Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Steve Schmidt READS Meghan McCain for FILTH

[...]

by Anonymousreply 600May 19, 2022 5:04 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 1May 8, 2022 2:24 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 2May 8, 2022 2:28 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 3May 8, 2022 2:28 AM

Keep going, Steve!

by Anonymousreply 4May 8, 2022 2:31 AM

Should not have dragged Cindy McCain into his feud.

by Anonymousreply 5May 8, 2022 2:31 AM

Collateral damage. It's not like the pill addict is a saint.

by Anonymousreply 6May 8, 2022 2:33 AM

[quote]she trades on a famous name like a fourth generation wannabe clipping coupons while pretending to be an heir

Shits fired!

by Anonymousreply 7May 8, 2022 2:33 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 8May 8, 2022 2:40 AM

I hope he harpoons her like Queequeg harpoons other white whales.

by Anonymousreply 9May 8, 2022 2:50 AM

I take it he has a book or something to push to the obsessives?

and btw Queequeg just scratched the white whale before it killed him

by Anonymousreply 10May 8, 2022 3:02 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 11May 8, 2022 3:08 AM

[quote]I take it he has a book or something to push to the obsessives?

He apparently doesn't, r10.

by Anonymousreply 12May 8, 2022 3:08 AM

Has the fat whale responded?

by Anonymousreply 13May 8, 2022 3:11 AM

Lordy, wow, WOW

by Anonymousreply 14May 8, 2022 3:19 AM

why does he not sue the witch for defamation?

by Anonymousreply 15May 8, 2022 3:19 AM

Damn, MM fucked around and found out that you do not push Steve Schmidt past that point.

by Anonymousreply 16May 8, 2022 3:25 AM

And of course Glenn Greenwald rushed to Meghan's defense.

by Anonymousreply 17May 8, 2022 3:28 AM

Well Steve is of course NUTS. but fun to read.

by Anonymousreply 18May 8, 2022 3:47 AM

Why was Meghan calling him a pedo in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 19May 8, 2022 3:48 AM

Because it is what they do.

by Anonymousreply 20May 8, 2022 3:51 AM

[quote] Why was Meghan calling him a pedo in the first place?

On google I can't find Meghan McCain calling Schmidt a pedophile. It was his Lincoln Project partner John Weaver who was messing with early teen boys

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 8, 2022 4:01 AM

I’d eat his ass.

by Anonymousreply 22May 8, 2022 4:04 AM

Daaaaaaaaaamn….he even reveals St John spending his 70th with a Russian oligarch.

by Anonymousreply 23May 8, 2022 4:08 AM

This one is so good it ought to be fattening, but then Meghan would eat it.

[quote]When I kicked @MeghanMcCain off of the 2008 McCain plane, because of her outrageous behavior, I talked to her mom and explained what was happening and why. [bold]Cindy got weepy and said “I just want to say I raised two good sons”[/bold] I said “everyone knows you did”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 8, 2022 4:20 AM

[quote]Cindy got weepy and said “I just want to say I raised two good sons”

No love for Bridget?

by Anonymousreply 25May 8, 2022 4:24 AM

he described the outrage behavior as tantrums and abuse. It was a distraction and wasted the Senator and his staff's time.

by Anonymousreply 26May 8, 2022 4:36 AM

R21 Meghan 'liked' a tweet that called Schmidt a pedo, which is what set all of this off.

by Anonymousreply 27May 8, 2022 4:38 AM

I do wonder if behind the scenes Schmidt is laughing at how Dems lap all of this up though since it's how he makes a bucketload of money through donations to The Lincoln Project:

[quote]According to numerous people interviewed by Amanda Becker of The 19th, Schmidt frequently referred to the Lincoln Project as a means of securing “generational wealth.” [...] The Lincoln Project enabled him to purchase a $1.4 million “Mountain Modern” custom home (which he’s now trying to flip for over twice that amount).

by Anonymousreply 28May 8, 2022 4:40 AM

I'd certainly never give a cent to the Lincoln Project but I'm here for him tearing Meghan McCain to shreds.

by Anonymousreply 29May 8, 2022 4:50 AM

I didn't know about McCain's ties to Russia and that he was involved with Davis & Manafort long before Trump was. A remarkable set of tweets.

Obviously, you don't want to provoke Smith.

by Anonymousreply 30May 8, 2022 4:53 AM

grifting = generational wealth? whatever.

by Anonymousreply 31May 8, 2022 5:00 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 32May 8, 2022 5:03 AM

^ Shit just got real

by Anonymousreply 33May 8, 2022 5:20 AM

Now he is including scenes from GAME CHANGE

by Anonymousreply 34May 8, 2022 5:50 AM

I never brought into the McCain is a hero bullshit! I always knew he was Garbage along with the rest of his family. Sarah Palin made it possible for Trump to enter American politics and created the mess we live with today in this country. Sarah Palin was nothing and is nothing but a chaos agent.

America is filled with way to many stupid white people. And that's always been the case. Always, from this rotten countries founding.

America will be dissolved before this century is over with. And you can blame the Republican party right wing media and the entire American right. Those people never cared about America. All they care about is Self!

by Anonymousreply 35May 8, 2022 5:54 AM

While the slams against Princess Megan are entertaining I am most interested in his allusions to McCain being corrupt. I mean, I myself knew that McCain was a corrupt asshole and scumbag but the guy has been a sacred cow for so long among the chattering classes. I was very surprised to see him appear to slight the Sainted Hero Martyr John McCain. I'm wondering just what info he has about him that bothers his conscience so much.

by Anonymousreply 36May 8, 2022 5:57 AM

[quote] America is filled with way to many stupid white people

Yes r35. Don't you mean "too" ?

by Anonymousreply 37May 8, 2022 6:02 AM

The pedo thing is in relation to John Weaver.

by Anonymousreply 38May 8, 2022 6:04 AM

Reading these tweets, I think Megan is like that girl from Inventing Anna. Both their fathers attempted to shield the harshness of the world from them and gave them false security.

Anna’s father was a hard working man who made sacrifices to support his family but Anna only saw money. She grew up believing she was heir to a fortune. I believe John McCain did the same. He never showed Megan the struggles of power so she assumes she was born with authority. Her father is heralded as a hero, so as his daughter, she is entitled to that same grace.

by Anonymousreply 39May 8, 2022 6:06 AM

All Republicans are garbage, because they're Republicans!

by Anonymousreply 40May 8, 2022 6:06 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 41May 8, 2022 6:06 AM

Steve must be a Datalounger:

They were epic meltdowns that would test the range of Meryl Streep, Kate Winslett, Jodi Foster and Anne Hathaway on their best days. Raging, screaming, crying, at the staff, at the makeup people at Secret Service.

A+

by Anonymousreply 42May 8, 2022 6:10 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 43May 8, 2022 6:12 AM

Even John Weaver wasn't a pedo though.

by Anonymousreply 44May 8, 2022 6:14 AM

Wow, that was certainly something.

I guess you get to a point where you’re just sick and tired of people maligning you.

Good for Steve.

It’s hysterical that the cow has only sold 250 books.

Who in their right mind gives these people money for a book? They knew everybody hated her from the tv show she was on. Did she get an advance?

by Anonymousreply 45May 8, 2022 7:36 AM

I am sure she got an advance. She is a name. You can be widely unpopular and still sell a book if you have a niche. But I think she really doesn't and that may not have been understood.

by Anonymousreply 46May 8, 2022 11:15 AM

Here’s the thread roll up. What a takedown of the McCain legacy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 8, 2022 11:18 AM

Dude was up early continuing to fire off tweets. It is satisfying but a decade too late. Palin was a precursor to Dump. Dumps time in office marks a decline of the US as a superpower . Cleaning up Dumps mess will take decades.

by Anonymousreply 48May 8, 2022 11:57 AM

So who is the Russian connected guy he keeps referring to? He names Manafort so it’s not him.

by Anonymousreply 49May 8, 2022 12:11 PM

r23, that was such a big deal at the time that people thought McCain had just lost his chance to run for president! We used to mention it on here a lot but that was so long ago I'd completely forgotten about it until just now when I read Steve's thread.

Some of this was mentioned back in 2016 in an article that didn't really get much traction. It was posted here and no one replied. It made the news back in the period immediately after Trump "won" the election and everyone was so stunned and focused on trying to get him out before inauguration (a fool's errant, but nonetheless a popular idea) that this just flew over everyone's heads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50May 8, 2022 12:15 PM

R49, do you mean "Uncle Rick?" That's Rick Davis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51May 8, 2022 12:16 PM

I can't find the recent pedo accusation outta Meghan's whore mouth, but apparently she really HAS called the Lincoln Project a "pedo ring." Unbelievable. How has she not been sued?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52May 8, 2022 12:19 PM

R52 - that’s the Republican go-to - IT’S A PEDO RING!! The pedos, though, always turn out to be Republican.

by Anonymousreply 53May 8, 2022 12:22 PM

[quote]Sarah Palin made it possible for Trump to enter American politics and created the mess we live with today in this country. Sarah Palin was nothing and is nothing but a chaos agent.

And Schmidt says the person in charge of vetting Palin was a Putin guy.

"The person I’m talking about, is the one who was in charge of VETTING the VP candidate. True. Putin’s guy, the one who was Victor Yanukovich’s henchman was in charge of ALL of the DUE DILIGENCE around Palin."

by Anonymousreply 54May 8, 2022 12:38 PM

This Rolling Stone article has been posted in the past on DL but worth reposting for those who haven't seen it. Long read but worthwhile about spoiled entitled John and his "volcanic temper" and crashing of planes, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55May 8, 2022 12:38 PM

It's important to remember a couple things here. First, people like Steve Schmidt had the opportunity to speak up when it really mattered, ie while this shit was happening, and they didn't. Second, just because people like Steve Schmidt have suddenly found the occasional GOPer so repulsive that they actually appear agree with us doesn't mean they are on our side or give two shits about us. They are not our allies.

All that said, it is sure is fun watching GOPers eat their own.

by Anonymousreply 56May 8, 2022 12:39 PM

A former Lincoln Project member is a closeted gay man, (not Schmidt) who offered twinks access in exchange for sex. Twinks aren't necessarily under-aged but that is partly the basis for the accusation. The main reason the accusation is used is because this is the worst insult to toss. The law and odor types are often found guilty for creating the WORST CRIMES IMAGINABLE. One of 'em just won a primary while in prison for killing his wife!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57May 8, 2022 12:40 PM

It didn't start with Palin. It started with Dubya. I mean the GOP has always been a racist, bigoted party. All Trump did was bring it out into the open, but as far as stupidity, that started under Dubya.

by Anonymousreply 58May 8, 2022 12:41 PM

[quote]All Trump did was bring it out into the open, but as far as stupidity, that started under Dubya.

Reagan wasn't exactly a MENSA candidate.

by Anonymousreply 59May 8, 2022 12:43 PM

My historic gown pattern book has sold far more copies.

Steve is Family. I bet the rage releasing sex is fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 60May 8, 2022 12:47 PM

The dumbest decision of my life wasn’t picking Palin. It was leaving John McCain alone with her. @MeghanMcCain . That was really dumb and I’m sorry for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61May 8, 2022 12:52 PM

Thanks r51

by Anonymousreply 62May 8, 2022 12:52 PM

GOOD FOR HIM.

I am sick to death of Repubs, GQP, and MAGATs using the term "pedophile" for anyone they just don't like: actors, teachers, Democrats, LBGs, ect. They lie ALL OF THE TIME. Then you find out the real pedophiles --yet again-- are one of their church leaders, boy scout leaders, political party people, and on and on. ONE OF THEM!!!

His description of Moo McCain sounds like so many fat Repub Fraus (or their daughters) that I know. All "Veruca Salt". I applaud Schimt for not letting Moo lie about him any longer and for laying it all out like that.

GOOD FOR HIM!

by Anonymousreply 63May 8, 2022 12:54 PM

Nixon was when the GOP became the party of criminals, and Reagan was when they became the party of low-intelligence figureheads elected to distract from what others with evil agendas were doing.

I don't know when the Repugs became the party of Russia but it wouldn't surprise me if it was under W. The key players like Stone and Manafort had been around since the early 1970s but I don't think anyone knows for sure when they became Russian assets.

Someone who always gets forgotten in all this is Bob Dole, who was involved in Watergate more than people realize (it's hinted at in All the President's Men) and who in the 1990s registered to lobby for the very same Oleg Deripaska in this McCain story, and Bob Dole helped him get his visa back in the 2000s as well. Based on that, I'd say the Russian influence began in the 1990s, probably almost immediately after the wall fell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64May 8, 2022 12:56 PM

did she suck him off or allow a few trains to be run on her during that meeting? She is not an impressive thinker and is poorly spoken.

by Anonymousreply 65May 8, 2022 12:56 PM

From r55’s link:

[quote] John Sidney McCain III and George Walker Bush both represent the third generation of American dynasties. Both were born into positions of privilege against which they rebelled into mediocrity. Both developed an uncanny social intelligence that allowed them to skate by with a minimum of mental exertion. Both struggled with booze and loutish behavior. At each step, with the aid of their fathers’ powerful friends, both failed upward. And both shed their skins as Episcopalian members of the Washington elite to build political careers as self-styled, ranch-inhabiting Westerners who pray to Jesus in their wives’ evangelical churches.

[quote]In one vital respect, however, the comparison is deeply unfair to the current president: George W. Bush was a much better pilot.

by Anonymousreply 66May 8, 2022 12:59 PM

McCain had a very hawkish reflexive response to Putin's invasion of Georgia in 2008. He was not corrupted by Russia like Trump. The fact that some of his campaign aides had sleazy ties does not change this. At the time many liberal commentators said it showed McCain was a war-monger and hothead.

Meghan is awful. Rick Davis and Manafort are awful. McCain was mostly bad. But not every bit of transitive guilt should stick.

by Anonymousreply 67May 8, 2022 1:22 PM

The problem is not that he himself was a Russian asset but that he, along with a lot of people in the RNC upper establishment, turned a blind eye to the brazen infiltration of Russian assets into their party and their proxies (NRA, evangelical Christianity, etc) And it goes much further back than 2015/16.

by Anonymousreply 68May 8, 2022 1:29 PM

McCain's 20 million dollar haul from the Russian money laundering NRA was the largest recipient of the pipeline.

by Anonymousreply 69May 8, 2022 1:32 PM

She needs to be sued for slander. Every single one of these repugs who call anyone a pedophile needs to be sued. Sue one, win millions and they’ll all shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 70May 8, 2022 1:37 PM

[Quote] McCain had a very hawkish reflexive response to Putin's invasion of Georgia in 2008.

Please, McCain response to absolutely everything was to suggest we start a war

by Anonymousreply 71May 8, 2022 1:37 PM

Exactly, R71. The Republican party has become so despicable that McCain is considered one of the "good" ones

by Anonymousreply 72May 8, 2022 1:42 PM

I’M FRIENDS WITH CLAY AIKEN!!!!

by Anonymousreply 73May 8, 2022 1:44 PM

I really hope she sees this one. Her "My father" crap is like a punchline now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74May 8, 2022 1:44 PM

I went to bed last night thinking this would've made the Sunday news cycle. Unfortunately, not a peep yet.

by Anonymousreply 75May 8, 2022 1:56 PM

of course MM read those tweets, all of them. MeAgain is being trolled mercilessly for propping her poorly selling memoir on her father's headstone for a pic. The both sides are just as bad as the other BS is just that bullshit. There is no depths to their low.

by Anonymousreply 76May 8, 2022 1:58 PM

AMEN, R70! I wish they would start suing those lying shitheads!

by Anonymousreply 77May 8, 2022 1:59 PM

Whataboutism sounds best in Russian, R75. It's the language of bothsiderism.

by Anonymousreply 78May 8, 2022 2:01 PM

Same here R75. I understand the SCOTUS leak/Roe strikedown is a big deal, as is “Dr. Jill takes a wrong turn and ends up in Ukraine” but DAMN! I want some TEA SERVED!

by Anonymousreply 79May 8, 2022 2:04 PM

Suing Republicans, even if you’re not a pedo, could be a tricky proposition if you have ANY skeletons in your closet at all, because they’d drag all of them out.

by Anonymousreply 80May 8, 2022 2:04 PM

All of a sudden, I have hankering to watch "Chinatown" again!

by Anonymousreply 81May 8, 2022 2:05 PM

Matt Gaetz literally send young chicks $ on venmo for sex. He's out there liek he isn't trash. Why should Dems worry?

by Anonymousreply 82May 8, 2022 2:06 PM

sends*

by Anonymousreply 83May 8, 2022 2:06 PM

Through one shady DC firm. ThTs all it takes.

