Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Masculine Gay Men

Why do women hate masc gays so much? I know an attractive gay man who often gets mistaken for being straight and when women find out they go ballistic, they become super hateful. Some of these same women love femme gays who talk Rupaul and fashion, so it’s not traditional homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 290April 16, 2023 1:46 PM

Same reason people hate lipstick lesbians. Or fem guys who are straight. People prefer when others fit into a stereotype. When people don't conform, it makes some people very angry.

by Anonymousreply 1May 15, 2022 4:15 PM

This is a thing, really? I had no idea.

by Anonymousreply 2May 15, 2022 4:17 PM

[quote] I know an attractive gay man who often gets mistaken for being straight and when women find out they go ballistic

because they want to be fucked! It makes them angry.

I was a gay man who women found very attractive (more than the gays) and have had plenty of experiences of this.

by Anonymousreply 3May 15, 2022 4:17 PM

A drunk and horny woman can be mean. When they realize flirting won't get them any dick, some become furious. Sorry toots, we're just not interested in your anatomy. Nothing personal.

by Anonymousreply 4May 15, 2022 4:21 PM

R2 oh yeah, big time.

R1 has it about 90% figured out

by Anonymousreply 5May 15, 2022 4:22 PM

I think masculine gay guys piss women off more than anything because it’s like a glitch in the system for them. They get confused because they’re attracted to them, then they get really pissed because they can’t control them. Women control fem gays because fems admire and bow down to them. Women have no control over masculine gays and it drives them fucking crazy.

by Anonymousreply 6May 15, 2022 4:26 PM

R2 I've seen it but it's mostly a personal and maturity issue. It's not all women. It's women who are insecure. A lot of women who have gay friends prefer fems especially unattractive and fat ones (just my observation). So they have a gay friend who is supportive to them and can talk about girl things with. Sorta like a pet of sorts. These gays are like eunuchs, they pose no threat to anyone and women don't find them hot. But when a woman sees this masculine hunk and finds him hot and tries to get close to him. Only to find he is gay. An immature woman will become resentful and mean. Some will think "well, maybe I can convert him?" They try to be friends but behave weirdly. Using passive-aggressive remarks, attention-seeking, even sexual harassment like patting his butt or touching him, etc. A mature woman would respect this man's boundaries and remain polite but probably would not be friends since she would realize you can't be friends with someone you find physically attractive, gay or straight. A lot of insecure and immature women use gays as support. When I have friends, male or female, I chose the ones who don't care about my sexual orientation. I avoid the women who fetishize gay stuff because that's not being an ally. And I have had former female friends disrespect my boundaries and flirt.

by Anonymousreply 7May 15, 2022 4:26 PM

It upsets their assumptions about society. Gays are fine when they are ‘non threatening’, easy to spot, and essentially there to perform as a court jester. When a gay man could be mistaken for ‘husband material’, then he is labelled as a ‘waste’. I always find that one of the most disrespectful terms that’s usually given under the facade of a compliment. I see two things happening both pertaining to doubt: a) it takes away from their pool of potential ‘good prospects’ which gets smaller and smaller as people age, and b) it makes them fearful that any future man they’re with could potentially be in the down low.

by Anonymousreply 8May 15, 2022 4:32 PM

I don't think this is a phenomenon. Most women get immediately turned off when they find out a man is sexually attracted to another man. They might be attracted initially, but once they find out he's gay or bi, the attraction dies.

by Anonymousreply 9May 15, 2022 4:37 PM

R9 no one is debating that

The thread is about why these women become so enraged and turn malicious towards masc gays.

by Anonymousreply 10May 15, 2022 4:39 PM

[quote]They might be attracted initially, but once they find out he's gay or bi, the attraction dies.

Not always. Some don't get the message.

by Anonymousreply 11May 15, 2022 4:39 PM

R9 smells fishy

by Anonymousreply 12May 15, 2022 4:40 PM

Christ on a cracker! Some of you bitches will stop at nothing to generalize your misogynistic feelings from your own limited experiences to all women, gay men, and so forth.

by Anonymousreply 13May 15, 2022 4:41 PM

R13 right on time, actually a little late

by Anonymousreply 14May 15, 2022 4:43 PM

R13 is pissed… so pissed she paused her Drag Race reruns and told her “girls” to hold up a minute while she posted

by Anonymousreply 15May 15, 2022 4:45 PM

I was just going to say that: not ALL women, OP. I'm a lesbian and I could give a flying fuck how SA/SA a gay man is. As long as any man is a decent person and doesn't hate on women or make a pass at me (and at my age, it's shocking to me how often this still happens!), we're good.

by Anonymousreply 16May 15, 2022 4:51 PM

This site loves to generalize. But threads like this do make a point and I don't think it's a typical troll thread. There is a lot of weirdness between masc gays, fem gays and straight women and discussions should exist. Some women feel entitled to gay men and put us into this box which is not cool. These do not represent all women, just immature and probably unstable women who don't seem to maintain female friendships well.

And gays are far less misogynistic than straight men because we empathize with and listen to women way more. We let women into gay clubs and we embrace female musicians, models, writers, designers and actresses way more than straight men do. Straight men don't let women into their good ol' boy clubs and do not listen to or tolerate women at all that much. So I don't quite get the women on here who are calling all gays misogynistic all of a sudden. Yeah "fish" and "frau" may be un-PC but they are used ironically, gays aren't attracted to women sexually but we don't hate them. Some gays hate women of course.

by Anonymousreply 17May 15, 2022 4:53 PM

[quote]I was just going to say that: not ALL women, OP. I'm a lesbian and I could give a flying fuck how SA/SA a gay man is.

he was talking about str8 women obviously you idiot

by Anonymousreply 18May 15, 2022 4:53 PM

R18 Lezzies don’t like nuance and they’re always looking for a bone to pick

by Anonymousreply 19May 15, 2022 4:56 PM

I have never witnessed straight women getting angry over masculine gay men or at them. If anything, they tend to ignore each other as they have almost nothing to talk about.

Masculine gay men and lesbians are often great friends because they can bond over things like sports that femme gays don't care about.

Many DLers are incredibly misogynistic--they resent "fraus" for having the lives they wanted to have and feel they'd be much better women. In many ways that goes hand-in-hand with the Trans Hatred--I think many of those Frau-Hating DLers would have been much happier as women.

by Anonymousreply 20May 15, 2022 4:59 PM

Women love to spew all the #bossbabe bullshit and say how they’re going to be CEO, but women cannot be managed by a gay man, they lose it. They will all gang up in a very “who is this f@% to tell me what to do?!” kinda way and try to take a gay guy down.

by Anonymousreply 21May 15, 2022 4:59 PM

R20 spewing homophobic gay erasure nonsense

by Anonymousreply 22May 15, 2022 5:00 PM

[quote] Masculine gay men and lesbians are often great friends because they can bond over things like sports that femme gays don't care about.

True. Most of my female friends are either older women or lesbians. I'm 29 and find a lot of straight women in their 20s immature and lack understanding of boundaries. I'm not the type to text or call everyday nor understand why every little thing is the "worst thing ever". Older women are more confident and no-bullshit which will always be refreshing. I always got along with lesbians mainly butch or androgynous ones. I don't know many lipstick ones but the ones I did encounter were pretty cool and still very different from straight women. I have a lot of straight male friends too I've known before I came out and they still remained friends after.

by Anonymousreply 23May 15, 2022 5:06 PM

I'm a masculine gay guy. Most people assume I'm straight untilI tell them otherwise. I've never experienced the hate of which you speak, OP. Maybe I get a comic sigh with a funny "what could've been" comment. But that's the extent of the rage.

by Anonymousreply 24May 15, 2022 5:08 PM

R24 is right. Straight-acting gays get treated better across the board

by Anonymousreply 25May 15, 2022 5:12 PM

[quote]I have never witnessed straight women getting angry over masculine gay men or at them

That's because you have spent no time with, around or near straight women. Not trying to generalize because of course not all straight women are like this, but I have found it shocking the number of times a straight woman has referred to a gay man as a "waste" as though that is normal and acceptable. The best comeback I've heard was from a colleague who responded to another's "waste" pronouncement with "So you're a misandrist, or is a man's worth only about pumping out babies?"

by Anonymousreply 26May 15, 2022 5:13 PM

R24 Same. OP is exaggerating a bit by saying "women" as in every single one is like this. I find many women are really indifferent to masc gay men. They aren't going to rush to befriend them like they do the fems. I think it's a bit shitty how some women think "gay = fem" and don't see masc gays as true gays though. Now, the crazy women who act nasty and try to convert the masc gay are the same as the ones who try to go after straight men who are taken. It's immaturity of the individual. I've known a few gays who chase after straight men like that too. So it's not even a woman thing.

