met a group of Dutch archers that were the rudest people I had ever met.

by Anonymousreply 291May 19, 2022 11:46 AM

R176 and "luv" and "dear".

by Anonymousreply 292May 19, 2022 11:54 AM

[quote]If you consider a bunch of blonde blue eyed aryans and their spawn on bicycles to be the standard of beauty, then yes, it would suck to be “ugly.” I don’t consider that beautiful - I find it creepy as fuck - which is why I was put off when visiting.

R84. Replace blond, blue eyed aryans with dark haired, dark (or slant) eyed POC. How does your blatant racist quote read to you now?

by Anonymousreply 293May 19, 2022 12:22 PM

The Dutch are unbelievable rude by any standard. It's like Datalounge but in real life.

by Anonymousreply 294May 19, 2022 12:26 PM

I lived in Amsterdam for a year and my first week I was told I should get rhinoplasty (I'm Jewish and look it) by strangers three times.

by Anonymousreply 295May 19, 2022 12:28 PM

@r293, Calm down, Nancy, reverse racism isn't really a thing when "blonde, blue-eyed Aryans" are considered the top of the heap race wise by most of the Western world. Remember when Blacks tried to make "honky" a slight against whites? All it got was a chuckle from people who watched The Jeffersons

by Anonymousreply 296May 19, 2022 12:30 PM

I spent a summer traveling throughout the region when I was in college. When the Dutch/Danes/Scandinavians found out I was American they would spit on the ground then invite me over for drinks and dinner as long as I spent the evening arguing politics with them. Strange mixed-messages from those people 🙄

by Anonymousreply 297May 19, 2022 12:35 PM

R145, Zelenskyy is 5'6".

by Anonymousreply 298May 19, 2022 12:41 PM

Pennsylvania Dutch are actually Germans.

by Anonymousreply 299May 19, 2022 1:05 PM

R287 if one is a Zoomer, perhaps

by Anonymousreply 300May 19, 2022 1:25 PM

Honestly, it sounds like it would be fun. Just like DL teaches you to deal with shitbirds, seems like sparring with the Dutch would be good practice. Are they used to people fighting back? Or do they just bank on the fact that most people will be surprised and buy into their BS high horse act?

by Anonymousreply 301May 19, 2022 1:46 PM

After living in NYC for over a decade, I am now ready to take on those pompous Dutch! Bring it on.

by Anonymousreply 302May 19, 2022 1:51 PM

R74 There was a study that played a bunch of languages and the foreigner speakers could not tell the difference between Dutch and English.

by Anonymousreply 303May 19, 2022 2:01 PM

R296 No one really thinks that. People usually think their own culture is on top, unless they feel inferior.

by Anonymousreply 304May 19, 2022 2:03 PM

Can we start going to town on the Danes now?

by Anonymousreply 305May 19, 2022 3:02 PM

Weren't the Dutch major slave captors, merchants, and transporters to the colonies?

by Anonymousreply 306May 19, 2022 3:16 PM

So the Dutch have no finer feelings?

Are the parents affectionate, or do they berate their children like fat Americans across the boardroom table?

by Anonymousreply 307May 19, 2022 3:25 PM

^ Curious American who’s eating two Mexican pizzas and waiting for a response.

by Anonymousreply 308May 19, 2022 3:26 PM

The whole cuntry sounds hungry, like perpetual angry dieters. Hair trigger!

by Anonymousreply 309May 19, 2022 3:29 PM

[quote] I was at a medieval festival in England

And this is why I never wanna hear another white personal whine “But why can’t we have a *straight white* people parade?!”

There are TONS of straight, white people parades and celebrations. Renaissance fairs, Scottish fairs, St. Patrick’s day. That’s some white people celebration bullshit right there!!

by Anonymousreply 310May 19, 2022 3:29 PM

Are the Irish white, though? I mean really?

by Anonymousreply 311May 19, 2022 3:30 PM

[quote] Are the Irish white, though? I mean really?

Are you serious?

by Anonymousreply 312May 19, 2022 3:34 PM

R310 What are you going on about? Anne Boleyn was black.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313May 19, 2022 3:35 PM

I lived in a Scottsdale apartment complex that also rented a number of apartments to Dutch pilots in training. First of all the tall thing is so true. Not one of them was under 6'3". In the late afternoons they would hang out by the pool, then very late at night they would wake everyone up with their drunken entry into their apartments.

