Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Heather Matarazzo is suicidal

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228October 15, 2022 1:50 AM

Actresses get rejected a lot? Especially unconventional looking ones that are pushing 40? Color me shocked!

by Anonymousreply 1May 12, 2022 10:15 PM

She deleted her tweets (I guess she was in a spiral at the time) but some people in the industry reached out to her so hopefully she'll get a gig soon. In the article she talks about how little money she makes and wanting to kill herself over the years.

by Anonymousreply 2May 12, 2022 10:17 PM

[quote] "Actresses get rejected a lot? Especially unconventional looking ones that are pushing 40? Color me shocked!"

Yes, all of this. But I've always liked her, and wish her well. I genuinely want better for her, and I hope she finds it.

by Anonymousreply 3May 12, 2022 10:18 PM

Valerie Bertinelli was very morose on TikTok today, so much so that I didn’t watch. Is this because of the Up Fronts, and announcements being made about cancellation and shows being or not picked up?

by Anonymousreply 4May 12, 2022 10:19 PM

R3 I like her too, but it's ridiculous for an actress (or actor) to complain about rejection. That's part of being an actor and everyone knows the deal going in.

by Anonymousreply 5May 12, 2022 10:19 PM

Nobody wants to hire a suicide case.

by Anonymousreply 6May 12, 2022 10:21 PM

she would be perfect as Michael Steele in a Bangles biopic

by Anonymousreply 7May 12, 2022 10:22 PM

She has a tough background - was in foster care as a kid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 12, 2022 10:23 PM

It's ridiculous for her to complain about rejection. Sorry about that hon, but most people don't get everything they want

by Anonymousreply 9May 12, 2022 10:24 PM

Is this like the breakdown fat fug ethnic types have after years of sexual rejection by the callous handsome winners in the A List?

Hey, did you ever think of switching careers and getting a 9-5 slog job lime most other people steadily working to get through life?

by Anonymousreply 10May 12, 2022 10:24 PM

R10 In the article she says considered working for Lyft.

I expect that, just when she's ready to finally give up and do something else, a gig comes her way which is good but also prolongs her agony because it keeps her in a game she's come to hate. Sounds like she should have quit acting about 15 years ago. It would have been better for her mental health.

by Anonymousreply 11May 12, 2022 10:28 PM

She was in one cult film hit (“Welcome to the Dollhouse“) and one studio produced hit (“The Princess Diaries”)

I’m sorry she doesn’t receive steady employment, but the above are milestones most performers never pass.

by Anonymousreply 12May 12, 2022 10:33 PM

r12 She had other films... her roles were small and most them were over budget commercial flops

r5 Often it's the why of now...

and now, somuch of the casting seems to be people in overlapping cliquey cicles. . . selected before the first reading.

Heather, however, does seem like she doesn't know how to go for roles. She took some doozies. It also doesn't help that she looked at as fun rther than work and was too down to earth to build up a celebrity support network for gigs. Many of her costars didn't make it as much as they wanted but they had more drive to move into other parts of the industry. I hate to say but she's pretty frau - the happy go lucky variety, where she was happy with herself, happy with her life, happy to be REAL public representation and happy with whatever job fell in her lap. . . but it's like dang girl, she just needed a sugar mama to take of her. .. because I'm not sure she has a lick of biz sense

by Anonymousreply 13May 12, 2022 10:35 PM

She “considered Lyft” gasp! She almost had to LOWER HERSELF!!!!!!!! Fuck Her.

by Anonymousreply 14May 12, 2022 10:36 PM

Maybe it's time to stop with Hollywood then?

by Anonymousreply 15May 12, 2022 10:36 PM

She could switch gears and work behind the scenes— casting, sets, wardrobe, other production stuff. Not everyone gets their dream and many people work two or three different careers.

by Anonymousreply 16May 12, 2022 10:36 PM

She's not a type that is easy to cast. She was really lucky she worked so much in the past. Much more than most other actors.

Perhaps she should consider becoming an acting coach, especially if she wants to stay connected to the business in some way. A number of actors have gone this route once their acting career dried up.

by Anonymousreply 17May 12, 2022 10:37 PM

If you haven’t become a star after 30 years in the business, it’s not happening. Time to get trained in another profession and earn some real money.

by Anonymousreply 18May 12, 2022 10:37 PM

She just needs a better agent/manager.

by Anonymousreply 19May 12, 2022 10:39 PM

Too bad she couldn't get a role on a soap

If we had 12 soaps on the air (like in the 80s) she would get a role no problem

by Anonymousreply 20May 12, 2022 10:40 PM

W

E

I

N

E

R

D

O

G

by Anonymousreply 21May 12, 2022 10:41 PM

60 credits and bitch got to work with Ryan Phillipe. Cry me a river. Let her borrow a gun from the Judd sisters.

by Anonymousreply 22May 12, 2022 10:41 PM

why doesn't she get on Cameo ?

by Anonymousreply 23May 12, 2022 10:41 PM

R23 Read the article. She gets $150 a pop on cameo and $1,400 for business videos.

by Anonymousreply 24May 12, 2022 10:42 PM

[quote] " I like her too, but it's ridiculous for an actress (or actor) to complain about rejection. That's part of being an actor and everyone knows the deal going in."

I agree that it's ridiculous. But while I'm not an actor, I feel for her as an artist. Of course, I always thought that barring any contracts, if I were an actor I'd always have multiple irons in the fire, just in case. Hell, I do that now with my own work, and wardrobe/costuming jobs are far easier to come by.

So I agree with R13, who said she doesn't seem to have much business sense. As an artist, one must be able to market oneself. Regardless of medium. I don't think she's done very well in that area of her career, despite appearing in well-known films. But...I hope she finds peace of mind nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 25May 12, 2022 10:42 PM

Sorry. I don't feel for her. It's a tough business and always has been. I've gone longer without jobs than she has. She's doing just fine.

by Anonymousreply 26May 12, 2022 10:43 PM

And I didn't like how driving for Lyft is considered rock bottom. I've driven for Uber. It's actually fun.

by Anonymousreply 27May 12, 2022 10:44 PM

I have a story. I was temping at APA (Agency for the Performing Arts) circa 1999 or early 2000. It was an agent named Pamela Wagner, who represented Heather.

She always had her assistants listen in on calls for whatever reason, and I was her assistant for the day. We got a call from a casting director regarding Donnie Darko. The casting director said "I have some hard news. Jonathan Schwartzman has dropped out, and we got this new guy Jake." Pamela goes "Well, what is that hard for me?" The casting director responds "Well, Heather just isn't going to work as his sister. We won't be using her." Pamela freaked out saying she had a deal memo, and the casting director said they would settle it.

Then, Pamela said to me "I'm going to need some privacy." She closed her door and called Heather, and that call I was not privy to. Something told me at the time it wasn't an easy conversation. I think Heather really wanted that role.

