Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Queen Elizabeth Not Showing Up to Work

Continuation from the previous thread.

by Anonymousreply 564June 4, 2022 2:49 AM

Link to previous thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 14, 2022 9:25 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 14, 2022 9:31 PM

R593 Agree. At her age, it would be surprising if she wasn’t having a few episodes of mental confusion. The palace can’t state it outright because of her position as head of state. Any hint of less than fully functional brain processes would kick plans for a regency into high gear. She will be seen but only under very controlled circumstances. Imagine if she were heard on camera dropping a clanger like “I’ve just come from lunch with Winston…he and Mummy talked horse racing nonstop.” At her age and with her position, there is no end to the jarring comments she could make that would flash around the world in minutes.

by Anonymousreply 3May 14, 2022 9:32 PM

Some pics of QE2 at the horse show for those of you who, understandably, don't want to give traffic to the Daily Fail

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 14, 2022 9:38 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 14, 2022 9:38 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 14, 2022 9:38 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 14, 2022 9:39 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 14, 2022 9:39 PM

R601 I would agree with you, but it wasn’t only because she was alluring and patient with him, Kate’s family helped her land William. They were able to give him an automatic Hallmark Channel ready family, something I’m sure he had longed for his entire life. Say what you will about the Middletons but they are close and loving. Which is the same reason Harry spent a lot of time with the Yorks. Fergie and Andrew aren’t perfect but they managed to form a close loving family unit that has survived scandals and divorce. So William ended up marrying someone to give him the one thing he desired that money cannot buy. Harry decided to just find another child of a broken home, estranged from her family, and just start fresh with.

by Anonymousreply 9May 14, 2022 9:40 PM

“The Daily Fail”? Oh, how original 🙄

by Anonymousreply 10May 14, 2022 9:43 PM

My comment that Kate holds more sway with William than people realize isn't meant to imply she's evil. My point is that any girl from a middle-class background (and despite her parents' wealth, that's how she was seen by upper-crust circles) who managed to snag Prince William when they were 19 years old, hold onto him through thick and thin, withstand the disapproval of press, friends, and public, and now emerge one of the most popular royals, is a force to be reckoned with.

My guess is that Kate is a steel grip in a velvet glove. Anyone marrying into that family would do well to cultivate her.

by Anonymousreply 11May 14, 2022 9:48 PM

Is she running out of sick time? It's only May.

by Anonymousreply 12May 14, 2022 9:50 PM

You must be new here, R10.

by Anonymousreply 13May 14, 2022 9:50 PM

Is "work" asking the butler not to pour coffee on her crotch again?

by Anonymousreply 14May 14, 2022 10:11 PM

Andrew Morton's book says the Queen paid some of Wallis Windsor's bills in the last year of her life. (Maul.)

by Anonymousreply 15May 14, 2022 10:22 PM

To be fair, 'Daily Fail' is a term that's been used here for at least a decade and not just referring to the Royal news.

by Anonymousreply 16May 14, 2022 10:23 PM

[quote] Andrew Morton's book says the Queen paid some of Wallis Windsor's bills in the last year of her life

The Duchess of Windsor's estate was worth millions. Was Wallis just cash poor at the end?

by Anonymousreply 17May 14, 2022 10:24 PM

R17 She was almost blind and frail. Even if she had lots of cash, it would make sense that bills would slip through the cracks. I would imagine HM paid them so there wouldn't be a scandal.

by Anonymousreply 18May 14, 2022 10:29 PM

We saw her up and in evident good form (all things considered) so let me ask: what is the reason you'd suspect she has dementia? Or she's actively dying? What underpins your observation?

by Anonymousreply 19May 14, 2022 10:49 PM

[quote] Queen Elizabeth Not Showing Up to Work

Slacker.

Can we let her go?

We're looking to hire someone younger.

by Anonymousreply 20May 14, 2022 11:14 PM

She's got enough PTO per Xir (new hire. pronoun adjacent. I give Xi ten working days before Xey run home to Xer mother) in HR.

by Anonymousreply 21May 14, 2022 11:21 PM

We might be able to fire her for cause.

Someone spotted her malingering at a horse show this weekend, even though she called in sick earlier in the week.

Not only that, but from the looks of her in the photo, she might possibly even be drunk!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 14, 2022 11:25 PM

I mean if she gets to the point that she can't read her red boxes or even sign laws anymore, that would be one thing. If she just doesn't want to get dressed up to go to Parliament and read someone else's boring speech, she has more than earned the right to say, my son will do it.

All the British people out there, if you had to choose between going to a horse show or going to Parliament to read exactly what Boris Johnson told you to recite, which would you choose? She is 96, she probably wouldn't be able to attend both in the same week, she would have to choose. So she was probably like, I've done that shit a hundred times and I hate it or I can go to the horse show that I love. I'm 96, I like horses, so I'm going to choose the event I will actually get enjoyment out of.

by Anonymousreply 23May 14, 2022 11:29 PM

R23, I’m a Brit, not really a royalist, but not desperate to change a system that works.

In any case, I don’t know anyone here who really cares who reads the Queen’s speech. It’s a constitutional mechanism, and Charles did it perfectly well. The Queen has earned the right to do as much or as little as she wants for the rest of her days.

by Anonymousreply 24May 15, 2022 12:09 AM

Is the fat fuck dead yet?

by Anonymousreply 25May 15, 2022 12:19 AM

[quote]Any hint of less than fully functional brain processes would kick plans for a regency into high gear.

I think that the regency is already in play to a great extent. It would never be announced. She is the Monarch until her death.

by Anonymousreply 26May 15, 2022 12:32 AM

I hope she has at least a FEW heads chopped off before the end. Bring down the curtain with some zing.

by Anonymousreply 27May 15, 2022 12:51 AM

To be Prince of Wales is not a position; it is a predicament.

by Anonymousreply 28May 15, 2022 12:56 AM

I’m all for taking PTO and such but if she no longer has the strength to pull the cord opening the curtain on a plaque dedicating a new children’s hospital, factory or community centre that’s a completely different story. A note is going in her personnel file!

by Anonymousreply 29May 15, 2022 1:09 AM

[quote] I hope she has at least a FEW heads chopped off before the end. Bring down the curtain with some zing.

Starting with William and Kate!

by Anonymousreply 30May 15, 2022 1:14 AM

She has been well trained/coached to have resting smiling face.

by Anonymousreply 31May 15, 2022 1:20 AM

[quote] She has been well trained/coached to have resting smiling face.

I'd say it's quite the opposite.

I used to think that she was really mean, because she always had a stern look. No matter the occasion.

It's only recently that she dropped the mean face, and started looking kindly and grandmotherly.

Prior to this, I never even knew the woman could smile!

by Anonymousreply 32May 15, 2022 1:22 AM

[quote] She has been well trained/coached to have resting smiling face.

You're welcome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 15, 2022 1:23 AM

Man, in that pic at r22, she looks like she's gonna say, "We're running low on beer. Let's pick up some twelvers or a couple of cases."

And I love it.

quote] Sweet girls don't jump schools to chase after princess, only cold calculating women. I'm sure if you're in her friends group she's nice but social climbers are rarely the gentle flower you painted. She's calculating and shrewd. She knew how to wait like a spider through Williams bullshit to get the ring/power/money. She had the rank and motivation of a common royal mistress/whore but unlike ladies of the past, she wont he ring despite being common.

Seriously, why is this considered a bad thing? Now, instead if I read, say, "Kate held a gun to his head. William HAD to marry her", then I'd grant a bit of tsk, tsking.

I think Kate is one steely, resilient woman. So what if she persevered and won William? Nothing succeeds like excess er, excuse me, I mean success.

It almost makes up for her being a perfectly boring, and I write that as compliment.

by Anonymousreply 34May 15, 2022 1:35 AM

She's worked her ass off for the last 70 years straight.

She finally decides to lie down for an hour for the first time in her life and she gets ripped to shreds by the psycho sugars who I know will be celebrating on twitter the moment she dies so I will be mass reporting the idiots when the day comes.

And that includes KGT who is just as unhinged on twitter as she is on here.

by Anonymousreply 35May 15, 2022 1:47 AM

I had the interesting experience of working as assistant to one of the editors (yes, there are more than one) of the HQ release "Finding Freedom". I thought you guys - especially the Crown sympathizers, like r35 - might like to know that while the British Royal Family does occasionally come across rather poorly in the book, there were also definitely bits that, while verified to be true by numerous sources, were in the end kept from the finished draft. This was done mostly at the behest of one of our senior editors, who in addition to being quite old is also conservative.

For instance, it was left out that one of the main reasons Prince Harry and Meghan Markle left the U.K. is the noxious stench that fires from QEII's practically decomposing cunt. There is absolutely no way to remove it (the smell) from any room she's entered. This is one reason Miss Markle wanted to use air fresheners in St. George's Chapel at Windsor the day of her wedding. The Prince had warned Markle what it was like to live with this fetid, all-pervading stink but she had no idea it could be so bad. Ultimately, she felt it was best to raise her child away from the toxic reek, which court doctors still do not understand.

Anyway, ask me any questions if you like. My contract with the publisher's up.

by Anonymousreply 36May 15, 2022 1:56 AM

Elizabeth's life has been about duty since she was 10 years old and her idiot uncle abdicated. Let her skip the boring Parliament thing and go see the horses if she likes.

by Anonymousreply 37May 15, 2022 2:01 AM

R36 We know it is you Meghan. Kindly fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 38May 15, 2022 2:04 AM

Shshshshshshsh...

(Whispering) If we all just stay completely still for a few moments, r36 will go away.

Hopefully

by Anonymousreply 39May 15, 2022 2:05 AM

[quote]r37 Elizabeth's life has been about duty since she was 10 years old and her idiot uncle abdicated.

For which she and her spawn have been most HANDSOMELY rewarded. Really, no one would be interested in a word she says if she weren’t handed her job on a platter.

(Not to mention that the father of her children wouldn’t have looked at her twice.)

by Anonymousreply 40May 15, 2022 2:17 AM

The end of QE2's reign is happening now. Little by little, so when "London Bridge" does fall, it won't be a surprise. People will still ouch and admire her though. She's given her life to being Queen, and although I'm not British, I can imagine people around the world will have some degree of reflection when she dies.

by Anonymousreply 41May 15, 2022 2:35 AM

R38 Nah It's Omid Scobie. He's that nasty little queen in high school that nobody likes that treats everyone like shit in order to get the popular mean girl (Markle) that treats everyone like shit and whom nobody likes to notice him and make him her BFF.

by Anonymousreply 42May 15, 2022 2:55 AM

Tiara Troll, I enjoy your posts. Do you have any interest in orbs? I'm a little fascinated by the idea of something rich and precious not meant to be worn but to be held in the hand--useless, even cumbersome, and thus, to me, especially symbolic of power and privilege. I.e., "I don't need my hands to work; just to hold this ball of precious metals and jewels as if I'm holding the whole world."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43May 15, 2022 4:37 AM

and by "to work," I meant "to do work," not that the hands don't have to function at all.

by Anonymousreply 44May 15, 2022 4:38 AM

I wonder if her heart can withstand yet another scandal erupting amidst her crazy, sheltered brood (of bloodsuckers.)

by Anonymousreply 45May 15, 2022 5:35 AM

Does she have the right people around her? Is she OK?

by Anonymousreply 46May 15, 2022 5:36 AM

R32 Actually if you look at pictures early in her reign she smiled quite a lot and had a lovely smile, I suspect some man in a grey suit told her smiling made her look frivolous so she stopped it. Then she realised I’m old I’m still here and people like me I can smile again.

by Anonymousreply 47May 15, 2022 5:47 AM

Do you think she had an interview for another job that conflicted with the opening of Parliament? Rumor has it that she’s not happy at her current job and some bitch named Meghan keeps stealing her Lean Cuisine from the break room at lunch. I hear they are looking for a topless showgirl for the evening shift at Tits, Tassels, and Tea Bags…..

by Anonymousreply 48May 15, 2022 5:57 AM

Interview for another job??

Please, she’s not naturally qualified to do anything else, except maybe be a tea room hostess.

by Anonymousreply 49May 15, 2022 6:14 AM

Re the Middletons - I read that one of the reasons William got back with Kate is that he missed the Middletons so much. In the now censored Vanity Fair article, one of the things Kate had removed was that William is 'obsessed with Carol'. Michael was described as a fantastic, gentle person. The Middletons are very hands-on grandparents and take care of the children when the Cambs are away. Since they are thinking of buying a house in Berkshire to be near her parents, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't send George to boarding school. If they do, then all three of the Middleton children with be in the near vicinity.

by Anonymousreply 50May 15, 2022 7:54 AM

I wish the psycho Sussex Squad would stop saying Kate has ulterior motives and was stalking William for years. They're clearly projecting the traits of their so-called "Messiah" onto her due to being jealous and in denial in the same exact way Trump supporters project onto Biden. When we all know Trump is the one with cognitive issues and was a regular on Epstein's Island.

by Anonymousreply 51May 15, 2022 10:13 AM

Give poor old Betty a break. I bet she's got a couple hundred sick days accrued.

by Anonymousreply 52May 15, 2022 10:42 AM

[quote] Give poor old Betty a break. I bet she's got a couple hundred sick days accrued.

Is she saving them for retirement?

by Anonymousreply 53May 15, 2022 10:54 AM

Well apparently in Britain you can't just cash them in.

by Anonymousreply 54May 15, 2022 10:57 AM

The Tiara Troll posting the Bvlgari piece reminded me of the stories of Queen Mary buying up the jewels of her deposed royal cousins for a song.

I’m sure the public has never see a tiny percentage of what the BRF actually owns in terms of jewelry due to possible diplomatic issues. But, just to be a fly on that vault’s wall…

by Anonymousreply 55May 15, 2022 11:52 AM

They are trotting some of the jewelry out for Jubilee related exhibits. But yeah, viewing the Vault would be something.

by Anonymousreply 56May 15, 2022 12:34 PM

I think the last thing they should do is trot out some incredible jewellery. William was booed at a football match yesterday. The recent royal Caribbean tours have had some serious blunders. Harry and Meghan continue to push themselves into the spotlight. People are angry that Charles has reneged on his promise that Camilla would not be crowned queen.

by Anonymousreply 57May 15, 2022 1:14 PM

Angela Kelly is moving into Windsor Castle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 15, 2022 3:47 PM

If anyone has BritBox, here is an event you may want to watch live.

Most of the Queen's great grandchildren will be in a horse drawn carriage parade.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59May 15, 2022 3:51 PM

Wonderful about Mrs. Kelly moving in. She will be Harry's eyes and ears as far as protecting the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 60May 15, 2022 4:31 PM

Haha, the oh-so smug Sussexes must be livid with the fact that Angela Kelly is moving in to Windsor Castle. Now, what Meghan wants, Meghan will NEVER get!

by Anonymousreply 61May 15, 2022 5:27 PM

I love that the Queen's closest friend and confidant is the no nonsense Scouser daughter of a dock worker, Angela Kelly. If there is anyone that can look out for Her Majesty and protect her from grubby relatives and politicians, I think she can. She should be made a Dame.

by Anonymousreply 62May 15, 2022 5:34 PM

What the hell is Tom Cruise doing at the Royal Windsor Horse Show?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63May 15, 2022 6:15 PM

R63 All Queens go to the horse show.

by Anonymousreply 64May 15, 2022 6:19 PM

Adorable

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65May 15, 2022 6:37 PM

There was an episode in 'The Windsors' where Wills, Charles, and Camilla have to stay at the Middleton's for the weekend and it was really funny. Wills decides that he wants to work for Party Pieces and ditch becoming King, much to the dismay of Kate. The best line (this was pre HM's announcement of Camilla becoming Queen) was when Carol gets into a row w/ Camilla and tells her that she will be Princess Consort and Kate will be the next Queen which will make Carol The Queen Mother (title trolls, this is comedy - I know that is not the case). I hope they at least do a Jubilee special.