That one firm ran the 96 Dole Campaign ( legendary theft reported. 08 McCain. 16 Trump. It’s two guys. It was all in the open just like @WINRED and @HolmesJosh . Kushner took 2B from the Saudis

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 8, 2022 2:08 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85May 8, 2022 2:09 PM

I’m Elon Muskyass, and I approve this free speech!

by Anonymousreply 86May 8, 2022 2:13 PM

everyone has a skeleton in the closet. Does this mean someone can slander you as the p word? Disney Inc ought to sue DeSantis.

by Anonymousreply 87May 8, 2022 2:13 PM

[quote]Disney Inc ought to sue DeSantis.

Disney shouldn't have given money to DeSantis campaign in the first place. How about that?

It's a little hard to feel sympathy for those who helped contribute financially to this mess we're in.

by Anonymousreply 88May 8, 2022 2:15 PM

No, it doesn’t mean people can slander you. But there may be other things people don’t want out there, and Republicans would play dirty.

by Anonymousreply 89May 8, 2022 2:16 PM

We are getting all the answers to the questions and it's grim.

I need to add as required, whenever Manaforts name appears.. Wilbur Ross was head of Cyprus Bank where Paul Manafort laundered his money 💰 Wilbur Ross was head of Cyprus Bank where Paul Manafort laundered his money 💰 Then trump hired Wilbur Ross as US Secretary of Commerce

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90May 8, 2022 2:16 PM

WHEW!

I'd stick needles in my eyes before I'd ever have any social media account, but, for my entertainment dollar, I'm sure glad other people do.

I've cooled on President Obama. I was madly in love with him at one time, but, in the words of Cole Porter our "affair" was "...too hot not to cool down."

I'm thinking of Obama's eulogy for McCain. I couldn't put my finger on it, but, it seemed like Obama, as usual, was an engaging speaker, and landed some good one-liners, but I thought I detected some tentativeness and ambiguity while he delivered his remarks.

Reading this, I now know why.

Obama knew better than anybody about all the behind-the-scenes Schmit about McCain.

And McCain had the last laugh in cornering Obama to deliver remarks at his funeral. Obama even joked about that.

I knew somebody who worked in DC during McCain's Senate career. He told me it was well known what an asshole McCain was.

by Anonymousreply 91May 8, 2022 2:17 PM

You can thank The View in large part for helping to rehabilitate and whitewash John McCain's legacy as well as trying to make his untalented, insufferable daughter happen. They created and enabled this monster. This is largely on them.

And they're still doing it in part by having Cindy McCain on as a frequent panelist.

by Anonymousreply 92May 8, 2022 2:18 PM

The View has a problem. They want to have SOME diversity of views, but they can't abide where the GOP actually is today. That explains the interest in the McCain women.

by Anonymousreply 93May 8, 2022 2:20 PM

Yes, Steve! YES!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94May 8, 2022 2:21 PM

These p word accusations are more than slanderous , it's dangerous. See Comet Pizza as an example.

by Anonymousreply 95May 8, 2022 2:25 PM

Manafort? Was convicted and pardoned by 45. Think about it for a second.

by Anonymousreply 96May 8, 2022 2:27 PM

The story of American corruption in Ukraine starts here.

It starts in John McCain’s operation, not Trumps. @MeghanMcCain ,did you know that your dad was taken on Oleg Deripaskas yacht in Montenegro for his 70th Birthday by his top aide?

It was a McCain guy who represented the interests of the Russian Government in the Montenegro Independence referendum.

Weaver was aghast.

This is why the campaign went KABOOM in July of 2008 and your father went from front runner to middle seat 9:12 PM · May 7, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97May 8, 2022 2:30 PM

When you slander (or liable) someone --especially with the term "pedophile"-- you can keep them from deserved job opportunities, promotions, chances at relationships and friendships, and general esteem. WHICH IS THE POINT!

They are trash scum even if they are never rightfully sued for their lies

by Anonymousreply 98May 8, 2022 2:32 PM

Who’s disputing you, R98?

by Anonymousreply 99May 8, 2022 2:33 PM

r98, those accusations can get someone killed.

by Anonymousreply 100May 8, 2022 2:34 PM

Just leaving it there for when the "Christian" fraus get out of church and stop over here to teach us all how to be, R99. Or when Defuckto chimes in.

by Anonymousreply 101May 8, 2022 2:36 PM

Agree, R100. They would consider it a 'perk" I'm sure!

by Anonymousreply 102May 8, 2022 2:38 PM

Comet Ping Pong (often abbreviated as Comet) is a pizzeria, restaurant, and concert venue located on Connecticut Avenue in Washington, D.C.'s Chevy Chase neighborhood.

Owned by James Alefantis, Comet has received critical acclaim from The Washington Post, The Washingtonian, New York magazine, the DCist, and Guy Fieri of Food Network's Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.

Comet was founded in 2006 by Alefantis and Carole Greenwood, both of whom also co-owned another restaurant on the same block.

The restaurant is the focus of the debunked Pizzagate conspiracy theory, which has been discredited by a wide variety of organizations, including the Metropolitan Police Department of the District of Columbia.

One Pizzagate activist fired a gun in the restaurant in 2016, and another started a fire in it in 2019.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103May 8, 2022 2:43 PM

And Q-loons still believe pizzagate. I wouldn’t be surprised if some still hang out there protesting or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 104May 8, 2022 2:46 PM

[quote]The law and odor types

Like Cheryl?

by Anonymousreply 105May 8, 2022 2:47 PM

I read through the McCain tweets and then I went back a bit where he unloads on JD Vance. I for one didn't know the background - that Vance worked for a Purdue Pharma lobby firm and had, as Steve calls it, a fake Opioid charity. And that his Ohio campaign is bankrolled by Peter Thiel.

by Anonymousreply 106May 8, 2022 2:54 PM

Steve Schmidt @SteveSchmidtSES

The campaign imploded over the vicious infighting between Rick Davis and John Weaver. Weaver gave an ultimatum. No Manafort. No Davis. McCain chose Davis The fight was over Ukraine and Deripaska. Everyone was laid off or quit. They are crunchy. Drawn butter good

by Anonymousreply 107May 8, 2022 3:04 PM

Gee, think he could have revealed all this FOURTEEN years ago?!

by Anonymousreply 108May 8, 2022 3:06 PM

[quote] And that his Ohio campaign is bankrolled by Peter Thiel.

Thiel frightens me.

Anytime a human being combines fear of the truth- he didn't roll with Gawker outing him, he made sure he buried it- and has billions to suppress it, and now bankrolls right-wing candidates, well, that's a person who has earned at least a wary eye.

by Anonymousreply 109May 8, 2022 3:09 PM

r35 Palin didn't make Trump possible. It was the thought of Obama getting then entering into the White House. Every time black people enter into a new space of power or honor there will people some white fright or resentment. Same shit we was in the 1950s-1060s when black people of means moved into white urban and suburban neighborhoods. In the city white people moved to the burbs. In the suburbs they could get very nasty.

by Anonymousreply 110May 8, 2022 3:18 PM

McCain was losing and he needed to shake things up. There were very few women in the GOP who had what was seen as the required credentials (Governor or Senator) who were pro-life. Elizabeth Dole was, but she was the same age as McCain and very boring. The optics of two white people in their 70s vs. Obama would have been terrible. Palin was young and attractive, was a governor, was pro-life. That was about all that was considered.

Today if a GOP nominee wanted to run with a pro-life woman, he would have more options than McCain did.

by Anonymousreply 111May 8, 2022 3:24 PM

What I find particularly hilarious is that now everyone is talking about what a POS with a hair-trigger temper and vengeful grudge holder John McCain was, in addition to going along with all of the Ukraine corruption and his campaign being infiltrated by Russian puppets.

If the fat bitch had kept her mouth shut and stayed off social media, none of this would've ever happened.

by Anonymousreply 112May 8, 2022 3:25 PM

Glad Steve called Greenwald what he is: Putin's boy.

Greenwald is payed by Putin and spews his filth so he can enjoy his rent boys in Brasil.

by Anonymousreply 113May 8, 2022 3:32 PM

Re the Ohio senate race, Schmidt also unloads on the New York Times for their story on the Ohio race and "access journalism".

So Political journalism is distinct from the other forms built around facts because the foundation of political journalism is prediction as opposed to reporting? For example, shouldn’t @TimRyan get a couple sentences about what he was for before the @nytimes demands he concede?

Terrible political analysis. Truly. Nonsense. Misreads the race completely. I guess the NYT didn’t talk to anyone who knew about the Sackler family blood money @JDVance1 took. Must have missed it like the @nytimes missed the opioid epidemic in Ohio for a long time.

The Times has an “access journalism” mega problem in its political shop that undermines the integrity of the entire organization. It doesn’t need to add Jimmy the Greek Journalism to the problem pile. Instead of making predictions maybe the reporting should touch on the extraordinary FINANCIAL dependency on a single billionaire named Peter Thiel. It’s corrupt and outrageous and predictably, not a word. Interesting choice to not ask Ohio voters any questions about @jdvance telling @VanityFair and @jhensonpogue that he doesn’t believe in American democracy.

Interesting omission about the fact @JDVance1 ran a fraudulent Opiod charity and is neck deep in Chinese business transactions. This is boring conventional wisdom claptrap by political reporters who aren’t interested in listening and learning as much as predicting and prognosticating. Shitty story.

The truth is, @TimRyan is the nightmare. He’s a nightmare for the Fascist cause @jdvance represents. Yes, Fascist is the right word. Read Mussolini’s 1932 speech or Hitlers Düsseldorf address to the German business community in 1932. @JDVance1 just made the same arguments to @VanityFair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114May 8, 2022 3:33 PM

Steve Schmidt has turned into Mrs. Alfred Steele!

by Anonymousreply 115May 8, 2022 3:38 PM

SLAP that bitch, Steve.

by Anonymousreply 116May 8, 2022 3:42 PM

Is that you, Janet Arnold, at r60?

by Anonymousreply 117May 8, 2022 3:57 PM

Again...the constant (false) pedophilia accusations are from the Putin Playbook. It's one of their more valuable tools.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118May 8, 2022 4:00 PM

I love Steve Schmidt. I would honestly vote for him for office. He's enough of a centrist for me and this one would fight like a bulldog unlike pretty much all other Dems. And yes, I think he would run as a Democrat. What other choice would he have considering the state of the Republican party?

by Anonymousreply 119May 8, 2022 4:05 PM

r108, That is really the point isn't it? People are enjoying MeAgain being called out but more astute people see this guy as the grifter he is.

by Anonymousreply 120May 8, 2022 4:14 PM

I love hearing about the dots being connected, but I have to agree with r108….

by Anonymousreply 121May 8, 2022 4:15 PM

If the fat bitch had just kept her mouth shut, nobody would be talking about what a POS and Russian stooge her Daddy was. But she can't help herself. Obnoxious cunts like her are eaten up with their cuntery.

by Anonymousreply 122May 8, 2022 4:20 PM

Bothsiderism.

Example? "Pizzagate Activists"

There is no pizzagate. There is no scandal. The establishment doesn't have a basement and their fantasy is centered on kids being abused in the basement of that venue.

These are no activists, these are terrorists who are holding the rest of society hostage with their pathetic obsessions.

by Anonymousreply 123May 8, 2022 4:34 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 124May 8, 2022 4:39 PM

lol, r115.

by Anonymousreply 125May 8, 2022 4:50 PM

I'm seeing speculation on twitter that Steve is actually in a bit of trouble.

@JillEHughes said: "That yacht in Fiji getting seized has a lot of GOP lead strategists and funders super mega freaked out all of a sudden."

Jill also advised him to get a lawyer. It would be a lovely thought that all of this chaos we're seeing, including the scotus leak, is because they are finally arresting some of these monsters.

Also, did you know they took down the Genovese Family 2 weeks ago?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126May 8, 2022 5:06 PM

OP..."Reads for filth?" You are really old, or a drag queen or both. She "pees" also, I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 127May 8, 2022 5:21 PM

I wonder if SS ever told any of this to Mueller…

by Anonymousreply 128May 8, 2022 5:25 PM

The pedo thing alone is why I don't want to hear from a single, fucking cockroach who defends Elon Musk, because like a big fucking baby with too much money and not enough sense, he couldn't handle criticism so he immediately called that rescuer a pedo.

And that fucker's money showed how the justice system can be bought.

by Anonymousreply 129May 8, 2022 5:32 PM

R126 can you explain what you mean? Why would he be in any trouble?

by Anonymousreply 130May 8, 2022 5:32 PM

[quote]The View has a problem. They want to have SOME diversity of views, but they can't abide where the GOP actually is today

That's a bunch of crap.

There's a million ways they can have diversity without resorting to the obligatory "moderate democrat vs. rabid right-wing conservative" format they've been dolling out since 2007. A lot of different viewpoints that it would make it interesting and compelling. But all for the genuflecting they do regarding how terrible the Republican party has become, they want nothing more than to have a conservative on the show because it 1.) makes their moderate, corporate democratic positions look good in comparison, and 2.) they have a buffer to shield them from any and all criticism.

THAT'S the real problem with the show.

There's no groundswell of support for getting another conservative on there, no matter how many times Sunny bitches and moans to the press about the need for one. The ratings for the show are the highest they've been in a while, and they were just nominated for an Emmy.

None of these conservative women lasted more than five minutes outside of their respective positions on The View. Liz, Jed, and McCain all tanked. Shit, Hasselbeck couldn't even hack it on FOX News!!

by Anonymousreply 131May 8, 2022 5:34 PM

R90, Wilbur Ross, Cyprus Bank, money laundering—that all came out as soon as Trump nominated him. Almost every (because I can’t be assed to look them up) single cabinet member Trump appointed was compromised in some way. McConnell’s wife and her father’s shipping company, the guy whose son landed a huge contract to rebuild Puerto Rico’s telecommunications infrastructure after their hurricane even though he had a two-person company and no experience …

by Anonymousreply 132May 8, 2022 5:37 PM

R130 - They seem to be implying that they got evidence off of the Russian Oligarch's yacht that was recently seized. I have no idea what would have been on there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133May 8, 2022 5:38 PM

HRH the Princess of Arizona will have NONE of Mr. Schmidt's nonsense!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134May 8, 2022 6:06 PM

For me, the best line is highlighting Cindy's view on her kids. Now everyone knows even her mother thinks she's a failed shit.

by Anonymousreply 135May 8, 2022 6:06 PM

A lot of the bits and pieces of the Russian influence over various Republicans politicians has been out there for years. If only we had a halfway decent media that would put the pieces together and ask the tough questions of them when they come on their shows......

by Anonymousreply 136May 8, 2022 6:07 PM

Don't forget Obama's tan suit, R136. Or his long form birth certificate.

by Anonymousreply 137May 8, 2022 6:09 PM

Yes, R137 we still have many, many investigators working around the clock in Hawaii looking for Obama's long form birth certificate.

by Anonymousreply 138May 8, 2022 6:10 PM

[quote] apparently she really HAS called the Lincoln Project a "pedo ring." Unbelievable. How has she not been sued?

Maybe because truth is a defense since it is established the organization was used this way. Legal settlements have admitted the crime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139May 8, 2022 6:17 PM

Christ, R138, I forgot that orange pile of shit claimed he sent people to Hawaii and they were "finding some very interesting things." I fucking hate Republicans so much for what they've done. And the media even more for enabling it.

by Anonymousreply 140May 8, 2022 6:20 PM

[quote]Palin didn't make Trump possible.

She certainly did, in the sense that it revealed Republican voters would support an empty-headed know-nothing as long as long as they "owned the libs."

by Anonymousreply 141May 8, 2022 6:23 PM

Man, Schmidt is really letting this shit out. His pain-body cannot hold on to it anymore--it's poisonous.