I wonder if Jake and Maggie Gyllenhall were some kind of package deal. Like, they couldn't have him unless they cast his real life sister as his sister.

by Anonymousreply 28May 12, 2022 10:45 PM

what R25 says

If she was smart, she should have started to build a voice-over career in animation projects.

You get as much residuals as you get for being in front of the camera. Doing voice-overs, no cares what you look like

When she was getting jobs was the time to try to break into that industry. You need to diversify yourself as much as possible in the acting profession,

by Anonymousreply 29May 12, 2022 10:45 PM

She's ugly.

by Anonymousreply 30May 12, 2022 10:45 PM

R27 Are you recognizable like she is? Would customers laugh at you, mock you and put you on their social media for others to mock you and laugh at you like they did that black actor who was bagging groceries at Target or wherever?

by Anonymousreply 31May 12, 2022 10:48 PM

Customers would not know who she is if she starting working for Lyft

by Anonymousreply 32May 12, 2022 10:51 PM

She's actually a really terrible actress. She was good in Dollhouse, but it was one of those roles that you could understand someone working in who actually wasn't talented because of Solondz' style. She's actually grown into at least a handsome woman, whereas she was butt ugly as a child and teen. She has no fan base left, so there really is no reason to hire her over someone who can act and/or who does mean something.

I do feel for her, but as others have suggested, she should have diversified when she still had the contacts. But I get it. Hope is a cruel bitch.

by Anonymousreply 33May 12, 2022 10:52 PM

Honey, I don't know her even looking at her picture.

by Anonymousreply 34May 12, 2022 10:52 PM

R13- The person you are describing PERFECTLY is Anne Hathaway- she is insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 35May 12, 2022 10:55 PM

I was recognized when I drove Uber. And they were very excited about it. When they posted on Twitter, it was done in a positive way. I really enjoyed it. It's like a video game. You go to the surge areas, pick people up, drop them off, and the money appears. I'm a big basketball fan and I was in a basketball city. I got to drive a lot of famous NBA players and that was really fun.

by Anonymousreply 36May 12, 2022 11:00 PM

It seems like there would be a niche for a financial planner in Hollywood who would specialize in working with actors the first time they hit it “big” and help them figure out a way to build/invest in long-term income streams: real estate, portfolios, etc.

The marketing could be “Where are they now stories” of actors who hit bottom — the Eight is Enough star who lived in a van, etc. etc.

by Anonymousreply 37May 12, 2022 11:12 PM

Poor Weiner Dog!!!!

I feel bad that she is struggling- I do not know how actors/actresses do it- That is a tough life being rejected every day, all day-

by Anonymousreply 38May 12, 2022 11:18 PM

She just had a cameo in the new Scream movie and maybe she just found out they didn't have a role for her in the next sequel that's supposed to shoot next month. Maybe she thought the cameo in that meant that bigger things were on the horizon.

Personally, I'd love to see her pop up in another Scream movie. She's always fun to see.

by Anonymousreply 39May 12, 2022 11:23 PM

Maybe she should take counsel from Kristy McNichol, another troubled former teen star turned middle-aged lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 40May 12, 2022 11:24 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41May 12, 2022 11:25 PM

Why do they always have to post it online? How about make the call to a suicide hotline and get checked into a hospital not get social media likes and beg for a job.

by Anonymousreply 42May 12, 2022 11:26 PM

R42 Because she wants people to reach out to her and give her a job.

by Anonymousreply 43May 12, 2022 11:27 PM

You got to learn to sleep around.

by Anonymousreply 44May 12, 2022 11:28 PM

[quote] Maybe she should take counsel from Kristy McNichol

Kristy McNichol became a beautician

by Anonymousreply 45May 12, 2022 11:30 PM

It is shocking how little most actors/actresses make even when they have a sizable role in an ensemble. That hot ASF red head (Daniel something) who was on The Walking Dead. He had a decent part and revealed how little he made per episode. It was criminal.

by Anonymousreply 46May 12, 2022 11:33 PM

Acting is not a secure profession, and the extreme ups and downs of being in and out of work are not good for anyone's mental health.

With that in mind, and considering the fact that no one is owed a living in their dream job, perhaps consider getting a normal career and acting on the side.

by Anonymousreply 47May 12, 2022 11:34 PM

Well, if equally plain and much less talented actresses like Debra Messing, Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Julianna Margulies and the worst of them all, Sarah Jessica Parker, could make it in Hollywood, then it isn't any wonder that Heather would keep trying. She is a better actress than all of them put together and

Maybe she should have fixed her gummy overbite and gone for quirky/comedy roles on television? I think that this would be a medium that would offer her more longevity and financial stability, as looks and age are not quite as defining elements in most comedic series - for example, Megan Mullally isn't ugly, but she isn't a bimbo prototype either, and she got to play the truly hilarious Karen Walker and stole the show away from Eric McCormack and Debra Messing in the process. I know it's a matter of luck, but Heather could try to orientate her career towards these types of roles, which would both suit and allow her to showcase her talent.

Anyway, I wish her luck. She is a very talented actress who deserves to have a strong presence in the media.

by Anonymousreply 48May 12, 2022 11:34 PM

If Heather really loves acting as a career and calling, I'm sure she could get more satisfying parts in regional theater and drive for Lyft part-time. There are lots of fine actors who eke out a living by hook or by crook because they want to keep acting, and they understand that wealth, financial security, and Hollywood are not part of the equation for them. Artists in other fields (e.g., writing) face the same reality, and accept it or move on.

by Anonymousreply 49May 12, 2022 11:36 PM

I was going to say something mean like “boohoo” but then realized she was in Welcome to the Dollhouse! Love that movie and her. Get it together, girl!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50May 12, 2022 11:38 PM

Does she still live in New York? Living in a place that's super expensive isn't helping her cause when money is such a big issue to her.

by Anonymousreply 51May 12, 2022 11:38 PM

Gelson’s deli is hiring!

by Anonymousreply 52May 12, 2022 11:41 PM

[quote] Well, if equally plain and much less talented actresses like Debra Messing, Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Julianna Margulies and the worst of them all, Sarah Jessica Parker, could make it in Hollywood, then it isn't any wonder that Heather would keep trying. She is a better actress than all of them put together

Welcome to the DL, Helen Keller.

by Anonymousreply 53May 12, 2022 11:42 PM

Her wife is also named Heather.

Heathers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 12, 2022 11:47 PM

Oh woof! R54 they’re like two fugly twins with gummy smiles.

by Anonymousreply 55May 12, 2022 11:49 PM

Know your limitations.