They are very aloof, cold, and walk around like they own the joint. The pool would be littered with their party remains every morning. One afternoon, I was walking my dog and walked by the main pool where the gang of them would hang out. This guy was reading them the riot act and told them basically in Arizona language that if they wanted to fuck around and find out, he would gladly do it.

They all moved out two weeks later.

by Anonymousreply 314May 19, 2022 3:44 PM

This thread is so wrong. You pussies!

You want Cunty? You want really hardcore Cunty?

The thread should have been about Holland's neighbour - the BELGIANS. They make the Dutch seem Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm!

And apart from the blond Flemish Belgiums, they're not as good looking.

A Dutch friend even sent me a photo of a gilded statue of the genocidal King Leopold in a public park in Belgium cradling in African baby!!!!!!!

Trouble is, I'm certain most of you whores have never been there, cause you're only interested in sex-tourism, for which Belgium rates a big fat zero. And they don't travel as much as the Dutch. Hence no one has any anecdotes to share about Belgians!!! Trust me: they're all fucked up. Fuuuuucked up. And they admit it! And not simply because the country is famed for murderous pedophilia. They closed in, moody, and cunty, cunty, cunty.

However, to their credit, no country on earth understands the colour GREY better. They're like Eskimos in that respect: grey is their white. You can have any wall colour you like. As long as it's a shade of grey.

by Anonymousreply 315May 19, 2022 3:52 PM

Must be nice to be an arrogant, cunty little Euro country without any responsibility for the safety and security of the rest of the world

by Anonymousreply 316May 19, 2022 4:10 PM

Sex tourism.

by Anonymousreply 317May 19, 2022 4:11 PM

OP's pic keeps reminding me of a bunch of strange uncut dicks.

by Anonymousreply 318May 19, 2022 4:55 PM

R310 thank you for attacking and berating your race so we don't have to do it! We don't really care, though.

by Anonymousreply 319May 19, 2022 4:55 PM

R22 on behalf of my people, I apologize. I'm sure there isn't anything wrong with your face but a lot with that guy's head.

by Anonymousreply 320May 19, 2022 5:00 PM

When I was in Peace Corpse in Nigeria, there were a group of cunty Dutch doctors, UN volunteers. They had just arrived and some decided to lie out on the grass and sunbathe. We didn't tell them about the vicious creepy crawlies that infest all of subSaharan Africa. Sure enough, they were soon covered in bug bites and welts in no time.

Fuck them!

We did even worse to some German sex tourists....

by Anonymousreply 321May 19, 2022 5:01 PM

nazis wanted the aids darkies?

by Anonymousreply 322May 19, 2022 5:03 PM

[quote] my first week I was told I should get rhinoplasty (I'm Jewish and look it) by strangers three times.

Did you do it, R295? If three people told you that in one week, it’s likely advice worth taking.

by Anonymousreply 323May 19, 2022 5:55 PM

You should have just spit on them, R295.

by Anonymousreply 324May 19, 2022 7:02 PM

[quote] Must be nice to be an arrogant, cunty little Euro country without any responsibility for the safety and security of the rest of the world.

Yeah, bitches! We’re Americuh! The World Police!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325May 19, 2022 7:49 PM

The Germans love darker skinned people. A couple of my African American cousins visited a few years ago, and said that the men wouldn’t leave them alone. I’m sure it’s some weird sexual fetish thing, because that’s how the Germans roll. They’re both pretty and in their mid 20’s, but don’t get hit on by Caucasian men in the US as much so they were surprised.

by Anonymousreply 326May 19, 2022 7:49 PM

@r325, That's not what I meant, but I was certainly expecting your ignorant response. I meant the countries within NATO that have formidable armies and nukes

by Anonymousreply 327May 19, 2022 7:55 PM

Not all Americans are into the World Police shit, thank you. Most, but not all.

by Anonymousreply 328May 19, 2022 7:58 PM

There’s only one Five Guys in the Netherlands and it’s in The Hague. And that’s really cunty.

by Anonymousreply 329May 19, 2022 7:59 PM

[quote]R325], That's not what I meant, but I was certainly expecting your ignorant response. I meant the countries within NATO that have formidable armies and nukes.