As someone who is not close to my family, sometimes it's hard to date someone who does have the amazing family when I don't. I am not H&M fans, but maybe Meghan's estrangement was more relatable to Harry.

by Anonymousreply 66May 15, 2022 6:45 PM

Brits - as I understand it, "middle class" in the UK is basically wealthy but non titles aristocrat. Even with millions, you are not considered Upper Class unless there is a family lineage. Is this correct? It's not like the US where middle class is what it sounds, upper middle class is lower millionaires and Upper Class maybe 10M+.

by Anonymousreply 67May 15, 2022 6:47 PM

R66 I think that explains it. William married Kate and the entire Middleton family to give him what he didn't have. Harry wanted to find another loner and start from scratch. Both were a result of their childhood.

by Anonymousreply 68May 15, 2022 6:50 PM

Tom"s Mission Impossible is premiering this week in London, and his involvement in the Jubbly was announced a month ago.

by Anonymousreply 69May 15, 2022 7:10 PM

R58 heh! I bet Meghan and Harry are delighted that Angela Kelley—who told them to fuck off when the demanded a tiara—are thrilled that the queen has chosen her to be her roomie in Windsor Castle.

Didn’t H/M request an statement there and turned down?

by Anonymousreply 70May 15, 2022 7:22 PM

That's a really sly response to Harry saying that he wants to ensure the Queen has the right people around her.

The Queen is making very sure of that.

by Anonymousreply 71May 15, 2022 7:30 PM

The Queen has arrived for the last night of the Royal Windsor Horse Show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72May 15, 2022 8:04 PM

The Queen is amused.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73May 15, 2022 8:06 PM

Helen Mirren playing Elizabeth I.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74May 15, 2022 8:09 PM

So who is keeping an eye on this Angela Kelley bitch?

I'd watch this cunt, if I were Charles.

She seems to be the type of grifter who will ingratiate herself to the Queen, while robbing her blind.

by Anonymousreply 75May 15, 2022 8:13 PM

R75 She's been the Queen's personal assistant and close confidante for 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 76May 15, 2022 8:16 PM

Big deal, R76.

It doesn't mean that she won't see an opportunity to take advantage of the Queen, especially if her mind starts deteriorating.

As the Queen's "confidante," she might decide to close her off from the rest of the family, and freeze them out.

It happens all the time in the real world.

I'd watch that bitch like a hawk.

Oh, and 20 years isn't THAT long.

by Anonymousreply 77May 15, 2022 8:19 PM

R65 I'm still pissed about that selling out minutes after it came out.

I have several silkstone Barbie and Ken dolls that only a few thousand copies of each were made.

I fucking hate scalpers.

by Anonymousreply 78May 15, 2022 8:19 PM

An emotional moment at the Royal Windsor Horse Show - The Queen watches her granddaughter Lady Louise pay tribute to Prince Philip while riding his carriage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79May 15, 2022 9:33 PM

The Queen's horses parade.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80May 15, 2022 9:34 PM

I'm tearing up now. I know...MARY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81May 15, 2022 9:36 PM

My gosh get a grip r81. It's just some horses for an old privileged woman. I swear, these people could sneeze and you royal ass lickers would fall to pieces in praise.

by Anonymousreply 82May 15, 2022 9:42 PM

R82 this is a site for gay men and we love royalty and animals. Fuck off back to Celebitchy.

by Anonymousreply 83May 15, 2022 9:44 PM

R79 That girl is going to get something special in the will, mark my words. I could see HM leaving her private equestrian assets to her. The racing stables and such.

by Anonymousreply 84May 15, 2022 9:51 PM

Three cheers for Her Maj and off she goes. I thought the great grandchildren were suppose to be in a carriage. I only saw Lady Louise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85May 15, 2022 9:52 PM

I do enjoy her sense of humor

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86May 15, 2022 9:53 PM

She should be mourning her deceased husband. Not smiling. Lazy cunt.

by Anonymousreply 87May 15, 2022 9:54 PM

I love her.

She's looking more and more like George Washington. Not that it means anything.

by Anonymousreply 88May 15, 2022 9:55 PM

No video?

by Anonymousreply 89May 15, 2022 9:56 PM

R87 - Philip died over a year ago, asshole. It's time for her to enjoy her Jubilee.

by Anonymousreply 90May 15, 2022 9:57 PM

This week on "Benefits Britain - Life on the Dole", Brenda in Windsor is shirking her requirements to keep her dole payment.

by Anonymousreply 91May 15, 2022 9:59 PM

I, for one, am glad she didn't turn into Queen Victoria, the perpetual "Scottish Widow." And, from what is known about Prince Phillip he wouldn't have wanted her to.

by Anonymousreply 92May 15, 2022 10:00 PM

Does Lady Louise have any other skills besides carriage driving?

by Anonymousreply 93May 15, 2022 10:00 PM

That shrug

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94May 15, 2022 10:01 PM

She's 18 years old, R93. Does she need any right now?

by Anonymousreply 95May 15, 2022 10:03 PM

r92 before COVID she shipped him off to one of her palaces away from her most days of the week. They put them together during COVID but I still wonder how much time they spent together. I think their marriage grew cold eons ago. Sure, she may miss him in the abstract, hence the tears, but I'm sure she was also prepared for him to go. He was 10,000 years old when he died.

by Anonymousreply 96May 15, 2022 10:05 PM

No r93, that's about it and she's going to run that into the ground. Her great skills is playing the job of the hired help. They don't make princesses like they used to.

by Anonymousreply 97May 15, 2022 10:07 PM

I'm so pleased the Queen was able to go to this. She'd have loved the horses and she looks so well.

by Anonymousreply 98May 15, 2022 10:13 PM

Lady Louise is a blood princess and the granddaughter of a queen. She doesn't really need any skills at all, so good on her for pursuing the horse thing.

by Anonymousreply 99May 15, 2022 10:26 PM

If you look at the video on the Daily Maul she alights from the car under her own steam and you can see even the mounted guards are grinning with pleasure at the sight of her. She really showed them tonight.

by Anonymousreply 100May 15, 2022 10:26 PM

R96, the idea that The Queen ever shipped Prince Phillip off anywhere is both hilarious and a sign that you know absolutely nothing about the Royal Family.

The Queen is the The Queen, but Phillip was the head of the family.

by Anonymousreply 101May 15, 2022 10:27 PM

I loved the pic of the two white ponies and their riders bowing their heads as they paraded past her. *misty*

by Anonymousreply 102May 15, 2022 11:00 PM

What? No Royal Canadian Mounted Police Musical Ride at the Jubilee celebrations? I'm sorry, but those other horse troops from Oman are amateurs in comparison. At least the RCMP were there to open the door of the Bentley for her!

by Anonymousreply 103May 15, 2022 11:04 PM

I’m curious, R82 - why are you here?

by Anonymousreply 104May 15, 2022 11:06 PM

R82 is the obese Meghan Markle fangirl.

by Anonymousreply 105May 15, 2022 11:08 PM

She thinks weakly savaging others makes Sparkles look better.

by Anonymousreply 106May 15, 2022 11:10 PM

I got misty-eyed seeing photos of The Queen attending the celebrations today,

by Anonymousreply 107May 15, 2022 11:12 PM

What about me though?

by Anonymousreply 108May 15, 2022 11:30 PM

The Queen is OK.

by Anonymousreply 109May 15, 2022 11:37 PM

The Queen looks fine and spry at the the horse show. All you drama queens have low IQ and nothing interesting to talk about, apparently .

by Anonymousreply 110May 15, 2022 11:40 PM

The comedian Omid Djalili thanked the Queen for showing up at Windsor rather than Parliament and she waved 'my privilege'. lol

by Anonymousreply 111May 15, 2022 11:54 PM

r101 fine, the Phillip decided to spend most of his time away from his wife, sleeping in Sandringham Wood Farm cottage rather than spend his time with his beloved wife. His long-term mistress also lived near there so very convenient and kept him away from more prying eyes. I assume they had the setup that Charles expected to have with Diana. Play husband when the wife comes around but remain in the country to enjoy his country pleasures and mistress, while the wife stays in the city. Meet up on weekends in Windsor.

It makes no sense for a couple still in the throws of love to intentionally spend so much time apart when they know one of them will kick the bucket soon enough. I don't deny some fondness but it's clear as day that wither Phillip was sent away or went away on his own accord, but whatever the reason he sure as shit didn't spend most nights under the same roof as his wife until COVID forced them back together.

And that's ok, but let's not kid ourselves. These people expect cheating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112May 15, 2022 11:56 PM

r104 I'm also here because the pop and circumstance is fun. But I don't take these people or their titles seriously. I see them as privileged cunts that could do a lot of things with their power and money but seem to do little at all. Also, the Queen is effectively on death watch so her moves have been interesting.

r104, I have no love for any of these royals because frankly I'm jealous as hell that they get this fun life while I'm working a 9-5 five days a week. I do wonder why were they so lucky, just like I wonder what I was lucky enough to be born in the west instead of some poor country. In exchange for their power and money they get ragged on by portions of the public. I'd happily switch places with even fugly Edward if given the chance, because they all have charmed lives. And oh my gosh, having staff to handle all of life's unpleasantries is a dream. Chefs, cleaners, drivers, palatial sized homes, a nice yearly allowance, and charity work at a superficial level (just show up to listen or attend a fancy dinner/lunch). It's a fucking dream.

So, I'm one part fascinated by them, one part appalled by the people that bow down to them as if they came from Mount Olympus, and another part laughing at the ridiculousness of it all. A woman attends a horse show, smiles, and DLers burst into tears. You can't make this shit up, it's hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 113May 16, 2022 12:06 AM

Pomp and circumstance.

by Anonymousreply 114May 16, 2022 12:17 AM

r113, good lord but you have a stunted view of things. The Royal family is greater than the sum of its parts. How sad that you seem to be rooted in anger and envy. Its your life to make whatever you want of it; I'd get on with your own life if I were you.

by Anonymousreply 115May 16, 2022 12:25 AM

R113 return to LSA to discuss the miracle that is Beyonce then.

by Anonymousreply 116May 16, 2022 12:46 AM

I've been a little harsh on your old bitches so here is a video that should warm your heart as the other royal houses prepare to celebrate Liz.

Scandinavian Airways

This Saturday, we got the privilege of flying the Norwegian company Hans Majestet Kongens Garde musikk og drilltropp (His Majesty the King's Guard music- and drill troupe) to London from Oslo as they are joining the Platinum jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117May 16, 2022 12:54 AM

r115 the institution of monarchy is important. But my goodness, Elizabeth's branch is insufferable and dull. But, I do like that messy queen Charles. What drama he causes. He also a pep in his step and seems to really like being royal and doing the job. He's also owns his cuntyness. Royal bed delivered wherever he sleeps, toothpaste placed on his brush, his weird eating habits, bringing organic food from his gardens to even his mother's house for his personal meals, DIANA!

Like I said, I don't look up to these people but I love their entertainment value. Charles is high camp.

The Queen is a cool enough chick with a sense of humor. I like that. But she's just another wealthy woman with a cool government job. No more, no less.

by Anonymousreply 118May 16, 2022 1:04 AM

Hairnets at dawn! R113, you should count yourself lucky you've pulled a permanent day shift. People like you seldom work full time, let alone days.

Oh, and it's pomp, not pop.

by Anonymousreply 119May 16, 2022 1:07 AM

Why are you so triggered r119? No matter what happens Liz is not going to replace your mother and the emotional abuse she must have inflicted on you to make you such a testy bitch.

Oh and see r114, I caught the error.

by Anonymousreply 120May 16, 2022 1:27 AM

r120, hon, you're drowning, get out of the pool now!

by Anonymousreply 121May 16, 2022 1:31 AM

[quote]The comedian Omid Djalili thanked the Queen for showing up at Windsor rather than Parliament and she waved 'my privilege'. lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122May 16, 2022 1:48 AM

Darling R120, I know only what you say when someone else cites you as they call you out. I've had you on block for ages. I understand your sensitivities about parents though, given the number of men who could be your father. But $20 is $20, as your mother would have said.

by Anonymousreply 123May 16, 2022 1:55 AM

She rather be around horses than boring lawmakers.

by Anonymousreply 124May 16, 2022 2:16 AM

R112 Yes, The Queen rewarded her dead husband’s former mistress by seating her beside her at the Windsor Horse Show, knowing that they would be the focus of every camera there.

Either Penny Knatchbull was never Philip’s mistress, or she was, and The Queen is a little more sophisticated than you (hardly surprising).

by Anonymousreply 125May 16, 2022 2:22 AM

I"m watching the gala, strapping young lads in uniform everywhere

by Anonymousreply 126May 16, 2022 2:28 AM

[quote] Lady Louise is a blood princess and the granddaughter of a queen

I have never heard of her, so I googled Lady Louise.

She seems sweet. The only grandchild to accompany the Queen to a church service for Prince Philip.

Born prematurely, delivered via Caesarian section, and suffers from esotropia (crossed eyes).

Louise is much more interesting than the other royals.

Naturally, she's the daughter of Sophie and Edward, the most down-to-earth of The Queen's children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127May 16, 2022 3:11 AM

Eighteen is not too young to have a productive life. She could be in university preparing for a career, she could be participating in charity work, she could be accomplished in music or ballet.

But carriage driving?

by Anonymousreply 128May 16, 2022 3:21 AM

Lady Louise has Dalida eyes. Dalida had work though.

by Anonymousreply 129May 16, 2022 3:24 AM

[quote] Lady Louise... Born prematurely, delivered via Caesarian section, and suffers from esotropia (crossed eyes).

She and Archie should hang out!

They can swap stories.

by Anonymousreply 130May 16, 2022 3:26 AM

R128 She’s in her final year of high school. What more were you expecting?

by Anonymousreply 131May 16, 2022 3:29 AM

Has Lady Louise ever given an interview?

by Anonymousreply 132May 16, 2022 3:37 AM

I understand she hasn’t used very many of her sick days. She must have banked thousands of days.

by Anonymousreply 133May 16, 2022 3:39 AM

Queen Elizabeth is really going to be sweating at her next bi-annual review with her supervisor!

by Anonymousreply 134May 16, 2022 3:43 AM

I swear if she wasn’t 96 I’d swear she got a facelift. She looks quite reenergized.

by Anonymousreply 135May 16, 2022 3:44 AM

[quote] The Queen rewarded her dead husband’s former mistress

[quote] His long-term mistress also lived near there

Penny Knatchbull was Prince Philip's first cousin once removed by marriage. Whether there was something going on besides Phil's penchant for the company of good-looking blonde aristos is the stuff of speculation, salacious gossip and future tell-all books.

But reality cautions that Phil was at a rather advanced age by the time he "went public" with Penny. He was no doubt at pains to successfully locate his dick, let alone put the little fucker to serviceable use.

by Anonymousreply 136May 16, 2022 3:45 AM

Louise's hair is horribly frizzy, but it's long, abundant, and naturally blonde. It (and she) would look amazing if she straightened it.

by Anonymousreply 137May 16, 2022 5:46 AM

Didn't Philip keave Lady Louise his carriages, buggies and ponies?