She doesn't have one of four qualities that could get the public's attention and potentially lead to stardom: great beauty, an unforgettable personality, sexual charisma, or versatile acting talent. Becoming a big star with longevity wasn't going to be a reality for her. She could hope for a career as a character actress, but you need versatility for that. Moreover, the public is fickle. Success today won't guarantee success in the future.

Hey, she did have it better than most actors, who never get their break and remain anonymous. Time for her to do something else.

by Anonymousreply 56May 12, 2022 11:59 PM

Be kinder

by Anonymousreply 57May 13, 2022 12:02 AM

R48, you're comparing this beast to SJP- who dated John Jr? Time for that cataract surgery gramps.

by Anonymousreply 58May 13, 2022 12:03 AM

[quote]She doesn't have one of four qualities that could get the public's attention and potentially lead to stardom: great beauty, an unforgettable personality, sexual charisma, or versatile acting talent.

Is this a joke?

This is Hollywood. The qualities there are nepotism, connections and how wide you can spread your legs for a producer.

It's got to be galling to be someone who came from nothing works their ass off and watch people like the Gyllenhaals soar past you. People who aren't great beauties (Jake looks like a dogs ass, Maggie has the worst posture of any actress I've seen) and who are limited in their talent but who had "a name" and family already in the business.

It's a shame they didn't give her a role on the Roseanne reboot.

Maybe she can teach acting at a university while she looks. Those credits are quite good. And schools look to snap up people who have already made it.

by Anonymousreply 59May 13, 2022 12:17 AM

She was in that dreadful Hostel 2. Appearing in that mess should have been a sign that acting was not for her.

by Anonymousreply 60May 13, 2022 12:18 AM

[quote] SJP- who dated John Jr?

A lot of men are into charity fucks.

by Anonymousreply 61May 13, 2022 12:19 AM

[quote] Let her borrow a gun from the Judd sisters.

^ It's comments like these that keep me coming back to the DL.

by Anonymousreply 62May 13, 2022 12:34 AM

Heather's wife, Heather, is a comedian: let's hope Heather can cheer up Heather.

by Anonymousreply 63May 13, 2022 12:53 AM

The LA Catholic high school drama coach who was interviewed about her former student, Mrs. Harry, was Gigi Perreau, a starlet in the 50a and 60s. Stable people accept the truth and move on. No one's saying it isn't painful. Becoming known for your suicidal ideation does not enhance your employability. Guessing she's a very sick woman.

by Anonymousreply 64May 13, 2022 1:06 AM

[quote]She “considered Lyft” gasp! She almost had to LOWER HERSELF!!!!!!!! Fuck Her.

That’s where I stopped feeling sorry for her. She seems to think she’s too good to work a “regular” job in between acting gigs. As if most of the rest of us haven’t had to work jobs we didn’t want to do.

by Anonymousreply 65May 13, 2022 1:10 AM

Has she considered an OnlyFans? Someone might want to see those hanging beef curtains.

by Anonymousreply 66May 13, 2022 1:23 AM

[quote]Which one of you bitches is going to give her a job?

Does it have to be in acting? Ralph's needs cashiers.

by Anonymousreply 67May 13, 2022 1:24 AM

Someone should hire her for Yellow Jackets. Surely there’s a role there for her and it’s the exact right age.

by Anonymousreply 68May 13, 2022 1:26 AM

How's she going to be in 5, 10, 15 years when work is even harder to come by, because she's older and Hollywood is ageist? We all know this. Did she think any of this through? There's a reason why sane people don't act but instead become doctors, lawyers and prostitutes.

by Anonymousreply 69May 13, 2022 1:29 AM

No, it's not a joke, R59. Maybe I wasn't clear in that comment, but I was talking about the ingredients necessary for fame and longlasting success when Heather started (the 1990s), a time when talent and looks still mattered in Hollywood and in modeling. Keanu Reeves didn't and still doesn't have much acting talent, but he certainly had the looks (as well as a sweet-natured personality) to take him far. Maggie is a dog, but she's a much better actress than Heather.

Today the bar is set so damn low that nepotism, mediocre ability, average looks, and constant attention whoring are enough. Celebs are more disposable than ever. I've seen the rise and fall of many. Your faves aren't invulnerable.

by Anonymousreply 70May 13, 2022 1:31 AM

Why is she complaining? She could be me. 😥

by Anonymousreply 71May 13, 2022 1:31 AM

I empathize with her. She just want to have financial stability like everybody else. She seems a good person and I hope she'll get help.

by Anonymousreply 72May 13, 2022 1:32 AM

The Gyllenhaals must have been a package deal on Donny Darko. Heather is the same physical type as Maggie and would have worked just fine as Jake's character's sister.

by Anonymousreply 73May 13, 2022 1:42 AM

When she popped up in the new Scream sequel I gasped. She looked AWFUL. I was like damn the bitch is only 40! She just gave up. And you can’t give up if you’re in the business of being on camera.

by Anonymousreply 74May 13, 2022 1:47 AM

[quote]R13 She had other films... her roles were small and most them were over budget commercial flops.

I never said she didn’t.

by Anonymousreply 75May 13, 2022 1:55 AM

I think Demi Mazar really cuts into the roles she could get. Being a lesbian it would have been more fitting for her to play the best friend on Younger, but Demi’s edge is she much more attractive.

by Anonymousreply 76May 13, 2022 2:07 AM

[quote] Heather's wife, Heather, is a comedian: let's hope Heather can cheer up Heather.

This is a recipe for disaster. Comedians are the most miserable people and many end up offing themselves (Robin Williams, Greg Giraldo et al). Adding them to my celebrity death pool as I type.

by Anonymousreply 77May 13, 2022 2:10 AM

All the comedians i've ever known or worked with have been either clinically depressed or bipolar.

by Anonymousreply 78May 13, 2022 2:18 AM

Freddie Prinze...Ray Combs...Robin Williams...Robert Pastorelli...OMFG!

by Anonymousreply 79May 13, 2022 2:24 AM

It’s not good for anyone’s career—in any industry—to say this on social media. She sounds frivolous.

by Anonymousreply 80May 13, 2022 2:30 AM

She's going to have to reimagine what working in Hollywood looks like for her. If getting in front of the camera isn't working, she needs to get involved in the behind the scenes work.

by Anonymousreply 81May 13, 2022 3:16 AM

Learn code.

by Anonymousreply 82May 13, 2022 3:18 AM

I have virtually no sympathy for her. Nobody owes you stardom, that’s what she wants. Go back to school, become a nurse, sell real estate, something. You need to act so bad? Do community theater. So many barely working actors give it a go for a few years, maybe 10, then they call it a day and move on. Look at Robert Krimmer, Greg Beecroft, so many.

by Anonymousreply 83May 13, 2022 3:35 AM

I used to think she and Anna Kendrick were the same person.

by Anonymousreply 84May 13, 2022 3:45 AM

NOBODY, however talented, hard working, or deserving is promised a career as an actor, especially in Hollywood.