Wow, and I wasn’t expecting that level of vitriol in response to a good-natured, satirical response. Are you sure you aren’t Dutch? Cunt?

by Anonymousreply 330May 19, 2022 7:59 PM

No, but quite sure you're an asshole

by Anonymousreply 331May 19, 2022 8:01 PM

[quote] No, but quite sure you're an asshole

I am, but you had no way of knowing that. And I’m quite sure you’re an inconsiderate cunt who jumps to conclusions. Should get you far. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 332May 19, 2022 8:09 PM

Then I take it you’ve never met a Russian.

by Anonymousreply 333May 19, 2022 8:10 PM

"you’re an inconsiderate cunt who jumps to conclusions."

If it walks like an asshole and talks like an asshole, you're an ASSHOLE

by Anonymousreply 334May 19, 2022 8:16 PM

You sound like two Dutch colleagues screaming at each other in a corner.

No one is going to invite you to speak at the DL Symposia at this rate.

by Anonymousreply 335May 19, 2022 8:23 PM

Pass the bitterballen, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 336May 19, 2022 8:27 PM

OP's article is paywalled.

by Anonymousreply 337May 19, 2022 9:24 PM

R287 1910 called. They want back their ancient colloquialisms.

by Anonymousreply 338May 19, 2022 9:47 PM

R333, the Russians are rude in a different way. You sure as hell won’t be shamed for being fat there though. I know that it isn’t PC to say in this climate, but the people of Ukraine are equally as rude and trashy.

by Anonymousreply 339May 19, 2022 10:20 PM

R264 and they latched onto her story to promote themselves as tolerant when they were not. Holland lost the highest percentage of their Jewish population compared with other European countries.

by Anonymousreply 340May 19, 2022 11:23 PM

That Laura on Goede Tijden, Slechte Tijden is an insufferable cunt. I gather there was an entire episode where she frantically ransacked the small town of Meerdijk looking for her missing vibrator.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341May 19, 2022 11:29 PM

The Dutch and Germans are anal warts on the asshole of white history.

by Anonymousreply 342May 19, 2022 11:58 PM

I wish we had German Gay Guy to weigh in with his perspective on the Dutch.

by Anonymousreply 343May 20, 2022 12:43 AM

The Dutch???

by Anonymousreply 344May 20, 2022 12:54 AM

Why do the Dutch athletes wear orange in international sports tournaments/olympics/etc.? I've never understood that when their flag is the old red, white, and blue that many countries have as well.

Any Dutch want to weigh in? Dutchie?

by Anonymousreply 345May 20, 2022 3:07 AM

What about Serbs? I and an English colleague had to solve some residence permit issues at the immigration office so when the uniformed guy at the desk saw my colleague's British passport, I noticed him look at my colleague funny for a while and then blurted out of nowhere: "We were using silverware and fine china in this country while you people were still eating with wooden spoons". Stamped his passport and threw it back at him. It was all I could do from bursting out in laughter. I was a mess on the ride back to the office while my colleague was steel reeling in shock 😂

by Anonymousreply 346May 20, 2022 3:08 AM

R346 Sure, Jan. Sounds believable.

by Anonymousreply 347May 20, 2022 3:20 AM

The stroopwaffel guy at Albert Cuyp Market is 80 kinds of adorable. Always smiling and pleasant. I doubt he’s a cunt,

by Anonymousreply 348May 20, 2022 3:34 AM

I wonder if NZ Sauna in Amsterdam will have to shut down because of this monkeypox thing. Lots of cunts in that joint.

by Anonymousreply 349May 20, 2022 4:15 AM

R346 met a Serbian DLer!

by Anonymousreply 350May 20, 2022 5:51 AM

[quote]Why do the Dutch athletes wear orange in international sports tournaments/olympics/etc.?