Also, her esotropia (crossed eyes) has been corrected but it took two surgeries several years apart.

by Anonymousreply 138May 16, 2022 5:50 AM

That inbreeding will always shine through.

by Anonymousreply 139May 16, 2022 6:03 AM

What do we think of the Queens outfit? This is a departure from her monochromatic outfits. It's very wealthy, elderly woman who lives in Pacific Heights or Carmel. It's different but I like it.

The Queen new portrait is kind of sad, beautiful and etherial. She is in the mist with those 2 white ponies, she's wearing a cloak that blends with the greenery so her white hair pops out with the horses white manes. It's like she's walking into the heavens with her horses. OK, MARY, I'm getting emotional.

by Anonymousreply 140May 16, 2022 6:11 AM

Well now that they've fixed her eyes, when will they start working on her teeth.

And she could stand to lose a few pounds too, unless she's planning to hang around the castle forever.

by Anonymousreply 141May 16, 2022 6:15 AM

Take a Xanax r149 before you give yourself the vapors and pass out. We’re not gonna pick your big ass up all week.

by Anonymousreply 142May 16, 2022 6:16 AM

The Firm prohibited the "banking" of PTO during the Thatcher administration.

"Use them or lose them", as the Iron Lady so firmly told H.M.!

by Anonymousreply 143May 16, 2022 6:18 AM

LONDON BRIDGE IS STILL STANDING STRONG!

by Anonymousreply 144May 16, 2022 6:18 AM

[quote]Take a Xanax [R149] before you give yourself the vapors and pass out. We’re not gonna pick your big ass up all week.

I have it on good authority that R149 will be some sort of hysterical overweight person.

by Anonymousreply 145May 16, 2022 6:20 AM

Just because carriage driving is the only thing you see Lady Louise doing doesn't mean she isn't doing loads of other things when you don't see her. I mean really?

My father was reasonably high profile within his niche and several times a year my brothers and I would get trotted out in our best duds to be shown off in our family's milieu. The rest of the time we were in school, hanging out with friends, sneaking drinks at parties, getting in trouble, making out with our crushes, playing sports, sleeping late, etc etc etc. Just like Lady Louise probably is. If you asked any of the audience who saw us a couple times a year on our best behaviour, doing what we do, they probably thought we didn't have anything else going on either. We did. Normal teens. I'm old now and no one gives a shit what I'm doing finally.

by Anonymousreply 146May 16, 2022 10:01 AM

Remember her grandson and his wife talking about being outside on that patio? It seems the reportage about that event was, well, a door, right? The door can be open. But the door can be closed. Open - mut, but with a SH. That's what happened to that earlier reportage. It was mut (opposite of up).

Nothing bad was said in the reep lies. I do wonder sometimes. Sorry if this is confusing, but if order of biz is mentioned bad things can happen.

by Anonymousreply 147May 16, 2022 11:03 AM

R147 have you been drinking?

by Anonymousreply 148May 16, 2022 11:09 AM

bot

by Anonymousreply 149May 16, 2022 11:34 AM

[quote]My father was reasonably high

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 150May 16, 2022 11:37 AM

Her Maj smiling nice to see. After several years of annus horribilis (looking at you Grim Reaper, Brexit, Covid, Andrew & Hazmat), nice she gets some happiness. After 70years on the job, she did not sign up for, but got foisted on her by a dumbass Nazi family member & his tranny wife, good for her. Money, jewels, blah, blah, blah. I often ask myself could I show up EVERYDAY for 70 years for a job I didn't want. I get she took a solemn vow. I took many a solemn vow morning after clutching my throne, the porcelain one, puking up last nights cocktails. Did I keep that vow? Umm, wait let me put down my cocktail. No, solemn vow or not I haven't kept a covenant with anything I haven't wanted to do. So, I'm raising a glass to her. Well done!!

by Anonymousreply 151May 16, 2022 12:25 PM

How do you know she "didn't want the job?" I think otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 152May 16, 2022 12:39 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153May 16, 2022 1:23 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154May 16, 2022 1:29 PM

r151 apparently she did want the job because she could have taking her self out of consideration, by begging Parliament, handing the crown to her very willing sister. Or, she could have let it fall on King Charles, not ideal, while the Queen Mother and Margaret ran the show till he was of age. Either way, she willingly took on the crown. Abdication, especially once Charles was grown was an option. God knows he wanted the promotion.

by Anonymousreply 155May 16, 2022 1:53 PM

Great question r152, we keep hearing this but has she ever hinted at not wanting to be Queen?

by Anonymousreply 156May 16, 2022 1:53 PM

An amazing woman who despite all the controversy around royalty in 2022 has been an incredible source of sensible constancy and decency for 70 years. And yes she has devoted her life to service, while being serviced by nearly an army, lol. But there’s purpose to that madness in my opinion. When done well (as she has) her legacy and purpose is as a symbol of an evolving govt that transitioned from autocracy to constitutional monarchy, which is a representative democracy in 2022. What nation has matched it? We’re skating on thin ice right now in the US. Our monuments are those symbolic statues in DC. All that said, if the next monarch cannot maintain the Queen’s standard, it could all fall apart. I think William and Kate may be up to it- Charles is a bit off, although he has been ahead of many with his successful self sustaining community development.

by Anonymousreply 157May 16, 2022 1:57 PM

No doubt The Queen Mother stage-mothered her daughter Elizabeth through the entire ascension, coronation, and early years of her reign. Probably wrote the whole "I Declare before you All" speech.

by Anonymousreply 158May 16, 2022 2:04 PM

Intetesting to view the package as a Tiaras and Toddlers episode.

by Anonymousreply 159May 16, 2022 2:15 PM

A video of the event last night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160May 16, 2022 2:19 PM

The Morton book, serialized in the loathsome Maul (yes, I have to read it) offered some new spin on the death of Diana and how Charles' team spun the response of the Queen's men (and by implication how wide of the mark Peter Morgan in writing The Queen.) Morton says the Queen (via her team) immediately agreed to the royal flight being sent to repatriate Diana's remains, to letting her lie in the Chapel Royal and understood early on it was almost impossible to hold the Spencers' original preference of a private funeral.

You hope it's true. But everybody has a book anymore and usually none of them agree, so with so many royal biographies I never know what to really believe.

by Anonymousreply 161May 16, 2022 2:28 PM

Fergie... sigh. Her emotional neediness just shines through every idiotic thing she says in public. I'm not quite sure how she raised those two reasonably put together daughters so well (they say. And while they might have been weapons grade vacationers and not really good for anything and reinventing the worst dress list time and again they do say they are pleasant, well mannered women.) Fergie's never going to be fixed. Whatever wounded her, wounded her badly.

by Anonymousreply 162May 16, 2022 2:30 PM

[quote] apparently she did want the job because she could have taking her self out of consideration, by begging Parliament, handing the crown to her very willing sister. Or, she could have let it fall on King Charles, not ideal, while the Queen Mother and Margaret ran the show till he was of age. Either way, she willingly took on the crown. Abdication, especially once Charles was grown was an option. God knows he wanted the promotion.

If she wanted to end the institution to which her family was committed and to cause the collapse of British society as she knew it, she could have done as you suggest. It can't be said that she "willingly" took the throne, she really had no choice that wouldn't have caused pain for people she loved, or worse. Also, abdication was never an option for her. I know others can't understand it, but there are still a few people in the world that are committed to vows they take even if it makes no sense to other people, like a spouse who is not happy in a marriage but refuses to divorce.

by Anonymousreply 163May 16, 2022 3:07 PM

The Queen and Philip were married for nearly 75 years. I know from my own parents, who have been married for more than 50, and my grandparents, who were married for over 60, that long-term couples have a deep affection which is coupled with daily (and to observers, hilarious) lashings of petty irritations. They are each other's soulmates and can't imagine life without the other, but JESUS CHRIST CAN YOU QUIT SLAMMING THE DOORS IT MAKES THE WHOLE HOUSE SHAKE.

I can see why very wealthy people with multiple houses would choose to spend a certain amount of time away from a long-term spouse even if the marriage were strong. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, and all that.

by Anonymousreply 164May 16, 2022 3:35 PM

^ Two friends of mine who'd been married for decades divorced, and soon afterwards the wife said something about the marriage having come to an end. I was confused why they had gotten divorced, and so I just asked her what had happened. She shrugged her shoulders and said, "He wouldn't pick his underwear up off of the bathroom floor. Finally, I had enough."

by Anonymousreply 165May 16, 2022 3:47 PM

Sitting throughout a 2-hour show with horses, drums, acting, music, fireworks, the anthem.. is very draining for someone her age. It’s an overload of the senses for any regular person, let alone a 96-year old.

She’ll be there at church, at Trooping the Colour, and a brief appearance at the very end of the finale.

All the other events will go on without her, I bet.

by Anonymousreply 166May 16, 2022 4:01 PM

At church = The Mass of Thanksgiving at Westminster Abbey

by Anonymousreply 167May 16, 2022 4:01 PM

Thanx R160 for posting that video. That looks like Prince Hassan of Jordan (brother of the late King Hussein and uncle of the present king) sitting in the wheelchair to QEII's right.

R166 The Old girl didn't looked "drained" at all. Alert, enthusiastic and very much in the moment. No doubt her minders are preserving her strength for the important public appearances, so that her subjects don't see her looking tired, addled and frail.

by Anonymousreply 168May 16, 2022 4:24 PM

The Service of Thanksgiving (mass is for Catholics, which the Queen, as head of the Church of England, isn't really inclined to do) will be held at St. Paul's Cathedral, as they always are.

by Anonymousreply 169May 16, 2022 4:27 PM

Imagine being wheeled out for festivities and knowing it's really your pre-funeral service.

by Anonymousreply 170May 16, 2022 4:30 PM

r163 the institution wouldn't have ended via her abdication at all. It survived her uncle's abdication, it would have survived if she stepped down as well. Hell, it would have survived if she caught the flew and died in 1960. This isn't the Japanese Imperial Family with an ever shrinking pool of heirs. There are hundreds of people in line for the throne. They sure as shit would have made sure it kept moving. Here sister would have LOVED to be Queen if they fixed this before Charles was born.

People talk about how impossible it would be to remove the monarchy in 2022. It would have been 10x as hard back in the 1950s or 1960s, when people were much more deferential to the crown and still remember life under the empire. If she would have stepped down the RF would have continued working and the Tories would make sure it all continued on as normal. You're just buying into that "Only I could save us" PR hype that the palace pushed because Elizabeth was such a smashing success as Queen.

by Anonymousreply 171May 16, 2022 4:52 PM

R148, I was trying to say the thread about Meghan and Harry was shut own for no reason I could see. But we're not allowed to say that or we get kicked off this site. It was dark and I couldn't find my glow in the dark pom poms, OK?

by Anonymousreply 172May 16, 2022 5:00 PM

At this point, Elizabeth II is literally and figuratively a Welfare Queen.

by Anonymousreply 173May 16, 2022 5:01 PM

R171 The abdication was traumatic for the institution, if she had followed suit, it would've ended the House of Windsor. Royalty wasn't incredibly popular post-WWII as the Empire crumbled and Labour introduced socialism. If she had just been like I don't want to do it, I can't see it continuing at that time.

by Anonymousreply 174May 16, 2022 5:19 PM

Anyone thinking the monarchy could have survived a second abdication shows an ignorance of history that should probably just be dismissed, but here goes.

First, the monarchy survived 1936 because there was an automatic heir with a young family to take it up. In 1952 the new king would have been a three year old. Who would have headed that regency? His living mother who just said no thanks? Her husband?

I can't guess what would have happened when but it would have meant disaster at one point or another. The Conservatives were in power at the time of the accession, led by Churchill, and there was no greater traditionalist than Churchill. The establishment would have moved heaven and earth to prevent an abdication. It would have threatened the order of things and opened the door to all kinds of questions that the order of things didn't want asked and created uncertainty. An establishment never wants uncertainty. The King is dead, long live the King is more than poetry. It's stability.

Plus, and probably most importantly, how many young men had given their lives for their country, out of duty, whatever their own wishes for their own lives, within the prior forty years in two great wars? And she's just to give it a pass because she prefers to breed horses?

It would have been a huge trauma for everything and everyone, a second abdication essentially out of selfishness, within a bit more than a dozen years. Had she abdicated, or tried to, if it didn't bring down the monarchy it would have weakened it, fatally. It wouldn't have been here now. It's not just a job you pass to the next runner up, however you see it.

by Anonymousreply 175May 16, 2022 5:34 PM

The fact that someone may not want the crown is a "trauma" for your nations explains why you all lost your superpower status. 20th century Brits sound like edgy teenager on a Tumblr post. Where is that "Keep Calm and Carry On" mentality?

Elizabeth would have been raked over the coals but after a year folks would have moved on and accepted whomever sat on the thrown, be it her son via regency or her sister if this happened before heirs were produced.

Other heads of state throughout Europe had already mastered the art of abdication without destroying their kingdoms. Your own government killed off a king. That said, she could have abdicated in the 80s (perfect time) or 90s (maybe not) or 2000s to give Charles a healthy reign. Love that she wanted to hang on till the end, which is tradition, but it's also a bit of an F-U to her son.

by Anonymousreply 176May 16, 2022 7:43 PM

There is nothing wrong with living out your entire life in your public role. What could possibly go wrong?

by Anonymousreply 177May 16, 2022 8:16 PM

Not sure why you’re being difficult, R168 — I was merely speculating as to why she’ll probably limit the number of events to attend in person.

by Anonymousreply 178May 16, 2022 9:33 PM

The Queen Reportedly Has A New Roommate At Windsor Castle and no it isn't a Corgi, it is a woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179May 16, 2022 9:42 PM

Old Liz is going lez in her final years. Her clothing should have given her away but she fooled me because I was distracted by that lesbian Princess Royal.

by Anonymousreply 180May 16, 2022 9:45 PM

I swear, sometimes you bitches…LOL. R180, it took a while but the true spirit of DL always finds a way to shine through. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 181May 16, 2022 10:20 PM

Fire the bitch.

Time for Charlotte to take over.

by Anonymousreply 182May 16, 2022 10:21 PM

Her Madge looked very well last night, slow to walk of course, but she's gained back a bit of the weight she'd lost in the past year, her face looked more like its old full self again and she appeared alert to everything going on around her.

That's not to say she's going to get up a run a marathon soon, but I think she's going to be with us for a while longer. In a reduced capacity, but still here.

by Anonymousreply 183May 16, 2022 10:44 PM

VADGE.

by Anonymousreply 184May 16, 2022 10:45 PM

My guess is she is being given shots of prednisone to get through her Jubillee. And after - she will be weaned off of it. But it helps with the pain, gives energy, and makes you very hungry.

by Anonymousreply 185May 16, 2022 10:59 PM

I wondered about that too r185. She looked great and her face looked like she gained some weight, but a few months ago she was gaunt looking. How much weight can a 96 year old put on in a few months? They all eat like birds. I suspect you’re correct and she’s on steroids. With what she was wearing, it’s difficult to see her actual weight.

That’s said, it’s commonly prescribed, and no reason for undue worry. She probably tried other means to relieve her pain and they didn’t work well.

by Anonymousreply 186May 16, 2022 11:25 PM

She’s tiny, so a small weight gain shows on her immediately.

by Anonymousreply 187May 16, 2022 11:35 PM

Yes, for the steroid shots, definitely. That's why she's looking so chipper and perky recently. Now, they just need to get her on some kind of exercise regimen, weights with a trainer 3 x a week, a one-hour walk every day, some light jogging if she's feeling up to it (I'd like to see her tied behind one of big, boxy SUVs she favors, trotting around the grounds for just a mile or 2, nothing harsh). And based on those photos from the last couple of days, they *really* need to get her into a tanning bed. They HAVE to have one stahed away somewhere in all those drafty old palaces.

by Anonymousreply 188May 16, 2022 11:36 PM

If Her Majesty was able attend one event filled with horse's asses, she should have attended the other one too.

by Anonymousreply 189May 17, 2022 12:36 AM

^ Royal perogative; in her free time she's still The Queen and can do what she wants, when she wants, how she wants

by Anonymousreply 190May 17, 2022 1:03 AM

Her new roommate is a hospice nurse.

by Anonymousreply 191May 17, 2022 1:04 AM

any way, its about time Charles and Camilla started pulling their own weight with things like the opening of parliament, time to take the training wheels off

by Anonymousreply 192May 17, 2022 1:04 AM

[quote] Her new roommate is a hospice nurse.