And I really respect him saying (or implying) that John McCain was an immature little cunt just like Meghan. I think that's true-- I always felt that from McCain. Just not an adult at all.

by Anonymousreply 142May 8, 2022 6:48 PM

You know he actually feels relief finally letting it all out.

by Anonymousreply 143May 8, 2022 6:51 PM

If MeAgain hadn't started this, would Schmidt still be withholding all this information from the Amercian people he swore to serve?

by Anonymousreply 144May 8, 2022 7:00 PM

Who knows, r144? The important thing is that he isn't any longer.

by Anonymousreply 145May 8, 2022 7:04 PM

I’d love to see Meghan’s face when she read his tweets. I bet that fat bitch is red and screaming up a storm. Carbs are being binged.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146May 8, 2022 8:18 PM

If only Dems had these stones the GOP wouldn’t be steamrolling this country right now.

by Anonymousreply 147May 8, 2022 8:27 PM

R147, what stones? He's revealing this shit a decade too late

by Anonymousreply 148May 8, 2022 8:30 PM

Might be worth remembering Lincoln Project guys have very low credibility. They'll say anything on behalf of the cause.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149May 8, 2022 8:45 PM

[quote]Might be worth remembering Lincoln Project guys have very low credibility. They'll say anything on behalf of the cause

Fine, r149, he's lying.

by Anonymousreply 150May 8, 2022 8:48 PM

R148, he was a Republican then, he’s now an independent. I wouldn’t have expected him to reveal this when he was still with the GOP, as they tend to circle their wagons. But Dems have plenty on the GOP and they choose to do nothing except hold hearings and indulge the infighting of their own party, while the GOP continue to run the country.

At least the Lincoln Project gets down in the mud with the GOP, unfortunate Dems won’t.

by Anonymousreply 151May 8, 2022 9:31 PM

The Lincoln Project hasn't influenced anyone, it didn't make Republicans support Biden

by Anonymousreply 152May 8, 2022 9:53 PM

I say this as a person who likes his social media comments, but I wish SS would get off social media & go hiking & enjoy the fabulous life he clearly has. While there are many evils in the world, someone like Smegs is just sort of anal wort that really have very little (if any) actual relevancy. I'm sure it's upsetting how he's been slandered and certainly it's particularly infuriating coming from someone who is such a troll, but he shouldn't waste his time on her or give her oxygen.

by Anonymousreply 153May 8, 2022 10:16 PM

Nope. Air this fetid shit out.

by Anonymousreply 154May 8, 2022 10:20 PM

[quote]someone like Smegs is just sort of anal wort that really have very little (if any) actual relevancy

That's a poorly written and illogical way of saying "I wish Steve Schmidt wouldn't reveal what he knows about GOP corruption."

by Anonymousreply 155May 8, 2022 10:57 PM

[quote]a fool's errant...

Oh, Dear!

[quote]When you slander (or liable) someone...

Oh, DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 156May 8, 2022 10:57 PM

Not to split hairs R144, but when did Schmidt swear to serve the American people? Other than working for a brief time twenty years ago for Dick Cheney in the Office of the Vice President, where he may have sworn to protect and defend the Constitution, he’s worked as a private political strategist.

This is all delicious but let’s not forget that after his split with the GOP, Schmidt said he was going to register as a Democrat. His current Utah party registration shows him registered as a member of the American Independent Party. The American Independent Party is a far-right, paleoconservative party most famous for nominating segregationist Gov. George Wallace for President against Nixon.

by Anonymousreply 157May 8, 2022 11:37 PM

Meh. I have no use for Megan but Steve Schmidt needs to get a life. He's always trying to settle scores with people and having internecine squabbles.

by Anonymousreply 158May 8, 2022 11:40 PM

[quote]That's a poorly written and illogical way of saying "I wish Steve Schmidt wouldn't reveal what he knows about GOP corruption."

I'll concede to the "poorly written" part, but I stand by my assertion that SS shouldn't give She Beast anymore oxygen, particularly when she's shilling her shitty book

by Anonymousreply 159May 8, 2022 11:55 PM

I’m sure MeAgain has been talking to her lawyers all day and Steve will be hearing from them very soon!!!

by Anonymousreply 160May 9, 2022 12:16 AM

You people saying Schmidt should sue for slander or defamation, just don't understand the law. Steve Schmidt would be considered a public figure.

[quote] Courts are much less likely to award damages to public figures in defamation cases for a couple different reasons. First, courts have made a normative decision that the reputations of public figures are less deserving of legal protection. The justification being that public figures such as singers, dancers, actors, and politicians, seek out public attention and thus must take the good attention with the bad. Second, courts recognize that public figures generally have much greater access to the media than average citizens and can use their access to the media to rebut any defamatory statements without assistance from the courts. The thought being that a celebrity who feels defamed can refute the defamatory statement in an interview with a magazine or talk show or can write an editorial for a newspaper.

Then even if you can sue you have to prove that the accusations are false, and then show the dollar amount you have been damaged to collect that amount.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161May 9, 2022 12:19 AM

^ Wasn't it mentioned upthread or on the other one that the GOP strategists and lobbyists were getting nervous because of some oligarch's yacht seizure? I'd like to know more about that.

by Anonymousreply 162May 9, 2022 12:21 AM

It's just some conspiracy theory, r162, there's nothing to it.

by Anonymousreply 163May 9, 2022 12:24 AM

Darn, that sounded juicy. Thanks for the info R163.

by Anonymousreply 164May 9, 2022 12:26 AM

yeah, that person is just a random who 'works in Medical and Health', not even a blue tick. What the fuck would she know? Why are people posting fantasies?

by Anonymousreply 165May 9, 2022 12:26 AM

[quote]I knew somebody who worked in DC during McCain's Senate career. He told me it was well known what an asshole McCain was.

The late Rose Mofford, governor of Arizona from 1988 to 1991 and one of the most well-liked politicians ever, hated his guts. He made a point of embarrassing her, just because she was Democrat, when she testified before Congress about Arizona's water infrastructure. When he tried to apologize later, she said, "John, don't ever call me again."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166May 9, 2022 12:55 AM

R162 he could sue (see Devin Nunes) but it'd be difficult to win. He's too smart for that though.

She has no reason to sue, but she hates him so she of course will seek further revenge, however that is accomplished.

by Anonymousreply 167May 9, 2022 1:02 AM

R152, you didn’t show your work, however, even if the LP didn’t influence Republicans to vote for Biden, what influence did they have on independents, or 2016 non-voters? Do you have those stats in your (likely imaginary) source?

by Anonymousreply 168May 9, 2022 1:17 AM

The Lincoln Project didn't move the needle at all on Democratic candidates. The money that was sent to them that they just pocketed could have done more good going directly to Democratic candidates.

by Anonymousreply 169May 9, 2022 1:23 AM

The LP was incredibly entertaining to Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 170May 9, 2022 1:24 AM

Yep, the Lincoln Project raised about $90m. $40m spent on ads and so on - but an enormous $50m went to companies controlled by the founders,................ And the Lincoln Project have said that they will only open their accounts when the Trump campaign does.... they 100% have things to hide because the Trump campaign will never do that...

A study made after the election did indeed conclude that the Lincoln Project did virtually nothing to move the needle on Republican voters. It was all what Dems wanted to hear.

by Anonymousreply 171May 9, 2022 1:28 AM

[quote]The LP was incredibly entertaining to Democrats.

It's called political masturbation. It serves no useful purpose in keeping control of Congress.

by Anonymousreply 172May 9, 2022 1:29 AM

R168 Here's a report about the study.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173May 9, 2022 1:31 AM

The Lincoln Project didn't change anyone's vote and I wouldn't send them a nickel. But the ads were entertaining and just knowing that some of them probably gave Dump some agita and hissy fits....that makes me happy. I was just hoping one of these ads would've brought on a stroke.

by Anonymousreply 174May 9, 2022 1:44 AM

[quote] the Lincoln Project raised about $90m. $40m spent on ads and so on - but an enormous $50m went to companies controlled by the founders

𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑜 𝑜𝑛 aka There's a sucker born every minute

by Anonymousreply 175May 9, 2022 1:58 AM

So, I hope everyone sees the discussion has turned from how deeply the Russians has infiltrated the GOP to "The LP didn't move the needle and the organization pays their people too much money."

Why do you think that is?

by Anonymousreply 176May 9, 2022 2:16 AM

Mark Esper has some things to share

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177May 9, 2022 2:18 AM

Republicans are now calling democracy "socialism"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178May 9, 2022 2:19 AM

I noticed that as well, r176.

by Anonymousreply 179May 9, 2022 2:19 AM

R177, and that's why it's laughable when that orange parasite's fanbase would go off about "neocons" and I'd always say that fucking asshole was surrounded by neocons on 'roids who wanted to start wars. His fucking son-in-law, Miller, Bolton, Pompeo. All of those cunts wanted wars, they just couldn't get the military to go along with it. They tried countless times to goad Iran into war and Iran wouldn't go for it.

by Anonymousreply 180May 9, 2022 2:25 AM

The question now is will Meghan use her new Daily Mail platform to cry that she was a victim of bullying. She runs the risk of exposing many more people who would have been unaware of Schmidt's twitter marathon and the information it contained. If her book sales are any indication, she's not the most popular person and IIRC, DM readers have been critical of her in the past in The View article comments.

by Anonymousreply 181May 9, 2022 2:27 AM

R27 It was more than that. I can't find it again but she tweeted that SS ran a "pedo ring." I hope he smokes all of those hypocrites' asses.

by Anonymousreply 182May 9, 2022 2:36 AM

R177 Dump wanted to nuke a hurricane. What could possibly go wrong with that?

by Anonymousreply 183May 9, 2022 2:45 AM

Corroboration: archived

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184May 9, 2022 3:24 AM

*achieved

by Anonymousreply 185May 9, 2022 3:24 AM

Thank you R173. Aside from being conducted by a competing super PAC, that study is limited to Twitter virality and changing the minds of Trump voters. I’m not on Twitter, and was thinking more about the LP TV ads that aired in my state (I saw quite a few during the day as I WFH during the Pandemic). In many cases, Twitter and TV ads reach very different audiences, and in any case, the study itself concedes the ads may have motivated predisposed Biden voters.

So my point still stands. LP may not have had an measurable impact on GOP (more likely Trump) voters, but may have motivated others to vote who eventually voted for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 186May 9, 2022 3:37 AM

Who knew Javier Bardem at R64 is a Russian oligarch?

by Anonymousreply 187May 9, 2022 3:57 AM

I remember an article where McCain called his wife Cindy a c__t

by Anonymousreply 188May 9, 2022 4:13 AM

[quote]use her new Daily Mail platform to cry that she was a victim of bullying.

That's rich coming from a cunt who takes any opportunity to deflect from something like a white supremacist terrorist who shoots up a synagogue and tries to blame Ilhan Omar for it rather than her fat hog husband who is actually that shooter's brethren

by Anonymousreply 189May 9, 2022 4:21 AM

"Go, go, go..."

by Anonymousreply 190May 9, 2022 4:22 AM

At least I don't plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you cunt.

by Anonymousreply 191May 9, 2022 5:05 AM

Schmidt has written an essay about McCain and his big lie. Say what you will, the man can write.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192May 9, 2022 5:05 AM

I find it hysterical that Meghan still uses that one photo as her avatar on everything. Must be at least 10 years old.

by Anonymousreply 193May 9, 2022 5:06 AM

My favorite anecdote about the heroic and honorable McCain was when the wheelchair bound mother of a prisoner of war still in Vietnam ( I guess he wasn't as important as the fat faced princeling John McCain) had the temerity to inquire about the fate of her son to McCain and question what steps were being taken to secure his release. He apparently had to be physically held back and told to calm down because he was in such a rage. I actually am almost thankful for wacky dumbbell Palin. She helped insure this raging lunatic was nowhere near the nuclear codes.

by Anonymousreply 194May 9, 2022 5:11 AM

It's about time someone did it. Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 195May 9, 2022 5:19 AM

[quote]Meh. I have no use for Megan but Steve Schmidt needs to get a life. He's always trying to settle scores with people and having internecine squabbles.

Written on a gossip site.

by Anonymousreply 196May 9, 2022 5:28 AM

[quote]The Lincoln Project didn't move the needle at all on Democratic candidates.

Their goal was to get Republicans out to vote against Trump, knowing that they wouldn't vote Trump but still vote Repug for the downticket races.

Republicans were worried that turnout would be depressed among Repug voters who weren't going to vote for Trump and were planning to just stay home. They also worried that registered Repugs were going to be fleeing the party (even more than they already were) if the so-called "moderate" Repugs didn't feel like there was room in the GOP for non-Trumpsters anymore. The Lincoln Project was cooked up to address those two problems. It allowed Never Trumpers to vote against the Repug presidential candidate (with the implication that it would just be this time only, i.e. extreme circumstances) and then made sure they were at the polls for the remaining GOP candidates on the ballot.

That's why so many local and state Repug candidates did better than expected.

by Anonymousreply 197May 9, 2022 5:44 AM

Wow, I clicked on R184's link and found this quote:

4) Meghan…you don’t need me to confirm that. But I will. Like everywhere she goes, the entire campaign loathed her, bc she is exactly that self-entitled, proudly ignorant, nasty, grievance-filled goon that’s been on display on your TV sets. And to quote the great Forrest Gump, “that’s all I gotta say about that.” ….

by Anonymousreply 198May 9, 2022 5:47 AM

Nicole Wallace's show on msnbc tomorrow might be more interesting than usual.

by Anonymousreply 199May 9, 2022 5:51 AM

R186 agreed. People on the left wanted the Lincoln Project to fail and were suspicious of their motives, but the LP went beyond just Twitter, which is 70 percent left wing anyway.

by Anonymousreply 200May 9, 2022 5:57 AM

r182, one tweet is at r52.

by Anonymousreply 201May 9, 2022 6:01 AM

[quote]Schmidt has written an essay about McCain and his big lie. Say what you will, the man can write.

I wish he named the female lobbyist. It's sometimes confusing which 'she' he's talking about.

by Anonymousreply 202May 9, 2022 6:02 AM

The lobbyist was Vicki Iseman.

by Anonymousreply 203May 9, 2022 6:03 AM

You just know that gross hog husband cheats on her. There's no way in hell he hasn't, isn't or will.

by Anonymousreply 204May 9, 2022 6:06 AM

Posters keep mentioning Nicolle Wallace and are anxious to see her show tomorrow......Guys, she ain't going near that story. I bet we won't see Steve Schmidt on Deadline: White House for at least a month, a safe distance away from this story.

She's been married to NYT Reporter (and frequent guest) Michael Schmidt (no relation) for over a month now and I don't believe it's ever been mentioned on her show.

by Anonymousreply 205May 9, 2022 8:30 AM

Say what you will about Lincoln Project, I still laugh at this Lindsey Graham ad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206May 9, 2022 9:04 AM

I had forgotten about Linz sabotaging (blabbing) the choice of Lieberman. Possibly contributing to the election of Obama.

by Anonymousreply 207May 9, 2022 9:10 AM

Well, that was rather juicy. The lobbyist sounds borderline or something.

[quote]For the next several months, there was not a single night that passed that I did not spend hours on the phone with a broken, distraught and profoundly unstable lobbyist. She screamed at me incoherently for hours every night. I became the shock absorber for her rage, anger and humiliation. I did this to protect John McCain and the campaign. During my final call with the lobbyist, as she heard my young kids crying in the background, she told me that she wished that they could die so that I could share the depths of pain she felt when John McCain called her a “good friend” during his news conference denying the relationship.

I wonder what Meghan thinks about this or did she already know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208May 9, 2022 9:47 AM

I don't know why I thought otherwise but Cindy McCain is still alive too. Odd how much the lobbyist looks like Cindy - John must have had a type.

by Anonymousreply 209May 9, 2022 10:00 AM

Cindy McCain is 20 years younger than her husband was, plus women live longer, so yeah, she's still with us. She's U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Agencies for Food and Agriculture. This is a cushy job for a favored political appointee. a reward from Biden for backing him and a gesture at bipartisanship.

by Anonymousreply 210May 9, 2022 10:22 AM

R210 I realised why - because her name is on McCain's grave already! But no death date. I don't know if that's common, seems a bit weird.