The color orange refers to the family name of the Dutch Royal Family, the House of Orange-Nassau. Their ancestor, William of Orange, is the founding father of the Netherlands.

by Anonymousreply 351May 20, 2022 6:03 AM

The Dutch colonial slave owners were allegedly even crueler than the English or Spanish.

by Anonymousreply 352May 20, 2022 10:53 AM

R338, true gems stand the test of time.

by Anonymousreply 353May 20, 2022 11:04 AM

Seems you can't publish the truth about Anne Frank: that she was betrayed by a Jewish notary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354May 20, 2022 11:28 AM

In Amsterdam the Dutch locals refer to the "Anne Frank money house". They are wise to the scam.

by Anonymousreply 355May 20, 2022 11:46 AM

The really funny/unfunny thing is: the demand to remove the Anne Frank book from publication for being 'hurtful', (there's been enormous efforts to smear it despite the investigation being undertaken with the best of intentions, and the investigative team fing a letter from Anne's father accusing the guy), came from the European Jewish Congress. And who was the President of the Congress? His name is/was (joke name, but real), Moshe Kantor (or Dr Kantor as he likes to call himself), a Russian oligarch billionaire close to Putin, who has just been sanctioned. Oh woe! Naturally, THAT'S being disputed as well.

So let's not hear any more about the Dutch being nasty to poor Anne. The Dutch had zero to do with it. The Christian Dutch were living in terror. Go start a German thread.

by Anonymousreply 356May 20, 2022 11:49 AM

That's where they got the term Dutch Uncle.

by Anonymousreply 357May 20, 2022 12:08 PM

Where is GGG...I WANT GERMAN GAY GUY!!

by Anonymousreply 358May 20, 2022 12:08 PM

What about the term “dutch oven”?

by Anonymousreply 359May 20, 2022 1:55 PM

R346 I believe it. Serbians are a nasty bunch.

by Anonymousreply 360May 20, 2022 2:08 PM

Watch the documentary GOODBYE HOLLAND; it talks about Dutch cooperation with Nazis when it came to rounding up and deporting Jews.

by Anonymousreply 361May 20, 2022 2:58 PM

I hadn't realised going Dutch comes from their miserly reputation where it's typical to invite people out and make them pay for themselves. I wonder if those tightwads even have a word for generosity in their language.

by Anonymousreply 362May 20, 2022 3:18 PM

I love the Dutch in all their blunt rude cuntiness. Takes thick skin but it’s a much more logical pragmatic cuntiness than the French - with a much cooler culture and country (if not as pretty).

by Anonymousreply 363May 20, 2022 3:19 PM

R362, it goes way beyond that. They have this thing called Tikkie which is an online payment app that allows you to forward payment requests to people via WhatsApp or pay through a QR code.

An example from a recent article-“If you’ve ever interacted with Dutchies you’ve probably received a Tikkie for €0,80 or an equally negligible amount. Perhaps from a guy you went on a date with who wants to be reimbursed for the contribution he made so you could use the public toilet.”

by Anonymousreply 364May 20, 2022 4:55 PM

[quote]I hadn't realised 'going Dutch' comes from their miserly reputation

A lot of those Dutch expressions (Dutch courage, Dutch treat etc.) were first used in England in the seventeenth century. There was a fierce naval competition between England and The Netherlands (the Anglo–Dutch Wars) and at that time the British used 'Dutch' as a word for something bad or false or mistaken.

by Anonymousreply 365May 20, 2022 7:26 PM

The Dutch come off as really cunty in the Stephen Sondheim musical Pacific Overtures-one of their lyrics is “What do little Nips (Japs) want with battleships?”

by Anonymousreply 366May 20, 2022 7:53 PM

O good fucking Queef! Don't even get us started on the fucking Japs. They are more horrid than the Dutch. Ask the Koreans.

by Anonymousreply 367May 20, 2022 11:27 PM

The Dutch are so cunty they have their own name for monkeypox-it’s appenpokken.

by Anonymousreply 368May 21, 2022 3:34 AM

And today several patients have been diagnosed with it-that cunt infested NZ Sauna needs to be shut down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369May 21, 2022 2:01 PM

This thread is surprisingly one of the best reads on DL

by Anonymousreply 370May 22, 2022 4:45 PM

In which country, pray, was the sauna with the first 30 fuckers? In Spain! T'was the Spanish! Spreading pox just like they did in 1492. Filthy fuckers. And now we're all going to be more spotted than dalmations!