by Anonymousreply 27May 15, 2022 5:14 PM

R26, gay men say the same thing when hot guys turn out to be straight

MRAs always look for excuses to spew about "misandry"

by Anonymousreply 28May 15, 2022 5:14 PM

R28 here’s a generalization: everyone now looks for a reason to “spew” a label in anything ending in “-y” or “-ist”

by Anonymousreply 29May 15, 2022 5:22 PM

I've heard that as well, R28, but nowhere near the number of times I've heard it from straight women, and most of the times I've heard it from a gay man it was said ironically because humor. .

by Anonymousreply 30May 15, 2022 5:22 PM

Some fem gays dislike masculine gays too. I understand disliking the overly butch bro ones who are putting on a show and spew immature anti-fem rhetoric to prove it. But some fems can be hostile to average gay men who just happen to pass for straight. Ironically they find those guys very attractive and really want their attention. I don't see many women doing that, they may say "what a waste" or ask "are you really gay?" but usually they move on quickly unless they have some screws lose. Some fems stalk the masc guy of their attention.

by Anonymousreply 31May 15, 2022 5:37 PM

OP All gay men are masculine because they are men.

by Anonymousreply 32May 15, 2022 5:43 PM

Guess they got past it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 15, 2022 5:53 PM

Or I am a masculine gay guy who has never experienced women gossiping to me about men the way they do with their femme "Gay BFF"s R26

by Anonymousreply 34May 15, 2022 5:58 PM

R33 who that

by Anonymousreply 35May 15, 2022 6:14 PM

Who’s the boy and who’s the girl?

by Anonymousreply 36May 15, 2022 6:29 PM

I don't think this is a thing. I'm masculine and pass for straight. Women have hit up on me many times and as soon as I tell them I like men they're very accepting and, in fact, try to turn me into a girlfriend, which I won't do. I prefer the company of men.

by Anonymousreply 37May 15, 2022 6:40 PM

R37 you’ve just never experienced it

by Anonymousreply 38May 15, 2022 6:46 PM

[bold] The One Where OP Turns A One-Time Occurrence Into A Sweeping Generalization And Then Spends The Rest Of The Thread Trying To Convince People He Is Right

by Anonymousreply 39May 15, 2022 6:52 PM

I just like hot sexy approachable men who like to play with me, I can flirt with them, and they flirt back, I can eyeball them and they grin and appreciate the attention without getting all weirded out, I can seduce them and they're interested enough to come home with me, they enjoy the romp and move on with no drama, I find men to be spectacular sexual playmates, who needs women? lol ;-)

by Anonymousreply 40May 15, 2022 6:57 PM

I think there often is an element of homophobia involved. Yes they might like a few queeny men and seem accepting of gays. But they don't see them as sexual. When confronted by the rejection of a gay man they find attractive they're more likely to think about “what we do” and how much they hate it.

by Anonymousreply 41May 15, 2022 7:00 PM

Masculine gay men act like their shit don't stink. That's why they say stuff like this.

[quote] I prefer the company of men.

Lesbians are more down to earth.

by Anonymousreply 42May 15, 2022 7:01 PM

You're a gay man and mad because women don't see you as sexual!? Who gives a shit. You're not interested in them anyway. How insecure can you be?

by Anonymousreply 43May 15, 2022 7:03 PM

just like in hits thread alone... we've proven tht most women veer towards mental illnesses and tend to lash out at the insignificant.

Most str8 women tend to look at gay men as others might look at profound developmental disabiltiies.

They don't tend to view gay men as real men.

And modern feminism suggests that any gay man that has masculine traits is self hating... just as radical feminism makes the claim that we try to appropriate femaleness, leading to the destruction of lesbian politics and feminism, just as we ruined sodom and gomorrah, and the resulting factor of how Lilith ended up barefoot and pregnant, after fleeing Adam, to only become seduced by Ashmedai the protector of homosexuals, to spawn these demons for all eternity.

by Anonymousreply 44May 15, 2022 7:26 PM

women hate men

by Anonymousreply 45May 15, 2022 7:28 PM

R44 = hung like a hamster

by Anonymousreply 46May 15, 2022 7:31 PM

R46 is mad that R44 isn’t clacking a circuit fan and calling all his fellow gays “hunty”

by Anonymousreply 47May 15, 2022 8:17 PM

R39.

by Anonymousreply 48May 15, 2022 8:52 PM

R20 Ooh, homophobic much?

by Anonymousreply 49May 15, 2022 9:08 PM

R20 is YMF, so what do you think, R49?

by Anonymousreply 50May 15, 2022 9:10 PM

[quote]This is a thing, really? I had no idea.

Of course it is. Just look at when people tell them about how certain good looking male celebrities are closeted and secretly gay. They can’t stand to have their delusional fantasies crushed and can’t stand that they don’t have a chance (even though they never really did in the first place). Just look at before Ricky Martin came out - those fraus used to get enraged at the suggestion he was gay because they wanted to think they had a chance.

by Anonymousreply 51May 15, 2022 9:29 PM

[quote]Lesbians are more down to earth.

Like Ellen who doesn’t allow staff to speak to her or look her in the eye in passing?

by Anonymousreply 52May 15, 2022 9:34 PM

Ellen is a celebrity though. She's narcissistic and the fact she pandered to flyover fraus and chose to present herself as a eunuch. Even fake fawning over her male guests. Shows she has a strong desire to be accepted and worshipped. She never got over her sitcom being cancelled. She could have stayed a proud lesbian and enjoyed a more low-key comedy career with her dignity in tact but she chose money and fame. She's richer than God but seems angry and bitter.

by Anonymousreply 53May 15, 2022 9:54 PM

[quote] She never got over her sitcom being cancelled.

It just became about her being a lesbian. Every week. I mean, she worked in a "hip" bookstore in fucking Los Angeles, you really think they'd all be so freaked out about her being a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 54May 19, 2022 8:51 PM

Most of my friends are bi or masculine gays. I never had a problem with turning down women and never had to deal with this. Maybe this is a generation thing and older people face this? I'm 37 btw.

by Anonymousreply 55May 19, 2022 8:53 PM

Women do hate masculine gay and bisexuals because they have more in common with their husbands, but that's another conversation, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 56May 19, 2022 8:56 PM

[quote] And gays are far less misogynistic than straight men because we empathize with and listen to women way more. We let women into gay clubs and we embrace female musicians, models, writers, designers and actresses way more than straight men do.

Kind of OPs point. I'm gay and I don't do any of these and my bi/gay friends don't do it either. This is a behavior associated with the said fem gays. The point is that most of us are just like their straight fantasy men and they supposedly get pissed at us when they realize that.

I have female friends but I spend more time with their boyfriends than with them. I have little in common with women. Come to think of it, maybe they resent us because they perceive our lack of interest in them as misogyny. I don't hate women I just don't find them beautiful or interesting. I have better relationships with butch lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 57May 19, 2022 9:12 PM

[quote] I never had a problem with turning down women and never had to deal with this. Maybe this is a generation thing and older people face this? I'm 37 btw.

Not being rude, but clearly you're not attractive to women.

by Anonymousreply 58May 19, 2022 9:13 PM

[quote]Not being rude, but clearly you're not attractive to women.

Many women hit on me, that's not the point is it? My point is that they're just not nasty to me and I don't stick around them to found out. Most of my friends are men and no one is obsessed with getting laid or women that much. I think DL has a very unhealthy idea of how men behave in general. Most men are just normal people, they don't think about sex or talk about women that much, there's more to one's life than that. Men spend more time talking about their goals and frustrations than about women. It's only a very dying segment of men that are the hyper masculine delusion some of you think it's the norm.

by Anonymousreply 59May 19, 2022 9:24 PM

[quote]I never had a problem with turning down women and never had to deal with this.

and then

[quote]Many women hit on me

OKAY

by Anonymousreply 60May 19, 2022 9:26 PM

R60 Let me reword it.

[quote] I never had a problem with turning down women and never had to deal with this.

It means I've never ran into problems while turning down women. Problems described by OP. Thus I never had to deal with this (women being bitchy).

Hope it helps.

by Anonymousreply 61May 19, 2022 9:33 PM

[quote]It means I've never ran into problems while turning down women. Problems described by OP. Thus I never had to deal with this (women being bitchy).

That's quite different from what you first said - but why you should think it's something to do with the old days is ridiculous and if they never turned on you for rejecting them again proves they were never too keen on you...if at all.

by Anonymousreply 62May 19, 2022 9:36 PM

Fuck you and get a life.

by Anonymousreply 63May 19, 2022 9:40 PM

^ No wonder you don't turn women on.

by Anonymousreply 64May 19, 2022 9:47 PM

[quote] Maybe this is a generation thing and older people face this? I'm 37 btw.