Her new roommate is a grifter and a thief.

by Anonymousreply 193May 17, 2022 1:05 AM

[quote]Her new roommate is a grifter and a thief.

bwhahaha, now emerald tiara for you Megs; ever!

by Anonymousreply 194May 17, 2022 1:06 AM

Her Maj is only gonna go to events where she has fun now. No more reading Boris Johnson's bullshit in Parliament.

by Anonymousreply 195May 17, 2022 1:51 AM

Lilibet is a deadbeat.

by Anonymousreply 196May 17, 2022 2:06 AM

I wonder how Megs will be spinning the tall tale of how close The Queen and Lilibet were after Her Maj passes away. Does the 95 year-old Queen hold babies? probably not. Will there be a photo op of the two of them in the next few weeks? I expect not if William is in the room, haha! No netflix camera crews will be allowed in Buck palace I expect. There will probably be an official photo of all the generations gathered around Her Maj; will Meghan be pushing Lilibet to a place of prominence beside The Queen? I gather that Megs will resort to any tactic to establish a semblance of closeness - her financial future depends on it.

by Anonymousreply 197May 17, 2022 2:16 AM

Give it a rest r197, this thread has been a nice break from non-stop Meghan and Harry talk.

by Anonymousreply 198May 17, 2022 4:00 AM

You can expect some spectacular fireworks from the Sussexes once TQ turns up her toes. The gloves will really come off. They have had to hold back because they know very well there would be a fearsome backlash from the public at the perceived pain they would cause the failing queen.

by Anonymousreply 199May 17, 2022 4:08 AM

R199 Yeah, they've proven they don't give a fuck about an ailing father.

by Anonymousreply 200May 17, 2022 4:14 AM

She's gained no weight. So much for the prednisone theory, doctors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201May 17, 2022 11:42 AM

Love her in that sunny yellow. Glad she is doing the things she wants & those she doesn't its a firm Nope, not well enough today.

When she goes we will see the death of a unicorn, for sure. Duty, honoring a commitment, love & devotion to a country, to a people when your dream was to live in the country raise horses & dogs. And she did it for 70YEARS. I doffmy hat & say, Well done & God Bless You, doubt I will see you kind of character again.

by Anonymousreply 202May 17, 2022 11:51 AM

She’s almost a gay male in her profound understanding of color

by Anonymousreply 203May 17, 2022 11:57 AM

R201. In Tina Brown’s new book, she says the queen’s fav royal outing (apart from horse events) is to open infrastructure projects—bridges, highways, train improvement. She fishes thru the invites to find them.

Wasn’t explanation why she loves them—just does. In fact she chose a bridge opening for her first engagement with Meghan—in Ireland, I think. I’m sure Meghan thought it was a lame debut duty, but TQ probably selected it because she was hoping M would love it as much as she did.

by Anonymousreply 204May 17, 2022 12:08 PM

The Queen opened the Elizabeth line on the London Underground today looking lovely in yellow. She’s got some life in her yet.

by Anonymousreply 205May 17, 2022 12:31 PM

r204 politicians love that stuff as well because it's all tangible deliverables for the people, something shiny and new for the community and nation. Unlike charity, you don't have to hear about some sob story or issue that's in the mist of being fixed. Infrastructure is the solution by the time the Queen gets an invite. Everyone is happy, no tears, and she gets to look at something new. Charity and schools are usually in some drab building, with drab (though hard working) citizens, causes that are probably buzz kills.

All of us would prefer the infrastructure over the human infrastructure that comes with charity work.

by Anonymousreply 206May 17, 2022 12:34 PM

R204

[quote] In fact she chose a bridge opening for her first engagement with Meghan—in Ireland, I think.

It was a visit to Cheshire to open the bridge.

by Anonymousreply 207May 17, 2022 1:43 PM

[quote] The Queen opened the Elizabeth line on the London Underground today looking lovely in yellow. She’s got some life in her yet.

I posted this in the "Queen Opens Elizabeth Line" thread but it seems appropriate here:

The Old Girl barely shuffles along, is not confident/comfortable using the stick that she carries to support her. Since Eddie Wessex has become her walker, I don't know why she doesn't give herself a break, make her mobility a tad easier by laying her hand on Eddie's arm and using him to support her, as she did with Prince Andrew at Phil's memorial service.

by Anonymousreply 208May 17, 2022 1:49 PM

Meghan said Philips's hospital stay and impending death was being used to muzzle her. I don't think the Sussex's give a flying fuck about TQ. If they're behaving now, it's only because they hope to be left some cash in the will.

by Anonymousreply 209May 17, 2022 2:37 PM

I don't see evidence of "behaving."

by Anonymousreply 210May 17, 2022 2:47 PM

I think she is getting use to the walking stick and trying things out. And, I totally get her geeking out over infrastructure. I'm one of those people who will go to dedications for such things or an open house for a new government building. I just really love to see a solution to an issue come to a conclusion.

by Anonymousreply 211May 17, 2022 3:54 PM

R208, elderly people lose their independence unnecessarily fast if they allow themselves to.

At the moment, she can still stand up and move aided only by a stick. If she begins taking someone’s arm, there is a good chance she will very soon be unable to walk on her own.

I suspect that’s one of the main reasons she avoids a wheelchair too. She is trying to preserve those physical abilities she still has.

by Anonymousreply 212May 17, 2022 7:51 PM

Agreed, R212. I'm glad certain posters aren't her substitute decision maker. And I would add this: if the mobility issues weren't here, she'd be at everything on her schedule. She intends to drop in harness.

by Anonymousreply 213May 17, 2022 8:22 PM

Your comment reminded me of the late DoE crashed into that young family with the newborn, R12. Sometimes, staying independent means being honest about your limitations and acting accordingly; once ego gets in the way, we get embarrassing episodes like the above.

If The Queen is still able to walk unaided, fine. If she needs assistance of any kind (even if it means Edward is used as a human crutch), so be it.

by Anonymousreply 214May 17, 2022 8:25 PM

Sorry, meant R212.

by Anonymousreply 215May 17, 2022 8:26 PM

R214, I think there is some difference between driving a Range Rover and walking with a stick.

What embarrassing episode? If she is able to walk unaided with the stick, even if very slowly, then she should not risk losing her mobility just to look a bit better in some people’s eyes by taking someone’s arm.

Last week, people on here were predicting her imminent death. This week, she’s our and about. At her age, infirmity and immobility will come soon enough. If she is still able to move independently, then she should be encouraged to do so.

by Anonymousreply 216May 17, 2022 8:35 PM

*out and about

by Anonymousreply 217May 17, 2022 8:36 PM

I agree, R216

Muscle atrophy develops insanely fast at that age. I think the time spent in near-lockdown at Windsor Castle didn't do her any good.

by Anonymousreply 218May 17, 2022 8:44 PM

[quote]Last week, people on here were predicting her imminent death.

Now, now, R216. You're forgetting incontinence and the steroids. Let's not exclude the findings of any of our resident medical experts. And if you want to go back, the broken heart without Philip. That was going to do her in in a matter of minutes. A year ago.

by Anonymousreply 219May 17, 2022 9:00 PM

Fire the bitch.

by Anonymousreply 220May 17, 2022 9:02 PM

Steroids really work miracles, and I’m sure that the queen has benefitted from them. That said, if she were at death’s door, they would not really be that much help. In fact (DL doctors, please correct me if I’m wrong), if someone is seriously ill, steroids might be contraindicated.

by Anonymousreply 221May 17, 2022 9:10 PM

R216: the “embarrassing episode” was the accident; should have made that more clear.

And, I agree that The Queen should remain as independent as she can but if she’s insisting on operating under her own steam due to ego and not just because she still physically can, that would be sad.

The death watch comments was confusing and macabre.

by Anonymousreply 222May 17, 2022 9:10 PM

Surely she has daily physical therapy and exercises to combat muscle atrophy, as well as to learn how to walk safely given her new and sudden limitations. That's tricky and important so that she doesn't injure herself.

by Anonymousreply 223May 17, 2022 9:13 PM

R223 I fear she doesn't: British aristocracy just "soldier on", they don't do physical therapy. Could be an outdated stereotype, but then again she is 96… let's hope I'm wrong.

by Anonymousreply 224May 17, 2022 9:16 PM

Wasn't she riding the tube today?

WERQ, Betty!

by Anonymousreply 225May 17, 2022 9:18 PM

I seem to remember her driving recently, but that could be several months ago, or several years ago. Time flies.

by Anonymousreply 226May 17, 2022 9:22 PM

She didn't ride the tube. Edward did that.

by Anonymousreply 227May 17, 2022 9:23 PM

Teamwork.

by Anonymousreply 228May 17, 2022 9:26 PM

[quote] In fact she chose a bridge opening for her first engagement

Butch Queen.

by Anonymousreply 229May 17, 2022 10:02 PM

She probably wasn't down the tube, and instead larked around the large stunning entry hall. Glad to hear Betty finally got her Oyster Card

by Anonymousreply 230May 17, 2022 10:04 PM

R224 She has always been known to have a keen interest in homeopathic medicine, just like Charles. I would imagine physical therapy would fit in with that sort of care.

by Anonymousreply 231May 17, 2022 11:24 PM

I love to hear that one of her favs. is infrastructure. Shades of her hubby. Prince Philip who had a special love for engineering & engineers was quoted as saying, "God created the earth, the engineers did everything else." I think he also had charities he supported for fledgling engineers.

by Anonymousreply 232May 18, 2022 1:21 AM

[Quote]I seem to remember her driving recently, but that could be several months ago, or several years ago. Time flies.

I do, too. I think it was in the fall - she was driving an Audi station wagon to take her Corgis for a walk. Also pictured in the fall, I believe, the Queen riding a pony accompanied by Andrew.

In just a few months.

by Anonymousreply 233May 18, 2022 1:58 AM

She had Covid, and took a fall that hurt her back.

In just a few months.

by Anonymousreply 234May 18, 2022 3:13 AM

Another fave is apparently Diana Ross, who DM now says will be performing at the closing Jubilee ceremony next month.

by Anonymousreply 235May 18, 2022 3:18 AM

Will she sing "Love is Here and Now You're Gone?"

by Anonymousreply 236May 18, 2022 4:33 AM

“Someday will be together” with a huge hologram of Philip’s dick

by Anonymousreply 237May 18, 2022 5:51 AM

Someday we’ll be together*

by Anonymousreply 238May 18, 2022 5:52 AM

Diana ROSS? at the festivities?!

LOL, acolytes!

by Anonymousreply 239May 18, 2022 6:35 AM

Maybe that braying gargoyle Dame Shirley Bassey. (Who once was really something and rode it a very long time.)

by Anonymousreply 240May 18, 2022 6:40 AM

I wonder if it's time for her to start dating again?

by Anonymousreply 241May 18, 2022 7:15 AM

TQ's pretty traditional but I don't know where she'd find a suitor older than her.

Do you think she could find a toyboy on Tinder? She's famous enough to be on Raya.

by Anonymousreply 242May 18, 2022 7:51 AM

She looked really lovely at the subway opening.

by Anonymousreply 243May 18, 2022 9:26 AM

An interesting note from the Telegraph's review of the new Morton book:

But her frugality did not extend to her mother who, subsidised by the Queen, merrily spent huge sums to fund her extravagant Edwardian way of life. Morton is interesting on this, pointing out the Queen’s sensitivity, not only to her mother’s tragically early widowhood but also to the psychological shock caused by their sudden reversal of roles....

The Queen herself has changed, thinks Morton. “After her mother’s death left her the undisputed matriarch of the family and with the knowledge of her increased popularity, she blossomed.” Without her mother’s insistence on doing things as they had always been done, she has also mellowed, allowing her own pragmatic judgement to come to the fore. Camilla, one of the main causes of earlier contention, has now not only been brought into public view and acceptance, but given Elizabeth’s imprimatur as future queen consort.

by Anonymousreply 244May 18, 2022 12:14 PM

I better not hear another nasty comment about Dame Shirley, looking at you R240. And I am looking sternly. Love, love, love that Dame!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245May 18, 2022 12:26 PM

Is Diana Ross going to be out on the balcony with the family, with everyone EXCEPT you know who, and who?

by Anonymousreply 246May 18, 2022 12:28 PM

Diana should sing I am Telling One I'm Not Going.

by Anonymousreply 247May 18, 2022 1:51 PM

G O L D F I N G A H !

by Anonymousreply 248May 18, 2022 2:41 PM

I adore Sir David Attenborough. He's a widower. He's also 96. Is it too much to hope these two kids get it on?

by Anonymousreply 249May 18, 2022 4:21 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250May 18, 2022 4:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251May 18, 2022 4:45 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252May 18, 2022 4:47 PM

Looks like a lovely day.

by Anonymousreply 253May 18, 2022 5:38 PM

[quote] I adore Sir David Attenborough. He's a widower. He's also 96. Is it too much to hope these two kids get it on?

He's already a "Sir."

Maybe he can marry Liz and work his way up to Duke.

by Anonymousreply 254May 18, 2022 8:32 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255May 18, 2022 8:45 PM

For a second I forgot Princess Alexandra was still with us. Got confused about why they’d refer to Prince Edward as “Alexandra” when his nickname was Dockyard Doris.

That’s a beautiful shade of coral on Kate and she outshone everyone there. Princess Alexandra came in second. Sophie was there. In that dress. So confusing because she still has a manageable figure and presentable face. So odd.

by Anonymousreply 256May 18, 2022 8:58 PM

Sophie used to be compared to Diana, with that dress is she attempting to invoke the QM?

by Anonymousreply 257May 18, 2022 9:02 PM

Sophie dresses to her station within the Royal hierarchy. She always immaculately presented physically, wears well tailored clothes, but doesn't dress to eclipse the Duchesses or the Monarch.

by Anonymousreply 258May 18, 2022 10:05 PM

It's not summer.

by Anonymousreply 259May 18, 2022 10:12 PM

She outranks Princess Alexandra and is a senior working royal; funny how The Queen’s cousin wasn’t worried about the non-existent pecking order that decides clothing choices.

Sophie has a very lazy attitude towards her dressing in public.

by Anonymousreply 260May 18, 2022 10:27 PM

Sophie is a cutie with a nice smile.

by Anonymousreply 261May 18, 2022 10:37 PM

Regardless, Princess Alexandra is considered to be a senior Royal adjacent and Sophie shows her the respect she is due.

by Anonymousreply 262May 18, 2022 11:14 PM

Alexandra was representing the Queen, so she assumes the Queen's rank in protocol. Just like at the Remembrance Sunday balcony.

by Anonymousreply 263May 18, 2022 11:29 PM

Apparently Elizabeth lost some of her PTO days as part of the settlement of an complaint/investigation filed by other unnamed member(s) of The Firm...