Enjoy this tacky promotional event for her book Meghan held at her daddy's grave....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211May 9, 2022 10:31 AM

R193, it's either that Moo McCain use an old picture or use the face slimmy feature in her phone. No way she's going to post her real, hog face.

Re: R208. Gosh, another blonde Republican borderline wacko. Does she work at FOX News or would she be too old for their ho stroll nightly reporting by now?

by Anonymousreply 212May 9, 2022 10:31 AM

LP ads are sort of like Twitter in that they had impact far beyond their reach--media types on all sides saw them, wrote about them, talked and tweeted about them.

Better still, several of those ads were allegedly seen by Trump and got under his very thin skin

by Anonymousreply 213May 9, 2022 10:31 AM

Lots of people are attacking Steve for putting this dirty laundry out so here's the bit about the lobbyist's suicide threat in case the article gets deleted:

[quote](T)he lobbyist had called John McCain’s Senate Chief of Staff to say that she’d called him from the front seat of her parked and running automobile in her closed garage. She wanted to pass along the message that she wanted to say goodbye to John McCain, and that she loved him. The Chief of Staff asked me if he had done the right thing by calling 911. I assured him that he had.

by Anonymousreply 214May 9, 2022 10:35 AM

I don't think there's much chance Schmidt is going to remove the essay or his tweets.

by Anonymousreply 215May 9, 2022 10:40 AM

Everyone forgets that his McCain POS of shit was corrupt AF. He took payouts from a rich banker to protect him from prosecution. He was part of "The Keating 5"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216May 9, 2022 10:45 AM

Woah. (From Iseman's wikipage)

"In December 2008, Iseman filed a US$27 million defamation lawsuit against The New York Times, alleging that the paper, in the course of describing circumstances of her lobbying activity, had falsely implied an illicit romantic relationship between her and Senator John McCain. The Times said they "fully stood behind the article" and the story was "true and accurate".

The suit was subsequently settled without payment in February 2009. As part of the settlement, Ms. Iseman accepted the Times’ explanation, which appeared in a "Note to Readers" published in the newspaper. The "Note to Readers" said: "The article did not state, and The Times did not intend to conclude, that Ms. Iseman had engaged in a romantic affair with Senator McCain or an unethical relationship on behalf of her clients in breach of the public trust."

by Anonymousreply 217May 9, 2022 10:46 AM

An interesting aspect is the McCain campaign's assumption that were the affair with the lobbyist to be confirmed, it would have been very damaging for him. This is many years after Clinton survived all his sex scandals, although before Trump did as well. It was basically reported that McCain had affairs on his first wife when he came back from Vietnam and that's how the marriage ended.

Do we think that McCain's fears were maybe exaggerated? Or do some politicians like him (and Obama too!) have a brand that is inconsistent with this? It'd be very awkward for Romney as well, given his Mormon Family Man image, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 218May 9, 2022 11:46 AM

Steve's opinion of Sarah Palin: "an absolutely degenerate liar. Pathological. Unfit. Unwell. She’s a quitter and a buffoon who has no business ever holding a position of public trust, ever. Not even as a crossing guard. Nothing."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219May 9, 2022 11:47 AM

Steve's description of Sarah Palin pretty much describes Boebert, Cawthorn, Greene, Gaetz, Trump and the rest of today's Republican Party perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 220May 9, 2022 12:11 PM

During the fallout from the Weaver scandal, Schmidt came out with his own boyhood story of molestation. That Meghan McCain didn't realize the "pedo" shit, which would set anyone off, would be particularly triggering to Schmidt, is further proof of her nastiness, self-absorption and abject stupidity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221May 9, 2022 12:13 PM

WEHT Ricky Hollywood?

by Anonymousreply 222May 9, 2022 12:29 PM

People still say that not all Republicans are Q types, but the fact that so many Repugs said that the Lincoln Project was a "pedo ring" because of Weaver and nobody else -- and nothing that happened within the Project itself -- shows how deep the conspiratorial rot has gone.

It also shows the hypocrisy, because those same people either never say anything about Gaetz or flatly defend him.

by Anonymousreply 223May 9, 2022 12:34 PM

R205, I had the same thought. I don't know why anyone thinks this will even come up when there are current events that are more serious. I mean all of this is great, but Meghan McCain nor Palin are important enough to cover on Wallace's show with everything else going on.. And anything related to the McCain campaign is not relevant unless they specifically talk about the Russian connections.

by Anonymousreply 224May 9, 2022 12:46 PM

What the Lincoln Project accomplished was the open mudslinging of Republicans going after Republicans. Republicans took money to hurt other Republicans, showing that conservatives have no loyalty when it comes to money.

Weakening your opponent from the inside and being cunning and strategic about their own efforts can lead liberals to victory. All liberals have to do is using conservative schemes against the conservatives.

by Anonymousreply 225May 9, 2022 1:24 PM

First, and most importantly R225, all liberals have to do is stop fighting among themselves, and stop conducting ideological purity tests to make sure candidates are toeing whatever party line the wokesters are championing at any particular moment.

by Anonymousreply 226May 9, 2022 1:35 PM

R226, don't blame the wokesters , because I've got news for you: It will never be the AOCs who are the problem, it'll be the Manchins and the Sinemas.

The "wokesters" gave in and gave Biden/Pelosi the votes they needed even after what they wanted was taken out. It was Manchin and Sinema who STOP EVERY FUCKING THING. It's the so-called moderates who have enabled the right-wing. Every fucking time.

by Anonymousreply 227May 9, 2022 1:43 PM

Imagine marrying a man you insulted you on social media.

by Anonymousreply 228May 9, 2022 2:04 PM

The Trumpublican Party is a Supremacist Terrorist Organization.

It must be destroyed..

by Anonymousreply 229May 9, 2022 2:50 PM

[Quote]Imagine marrying a man you insulted you on social media.

This reference totally evades me. Who?

by Anonymousreply 230May 9, 2022 2:52 PM

She thought she was hot shit during the Trump era because people like her were in demand. She’s learning there is no honor among thieves.

by Anonymousreply 231May 9, 2022 2:54 PM

Let’s not pretend that Steve Schmidt is Mother Teresa. He’s pure evil and he always has been. Shame on anyone who would ally with him.

by Anonymousreply 232May 9, 2022 2:58 PM

R230, McCain's husband thought she was gross before they met.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233May 9, 2022 3:00 PM

The way he attacked Sarah Palin out of nowhere is indefensible. Sarah has been laying low and minding her own business for the past 5 or so years. Don’t bring her out of her slumber, Schmidt.

He needs to accept some responsibility for her. I think it’s gross how the McCain family and seemingly everyone in the campaign seems to have scapegoated her. She didn’t pick herself for the running mate.

by Anonymousreply 234May 9, 2022 3:04 PM

[quote]The way he attacked Sarah Palin out of nowhere is indefensible. Sarah has been laying low and minding her own business for the past 5 or so years.

She's running for Congress.

by Anonymousreply 235May 9, 2022 3:07 PM

R235, Oh really? I should have googled. The last time I heard about her was her Trump endorsement years ago.

by Anonymousreply 236May 9, 2022 3:08 PM

[quote] The way he attacked Sarah Palin out of nowhere is indefensible. Sarah has been laying low and minding her own business for the past 5 or so years. Don’t bring her out of her slumber, Schmidt.

She has never been "laying low"-- other than running for Congress, she's been a full throated Trump acolyte while appearing on The MASKIED SINGER. Just because the news hasn't given her much mind doesn't mean she's laying low.

by Anonymousreply 237May 9, 2022 3:22 PM

She's running against Santa Claus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238May 9, 2022 3:23 PM

Nice to see news outlets finally recognizing Schmidt's screed.

Daily Beast, Business Insider, UPRoxx

by Anonymousreply 239May 9, 2022 3:24 PM

[quote]Sarah has been laying low and minding her own business for the past 5 or so years.

Before declaring her candidacy just a few months ago, she was in NYC for a trial of a lawsuit she brought against the NY Times. The trial was delayed because she tested positive for coronavirus. Despite the diagnosis, she was photographed the soon after dining out maskless (and unvaccinated) with her new boyfriend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240May 9, 2022 3:24 PM

Sarah Palin is talkin' 'bout those right wingin' bitter clingin' types, you betcha!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241May 9, 2022 3:28 PM

r234 / r236 willful, cheery ignorance is a prime example of how we're f*cked as a country.

by Anonymousreply 242May 9, 2022 3:29 PM

Sarah Palin is an unrepentant, heat seeking fame whore, R234/R236. She doesn't know the meaning of keeping a low profile.

And that goes for whole god damned family, including the 'tard grand kid.

by Anonymousreply 243May 9, 2022 3:40 PM

[quote]The Trumpublican Party is a Supremacist Terrorist Organization.

Yes, r229...it is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244May 9, 2022 3:46 PM

And yes again, r229...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245May 9, 2022 3:50 PM

This is hilarious! Unfortunately, Schmidt has no pull in the GOP any longer.

by Anonymousreply 246May 9, 2022 6:56 PM

@r233, From the article...

"with just five years transpiring between a tweet where he seemed revolted at the idea of dating Meghan McCain — “DO NOT WANT,” he wrote — and his announcement of their engagement, in which he cringingly referred to McCain as “bae.”

Sure, AFTER he found out how munch money she's worth 🙄

by Anonymousreply 247May 9, 2022 7:26 PM

Steve's not quite done with Meghan:

"You are so profoundly ill, arrogant and entitled that you actually thought I was consigned to a lifetime of your shaming me and my CHILDRENS last name with your families quiet support while carrying your fathers filth and lies to my grave."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248May 9, 2022 8:07 PM

Meghan is going to be on Piers Morgan's show today.

by Anonymousreply 249May 9, 2022 8:20 PM

@r248, From his Tweets...

"Don’t you ever call me a pedophile again. In fact, don’t ever say my name or write it again."

Keep my name out of your fucking mouth... See what Will Smith started 😂

by Anonymousreply 250May 9, 2022 8:20 PM

Cliff Schecter, who wrote a book about John McCain, on Meghan:

"Like everywhere she goes, the entire campaign loathed... her, bc she is exactly that self-entitled, proudly ignorant, nasty, grievance-filled goon that’s been on display on your TV sets. And to quote the great Forrest Gump, “that’s all I gotta say about that.”

More at the link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251May 9, 2022 8:37 PM

I'd rather endure a root canal, r249.

by Anonymousreply 252May 9, 2022 8:38 PM

Schmidt actually refers to covering up John Mccains " filth and lies". Wow he must be privy to some very nasty stuff. And I bet we're just hearing the tip of the iceberg. It's amazing that the truth about this guy is finally coming out after years of his slobbering media sycophants covering for him. Maybe Megan shouldn't have acted like such a bully and the beltway media BS about what a wonderful guy her father was never would have been widely questioned.

by Anonymousreply 253May 9, 2022 10:40 PM

The fact that we know he called his own wife a cunt in public and didn't give a shit if others heard, certainly means there are far worse things about him -- not that many of us needed convincing when Lindsey was his friend. Warmongering scum.

by Anonymousreply 254May 9, 2022 10:45 PM

One of the big lies McCain kept that Schmidt mentions was a long time affair with a (female) lobbyist

by Anonymousreply 255May 9, 2022 10:51 PM

Did this lobbyist work on his campaign? (Is it permitted to go between the two?). Is she the Amazon. Lordy she sounds nuts

[Quote]During my final call with the lobbyist, as she heard my young kids crying in the background, she told me that she wished that they could die so that I could share the depths of pain she felt when John McCain called her a “good friend” during his news conference denying the relationship.

by Anonymousreply 256May 9, 2022 11:15 PM

Schmidt must be feeling the heat for his role in ushering Justice Alito into office. "Domestic supply of infants"?, these people are total creeps.

by Anonymousreply 257May 9, 2022 11:25 PM

Sarah Palin is NEVER off limits. Jesus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 258May 9, 2022 11:36 PM

LOL Joy Red is right now doing a segment on msnbc about McCain'08 and Manafort Davis, and explicitly mentioned Schmidt's twitstorm .

by Anonymousreply 259May 9, 2022 11:50 PM

Sarah Palin and anyone defending her should drop dead.

by Anonymousreply 260May 9, 2022 11:57 PM

McCain has a type, except Cindy is prettier than the lobbyist

by Anonymousreply 261May 10, 2022 12:06 AM

R232 fuck Democratic purity tests. That's how we end up losing elections. No one is pure, and people can change their minds.

by Anonymousreply 262May 10, 2022 12:07 AM

Lol, @ Sarah Palin being "off limits".

Did you get lost on your way to the Truth Social, Dee?

by Anonymousreply 263May 10, 2022 12:09 AM

FAT???? Did he call her fat?

That is what she really cares about and hurts her the most.

I would use every word describing her FATness.

by Anonymousreply 264May 10, 2022 12:21 AM

She is Unpleasantly Plump R264.

by Anonymousreply 265May 10, 2022 12:23 AM

If Megan keeps attacking him Steve is going to start revealing more and more. She should just shut up and try to pretend to be above it all, but she won't. Look for her nasty comeback in the DM soon. I hope they approach Steve for a rebuttal. She'd hate that.

by Anonymousreply 266May 10, 2022 12:25 AM

So far today, she’s kept her FAT mouth zipped up. I agree that he’s got a few more singers up his sleeve, so if Elsa wants to play, he will slice a bitch up.

by Anonymousreply 267May 10, 2022 12:32 AM

In a recent tweet he mentioned having his lawyer send a cease and desist letter and used the word "defamation" in the tweet. I wonder if he'll follow through with legal action.

by Anonymousreply 268May 10, 2022 12:44 AM

Dammit! “Zingers” autocorrect!!!

by Anonymousreply 269May 10, 2022 12:46 AM

How is McCain's nancy boy holding up?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270May 10, 2022 12:53 AM

Uh Oh he is going after Cheri Jacobus now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271May 10, 2022 12:56 AM

Cheri shoots back

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272May 10, 2022 1:02 AM

Jacobus has a point. Namely that the Lincoln Project grifted millions that were needed to keep the Democratic majority.

by Anonymousreply 273May 10, 2022 1:11 AM

Cheri really is obsessed with him, look at how many tweets at him!

by Anonymousreply 274May 10, 2022 1:12 AM

Au contraire, I don’t consider what they did grifting at all. People know exactly what they are paying for, and they know there is inherent risk to this “investment”. I think the going attitude was, “shit, I’ll throw in $20 if it gets just one of those assholes to vote blue.”

by Anonymousreply 275May 10, 2022 1:14 AM

I'm amazed he didn't save all this for a book.

by Anonymousreply 276May 10, 2022 1:14 AM

All of it is so delicious.

You can keep your Hollywood/Reality star crap drama. I love and prefer political cat fights.

by Anonymousreply 277May 10, 2022 1:16 AM

R276, that’s the beauty of real wealth — he made enough money for him to not even give a shit about a book deal. Book tours are a ton of work, writing it is a lot of work too. He is no longer motivated by money.

by Anonymousreply 278May 10, 2022 1:22 AM

[quote] How is McCain's nancy boy holding up?

Furiously fingering herself nightly to a soiled photo of ol' Walnuts McCain in his flight suit.

by Anonymousreply 279May 10, 2022 1:26 AM

But first go see your therapist about your twitter meltdown, your hatred of women, and ask her to tell you how you're totes special but also a victim.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280May 10, 2022 1:48 AM

Maybe Share-ie should first stop with the incessant tweets that roll out, often multiple per minute! She is possessed, gurl, there are meds for this condition.

by Anonymousreply 281May 10, 2022 1:54 AM

[quote]But first go see your therapist about your twitter meltdown, your hatred of women, and ask her to tell you how you're totes special but also a victim.

Playing the gender card because women are always the victim. Not this time. It's okay to hate some women when they are being hateful. That's not misogyny.

by Anonymousreply 282May 10, 2022 1:57 AM

You were fired from @USATODAY and the @thehill

over your vile conduct and ugly quote about your dream that the daughters of your enemy would be abused by Epstein. Disgusting. You have tweeted 378,000 times.

That’s nuts. You are nuts. UNFOLLOW @CheriJacobus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283May 10, 2022 3:02 AM

R211, my mom did that on her husband/my dad's grave; once his name on it, and the dates, her name went on too and her birth year only.

