Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bel Air megamansion listed for $87.8 million flops at auction and the celebrity developer seller is furious

A lavish Bel Air mansion listed for $87.8 million reportedly received just half the asking price when it went to auction last week.

According to CNBC, the highest bid for the property was just under $45.8 million—around 52% of the mammoth asking price.

The mansion, located at 777 Sarbonne Road in Bel Air, Calif., was auctioned online by Concierge Auctions earlier this month.

On top of its seven bedrooms, 11 bathrooms, and “dramatic views of Los Angeles,” the property boasts a range of unique features including a retractable hydraulic DJ table, a feng shui koi pond, and a glass elevator.

The house also comes complete with an infinity pool, a two-bedroom guesthouse, and an underground wine cellar.

While the sale is pending, the auction house is still accepting backup bids.

The buyer of the property will pay a 5% buyer’s premium on top of the final price, according to the listing.

If it does go through at the current price, it would be the fourth most expensive home to ever sell at auction. ‘Horrible, horrible, horrible’

The property’s seller, celebrity dermatologist and developer Alex Khadavi, told CNBC the auction results were “horrible, horrible, horrible."

"Nobody told me this thing’s going to go below, below this level,” he added.

Back in April, he told the Wall Street Journal the property would sell for more than its $50 million reserve price.

However, with the highest bid apparently coming in around $4.2 million under Khadavi’s reserve price, this has left both seller and agent highly disappointed.

“Honestly, I’m not happy,” co-listing agent Aaron Kirman of Compass told CNBC. “We wanted more.”

Although sellers aren’t usually obligated to accept a bid below the reserve, this sale may be forced to go ahead as part of Khadavi’s bankruptcy proceedings, and therefore was auctioned under more complex circumstances than a regular sale.

Khadavi is now reportedly racing to find another buyer who could offer more than the auction’s highest bid.

A spokesperson for Concierge Auctions was not available for comment when contacted by Fortune, but the company’s president, Chad Roffers, offered this statement to CNBC: “With over 80 qualified showings in the last 60 days, we are confident market value was delivered.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102May 23, 2022 11:26 PM

Hahahahaha fucking real estate cunts!!!!!

I hope they all die in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 1May 16, 2022 10:43 PM

Real estate assholes all deserve their heads on a pike.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 16, 2022 10:45 PM

What is wrong with that person’s face?

by Anonymousreply 3May 16, 2022 10:45 PM

My god, his face!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 16, 2022 10:48 PM

R3 - He was in a grease fire. See R1.

by Anonymousreply 5May 16, 2022 10:48 PM

I’m not sure I understand how it can sell below the reserve price even if he’s in bankruptcy. Can someone explain to me like I’m five?

by Anonymousreply 6May 16, 2022 10:48 PM

She cray

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 16, 2022 10:50 PM

Did he stomp his little feet?

by Anonymousreply 8May 16, 2022 10:50 PM

Nobody wants to live in that shithole L.A. anymore.

by Anonymousreply 9May 16, 2022 10:51 PM

He's a DERMATOLOGIST??? Physician, try to heal thyself!

The banks/creditors he owes money to may figure this is the best way to minimize their losses and force the sale to go through for less than the reserve.

Their attitude is likely that better to get something than nothing.

by Anonymousreply 10May 16, 2022 10:52 PM

Hahahahaha. Stupid cunts.

by Anonymousreply 11May 16, 2022 10:53 PM

He’s straight?!

by Anonymousreply 12May 16, 2022 10:53 PM

Yeah, what the fuck IS wrong with that guys face? His eyebrows look painted on but did he also have a facelift at age 40? DL plastic surgery experts, please weigh in.

by Anonymousreply 13May 16, 2022 10:53 PM

who wants anything associated with that creature

by Anonymousreply 14May 16, 2022 10:53 PM

It's tacky AF, but it does have good bones and that view is nice. Looks like your neighbor is on the other side of the bushes -- not something I would expect for $87M.

by Anonymousreply 15May 16, 2022 10:54 PM

Depends on who set the reserve price, R8. If it was the indebted owner, he may be free to take all reasonable measures to settle his debt. If it's a bank or a court, they could set s reserve but they could also - in some jurisdictions- have latitude to accept a reasonable rather than a full settlement.