Her Majesty reportedly rolled her eyes while listening to a long description of Fibromyalgia symptoms

And she inadvertently wrote the word "Oriental" in response to a quiz in her mandatory "Diversity and Inclusion" training.

by Anonymousreply 264May 18, 2022 11:48 PM

No, that’s not how it works, R262. Sophie Wessex outranks Princess Alexandra. There’s no such thing as “senior royal adjacent”; you’re either a Senior Royal (tier, not age) or you’re not.

Sloppy Sophie and her sofa slipcover were ghastly; does she have a limited wardrobe? They get Civil List money: are they hoarding it for a rainy day? What?

by Anonymousreply 265May 19, 2022 12:36 AM

Sophie looks entirely appropriate for a spring garden party.

by Anonymousreply 266May 19, 2022 12:51 AM

I think Sophie has a tricky figure to dress. She has short legs and her middle section has gotten quite stout. She could do the body skimming Camilla-style outfits but she’s a bit young still. She can’t use Kate as her guide because…well…you know.

by Anonymousreply 267May 19, 2022 12:52 AM

Anybody who says that doing what Kate does is NOT labor and work is full of shit. (I know all the senior Royals do, too, but I'm reacting to her detractors who minimize what she does).

I write that as someone who's performed every job in the book, from cleaning toilets, to cleaning bars, to professional at a desk.

I'm sane, so I find monarchy to be inherently ridiculous, but knowing that only makes my respect even deeper when I observe what they do.

Plus, who am I to think I need to 2nd guess the citizens of the UK who haven't abolished it? Maybe someday they'll get around to doing it, but they haven't, much to my entertainment and respect.

Anyway, back to Kate.

The amount of emotional and mental energy it takes to greet, shake hands, make small and big talk, and most of all, LISTEN to a throng of people who you don't know, they don't you, but you have to be perfect in your demeanor and verbal interaction because, another part of your job is that they're nervous meeting you, and you want to put them at ease.

And, you better look pretty damn good doing it, too.

That's a fucking four letter word- WORK.

To quote Rupaul- You Bettah Work

by Anonymousreply 268May 19, 2022 12:56 AM

R268 Right on! It’s akin to a theatre performance every time she steps out in public.

by Anonymousreply 269May 19, 2022 1:01 AM

Hi Kate at R268 and R269!

Get off your lazy, bony ass and do some work, you loathsome cunt!!

by Anonymousreply 270May 19, 2022 2:06 AM

Publicly, Sophie does outrank Alexandra.

But, Queenie apparently changed the order of precedence for private gatherings, putting Anne and Alexandra BEFORE all the Royal wives....which actually seems fair since Anne and Alexandra are blood princesses and the rest are just fookin' grifter brides.

by Anonymousreply 271May 19, 2022 3:03 AM

R250 I think we should insist that US presidents must, from now on, wear morning suits for their inauguration and a tux for the state of the union, as long as they are men, if a woman wins she can wear what the female royals wear.

by Anonymousreply 272May 19, 2022 3:35 AM

It's "Gold-FING-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" with the jaw dropped as far down as possible.

by Anonymousreply 273May 19, 2022 4:20 AM

Another day of the pinch hitters out and about at the meet/greets. Frankly, I'd feel robbed at having to make do with the understudies when I came to see the star act.

Princess Alexandra always looked well-put together and regal. Sadly, she's on the slide as well. I think R271 may have erred in that I don't believe a couple of home counties chavs outrank Princesses of the blood either publicly or privately.

Though one does wonder how Katie, Sophie and the other ladies can walk on grass in those stillettos without sinking down and getting stuck.

by Anonymousreply 274May 19, 2022 4:47 AM

Sophie was dressed perfectly well for a garden party. It’s just that Kate looked extra nice in that coral outfit and that brought Sophie down. No big deal. There are times when Kate wears florals and they can be “meh” as well. Compared to a unique solid colored outfit, florals and p other prints just don’t pop as well in photos. The York sisters have that problem. Always wearing busy prints and florals when the only times they really looked good was when they wore solids.

by Anonymousreply 275May 19, 2022 8:14 AM

R268 Yes. The Queen in public life is essentially the star of a long-running soap opera. And when she appears in that role, she appears perfect. That's because just like any star, she's got to attend makeup, wardrobe and hair beforehand. It takes a lot of work to always look perfect.

by Anonymousreply 276May 19, 2022 8:19 AM

I noticed that Bea is looking the best she has ever looked lately. Clearly having a significantly better looking partner has caused her to up her game. She's lost all her excess weight and is dressing better, very likely due to Edo's influence.

Euge, on the other hand still hasn't shifted the baby weight and if she has another one before she does, she will have a massive amount of weight to lose afterward, and probably never will.

by Anonymousreply 277May 19, 2022 8:31 AM

We all have our problem areas but in their positions, the BRF can afford to get professional assessments on what suits their frames best.

Beatrice is looking so happy and, like R277 says, having a hotter partner gives a person an extra boost. Eugenie…she seems lovely. A few extra pounds is always fine but when you’re in the public eye, too much can get you pilloried (her mother can attest to that), especially is you refuse to dress to minimize and flatter.

by Anonymousreply 278May 19, 2022 9:18 AM

Much of her wealth was stolen from the Catholic Church by her ancestor Henry Vlll

by Anonymousreply 279May 19, 2022 9:34 AM

QE2 will outlive most of the people on this board. She survived COVID and so long as she stays away from Andrew should be able to avoid Monkey Pox.

She is looking good for 96.

by Anonymousreply 280May 19, 2022 9:58 AM

No, R279…that’s the Crown’s wealth. And the Crown’s wealth belongs to the state.

by Anonymousreply 281May 19, 2022 10:34 AM

Oh, and the Queen is not descended from Henry VIII. They share a common ancestor in Henry VII.

by Anonymousreply 282May 19, 2022 10:38 AM

I am really against the Prince Philip Penis Hologram being the towering centerpiece of the Queen’s Jubilee. I hope our ladyship handles this firmly and immediately shoots this down!

by Anonymousreply 283May 19, 2022 11:57 AM

Platinum Party line-up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284May 19, 2022 5:08 PM

R284 Does Lin-Manuel Miranda have to be involved in EVERYTHING? I have a feeling he will even pop up at the Grand Ole Opry’s 100th birthday in a few years.

by Anonymousreply 285May 19, 2022 5:11 PM

Like M. Streep, the run will eventually trail off.

by Anonymousreply 286May 19, 2022 5:34 PM

r285, Is it wrong that I'm more disturbed that all the names are off-center?

by Anonymousreply 287May 19, 2022 5:40 PM

Here's hoping Sir Elton rewrites the lyrics to "Candle in the Wind" to make into another drippingly sentimental anthem saluting "The PEOPLE'S Queen!"

by Anonymousreply 288May 19, 2022 6:15 PM

It's the MIDDLE of the fookin' night in the Eastern US. What time is the epic balcony struggle...er, uh, appearance?

by Anonymousreply 289May 19, 2022 6:18 PM

The Queen MAY attend the Chelsea Flower Show or she MAY NOT. Isn't there lots of walking at a flower show?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290May 19, 2022 6:20 PM

They still have all those gilded litters from the Eighteenth Century; she can be easily carried ANYPLACE she really feels like going, by four strapping, half-nude, Royal Guards. That's the way I see it.

by Anonymousreply 291May 19, 2022 6:23 PM

^ And as someone posted before our HM will be wearing the wig Liz Taylor wore in Cleopatra. That image keeps me laughing. Wish one of you talented folks would do a mashup of images & put HM's face on Liz Taylor in Cleopatra

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292May 19, 2022 6:54 PM

Here you go...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293May 20, 2022 12:35 AM

Wonderful, r293.

by Anonymousreply 294May 20, 2022 12:39 AM

R 293 I'm down on one knee, big solitaire diamond ring in hand..Marry Me..You Wild A*s MF...You even put in the doodah from the front Bea's hat & Charles. DL'er of all time, be mine or I shall die, surely, I will die!!

by Anonymousreply 295May 20, 2022 1:30 AM

Is that Bea's old fascinator? LOL!

by Anonymousreply 296May 20, 2022 2:01 AM

Is that Meagain in the background as a slave girl???? 293 wins DL for all time.

by Anonymousreply 297May 20, 2022 2:19 AM

Liz is going to remarry!

Then, announce she had her marriage to Phil annulled and so all those kids are bastards!

Then, she can start a NEW family!

Win/Win!!!

by Anonymousreply 298May 20, 2022 2:58 AM

R295, rise up. I accept your proposal. You shall wear Charles' paper Burger King crown.

by Anonymousreply 299May 20, 2022 3:34 AM

“Wins DL for all time!”

This…this is how rumors start.

by Anonymousreply 300May 20, 2022 9:59 AM

I hope you realize R293, I am a gay as F man, & not a Trans man. I have about 9-10" of sining meat. Hope this can work for us..I say we tie the knot at St.Paul's.

by Anonymousreply 301May 20, 2022 1:21 PM

I knew St. Paul, and he was no saint!

by Anonymousreply 302May 20, 2022 2:10 PM

Auction! I want one of the chairs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303May 22, 2022 12:16 PM

The Queen won't be taking the salute at the Trooping The Colour ceremony in June. Charles, William and Anne will do the honors. I guess it's too much standing for Her Majesty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304May 22, 2022 1:52 PM

She'll probably show up on the balcony for the RAF fighter jets salute, always a sight to behold.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305May 22, 2022 6:07 PM

Andrew to be COMPLETELY rehabilitated by the end of next week. Mummy wuuvvs him:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306May 22, 2022 6:31 PM

^This means, for sure, that he'll be inheriting a BUNDLE when she kicks.

by Anonymousreply 307May 22, 2022 6:42 PM

R57, that would be a small number of trouble makers. And Camilla's popularity in Britain has really grown. She's been a good support for Charles and the Queen obviously likes her.

by Anonymousreply 308May 22, 2022 7:27 PM

If the Queen wants to leave her personal fortune to her favorite son, that's her business. I just wish she'd quit trying to rehabilitate shitty Andrew in the public's gaze. WE DON'T WANT HIM.

by Anonymousreply 309May 22, 2022 7:47 PM

This exhausting Jubilee business will be the end of her.

by Anonymousreply 310May 22, 2022 8:43 PM

Why didn’t William help Kate up the stairs at the TH premier? What is with that guy, he acts so self-centered sometimes, even with his own wife.

by Anonymousreply 311May 22, 2022 9:06 PM

Charles and Camilla will be making a cameo on EastEnders to celebrate the Platinum Jubilee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312May 22, 2022 9:08 PM

R309 All of the money goes to the eldest son in British aristocracy; Diana and her sisters knew they had to marry well because their brother would get everything. Andrew might get some keepsakes but the money will be Charles'.

by Anonymousreply 313May 22, 2022 9:08 PM

R311, that was a trying day for them. I will say, I’ve never seen Kate so assertive; it was almost as if Williams wasn’t there.

R313, The Queen’s personal wealth isn’t entailed and Andrew could very well get the whole thing. Only the Duchies that generate funds for the Monarch and money provided by the State are automatically Charles’. There’s a reason everyone is said to be rushing to be close to The Queen. Last minute changes to her will could lead to embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 314May 22, 2022 9:13 PM

But, bequests from sovereign to sovereign are free from estate tax, so it is unlikely she is giving Andrew the whole shooting match. It's an estimated 250M pound fortune. With death duties at 40%, she'd be handing more than 100M pounds over to government. I won't argue she isn't going to secure him. That's not to say she won't tie up the money to make sure it is hard to waste. She may be too forgiving for our tastes but I don't think she's stupid.

by Anonymousreply 315May 22, 2022 9:20 PM

A trust fund of over 7 years is tax free, I would bet she set up trusts for Anne,Andrew and Eddy decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 316May 22, 2022 10:47 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317May 22, 2022 10:57 PM

Kate looked pissed that TC felt she needed assistance, while William laughed.

by Anonymousreply 318May 22, 2022 11:00 PM

Plus, the Queen by nature is quite frugal - put on another sweater, all that. She'll probably ensure he i OK, but not lavishly so.

by Anonymousreply 319May 22, 2022 11:06 PM

Kate's face looks quite aged in that photo. Maybe its the long hair. She needs to dial it back a bit. I do love the dress though. Not sure why she was upset Tom was helping her and only being polite. Was Will maybe laughing because Tom helped her and not him?

by Anonymousreply 320May 22, 2022 11:13 PM

Whatever you do, keep the long hair, Catherine! Better yet, grow it to the waist for beautiful updos

by Anonymousreply 321May 22, 2022 11:35 PM

R275, Kate Middleton is in excellent shape and always dresses to conceal any of her minimal figure flaws. Because her silhouette is always so carefully done, floral prints look fine on her. The York sisters have dumpy shapes and their silhouettes usually reflect that. Since florals don't flatter dumpy shapes, they should never wear floral patterns. I agree that Sophie's outfit was appropriate for the event, but she did look quite matronly. Most standing next to Kate would would be at a disadvantage. Any member of the RF would be wise to find a stylist who can help them discover how to dress to best advantage. Once the basic rules are in hand, they can use them to shop for all clothing.

by Anonymousreply 322May 23, 2022 1:46 AM

Her hair is away from her face, r320, so I don’t think that’s it. I think she needs to gain a few pounds. That said, I think her slender body looks fantastic in everything she wears publicly.

by Anonymousreply 323May 23, 2022 2:41 AM

r322, Sophie is eighteen years older than Kate though and beyond menopausal. She is in the matron zone now.

by Anonymousreply 324May 23, 2022 3:00 AM

R311 Kate held a small clutch in her right hand, so William couldn’t have helped her discreetly. After Tom Cruise took her hand and once she reached the top of the stairs, she switched her clutch to her left hand so Cruise couldn’t try that publicly seeking move again.

by Anonymousreply 325May 23, 2022 3:13 AM

Kate probably has better calves than Cruise, I don't think she needed his courtly gentleman bullshit to get up a few steps. She acted politely though. It seemed a bit like Trumpy being condescending to the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 326May 23, 2022 3:32 AM

R325 These will be her Diana and Travolta pictures. We will be seeing them for years. There is nothing the press loves more than Hollywood Royalty and real Royalty mingling.

by Anonymousreply 327May 23, 2022 3:42 AM

In general royal news… Prince William to appear on £5 coin to mark his 40th birthday It is the first time the Duke of Cambridge will feature alone on an official UK coin struck by the Royal Mint

by Anonymousreply 328May 23, 2022 4:31 AM

Lest we forget, Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman were invited to Diana's funeral. Inexplicably, so were Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks. Must have been Earl Spencer wanting an audience.

by Anonymousreply 329May 23, 2022 6:58 PM

That coin image doesn't look like him, and it gave him hair on top of his head. I think this is a weird idea, anyway. He's not even the next monarch but the next-but-one. Is this a commemorative coin or one for actual circulation?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330May 23, 2022 7:44 PM

Cruise and Kidman were in London for many weeks filming Eyes Wide Shut when Diana died, her family invited them to her funeral since they both were acquainted with Diana and were in town. Same with Spielberg, he was already in the UK filming something so he was invited. None of them flew in from LA or anything like that.

by Anonymousreply 331May 23, 2022 7:46 PM

The Queen was taken around the Chelsea Flower Show in this special vehicle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332May 23, 2022 7:59 PM

The Queen was in good spirits. The Wessexes, Bea & Edo attended as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333May 23, 2022 8:11 PM

It was really tacky to invite celebrities that had very little connection to Diana to the funeral.

And, even tackier for them to accept.

Though Diana would have loved it.