Life ain't fair, kid.

by Anonymousreply 85May 13, 2022 3:58 AM

I find it hard to empathize with someone who hasn't done the grind of a job they hate for years just to keep a roof and a bed. There are lots of talented people out there without glamorous careers. Cry more.

R17, I agree. Coaching can be lucrative. And even if it isn't, you take that home, throw it in a pot, add some broth, and baby you got a stew going!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86May 13, 2022 4:05 AM

Yet another thread reminds me that DL is up to its neck in rancid motherfuckers.

by Anonymousreply 87May 13, 2022 4:05 AM

[quote]This is Hollywood. The qualities there are nepotism, connections and how wide you can spread your legs for a producer.

I don't know anything about Hollywood but I find this hard to believe. If your projects don't make much money, you're not going to have much of a career. Period.

by Anonymousreply 88May 13, 2022 4:11 AM

Brigitte Nielsen starred in several big budget films. Explain that.

by Anonymousreply 89May 13, 2022 4:15 AM

[quote]R83 Nobody owes you stardom, that’s what she wants.

She never said that. She just wants employment.

by Anonymousreply 90May 13, 2022 4:20 AM

Then dinner theatre should be fine?

by Anonymousreply 91May 13, 2022 4:22 AM

She wants employment, but she doesn't want to work for Lyft. We all have bills to pay....

by Anonymousreply 92May 13, 2022 4:22 AM

With all due respect, ma’am, I’ve got problems of my own.

by Anonymousreply 93May 13, 2022 4:25 AM

Lyft can be seen as an acting challenge.

I've met drivers who come from all sorts of backgrounds. One of them my former boss, a very senior executive. He enjoyed doing it.

by Anonymousreply 94May 13, 2022 4:26 AM

Like others have said, I'm not sure why she doesn't just get another job that allows her to pursue acting on the side.

Beyond that, she could try starting a Youtube channel discussing the realities of an acting career, particularly as someone who is "unconventional". I have no idea if she's charismatic or engaging enough to make it successful, but she definitely would have the potential. She has years of experience, decent resume, some recognition. What it's like on the set, audition process, the ups and downs, etc. It wouldn't even have to be a gossip thing of other actors or whatever, just a what it's really like for an actor at her level. If she could make it interesting, I'd watch it, and I have no desire to act.

by Anonymousreply 95May 13, 2022 4:27 AM

"She does stink and she should quit. But I don't want it to be because of me. It should be the traditional route; years of rejection and failure till she's spit out the bottom of the porn industry."

by Anonymousreply 96May 13, 2022 4:31 AM

It gives me no pleasure to say this, but I saw her in the Broadway revival of The Women, and she wasn’t particularly engaging.

It wasn’t a great role, of course. Just second tier supporting.

by Anonymousreply 97May 13, 2022 4:34 AM

She should be aware of her looks and the likelihood of them getting her anywhere in Hollywood. This was also Meghan Markle's problem.

by Anonymousreply 98May 13, 2022 4:47 AM

She claims she gets a $150 a day on independent projects? Extras make that, not featured actors .

by Anonymousreply 99May 13, 2022 4:47 AM

LOCK ‘ER UP!

by Anonymousreply 100May 13, 2022 4:51 AM

Hang in there, Girl!

by Anonymousreply 101May 13, 2022 5:04 AM

R101 Luckily, there’s no 13th letter anymore!

by Anonymousreply 102May 13, 2022 5:11 AM

She should do a one woman production of Cabaret.

by Anonymousreply 103May 13, 2022 5:11 AM

[quote] She claims she gets a $150 a day on independent projects? Extras make that, not featured actors .

If she's on an ultra-low budget contract she likely is getting that. When I made my first feature (and this is going back 20 years), the contract I signed with SAG based on my budget was $75 per day if you worked under 3 days in a week and $225 per week if you worked 3 or more days in the week.

by Anonymousreply 104May 13, 2022 5:15 AM

[quote]Brigitte Nielsen starred in several big budget films. Explain that.

She was married to Sylvester Stallone.

by Anonymousreply 105May 13, 2022 5:27 AM

She's nearly forty. Does she think she will get MORE acting offers going forward? Delusional.

I know an actor who was quite successful for a brief period decades ago. Starring roles in major films, an Oscar nomination. Then offers dried up, but he refused to transition to something else. He's 76 now, hasn't had a job in years, and is just barely this side of poverty (thanks to social security and SAG benefits). But he still lives in very expensive Los Angeles, because "I have to be where the work is."

I sure hope that isn't Heather in 35 years.

by Anonymousreply 106May 13, 2022 5:28 AM

She has to up her audition game with some ballsy invective:

The only hit that comes out of a Heather Matarazzo show is Heather Matarazzo and that's ME, baby, remember?

by Anonymousreply 107May 13, 2022 5:29 AM

R106, who?

by Anonymousreply 108May 13, 2022 5:31 AM

Can there ever be a thread that doesn't mention Meghan?

by Anonymousreply 109May 13, 2022 5:42 AM

R28 Wagner later became Tammy Cruise's production partner!

She represented Sharon Stone at one point to, who complained that she [Wagner] really played favorites regarding clients. I know all agents do to some extent, but Stone made it sound like she did it to the detriment of certain clients.

by Anonymousreply 110May 13, 2022 5:48 AM

R106 Name him!

by Anonymousreply 111May 13, 2022 5:48 AM

[quote]particularly as someone who is "unconventional".

She doesn’t want to be known as the unconventional one. She doesn’t want to play into that. That’s demoralizing to be “the ugly one.”

by Anonymousreply 112May 13, 2022 6:41 AM

Why is acting glamorized as a medium, anyway? If it was treated like the job that it is, there wouldn't be this stigma of actors having to "lower" themselves by also getting non-acting jobs. What is it about performing, be it on stage, film/TV, or even on the music side (which is what I'm more familiar with personally), why do people idolize performers, so much?

I'm a musician but have a day job in a field from my major (because "under absolutely no circumstances" was I getting any familial help if I had chosen to major in music composition) and have done some live performance gigs in the past...at bars...for tips. Yet and still, patrons would still want to get selfies with us at the end of the night. Why? All we did was take their requests which were 99.9% of the same damn Journey, Billy Joel and Neil Diamond tunes that they drunkenly sang along to.

In a perfect world, I wouldn't be in the field I am now, and would get 100% of my income just from writing music; specifically scores. Gigs would always accept me as the composer for their projects. That's just not reality, though. And frankly, one could argue, when you're a writer or creator of any kind (screen, literature, music, illustrator, animator, painter, etc) there's a whole other level of resilience you have to have with regards to rejection.