An owner who thinks his house is worth more than he is offered on the auction market is not a surprise, it's a routine outcome.

by Anonymousreply 16May 16, 2022 10:54 PM

[quote] He’s straight?!

Yes... straight onto his knees.

by Anonymousreply 17May 16, 2022 10:55 PM

[quote] Yeah, what the fuck IS wrong with that guys face?

He was set on fire in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 18May 16, 2022 10:56 PM

Persian Jew or Armenian?

by Anonymousreply 19May 16, 2022 10:58 PM

Meh. I like the smaller house above it better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 16, 2022 10:58 PM

Aren’t Ben and Jen looking for a love nest? Although, if history is any indication, maybe they ought to just rent.

by Anonymousreply 21May 16, 2022 11:01 PM

[quote] Persian Jew or Armenian?

Probably both.

by Anonymousreply 22May 16, 2022 11:01 PM

Amateurs...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 16, 2022 11:01 PM

Her eyebrows are screaming MARY!!!

by Anonymousreply 24May 16, 2022 11:02 PM

If he ever got on a dance floor the DJ should play this song………

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 16, 2022 11:05 PM

What a hideous house.

Just like it’s owner.

by Anonymousreply 26May 16, 2022 11:07 PM

From the Eisner article:

“Eisner bought the first parcel on the bluffs in the mid-1990s and began adding adjacent lots until he completed the compound in 2020.”

He finished it and two years of happiness are for naught.

by Anonymousreply 27May 16, 2022 11:10 PM

Most likely the house had a criminal lack of throw pillows, hence the lowered price.

by Anonymousreply 28May 16, 2022 11:17 PM

I am outraged by his eyebrows!

by Anonymousreply 29May 16, 2022 11:18 PM

I'm sorry. $225 Million. I'm too disgusted to calculate what that money could buy for children and hospitals and homeless people and schools and destitute populations in destitute countries and on and on.

I guess the 1% get to do whatever they want with their money, but much of it has been earned on the backs of the poor people, as they might call them, and the fact that they pay no taxes.

He and his $225 million house should be struck by lightening. Or die in the DL proverbial Grease Fire.

Sorry if I'm not being coherent but I've really just had it with this wretched excess in a world where most people are barely surviving.

by Anonymousreply 30May 16, 2022 11:23 PM

[quote] I'm sorry. $225 Million. I'm too disgusted to calculate what that money could buy for children and hospitals and homeless people and schools and destitute populations in destitute countries and on and on.

Exactly.

And this fucking cunt is "furious." Because he didn't make the sale and doesn't get the commission.

I hope he gets eaten by fucking coyotes and ripped to pieces.

by Anonymousreply 31May 16, 2022 11:26 PM

[quote]Bel Air megamansion listed for $87.8 million flops at auction and the celebrity developer seller is hideous.

FIFY, Chloe Taylor

by Anonymousreply 32May 16, 2022 11:40 PM

Did everyone watch the video at the TMZ link?

He may have the most unattractive voice I've ever heard.

by Anonymousreply 33May 16, 2022 11:50 PM

He has the most unattractive soul too.

by Anonymousreply 34May 16, 2022 11:52 PM

It looks like he got a bad nose job and crazy lip fillers, but he really needed a chin implant.

by Anonymousreply 35May 16, 2022 11:55 PM

[quote] the celebrity developer seller is furious

Celebrity developer???

No one has even heard of this faygelah.

by Anonymousreply 36May 16, 2022 11:59 PM

Oh, drat. I just hate when rich people don’t get richer!!

by Anonymousreply 37May 17, 2022 12:10 AM

[quote]It's tacky AF, but it does have good bones and that view is nice.