Hanks and Spielberg were filming Saving Private Ryan at the time, I think.

by Anonymousreply 334May 23, 2022 8:22 PM

Bea looks quite tired and needs a bit more makeup. But her figure is the best it's ever been after a baby. Who would have thought?

by Anonymousreply 335May 23, 2022 8:28 PM

The Queen looks the picture of health (for a woman her age.) Obviously her frailty is only about movement. Every time she shows up in public she puts paid to the diagnosticians of DL.

Sorry, Ratcheds.

by Anonymousreply 336May 23, 2022 10:13 PM

Yup. She's definitely never gonna die!!!

by Anonymousreply 337May 23, 2022 10:18 PM

I don't understand why whoever designed the coin gave William a Mona Lisa smile.

by Anonymousreply 338May 23, 2022 10:40 PM

^He looks a lot more like Daniel Craig. And that hair...

by Anonymousreply 339May 23, 2022 10:44 PM

That hair. What there is left of it.

by Anonymousreply 340May 23, 2022 10:59 PM

Bea could be up the duff again.

by Anonymousreply 341May 23, 2022 11:06 PM

Bea is 34 this summer. If she wants another child, she probably shouldn't waste much more time having it. After 35 is when the fertility problems start to multiply.

by Anonymousreply 342May 24, 2022 3:26 AM

R342 She has a rich husband. I bet she got a few eggs frozen.

by Anonymousreply 343May 24, 2022 3:31 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344May 24, 2022 3:36 AM

Breeders generally choose to have their sprogs close together so Bea and Eug will probably both get up duffed again soon.

by Anonymousreply 345May 24, 2022 7:39 AM

Great idea the Queenmobile. Everyone gets to see her, and she gets to see everyone. The Old Girl may be down, but she most certainnly is not out!

by Anonymousreply 346May 24, 2022 8:01 AM

I wonder how soon will the Yorks - the whole blasted pack of them- will run out of Granny's money? A year, maybe two...

by Anonymousreply 347May 24, 2022 8:30 AM

I don't get why anyone is pushing the York sisters as future royals. Really, it was a very bad thing that lazy arsed Harry gave up the army and was allowed to be "a royal". Huge mistake on the part of the Queen/Charles. Shrinkage to be more in line with other European houses is what is needed not more of them.

by Anonymousreply 348May 24, 2022 9:18 AM

“Lazy arsed” Harry (that served in combat) was “allowed” to give up the Army to be “a royal”…this is DataLounge, so I can be direct: are you really this thick or is this an act?

“What you don’t get”, R348, seems to be plenty and I’m wondering how many posters are going to ignore your glaring stupidity just to go along with the normal bullying.

by Anonymousreply 349May 24, 2022 11:06 AM

[quote] “Lazy arsed” Harry (that served in combat)

A combatant is most definitely not one who has a 24/7 guard to protect him. As Harry had.

by Anonymousreply 350May 24, 2022 11:15 AM

No one is really pushing the York girls in any seriousness any longer. They never really established a place. Their problem is the House of York, if you will, sees the future through the past - the second son and granchildren of the sovereing are important members of the royal family. They are not. The next sovereign doesn't see it that way. Charles has got his slimmed down monarchy. There would have been a minor place for Andrew if he'd kept his nose clean, as there is for Anne and Edward, but the girls were never on the cards. Fairly or unfaily, the wider family is now seen as hangers on. The York girls pissed away their opportunity to start doing work that might have saved their royal asses years ago... they spent their twenties on holidays and in clubs when they might have invented something substantial to make them harder to do away with. They didn't work hard at royal work they worked hard at holidays, without the automatic future roles that William and Harry had. Miscalculation all the way around.

by Anonymousreply 351May 24, 2022 11:55 AM

r349, He was a lazy arse. Max Hastings and others have reported how he wouldn't take orders and would go AWOL using royal duties as an excuse. He went to Afghanistan but he stayed on base protected by Ghurkas. When he got a new CO that insisted he toe the line he quit.

Any other soldier would have been kicked out after the "paki" and "vegas" incidents. He would never have been accepted for Sandhurst if it were on his own merit.

by Anonymousreply 352May 24, 2022 2:12 PM

[quote] They didn't work hard at royal work they worked hard at holidays,

It is a little difficult to work hard at royal work, when they were never given royal work to work at. As for them serving no purpose in the Royal Family, I don't think that is the case. As I've mentioned the RF is going to soon reach a point where they don't have enough working royals to do all the events they normally do. Bea and Eug are eager and willing, and blood princesses with handsome husbands. I don't think having part-time royals should be an issue, as long as they don't engage in embarrassing activities in their private life. Neither of them have had any kind of scandal like the ones their parents have had and they do seem to connect with the public well. They should engage them as back up royals that can go to the occasional small village, old folks home, etc... just pay them by the job.

by Anonymousreply 353May 24, 2022 2:51 PM

They could have chosen a cause, built a coalition, raised funds, created something. Who has better networks? Who is better positioned? They sent their variably fat asses on jollies and lost any good will they might have built.

by Anonymousreply 354May 24, 2022 2:55 PM

And made fools of themselves with their awful clothes.

by Anonymousreply 355May 24, 2022 2:59 PM

Parliament would like to have a word with you about your heartfelt wish that you "don't think part-time royals should be an issue." Upon Charles' ascension the BrF are not going to "do all the events they normally do," and instead will streamline and combine.

The dowdy sisters and their awful parents can continue to half heartedly drag themselves to a private charity or two, and network and schmooze the rest of tge time.

by Anonymousreply 356May 24, 2022 3:03 PM

[quote] Upon Charles' ascension the BrF are not going to "do all the events they normally do," and instead will streamline and combine.

That is what they plan on doing. But, will they follow through if the popularity of the RF suddenly drops because people aren't seeing them performing the duties they have come to expect?

by Anonymousreply 357May 24, 2022 3:14 PM

For a flower show, wouldn't it have been more appropriate to haul around Her Majesty in this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358May 24, 2022 4:05 PM

The Queen had lunch with the Amir Of Qatar at Windsor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359May 24, 2022 8:56 PM

Lol, the flat screen TV propped up in the background!

Does anyone have a list of least offensive/oppressive middle-eastern sultanates? Is Qatar as bad as UAE or Saudi Arabia, trapping poor immigrants for work and holding them in involuntary servitude under inhumane conditions until they die of exhaustion, dehydration, and hunger?

by Anonymousreply 360May 24, 2022 9:11 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361May 24, 2022 9:30 PM

I think Queenie is just doing the shit she WANTS to do and giving Charles all the shit jobs.

Queenie: "Hmmmmm....opening Parliament is a dreary chore. Let Charles do THAT! It'll make him feel useful for a change and not so broody and dull."

Equerry: "And, the horse race event and the Flower Show, Ma'am?"

Queenie: (perky) "Oh, YAAAAAS! I'll do THOSE!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 362May 24, 2022 9:34 PM

With her mobility she prefers the Order of the Walk In Shower.

by Anonymousreply 363May 24, 2022 9:35 PM

lol, r362 and so right.

by Anonymousreply 364May 24, 2022 9:52 PM

As she should, seriously. What alert nonagenarian could have withstood Boris Johnson's speech without uncomfortable shuffling or telling him to just shut up and get the fuck on with it! As he'd be using precious time that HM spinal cartilage just does not have.

by Anonymousreply 365May 24, 2022 10:31 PM

I’m guessing she has sight as well as mobility issues. When was the last time she gave a speech? Christmas 2021?

by Anonymousreply 366May 24, 2022 11:29 PM

R360, flat screen is used for virtual engagements

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367May 24, 2022 11:36 PM

Correct, R366.

Sight issues. Mobility issues. Arthritis issues. Memory issues.

At that age, you are a collective of issues.

by Anonymousreply 368May 25, 2022 11:58 AM

OK let's put the sight issues in perspective. She just showed up on her own two feet at the opening of the Elizabeth line in the last seven, without a white cane or a seeing eye dog.

by Anonymousreply 369May 25, 2022 12:03 PM

Is there an I'm guessing pool? Because I had two grannies so I'd like to go big on hard of hearing and a bit gassy.

by Anonymousreply 370May 25, 2022 12:05 PM

She has never had shits and giggles. She’s always been too busy reigning.

by Anonymousreply 371May 25, 2022 12:17 PM

R362 Charles is the least dull of the lot. He may be fussy, but he and Anne successful built their own lives while keeping up with royal duties. It’s the younger lot that seem dull or dead behind the eyes. For instance, William is constantly phoning it in. He constantly looks bored to tears at most events. Charles generation knew how to work.

by Anonymousreply 372May 25, 2022 2:42 PM

^ Charles has a valet to squeeze his toothpaste onto the toothbrush.

by Anonymousreply 373May 25, 2022 3:26 PM

The royal children born after Anne are ridiculously lazy and self-important.

Andrew…

Edward is coasting on what his father built because everything he’s tried his hand at solo, he’s failed and/or quit because effort is required. He and the wife are dependable but not exciting; they’re the royals they get stuck opening grocery stores. Like good, solid furniture: nothing fancy but good enough to fill in that awkward, dimly lit corner in the sitting room.

Kate is propping up William and his future at this point and it’s been glaringly obvious for a while. R372 hit the nail on the head; his demeanor is borderline insolent at times. He’s lucky to have a cute family and in-laws that are more enamored with his future than Lady Fermoy was with her progenies. Again, a woman will be expected bail out this freak-show at the expense of her sanity. Sending the idea of thoughts and prayers for Kate.

Harry wants what the BRF cannot/will not give him and that’s flexibility to live the jet set life and perform royal duties. How he thought he could shoe horn that into such a rigid system is beyond me but with patience, they could have worked something out. Patience truly is a virtue because he’s now viewed as more contemptible than the family pedo because he doesn’t know how to work a system he was born into. He’s dumb with a wife wilier than him that played the wrong hand. Over and over again. I blame Meg(h)an for us having to deal with the York girls at events. And, I LIKE the Sussexes. Sigh…

Beatrice was so desperate to get married to anyone, she married the guy that dumped his fiancée/baby mama for her. Weren’t there also whispers about his real estate deals and his money being funny? She’s Andrew and Fergie’s child, so “work” wasn’t something she was expected to follow through on. Most of her premarital adult existence was being a third wheel in Eugenie’s life and taking extended holidays. Basically, grifting off being a Princess of the blood while having no discerning charm, beauty or intelligence to masquerade the outright entitlement with which she’s been reared.

Eugenie…probably has the most work experience out of the lot. And, she took constant holidays during her “professional years”, so take that as you will. She and her hooch-slinging husband seem nice enough but they (like the Sussexes) like being royal/royal-adjacent but don’t want to be bothered with full-time work on behalf of The Crown.

THIS is what Charles will be working with as King. It almost makes you pity him but he’s capable of pitying himself for all of the UK, so there’s no need.

by Anonymousreply 374May 25, 2022 3:28 PM

Sadly she will be gone by fall, then the drooling moron with his whore will be king.

by Anonymousreply 375May 25, 2022 3:33 PM

When has William seemed bored or insolent? I've looked at photos of all his appearances, and he seems calm and dignified. He engages well with regular people.

by Anonymousreply 376May 25, 2022 4:46 PM

Recently, at the opening of Parliament William did look bored, but it's the only time I can think of.

by Anonymousreply 377May 25, 2022 4:54 PM

I thought he looked more solemn there. Having to accompany his father and sit on the other throne likely brought home his rapidly changing position. Within a few years, he'll be Prince of Wales.

by Anonymousreply 378May 25, 2022 4:57 PM

He has to look bored in Parliament. It's their job not to indicate a political preference. Claps and cheers might have been a problem.

by Anonymousreply 379May 25, 2022 4:57 PM

The York girls were left a massive trust fund by the Queen Mother, and will most likely inherit more from the Queen. They don’t need to work.

by Anonymousreply 380May 25, 2022 5:02 PM

^ I know, but never say that, R380. It triggers.

by Anonymousreply 381May 25, 2022 5:04 PM

[quote]Claps and cheers might have been a problem.

Would appearing engaged have been a problem, Etiquette Swami?

by Anonymousreply 382May 25, 2022 5:26 PM

[quote]Over and over again. I blame Meg(h)an for us having to deal with the York girls at events.

I blame Meghan for global warming and Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 383May 25, 2022 5:32 PM

And what does appearing engaged look like, body language genius?

by Anonymousreply 384May 25, 2022 5:38 PM

This tree is beautiful. I hope there's no freak storm to knock it down before the Jubilee celebrations in June.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385May 25, 2022 5:46 PM

Good Lord, r384, how do you get on life without knowing such basics?

by Anonymousreply 386May 25, 2022 6:01 PM

R380 An utter falsehood. It has been widely reported that the Queen Mother did not leave any trust funds or money to her great-grandchildren. She left her estate to het daughter and a few bequests to her staff. Read the official statement from the horse’s mouth below:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387May 25, 2022 6:32 PM

Pleeease don't let's start that whole argument again.

Whatever trusts were left for the Yorks by whom, it's really clear that both girls will never have to worry about money.

by Anonymousreply 388May 25, 2022 7:48 PM

[quote]Charles has a valet to squeeze his toothpaste onto the toothbrush.

That happened for only a short period years ago when Charles broke his arm and it was in a cast and a sling. Yet this silly story still circulates.

by Anonymousreply 389May 25, 2022 8:37 PM

^ Meant to add it is true that he has his own personal toilet seat that goes with him when he travels.

by Anonymousreply 390May 25, 2022 8:42 PM

We go through this every time, so I am saying it once. The Queen Mother's estate - like anyone's estate - is the value of what she owned at the time of her death. That went to the Queen to avoid tax. Any money she spent or gifted previously would not be included in the estate. It is irrelevant. It's been reported she took advantage of the estate duty exemption by making gifts seven years prior to her death. Even the lefty Guardian reported this. It is a common tax strategy for the wealthy. There is no requirement to disclose it. The Queen Mother was broke troll cannot abide this.

by Anonymousreply 391May 25, 2022 8:42 PM

R391 That is what I was going to say, anything she gave to others were done before her death so as to avoid death duties and public scrutiny. Then she left everything else to her daughter with bequests to various staff members.

by Anonymousreply 392May 25, 2022 8:45 PM

Didn't The Queen Mum die about $10 million in debt which Elizabeth had to settle?

But my understanding was that was because she was short in liquid assets but she was in fact quite wealthy due to her real estate, personal art and jewelry. You can't pay a bill with a tiara.

by Anonymousreply 393May 25, 2022 8:48 PM

R393 That is traditional for British aristocrats or just aristocrats in general. If you go back and look at many of the early wealthy American presidents like Washington and Jefferson, they were wealthy but cash poor.

by Anonymousreply 394May 25, 2022 8:51 PM

She died in overdraft, because she lived large and because her cash assets had been gifted to avoid death duties.

by Anonymousreply 395May 25, 2022 9:01 PM

You people keep on and the Queen's Trust Troll will rise from the depths like the Kraken. Just wait and see.

by Anonymousreply 396May 25, 2022 9:14 PM

I thought it was already here.

by Anonymousreply 397May 25, 2022 9:15 PM

I love that the QM was broke troll loves to roll out that official release when that release only says what it needs to say....the QM left her estate to her daughter, the queen with some a few bequests.

Trusts are created BEFORE you die.

by Anonymousreply 398May 25, 2022 11:55 PM

As for William looking bored at the opening of Parliament, I thought his face indicated shock with him realizing, "Oh, shit...I'm going to have to be the one doing this boring ass shit for the next 50 or 60 years!"

by Anonymousreply 399May 25, 2022 11:56 PM

R399 That is what I saw as well. Not boredom but just the gravity of his situation finally hitting him

by Anonymousreply 400May 26, 2022 12:01 AM

William hates his job. Charles has become less rigid over time, but he still comes across as an Edwardian relic.