In gay years, you are 67.

by Anonymousreply 65May 19, 2022 10:14 PM

[quote] Why do women hate masc gays so much?

Because they've yet to encounter one.

by Anonymousreply 66May 19, 2022 10:35 PM

R66 = femmy type....like R63

by Anonymousreply 67May 19, 2022 10:40 PM

I never got this shit, at least not so as I can remember. I'm masc but maybe I aint attractive to women, maybe cos I dont dress flash and I curse and belch

by Anonymousreply 68May 19, 2022 10:50 PM

Who cares what women think or feel about gay men?

by Anonymousreply 69May 19, 2022 11:01 PM

It's at least partly misogynistic because a lot of them talk about feminine gay men with disdain. Obviously if they have a problem with feminine gay men, they would hate actual women.

by Anonymousreply 70May 20, 2022 12:23 AM

I always suspected there was hatred between straight women and gay men and this thread proves it.

by Anonymousreply 71May 20, 2022 12:32 AM

I feel masc gay men have resentment of being associated with mainstream gay culture which is dominated by flamboyant attitudes and effeminate behavior. They are treated as "less gay" because of it. Fem gays are obsessed with masc gays though and get so offended when masc gays don't return that attraction and say it's "internalized homophobia."

by Anonymousreply 72May 20, 2022 12:56 AM

Gay culture tries to feminize masc gays. People who try to turn others into mirrors of themselves are psychotic.

by Anonymousreply 73May 20, 2022 1:01 AM

women and queeny gays want men DESTROYED! unless they want to fuck and then it's postponed for a bit.

by Anonymousreply 74May 20, 2022 1:09 AM

Women want to rule the roost and run the show but they don’t ever want gays to go beyond doing their hair & makeup.

by Anonymousreply 75May 20, 2022 1:11 AM

They hate the manly homos once they find out the truth because of bitterness and disappointment that the stud they wanted so badly wouldn't touch them with a 10' pole.

The love the fems because they're non threatening to them and they don't have to worry about being raped by them.

by Anonymousreply 76May 20, 2022 1:11 AM

I wonder if the mainstreaming of gay culture did this like Queer Eye, Will & Grace, Drag Race, everything on Bravo, etc. I always wanted to find the skinny gay punks of Gregg Araki, Dennis Cooper and Bruce LaBruce's world. Those XY Magazine pin-up boys were the hottest. Queer as Folk (bot UK and US original) had a great spectrum of representation of different gays.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77May 20, 2022 1:13 AM

This has been an issue with me my entire life, OP. I've had women ask me out or just blatantly ask me for sex, and then when I'd tell them I'm gay they wouldn't believe me. I distinctly remember a nurse during my residency say, "If you don't want to fuck me that's fine, but you don't have to lie to me and insult my intelligence."

Sometimes I think the guys who are a little more obvious have it easier.

by Anonymousreply 78May 20, 2022 1:17 AM

“I love those f@gs…. as long as they’re coloring my hair and fixing me a martini!”

by Anonymousreply 79May 20, 2022 1:17 AM

WE all should hunt down this OP and burn her alive for such a trollish fucking posting. I hate you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 80May 20, 2022 1:18 AM

💋

by Anonymousreply 81May 20, 2022 1:19 AM

R80, bitch slow yo' roll. Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 82May 20, 2022 1:21 AM

You need to drink ten gallons of bleach then light yourself on fire, OP. I hate you, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 83May 20, 2022 1:22 AM

R80 doesn’t want her gay BFF to stop doing her makeup for free before events

by Anonymousreply 84May 20, 2022 1:22 AM

R83 got fucked by her homophobic trashy dad and she likes being around femme gay men because she can project her sexual shame onto them

by Anonymousreply 85May 20, 2022 1:24 AM

This OP is psychotic fucking trash. I hate you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 86May 20, 2022 1:27 AM

R86 must be insane to care so much with all her sock puppets. YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSKWEEEEENNNNNNN!!!!

by Anonymousreply 87May 20, 2022 1:29 AM

R8- A perfect example of a court jester type is the character Elijah on GIRLS. He was super bitchy, super queeny and super sceney. He was essentially a stock FAGGOT character. He would be Hannah's mean girl friend. He was witty and nasty- there would be no point on having a gay male character that was neutral and low key because he would not earn his keep as a COURT JESTER/EUNUCH.

by Anonymousreply 88May 20, 2022 1:40 AM

Miss R82 = Poet Laureate of Data Lounge.

by Anonymousreply 89May 20, 2022 1:42 AM

R53- Oprah Winfrey pandered to those same FLYOVER FRAUS.

by Anonymousreply 90May 20, 2022 1:45 AM

I'll say this much, straight women really hate masculine gay men dating bisexual men. As they see us as competition. I lost count of how many times a random chick told me that I could never give to my ex what she could. These type of women can be pretty vile.

by Anonymousreply 91May 20, 2022 3:21 AM

Straight women and their swishy, pet gays will start treating you like a woman they hate and straight men will see you as a mole or traitor.

by Anonymousreply 92May 20, 2022 3:32 AM

If a woman is attracted to a man and finds out he is gay, she might be disappointed. Sort of like finding out he is married, except even more unattainable. It should be easier to accept, though, since it means she never had a chance, not that it’s her fault he isn’t attracted to her. There are immature people of both sexes who have a hard time accepting that they can’t get what they want, but that’s not the norm.

Of course, if a closeted gay man flirts or “dates” a woman, leading her on for his own cover, she may be upset when she realizes that he has been dishonest with her.

by Anonymousreply 93May 20, 2022 5:10 AM

We need to start a club- it shall be called

The Datalounge HE man Woman Haters Club

by Anonymousreply 94May 20, 2022 5:11 PM

R94 how about The Datalounge Women Are Infallible & I don’t feel comfortable in my own masculinity because of childhood teasing so I affect to be super fem and worship women Club?

by Anonymousreply 95May 20, 2022 5:37 PM

R20 is correct

by Anonymousreply 96May 20, 2022 6:39 PM

R96 both opinions, you’ve just never viewed the other side

by Anonymousreply 97May 20, 2022 6:43 PM

I don't think most men, gay, straight or bi, fit into "masc" and "fem" category. Most men are honestly in-between. The average joe will be able to fix a bike and cook his own dinner. Can enjoy sports and pop music. Every stereotypical feminine quality like a nurturing attitude, pettiness and overemotional is present in men and women. While every stereotypical masculine quality like stoicism, aggression and competitiveness is present in men and women. Men and women are just brought up to act differently and conform to the stereotypes. People can reject but often face scrutiny. A lot of straight men have naturally high-pitched voices but they usually deepen it. While some gay men do pitch up their voices sort of as a signal that they are gay to others. Fems who get mad will sound 100% male with a bass in their tone. Gay culture is obsessed with categories but many gays don't fit into these boxes.

by Anonymousreply 98May 20, 2022 7:02 PM

I understand 100% what OP is saying, and this shit is real. I've experienced it many times even before I came out. Usually it's more subtle and passive aggressive. I am a very attractive man who usually attracts lots of women.

by Anonymousreply 99May 20, 2022 7:45 PM

Smell you, gurl R99!

by Anonymousreply 100May 20, 2022 8:15 PM

R99- You are also VERY modest

by Anonymousreply 101May 20, 2022 8:26 PM

I get more of an ego boost when a woman compliments my looks than when a dude does, especially if the woman is hot

by Anonymousreply 102May 20, 2022 9:24 PM

Women are far more picky R102. Yes, men are “visual creatures;” but often all men require in a potential fuck is a visible pulse.

by Anonymousreply 103May 22, 2022 8:41 PM

A lot of guys are very very physically picky. No abs, no pecs, don’t bother

by Anonymousreply 104May 22, 2022 8:45 PM

R104- There are some guys who don't lift weights ( totally slim) and are still considered very good looking- they are lucky because they don't have to do a thing to be considered attractive.

by Anonymousreply 105May 22, 2022 8:55 PM

I find a lot of masculine gay men are just as boring and arrogant as straight men. 🥱

by Anonymousreply 106May 22, 2022 8:59 PM

R106- Effeminate gay males can be boring too.

by Anonymousreply 107May 22, 2022 9:05 PM

I think most people are boring. So it's not a masc or fem thing.

by Anonymousreply 108May 22, 2022 9:20 PM

R104 - very true, but I think men (straights included) are more inclined to occasionally lower their standards when the really need to get laid.