by Anonymousreply 371May 22, 2022 4:52 PM

It really is, R370. I’m loving it.

by Anonymousreply 372May 22, 2022 4:56 PM

What’s Dutch food like? Similar to Belgian?

by Anonymousreply 373May 22, 2022 9:35 PM

The Belgians do not serve raw herring on the street

by Anonymousreply 374May 22, 2022 9:42 PM

I miss my half rookworst broodjes from Hema at Amsterdam Centraal. The lady serving it to me was often cunty, though.

by Anonymousreply 375May 22, 2022 9:57 PM

R364 What happens if you don't pay it?

by Anonymousreply 376May 22, 2022 9:57 PM

R370 Agreed. DLers don't agree on much but Janbot and the Dutch REALLY ARE totally loathsome fucking cunts.

by Anonymousreply 377May 22, 2022 11:15 PM

Not only do they sound cunty they sound nasal too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378May 22, 2022 11:23 PM

Ewww..

by Anonymousreply 379May 22, 2022 11:31 PM

I enjoy these videos, it’s people from other countries talking about living in the Netherlands. Here’s the most recent one which contains advice to those who are visiting:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380May 22, 2022 11:36 PM

R354 Bullshit. After all of these years there is no way of knowing who was responsible. It could have been anyone from a local walking by to a neighbor to a mailman....the list goes on. Sullivan can publish what she chooses but she has no definitive proof of this, only speculation. It's like these books that come out every year claiming to definitively know the truth about JFKs assassination or Marilyns demise. If you come up with a thesis ahead of time about a famous mystery it's easy enough to find " evidence" that supports it.

by Anonymousreply 381May 22, 2022 11:41 PM

How close can monkey pox get to your eyes and could you end up blinded?

by Anonymousreply 382May 22, 2022 11:43 PM

OP when I scroll past your thread it looks like a bunch of turds lined up in a circle.

by Anonymousreply 383May 23, 2022 12:01 AM

R383 LOL. It's because you're smelling your own asscunt, dearie.

by Anonymousreply 384May 23, 2022 12:19 AM

That makes no sense R384. Are you retarded?

by Anonymousreply 385May 23, 2022 12:36 AM

R54, there's nothing wrong with white, blond, Blues eyed people. In fact, many people love that look.

by Anonymousreply 386May 23, 2022 12:39 AM

Bridget Maasland, who co-hosts the nightly magazine show RTL Boulevard, is well known for being cunty as hell. It was no surprise when she was hired to be the newest cunty host of the Dutch version of The Weakest Link.

by Anonymousreply 387May 23, 2022 12:42 AM

This made me think of this hilarious interview from years ago where a Dutch tv host cannot stop laughing at his guest's hilarious voice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388May 23, 2022 12:45 AM

Their directness has its advantages.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389May 23, 2022 5:06 AM

The great thing about Amsterdam, is there are a lot of “city centres”, both in the old part of the city as the suburbs. You don’t have these endless stretches of bland and suburban wasteland as in the US.

by Anonymousreply 390May 23, 2022 7:32 AM

^ When you don't have a lot of land to spread out it's kind of hard to, you know, spread out 🙄

by Anonymousreply 391May 23, 2022 7:42 AM

Man on the land!!

by Anonymousreply 392May 23, 2022 10:54 AM

[quote]there's nothing wrong with white, blond, Blues eyed people. In fact, many people love that look.

It seems DL is now available in Pakistan.

by Anonymousreply 393May 23, 2022 11:01 AM

The only thing I have to contribute is that the best bread I've ever had was in Amsterdam, and all its denizens have amazing skills bicycling on cobblestones in the rain with loaded baskets, talking on the phone.

by Anonymousreply 394May 23, 2022 11:14 AM

Too much of their bread have raisins in them. Light colored ones. Ick.

by Anonymousreply 395May 23, 2022 5:09 PM

[quote]I find "Hon, here's your latte." quite sweet, to be honest.

r129/Dutchie - In Italy, service industry strangers (male and female) often refer to me as "caro" or "bello". Makes me feel warm inside. I love Italians. Also notice other Europeans don't have a bad thing to say about their character, even when complaining about their bureaucracy, inefficiency or disorganization. Italians are likeable.