As an actor, your performance and interpretation of [italic]someone else's work[/italic] is being rejected. As a creator or writer, it's [italic]your work[/italic] being rejected. There's a reason the suicide risk for "creative types" is insanely high.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113May 13, 2022 6:46 AM

[quote] [R28] Wagner later became Tammy Cruise's production partner!

No dear, that's Paula Wagner, not Pamela Wagner.

by Anonymousreply 114May 13, 2022 6:49 AM

Dyke drama.

by Anonymousreply 115May 13, 2022 6:58 AM

[quote] She's nearly forty. Does she think she will get MORE acting offers going forward?

Age really isn’t a factor anymore thanks to the millions upon millions of streaming services looking for content. Casting is pretty diverse. The issue has to be with her. When has she really shown any talent? Even her speech is weird. Something about her jaw and lisp. It’s hilarious how she wouldn’t return for the “Welcome to the Dollhouse” sequel. What a dumb move. She should have taken the money and publicity and run. It would have led to more indie roles.

by Anonymousreply 116May 13, 2022 7:03 AM

Furthermore, thanks to the internet, there really isn’t any reason to wait for Hollywood to come calling. You can easily produce your own content and publicize yourself. She’s just being lazy.

by Anonymousreply 117May 13, 2022 7:05 AM

How is it demoralizing, R112? There are loads of actors/actresses who have had long and sometimes very successful acting careers that don't have movie star looks. Steve Buscemi, Danny Trejo, Harry Dean Stanton, Tilda Swinton, Lily Tomlin, Christopher Walken (although he was really hot when younger), John C. Riley. The whole cast of the original Roseanne series, Roseanne Barr, Sara Gilbert, Laurie Metcalf, John Goodman, Sandra Bernhardt. The list goes on and on.

She's a 40 year old lesbian who came into fame by being the ugly and awkward girl in the Dollhouse. If she feels demoralized by that, she needs to get over herself.

by Anonymousreply 118May 13, 2022 7:05 AM

I hate to spread something that I can’t confirm personally, but I have heard she is not really a nice person. Not being warm, humble and engaging can really keep people at a distance from you. It sounded like she was up her own ass. Again, this is hearsay.

by Anonymousreply 119May 13, 2022 7:08 AM

She really sounds like an entitled brat in r8’s article. She needs to go out and get a real job. This idea that you should be able to create and get paid for it is typical of left-wingers with no sense of reality. You’re not entitled to be applauded or paid for your so-called artistic talent. The majority of people in the world work real jobs and have hobbies on the side. They’re realistic. She just doesn’t want to accept reality and grow the fuck up. Instead she wants to be a victim, as if acting is the only job there is.

by Anonymousreply 120May 13, 2022 7:13 AM

If your profession makes you feel like committing suicide it’s time to find another profession. This isn’t rocket science.

by Anonymousreply 121May 13, 2022 7:14 AM

She sounds like someone who will end up transitioning.

by Anonymousreply 122May 13, 2022 7:14 AM

She had a therapist who said she should fly to South America and do drugs? lol

by Anonymousreply 123May 13, 2022 7:19 AM

Maybe she could sweep hair at a salon like that Hairspray girl, Ricki Lake.

by Anonymousreply 124May 13, 2022 7:28 AM

R113, you may know about this already, but you can also pick up some cash by composing on fiverrr.

I make short promotional videos for non-profits, and I hire piano composers/players on fiverr all the time for incidental music.

by Anonymousreply 125May 13, 2022 8:00 AM

I'm not sure that confessing all your metal ills is the best way to go about securing a role. She'll get a few sympathy jobs but most people, while sympathetic, will be scared off by that level of instability.

by Anonymousreply 126May 13, 2022 8:14 AM

It was mentioned she grew up in foster care. Early fucked up years make an indelible mark.

Of course life is unfair. But look at Beanie and her opportunities … all nepotism.

Saw Heather in that horrific Hostel. She was naked, suspended by her feet, upside down , swinging back and forth , as some demented woman naked in a bathtub , slashed her repeatedly .

At the time i thought how can this poor dumpy actress lower herself to do this ….

Maybe she had some crazy therapist who told her if she worked very very hard she would be rewarded.

She needs to get off social media and get help

by Anonymousreply 127May 13, 2022 9:09 AM

R73 I'm the one who temped at APA and wrote that post. I will say that both Heather and Jason Schwartzman could play dorkier than the Gyllenhaals. I have a hard time picturing Heather coming back from a date with a popular kid, or holding a cool kids Halloween party like Maggie does in the movie.

I think Donnie was supposed to be nerdier in the script than the way it turned out. It was so interesting- this happens, and over a year later it comes out, and it turned out to be one of my favorites. Strange having been a witness to that pivotal point in the movie's development.

One quick funny story about working at Pamela Wagner's desk for those few weeks- I called a friend of mine who was an actress trying to get her career started. Carrie. This was pre cell phone (for me anyway) I was on my lunch break, eating at my desk so I phoned Carrie. It rings a couple of times, and picks up. After a moment of silence, Carrie goes "Miss Wagner? Thank you so much for taking the time to call...:" I said "Carrie, no no, it's John. I'm at work." She was super confused, as was I. "John?? Huh? What is going on here?" I said "Just calling about tomorrow night"

SO come to find out- poor Carrie had been a struggling actress for a while. She was super hot. Used to fly to Vegas to strip on weekends. She'd come back with 5-10 grand, and this was 1999-2000.

She was really staring to worry she might not make it as an actress. Unbeknownst to me, she set a gameplan in place, which included getting specifically Pamela Wagner to represent her. She'd sent her headshot to Wanger a few weeks before. When the name Pamela Wagner came up on her caller ID, she got so excited. She had to calm down quickly, and poise herself to answer the phone. Her hearing my voice made ZERO sense to her. It must've been one of the most disappointing moments of her life when we put together what happened.

But she was super hot. She posed in Playboy, she did softcore Skinemax type movies. Shortly after, she wound up marrying a guy from her high school who was a jock, and is now a sports caster on local news in Philly. He was hot as fuck and you could tell her had a massive wiener.