by Anonymousreply 109May 22, 2022 9:23 PM

I'm not exactly a screaming queen, but I am (in my mind) obviously gay. Certain women around my age (30s) sometimes make me for a straight nebbish though, which is because I live in NYC and the hip thing to do for men in my circles is act as "alternative" as possible. I can always tell who gets annoyed when I have to say I don't like pussy.

by Anonymousreply 110May 22, 2022 9:27 PM

Women define themselves by how useful they are to men. Femme gays want fag hags and straight men want their tits and pussies. A masculine gay man has no interest in either, which means no validation.

by Anonymousreply 111May 22, 2022 9:35 PM

What bugs me is how masc gay men are practically absent from media -- TV, film, etc., is essentially dominated by femme gay men and drag queens: Drag Race, Pose, that new Fire Island movie, etc. I rarely see masc gay guys, at least in American media. I guess straight audiences are more comfortable with stereotypes.

by Anonymousreply 112May 22, 2022 10:06 PM

In the real world, truly Masculine men, defined as unclockable and undetectable, often are usually closeted or at least mostly closeted. By definition, they blend in. Media tend to depict that which is noteworthy, distinctive, colorful. Masculine gay men are less inteResting to entertainment and media

by Anonymousreply 113May 22, 2022 10:20 PM

I guess it depends on what circles you're a part of, r113. Most of my gay friends are masc guys, and most of the gay men I meet in the gay places I go to are masc. But, then, I'm not part of the theater world or the club/circuit scene. This is something many of us have mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 114May 22, 2022 10:39 PM

R114 And yet you still gravitated to a messageboard whose main topics of conversation are Joan Crawford, the Golden Girls and the class markers of 1950s housewives.

by Anonymousreply 115May 23, 2022 12:12 AM

You only see masc gays in indie gay films written by gay men for gay men. Most mainstream media is for a straight audience. Women are the biggest consumer of "LGBT" media too. Will & Grace and Queer Eye seemed for the fraus. Even the American version of Queer as Folk which was intended for a gay and lesbian audience initially had became more popular with straight women though the same deal with The L Word.

by Anonymousreply 116May 23, 2022 12:15 AM

R115 Ooooh BURN. Yes. Extreme total angry bottoms are the revolting worshippers of the Golden Girls.

by Anonymousreply 117May 23, 2022 12:30 AM

Masculine and attractive gay men infuriate women because as much as men are hard-programmed to spread their seed, women are hard-programmed to find suitable biological mates. It’s what I’d call “biological homophobia”. They’re angry that a perfectly fine specimen doesn’t want to seed their egg, throw in the lingering AIDS stigma that causes them to view gays as “nasty and diseased” and BOOM you’ve got homophobia. Most women are homophobic but they just cover it up more now days. Some women are more homophobic than men.

by Anonymousreply 118June 5, 2022 2:03 PM

Only MAGA "women" are homophobic. Don't paint all girls w the same brush.

by Anonymousreply 119June 5, 2022 2:35 PM

R119, completely untrue. There are many "ally" women who treat gay men like their personal accessories. The ones who refer to gay men as "my gays".

by Anonymousreply 120June 5, 2022 4:38 PM

And sadly too many gay men like being viewed in such a manner.

by Anonymousreply 121June 5, 2022 4:40 PM

R121, yup. Degrading as fuck. They want to be loved and accepted by anyone.

by Anonymousreply 122June 5, 2022 4:41 PM

R118 is a brilliant philosopher and 100% correct.

by Anonymousreply 123June 5, 2022 4:43 PM

Agree R120, there are more subtle type of homophobia that I noticed in liberal women, in condescending and slightly sardonic manner.

by Anonymousreply 124June 5, 2022 4:43 PM

I largely agree with r119, except with the most women are homophobic part. I do think most women fear being involved with a man who has any homosexual desires or leanings. They want to feel assured there is no way their man has been with or ever could be with a man. One huge reason for this is fear of HIV and STDs. Yes, most people still think gay and bisexual men are high risk carriers of STIs. Masculine bi, heteroflexible, and gay men that are unclockable terrify women because they could fall for them unaware. Men who evade gaydar make people feel any “normal” guy could get involved with another guy, not just the “weirdo” effeminate ones.

by Anonymousreply 125June 5, 2022 4:50 PM

R120 What kind of delusional fucked up world do you live in where you imagine that to be true? Jeesass Fack.

by Anonymousreply 126June 5, 2022 6:30 PM

R119 hahahahaha sure Jan. You mean “obviously” homophobic, liberal women still think gays are 2nd class they just don’t call them f@gs and vote democrat.

by Anonymousreply 127June 5, 2022 7:53 PM

I think women should respect masculine gays. It's homophobic to assume all gay men are innately feminine. And I hate the term "straight-acting" because it's also homophobic. And it's not even that these women like regular feminine gay men. They like the narcissistic, bitchy, loud and passive-aggressive queens who give backhanded compliments and are vapid and materialistic. Not the intellectual, soft-spoken and compassionate gays who lean feminine.

by Anonymousreply 128June 13, 2022 6:58 PM

R128- So many queens find the phrase straight acting offensive. I never use that to describe myself though I easily pass for straight. The phrase straight acting does not offend me. I read NORMAL as offensive. A guy in a personal ad who says- Normal guy seeks other normal guy- as if everyone else is abnormal even though you suck cock and fuck guys up the ass too.

by Anonymousreply 129June 13, 2022 7:04 PM

Normal can mean a gay guy who is not over-the-top and drama free. Both fems and mascs can act like big stereotypes and put on an act which nobody likes. The muscle queens on Grindr who love to say they are masc and act like 12-year-old boys trying to men. While some fems can act like mean girls with passive-aggressiveness and always bringing drama.

Mature gay men who are either masculine, feminine or a bit of both don't need to advertise it and prove what side they are on.

by Anonymousreply 130June 13, 2022 7:11 PM

If bi men weren't so hated and slandered here you might get more good anecdotes on this topic. And I can vouch for those on the thread who have said that straight women can definitely treat bi and gay men like useless monsters.

by Anonymousreply 131June 13, 2022 9:36 PM

I often drop phrases like "my bf" when i meet single women around my age. Ive experienced awkward moments especially when i have work relations with them. I do this early on. Hell hath no Fury like a woman scorned and all that .

by Anonymousreply 132June 14, 2022 12:47 AM

R132 we want to hear about the situation that caused you to start doing that

by Anonymousreply 133June 14, 2022 12:59 AM

They don’t OP. Just in your feverish little mind.

by Anonymousreply 134June 14, 2022 2:16 AM

[quote]What bugs me is how masc gay men are practically absent from media -- TV, film, etc., is essentially dominated by femme gay men and drag queens: Drag Race, Pose, that new Fire Island movie, etc. I rarely see masc gay guys, at least in American media. I guess straight audiences are more comfortable with stereotypes.

The only one I can think of was Tab Hunter back in the 50s and his attractiveness to women was part of what made his position so untenable in the end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135June 14, 2022 3:02 AM

My partner is handsome and masculine. Straight women are relentless and then get pissed when he isn't interested in their come ons. They've even turned and been judgey with me. I'm not as handsome and am older and too heavy. They give me a look like what's he doing with you. I just laugh it off and nothing much more happens. He doesn't pay much attention to any women anyway so it blows right over. I internalize the way I felt and am happy to get it off my chest here I guess. lol

by Anonymousreply 136June 14, 2022 3:17 AM

R135, what about Rock Hudson?

by Anonymousreply 137June 14, 2022 3:21 AM

R20 is a bitch as non paying frau troll. She lurks on this site and lectures gay men but expects all men to pay her way through life, drinks, dinner, etc...

by Anonymousreply 138June 14, 2022 4:28 AM

[quote] [R132] we want to hear about the situation that caused you to start doing that

Nothing. I don't flirt. I'm just handsome, in good shape, and charming. Yeah, and a bit of a celeb in my field. I attract women like flies.

by Anonymousreply 139June 14, 2022 4:35 AM

R24

Are you attractive though? OP stated his attractive masc gay friend...

by Anonymousreply 140June 14, 2022 4:41 AM

They probably think “what a waste” because they’re really attracted to them.

by Anonymousreply 141June 14, 2022 7:35 AM

This just sounds like a gross generalization. I have never had a straight woman rage at me for being a gay man who presents as hetero. I had no idea this was even happening.

by Anonymousreply 142June 14, 2022 9:24 AM

R142, you’re a lucky man.

by Anonymousreply 143June 14, 2022 9:48 AM

[quote]This just sounds like a gross generalization. I have never had a straight woman rage at me for being a gay man who presents as hetero. I had no idea this was even happening.

You're not getting it Mary. It's not just about masc it's about being [bold]attractive to women[/bold].

by Anonymousreply 144June 14, 2022 10:16 AM

[quote]You're not getting it Mary. It's not just about masc it's about being attractive to women.