by Anonymousreply 396May 24, 2022 1:57 AM

Schiphol Airport is a fucking nightmare these days and is expected to get even worse in the summer months. It serves those cunty Dutch right.

by Anonymousreply 397May 26, 2022 2:12 AM

They wrecked Indonesia with war crimes.

by Anonymousreply 398May 26, 2022 2:20 AM

And then hijacked their cuisine for mass consumption in the main Dutch cities.

by Anonymousreply 399May 26, 2022 2:27 AM

The US also wrecked Indonesia by aiding in genocide.

by Anonymousreply 400May 26, 2022 11:16 AM

^ Why don't you fuck off and start a separate thread about it😠

by Anonymousreply 401May 26, 2022 11:48 AM

What, R401, are you sad because they didn't kill enough leftists?

by Anonymousreply 402May 26, 2022 11:51 AM

They ruined pristine South Africa, went in and created apartheid. They broke that country, and created crime everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 403May 26, 2022 12:07 PM

^ Troll

by Anonymousreply 404May 26, 2022 12:07 PM

^ For r402

by Anonymousreply 405May 26, 2022 12:08 PM

You can complain about a lot of Dutch things - but Schiophol is not one. It has always been one of the most intelligently designed in the world. Others, like JFK, hire them because they do it so well. 30 minutes from plan to the center of Amsterdam - it’s why I try to fly into Amsterdam when visiting Europe. A quick easy escape to the city for a night of fun before dealing with the rest of Europe.

by Anonymousreply 406May 26, 2022 12:15 PM

R404 = Suharto

by Anonymousreply 407May 26, 2022 12:54 PM

just say 'While I can lose weight you will always be a cunt'

by Anonymousreply 408May 26, 2022 1:24 PM

The snowflakes here have yet to learn life's most imporant lesson.

Having a big dick is Nature's way of crowning kings.

We write our own rules and don't have to apologise to anyone.

by Anonymousreply 409May 26, 2022 1:32 PM

R406, you need to start paying attention to current news. Schiphol is a hell hole right now. Utter chaos.

by Anonymousreply 410May 26, 2022 2:43 PM

r407 = Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono

by Anonymousreply 411May 27, 2022 6:51 AM

Oh thank you R410 - I had no idea that there were major staffing shortages at Schiphol now. I just booked flight in for July. I’ll have to plan on a train out.

Sometimes DL is very informative. My gay pride trip to Amsterdam could have become a disaster - though the demand for Airbnb’s is crazy. Hopefully they are’s till selling weed to foreigners by the time I get there.

by Anonymousreply 412May 27, 2022 7:10 PM

[QUOTE] My gay pride trip to Amsterdam could have become a disaster

You go on "Pride Specific" vacations? Mary.

by Anonymousreply 413May 28, 2022 11:08 AM

[quote]My gay pride trip to Amsterdam

1986 called and wants their rainbow wrist bracelet back.

by Anonymousreply 414May 28, 2022 12:34 PM

Lol - actually just realized it was Pride after I had booked the trip. Then realized when there were no rooms left that it was Gay Pride weekend. I have fond memories of Amsterdam Gay Pride in the 1990s. Though I’ve been back every year, I haven’t done Pride on the Canals in 10+ years. It is a really fun day - like the old Queens Day (nowKings) because it has always been celebrated as much by the straight Dutch as gay. More of a citywide party. And the Reguliersdwarstraat will be an open air party all weekend.

by Anonymousreply 415May 28, 2022 3:10 PM

I just don’t think it’s a good idea to go this year, R415. Not with Monkey Pox doing its thing. I’m really surprised NZ Sauna hasn’t shut down yet.

by Anonymousreply 416May 28, 2022 3:59 PM

[quote]We write our own rules and don't have to apologise to anyone.