She had two boys, who now must be pushing 20 and I bet they're beyond hot. Unless there's a trans thing going on or something

by Anonymousreply 128May 13, 2022 9:30 AM

Lol I do remember feeling humiliated for her in the Hostel film. This bitch forgets to mention she's a big pussy eater. She used to photographed all the time hanging off a lover and they looked like fucking Long Duck Dong and Marlene from '16 Candles'.

by Anonymousreply 129May 13, 2022 9:31 AM

Heather and lover

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130May 13, 2022 9:34 AM

Lovers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131May 13, 2022 9:36 AM

R114 exactly. Pamela didn't actually mind that people got them confused, was my sense. APA was sort of an also ran agency, so having some of that Paula stank on her was beneficial.

by Anonymousreply 132May 13, 2022 9:36 AM

I always liked her too, a very unique personality and look, very interesting actress. How about a podcast, or try Cameo, or her own YouTube channel talking about the movie business and personal experiences etc. Pushing 40 is still young, but that's education is so important, a degree when young college age, real estate, psychology, business, finance, something to fall back on. I wish her well, she has talent and presence, she needs the right entertainment people involved to make things happen. Somebody give Heather Mattarazzo a job. Best of luck gurl. :-)

by Anonymousreply 133May 13, 2022 9:56 AM

I don’t blame her for wanting to spend her time working in a creative field that she finds personally fulfilling. Not slaving away for the next 30 years until she’s old and tired…yeah, the rest of peons us have to, but it sucks, so let’s not pretend we’re happy about it! Toxic positivity is a real cancer on this world.

by Anonymousreply 134May 13, 2022 10:41 AM

I have a neighbor who makes $150k a year being an Uber driver. He loves it. He doesn’t even work five days a week. He specializes in long hauls from NYC to Boston or Philly or the Hamptons.

by Anonymousreply 135May 13, 2022 10:57 AM

And then you hire her and she gets suicidal when she doesn’t like the lines as written or whatnot. It never ends.

by Anonymousreply 136May 13, 2022 11:00 AM

in 2017, driving Lyft was a good gig.

She was at best a character actress, she should have saved her money or got into real estate.

by Anonymousreply 137May 13, 2022 11:08 AM

Can she get a gig as a Doctor Who monster alien, then do the lucrative comic con circuit?

by Anonymousreply 138May 13, 2022 11:37 AM

R88 Except we all know certain actors who keep getting lead role after lead role despite never (or rarely) having a hit. Actors keep getting chances but actresses don't.

by Anonymousreply 139May 13, 2022 11:41 AM

She should produce her own show where she's an out of work actress driving for Lyft. She's also friends with the guy from Cosby who works as a cashier and other former 'stars'. "From A to Z". Perhaps a wink wink cameo from Kathy Griffin?

by Anonymousreply 140May 13, 2022 11:44 AM

Is she not going to be in Scream 6?

by Anonymousreply 141May 13, 2022 11:54 AM

Heather needs to learn from Eric Roberts who actually used to be an Oscar nominated movie star back in the day before realizing after his drug issues and a terrible car accident and being outshone by his sister that he needed to evolve in order to keep working. He's only really happy when he's working and so he'll do 75 movies in a single year. Mostly supporting roles in indies and Lifetime movies and the occasional bigger more mainstream project. Somehow he survives. Then again, based on this article, it seems a lot of people in the business like him, knowing they can count on him to show up and do the work and he's fun to be around. Maybe Heather has a bad rep or comes off too aloof to make friends in the biz. Plus Eric is fine with doing schlock whereas Heather seems to only want to do "classy" indies with auteurs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142May 13, 2022 12:03 PM

She should do the convention circuit.

Quick, easy cash.

Fawning fans.

It is a win-win situation.

by Anonymousreply 143May 13, 2022 12:07 PM

Getting behind the camera it was the best thing I could have ever done.

by Anonymousreply 144May 13, 2022 12:17 PM

[quote] I always liked her too, a very unique personality and look, very interesting actress

I agree that she has an interesting look (and I think she looks great in the pics linked above with her wife) but I find her only serviceable as an actress for the most part. I like her though. I’m rooting for you Heather!

by Anonymousreply 145May 13, 2022 12:28 PM

[quote] But she was super hot. She posed in Playboy, she did softcore Skinemax type movies. Shortly after, she wound up marrying a guy from her high school who was a jock, and is now a sports caster on local news in Philly. He was hot as fuck and you could tell her had a massive wiener.

Name if the hot Philly sports caster please!

by Anonymousreply 146May 13, 2022 12:35 PM

This is something that comes down to fundamental nature. Some accept things. Some fight everything.

Guess who’s happier? On the other hand, the perpetually dissatisfied people push things and make things happen

by Anonymousreply 147May 13, 2022 2:32 PM

[quote] I always liked her too, a very unique personality and look, very interesting actress. How about a podcast, or try Cameo

She does all that.

Actors aren’t complete idiots. Podcasts and Cameos do actually occur to them.

by Anonymousreply 148May 13, 2022 2:37 PM

R120. Definitely. Right wingers always refuse handouts. No government for them. No sir!

by Anonymousreply 149May 13, 2022 2:39 PM

Heather Mattarazzo Is Suicidal! The Musical

by Anonymousreply 150May 13, 2022 2:54 PM

She should just retire from acting

by Anonymousreply 151May 13, 2022 3:01 PM

More about massive weiner guy, please.

by Anonymousreply 152May 13, 2022 3:01 PM

I’m a fan of hers but being an actor is emotionally difficult. It sounds like she needs to give it up for her mental health. I’m sure she could do something else

by Anonymousreply 153May 13, 2022 3:03 PM

She should ditch the muff and marry a rich guy.

by Anonymousreply 154May 13, 2022 3:57 PM

Can’t Ellen throw her a line? With all those houses I’m sure she needs someone to live in and take care of them.

by Anonymousreply 155May 13, 2022 4:27 PM

[quote] Pamela didn't actually mind that people got them confused, was my sense. APA was sort of an also ran agency, so having some of that Paula stank on her was beneficial.

This actually happened to me, sort of. The first film I made was something of a (way) under the radar thing that barely made a blip after festivals and into release. My hip-pocketing agent had submitted a new script of mine to a producer and got a very eager call from his assistant that they wanted to meet with me. I went in and realized that A- said producer had not read the script, and B- said producer thought I had made a completely different film that had a very similar title and which had been a hit mainstream studio film. He was not amused when mid-way through the meeting he realized I had no idea what he was talking about and had caught on, but was diplomatically trying to play along enough to get out of there without embarrassing either of us.

by Anonymousreply 156May 13, 2022 5:04 PM

She was a child star--why didn't she save/invest her money? Or did her foster parents abscond with it all?

by Anonymousreply 157May 13, 2022 5:45 PM

What money? She worked in indies.

by Anonymousreply 158May 13, 2022 5:57 PM

Who isn’t? Who isn’t?

by Anonymousreply 159May 13, 2022 5:58 PM

R142 I've worked on several Eric Roberts movies. He's a nice guy, and his only concern about the film is "does it pay my day rate?"

He's basically a hooker for the screen.

With Heather, you have to wonder where she went wrong. There's plenty of actors on her level who have a decent living. They invested, or found a side hustle years ago because the life of an actor isn't stable. It doesn't have to be Lyft. There's plenty of things in entertainment she could've done, many of them mentioned in this thread. There's voice acting, producing, teaching acting classes, etc.