Like you have ever had a problem with anybody finding you attractive. Nobody is sweating a fat whore in a caftan.

by Anonymousreply 145June 14, 2022 10:26 AM

[quote]Like you have ever had a problem with anybody finding you attractive. Nobody is sweating a fat whore in a caftan.

No, you're the one who's revealed himself as unattractive. I never stop getting female attention.

[quote]being a gay man who presents as hetero

Yeah, right. Your post is SO hetero.

by Anonymousreply 146June 14, 2022 10:30 AM

MY GAYS

by Anonymousreply 147June 14, 2022 10:31 AM

[quote]I never stop getting female attention.

From fag hags. They want makeup tips.

by Anonymousreply 148June 14, 2022 10:33 AM

For whatever reason, R137, DL does not generally speak of Rock.

by Anonymousreply 149June 14, 2022 11:14 AM

Sorry fags, there is no such thing as a masculine gay man. Some may be less effeminate, but they're still fems spending too much time at the gym and paying too much for teeth whitening.

by Anonymousreply 150June 14, 2022 11:21 AM

R150= Matt Damon

by Anonymousreply 151June 14, 2022 11:22 AM

R151 = Jimmy Kimmel

by Anonymousreply 152June 14, 2022 11:28 AM

R152 = Andy Dick

by Anonymousreply 153June 14, 2022 11:29 AM

R153 Kevin Spacey

by Anonymousreply 154June 14, 2022 11:36 AM

r154 that kid from rent

by Anonymousreply 155June 14, 2022 11:41 AM

It's all about straight fraus and what they want. They make the world, we just live in it.

by Anonymousreply 156June 14, 2022 11:43 AM

This behavior has been going on for decades, and it's gotten worse over time. 20 years ago, there were not a lot of fem gay stereotypes in the media. Maybe a handful but they were seen as clown jester not typical of a gay man. Straight woman back then seemed to be more open minded about gay men. They took them more at face value. Now with more than 10 years of RuPaul's Drag Race, Queer Eye, Billy Porter, David Bromstad on HGTV, and many others, they have grown to think that is how all gay men are. When they meet one who dose not fit that mold it confuses them.

It's very easy to put flamboyant gay men in to a box. A gal pal, girlfriend, court jester, "My Gays" in non sexual companionship. But a gay man who is outwardly masculine reminds them of their boyfriends or husbands who they have sex with. They see them as sexual objects to be manipulated. But it pisses them of when there sexual innuendos fall of deaf ears or the men dont throw down their coat for them to walk on. Their feminine wiles have no power over them.

by Anonymousreply 157June 14, 2022 12:19 PM

Hell hath no fury

by Anonymousreply 158June 14, 2022 12:22 PM

R157- Court Jester- like that stock faggot character on GIRLS

Elijah

by Anonymousreply 159June 14, 2022 12:38 PM

Lordy this is a sick thread. The OP is a successful troller.

by Anonymousreply 160June 14, 2022 12:53 PM

R160 hates that no one here want to do her makeup and lap up her cunt juice

by Anonymousreply 161June 14, 2022 1:11 PM

R160 the thread is getting responses because it’s a real thing that happens to gay men by women. Just because we’re not worshiping everything with a pair of cis tits doesn’t make it trolling.

by Anonymousreply 162June 14, 2022 1:14 PM

it's clearly never happened to him, R162

by Anonymousreply 163June 14, 2022 1:31 PM

R163 “he”’s probably got fuchsia hair and a big ol gut

by Anonymousreply 164June 14, 2022 2:37 PM

[quote]Why do women hate masc gays so much? I know an attractive gay man who often gets mistaken for being straight and when women find out they go ballistic, they become super hateful.

What planet are you posting from??

by Anonymousreply 165June 14, 2022 2:45 PM

OP is just a bitter bossy bottom who is pretending to be the butchiest butch who ever butched, so that he can complain about women more covertly. This thread reeks of envious hate.

by Anonymousreply 166June 14, 2022 3:12 PM

R166 ‘s pussy stinks

by Anonymousreply 167June 14, 2022 3:16 PM

R167 looks like I touched a nerve. We can all tell you are half frau. So bitchy and oh the DRAMA.

by Anonymousreply 168June 14, 2022 3:18 PM

R168 I can see the sneer on your ugly face now. You really think you’re amazing, so sad.

by Anonymousreply 169June 14, 2022 3:21 PM

[quote]You really think you’re amazing

R169 I don’t know about that, but I do think you are exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 170June 14, 2022 3:26 PM

R170 why are you wasting your time then? If you’re so above it.

by Anonymousreply 171June 14, 2022 3:27 PM

R170 because seeing you get all wound up is amusing and very telling. You are no butch.

by Anonymousreply 172June 14, 2022 3:31 PM

R172 being wound up is in the eye of the beholder.

by Anonymousreply 173June 14, 2022 3:38 PM

R172 WW yourself a few more times LOL

by Anonymousreply 174June 14, 2022 3:39 PM

R53 Ellen should have just transition....

by Anonymousreply 175June 14, 2022 3:47 PM

I've probably been hit on by more women than men in person, and I don't recall any of them turning mean and nasty on me upon finding out I'm gay. Maybe it's because I'm average and they weren't really that invested. Or maybe it's the way I tell them—I'm sure someone shouting "GET LOST, HAG! YOUR BEEF CURTAINS HAVE NO POWER OVER ME!" doesn't go over that well.

by Anonymousreply 176June 14, 2022 3:53 PM

R176 exactly, I was in a fraternity about 10 years ago and got hit on by women a lot

My best buddy always had to tell them I was gay, they were all cool with it

Sometimes I would get the "stop joking with me" response

I guess there's not a lot of openly gay, masculine, gym going dudebro types?

by Anonymousreply 177June 14, 2022 3:58 PM

R176 r177 exactly. My best friend since high school actually started out as a girl who had a crush on me who I rejected romantically. I am sure the occasional drunk homophobic female pops up, but OP’s bullshit claims of most women raging out on him are laughable just like his claims of being a hetero passing manly specimen.

by Anonymousreply 178June 14, 2022 4:14 PM

...because women are MOST of the vilest creatures alive in 2022.

by Anonymousreply 179June 14, 2022 4:28 PM

...because femUles are most of the vilest creatures alive in 2022!

by Anonymousreply 180June 14, 2022 4:30 PM

It recognize competition. Women know that masculine gay guys have no limits in bed and are big whores.

by Anonymousreply 181June 14, 2022 4:36 PM

[quote] Sorry fags, there is no such thing as a masculine gay man. Some may be less effeminate, but they're still fems spending too much time at the gym and paying too much for teeth whitening.

This poster is an ignorant cunt.

Sorry to state the obvious.

by Anonymousreply 182June 15, 2022 12:03 AM

I still have not come up with a good response when some woman say "what a waste". Not me, I am talking about when they say that in front of me about some hot gay guy in the office. They know I am gay, so it's kid of rude. They have no clue how insulting it is.

by Anonymousreply 183June 15, 2022 7:32 AM

R183 Say, “I feel the same way about your husband.”

by Anonymousreply 184June 15, 2022 8:36 AM

That's a good one R184, except usually the woman who say "what a waste" are single. They are on the hunt, that's why they are pissy about one less man they can target.

by Anonymousreply 185June 15, 2022 8:42 AM

Or if the husband is not attractive, it is no waste at all. Leave him to straights.

by Anonymousreply 186June 15, 2022 8:47 AM

Women with insecurities feel entitled to men they are attracted to and can't accept when a man is not interested in them even if it's due to sexuality. But they rarely turn mean, they just become cold and act like you're invisible.

by Anonymousreply 187June 15, 2022 8:48 AM

I'm non-binary asexual masc trans femme and women love me because I'm very special (I'm really a lesbian in desperate need of attention, shhh!)

by Anonymousreply 188June 15, 2022 9:06 AM

So, if you don't like it, practice being a big YASSSS Kween so they instantly get the message and this doesn't happen anymore. Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 189June 15, 2022 10:48 AM

R183- I thought that was something straight men say when they see a HOT woman and they find out she's a total Lesbian- What a WASTE!

by Anonymousreply 190June 15, 2022 12:12 PM

No, straight men say that she hasn't find a right man yet, R190.

by Anonymousreply 191June 15, 2022 12:17 PM

R191- When I see a straight guy with a beautiful ass I say- What a WASTE!

by Anonymousreply 192June 15, 2022 12:19 PM

[quote]Women with insecurities feel entitled to men they are attracted to and can't accept when a man is not interested in them.

I will take that a step farther. By saying it's a waste, they also imply that a gay relationship is not really as real or valid as a straight one. Only straight relationships matter if you really tear down what they mean.