The Dutch must be the source of where Americans get their cuntiness.

by Anonymousreply 417May 30, 2022 9:20 PM

Quite possibly...

by Anonymousreply 418May 30, 2022 11:16 PM

Pure Dutch meaty heaven.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419May 31, 2022 6:10 PM

Pretty sure Hauer had a male love of his life who died from an AIDS-related illness. Following a grieving period he decided to get married and have a family, having sex with men occasionally but never again having an emotional involvement with one.

by Anonymousreply 420June 1, 2022 12:46 AM

And you know this because...?

by Anonymousreply 421June 1, 2022 2:19 AM

He’s stunning in that video.

by Anonymousreply 422June 1, 2022 2:38 AM

Had some friends who worked on True Blood when RT was on it- said he had a wicked sense of humor-he played a "fairy godfather" of sorts and when his character came out of the fairy realm, he wanted to be covered in semen. Production denied his request.

by Anonymousreply 423June 1, 2022 3:13 PM

R421, Hauer became very involved in AIDS charities because “someone very close to him” had died. Just do the math.

by Anonymousreply 424June 2, 2022 1:57 AM

You’d be cunty too if your country were being taken over by religious nut immigrants on welfare who want to blow you up as you work your ass off to support them.

by Anonymousreply 425June 2, 2022 6:21 AM

R310 If you think ren fairs are for straights then you've never been to one. The woman reenacting Elizabeth I is just one of many queens you will find on the premises.

by Anonymousreply 426June 2, 2022 9:55 AM

R295 That's because you kept knocking them off their bikes with your nose when you turned sideways.

by Anonymousreply 427June 2, 2022 10:19 AM

[quote]They do not suffer fools or ignorance. I suspect they come across brusque because they tend to “test” your intelligence and mettle up front.

Meaning they assume everyone is a fool or ignorant first, treat them rudely based on their assumptions, then excuse it by claiming they're merely not the kind to suffer fools in silence. I'm sorry, I know you're trying to defend this behavior, but every reply of yours makes them sound even worse than before.

by Anonymousreply 428June 2, 2022 10:42 AM

[QUOTE] Pretty sure Hauer had a male love of his life who died from an AIDS-related illness. Following a grieving period he decided to get married and have a family, having sex with men occasionally but never again having an emotional involvement with one.

Sure Jan.

by Anonymousreply 429June 2, 2022 1:29 PM

Why doesn't Dutch food (I'm afraid to say "cuisine" haha) travel? I've never heard of a Dutch restaurant anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 430June 2, 2022 1:35 PM

R84 = RACIST

by Anonymousreply 431June 2, 2022 2:34 PM

I once heard that the Dutch are more German than the German.

by Anonymousreply 432June 2, 2022 3:06 PM

Fuck off, R429. If you don’t believe that this was true of Hauer’s life keep it to yourself. It makes perfect sense if true. You don’t seem to grasp the concept that a bisexual man had a male lover who died and then chose to spend his remaining years with a wife and children.

by Anonymousreply 433June 2, 2022 5:40 PM

So DL's conclusion is it's impossible to be Dutch and nice?

by Anonymousreply 434June 3, 2022 6:05 AM

I know a very nice Dutch guy.

by Anonymousreply 435June 3, 2022 9:52 AM

Paint cans don't count.

by Anonymousreply 436June 3, 2022 9:54 AM

R433 You, fuck off. Cunt. You never knew Rutger so how the fuck would you know any personal details of his life? Sit your fat blubbery ass down, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 437June 3, 2022 9:58 AM

Blockage of you, R437/shitstain, will be my distinct pleasure this Friday morning.

by Anonymousreply 438June 3, 2022 1:19 PM

Girls, girls, are you sure you're not Dutch?

by Anonymousreply 439June 3, 2022 4:07 PM

LOfuckinL, R439

by Anonymousreply 440June 3, 2022 6:13 PM

The Dutch are great engineers.

by Anonymousreply 441June 4, 2022 3:49 AM

The Dutch-Dutch people I knew were nice. The Dutch-Jewish people I knew were cunts.

by Anonymousreply 442June 4, 2022 5:19 AM

First, this thread, then #Swedengate. We started a trend! What cunty Scandinavian country is next?

by Anonymousreply 443June 14, 2022 6:58 AM

R443, which is the Sweden thread? Link, please.

by Anonymousreply 444June 14, 2022 11:21 AM

Dutch has got to be one of the ugliest languages in the world. The Dutch cunt I worked with was always on the phone with family back home and it was godawful. She had a niece named "anouk"(?) Hideous name for a child.