Sounds like she put ALL her eggs in the acting basket and is shocked that they cracked.

by Anonymousreply 160May 13, 2022 6:06 PM

I don't know her

by Anonymousreply 161May 13, 2022 6:08 PM

There's fan conventions (I work at many and have never seen her) and low-budget horror movies.

Seems like she only wants to make studio films or Sundance films.

When I saw her in Scream 5, I was like...there's no way these hot twins came out of her

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162May 13, 2022 6:10 PM

[quote][R113], you may know about this already, but you can also pick up some cash by composing on fiverrr.

I did know about Fiverr but have never used it. Most of the gigs I do now are solely a result of the networking I've established. Before the pandemic, I was doing studio session musician work every now and then. My aunt (who is in the media) has been pushing me for years to start a YouTube channel but, believe it or not even though I've done stage performances, I absolutely [bold]loathe[/bold] attention and prefer to just create or perform in the background. I had an idea to have a setup where I just show my hands playing but was trying to figure out how to make that more "visually appealing" as that can get repetitive and boring overtime.

And then...there came Rousseau. I'm not bitter. I love his channel. But his idea for the visual effects on the piano is exactly along the lines of what I was imagining but couldn't think of how to implement it. Man's a genius. And a beast on the keys. I've seen other pianist channels incorporate his idea into their videos also but it's just not the same. And I'm not keen to doing anything unoriginal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163May 13, 2022 7:05 PM

^ Actually, I think Rousseau, himself, got the idea from Synthesia. He just made it prettier and shows his hands while playing, whereas Synthesia only shows (an animated) keyboard playing instead of the actual pianist.

by Anonymousreply 164May 13, 2022 7:08 PM

It's funny how things work. Who would figure that Shaun Cassidy still does concerts and produces successful shows? Some people just are better at working connections.

Same with Rob Lowe, minimal talent, but real estate side hustle and sells his house for $40+.

by Anonymousreply 165May 13, 2022 7:18 PM

She seems so nice. Loved her on the last season of Roseanne as DJ’s girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 166May 13, 2022 7:26 PM

I like her but I believe when Todd Solondz asked her to reprise her Dawn Wiener character in two movie she turned him down both times. It's what made her somewhat famous. A working actor works. Also, part of the problem is that she has little range and comes off very stiff/awkward on camera. That is why she was an amazing in Welcome to the Dollhouse, it suited her abilities. She's not a household name but she has managed an acting career for 30 years and that's something for such a limited performer.

by Anonymousreply 167May 13, 2022 7:26 PM

I'm going to rape you after school.

by Anonymousreply 168May 13, 2022 7:27 PM

A 30 year a acting career is more than most talented child actors achieve. But it may be time to "pivot," as the current jargon advises.

by Anonymousreply 169May 13, 2022 7:30 PM

What's the process for actors to decide to "call it"? She had more success than 90 percent of actors, but couldn't maintain it. How long does an actor wait? I guess it's not a straightforward question because obviously it depends on how much money they have in reserve, how cleanly they want to cut the cord (completely new career vs. keeping an agent, having another job, but still looking to work).

Everybody who tries to act professionally has to now how difficult it is establish a consistent career and all the rejection that's involved. But I still empathize if they're otherwise decent people.

by Anonymousreply 170May 13, 2022 7:35 PM

The guy who played Elvin on the Cosby show - his career stalled and he had to pay his fucking bills, so he was working at Trader Joes. I'm sure he didn't want to, but there should be absolutely no shame in doing it. He needed work, and probably wanted flexible hours since his foot was still in the acting door. And he didn't bitch on social media about his stalled acting career - someone recognized him and put it out there on social media that he was working at TJs. People made fun of him, but I respect the hell of of him. I get that Matarzarro is frustrated and disappointed, anyone would be. But such is life.

by Anonymousreply 171May 13, 2022 7:50 PM

There used to be a club that ran on Thursday nights somewhere in Silver Lake (or maybe Los Feliz?). For the life of my I can't remember what it was called. I think it moved over to The Echo at some point.

Anyway, I was there with a good friend around 2003 and Heather was there. My friend knew her a little. Wow. I've never ever met such a raging, cunty bitch. She was entitled. Spoiled. Just terrible.

I tend to like most people. Even difficult people. But man did I instantly dislike her.

by Anonymousreply 172May 13, 2022 9:03 PM

I didn't think that was boring, R172

by Anonymousreply 173May 13, 2022 9:07 PM

Actually people rallied around Geoffrey Owens (elvin) after that woman took his photo and tried to work shame him. That was one of the few things that brought social media together in the last few years. Owens and the rest of the cast lost a significant amount of their Cosby show residuals after the show was pulled because of the Cosby scandal.

by Anonymousreply 174May 13, 2022 9:14 PM

What brought everyone together was the idea that he needed to be shamed. Geoffrey Owens already had side hustles: teaching Shakespeare workshops, acting coach, Trader Joe’s. Mind you, Owens studied English at Yale and has a different skill set.

by Anonymousreply 175May 13, 2022 9:47 PM

I hope Lyft and Uber ban her.

by Anonymousreply 176May 13, 2022 10:05 PM

"Even considered driving for Lyft?"

That makes it sound like driving for Lyft is the last thing any human being would consider doing to maintain a roof over their head. It's not that bad.

by Anonymousreply 177May 13, 2022 10:10 PM

Chad Allen had the right idea. Roles dry up. Find something more fulfilling you can live with. You don’t have to have a doctorate.

by Anonymousreply 178May 13, 2022 10:28 PM

I'm sure the lockdown due to pandemic just made options worse for her.

by Anonymousreply 179May 13, 2022 10:39 PM

This is exactly why I didn't go into that industry.

I liked Jon Hamm's take on it. Supposedly he told himself that if he hadn't "made it" by 35, he would do something else because clinging on past that hoping seemed pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 180May 13, 2022 10:56 PM

I think her co-star in "Welcome To The Dollhouse" committed suicide, but the family listed it as natural causes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181May 13, 2022 11:09 PM

R162 I'll never understand why so many actors see conventions as "beneath" them. I have a friend who a supporting cast member on minor a sci-fi show eons ago, that now does conventions. She says that they're a blast and she brings in $5,000-$7,000 a day.

by Anonymousreply 182May 13, 2022 11:15 PM

Does her pussy stink?

by Anonymousreply 183May 13, 2022 11:25 PM

I’m assuming she’s a bit autistic based on her performances. That might not be helping matters.

by Anonymousreply 184May 13, 2022 11:51 PM

I forgot Faber had died. I don't think it was suicide. I think it was a drug induced heart attack.

by Anonymousreply 185May 14, 2022 12:08 AM

I think she actually looks good…hope she finds something to sustain her.

by Anonymousreply 186May 14, 2022 12:11 AM

R181 Faber died of Arteriosclerosis, not suicide. A link to his coroner report.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187May 14, 2022 12:34 AM

She's sorry for scaring everyone

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188May 14, 2022 1:32 AM

Too little, too late.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189May 14, 2022 1:47 AM

R177 cheer up, there's always McDonalds or Real Estate!

by Anonymousreply 190May 14, 2022 1:50 AM

Why not just live with your parents and lie when you got spotted working a regular job?