Oh they will give lip service to how special gay relationships are, but deep down they don't see them as important or on the same level as theirs.

by Anonymousreply 193June 16, 2022 11:16 AM

R193 It's called heterosexism. A word I sometimes prefer to homophobia in certain contexts.

by Anonymousreply 194June 16, 2022 11:33 PM

R140, if you're actually asking? (And I know no one will believe me)

I was movie star handsome in my 20s.

Now? In my early 40s? I get by well enough. No complaints in the looks department.

by Anonymousreply 195June 17, 2022 1:12 AM

Sorry R195, vanity is never attractive, and neither were you.

by Anonymousreply 196June 17, 2022 9:26 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197June 17, 2022 10:17 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198June 17, 2022 10:17 AM

The best quote from R198s video:

Us lesbians are like the “at night” version with straight men at all times

by Anonymousreply 199June 19, 2022 4:51 AM

ALL males are under attack now. Not just gays:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200June 20, 2022 11:33 AM

R200 women really think they’re smarter and know what everyone should do with their lives. They’re such pleasure killers.

by Anonymousreply 201June 20, 2022 12:38 PM

Oh come on: fem gay men hate masc gay men much more than women do. Look how many people lose their absolute shit at the phrase 'masc for masc' on a dating profile. Look how quick they are to assert that masc gay men are internally homophobic (because if they embraced their true selves, they'd be fems). Look how quick they are to reach for the black drag queens/transwomen who threw the first bricks at Stonewall and supposedly gave us all our rights.

I once made the mistake of posting in a gay group in FB that I found drag cringey. Oh boy. Wall to wall butthurt.

by Anonymousreply 202June 20, 2022 12:47 PM

Hey, Concerned, long time no see. I don't think fem men hate masc gay men, they are just very sensitive about people judging their lack of masculinity and get defensive sometimes. That is my opinion, although I am a mainstream guy, neither fem nor hypermasc.

by Anonymousreply 203June 20, 2022 12:56 PM

[QUOTE] that I found drag cringey

I find this phrase cringey. And incomprehensible.

by Anonymousreply 204June 20, 2022 1:01 PM

Hi R203 (pick a username so I know who you are!)

Well, maybe 'hate' is too strong a word. But like I said, a lot of butthurt on those FB groups about guys who put a preference for masc guys in their dating profiles. And surely you must have noticed that there's this underlying assumption that fem guys are the 'real' gays while masc guys are still semi-closeted or are in denial in some way.

Have you ever encountered the guy who suddenly becomes a lot more feminine in his mannerisms right after coming out? I wonder if a lot of these guys adopted fem personas when young because they felt they had to, because they thought that's what a gay man was, and now feel angry that other gay men haven't done the same thing.

I should say for the avoidance of doubt that fem guys and masc guys both have their value and people should be what they want to be, but I don't think there's any place for one-upmanship about who the real gays are.

by Anonymousreply 205June 20, 2022 1:01 PM

R204 if you elaborate on what you don't understand I'll do my best to explain it.

by Anonymousreply 206June 20, 2022 1:02 PM

[quote] Have you ever encountered the guy who suddenly becomes a lot more feminine in his mannerisms right after coming out? I wonder if a lot of these guys adopted fem personas when young because they felt they had to, because they thought that's what a gay man was, and now feel angry that other gay men haven't done the same thing.

10000000000%

My friends and I have noted that too

by Anonymousreply 207June 20, 2022 1:04 PM

A lot of fem guys are very offended by the term STRAIGH ACTING. I never use that phrase to describe myself but it does not offend me. Normal guy seeks other normal guy- that I read as offensive.

by Anonymousreply 208June 20, 2022 1:12 PM

Concerned, we talked last winter on thread about Novak Đoković and AO. I am the Croatian guy that was fighting the war with Novak bashers. Not because I am his fan, but a question of principles.

About being masc or fem, people might find me more masc appearing because it is probably a defence mechanism, growing up in homophobic Balkans. But I think I am mainstream guy though, not trying to play macho. Although you should see many guys here, big and buff like most of our guys are, short haircut and beard, stern look, but when they are in company of other gays and particularly fag hags, purses start falling out of their mouths.

by Anonymousreply 209June 20, 2022 1:15 PM

R209. Ah! I know the Balkans a little: in fact I'm just back from a trip to North Macedonia.

Fun fact, on a different trip to Albania I remember being called over to a group of men chatting in a cafe once, they were curious about me and we tried to communicate in broken Italian and Spanish. Some of the conversation was about which women were hot and which were not hot (in other words the group was ostensibly heterosexual). As we chatted though this one guy, who seemed the dominant personality in the group, started grabbing my knee, almost as if to emphasise his points. I'm pretty sure he wasn't trying to come on to me, but of course it felt really weird, because in my culture physical touch, especially between men, is often looked on with suspicion. I found it interesting that more homophobic cultures nevertheless were less uptight about some things, like friendly physical contact.

Anyway, I do think that Judith Butler was right that all gender is a kind of performance, no matter what gender or sexuality you are, and no matter whether you are trying to conform to gender norms, or to transgress them. As someone who never really felt he fitted into gay culture in my early 20s, I'm glad that there's more of a range of visible and socially 'permissible' forms of gender expression for young gay guys now.

by Anonymousreply 210June 20, 2022 1:24 PM

As a straight women I can offer up that I have honestly never heard or witnessed any hate at all for masculine gay men. So this is some subset of women that I don’t believe at all represents a majority of us by any stretch of the imagination.

by Anonymousreply 211June 20, 2022 1:37 PM

R120 Sometimes it seems to me that the more homophobic the society, the more of closeted homosexuality is going around.

I don't know much about Albania, but in Croatia, which is a catholic country, I can only imagine how many homophobic men from the most conservative parts of the country as well as Catholic Bosnians had close encounters with the priests as youths. Not to mention that the Church, the biggest instigator of homophobia is filled with homosexuals.

Luckily, as I come from a family with the communist background I wasn't allowed near the Church.

I understand what you mean about not fitting into so called gay culture. I was never very much into fashion, design and divas. Nor have i been promiscuous (not that there is something wrong with being promiscuous). I have noticed that you are not the Yass queen type either.

by Anonymousreply 212June 20, 2022 6:24 PM

I want to make every man femme as possible and then bitch about the shortage of tops.

by Anonymousreply 213June 20, 2022 8:04 PM

[quote]Oh come on: fem gay men hate masc gay men much more than women do.

Oh for fucks sake, this is just as stupid as saying average women hate using makeup because they get bitchy about seeing super models all over the cover of magazines and TV ads. They are jealous and tired of being compared to the unobtainable. Guess what, gay fem men get that way too being compared to hyper masculine men. Something they cant ever be. But trust me, when the doors are closed and they are alone, their porn is full of hyper masculine looking dudes.

by Anonymousreply 214June 20, 2022 8:14 PM

[quote]I understand what you mean about not fitting into so called gay culture.

Except for a small subset who live off of each episode of RuPaul's drag race, I think the vast majority of gay men in America are not like they used to be with that. 30 years ago, it was kind of a thing to fit in. Sort of act like the group and pick up all the nomenclature and phrases was common. Now a days I see a lot of younger gay men who just seem to have dropped that idea an be more of themselves. Just like most don't go to gay bars anymore. Gay culture like that is dying out as acceptance has become more the norm.

However, if you watch the news media, or even just entertainment, they still are drunk on exaggeration and always seem to pick the most flamboyant one they can find in a group. Especially if they are musical artists.

by Anonymousreply 215June 20, 2022 8:24 PM

R214 well that's quite true but have you noticed how many hateful words people have on forums like this for porn stars? People often hate and resent what they want but can't have.

by Anonymousreply 216June 20, 2022 11:05 PM

Hot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217June 22, 2022 2:46 PM

All the new age queens want to makeover every masculine guy into a femme Zara wearing flamer that worships Dua Lipa, then bitch about the lack of masc tops.

by Anonymousreply 218June 22, 2022 3:51 PM

R218 It's funny because many of the masc tops like fem twinks and don't try to change them.

by Anonymousreply 219June 23, 2022 5:26 PM

R219 very true. Why would I want to change what I love? I dont want another masc top!

by Anonymousreply 220June 23, 2022 9:39 PM

r199

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221June 26, 2022 11:59 AM

"Lordy this is a sick thread. The OP is a successful troller."