53 years later she joined him. They're together now, I hope.

by Anonymousreply 284May 10, 2022 3:19 AM

[quote]...with Rove protégé Steve Schmidt at the helm, McCain has turned the campaign into a torrent of debasing negativity, misrepresenting Barack Obama’s positions on everything from sex education for kindergarteners to middle-class taxes.

The above is from the 2008 Rolling Stone article. Is that true? Is Steve Schmidt a Rove protege? I enjoy his MMc tea but the Karl Rove connection muddies it a bit for me.

by Anonymousreply 285May 10, 2022 3:51 AM

Here is the entire Rolling Stone article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286May 10, 2022 3:54 AM

Sounds like the “Rove protegé” came from the media? I’m not totally sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287May 10, 2022 3:56 AM

Just an aside: this is one of the few long threads I've ever seen on Datalounge where the posters haven't degenerated into attacks on each other.

We're all too busy enjoying all the attacks on Meghan with an H. And her Dad. And all the other degenerate republicans.

by Anonymousreply 288May 10, 2022 4:42 AM

R288 Hey Boris, you fucking troll! go back to Putin's Russia. He needs you out there!

by Anonymousreply 289May 10, 2022 5:16 AM

This whole affair is so delicious. Schmidt confesses in writing to being a liar. Meghan is universally despised by all the people she embraced. John McCain is finally shown to be a corrupt politician (as if we didn’t learn that with the Keating scandal) and not a great American. Cindy is shown to be as corrupt as her husband. The McCains were all pieces of shit. It’s Christmas come early.

by Anonymousreply 290May 10, 2022 5:19 AM

I believe Steve, especially about McCain cheating on Cindy. They hooked up while he was a married man! I’m sure they pulled the Amy Grant “but we never had sex until we married each other” crap.

Like the cheating saying goes: if he does it with you, he’ll do it to you.

by Anonymousreply 291May 10, 2022 7:20 AM

^ When a man marries his mistress (Cindy McCain) he creates a vacancy (Vicki Iseman). Classic, but Cindy knew and still stood by her man (dumb).... As someone said above, John sure had a type

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292May 10, 2022 7:48 AM

Regarding the picture at R211, I understand the tradition of putting rocks on tombstones that Jewish people do, though it makes little sense for a Episcopalian-turned-Evangelical, but who puts a dollar bill and what appears to be coins on someone’s grave?

by Anonymousreply 293May 10, 2022 8:00 AM

I had no idea he had so many kids besides Princess Meghan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294May 10, 2022 8:01 AM

R294 It's quite amazing. You never hear from any of them. Except Princess Megan of course. All day every day.

by Anonymousreply 295May 10, 2022 8:05 AM

R293 Perhaps it's a way of honoring the things that the greedy dead pig valued in life.

by Anonymousreply 296May 10, 2022 8:07 AM

R295 I'm an ONLY CHILD!

by Anonymousreply 297May 10, 2022 8:10 AM

Just a reminder, John Kerry and the non-Clinton democratic establishment wanted McCain to be his vice presidential partner. McCain declined so you got John Edwards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298May 10, 2022 8:14 AM

McCain's sons were very handsome. Good to know they aren't fat, spoiled pigs like their lying, attention loving sister.

by Anonymousreply 299May 10, 2022 10:23 AM

I feel as if Steve has nothing left to lose. He has several scandals in his portfolio and nobody believes the myth that there are good Republicans out there anymore.

Maybe he will expose everything, all of the little GOP secrets, but I doubt it. They never fully turn.

by Anonymousreply 300May 10, 2022 1:16 PM

R195 Oh, he with the strangely pronounced surname, no?

He is yesterday's news, no one cares about him now.

by Anonymousreply 301May 10, 2022 1:26 PM

Much to be said about Meghan and her dad, but what did Cindy do that was so bad? She stood by her husband when he had an affair? Standard political wife stuff.

by Anonymousreply 302May 10, 2022 1:53 PM

Pill poppin', r302.

by Anonymousreply 303May 10, 2022 2:09 PM

That doesn't make her a terrible person like her daughter or husband.

by Anonymousreply 304May 10, 2022 2:23 PM

r304...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305May 10, 2022 2:27 PM

Was Cindy ever prosecuted for her crimes? I know a nurse who stole opiates and she got a few years in prison.

by Anonymousreply 306May 10, 2022 2:31 PM

While I enjoy Republicans tearing each other apart, Schmidt is coming across as a bit unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 307May 10, 2022 2:34 PM

I'm willing to bet her last name *wasn't* McCain, r306.

by Anonymousreply 308May 10, 2022 2:34 PM

Cindy is a rich white lady, so no R306.

by Anonymousreply 309May 10, 2022 2:46 PM

Can you all look the other way as my wife self-medicates to endure my indiscretions, please.

Thanks, you know how it is.

by Anonymousreply 310May 10, 2022 3:39 PM

I see the Twitter page has been taken down. I wonder who did it, Schmidt or Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 311May 10, 2022 3:44 PM

What page has been taken down? Schmidt's is still up.

by Anonymousreply 312May 10, 2022 3:46 PM

Meghan shits out her cunt, vomits out her tits and pees out of her mouth.

by Anonymousreply 313May 10, 2022 3:51 PM

There are so many Megxit and Harkles posts on this fucking site that I saw “Meghan” and thought Archie was about to get another exhausted bath.

I read his tweet and though “she called him a pedo? Wtf”

I need more caffeine and less THC

I was very entertained for 1.2 minutes though

by Anonymousreply 314May 10, 2022 3:53 PM

[quote] Schmidt is coming across as a bit unhinged

So just the same as always.

by Anonymousreply 315May 10, 2022 4:44 PM

^ Nah, he's mad as hell and not going to take it anymore 😠

by Anonymousreply 316May 10, 2022 4:57 PM

He's chasing after everybody now...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317May 10, 2022 5:02 PM

He's entertaining... he's passionate... I just can't decide whether he too is as unhinged as the people he's chasing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318May 10, 2022 5:04 PM

And one for fatty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319May 10, 2022 5:05 PM

Except his tweets aren't unhinged rants. If you've ever seen him on TV, he's basically a storyteller. He speaks in paragraphs. I can barely complete a sentence when I speak.

by Anonymousreply 320May 10, 2022 5:09 PM

I'm not a huge fan of Steve's, but I do enjoy reading his tweets. Not the least bit unhinged, he's measured, articulate and thorough in his take downs

by Anonymousreply 321May 10, 2022 5:17 PM

[quote]When a man marries his mistress (Cindy McCain) he creates a vacancy (Vicki Iseman)

Exactly.

by Anonymousreply 322May 10, 2022 5:45 PM

[quote]Except his tweets aren't unhinged rants. If you've ever seen him on TV, he's basically a storyteller. He speaks in paragraphs. I can barely complete a sentence when I speak.

Anyone calling it an unhinged rant, is admitting they can't actually respond to it.

by Anonymousreply 323May 10, 2022 5:47 PM

[quote]nobody believes the myth that there are good Republicans out there anymore.

People can have mixed opinions on Democrats and there is valid criticism, but there is no disputing that you cannot possibly be a good person and be a Republican these days. There is not a single platform issue they currently push that doesn't make them look reprehensible.

by Anonymousreply 324May 10, 2022 5:53 PM

All of these Republicans are just varying degrees of pieces of shit. It's fine if they can help out Democrats, but never trust one. George Conway worked for years to get this exact Supreme Court. He helped choose and seat each and every one of the justices who are going to overturn Roe and gay marriage.

Rick Wilson's campaign against Max Cleland wasn't 'just politics', it was evil. It was just downright evil. The story of that is easly found on Google.

And Cheri Jacobus *is* nuts.

But I do LOVE IT when Republicans go after each other. Republican-on-Republican violence is my favorite thing in the world.

by Anonymousreply 325May 10, 2022 6:17 PM

[quote]Rick Wilson's campaign against Max Cleland wasn't 'just politics', it was evil. It was just downright evil. The story of that is easly found on Google.

That was Rick Wilson??? Ugh. What a pile of shit.

I can't even watch MSNBC when I see Bill Kristol on. Anytime he's a guest, I change the channel. That motherfucker being treated liek an elder statesman is vomit-inducing.

by Anonymousreply 326May 10, 2022 6:21 PM

like*

by Anonymousreply 327May 10, 2022 6:21 PM

This is all entertaining, but Schmidt is no hero.

by Anonymousreply 328May 10, 2022 6:21 PM

[quote]Schmidt is no hero

He is, however, being helpful.

by Anonymousreply 329May 10, 2022 6:40 PM

TBH, Meghan and Steve both seem like huge narcissistic assholes.

Steve is framing himself in all of this as a white knight who was forced into the treasonous muck by unscrupulous wrongdoers.

Bitch, please.

I'm glad you're spilling, but get real.

by Anonymousreply 330May 10, 2022 7:43 PM

[quote]Steve is framing himself in all of this as a white knight

Not really.

by Anonymousreply 331May 10, 2022 7:46 PM

I'd still eat Steve Schmidt's ass and now I feel far less embarrassed about admitting it.

by Anonymousreply 332May 10, 2022 7:50 PM

Whatever, r332.

by Anonymousreply 333May 10, 2022 7:51 PM

If you listen to Schmidt, he really doesn't see himself as a hero or white knight. He does in fact own his role in the demise of the Republican party.

by Anonymousreply 334May 10, 2022 8:06 PM

Can we take a break from all of Steve's fights to say what a FABULOUS kitchen he has!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335May 10, 2022 9:26 PM

Don't forget Schmidt tries to get the CEO of Starbucks on the Presidential ticket in the last election. He was like a spoiler for the democratic nomination and was widely derided for it.

by Anonymousreply 336May 10, 2022 9:27 PM

And an Ina Garten cookbook.

by Anonymousreply 337May 10, 2022 9:27 PM

The NY Times told the truth about McCain and the lobbyist but he attacked them for it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338May 10, 2022 9:49 PM

LOL, R337! didn't even notice.

by Anonymousreply 339May 10, 2022 9:50 PM

[quote] Don't forget Schmidt tries to get the CEO of Starbucks on the Presidential ticket in the last election. He was like a spoiler for the democratic nomination and was widely derided for it.

He was just trying to run another con getting a billionaire to turn on the money spigot. The effect on democrats was immaterial.

by Anonymousreply 340May 10, 2022 9:52 PM

[quote] And an Ina Garten cookbook.

That is the smoking gun, proving that Steve is a DLer R337!

by Anonymousreply 341May 10, 2022 9:57 PM

It's the problem of whether or not you'll trust an admitted liar.

Good that he's spilling tea but I still will never trust him.

The Lincoln Project are dirty tricksters. They got caught, and handed Glenn Youngkin the Governership in Virginia.

NEVER, EVER, trust a politician.

Fuck Meghan but don't automatically trust Steve because he's saying what you want to hear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342May 10, 2022 10:10 PM

R335, he often shoots from different rooms in his house; all beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 343May 10, 2022 10:46 PM

R335, just scroll down through some of these YouTube thumbnails to get an idea.

by Anonymousreply 344May 10, 2022 10:48 PM

Whoops, forgot the link...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345May 10, 2022 10:48 PM

dude managed to do what no one else could, he got MeAgain to shut up.

by Anonymousreply 346May 11, 2022 12:18 PM

^ Bet it doesn't last 😏

by Anonymousreply 347May 11, 2022 12:24 PM

I wonder if Meghan knew about the affair(s).

That revelation may be really getting to daddy's little girl.

by Anonymousreply 348May 11, 2022 1:33 PM

Meghan for sure knew about the rumors. But now she knows that the woman told multiple people she would kill herself too, so John picked really stable women.

by Anonymousreply 349May 11, 2022 1:40 PM

I wouldn't be shocked if she didn't. But she'll probably excuse it away. Conservatives are good at that. They elected Trump after all.

by Anonymousreply 350May 11, 2022 2:07 PM

MEGHAN: "Can you believe what Steve Schmidt said about Daddy????"

CINDY: "Well, he never would have if you hadn't, as usual, opened your big fat mouth, dear."

by Anonymousreply 351May 11, 2022 2:10 PM

There is no way he’ll she did not know this rumor as politicians live and die by their own narrative, it’s all they talk about. The rumors were reported on by countless sources, there is zero way she could even avoid it. I would imagine that the majority of her anger stems from the media reporting on dad’s affair. She thinks that isn’t fair.

by Anonymousreply 352May 11, 2022 2:11 PM

R352 Really? Because this is the first time I've heard about someone directly saying that it's true. The NYT article was easily dismissed as a lobbyist scandal.

by Anonymousreply 353May 11, 2022 2:16 PM

No r353, that story was the most important topic of his campaign, more than once!! It is not possible that she didn’t know there were massive rumors. Meghan is obviously not done delicate flower, she’s more like a rabid warthog. I am certain she’s constantly trolling/reading the NYT and WaPo for stories to attack.

by Anonymousreply 354May 11, 2022 2:20 PM

In today's Daily Mail, there's an article about Tina Fey's announcement that she was once hit on by Kevin Spacey. When you dig into the article, it's about a televised conversation between Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. They ask each other: who was the famous person who ever hit on you. Tina says Spacey, and she says she knew it was all for show because he was gay. Then Amy Poehler says that John McCain expressed interest in her. She's 35 years younger than him. LOL. Daily Mail needs to make THAT the headline of the article.

by Anonymousreply 355May 11, 2022 2:40 PM

[quote] I am certain she’s constantly trolling/reading the NYT and WaPo for stories to attack.

The idea that Meghan reads a lot isn't plausible, given the things she says.

by Anonymousreply 356May 11, 2022 2:44 PM

Since her lips undoubtedly move when she reads, that would seriously cut into her feeding time.

by Anonymousreply 357May 11, 2022 2:46 PM

Her husband reads and feeds

by Anonymousreply 358May 11, 2022 3:21 PM

She doesn't read - she's read to.

She doesn't go to the theater - she *is* the theater.

Like Karen Walker.

by Anonymousreply 359May 11, 2022 3:24 PM

She'd just blame Cindy for driving him into another woman's arms

by Anonymousreply 360May 11, 2022 3:34 PM

I never heard of Steven Schmidt until now. I did a quick google and it seems he went from unknown to high profile job with little to no experience? He seems to have built a career going from one losing campaign to the next? WhY have I missed?

by Anonymousreply 361May 11, 2022 3:47 PM

I had even forgotten or never knew about John McCain's affair.

I bet I am not alone.

So this is embarrassing for Meghan and her shrine to St. John.

by Anonymousreply 362May 11, 2022 4:13 PM

If she had any shame.

by Anonymousreply 363May 11, 2022 4:14 PM

[quote] He seems to have built a career going from one losing campaign to the next? WhY have I missed?

What you missed is he doesn't need to win or lose as long as he can skim his % (and extras) off the top. There are consultants who actually believe in the candidate and program, and then there are Schmidt's kind.

by Anonymousreply 364May 11, 2022 4:39 PM

If Meghan had any shame she’d lose 100 lbs or avoid wearing outfits without sleeves.

by Anonymousreply 365May 11, 2022 5:12 PM

If Meghan had any shame, she'd burn her big cardboard box of $17 blond hair extensions.

by Anonymousreply 366May 11, 2022 5:13 PM

R361 Steve was a member of Bush's White House and served as a communications director. He then became deputy assistant to Bush and counselor to Vice President Dick Cheney. So yes, he has been at the highest levels of power in his political career.

McCain's campaign was not the first job he ever had...

by Anonymousreply 367May 11, 2022 5:18 PM

R361, more than half of all candidates lose so if you didn’t get jobs again after working on a losing campaign there would be no one left to run campaigns.

A truism in this world is that failure teaches more lessons than success does.

by Anonymousreply 368May 11, 2022 5:20 PM

You know what’s really crazy? When this bitch joined The View, add on Trump, she could have become the *darling* of the center and independents by speaking out against him. People would have loved it. The left would have fully embraced her (see Liz Cheney as proof). Instead, she literally set it up so that every single side hates her lolol!!! Meghan, if you are reading this — we hate you. Your father was a spoiled rotten military brat who got away with murder (literally) through his recklessness. He treated women like absolute garbage. He was corrupt as fuck honey. And you know what? I don’t really give a fuck about your dad, but because you’ve used a hagiographic approach yo carrying his legacy, and because that’s built on a lie, daddy’s legacy needs to be grenaded to smithereens. Your daddy was absolute trash — but I’ll always be grateful for his thumbs down. His recklessness brought us both Palin and then Trump.

by Anonymousreply 369May 11, 2022 5:23 PM

Remember when homophobe John McCain bullied a child, Chelsea Clinton.