Oh—I thought you were talking about his face.

by Anonymousreply 38May 17, 2022 12:18 AM

So does this mean the Russian, Chinese and Middle Eastern money is now gone, and in some cases, never to return?

by Anonymousreply 39May 17, 2022 12:30 AM

Damn, $225??? Think what Bab’s Malibu spread must be worth. Her signature stank AND a Shopping Mall.

by Anonymousreply 40May 17, 2022 12:36 AM

It looks like he went to the same surgeon as Omid Scooby-Doo….

Lol, r24…

by Anonymousreply 41May 17, 2022 12:45 AM

[quote]What is wrong with that person’s face?

He looks like a FtM tranny version of Kathy Najimy....with bad tattooed on eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 42May 17, 2022 3:00 AM

As a Hyatt Ziva All Inclusive Resort, I could see it, but....

by Anonymousreply 43May 17, 2022 3:08 AM

How many hideously tacky and vulgars SUPER SIZED mansions are there in the Los Angeles area. 2000? 20,000? 200,000?

by Anonymousreply 44May 17, 2022 11:10 AM

The world may never know!

by Anonymousreply 45May 17, 2022 11:12 AM

He’s quite possibly looking at chapter 7. At 49, will he remake it all before he’s 60?

by Anonymousreply 46May 17, 2022 11:25 AM

He looks like one of Brian Jordan Alvarez’s characters on Instagram.

Also, grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 47May 17, 2022 11:42 AM

[quote]Persian Jew or Armenian?

Persian.

by Anonymousreply 48May 17, 2022 11:45 AM

How much debt is he in that $48 million isn't enough?

by Anonymousreply 49May 17, 2022 11:53 AM

[quote] Eisner bought the first parcel on the bluffs in the mid-1990s and began adding adjacent lots until he completed the compound in 2020.

Amateur

by Anonymousreply 50May 17, 2022 11:59 AM

Only $48M offered. Maybe he shouldn't have included himself as part of the sale.

by Anonymousreply 51May 17, 2022 12:02 PM

Bye bye, real estate market!

by Anonymousreply 52May 17, 2022 12:05 PM

All these monstrosities are built by Arabs/Persians/Armenians - all are fairly ugly, and only appeal to the group that built them. That creates an incredibly small pool of potential buyers.

by Anonymousreply 53May 17, 2022 12:54 PM

r30 get off your damn cross and do something yourself you sanctimonous handout seeking wanker

by Anonymousreply 54May 17, 2022 1:03 PM

The dirt pimps cry bitter tears.

by Anonymousreply 55May 17, 2022 1:19 PM

He does look like Kathy Najimy, likely Persian then.

by Anonymousreply 56May 17, 2022 1:22 PM

They build them like this because “icy modernist house in the Hills” is a cliché in all the movies and TV commercials. Very few people actually want to live like that though.

by Anonymousreply 57May 17, 2022 1:41 PM

That face!

Looks like a rat who has had fillers and Botox.

Those eyebrows alone are cause for him to be shot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 17, 2022 1:43 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59May 17, 2022 1:45 PM

Any practice that takes Care Credit always makes one think twice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60May 17, 2022 1:48 PM

He kind of looks like Lydia from Breaking Bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61May 17, 2022 2:16 PM

How did a freak dermatologist make such a fortune to build such a palace?

by Anonymousreply 62May 17, 2022 3:35 PM

The Michael Eisner estate is gorgeous. I doubt any parcel of land/homes (nine structures?) could warrant that price, but the photos show it to be quite beautiful.

Apparently no Persian dermatologists were consulted on the design or furnishings.

by Anonymousreply 63May 17, 2022 3:49 PM

I just saw this on the duplicate thread and realized that a couple of years ago, I watched a video on YouTube about this mansion as it was still in construction, and it was the most obnoxious thing I'd ever seen. Some ugly old British guy named Michael and his ratty old Korean wig were trying to sell the place, I think. At one point he walked on the lawn and said he'd never walked on grass before, that's just how amazing this home is! It was pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 64May 17, 2022 4:22 PM

"Khadavi said: 'It's like when you go to a car dealership to buy a Toyota and they show you a Ferrari or a Lamborghini. It's like, 'Hey, I want that one!' You can't pass it up' "

Yeah. I came in t0 buy a 25k Toyota but I 'll take that 300K Lambo instead.

by Anonymousreply 65May 17, 2022 4:32 PM

Toyota dealerships sell Italian supercars?

by Anonymousreply 66May 17, 2022 4:34 PM

He looks a demonic elf on the shelf here.