Not really. They had to bump up this thread because they're having a very difficult time tonight.

by Anonymousreply 222June 26, 2022 12:01 PM

I do n’t think women hate masculine gay men, but they’re irked by the fact they can’t control them. Masculine gay men won’t be their pet which confuses them

by Anonymousreply 223June 26, 2022 12:06 PM

I think these women who hate on masculine gay men when they find out they are actually gay are only angry because they realized their manipulation tactics were for nothing and these men can't be used as donkeys like straight men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224June 26, 2022 12:52 PM

I'm a masculine gay man. I've dated either other masculine gays or bisexual men who are masculine, i don't believe effeminate bi men exist. That said, women hate masculine gay men, specially if I'm dating a bisexual guy. I've never heard insults from gays, but I've had hot and harpy straight women tell to my face that I could never give him the pleasure a woman can. They are spiteful.

by Anonymousreply 225June 28, 2022 10:30 PM

Women see masculine gay men as competition because they know men are only one beer away from bi. Steer clear.

by Anonymousreply 226June 28, 2022 10:31 PM

No, men are not one beer away from being bi, the majority of men have no sexual interest in men, that assumption is the result of too many gay men obsessed with porn fantasies and extrapolating that to the real world. Women see young pretty women as competition though, and with good reason

I think it's interesting the poster up thread said there are no effeminate bi men. I suppose effeminacy is only restricted to gays then.

by Anonymousreply 227June 28, 2022 10:54 PM

[quote] because they know men are only one beer away from bi.

R226 I guess that means gay men are only one beer away from fucking a woman then. Interesting opinion you have.

by Anonymousreply 228June 28, 2022 10:58 PM

Incredible how women and effeminate men get defensive about this. How do you know that? You don't hang around male exclusive spaces. Most men have experiences with other men, wherever theres a concentration o men, army, sports, music.

You can cry a river, that won't change. The exponential number of bisexual men among gen Z is already indication that you're gonna be in even deeper paranoia soon enough. There are entire tags dedicated to mocking the lack of straight men on tiktok.

Get real frau, the chances are your man is sucking dick or getting pounded.

by Anonymousreply 229June 29, 2022 2:00 AM

My other half used to get hit on all the time by straight woman. Some right in front of me. The shit that comes out of their mouth is quite insulting. Saying things like "if you ever break up, just remember I am here". As if ugly co-worker frau. I wonder how they would like that if I talked that way to their husbands?

by Anonymousreply 230June 29, 2022 2:14 AM

R229 your internet fantasies don't make something true sweetie. But hey, if you want to think gay men are a drink away from fucking a woman, and that gay is just a matter of choice, have at it homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 231June 29, 2022 3:03 AM

R229 btw, cool emoji! You're def super masc, I can tell.

by Anonymousreply 232June 29, 2022 3:07 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 233June 29, 2022 1:48 PM

Nowhere did I say gay men are a drink away from fucking women, but most men which is the reality I know and you clearly don't, are a drink away from hooking up with each other. Anyone that played sports long enough, anyone with a predominantly male group of friends know this. If you don't know this, you were either raised with women and isolated from men or you are a delusional frau trying to make sense of the reality you can't handle, and the bisexual revolution of Gen Z is not a fantasy, it's an actual study.

by Anonymousreply 234June 29, 2022 6:20 PM

R234 your statement, if true, goes both ways. If straight men are a drink away from hooking up with other men then gay men are a drink away from hooking up with women.

Your pansexual, uber woke, "don't label me" shit doesn't fly on a forum for men who are comfortable with being gay. It only works on insecure homophobes like yourself.

by Anonymousreply 235June 29, 2022 6:26 PM

r224 if you're masc, gay and non-white/fractional.. you're more likely to be feared especially in female dominated spaces or alone until they find out you're gay. Either way they've written a novel on who you are before you get a chance to share. Which usually attracts hags that lack tact and boundaries.

r235 Given how often gay men "party" -- you'd be delusional to think accidents don't happen with hags. It's common especially among the young. Or those willing to hookup with bi-m/f couple. .. you find a lot more of that with the post 40 rowd and methheads. Some might be too limp to fuck but there's a reason many cultures think men that excell in cunninglingus are gay. You find a lot of str8 women that are obsessed with the idea of a gay man seeing, touching or doing more with their vagina. It's a game to a lot of them. There's also sport fuckers - they tend to run a little on the narcissistic side with the need to be attractive to everyone in the room. Lesbians + prostitution.. the stereotype of lesbians uhaul dating often leaves one partner lacking resources, so it's frequent enough trope for lesbians to consider sex work of some sort with a greater number of men willing to pay. Also common among both young gay sand lesbians looking to escape their circumstances; runaways, those kicked out, etc. Those if you talk to femdoms, they willt ell you they get a lot of str8 women that want to be punished in a roleplay situation usually involving an authority figure or alpha female from their past. There's also a sex surrogates that are often the same sex as the client, at least to start, though the field is female majority, and guides them through unlocking mental, emotional or physical obstacles or blocks to having healthy sex.. Tho, you find it more common with recent debilitating cases, having to guide clients, often couples, through adaptive intercourse. Which may be hands on.

There's a wide array of circumstances that would allow it. And yes, men in general are one drink away from screwing a hole in the ground, fucking fruit or shoving it up their derriere. Or doing something else;... it's part of the legitimate reason of why people fear men and view them as more sexual than females. Women, of course, have their kinks too.. but many a lad think he's going to die of blueballs annd many more can be easily manipulated just before they cum.Women on the other hand take longer to get to orgasm and for some, it might take years to achieve one. . . more conditions have to be in place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236June 29, 2022 7:11 PM

R236🌡️

by Anonymousreply 237June 29, 2022 8:11 PM

[quote] your statement, if true, goes both ways. If straight men are a drink away from hooking up with other men then gay men are a drink away from hooking up with women

Incorrect. A similar situation would be women being a drink away from hooking up with other women, which I suspect could be true, since many people believe women are inherently bi, but I don't know because I don't have close friends that are women, I don't hang around women at all, besides the women in my family.

My friends are all males, gays, bis and some straights too. Most of the straights I'm close to have confided in me they had sex with men, though they still consider themselves straight.

I believe it makes sense that most people are bisexual and they hook up within their peer groups because they can easily relate to each other. You may not relate to straight men because you grew up alienated from men that bullied you and with women as allies, but any gay man like me, who didn't have to alienate themselves to survive will see things you don't see, and won't hear because they don't think you could relate to their experience and will never see you as a confidant of what goes on. Plus, if you serve in the military, if you take part in sports, etc, you know. It's impossible not to.

by Anonymousreply 238June 29, 2022 8:11 PM

Women should be taken out of the sexual equation and just get inseminated for pregnancy. They make everything so complicated. Men just like to cum, period. Women make everything into an investigation and deposition, but like it’s run by a schizophrenic. They’re exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 239June 29, 2022 8:20 PM

[quote] because they don't think you could relate to their experience and will never see you as a confidant of what goes on.

Awww, you really are special.

by Anonymousreply 240June 29, 2022 8:22 PM

[quote]many cultures think men that excell in cunninglingus are gay. You find a lot of str8 women that are obsessed with the idea of a gay man seeing, touching or doing more with their vagina

🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

That cant be true. I have never met a gay man that has gone there. I dont mean guys who are actually Bi or who used to date woman before men. I mean true all gay men. Gold Star Gays. Would never go there.

by Anonymousreply 241June 29, 2022 8:25 PM

[quote]I believe it makes sense that most people are bisexual

NOPE! It's quite the opposite. Think of it as an inverse bell curve. Most people gravitate to one side or the other. There's a reason it's LGBT and not BLGT. You don't see Bi Pride marches with hundreds of thousands of people. Heck, it's even rare that people identify as Bi in public settings. (Excluding celebs).

by Anonymousreply 242June 29, 2022 8:30 PM

You might have missed it, but most Gen Zs are bisexuals, it is the biggest new group within the LGBT umbrella and almost 20% of that whole demographic, so it is very reasonable to assume that within the next 15 years or so, most people will see themselves as bi. Everything in culture and behavior of younger generations points to that.

by Anonymousreply 243June 29, 2022 8:36 PM

[quote] Most of the straights I'm close to have confided in me they had sex with men, though they still consider themselves straight.

It doesn't matter what they consider themselves R238, that's how dense you are. MTF can consider themselves women too, and try to dictate to others they are actually women. It doesn't change the fact that they are men.