At a fundraiser, he told a joke: "Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because Janet Reno is her father."

I guess he was trying to be Joan Rivers. He thought it was fine for a 70-plus man to bully a female CHILD for something over which she had no control. At the same time, he was making a homophobic joke about Clinton and Reno.

He was an ASSHOLE. He was an asshole before he was captured. He was an asshole after he was released.

by Anonymousreply 370May 11, 2022 5:28 PM

[quote] He was an ASSHOLE. He was an asshole before he was captured. He was an asshole after he was released.

And datalounge's darling as long as he was snarling at Bush or Trump

by Anonymousreply 371May 11, 2022 7:25 PM

R370 I agree. Still, that's a pretty funny joke.

by Anonymousreply 372May 11, 2022 7:27 PM

No, it's not funny. Unless you're the kind of person who likes Larry the Cable Guy

by Anonymousreply 373May 11, 2022 7:55 PM

All his tweets are so beautifully written—each a sonnet

by Anonymousreply 374May 11, 2022 9:32 PM

[quote] And datalounge's darling as long as he was snarling at Bush or Trump

Exactly. There are some deeply psychotic people on DL who literally would embrace Adolf Hitler if it was anti-Trump. Those people absolutely adored Meghan McCain on this site when she criticized Trump when he was in office. Now they pretend like they always hated her. Decent and normal people, on the other hand, always disliked Meghan, before, during and after Trump.

by Anonymousreply 375May 11, 2022 9:43 PM

R375 is an idiot. Nobody here EVER liked Meghan. Ever.

And Hitler, being a fellow authoritarian fascist, is the opposite of anti-Trump, fool.

by Anonymousreply 376May 11, 2022 9:49 PM

R376, they're the same morons who defend Elon Musk and do so by going after Bezos or Zuckerberg or Dorsey like we defend any of them. That's how idiotic they are. You don't have to choose a fucking side, but you can see when one is far worse than the other.

by Anonymousreply 377May 11, 2022 9:55 PM

On a lighter and more frivolous note, I guess that Ina Garten cookbook in his kitchen must contain a number of delicious cookie recipes. With plenty of butter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378May 11, 2022 9:55 PM

It just occurred to me that Meghan's only course of action after this debacle is to run for office.

They all do it.

by Anonymousreply 379May 11, 2022 9:58 PM

[quote] Nobody here EVER liked Meghan. Ever.

^ As I stated, there are people who now pretend that they always hated Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 380May 11, 2022 10:08 PM

So she hasn't made a statement or response? Does she have to hire a crisis team? This is the most specific, piercing, biting public take down I've ever seen. It's nastier than the Gore Vidal Noman Mailer feud (can you imagine those two on Twitter?) At least they were intellectual equals. Meghan brought a butter knife to a gunfight.

by Anonymousreply 381May 11, 2022 10:21 PM

At one point, people from The Federalist started going after Steve on Twitter (not that they were successful at rattling him.) I guess the husbear tried to unleash his goons on the heifer's behalf but underestimated the enormity of the challenge.

by Anonymousreply 382May 11, 2022 10:26 PM

Do you mean in response to Steve's weekend tweets or some time before, r382?

by Anonymousreply 383May 11, 2022 10:39 PM

We’re sorry, which one of us are you comparing to that dumb tub o’guts Meghan McPlain?

by Anonymousreply 384May 11, 2022 10:41 PM

His weekend tweets.

by Anonymousreply 385May 11, 2022 10:55 PM

R375 I don't recall seeing any love towards princess Megan or her pondscum father here but maybe I missed it. Iirc it was more the mainstream media who was up the McCain family's asses. It was kind of hilarious hearing the sputtering outrage from the press when trump insulted their love object McCain. These same people sure didn't give a shit when Trump was spewing vulgar and unprovoked insults towards all sorts of other groups. I don't trust Schmidt either but watching the myth of Martyr John McCain finally being tarnished ( while his equally loathsome daughter is publicly trashed as well) is just too entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 386May 11, 2022 11:20 PM

I do trust Schmidt. He was in the business of keeping secrets and winning campaigns, and to become known as one who divulges would be career-ending. Things went off the rails and he had enough…

by Anonymousreply 387May 11, 2022 11:31 PM

Same here. I don't recall reading an Meghan love on DL. She's bordered on obese before, so that's already a DL strike against her.

by Anonymousreply 388May 11, 2022 11:32 PM

MeAgain is mounting a legal strategy to reclaim her father’s honor!

by Anonymousreply 389May 11, 2022 11:35 PM

STFU in this case demonstrates EXCELLENT JUDGMENT. How unusual for MeAgain!!

by Anonymousreply 390May 11, 2022 11:39 PM

R378 you can give SS all the butter cookies he can devour, just give me a loofah and a douche so he can sit on my face as long as he wants!

by Anonymousreply 391May 12, 2022 12:13 AM

[quote] Steve must be a Datalounger: "They were epic meltdowns that would test the range of Meryl Streep, Kate Winslett, Jodi Foster and Anne Hathaway on their best days. Raging, screaming, crying, at the staff, at the makeup people at Secret Service."

I saw a video where he repeatedly called Lindsey Graham "Miss Lindsey", so there's that too. And he has the papa bear look down pat.

by Anonymousreply 392May 12, 2022 12:23 AM

I wonder what he thinks about draining pasta. I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that Twitter rant.

by Anonymousreply 393May 12, 2022 12:39 AM

[quote]I don't recall reading an Meghan love on DL.

No, but some people seem unable to conceive that you can agree with a random comment or two from someone (like Meghan) without endorsing the entirety of their personality.

by Anonymousreply 394May 12, 2022 11:23 AM

Did Nicole Wallace mention any of this kerfuffle on her show this week?

by Anonymousreply 395May 12, 2022 11:35 AM

r395, what is to be gained by that? Schmidt fucking the goat on Twitter, should stay on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 396May 12, 2022 12:21 PM

I would think this would make Nicole Wallace very uncomfortable.

It shows that she, too, knew newsworthy information that she sat on.

by Anonymousreply 397May 12, 2022 12:25 PM

Remember when the spoiled brat fancied herself a LA talkshow host. Her gig lasted a few months before the awful show was cancelled. And she had the hubris to show off her hideously decorated Hollywood apartment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398May 12, 2022 1:30 PM

[quote]Steve Schmidt READS Meghan McCain for FILTH

Impossible to imagine that anyone would read her for CLEAN

by Anonymousreply 399May 12, 2022 1:32 PM

How did she turn into such a monster? I guess badly raised. Or handed over to nannies who just gave her what she wanted to shut her up. But there's no question she's a jerk.

by Anonymousreply 400May 12, 2022 1:50 PM

I hope Meghan's parents had the foresight to set up her inheritance in a trust that her husband can't get at. I'm suspicious that he might leave her as soon as Cindy's will has been read.

by Anonymousreply 401May 12, 2022 1:54 PM

At long last someone actually got her to shut up. For now. That in and of itself is probably a greater accomplishment than getting a president elected.

by Anonymousreply 402May 12, 2022 2:14 PM

R398, you didn't lie! Her home is hideous, it looks like it belongs to a pimp

by Anonymousreply 403May 12, 2022 3:30 PM

That home is just ridiculous. A deer's head next to the refrigerator? Skull head? She tries waaaay too hard.

by Anonymousreply 404May 12, 2022 4:05 PM

"She has rejected her Family’s history of service for a shallow and purposeless celebrity where she trades on a famous name like a fourth generation wannabe clipping coupons while pretending to be an heir."

He owned that bitch. I love it.

by Anonymousreply 405May 12, 2022 4:10 PM

Kick her in the cunt bone, Steve!

by Anonymousreply 406May 12, 2022 4:15 PM

He's not stopping with Meghan:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407May 12, 2022 4:36 PM

By the time the sun sets...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408May 12, 2022 4:43 PM

Is he going to out Miss Schlapp?

by Anonymousreply 409May 12, 2022 5:14 PM

Schlubb is rumored to be gay?

by Anonymousreply 410May 12, 2022 5:38 PM

Schlapp is about to get Schlonged!

by Anonymousreply 411May 12, 2022 5:40 PM

[quote]I hope Meghan's parents had the foresight to set up her inheritance in a trust that her husband can't get at

I don't!

I hope those assholes end up in an ugly court battle for years, stressing both their fat asses

by Anonymousreply 412May 12, 2022 5:51 PM

Oh, yes. Please go after Schlapp!

That moron was trending yesterday because he was trying to blame Biden for not getting a replacement dishwasher. It was pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 413May 12, 2022 5:53 PM

"War of the Porcines"

by Anonymousreply 414May 12, 2022 5:53 PM

[quote] That moron was trending yesterday because he was trying to blame Biden for not getting a replacement dishwasher. It was pathetic.

But this is the perfect type of chum to throw in the waters for the Let's Go Brandon rubes to eat up. They have no idea that the inflation, high gas prices, and supply chain issues is a worldwide thing. Or they may know and don't care because they're so filled with hate and resentment for any and all Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 415May 12, 2022 5:56 PM

Schlapp should be nailed for going to MSNBC after parties.

by Anonymousreply 416May 12, 2022 5:58 PM

[quote] this is the perfect type of chum to throw in the waters for the Let's Go Brandon rubes to eat up. They have no idea that the inflation, high gas prices, and supply chain issues is a worldwide thing.

That’s like saying that voters shouldn’t have taken it out on Hoover since the Great Depression was a global thing. Of course voters should take it out on the guy who presided over the severe economic pain (and who is doing nothing to affect it).

by Anonymousreply 417May 12, 2022 6:12 PM

R417, what's the Republicans economic plan? Tax breaks for billionaires? They vetoed an attempt to eliminate the gas tax, they want gas prices to be high so they can blame Biden. Inflation is caused by greedy business owners jacking up their prices. Biden decreased the deficit and unemployment

by Anonymousreply 418May 12, 2022 6:20 PM

Apparently the Republican Plan is a completely socialized economy, in which the president decides supply and demand for all products. Weird, they used to oppose all that, in the most hysterical terms. Guess they changed their mind.

by Anonymousreply 419May 12, 2022 6:24 PM

Weird how the people who blame Biden for inflation didn't blame Trump for all those toilet paper and supply shortages when the pandemic first hit. They blamed the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 420May 12, 2022 6:25 PM

Schlapp must be incompetant. Our dishwasher died and I had a new one delivered within days and installed it immediately. We were only a few days without it. He is lying.

by Anonymousreply 421May 12, 2022 7:21 PM

No, he probably has some elite Euro brand dishwasher that's going to take forever to get. He wouldn't be caught dead with some common dishwasher from Home Depot

by Anonymousreply 422May 12, 2022 7:23 PM

Oh and I would let Steve Schmidt top me.

by Anonymousreply 423May 12, 2022 7:27 PM

From r407:

[quote]Our dishwasher broke yesterday and the store said the right to having a mechanical dish washing helper wasn’t in the Constitution so I would be forced to do them by hand for the rest of my life.

by Anonymousreply 424May 12, 2022 7:30 PM

[quote]Exactly. There are some deeply psychotic people on DL who literally would embrace Adolf Hitler if it was anti-Trump. Those people absolutely adored Meghan McCain on this site when she criticized Trump when he was in office. Now they pretend like they always hated her. Decent and normal people, on the other hand, always disliked Meghan, before, during and after Trump.

I question your memory, r417. The only compliments she ever got was from that one loon who'd say "She resembles a young Carol Lynley"...or some such. That was pretty much it.

by Anonymousreply 425May 12, 2022 7:56 PM

Meghan's dick isn't big enough to schlong Schlapp.

by Anonymousreply 426May 12, 2022 9:13 PM

Megan MyFather. Never gets old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427May 12, 2022 9:37 PM

When Meghan started saying a lot of complimentary things about Sinema AND Andrew Yang I KNEW something was wrong with them. Sure enough, BAM! Both went off the deep end.

by Anonymousreply 428May 12, 2022 10:02 PM

Matty Schlapp has so much money he doesn't even need a dishwasher. He could easily afford to just throw the dishes away after the meal and buy new ones every time.

by Anonymousreply 429May 12, 2022 10:02 PM

Maybe he can handwash them with ivermectin? I'm sure it does a better job than some fancy pants socialist European dishwasher.

by Anonymousreply 430May 12, 2022 10:17 PM

Anytime Meghan promoted a Democrat you sure as hell knew they were going to be problematic. Sure enough, Sinema and Yang were that and then some.

by Anonymousreply 431May 12, 2022 10:33 PM

The daily mail still hasn't reported on this hahaha.

by Anonymousreply 432May 12, 2022 11:24 PM

Because they’re really Republicans, R431.

by Anonymousreply 433May 12, 2022 11:25 PM

Oh and Meghan loved Tulsi.

by Anonymousreply 434May 12, 2022 11:34 PM

Tulsi is one of the few coming to her defense. Steven blasted her out of the water as well

by Anonymousreply 435May 12, 2022 11:41 PM

In that apartment profile, she calls Dolly Parton her spirit animal.

Someone should remind her that Dolly Parton is a flaming liberal.

by Anonymousreply 436May 12, 2022 11:44 PM

Oh, Tulsi. You mean this one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437May 12, 2022 11:47 PM

More please. Has she not responded at all? Is she sitting at Daddy's grave taking loud disgusting gulps from a vodka bottle while sobbing and shoveling KFC and mashed potatoes into her loud mouth?

by Anonymousreply 438May 12, 2022 11:47 PM

Or, the "right wing influencer" Tulsi?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439May 12, 2022 11:49 PM

She promoted Yang? Why am I not surprised.

by Anonymousreply 440May 13, 2022 12:57 AM

Sorry to hijack the thread, but what did Yang do?

by Anonymousreply 441May 13, 2022 12:59 AM

I don't think Yang himself could explain what he dd or what he does.

by Anonymousreply 442May 13, 2022 1:01 AM

She has found that having a wicked witch persona = fame, money, power. No doubt her PR people were like “Megs! Keep it up! Pull your hair severely back from your face. Snarl. Have attitude. Attack. You are on TWITTER EVERY DAY! Do you know how much people would pay to trend everyday? When you were passively pretty and behaved like a moderate we couldn’t book you for shit. Now that you’re a nasty, fat faced rightwing shrew you have YEARS of consulting work ahead of you on rightwing tv.”

After her father died she’d be nowhere without a hard right, argumentative persona.

by Anonymousreply 443May 13, 2022 1:05 AM

"After her father "

her father, her father, her father... 😱

by Anonymousreply 444May 13, 2022 1:08 AM

R443 I don't think its just a media persona. If the anecdotes on twitter from Schmidt and others are to be believed she has been a nasty bully for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 445May 13, 2022 1:13 AM

“I think Meghan is great!”

by Anonymousreply 446May 13, 2022 1:16 AM

I like the Cindy McCain story when as a kid her brother threw her through a screen door for being a cunt to him 😂

by Anonymousreply 447May 13, 2022 1:16 AM

Her hair is still in therapy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448May 13, 2022 1:22 AM

She is so ugly, in and out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449May 13, 2022 1:26 AM

Schmidt's account of Meghan is very believable after all the stuff that was leaked about how everyone on The View hated her as well - even 'chill' Whoopi was said to not be able to stand Meghan by the end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450May 13, 2022 1:34 AM

Well she did get her stocky plump body from her father...

by Anonymousreply 451May 13, 2022 1:49 AM

[quote]The Lincoln Project didn't move the needle at all on Democratic candidates. The money that was sent to them that they just pocketed could have done more good going directly to Democratic candidates.

IIRC that wasn't TLP's goal. I recall them saying their goal was to get under the skin of Trump and to cause division between Trump and his advisors, and to that end, they were successful.

