Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Kansas City Star: His lawyer calls him ‘delightful.’ Police say he’s the killer in Kansas City cold case

Interesting story linked.

[quote]David Hudnall Mon, May 16, 2022, 4:00 AM On the surface, Timothy Stephenson had been living the good life.

A home in northern California, a doctor for a husband, twin daughters.

But he carried a secret, police say: He’d killed a man back in Kansas City.

His past recently caught up with him. Stephenson was arrested in California and extradited to Benton County, Missouri, where nearly a quarter-century ago the decomposing body of 26-year-old Randy Oliphant was discovered in the woods outside Warsaw.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 3, 2024 1:51 AM

Let's just talk plain: Miss Congeniality is not really a win.

by Anonymousreply 1May 16, 2022 6:39 PM

Please don’t hurt me. I’m a divorced woman.

by Anonymousreply 2May 16, 2022 6:45 PM

A murderous queen

by Anonymousreply 3May 16, 2022 7:06 PM

Soft butch star dust and sprinkles

by Anonymousreply 4May 16, 2022 7:27 PM

The guy looks nuts.

Would you be grinning for your mug shot?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 16, 2022 7:48 PM

And if they hadn’t broken up, the vindictive ex would never have turned the killer in.

He knew of the murder for six or so years, and only told authorities after he decided to divorce him.

by Anonymousreply 6May 16, 2022 7:50 PM

Stardust and sprinkles on the outside but.a cold blooded murderer at his core. Sounds like Chasten.

by Anonymousreply 7May 16, 2022 7:53 PM

R5, I think he’s expressing glee over his eyebrow game and blinding teeth.

by Anonymousreply 8May 16, 2022 7:56 PM

If theres no dna then good luck prosecuting . Anything they heard from his lover is hearsay. That being said,he looks deranged.

by Anonymousreply 9May 16, 2022 8:07 PM

We don’t know if there’s a DNA match. If there was enough evidence to arrest him for a cold case, they may have enough for a trial and conviction. What he told the ex is hearsay, yeah. I wonder if killer dude has shared custody of the twins. And what he does for a living. I bet he’s a total grifter. Starburst, my ass. He sounds messy and dangerous.

I’d like to to know more about the WOMEN and the restraining orders…

by Anonymousreply 10May 16, 2022 8:37 PM

R10: "I’d like to to know more about the WOMEN and the restraining orders…"

Yeah, is this guy bi or something? I've never heard of any gay man who has this much "woman trouble".

by Anonymousreply 11May 16, 2022 8:57 PM

I guess I found material for another potential miniseries.

by Anonymousreply 12May 16, 2022 9:43 PM

"sometime in 2014 Stephenson told Ginejko that, years ago in Kansas City, he had killed Oliphant ." - Was it, " I love you till you get caught?"

by Anonymousreply 13May 16, 2022 10:08 PM

He looks like he's sniffing cookies sprinkled with blow.

by Anonymousreply 14May 16, 2022 10:21 PM

psy-psy-psycho!

by Anonymousreply 15May 16, 2022 11:12 PM

He did it. 🤷🏼‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 16May 16, 2022 11:35 PM

What kind of sorry motherfucker stays with a guy who told you they killed someone??? The husband is as much of a loon as the murderer. I feel for those twins. If they had enough to slam dunk convict him,he wouldnt be out on bond.

by Anonymousreply 17May 17, 2022 1:49 AM

Both things can be true ya know.

by Anonymousreply 18May 17, 2022 1:51 AM

Given he ended up with a balloon faced frau cunt of a husband and two dim looking twat droppings, I'm not sure there is any way he could be punished any further.

by Anonymousreply 19May 17, 2022 2:00 AM

"Stardust and sprinkles on the outside but.a cold blooded murderer at his core. Sounds like Chasten."

Leave it to the datalounge Log Cabinettes to post something this stupid

by Anonymousreply 20May 17, 2022 2:03 AM

The eyebrows reveal everything you need to know.

by Anonymousreply 21May 17, 2022 4:10 AM

[quote] We don’t know if there’s a DNA match. If there was enough evidence to arrest him for a cold case, they may have enough for a trial and conviction. What he told the ex is hearsay, yeah. I wonder if killer dude has shared custody of the twins. And what he does for a living. I bet he’s a total grifter. Starburst, my ass. He sounds messy and dangerous.

I'm thinking he got visitation or joint custody and the ex wasn't having it. I wonder if the twin daughters are adopted or if they used a surrogate.

by Anonymousreply 22May 17, 2022 12:30 PM

Any more details?

by Anonymousreply 23May 17, 2022 6:36 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 24May 18, 2022 5:40 PM

More info?

by Anonymousreply 25May 30, 2022 6:47 PM

Hearsay is often admissible in court. Here, it would be a statement against pecuniary interest—in other words, a confession to a crime. The idea is that no one would lie about being guilty of murder.

by Anonymousreply 26May 30, 2022 6:55 PM

Sounds like he's a garden variety liar and the doctor is using it against him.

If I were the police, I'd be wary of BOTH of them.

by Anonymousreply 27May 30, 2022 6:59 PM

It’s alarming how charming he is

by Anonymousreply 28May 30, 2022 7:14 PM

[quote] In the pocket of the corpse’s jeans was a card for a bar in Kansas City. The Dixie Belle Saloon.

The Lifetime Original Movie MUST be called “Last Call at the Dixie Belle Saloon.”

by Anonymousreply 29May 30, 2022 8:00 PM

From OP article:

[quote] sometime in 2014 Stephenson told Ginejko that, years ago in Kansas City, he had killed Oliphant in the bathroom of his home at 5125 Tracy.

[quote]Stephenson told him that “he shot Oliphant, how Oliphant pleaded for his life, how Stephenson shot him again and killed him, and how Stephenson disposed of Oliphant’s body in Benton County, Missouri.” He said he later “remodeled the bathroom in an attempt to conceal the crime scene and evidence of the homicide.” Ginejko tried to research Oliphant’s death but found little online, according to the probable cause statement.

I’m not for covering up crimes, but why tell a spouse this??

by Anonymousreply 30May 30, 2022 8:06 PM

God, I miss the old Dixie Belle. If those basement walls could talk ....

by Anonymousreply 31May 30, 2022 8:29 PM

I think we've found Jason Dottley's next husband!

by Anonymousreply 32May 30, 2022 8:44 PM

Creepy guy

by Anonymousreply 33June 9, 2022 10:43 PM

Update: he pled guilty to the murder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 2, 2024 7:53 PM

I think I saw this on an episode of "Gunsmoke."

"Yep, I heerd he done killed a man back in Kansas City. Twas years ago, they said."

by Anonymousreply 35April 2, 2024 8:37 PM

Husband look like lesbian lady.

by Anonymousreply 36April 2, 2024 10:37 PM

The murderer guy was better looking than the doctor husband.

by Anonymousreply 37April 3, 2024 1:41 AM

A statement against interest is one of many hearsay exceptions. He pleaded guilty in an attempt to get a more lenient sentence—his goose was cooked.

by Anonymousreply 38April 3, 2024 1:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!