by Anonymousreply 445June 14, 2022 6:15 PM

Anouk is a fairly common name for cunty Dutch babies. Isn’t it actually a French name?

by Anonymousreply 446June 15, 2022 10:50 PM

It sounds harsh and ugly to my ears R446.

by Anonymousreply 447June 15, 2022 10:53 PM

R444 It's a hashtag on twitter. Apparently, Swedes don't feed their guests. Almost as cunty as the Dutch, and twice as smug.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448June 16, 2022 5:41 AM

We fondly recall the Dutch sizemeats:

uncut and the size of our arm!

by Anonymousreply 449June 16, 2022 10:37 AM

Aren't they supposed to be the happiest cunts on earth? Or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 450June 16, 2022 10:59 AM

I think the cunty kids are supposed to be the happiest...maybe it's the chocolate sprinkles

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 451June 16, 2022 11:18 AM

They also think they invented everything in the world. From a design perspective. Which they did not. But they will take the credit for it.

by Anonymousreply 452June 16, 2022 11:22 AM

It is truly the ugliest sounding language on the planet. Thank God they are all fluent in English.

by Anonymousreply 453June 16, 2022 5:10 PM

I think Vietnamese is the ugliest language on the planet, but Dutch is pretty bad.

by Anonymousreply 454June 16, 2022 5:24 PM

I second Vietnamese. Bong, fong, woooong.

by Anonymousreply 455June 17, 2022 6:19 AM

Vietnamese is cute. Chinese is nothing but ugly YELLING. Can't stand that shit. Korean gets old very quickly as well. But German is up there too...it's like they're constantly trying to hack up a hairball.

by Anonymousreply 456June 17, 2022 10:31 AM

Dutch is just very harsh to the ear. Very ugly language.

by Anonymousreply 457June 17, 2022 10:38 AM

And everything’s “lekker lekker lekker” with them, which sounds like “liquor liquor liquor.”

by Anonymousreply 458June 17, 2022 10:59 PM

R446, R447 It's Eskimo. And it's ugly.

by Anonymousreply 459June 17, 2022 11:05 PM

Travel isn't getting any better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460June 18, 2022 1:09 PM

I’m booked into and out of AMS in early August. Hoping Schiphol improves. I always choose AMS because it’s so easy from downtown. Now I’m regretting getting a 7AM flight out - will have to wake up at 3AM to give myself enough time.

by Anonymousreply 461June 18, 2022 2:53 PM

R461, you really should rebook your flight somewhere else (like Dusseldorf) and take the train into the Netherlands. Schiphole will be a hell hole until mid September.

by Anonymousreply 462June 18, 2022 8:28 PM

Well, it sounds like "Shithole."

by Anonymousreply 463June 18, 2022 8:29 PM

Schiphol has a great rep as an extremely well laid out, efficient airport. But in this Covid world it’s certainly bearing the brunt of several personnel issues.

by Anonymousreply 464June 19, 2022 12:25 AM

For R461. Prepare to do a lot of waiting on line. And the Dutch are notoriously cunty when it comes to waiting on lines.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465June 20, 2022 6:08 PM

This could also be of interest, R461:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466June 22, 2022 1:34 PM

This is an amusing video-“Are the Dutch direct?” Some basically say they are to the point of cuntiness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467June 24, 2022 12:20 AM

I just love this cunty Dutch girl band from the 90's. Lekker lang lekker!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468June 26, 2022 1:08 AM

oom we’ll Kevin’s propa noice to mey aftah he’s fooked mey. And the dressing-room stoof is joost bantah ennit. Sow he’s alroit forra Belgium🤤🥅💭💸

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469June 28, 2022 1:44 PM

The Dutch footballer on Ted Lasso is cunty but fun.

by Anonymousreply 470June 29, 2022 12:33 AM

Yes, but why did this bitch have to eat a giant popcorn in the movie theatre? She makes all fat Americans look bad.

by Anonymousreply 471June 29, 2022 2:19 AM

I feel we could do with a bit more Dutch cunt-itude in this country.

Just to go up to a fat whore and say "Stop eating so much."

Or to a tranny having a fit over being dead-named and say "I am so not interested. No one cares. Cut the drama, and deal with your dick."

by Anonymousreply 472July 7, 2022 4:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!