Also, this last election season gave rise to a whole bunch of people who did nothing but produce Internet commercials that didn't go beyond Democrats...Meidas Brother, Don Winslow, that Brooklyn Dad guy...and they all had their hand out for donations. At least TLP aired some of their content on Fox and in the local DC and Florida markets.

by Anonymousreply 452May 13, 2022 2:04 AM

R452 Can you explain what that 'success' was and what it achieved because I'm having a hard time seeing it.

by Anonymousreply 453May 13, 2022 2:08 AM

R453, I thought TLP was very successful in their role. They excelled in pointing out Dump’s buffoonery. I mean, we all know he’s a buffoon, but their ads I think helped energize and galvanize all of the people who hate Dump. The were one of a few groups who only concentrated on Dump.

by Anonymousreply 454May 13, 2022 2:38 AM

That Don Winslow is such a liar. He tweeted for months before the election that he had dirt on Lindsey that he was going to spill and it never happened. People give that joker money.

by Anonymousreply 455May 13, 2022 2:39 AM

R453 it was mentioned in several of the Trump books over the past year that TLP ads had caused Trump to become paranoid and suspicious of people like Pence. Also one of the recent books said that TLP ad about Brad Parscale stealing money caught Trump's attention and was one of the factors that put Parscale on Trump's hit list .

by Anonymousreply 456May 13, 2022 2:42 AM

I just remembered the recent book that mentioned Parscale and TLP...it was Frankly We Did Win This Election.

by Anonymousreply 457May 13, 2022 2:46 AM

TLP did cause paranoia among the former president. They caused chaos. They did convince some NTers to vote for Biden. Biden would have won regardless but maybe would not have flipped AZ.

Meghan, in her last year on The View, was gleeful promoting Yang and Sinema. She constantly praised them. Said Sinema was a friend. She knew Yang was a disruptor. He was never a Democrat. He’s a grifter bankrolled by the same dark money funding so many crazy Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 458May 13, 2022 2:59 AM

Steve is going after TLP now. Holy shit get to Twitter!

by Anonymousreply 459May 13, 2022 3:30 AM

Thanks for the link 🙄

by Anonymousreply 460May 13, 2022 3:32 AM

Don Winslow? The author?

He said he didn’t accept any donations and he, in fact, said he was taking time off from writing to focus his attention on defeating all those scum-sucking republicunts this year.

by Anonymousreply 461May 13, 2022 3:33 AM

Here. Sorry i was reading.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462May 13, 2022 3:35 AM

[quote] There are terrible people who oppose Trump as well as terrible people who support him.

Who he's talking about are all Republicans, so of course they are terrible people.

by Anonymousreply 463May 13, 2022 3:40 AM

Wait, I missed something. What happened with the NYT? Is he suing them?

by Anonymousreply 464May 13, 2022 3:58 AM

Hole leigh shit

by Anonymousreply 465May 13, 2022 4:00 AM

Yang is a "libertarian" aka when simply being an attention whore Republican isn't enough attention for you.

by Anonymousreply 466May 13, 2022 4:06 AM

Matt Schlapp: "My dishwasher died"

Mercedes Schlapp: "Where do I send flowers? Was she legal?"

by Anonymousreply 467May 13, 2022 4:07 AM

I'm so confused at these point. Steve is fighting so many battles and fronts I've lost track, but the big take away is that Steve Schmidt is only 51 😳

by Anonymousreply 468May 13, 2022 4:10 AM

The fact Cindy McCain STILL goes on the View after Meghan said they treated her terribly speaks VOLUMES about how Meghan is viewed in her family. They HATE her.

by Anonymousreply 469May 13, 2022 4:25 AM

Don't forget this classic clip. Skip to 1:12.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470May 13, 2022 6:00 AM

She is just heinous, but with a silent "h".

by Anonymousreply 471May 13, 2022 6:34 AM

@r470, I just love that with all her wealth, privledge and education she repeatedly proves, every time she opens her mouth, that Republicans are as dumb as a box of rocks 😂

by Anonymousreply 472May 13, 2022 7:29 AM

John McCain was Bush's leading contender in the 2000 primary, so I'd bet that Meghan didn't vote for him, as stated in R470 video. I doubt she dislikes Bush because he was a terrible president. I think it's simply because he beat her father.

She probably wrote her father's name in.

by Anonymousreply 473May 13, 2022 7:44 AM

Schmidt's substack and lawyers' entries are kind of exhausting to read and I knew of a lot of the details.

If anyone skimmed over this, DL catnip that might endear Schmidt a little:

[Quote]Access journalism is not truth-based. It is transaction-based. For journalists like Ms. Haberman, their special access facilitates untold transactions with powerful political partners that instead of being scrutinized instead are used as currency in the information commodities business. For Ms. Haberman in particular, her obvious conflict of interest should have precluded her from covering the Trump White House in the first instance. Even before then, however, she wrote a story for Politico, asserting that Schmidt had interviewed to be Trump’s presidential campaign manager, which is categorically untrue but which laid the foundation for her to falsely characterize Schmidt as a transactional Washington grifter.

by Anonymousreply 474May 13, 2022 8:48 AM

I love that he brought up Haberman, it’s time she gets called out.

by Anonymousreply 475May 13, 2022 10:24 AM

So many “journalists”need to be called out. He is 100% spot on. He has zero fucks left. He is spilling hot tea by the gallons.

Also, for those blasting TLP NO ONE should give money to PACs regardless of their reputation.

by Anonymousreply 476May 13, 2022 10:42 AM

I didn't know Haberman worked for the Post prior to the Times. That was quite a leap up.

by Anonymousreply 477May 13, 2022 11:14 AM

R473, Bush's campaign put out fake info before the South Carolina primary intimating that McCain had an illegitimate black daughter (the McCains legally adopted a Banglashi orphan). McCain lost that primary, eventually losing the nomination, and he resented Bush for it. I'm sure Megan took on that mantle.

by Anonymousreply 478May 13, 2022 2:53 PM

Haberman is actually worse than even the outright garbage on right-wing media.

I'll never forget her reprimanded that comedian at the WHCD over her Sarah Huckabee joke. because how horrifying to call out a liar for being one!

by Anonymousreply 479May 13, 2022 3:23 PM

reprimanding*

by Anonymousreply 480May 13, 2022 3:24 PM

And don't forget all of Mags Haberman's breathless reporting about Hope Hicks and her existential dilemma to go before Mueller and testify.

She is a POS, just a handmaiden to the Trumps.

by Anonymousreply 481May 13, 2022 3:57 PM

R478, because we're supposed to pretend the Republican party doesn't need racism to energize their voters.

You really do have to be dumb to believe that a stupid man like Trump appealed to anything other than their prejudices. He's a simpleton who wouldn't know the constitution if Madison himself used puppets to explain it to him. He didn't put money in their pockets. All he did was stroke their pathetic egos to make them think they were superior based on skin color. Meanwhile, you look at that feedlot of supporters and Trump would have nothing to do with them in his private life.

by Anonymousreply 482May 13, 2022 4:05 PM

What I do not understand is why we are not protesting and speaking out publicly everyday, demanding the dangerous threat to our democracy and the infiltration of our government by a criminal mob of state enemies be removed. They have tamped with our rights making it impossible to vote them out. These fascists must be removed from all public offices. We should not have to tolerate this.

by Anonymousreply 483May 13, 2022 4:26 PM

R482, I now can't get the image of the ghost of James Madison using puppets to try to explain the constitution to Donald Trump.

by Anonymousreply 484May 13, 2022 4:33 PM

The first time I ever saw or heard of Meghan McCain was when she appeared on Real Time with Bill Maher, back in the early days of the Obama administration. She came off like an ignorant twit, way out of her league. Paul Begala eviscerated her without even trying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485May 13, 2022 4:44 PM

I want him to fuck me to filth.

by Anonymousreply 486May 13, 2022 5:56 PM

R485 see r470

by Anonymousreply 487May 13, 2022 9:08 PM

[quote] TLP ad about Brad Parscale stealing money caught Trump's attention and was one of the factors that put Parscale on Trump's hit list .

Parscale is working for Trump. So is Steve Bannon. So is Roger Stone. Trump has “fired” and shit talked all of them. And they all work for him. While Trump was shitalking Stone, Stone was working with Wikileaks on the DNC leak to get trump elected..

by Anonymousreply 488May 14, 2022 12:27 AM

The Los Angeles Times' featured tour of her apartment linked by R398 is so bad that it reads like the parody feature interview of Patsy Stone for Hello Magazine.

[quote]There's nothing I like better than shopping for knickknacks

[quote]Who doesn't want a golden egg in their living room

[quote]I like mixing gold and silver

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489May 14, 2022 7:07 AM

I would pay to see a reality show where Steve Schmidt takes Matt Schlapp dishwasher shopping

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 490May 14, 2022 9:11 AM

^ Twitter response...

"There is a joke about Schlapp'ing the Schmidt outta each other in there somewhere"

😂

by Anonymousreply 491May 14, 2022 9:34 AM

Schmidt just tweeted he is converting to Judaism.

"Soon I will complete my conversion to Judaism. It has been part of a journey that has changed my perspectives on many things."

Good choice Steve, come join us chosen people.

by Anonymousreply 492May 14, 2022 10:55 AM

Oy vey!

by Anonymousreply 493May 14, 2022 11:38 AM

@r492, I thought you were kidding...

"anyone in this country. Everyone is entitled to be treated with respect dignity and humanity. That person across the counter is your equal and if work ethic were the measure your better. Soon I will complete my conversion to Judaism."

😳

by Anonymousreply 494May 14, 2022 11:48 AM

OY with the poodles already!

by Anonymousreply 495May 14, 2022 11:54 AM

Steve is such a messy bitch. I'm here for it.

Meghan is studiously ignoring him now, probably been told to, although at first she kept retweeting people who said nice things about her. The Daily Fail has given her a column which is a giant acknowledgement of what a big old troll Meghan is as a person.

by Anonymousreply 496May 14, 2022 11:56 AM

"Steve is such a messy bitch"

😂... And every bit a drama queen

by Anonymousreply 497May 14, 2022 11:59 AM

See, isn't social media a great thing?

Now, someday in the future, both of their respective children can read all of this!

by Anonymousreply 498May 14, 2022 12:44 PM

Schmidt has three kids who are teens - I am sure they are loving every minute of this.

by Anonymousreply 499May 14, 2022 1:22 PM

R496, you know that being silent is just eating her up.

by Anonymousreply 500May 14, 2022 1:22 PM

I think both Meghan's mom and husband are keeping her restrained from acting out.

by Anonymousreply 501May 14, 2022 1:32 PM

^ I'd bet the rent that Ben is egging her on. Her mother's lawyers are trying to keep a muzzle on her

by Anonymousreply 502May 14, 2022 1:39 PM

Schmidt for President. It is an enormous accomplishment to get that woman to STFU.

by Anonymousreply 503May 14, 2022 4:04 PM

[quote]Everyone is entitled to be treated with respect dignity and humanity. That person across the counter is your equal and if work ethic were the measure your better. Soon I will complete my conversion

I'm a happy atheist from a Catholic H.S. St Francis '82, not a cultural tradition of giving up a shitty religion for many years prior. Yet,

Despite my atheism and different cultural upbringing, I've preferred Judaism for a number of years, mostly based on my parents' behavior. My mother was mean, loud, and needed to be heard despite her irrationally.

I prefer newer Jewish or Catholic traditions as they, Pope-driven, hypocritically self-advanced seem to be stripped of those Jared Kushner cunt who will steer many coming generations with Saudi enemies, like Mohammed bin Salaam who gave Jared Kushner $ 2BILLIONwho likes executions from afar as much as giving Ivanka's provenly

Who are really willing to hurt or kill if there is any political advantage, were how Catholics professed & kept power. That was the Pope from centuries ago.

The Sermon on the Mount and the Beatitudes

by Anonymousreply 504May 14, 2022 10:04 PM

[quote]Who are really willing to hurt or kill if there is any political advantage, were how Catholics professed & kept power.

Don't look now, Doc, but that is pretty much every government for pretty much ever. Even Israel? Why yes, even Israel.

by Anonymousreply 505May 14, 2022 10:17 PM

The cast has been dyed!

by Anonymousreply 506May 14, 2022 10:42 PM

^ What does that mean? 🤔

by Anonymousreply 507May 14, 2022 10:44 PM

[quote] Soon I will complete my conversion to Judaism.

Now the college students will want to shut him down

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508May 14, 2022 10:51 PM

Please, please, please, Holy Mary and all the angels and saints, please let there be a very special episode of the View, with Meghan as guest host and Steve Schmidt as guest.

Stand back, Whoopi and Joy, it is going to get U-G-L-Y.

by Anonymousreply 509May 15, 2022 12:18 AM

Steve is going after everybody who's tried to cut him down, and I'm so here for it. Spilling beans left and right.

The victim du jour is Mike Murphy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510May 15, 2022 1:56 AM

I want him too, I want him to throat fuck me. He seems rough

by Anonymousreply 511May 15, 2022 1:57 AM

I love it, R510. I don't give a fuck about any of them incl. the "Never Trumpers." They all fucking did this over years to the country. They built the Republican party as a safespace for bigots and racists long before Trump.

by Anonymousreply 512May 15, 2022 2:03 AM

Would someone smack R507 with a smelt, not only for being stupid but for shitting out her emojis?

Cunts ruin everything.

by Anonymousreply 513May 15, 2022 2:08 AM

Steve is pulling back the curtain on what a massive grift these PACs are at R510 link.

"@murphymike went on to lose the 2010 Whitman race by 18 points and made millions more. After that he made millions more running the most ineffectual SuperPac in American History, JEB! I founded the Lincoln Project."

The Pac grifters must be losing their damn minds behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 514May 15, 2022 2:17 AM

Any updates regarding Meghan's book sales?

Has she sold over 300 copies yet?

by Anonymousreply 515May 15, 2022 2:18 AM

R515, I'm up to 288. If I keep this up I'll sell more copies than Gone With the Wind!

by Anonymousreply 516May 15, 2022 2:27 AM

Man, he's just taking a blow torch to everyone in his former orbit. Love it

by Anonymousreply 517May 15, 2022 2:29 AM

Oh shiiitttt r510, not holding anything back. Oh, rip that damn curtain off the wall bitches. It is marvelous in our eyes!

by Anonymousreply 518May 15, 2022 3:53 AM

@r513, "Cunts ruin everything. "

And here you are to prove it, asshole

by Anonymousreply 519May 15, 2022 4:24 AM

Why is he converting to Judaism? Usually people convert in order to marry. There aren't a lot of people who just say "why not"?

I was wondering why he was trying to "cleanse his soul" without the benefit of a book deal. Terminal illness? No, he's found some good Jewess pussy and wants to buy the cow.

I know the good people on the blue team are eating this up but he was a Republican dirty trickster, and he will always be so. Trusting him is a fool's errand. Although it is great twitter drama.

by Anonymousreply 520May 15, 2022 4:32 AM

Trusting him is not the point. Enjoying Republicans eating their own is the point, always the point, always and forever.

by Anonymousreply 521May 15, 2022 4:35 AM

I’m not planning to marry the guy, so I don’t need to trust him. All I have to do is relax and watch the show.

by Anonymousreply 522May 15, 2022 4:46 AM

Next up- that idiot Matt Lewis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523May 15, 2022 4:08 PM

Stay out of Schmidt's way if you don't want to be blasted into outer space.

"What has Matt Lewis ever accomplished? What has he done? He has made a career of embracing Weirdoism as an ideology, philosophy and cash money geyser. He is a lot more Alex Jones than anything else. They are all vegetables in the same crusty, stinky stew of nasty and stupid/ that is paralyzing American politics. @mattklewis is like a Cheri Jacobus of the Palin Truther movement. He’s a little bit grifter and a lot obsessive. He has been on this beat for 14 years of uninterrupted dumb. I’m happy I had a chance to respond. Ire Matt! Be Well."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524May 15, 2022 4:35 PM

Atta boy, Steve, you tell 'em... and tell 'em... and tell 'em 😂

by Anonymousreply 525May 15, 2022 5:02 PM

I wasn't sure who Matt Lewis was until I saw his face. Another one of these DC hacks I can't stand.

by Anonymousreply 526May 15, 2022 5:06 PM

It’s telling that The View women including Joy got on with Elisabeth Hasselbeck off camera and they all couldn’t stand Meghan McCain. Even Whoopi who loves her anyone celebrity-adjacent gave up.

by Anonymousreply 527May 15, 2022 8:13 PM

Steve is a Democrat now. Some here said he’s an Independent. He’s not. He’s a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 528May 15, 2022 10:52 PM

[quote] Enjoying Republicans eating their own is the point, always the point, always and forever.