His Yelp reviews are a hoot. He’s a Trumper and antimasker on top of being a rude, bigoted asshole. Surprise, surprise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67May 17, 2022 4:45 PM

People who could afford that house can afford to get exactly what they want. I don't know how he could be surprised.

by Anonymousreply 68May 17, 2022 5:31 PM

I haven’t looked at it, but given the highly questionable aesthetic choices of its owner vis-à-vis his own looks, I’m sure that this house’s neighbor at 822 Sarbonne is far nicer.

by Anonymousreply 69May 17, 2022 5:36 PM

OP- You should have called it a Bel Air Mega McMansion.

by Anonymousreply 70May 17, 2022 6:33 PM

[quote] Some ugly old British guy named Michael and his ratty old Korean wig were trying to sell the place

LOL "Producer Michael"!? I love your spot-on description of him! He really is quite revolting. And there's nothing more embarrassing than a grown-ass man desperately telling you how expensive everything is that he's wearing/driving. He claims to be wealthy but acts like a complete and utter poser.

by Anonymousreply 71May 17, 2022 10:49 PM

R62

Fact his practice takes Care Credit, along with what seems to be a decent number of famous (or adjacent) persons likely account for good part Dr. Khadavi's perceived wealth.

Care Credit is General Electric Financial. One of the worst predatory lenders out there. Looked into them once and kept going after noticing their lowest APR (for those with high to excellent credit scores) was around 27%.

Care Credit acts as a loan. Practice bills entire cost for procedure/treatments upfront, and are paid right off top. That is a pretty nice cash flow if a practice can sell themselves and take on those who aren't aware of what they're getting into.

Care Credit is popular with dentists (especially cosmetic, periodontal and other procedures that usually aren't covered by insurance much if at all. But also cosmetic surgery, dermatology, and so forth that usually also aren't covered by insurance.

by Anonymousreply 72May 18, 2022 12:08 AM

There's not many photos of the interior out there. Why is that?

by Anonymousreply 73May 18, 2022 12:12 AM

His face looks beautiful! Nearly lifelike!

by Anonymousreply 74May 18, 2022 12:14 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75May 18, 2022 12:14 AM

"Prospective buyers hail from the Middle East, China, as well locals in Los Angeles. Kirman said that he traveled to the Netherlands and Spain to meet with prospective buyers in late April."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76May 18, 2022 12:39 AM

If anyone wonders how these "million dollar listing" sorts of RE agents roll in so much money, above linked article gives clues.

Two brokers for this deal will split a 2% of final sale price fee. With final sale price of $45 million, well do the sums....

by Anonymousreply 77May 18, 2022 12:41 AM

One of RE brokers in this deal, Mauricio Umansky is married to Kyle Richards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78May 18, 2022 12:43 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79May 18, 2022 12:44 AM

I wouldn't wish that house on even the tackiest nouveau riche like the Kardashians

by Anonymousreply 80May 18, 2022 12:52 AM

Have we noted that the headline of the article is incorrect.

No one appears to be "furious"

[quote] developer Alex Khadavi, told CNBC the auction results were “horrible, horrible, horrible."

[quote] “Honestly, I’m not happy,” co-listing agent Aaron Kirman of Compass told CNBC. “We wanted more.”

by Anonymousreply 81May 18, 2022 12:56 AM

R80

It is almost certain who ever bought that property at auction is looking for just the land. That ghastly house will be torn down and something new built in it's place. This is pretty much standard for CA especially certain areas around say Los Angeles.

by Anonymousreply 82May 18, 2022 12:59 AM

[quote]“dramatic views of Los Angeles,”

Aka nauseating view of various Valley shitholes.

by Anonymousreply 83May 18, 2022 1:31 AM

A big reminder that anything is only "worth" what someone will pay for it on any given day.