Only two in the whole bunch it might be fun to be stuck with in a lift: Camilla and Fergie.

by Anonymousreply 401May 26, 2022 2:06 AM

There is no evidence that William hates his job.

by Anonymousreply 402May 26, 2022 2:39 AM

Her eyes look dilated to me. Cause?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403May 26, 2022 2:47 AM

Because she's facing direct light?

by Anonymousreply 404May 26, 2022 3:21 AM

I think we are seeing the secret sauce to a successful reign - being every good monarch is an even better consort. TQ was getting prime, grade A Philip "since she was a young girl" as she would say. Camilla was a tiger in the sack. Kate apparently has a lot of the Queen Mothers gifts in terms of propping up her man and creating a supportive family life.

by Anonymousreply 405May 26, 2022 3:21 AM

Is that her real hair and teeth?

by Anonymousreply 406May 26, 2022 5:44 AM

The Queen Mother was a devious sort.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407May 26, 2022 11:06 AM

I think William has embraced his job, based on his activity. He has grown into it and is adapting it. I think you see a man with a real sense of purpose.

by Anonymousreply 408May 26, 2022 11:49 AM

R408 Which is to head out every once in a while and shake hands with people you don't know. Sometimes through a cyclone fence.

by Anonymousreply 409May 26, 2022 12:46 PM

R404, In bright light, your pupils get smaller (constrict) to limit the amount of light that enters. In the dark, your pupils get bigger (dilate).

by Anonymousreply 410May 26, 2022 12:59 PM

The Queen is at Balmoral in Scotland.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411May 27, 2022 9:14 PM

She goes up there to bathe in the blood of Scotch Virgins.

Both of them.

by Anonymousreply 412May 28, 2022 3:24 AM

I gave you a W&W but I think you meant Scottish. Scotch is a delicious whiskey.

by Anonymousreply 413May 28, 2022 3:51 AM

[quote]Didn't The Queen Mum die about $10 million in debt which Elizabeth had to settle?

You make it sound like it'd have been a chore for the Queen to sort out that type of money. Do you know how minuscule an amount 10 million is to the Queen?

by Anonymousreply 414May 28, 2022 4:02 AM

If I were QEII, I would spend the rest of my remaining days in Scotland getting spanked, rimmed and bukakked by the entire cast of Vikings.

by Anonymousreply 415May 28, 2022 4:51 AM

The 2nd Jubilee balcony appearance will feature the Queen and her direct heirs ONLY (possibly wives & the other Cambridges children as well; depends on how petty the Queen feels on the day)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416May 28, 2022 3:29 PM

Oh oh, perennial loser Harry will be seething about this from his place next to Uncle Andy.

by Anonymousreply 417May 28, 2022 3:42 PM

So happy to see these billboards going up. They're really eye-catching. The Republic referendum can't come fast enough. Millennials and Gen XYZ are so utterly sick of the monarchy, it's going to sail through.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418May 28, 2022 3:45 PM

[quote]If I were QEII, I would spend the rest of my remaining days in Scotland getting spanked, rimmed and bukakked by the entire cast of Vikings.

That might work for you but it just doesn't sound like her.

by Anonymousreply 419May 28, 2022 4:47 PM

Funny that the York girls are supposed to be so loaded with great granny's money...yet they could not help Pa out with his large bill?

by Anonymousreply 420May 28, 2022 4:52 PM

R420 maybe she recognised that like her, and their mother, they would blow it all, so there are strings about how they can use it and whether or not they can touch the principal.

by Anonymousreply 421May 28, 2022 4:57 PM

It's not unusual to phase it... 25, 30, etc. William and his brother's inheritance from their mother came at various points as they matured or time passed.

by Anonymousreply 422May 28, 2022 5:24 PM

R401 I freaking love Charles’ “Edwardian relic” personality. He gives me exactly what I’d expect from an upper class Brit, though from the early James Bond era. He is holding on to the old classical Britain before this “Lads, Lads, Lads!” bullshit became the defining stereotype thanks to cheap flights that released your wildlings into the world.

Other posters, William looks bored or angry so many times. He puts on a face and can smile but I don’t think he really connects, and that’s alright. But I have seen him on camera looking like he’s going over his Amazon wishlist in his head, rather then being present in the moment.

I guess that’s the issues, he doesn’t always seem present, like he’s disassociating from the moment as a child would in a boring church service.

You never see that with Charles, Anne, or the Queen. Not sure about the afterthought know as Edward.

by Anonymousreply 423May 28, 2022 8:33 PM

UK here. I ‘m bored with the jubilee already. The whole of next week is going to be wall to wall coverage. She seems like a nice enough old lady, but it’s overkill.

by Anonymousreply 424May 28, 2022 8:52 PM

Don't worry. You won't be burdened by anything like this for the rest of your life.

by Anonymousreply 425May 28, 2022 10:26 PM

The coverage will be OTT but it will be a welcome break from the heartbreaking wall-to-wall coverage of Uvalde, Ukraine and Monkeypox. I need some fancy hats, historic jewels and bearskin hats!

by Anonymousreply 426May 28, 2022 11:39 PM

I don't see anger or boredom in William's expression. He's solemn on solemn occasions and cheerful on cheerful occasions. If he doesn't emote all over the place, that's not his job, is it? We get enough emoting from Harry.

by Anonymousreply 427May 29, 2022 1:19 AM

W mindlessly goes through the motions. How else could he have dressed up in that Gilbert & Sullivan outfit -- with a sword no less -- in the Caribbean?

by Anonymousreply 428May 29, 2022 4:57 AM

Are you aware that fine clothing is built for weather, polyester tshirt guy?

by Anonymousreply 429May 29, 2022 11:10 AM

Will people in the US be able to see any of these festivities?

by Anonymousreply 430May 29, 2022 11:42 AM

I took one of my mom’s friends out to lunch yesterday. 94, looks great, sharp as a tack. Needed to hold my arm while walking but otherwise few mobility issues.

Made me think of the queen, who seems to be in similar shape. Old age ain’t what it used to be. If you can get to your 80s without any major physical issues, seems like 80s and 90s aren’t terribly bad. Just slow down a lot. Also important to keep mentally engaged. My mom’s friend worked as a museum docent until the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 431May 29, 2022 11:55 AM

R430 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee Central Weekend will be covered in the U.K. by television channels BBC One and ITV One, and their respective online streaming websites BBC iPlayer and the ITV Hub.

The events can be watched from the U.S. and elsewhere abroad with the help of a VPN (virtual private network), which allows users to surf the internet anonymously.

Also check YouTube which will be chock-a-block with live streamed Jubilee events.

Link to complete schedule of events. The Daily Mail has a complete events schedule as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432May 29, 2022 11:56 AM

Knock yerselves out!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433May 29, 2022 12:27 PM

R430, this might help.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434May 29, 2022 2:11 PM

If you do not have a VPN or do not wish to figure out how to use it, the Trooping The Colour, flypast, and parade will be covered on Sky News which is available in several different places free of charge in the US. They are providing live coverage of most everything except the horse race and the concert.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435May 29, 2022 2:21 PM

The Queen gets excited - at a horse race.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436May 29, 2022 2:35 PM

The Queen is pacing herself. No Epsom Derby for her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437May 29, 2022 2:37 PM

[quote] If you can get to your 80s without any major physical issues, seems like 80s and 90s aren’t terribly bad.

Early 90s, anyway. A lot of people seem to make it to 92 or 93, but I think all bets are off after that.

by Anonymousreply 438May 29, 2022 6:06 PM

Probably just gossip, but maybe this Jubilee is mending some bridges

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439May 29, 2022 8:13 PM

What sort of extravagant lifestyle did the Queen Mother live, beyond just the normal trappings of the Royal Family?

by Anonymousreply 440May 29, 2022 8:16 PM

She was always said to be wildly overdrawn on her account at Coutts.

I believe she kept large staffs ungainfully employed at her various homes.

by Anonymousreply 441May 29, 2022 8:22 PM

She gave frequent extravagant luncheons and dinners with with with caviar, expensive wines, champagnes, aperitifs, etc. A diarist, Kenneth Rose maybe, described the opulence of her table spreads. I think I recall reading that she bought quite a bit of art, also.

Imagine if they had QVC or HSN back in her day.

by Anonymousreply 442May 29, 2022 8:29 PM

Sorry about the triple "with ." Where did that come from?

by Anonymousreply 443May 29, 2022 8:31 PM

[quote] Imagine if they had QVC or HSN back in her day.

They did! She lived until 2002.

by Anonymousreply 444May 29, 2022 9:33 PM

Her idea of tat was acquiring diamonds once owned by a baron or just an OBE.

by Anonymousreply 445May 29, 2022 9:48 PM

That's one of my gripes about The Crown....they mostly portray the Queen Mum as a boring old frump who just watches telly and drinks. She's only had one episode where they gave her much to do (in Season One).

Maybe they'll give her a fun episode in the next go round.

Anne also got screwed when it comes to coverage. They didn't even cover her attempted kidnapping!

by Anonymousreply 446May 29, 2022 10:13 PM

I mean, what else did the QM really get up to?

by Anonymousreply 447May 29, 2022 10:29 PM

She doesn't necessarily need any huge plots but they could throw her a bone here and there with some scenes showing her being a spendthrift and her out of control mostly homosexual staff.

Or, make her a subtle villain. Which she kinda was.

by Anonymousreply 448May 29, 2022 10:42 PM

R439 Bullshit. William would only give Harry the time of day if Harry needed help pulling a Katie Holmes on SMeg. Otherwise, I think he's pretty over his idiot little brother these days.

by Anonymousreply 449May 29, 2022 10:45 PM

R449 I assume he still loves his brother dearly but doesn’t trust him one inch. Harry burned a lot of bridges for a television bitch session.

by Anonymousreply 450May 29, 2022 11:21 PM

I hate to speak ill of her...

but I've noticed her loading up her leather purse with Splenda packets in the break room (that's why we're always running out)

and even when she's supposed to be "at work" she spends a long time in the loo

by Anonymousreply 451May 30, 2022 12:13 AM

^ some of her younger coworkers complain that her cubicle always smells of urine

by Anonymousreply 452May 30, 2022 12:14 AM

And if she corners me at the copier with one more story about "my dear Corgi Susan who died suddenly"...I'm going to HR

by Anonymousreply 453May 30, 2022 12:16 AM

Have you noticed her wrapping up extra pieces of birthday cake to "take home to her mother"?

by Anonymousreply 454May 30, 2022 12:18 AM

Bromance with Harry has ended; Mike Tindall is my brother now! (scroll down in the link for hugs)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455May 30, 2022 12:27 AM

Now that you mentioned it, I did notice the cake went fast!

I'll give her my recipe for Tuna Noodle Casserole. It'll be a smash at the Jubilee!

by Anonymousreply 456May 30, 2022 12:43 AM

I love the pictures of Zara and Mike with William and their bro hug. William doesn't look like a pompous stick in the mud there.

by Anonymousreply 457May 30, 2022 1:24 AM

I once saw her in the break room and she stuffed an entire roll of paper towels and a half-used bottle of Dawn dish detergent in that big purse of hers.

by Anonymousreply 458May 30, 2022 1:29 AM

Whenever there was an office potluck, her contribution was always a bag of pork rinds, and nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 459May 30, 2022 4:33 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460May 30, 2022 8:12 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461May 30, 2022 8:17 PM

Queen Alexandra's Kokoshnik Tiara.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462May 30, 2022 9:08 PM

R128 Let her finish high school at least. Carriage driving is a sport and she’s taken it up.

by Anonymousreply 463May 30, 2022 9:26 PM

What’s wrong with people? “Flew” instead of “flu” and “thrown” instead of “throne.”

by Anonymousreply 464May 30, 2022 9:39 PM

Her grandfather taught it to her. Some people have very good relations with their relatives.

by Anonymousreply 465May 30, 2022 9:40 PM

You have told us on these Royal threads that the York girls inherited tens of millions from great grannie.

Yet one is hustling her best to become a paid working royal ( the ugly one with the cheater social climbing husband)

And the other is moving to Portugal, where it is much cheaper to live!

Lol, they do not have great grannie millions....

by Anonymousreply 466May 30, 2022 9:42 PM

No one ever said tens of millions, fool.

by Anonymousreply 467May 30, 2022 9:45 PM

Man, I wish Philip had been my grandad. Photos of him with some the grandkids look like they liked him. Heard he offered to do the dead walk with Harry, even though he didn't agree it should be done. Was impressed he left Harry his Purdey guns. And of course dolt sold them.

by Anonymousreply 468May 30, 2022 9:46 PM

Loathe the random right wing Daily Mail and Mirror links.

by Anonymousreply 469May 30, 2022 9:47 PM

R467 You ass yes the posters here have insisted that they got millions from great grannie. You are a loathsome fool.

by Anonymousreply 470May 30, 2022 9:48 PM

I once caught that Liz taking all the tampons in the ladies loo...what is she using them for?

And if I have to help her reboot her computer one more time, I'm going to lose my shit!

by Anonymousreply 471May 30, 2022 9:48 PM

What a life you live R467....

"Today was snowy and cold. I tidied up the house a little bit, shoveled the walk, went to the gym, and fucked my bf by the fire. Now I'm here.

Tomorrow, a couple of hours of work in a.m., the lunch with some friends, then probably a nap, then dinner and a movie.

Monday, no plans, other than seeing another friend who has a new dog. And maybe making some tomato soup. And shaving. I need to shave.

by Anonymousreply 472May 30, 2022 9:49 PM

The only thing insisted was that the Queen Mother gave money away to avoid tax. It could have gone to her grandchildren, her great grandchildren or a combination of both. No one knew the size of her estate or how it was distributed. You obviously have comprehension problems, R471. Accept these facts and then be quiet. You have nothing to contribute but you are allowed to read.

by Anonymousreply 473May 30, 2022 9:50 PM

Nope you silly R473. It is a common thread here that the Yorkies got millions from their great grannie. You are the silly fool here, and you have been on DL a short time from your posting history. Go fuck your bf by the fire and take your nap, lol. You are an oldie but not goodie here.

by Anonymousreply 474May 30, 2022 9:52 PM

No matter what they may or may not have inherited, I don't think anyone thought it was enough for them to never have any money issues. It depends how the money was given, if it is in trusts, when they got access, etc... It could be all gone now, between their own spending and I wouldn't be surprised if one or both have had to help mummy or daddy out with some cash at some point.

by Anonymousreply 475May 30, 2022 9:58 PM

Americans getting their undies in a bunch over the British royal family is so entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 476May 30, 2022 9:59 PM

The BRF has an American Duchess and American princes/princesses down the road. We will infiltrate and take over!

by Anonymousreply 477May 30, 2022 10:00 PM

I don't know why it is so hard to understand why Americans would be interested in the BRF. Basically British history up until around 1776, is our history. It is true many cultures have influenced American culture, both negatively and positively, but at it's core American culture is British in origin. It is where we get our language, our laws, and customs, long with most of the early settlers that actually devised the nation. Yes, we fought to be independent of the crown, but we have never lost all feelings for our mother. Like many children, we grew up and rebelled in the late 1700s, spent a large part of the 1800s pretty estranged and had a second major fight, then we became cordial as the century progressed, and in the 1900s we completely made up and when others tried to fight her, we joined with most of her other children to kick their asses back to Berlin. We might not pay for their upkeep or let them have even symbolic power over us, but we still look on them with affection and, at times, bemusement.

by Anonymousreply 478May 30, 2022 10:10 PM

I've been following these threads for decades and I've never seen anyone insist that the York girls inherited tens of millions of pounds from the Queen Mum until today.

