Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I just got a Dyson Cordless Vacuum!

It's life-changing. Not having to pull out the heavy corded upright vacuum and be tethered to a cord makes all the difference. I now am much more likely to grab the Dyson and just give the kitchen a quick vacuuming. Same with other rooms. If you've never used a cordless vacuum, you don't know what you're missing.

To save some money, check out Ebay.

by Anonymousreply 25May 18, 2022 1:05 PM

I love my Dyson. I do much more cleaning now that I don't have to plug in a machine.

by Anonymousreply 1May 10, 2022 7:12 PM

I have a Dyson as well, would never go back to a corded vacuum. Incredible how long it maintains its charge, can hoover both upstairs and down and still have plenty of juice remaining.

by Anonymousreply 2May 10, 2022 7:25 PM

Thanks Greg. No doubt this will make cleaning up after dinner parties a bit more of a breeze.

by Anonymousreply 3May 10, 2022 7:38 PM

[quote] Thanks Greg. No doubt this will make cleaning up after dinner parties a bit more of a breeze.

True. But I really like it for just everyday cleaning.

by Anonymousreply 4May 10, 2022 7:44 PM

This is my third Dyson and my first cordless, I agree it is a real game changer, I love it.

by Anonymousreply 5May 11, 2022 8:25 AM

the best vacuum of all is one that you will use regularly ............

by Anonymousreply 6May 11, 2022 8:30 AM

[quote] the best vacuum of all is one that you will use regularly ............

Absolutely right! This Dyson cordless is a dream to use and I'm much more inclined to take it out to use it than I was with my upright corded vacuum.

by Anonymousreply 7May 11, 2022 2:40 PM

Thank you for this information. I will stand by for a thread about the Salad Shooter.

by Anonymousreply 8May 11, 2022 2:44 PM

Is the OP Greg the guy whose thread I was reading recently about his Easter buffet feast?

by Anonymousreply 9May 11, 2022 2:54 PM

[quote] Is the OP Greg the guy whose thread I was reading recently about his Easter buffet feast?

Yes, that's me.

by Anonymousreply 10May 11, 2022 3:00 PM

Notice Consumer Reports does not currently recommend any cordless stick vacuums because of the generally high incidence of problems reported by our members. The problems can include batteries that diminish in power over time or die completely. Such problems are particularly acute by the fifth year of ownership.

by Anonymousreply 11May 11, 2022 3:06 PM

R10 Ok thanks for confirming that. I thought that after reading R8 I had been duped into replying to a joke thread. As I said this is my third Dyson, my first was the big heavy upright, then I move onto the lighter ball upright. Recently I bought my first cordless and I love it. I didn’t get the most expensive model as I am in a 100sq ft apartment with only the bedrooms carpeted. It really does make vacuuming so much easier without dragging the cord around, plus with this one I can reach right underneath the beds as it lays flat. It must make cleaning stairs much easier if you have them.

I enjoyed reading about your Easter feast, it sounded delicious. To be honest I thought that was maybe a parody thread at first, after you said that people are asking me about my Easter menu. You obviously must be well known on here for your food posts. I will keep an eye out for them in the future.

by Anonymousreply 12May 11, 2022 3:15 PM

I love my Dyson cordless. My condo is wall-to-wall carpet with the exception of the bathrooms, office, and kitchen. I'm almost able to vacuum my entire place on one charge. I even use it to vacuum the bathroom with Cos's litter box. I, stupidly, had the floor tiled so there's usually litter between the tiles. The Dyson gets it all. I have a Shark VacMop for the kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 13May 11, 2022 3:23 PM

[quote] I love my Dyson cordless. My condo is wall-to-wall carpet with the exception of the bathrooms, office, and kitchen. I'm almost able to vacuum my entire place on one charge. I even use it to vacuum the bathroom with Cos's litter box. I, stupidly, had the floor tiled so there's usually litter between the tiles. The Dyson gets it all. I have a Shark VacMop for the kitchen.

Thanks, R13. Do you recommend the Shark VacMop? I'll have to look that up—I'm not sure what it is.

by Anonymousreply 14May 11, 2022 3:47 PM

Hello, R12! Thank you for your nice note. Yes, the Dyson vacuums are pretty expensive, but I found one on Ebay and save quite a bit of money. And you're right, it gets under the bed and other pieces of furniture quite nicely. And it makes vacuuming stairs much easier.

Glad you liked my Easter menu post. I love posting about food and how I like to prepare it. You will find that there are some who think I'm a fraud or who like to say unkind things about and to me. That's DL! Nice to meet you!

by Anonymousreply 15May 11, 2022 3:51 PM

R14, I love my Shark VacMop! Instead of sweeping the floor, and not being able to pick up what doesn't go into the dustpan, you just vacuum the floor. Then, instead of getting a mop or Swiffer WetJet (which I also have), you just press the button and mop the floor. When the pad gets dirty, or the part that retains what you vacuumed gets full, you just push a button and that falls into garbage can. Check out the link below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 11, 2022 4:03 PM

[quote]Is the OP Greg the guy whose thread I was reading recently about his Easter buffet feast?

Greg's clearly a woman, as is R12.

by Anonymousreply 17May 11, 2022 4:20 PM

[quote] Greg's clearly a woman, as is [R12].

Women must love you, R17, for sharing such enlightened opinions.

by Anonymousreply 18May 11, 2022 5:15 PM

Bumping this thread

Does anyone have a Miele vacuum cleaner? They're pretty pricey, but at the lowest end you can get one for $350. Not cordless, but the last Shark I bought was such cheap junk & Consumer Reports doesn't seem very impressed by Dyson. Since I'm working at home now, having a clean house is more important than ever.

by Anonymousreply 19May 18, 2022 11:02 AM

I just spent way too much buying a Dyson V15 Detect Absolute. I love it! It is quite the workhorse, pulling up dirt and dust you didn’t know you had. It was a bit embarrassing at first as it filled up in every room; however, now that the floors are truly clean it is easy to keep them that way. Also, it is amazing at cleaning upholstered furniture!

by Anonymousreply 20May 18, 2022 12:03 PM

I have a maid, so I couldn't care less about cord or cordless whatever vacuum. Just point my finger!

by Anonymousreply 21May 18, 2022 12:04 PM

R19 I have a Miele. It is a great workhorse vacuum. Relatively quiet, a lot of power and an ultra-long cord (though cordless would be nice). Are they really $350 in the US? I didn’t realize there was such a discrepancy between EU and US pricing on these.

by Anonymousreply 22May 18, 2022 1:00 PM

I have a couple Shark cordless vacuums. I keep one in the kitchen pantry. They really are great for “sweeping”.

by Anonymousreply 23May 18, 2022 1:04 PM

Get back to us when the battery stops holding a charge.

by Anonymousreply 24May 18, 2022 1:04 PM

$350 is the *very* low end for Miele; on average, they're about $800-1,200. I've been thinking about buying a Miele because while they are expensive, people do seem to love them and Dysons get very mixed reviews (supposedly the batteries don't last long on the new Dyson cordless ones).

by Anonymousreply 25May 18, 2022 1:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!