Steve, Meghan and Matt Lewis are all anti-Trump, so it’s specifically anti-Trump Republicans eating their own, which was inevitable.

by Anonymousreply 529May 16, 2022 5:25 AM

[quote] Enjoying Republicans eating their own is the point

it's the point of every one of those damn cuckolds jerking off furiously and eating their own cum while watching their wives get plowed by Alpha BBCs and other Republicunts. I guess they figure we don't need abortion or birth control as long as their thirst for their own cum runs so deeply.

by Anonymousreply 530May 16, 2022 5:30 AM

Meghan is not anti-Trum-p. She voted for him despite what she says. She’s a known liar.

by Anonymousreply 531May 16, 2022 10:43 AM

One of my favorite Twitter exchanges:

MEGHAN: It's like Beruit outside my NYC apartment right now!

NEIGHBOR: Meghan, I live in your building. It's fine.

Turns out, Meghan was tweeting from Florida.

by Anonymousreply 532May 16, 2022 1:19 PM

r532, Huh?

by Anonymousreply 533May 16, 2022 1:22 PM

^ During BLM protests, she tried to make NYC out to be a war zone, little did she realize that their might be other New Yorkers around who would call her out on her bullshit. She's not only a liar, she's stupid

by Anonymousreply 534May 16, 2022 1:28 PM

That story made me laugh because it was so emblematic of her narcissism. She couldn't fathom that there were other people who lived in her neighborhood who also had access to the internet and could easily disprove her story.What a dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 535May 16, 2022 1:31 PM

Meghan was born into a life of extreme privilege. She could have gone on to be anything she wanted, yet she chose THIS, whatever this is.

by Anonymousreply 536May 16, 2022 1:35 PM

r534, WOW. So she straight up lied about currently being in NYC. Well she could have been implying thats what was going on from news coverage. But if she made it seem like she was currently in NY thats a bit sociopathic.

by Anonymousreply 537May 16, 2022 2:14 PM

[quote]yet she chose THIS, whatever this is.

Perfect description.4

Here's the McCain exchange with her neighbor:

McCain: My neighborhood in Manhattan is eviscerated and looks like a war zone. DeBlasio and Cuomo are an utter disgrace. This is not America. Our leaders have abandoned us and continue to let great American cities burn to the ground and be destroyed. I never could have fathomed this

Kristen Bartlett: Meghan, we live in the same building, and I just walked outside. It’s fine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538May 16, 2022 2:41 PM

She is the quintessential Republican. They have to lie and gaslight to get one up on Democrats. They offer nothing. They have no policies that benefit anybody but the rich. They hate their base and use them. The kicker is they clearly offer them nothing yet those rubes still vote for them.

by Anonymousreply 539May 16, 2022 10:13 PM

^ Because Republicans have made quite clear that they hate the same people as the rubes do and that's all they need to get their vote

by Anonymousreply 540May 16, 2022 10:36 PM

R540 republicans also hate the rubes.

by Anonymousreply 541May 16, 2022 10:47 PM

But we don't tell them that., at least not to their faces.. so, hush!

by Anonymousreply 542May 16, 2022 10:50 PM

Meanwhile the only presidents who gave amnesty to illegals was Reagan, HW, and W. Republican donors want illegals.

Why are Cubans allowed to step foot and be citizens? Oh right! They vote Red!

by Anonymousreply 543May 16, 2022 10:50 PM

[quote] Why are Cubans allowed to step foot and be citizens?

Cause of me. You're welcome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544May 16, 2022 11:00 PM

R544 So they return the favor and vote Republican?

by Anonymousreply 545May 16, 2022 11:41 PM

There is a talking head who has been everywhere the past week. Literally everywhere. I'm not sure how he can be everywhere all day and all night. Oh, I know. It is coke. Nasty little habit he has, but maybe he should think about Adderall instead.

Steve Schmidt/"The Lincoln Project"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546May 17, 2022 6:55 AM

Thanks R546 for the link to a right wing cess pool of bullshit.

Is your name Meghan?

by Anonymousreply 547May 17, 2022 7:01 AM

R546 Yawn. This is just too predictable. CDAN is alt right wing propaganda masquerading as a gossip site. They exclusively target anyone famous and liberal ( while Schmidt is not liberal he is going after repubs so they're targeting him now). CDAN is the modern day equivalent of those gossip columns in the 60s that would spread lies planted by right wing government figures about left wing actors ( Jean Seberg being the most infamous example).

by Anonymousreply 548May 17, 2022 8:12 AM

Was there any question that the rant was chemically aided? I guess the alternative is that it was just the product of a diseased mind.

by Anonymousreply 549May 17, 2022 8:16 AM

You're welcome to ask him, r549.

by Anonymousreply 550May 17, 2022 8:33 AM

@r549, Yeah, sure, a guy opens up and tells the truth about a lot of people. Must be drugs or a diseased mind. 🙄

Maybe he's just had a lot of crap bottled up for a long time and once Meghan kicked a hole in the dam everything just came flowing down

by Anonymousreply 551May 17, 2022 8:34 AM

Republicans are triggered asf that Schmidt is napalming them.

by Anonymousreply 552May 17, 2022 11:08 AM

The party of law and odor loves their party favors. If he has a problem, he fits in.

by Anonymousreply 553May 17, 2022 11:47 AM

You mean the QAnon Central, CDAN, insinuated something about someone who's pissing off Republicans?? OMG, that's SO surprising!!

by Anonymousreply 554May 17, 2022 9:14 PM

If there is ever a a 72 hour involuntary hold on Steve, I’m not we would hear about it, but could probably surmise it if he has another breakdown and then is offline for at least that period.

by Anonymousreply 555May 17, 2022 9:50 PM

^ For what? Telling a few people who deserved it off?

by Anonymousreply 556May 17, 2022 9:52 PM

Really, how manic is it to type a few dozen Tweets in a week? Trump did it nightly for years.

by Anonymousreply 557May 17, 2022 10:02 PM

Is CDAN run by the fat kid with the jiggly stomach from Goonies?

by Anonymousreply 558May 17, 2022 10:58 PM

Meghan also started talking up Bill Maher in 2020. Then……….

by Anonymousreply 559May 18, 2022 12:49 AM

It's too bad poor Gilbert Gottfried succumbed to that awful disease before he could read Schmidt's tweets.

by Anonymousreply 560May 18, 2022 1:33 AM

It's too bad poor Gilbert Gottfried succumbed to that awful disease before he could read Schmidt's tweets.

by Anonymousreply 561May 18, 2022 1:34 AM

Love his take on Madison Cawthorn

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562May 18, 2022 4:05 AM

I think I love him…

by Anonymousreply 563May 18, 2022 8:35 AM

R563. I think he's a sexy daddy.

by Anonymousreply 564May 18, 2022 9:31 AM

I can't figure out if he has gone nuts or not. He sure is prolific and I think in his way clear on his principles - but the doggedness and the volume... I can't work out if he's just unwilling to give in or it's something that needs help.

by Anonymousreply 565May 18, 2022 2:06 PM

R565, we're getting top political gossip for free. Why would you want it to stop?

We get what others put in their books. He's not writing a book by his own admission so he's tweeting it. We get it in real writing time instead of waiting for it to be published. There's nothing that needs help here. On the contrary, we need to see more dirty laundry out in the open.

by Anonymousreply 566May 18, 2022 2:13 PM

[quote] we're getting top political gossip for free. Why would you want it to stop?

People can appreciate getting the inside info and take note of his mental health indicators. It’s not either/or.

by Anonymousreply 567May 18, 2022 2:22 PM

So now frequent tweeting is a measure of mental health?

by Anonymousreply 568May 18, 2022 2:24 PM

He just seems to have had enough. Calling him a pedo (bizarrely in my opinion since there's no evidence to suggest that he's one) tipped him over the edge. I think he really wants to be a Republican but the current state of the GOP is unjustifiable.

by Anonymousreply 569May 18, 2022 2:57 PM

I thought it was speculated that he is on the spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 570May 18, 2022 3:01 PM

At this point, I thought that it was a given that everyone is on the spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 571May 18, 2022 3:13 PM

What's funny about that BI at r546 is I would have assumed it was about Donald Trump Jr, who is clearly a cokehead with a Dad addicted to Adderall.

But I suppose the word has gone out: Steve Schmidt is a danger, alert all operatives. He must be a druggie and crazy and a chronic tweeter (from whores that love Trump, hah!).

by Anonymousreply 572May 18, 2022 4:13 PM

R569, maybe he's sick of the Republican "You're a pedo" name-calling. I think a lot of people are. They're using it to smear gay people and our allies

by Anonymousreply 573May 18, 2022 5:24 PM

^ What makes that all the more pathetic is that 99% of the time pedos are Republicans. Project much, repugs?

by Anonymousreply 574May 18, 2022 5:29 PM

[quote]Calling him a pedo (bizarrely in my opinion since there's no evidence to suggest that he's one) tipped him over the edge.

Again, r569, the pedo accusations are from Putin's playbook. Do not forget that. It's a fascist tool.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575May 18, 2022 5:56 PM

The *real* pedos...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576May 18, 2022 5:58 PM

Always interesting when one jumps from one judeo-christian religion to another judeo-christian religion. Basically they're pretty much the same.

Buddhism is the one to calm your life--The basic view is that nothing really matters so stop stressing. Take the median path and live a calm life.

by Anonymousreply 577May 18, 2022 6:30 PM

The term Pedo means child. That's all I meant to say.

by Anonymousreply 578May 18, 2022 8:11 PM

{quote]—E. Stefanik, Fascist Cunt Esq.

Fixed it for you, r578.

by Anonymousreply 579May 18, 2022 8:20 PM

Can someone explain to me why Stefanik's district still exists? Wasn't NY supposed to get rid of her district when it's redrawn?

by Anonymousreply 580May 19, 2022 2:15 AM

I forgot Meghan also started touting Bill Maher then sure enough he went Rightward.

by Anonymousreply 581May 19, 2022 3:09 AM

R568, I already WW'd you but am still chuckling out loud. Almost laughing, if Im' to be honest. If you were in the room with me, at the party I'm throwing myself tonight, I do believe I'd offer to refill your martini!

by Anonymousreply 582May 19, 2022 3:16 AM

R580 Stefanik's district was made MORE Republican under the Democratic plan. The Democrats were trying to maximize their gains, not take her out specifically, which would have been difficult because of the geography and an inefficient use of votes.

by Anonymousreply 583May 19, 2022 2:17 PM

r581, There is nothing right wing about Bill Maher. Just becaue he hates cancel culture and is not PC does not make him right wing. Yes, he's become a litlle insufferable in recent years. People like you are why liberalsim is a dirty word and why I am no longer a democrat.

by Anonymousreply 584May 19, 2022 3:48 PM

^ I hope you find comfort with the alternative 🙄

by Anonymousreply 585May 19, 2022 3:52 PM

r585, Dear or bro I am still very much a liberal, just not a democrat.

by Anonymousreply 586May 19, 2022 3:55 PM

[quote]Dear or bro I am still very much a liberal, just not a democrat.

That is a vain self-indulge in an age when the GOP is fascist, dear or bro.

by Anonymousreply 587May 19, 2022 3:58 PM

r587, I might still vote for democratic candidates; I'm pragmatic. I myself just no longer subscribe to that tribe. And I should clarify, I still very much believe in liberal principles but my politics as a whole are more libertarian.

by Anonymousreply 588May 19, 2022 4:02 PM

Libertarian? 😂

by Anonymousreply 589May 19, 2022 4:02 PM

"Libertarian" is a nice way of announcing one is simply selfish.

by Anonymousreply 590May 19, 2022 4:03 PM

r590, No its a pragmatic outlook when you become an adult and realize the government is wholly incompotent while still recognizing its vital function.

by Anonymousreply 591May 19, 2022 4:07 PM

Libertarian = I've got mine so fuck the rest of the world

by Anonymousreply 592May 19, 2022 4:11 PM

Libertarians are so immature. I mean, an example of a libertarian country would be somewhere like Somalia. But muh no taxes!

by Anonymousreply 593May 19, 2022 4:17 PM

[quote]There is nothing right wing about Bill Maher.

He's a neocunt and a Zionist who justifies every fucking thing Israel does. He slobbers over scum like Bibi Netanyahu. When Michelle Goldberg was once on and he was justifying the killings in Gaza, Goldberg asked him "Have you ever seen how these people are made to live?" And in his usual, smug tone "I don't have to see it."

[quote]Just becaue he hates cancel culture and is not PC does not make him right wing.

He's a bigot who brings on people like Bannon, Shapiro and Milo but doesn't have the guts to bring on people from the left to challenge him. He becomes more apoplectic over whatever "cancel culture" YOU and he thinks is coming from the left and ignore the fucking legislative cancelling, censorship, book bans, voter suppression laws and fascism coming from the right. Has he mentioned what Hawley is now trying to do Disney or was he too busy bitching about wearing a mask again because we all need to see that fugly face of his? And as far as "PC," if you really want to get into that, then let's talk about the fact that he's allowed to say some vile shit about certain groups, yet if anyone was to say it about certain other groups, they'd already be off the air and you fucking know it.

[quote]Yes, he's become a litlle insufferable in recent years.

No, he's become thin-skinned and stays in his safe-space where he brings on people who will meekly challenge him. He has no problem bringing on far-right people who literally have the same ideology as the terrorists who killed people in Buffalo and NZ

[quote]People like you are why liberalsim is a dirty word and why I am no longer a democrat.

People like you are why Trump - the stupidest, most corrupt, scumbag to ever become president still has influence. Keep doing that thing where you think an 18yo who wants to be called "they" or "non-binary" is a larger threat to you than the entire Republican party taking this country to hell.

by Anonymousreply 594May 19, 2022 4:27 PM

[quote]He's a bigot who brings on people like Bannon, Shapiro and Milo but doesn't have the guts to bring on people from the left to challenge him.

[quote]When Michelle Goldberg was once on ....

Hmmm.

by Anonymousreply 595May 19, 2022 4:32 PM

R591 hold strong. The twit who is trying to define "Libertarian" thinks they have (re-?)defined Democrat and liberalism as well. It's a pretty good indicator of what's wrong with the ultra-left wing of the Democratic Party. Anything to their right is Conservative, Fascist and evil; basically this is what Maher is saying. In the ACTUAL Maher thread, many are saying they've come to this way of thinking.

But enough of this off-topic nonsense. I'm here for Papa Steve to take another gulp of bourbon and unleash some more dirt. I wouldn't mind him unleashing something else I could gulp myself either!

by Anonymousreply 596May 19, 2022 4:37 PM

Yeah, R595, she was on ONCE.... four YEARS ago. When he still actually allowed himself to be challenged.

by Anonymousreply 597May 19, 2022 4:40 PM

He's had Bannon on twice. Because who doesn't need to hear the views of an avowed white nationalist more than once, right? He normalizes white supremacy because it doesn't affect him. Maher is a fucking coward and only the dummies who've convinced themselves they're "moderates" can't see it. Maher tolerates the right-wing because he isn't on the receiving end of their hateful legislation, so of course he doesn't give a shit

by Anonymousreply 598May 19, 2022 4:44 PM

[quote]Yeah, [R595], she was on ONCE

Michelle Goldberg appearances on Real Time:

Oct. 28, 2011

Jan 26, 2018

Sep 7, 2018

by Anonymousreply 599May 19, 2022 4:57 PM

R599, you're not embarrassed listing the 2011 appearance? Are you really this stupid that you're pretending you're missing my point? He STOPPED BRINGING ON PEOPLE TO CHALLENGE HIM *YEARS* AGO .

And you go and list her appearance from 11 years ago like you've made a point, when all you did was confirm mine. 11 fucking years ago - when people like me still watched him.

Do you understand that the fact that he doesn't bring on people like her in y e a r s - is precisely why people can't stand him anymore? Now do Bari Weiss who is a sniveling, thin-skinned idiot like him.

You really can't see it, can you?

by Anonymousreply 600May 19, 2022 5:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!