You're being a fucking loon.

by Anonymousreply 479May 30, 2022 10:42 PM

I agree, R479. Probably just another Megtard, struggling with a new tactic.

by Anonymousreply 480May 30, 2022 10:44 PM

Also: it seems most people don't understand how trusts usually work.

In most cases, if you're the recipient of a trust fund, you earn the income from the money in the trust. If Granma left you a million dollar trust, you're not actually GETTING a million dollars, you're getting the income earned from that million dollars. Depending on how that trust is set up, it means you're getting a nice little sum of money every year, but it's not gonna be enough to buy yourself a yacht every year.

by Anonymousreply 481May 30, 2022 10:48 PM

Also, R475, a couple of million doesn't go that far anymore. By the time you buy a or rent a decent house, pay a nanny, educate your little monster(s) and generate some income off the principal... it isn't as much slush as it sounds. Does anyone imagine the Californians are giving them a deal on the rent at Froghole? Generally when you've got a windfall, you try to live off the income, modestly grow the principal and then have something to leave your kids. Fergie counts as a kid.

by Anonymousreply 482May 30, 2022 10:48 PM

Wrong 479! They have also proclaimed that the Italian social climber is worth millions as well. Your friends on RoyalDish insist that they both have oodles of money.

by Anonymousreply 483May 30, 2022 10:48 PM

I think a lot of people would be surprised and disappointed by how little a couple of million is actually worth.

by Anonymousreply 484May 30, 2022 10:49 PM

R484 Well with inflation we might all discover that soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 485May 30, 2022 10:55 PM

Are you sure Huge lives down Froggy Holler? The crappy tabs are saying she is in NotCot/Portugal now, leaving the Markles free to come and go. Always murky, never straightforward, the Yorks and Sussexes are just a big cluster of grift.

by Anonymousreply 486May 31, 2022 3:17 AM

Huge is on a large ship headed to Portugal as we speak. Her HugeRoyalBaby is also being toted along.

by Anonymousreply 487May 31, 2022 3:35 AM

The Portuguese are really lovely, it is a lot cheaper than the rest of western Europe, and they do speak English. But Euge might find herself at quite a loose end in the Algarve. There's nothing at all to do apart from going to restaurants and the beach, and that is only a few months a year. The rest of the time it rains.

PS, Euge, make sure your little one is not left unattended.

by Anonymousreply 488May 31, 2022 5:38 AM

It's a huge, sprawling property with many luxury amenities. The Brooksbanks did well despite their collective lack of ability or talent.

Thanks be to"George," not any HRH.

by Anonymousreply 489May 31, 2022 6:57 AM

488.It's not the Algarve but the Atlantic coast. Not too far from Lisbon.

by Anonymousreply 490May 31, 2022 7:50 AM

What is it with R483's with Royal Dish?

Is this the latest lame attempt at deflecting from the idiot who constantly calls others in here "Klan Grannies"?

by Anonymousreply 491May 31, 2022 12:07 PM

*with R483's obsession with

by Anonymousreply 492May 31, 2022 12:08 PM

Jack Brooksbank's father was a very hard working accountant. Jack did not have the discipline and IQ to continue the family business.

by Anonymousreply 493May 31, 2022 12:15 PM

^ At least it's not that River of garbage.

by Anonymousreply 494May 31, 2022 1:38 PM

[quote] The Portuguese are really lovely, it is a lot cheaper than the rest of western Europe, and they do speak English.

Portugal and the UK, also have the oldest known alliance in the world that is still in force. Portugal and the UK have been allies since 1386.

by Anonymousreply 495May 31, 2022 1:51 PM

Yes, didn't Henry VIII send his sister to marry the aged Portuguese King some 600 years ago?

by Anonymousreply 496May 31, 2022 2:20 PM

Hey, R 495 and R496, don't forget about me (and my fabulous 'do!) --

Catharine of Braganza...

I had a borough named after me!!

Take that, Meghan!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497May 31, 2022 3:20 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498May 31, 2022 4:45 PM

I'm not supposed to say this. There are 70 years worth of packets of salt, pepper, sugar, Splenda, stevia, catsup, mustard, vinegar, soy sauce, parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper, from all over the world, all neatly organized and stored in boxes in a pantry at Windsor Castle. So that's what the little purse was for all this time. Nobody ever uses them. You did not hear this from me.

by Anonymousreply 499May 31, 2022 5:23 PM

And here, R499, I thought it was some loose change and a 20 pound note to call home if things weren't going well and taxi fare back to the palace!

by Anonymousreply 500May 31, 2022 6:42 PM

And condoms.

And you definitely did not hear that from me. But she goes.

by Anonymousreply 501May 31, 2022 7:26 PM

Thanks R435. Turns out that I can get Sky News through Peacock and I think through Roku. Unfortunately, this weekend I'll be around people who aren't interested in the jubilee, and I'm not sure I have the right system to record streaming channels.

I'll have to watch on YouTube later.

by Anonymousreply 502May 31, 2022 11:15 PM

Sadly, heavy rains will ruin many Jubilee parties.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503June 1, 2022 1:36 AM

Canadian here. The youtube channel "The Royal Family Channel" has live streams coming up for the June 2 Queens Birthday Parade, as well as June 3 National Service of Thanksgiving.

by Anonymousreply 504June 1, 2022 2:00 AM

R490, the resort is an hour from Lisbon.

by Anonymousreply 505June 1, 2022 3:58 AM

I can't WAIT for the festivities to begin. Nobody does pomp and circumstance like the Brits.

by Anonymousreply 506June 1, 2022 7:38 AM

I'm all set for the Trooping the Colour on tomorrow. Got my Yorkshire Gold, my jammie dodgers, my salt and vinegar crisps and an entire Battenburg Mr. Kipling cake. The Trooping the Colour is going to be max pomp for this Jubilee celebration.

by Anonymousreply 507June 1, 2022 7:57 AM

There's a Sky News live stream on youtube.

by Anonymousreply 508June 1, 2022 11:29 AM

This clip of the Queen is too funny. That tiara must have been nailed on her head because she bent over the railing quite low and it didn't fall off. Watch the two black servants on the stairs. They seem frozen with fear. What do we do with this old girl? The older white gloved men in the background are too busy to notice what she's up to. LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509June 1, 2022 1:17 PM

For Canadian DL'ers, I believe the CBC will have coverage of the Trooping The Colour tomorrow and the Thanksgiving Service on Friday. They both start at 5:00 am. I don't know if the actual events start at that time or if talking heads will be filling in the time until they begin. I like to get up early to see all of the preparations and the arrivals. I remember getting up at five to watch Princess Anne's wedding in 1973 (my first royal wedding).

by Anonymousreply 510June 1, 2022 1:21 PM

Wasn't it also raining on her coronation day?

by Anonymousreply 511June 1, 2022 1:40 PM

Yes, r511. The Queen of Tonga became a British fave that day because she insisted on travelling in an open carriage, despite the rain, so she could be seen by the crowds.

by Anonymousreply 512June 1, 2022 4:02 PM

They wouldn't have liked her on DL. She was massively fat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513June 1, 2022 4:16 PM

^She needed a clear line of sight to be able to pick out the choicest morsels amongst the bystanders.

by Anonymousreply 514June 1, 2022 6:12 PM

Great news - the Sussexes will be on hand for Trooping the Colour! Sadly (or not), Andrew has been left out in the cold.

by Anonymousreply 515June 1, 2022 6:46 PM

The Party at the Palace concert will air on ABC in the US on Saturday night.

by Anonymousreply 516June 2, 2022 5:14 AM

[quote] The Queen of Tonga became a British fave that day because she insisted on travelling in an open carriage, despite the rain, so she could be seen by the crowds.

Another version is that the Queen of Tonga did it to show her humility. When asked who was the person sitting next to the Queen of Tonga in her carriage, Noel Coward is suppose to have replied, "Her lunch".

by Anonymousreply 517June 2, 2022 5:19 AM

She looks very energetic and sprightly in that video clip above.

by Anonymousreply 518June 2, 2022 5:24 AM

Patsy Stone will moderate J events for the official Sky News viewing party.

by Anonymousreply 519June 2, 2022 5:34 AM

[quote]The Queen of Tonga became a British fave that day because she insisted on travelling in an open carriage, despite the rain, so she could be seen by the crowds.

Weren't QE II and the Queen of Tonga said to have shared a close friendship, as much as they could, through mail and telegraph correspondence back then? It could be interpreted as a gesture of support from one Queen to another. Besides, wasn't she used to rain storms coming from a tropical country?

by Anonymousreply 520June 2, 2022 6:10 AM

Beautiful new portrait released today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521June 2, 2022 9:51 AM

I wonder who or what company created the wristwatch she's wearing?

Maybe the gold bracelet and the actual timepiece were originally separate pieces.

I'm actually more curious about who or what company created the time piece.

by Anonymousreply 522June 2, 2022 10:08 AM

Della R522 the Queen is known to wear mostly watches of Swiss made, like Patek Philippe and Jäger-LeCoultre

by Anonymousreply 523June 2, 2022 10:22 AM

Thank you, Dutchie and for posting that great pic at r521.

by Anonymousreply 524June 2, 2022 10:29 AM

So when will the Queen be out on the balcony? Getting tired of the marching around.

by Anonymousreply 525June 2, 2022 10:38 AM

r504, thank you so much for that youtube link.

by Anonymousreply 526June 2, 2022 11:06 AM

I am watching it live on USA Today Youtube channel.

by Anonymousreply 527June 2, 2022 11:07 AM

R527 Me too!

by Anonymousreply 528June 2, 2022 11:21 AM

She has appeared!!

by Anonymousreply 529June 2, 2022 11:22 AM

Who is that with Our Majesty on the balcony? I assume the Duke of Kent of Gloucester? They are both her first cousins and she had known them first since childhood..

by Anonymousreply 530June 2, 2022 11:33 AM

Correct, R530

by Anonymousreply 531June 2, 2022 11:45 AM

Once you hit your Platinum Jubilee one really starts blowing off work.

by Anonymousreply 532June 2, 2022 11:56 AM

The 70 formation is pretty cool.

by Anonymousreply 533June 2, 2022 12:05 PM

The Queen looked to be enjoying herself so much. She looked more like the white-haired Queen of old age that we're used to... very much like her robust self, less frail, I thought.

by Anonymousreply 534June 2, 2022 12:08 PM

I heard she was back in the breakroom again this morning during the ten o'clock break; they caught her hoarding Sweet N Low packets, stuffing them into that little pocketbook of hers. I just wish someone would tell me what brand purse it is.

by Anonymousreply 535June 2, 2022 12:13 PM

Are we sure Scott Thompson wasn’t just standing in for her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536June 2, 2022 12:45 PM

R535 QE2 always carries Launer handbags and clutches.

by Anonymousreply 537June 2, 2022 1:55 PM

R535 Do they even call it Sweet & Low in the UK? I was hoping they would have some fun, cheeky Brit name for it?

by Anonymousreply 538June 2, 2022 3:14 PM

Launer made a Jubilee Handbag. The strap is longer with different hardware.

by Anonymousreply 539June 2, 2022 4:56 PM

Betty just needs to hang on until a week from Sunday, and she'll be #2 on the longest reigning monarch's list!

To beat Louis the XIV, though, will require an Act of God. It's hard to imagine she'll hang on another year and a half after that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540June 2, 2022 5:03 PM

My understanding, as someone who happens to know a bit about Tonga, is that Queen Salote was motivated by respect for Queen Elizabeth, the only other female monarch in the Commonwealth. She was a cheerful, dignified personage. Six foot three!

That was a trashy remark from Noel Coward and reflects badly only on him. Who is Salote to him, and he to Salote?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541June 2, 2022 5:36 PM

Here's the handbag R537 mentioned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542June 2, 2022 5:39 PM

Sadly she is missing another work day - she is in too much pain to attend the Thanksgiving Service.

by Anonymousreply 543June 2, 2022 8:43 PM

The old lady is lying. She's fine! She's spending that day instead at Lilibucks birthday bash!

by Anonymousreply 544June 3, 2022 5:12 AM

R543 Pain? Or simply wants to preserve what little strength she has left. Not surprised she passed on St. Paul's. Crowds, walking and the amount of time sitting through the service would be exhausting to a 96 year old. And no doubt she's preserving her strength to appear tomorrow at the Derby at Epsom Downs.

by Anonymousreply 545June 3, 2022 5:17 AM

I think the issue is the walk into and out of St Paul’s. She seemed noticeably slower tonight when walking up to light the beacon thingy. The old girl is insisting on walking alone, but her feet are dragging. Hopefully she’ll get to recuperate at Balmoral once the Jubilee festivities are over.

by Anonymousreply 546June 3, 2022 5:32 AM

She believes wheelchairs are undignified so she'll never be seen again participating in any major event. It's Charles and William now and into the future.

by Anonymousreply 547June 3, 2022 6:18 AM

R546 The Old Girl took very slow measured steps, as you would expect of a 96 year old. Also I'll bet her sight is going, and even with the specs, she's a bit unsure of what's in front.

by Anonymousreply 548June 3, 2022 6:24 AM

I have an ominous feeling about the Queen...

by Anonymousreply 549June 3, 2022 6:46 AM

[quote]I have an ominous feeling about the Queen...

Oh, pipe down, Camilla.

by Anonymousreply 550June 3, 2022 7:20 AM

I have an ominous feeling about every 90+ year old.

by Anonymousreply 551June 3, 2022 9:23 AM

Will the queen ride a horse 🐎 tomorrow?

by Anonymousreply 552June 3, 2022 10:11 AM

Word on the street is that the Queen has CHF. Quite sad if so - awful illness, my grandmother died of it.

by Anonymousreply 553June 3, 2022 10:58 AM

How old was your grandmother when she died, R553?

by Anonymousreply 554June 3, 2022 11:15 AM

She was 95 Dutchie.

by Anonymousreply 555June 3, 2022 11:18 AM

I don't think her sight is bad. She was pointing out many things to the Duke of Kent yesterday when the Lifeguards were passing the palace.

by Anonymousreply 556June 3, 2022 11:37 AM

The Queen doesn't have CHF.

by Anonymousreply 557June 3, 2022 12:03 PM

UK here. Enough of this mawkish pantomime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558June 3, 2022 12:20 PM

She more than likely is still suffering the aftereffects of her COVID bout a few months ago. Even though it was -allegedly - a mild case, a 96 year old woman could easily have longform symptoms or take some time to get their strength back.

I have a relative in their late 70s who had a mild case around the same time TQ had hers, and they still have strong bouts of fatigue that keep them from doing their routine activities most days. This is improving, thankfully.

by Anonymousreply 559June 3, 2022 7:32 PM

Hmmm....maybe she's a bit hesitant and unsteady because....

SHE'S NINETY SIX FUCKING YEARS OLD!!!

by Anonymousreply 560June 3, 2022 7:56 PM

I think she looked great. Some of you bitches are dumb and looking for drama where there isn't any.

by Anonymousreply 561June 3, 2022 9:06 PM

R556 And, she was pointing out things to Prince Louis, as well. Though, she could be far-sighted.

by Anonymousreply 562June 4, 2022 1:15 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563June 4, 2022 1:43 AM

I heard she's in trouble for not clocking out at the end of her shift. She's been padding her hours. It's so blatant, too. We all saw she wasn't on that balcony. And she's all like "Princess so-and-so was representing me." Bitch, you lost another shift because you're so unreliable, ain't nobody representing your ass. You about to get canned.

by Anonymousreply 564June 4, 2022 2:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!