I've...heard people do that

by Anonymousreply 191May 14, 2022 1:58 AM

No one told her the "geeky" girl never becomes famous? Just the pretty one does.

by Anonymousreply 192May 14, 2022 2:00 AM

Whatever did happen to Nikki Blonsky?

by Anonymousreply 193May 14, 2022 2:00 AM

Jussie can help her get attention.

by Anonymousreply 194May 14, 2022 2:01 AM

She was great in Dollhouse, but her weird look and quirkiness don't really translate well into an older person. Her mistake was not going for her Plan B, and just being excited she was in a few hits.

by Anonymousreply 195May 14, 2022 2:01 AM

get over it wiener dog face! 🤡😁🤪

by Anonymousreply 196May 14, 2022 2:11 AM

Yup, every young actor should know when to give it up and get into selling cars, or real estate - lots of failed actors in real estate.

by Anonymousreply 197May 14, 2022 2:11 AM

Studio executive: "Oh yes. Instead of Natalie Portman lets hire the lesbian with the gummy ugly smile, double chin, weird jaw, overbite, and some questionable herpes looking thing in her nostril."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198May 14, 2022 2:51 AM

Heather was born to play exploitation/porn director Roberta Findlay in a biopic (if she could get her voice and mannerisms down). Roberta was/is a real whackadoodle character so it would be a great role for her to take on and might inspire others to hire her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199May 14, 2022 2:57 AM

Fan conventions book people who played a zombie in 1 episode of Walking Dead. They book the kids on bikes from Back to the Future. There's money out there for Heather if she wants it.

by Anonymousreply 200May 14, 2022 3:09 AM

R13 has it right. Not driven enough. One needs laser focus, including on building a great industry support network. Hollywood is bone tough, and if you don't have that, you better have a second career, otherwise you're going to be permanently depressed.

by Anonymousreply 201May 14, 2022 3:19 AM

Yeah I mean, a listers get rejected all the time. Look at angoloony jolie, desperate to be cleopatra and never got the gig....

by Anonymousreply 202May 14, 2022 3:27 AM

One has to be innovate if Hollywood doesn't work out.

Have your twat scanned for NFT art.

by Anonymousreply 203May 14, 2022 3:31 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204May 14, 2022 3:38 AM

Why didnt she just suck off and massage Weinstein? Worked for Jennifer.

by Anonymousreply 205May 14, 2022 3:46 AM

R37, totally, that's a great idea

by Anonymousreply 206May 14, 2022 4:08 AM

Heather hasn't got that hard core like me. She never learned to roll with the punches. And, believe me, in this business they come left, right and below the belt.

by Anonymousreply 207May 14, 2022 4:37 AM

There's people who do that, R37. But actors have to be willing to avail themselves of those services, and if they do, continue to listen to the planner's advice.

by Anonymousreply 208May 14, 2022 5:09 AM

When I think of Heather’s acting the word ‘earnest’ comes to mind. I find it appealing, but there’s not a lot of roles that need that quality.

by Anonymousreply 209May 14, 2022 11:30 AM

Twitter is NO ONE's friend.

by Anonymousreply 210May 14, 2022 12:12 PM

I know lots of working small-time actors in NYC. If you’re here for any amount of time, in any capacity, you’ll get to know some. They all have actual jobs: temping, gig driving,restaurant work (waiting, hosting, bartending), real estate, substitute teaching, personal trainer, sugar baby, etc.

There’s no shame in making a honest living, no matter what it is. I have more respect for the barback at my local pub than I do any politician.

by Anonymousreply 211May 14, 2022 1:14 PM

We still haven't heard more about Philly sportscaster with the big weiner.

by Anonymousreply 212May 14, 2022 2:46 PM

She should go back to school and get training for a profession.

by Anonymousreply 213May 14, 2022 2:59 PM

There must be something for her to do on the new Make Way For Lucy comedy series.

by Anonymousreply 214May 14, 2022 3:02 PM

That's

GANG WAY FOR LUCY!

by Anonymousreply 215May 14, 2022 6:30 PM

So she’s too good to do Lyft, OnlyFans, or Chaturbate?

by Anonymousreply 216May 15, 2022 1:09 AM

No one wants to see those hanging beef curtains

by Anonymousreply 217May 15, 2022 3:42 AM

At least it's worth SOMETHING, R18

by Anonymousreply 218May 15, 2022 6:29 AM

I don't really understand this, did she not get the memo? Everyone knows that surviving as an actress, model, writer, etc....(in short, as a 'creative') is almost impossible. What, did she think she was different? That's why many actors go to college and study or train in other things before, during or even after becoming actors.

For instance, I was surprised to find out that Gerard Butler was a trainee lawyer before his big break or that Hugh Jackman worked as a PE teacher.

by Anonymousreply 219May 15, 2022 7:39 AM

R203, you need a certain level of knowledge for the art market.

I love it when ordinary people think they can just 'jump in'

by Anonymousreply 220May 15, 2022 7:50 AM

She's an ugly dyke. Thread closed.

Like her coffin - soon.

by Anonymousreply 221May 15, 2022 10:03 AM

Cremation. They have no money for a coffin.

by Anonymousreply 222May 15, 2022 7:01 PM

R219 When she got let go from 90210, Hillary Swank thought it was over for her and started looking at other things. I saw her on some TV show (I think it was Sunday Morning) and she said she got as far as signing up for GED classes and picking up college catalogs before she got the part in Boys Don't Cry.

by Anonymousreply 223May 16, 2022 12:58 AM

I was all set to play Brandon Teena until Hilary took that part from me, not to mention my Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 224May 16, 2022 2:25 AM

I was going to play Brandon Teena but Gary talked me…..oh wait I was dead!

by Anonymousreply 225May 16, 2022 2:35 AM

With a little bit of styling and massive weight loss, she could play Amy Winehouse.

by Anonymousreply 226May 16, 2022 3:59 AM

^ Even if she were considered, she’d lose the role to Lady Gaga.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227May 16, 2022 6:20 AM

I loved her in "Welcome to the Dollhouse" and "Saved". She was very good at offbeat dark comedy. I followed her on Instagram for some time but found her insufferable. She seems very angry and bitter, and often livestreams while she's smoking pot/cigarettes on her porch. She has recently been begging her followers to donate money to crowdfund an all-women cast/crew film project she's involved with. I get the impression that she is a very dour, nasty bitch in real life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228October 15, 2022 1:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!