That fluctuates and is difficult to predict.

by Anonymousreply 84May 18, 2022 3:10 AM

Kirman was also an agent for The One, which also failed to hit expectations.

by Anonymousreply 85May 18, 2022 4:05 AM

They've megalomania these people, one can't get away from them.

Just because they have "some" money, they think can throw up these sort of ghastly homes and find a ready market when the inevitable time to sell arrives.

by Anonymousreply 86May 18, 2022 4:55 AM

Yet another example of some fool thinking he could make a splash and killing in RE market.

Alex Khadavi playing at "Mr. Junior Developer" did this entire project on spec, he wasn't going to actually live in home, but was thought some fool would pay nearly $90 million for privilege to do so. Well he thought wrong....

Similar mega mansions all over USA have met similar fates, and just sit on market for failure of seller to unload.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87May 18, 2022 5:07 AM

R20 that does look nice, the house above the subject of this thread - looks like a lovely old home. I can see someone might pay somewhere near 87 million for that. But not the hideous tacky megamansion

by Anonymousreply 88May 18, 2022 6:03 AM

It is hideous. There is a lack of design, style and unity in the place. Of course, it is completely devoid of any architectural historical reference.

To me, it looks like a car dealership.

Who is going to buy something like this? This is at a price point were buyers want a say in the design. The wealthy are aware of design and architecture. You cannot have people over, you would be the subject of ridicule.

by Anonymousreply 89May 18, 2022 6:26 AM

This is what the wealthy criminals want glass walls were any youtuber could surveil you with drones 24/7. What an idiot?!

by Anonymousreply 90May 18, 2022 6:30 AM

he fucked up this house and property. And you could have figure out he was a complete loser because he fucked up his own face too. Is he some loser rich kid?

by Anonymousreply 91May 18, 2022 6:32 AM

Again read linked comments above, usual buyer of these sort of properties likely got this one as well; oily Middle Eastern, East European or Asian git looking for place to stash their ill gotten gains.

They buy properties like this for land, tear down whatever exists, then build something likely equally vulgar as what previously existed.

In old days some American developer would nab this sort of property for the land, then promptly subdivide into smaller lots, then build homes. Bel Air frowns on such things, so it seems likely this mega mansion will remain, or something similar will replace.

by Anonymousreply 92May 18, 2022 7:08 AM

I like the ersatz palace Fleur de Lys. It's over the top but reasonably well done and amusing more than tacky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93May 18, 2022 5:18 PM

Haha yes r71, it was Producer Michael! He's stuffed like a sausage into terrible polyester shirts and says stupid things while walking through large homes.

by Anonymousreply 94May 18, 2022 5:24 PM

Poor Dr. Kadaver. 😟

by Anonymousreply 95May 23, 2022 6:06 PM

R85, I thought this house WAS "The One"...?

by Anonymousreply 96May 23, 2022 6:16 PM

It's amazing he has any patients. Excluding his horrible attitude, who would any sane person want someone with such a grotesque, distorted plastic surgery face doing anything to their own faces?

by Anonymousreply 97May 23, 2022 6:19 PM

I'll go ahead and "oh dear" myself.

by Anonymousreply 98May 23, 2022 6:22 PM

This guy is disgusting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99May 23, 2022 6:25 PM

All the money that bastard has made and he can't make a go of it? He's a bankrupt scumbag. I hope he's eating out of a dumpster soon.

by Anonymousreply 100May 23, 2022 6:26 PM

I thought this was The One, as well, until I saw the photo. This is like a mini The One. I got mad listening to the guy designing The One when he started talking about the "servant's quarters" which are like tiny shoeboxes in that monstrosity that has a fucking candy room. And Producer Michael is the douchiest of douches. A prime example of not knowing how to age gracefully and aging without ever developing any depth.

by Anonymousreply 101May 23, 2022 6:57 PM

[quote] There's not many photos of the interior out there. Why is that?

The cameras kept bursting into flames.

by Anonymousreply 102May 23, 2022 11:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!