Your ego doesn't want to admit that these men aren't straight because then you wouldn't be special like you think and you can't convince yourself that you've attracted someone who is "straight". Straight men do the same thing when they pretend they scored a "lesbian" in bed. Simple ego and arrogance. Your arrogance is what's leaving you with your illogical and stupid position. If you had this argument face to face with someone, you'd be a laughingstock and called a loon. And you know it.

by Anonymousreply 244June 29, 2022 8:44 PM

It's not what you say, it's what you do. R244 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 245June 29, 2022 8:51 PM

R244, I think you need to read again what I said. I argued that they are most likely bisexual even though they still tell me they're straight. I didn't hook up with them, these are married friends who confided in me they had experiences with men, because they thought I wouldn't judge them. You are the dense one who can't fucking read.

by Anonymousreply 246June 29, 2022 8:58 PM

R246 you're an anonymous poster retard. Your posts sound like all the other morons in this thread who think the guys they are hooking up with (in their fantasies) are "straight".

by Anonymousreply 247June 29, 2022 9:08 PM

Hateful slags

by Anonymousreply 248July 16, 2022 8:22 PM

[quote]Just because we’re not worshiping everything with a pair of cis tits

Just "tits" works.

by Anonymousreply 249July 17, 2022 1:03 AM

Your arrogance, it is killing you!

by Anonymousreply 250July 17, 2022 1:22 AM

What is this misogynistic shit? Gay men would have no rights if it weren’t for the straight women who supported them for decades, by letting them do our hair, decorate our homes, and turn a blind eye to their sex stuff. They should be grateful to us. As my mother used to say, “I love a homosexual, as long as he’s fixing me a martini, doing my hair or sewing my drapes!”

by Anonymousreply 251August 23, 2022 5:51 PM

LMFA off R251. At first I thought that was real, unfortunately, sounds like a conversation I had with one of my sisters for real. She had no idea Palm Springs was so gay and kept asking me if there was some kind of event going on. Then proceeded to tell me how her hair dresser has a crush on her husband...who just turned 62!!!!

by Anonymousreply 252August 24, 2022 4:51 AM

Cause they won’t hag up with them.

by Anonymousreply 253September 24, 2022 5:18 PM

OP:

You have issues. Straight (and I assume lesbian) women do not dislike masculine gay men. They might be embarrassed if somehow they missed the signs. They might be angry if they felt led on, but these days, gay men usually aren't under any pressure to pretend they're straight. So what are you talking about? Do you know any women?

Are you the same person who thinks women are jumping at the chance to out gay men and who posted about it?

by Anonymousreply 254September 24, 2022 5:28 PM

R9

Or they may still be attracted, but he's unavailable, so what's the point? Women don't like it when straight men they don't fancy refuse to leave them alone. Human beings aren't all that different.

by Anonymousreply 255September 24, 2022 5:32 PM

R254 thanks for your black and white take. This absolutely happens as many in the thread have attested.

I can tell by how you write that you assume all gay men are Yassss Kweens. (“gay men usually aren't under any pressure to pretend they're straight”). The OP says that they out themselves and then the bitches get pissed. You obviously think gay men are all able to be their “true selves” aka shrill femmes. You don’t see any gay men as masculine. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 256September 24, 2022 5:45 PM

R256

Not true. You don't know a damn thing about me.

by Anonymousreply 257September 24, 2022 7:53 PM

From the Lindsey Graham thread:

we’re not talking about straight men right now, and most straight men aren’t constantly YassssKweeen’ing us and pretending to be our besties and allies. I know you think that women are infallible and that discussing any flaw will negate every bad deed committed by straight men in the entire course of human history, but straight women do indeed have a real homophobia problem that has never been fully addressed. Stereotyping gay men as flamboyant sidekicks is the same thing as us telling you to get barefoot and back in the kitchen to make sandwiches.

by Anonymousreply 258September 25, 2022 3:44 PM

Why is there no movement to empower gay men?

by Anonymousreply 259September 25, 2022 3:45 PM

R243 It didn't occur to you that this Gen Zers are identifying as bi cause they are very young. Kids are curious, want to try anything, are still a bit cobfused, want to follow the fashion and pansexual, fluid etc is so fashionable these days.

On the contrary to your expectation that everyone will be bisexual in 10 years, these bi gen Z kids would be adults and most of them straight and some gay in 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 260September 25, 2022 5:09 PM

R256- I prefer a black and white cookie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261September 25, 2022 5:24 PM

Penile Imperialism

(remember when they say trans, they mean agp and they believe all gay men are agp. It's hardly surprising from rad fems to queer studies, it's all filled to the brim with fraus)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262October 21, 2022 5:34 AM

Gotta laugh at the ones seething with hatred for anyone possessing a penis yet unable to comprehend that some of us care not one whit about them and their blood-weeping gashes.

by Anonymousreply 263October 21, 2022 4:26 PM

[QUOTE] I was a gay man who women found very attractive (more than the gays) and have had plenty of experiences of this.

Can someone explain or interpret this statement for me?

by Anonymousreply 264November 10, 2022 5:23 PM

No women hate masculine gays. Take your meds and fuck off, you boring cunt.

by Anonymousreply 265November 10, 2022 5:35 PM

^ loves the C word. Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 266November 10, 2022 5:37 PM

^ You grow up.

by Anonymousreply 267November 10, 2022 5:43 PM

Masculine men (straight or gay) are just men who actively suppress, or hide, their feminine traits.

by Anonymousreply 268November 10, 2022 6:56 PM

Many gay men secretly yearn to be fraus.

by Anonymousreply 269November 10, 2022 7:56 PM

Secretly?

by Anonymousreply 270November 11, 2022 2:38 AM

Masc 4 Fem

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271November 20, 2022 9:29 PM

This thread is wild

by Anonymousreply 272December 14, 2022 2:31 PM

in her mind she is so beautiful and unique and breathtaking that you could only be lying to reject her nicely

by Anonymousreply 273December 14, 2022 2:38 PM

Mind games by women are so weird. They really go off the rails with a gay man who doesn’t fit into their comfortable box & the stereotype they want us to be.

by Anonymousreply 274December 16, 2022 4:36 AM

Musclemen went out with Mickey Hargitay, for women.

by Anonymousreply 275December 16, 2022 4:40 AM

R275, what do you mean?

by Anonymousreply 276December 16, 2022 4:44 AM

Take it offline, R276.

by Anonymousreply 277December 16, 2022 4:52 AM

The bi guy thread has some interesting related feedback

by Anonymousreply 278December 26, 2022 10:16 PM

imagine saying "not all men" to a subject based on a woman's perspective of men...

by Anonymousreply 279December 26, 2022 10:29 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280December 26, 2022 10:30 PM

R280

Responding to these narratives by saying “not all women are like this” is extremely minimizing and problematic. The fact that “not all women are like this” does not change that women like this do exist. Masculine men’s experiences with them speak to the society we live in in which masculine gay men are seen as inferior in a lot of ways. To avoid addressing and listening to concerns made about how women treat masculine gay men in this society, and instead complaining of a perceived generalization, is unhelpful. It makes you a part of the problem.

Fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 281December 26, 2022 10:46 PM

They don’t necessarily OP- just in the mind of a click bait troll.

by Anonymousreply 282December 26, 2022 11:17 PM

r281

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283December 26, 2022 11:48 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284December 26, 2022 11:49 PM

[quote] Men’s liberationists always bring up ‘confronting their own feelings about men’ by which they mean homosexuality. Male homosexuality is an extension of the reactionary club (meaning both group and weapon). The growth of gay liberation carries contempt for women to the ultimate: total segregation. The desire of men to ‘explore their homosexuality’ really means encouraging the possibility of homosexuality as a reaction against feminist demands. This is the reason the movement for “gay rights” received much more support only after women’s liberation became a mass movement

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285December 26, 2022 11:51 PM

R285

Women’s liberationists always bring up ‘confronting their own feelings about women’ by which they mean lesbianism. Female homosexuality is an extension of the reactionary club (meaning both group and weapon). The growth of lesbian liberation carries contempt for men to the ultimate: total segregation. The desire of women to ‘explore their lesbianism’ really means encouraging the possibility of homosexuality as a reaction against patriarchal demands. This is the reason the movement for “lesbian rights” received much more support only after gay men’s rights became a mass movement.

Fixed it.

by Anonymousreply 286December 27, 2022 2:39 PM

Ha ha, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 287December 27, 2022 2:59 PM

[QUOTE] I was a gay man who women found very attractive (more than the gays) and have had plenty of experiences of this.

Can anyone unpack this bizarre sentence written by R3?

by Anonymousreply 288December 27, 2022 4:30 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 289April 16, 2023 1:00 PM

I find myself going off women. Not sexually, as I was never attracted to them, but with the rise of this whole 'gender critical' and anti trans stuff, I've been seeing more and more women make blatant misandrist comments against all men, then if any man dares to argue, they get screamed down with accusations of misogny.

I've got plenty of decent women in my life - both family and friends - and they're obviously excluded from this, but there's definitely a lot of anti male rhetoric (where they seem to blame us for everything) and I don't want any part of it.

by Anonymousreply 290April 16, 2023 1:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!