Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jane Fonda - Plastic Surgery

Jane is looking very strange after years of plastic surgery. You can only nip, tuck, and sandpaper so much. Her mouth is much wider. I don't know what they did to her friend Lily Tomlin , but her face is getting very long like a horse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219July 12, 2022 3:40 AM

Eeewww, she reminds me of this French whore now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 7, 2022 9:16 PM

It's hard to tell from that super filtered photo.

by Anonymousreply 2May 7, 2022 9:23 PM

What causes that wide lip thing? I totally want a lower face lift but the wide lips and the joker faces keep me terrified. If Jane Fonda can’t get good work, then I am screwed

by Anonymousreply 3May 7, 2022 9:28 PM

I saw those pics too, OP and thought "holy shit, she's turned the corner to Scarytown."

by Anonymousreply 4May 7, 2022 9:29 PM

Fonda looked fantastic for years. She seemed to be very careful with the procedures or had a great surgeon. Sadly she just doesn’t look like Jane Fonda now.

by Anonymousreply 5May 7, 2022 9:32 PM

Yeah, she went too far.

She looked better in the ealier seasons of Grace and Frankie.

She's actually looking like that episode where she never lived with Frankie and married George Hamilton.

by Anonymousreply 6May 7, 2022 9:38 PM

There's only so much you can do when you are 84 years old.

by Anonymousreply 7May 7, 2022 9:40 PM

I think she looks very good for a woman in her 80s

by Anonymousreply 8May 7, 2022 9:41 PM

Lily Tomlin now has a flat face. No cheek bones,

by Anonymousreply 9May 7, 2022 9:42 PM

Wow, that picture of her. What an amazing cautionary tale, right before your eyes.. Glad I'm a total chicken shit. I'm not in a profession where this cut up your body up to look good makes a difference, Thank God!! Years ago I took a friend for an ambulatory facial procedure. When she came out she looked like someone had taken a baseball bat to her face. That was my Aha moment. As in what the hell is this about. Why oh why would you sign up for this..voluntarily.

Guess if you sign up for this, eventually you really do get the face you deserve.

by Anonymousreply 10May 7, 2022 9:42 PM

Lily's work is very old school.

Jane's lips looked fucked last photo I saw this week- Which surprised me.

However, both of them look damn good for their ages. Neither let the work make them look like freaks- however, the work is majorly evident. Which I am cool with!

by Anonymousreply 11May 7, 2022 9:43 PM

"You know, has anyone ever told you ..... you look kinda sorta like Jane Fonda? "

by Anonymousreply 12May 7, 2022 9:44 PM

r3 She' can't, so you're screwed, bitch. Might as well just bend over and [italic]take[/italic] it.

by Anonymousreply 13May 7, 2022 9:56 PM

Her lips kind of remind me of when someone gets the wrinkles smoothed out above their lip because they have been chain smokers for years.

Does Janey smoke perchance?

by Anonymousreply 14May 7, 2022 9:56 PM

OP is Megyn Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 15May 7, 2022 10:03 PM

That picture is so touched up, it's hard to tell what she really looks like.

by Anonymousreply 16May 7, 2022 10:08 PM

This scary bullshit just goes to show you that no matter how much money you throw at your plastic surgeon (even if they're the best, which JF was no doubt able to afford), you're going to most likely come out looking like an alien version of yourself. Not worth it.

by Anonymousreply 17May 7, 2022 10:13 PM

R10 unfortunately the treatment of ugly/old women in society is so severe that the pain is worth it to them. Not worth the gamble to me but I don't judge

by Anonymousreply 18May 7, 2022 10:33 PM

Well ah doo declayuh... I never knew Lily had any work done!

by Anonymousreply 19May 7, 2022 11:03 PM

Does she go to Vanna White's surgeon?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 7, 2022 11:07 PM

HOLY CATS, R20! I haven't seen a face pic of Vanna in years and that pic looks like a caricature that someone drew of Vanna!

by Anonymousreply 21May 7, 2022 11:25 PM

Jesus, Fonda is over eighty. It's pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 22May 7, 2022 11:32 PM

Ashley Judd's work was shocking. It made her eyes look like teeny pinholes.

by Anonymousreply 23May 7, 2022 11:34 PM

R3 she has fantastic work done for decades. At some point a few years ago, however, she just turned a corner and went overboard. She’s also in her mid-80s now, so there’s only so much you can do without looking a bit scary.

by Anonymousreply 24May 7, 2022 11:50 PM

^^ Scary level achieved.

by Anonymousreply 25May 8, 2022 12:03 AM

I like Jane’s hair.

Face lifts: They’re different from brow lifts (and different from eye lifts). Face lifts involve pulling the mid-face (under the eyes) areas towards the ears. Hence the scars (vertical) in front of the ears. I’m guessing that may be why her mouth looks stretched, laterally.

She has naturally thin lips and her lipstick is over-drawn, i.e., applied outside the natural lip lines to give the appearance of fuller lips.

by Anonymousreply 26May 8, 2022 12:10 AM

looks like ron perlman. 😁

by Anonymousreply 27May 8, 2022 12:18 AM

I noticed it in The Book Club. Her face, along with Mary Steenburgen's, was very distracting. It was shiny and smooth, but then you could that see her neck was wrinkly, and she was hunched over like an old lady. It was weird. Meanwhile, Candice Bergen and Diane Keaton looked natural and they both looked great.

by Anonymousreply 28May 8, 2022 12:22 AM

Why the fuck would anyone in their 80s get any vanity work done? Geezus.

by Anonymousreply 29May 8, 2022 12:30 AM

I read one of Fonda's books. Her father fucked her up pretty badly as a kid in regards to a women's worth in relation to her appearance, I imagine this to be why Jane is so obsessed with her appearance. Her mother also committed suicide in a hospital when Jane was a kid and she was told it was a heart attack that killed her mother. Jane found out from a kid at school via a movie magazine that Henry Fonda's wife had killed herself. Very sad.

by Anonymousreply 30May 8, 2022 12:32 AM

I think she resembles Ron Perlman in that picture

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 8, 2022 12:41 AM

I miss the days of old people looking like old people rather than like aliens.

by Anonymousreply 32May 8, 2022 12:43 AM

I saw a picture of Lily Tomlin the other day and thought exactly what OP said about the long face, wtf did they do just stretch it vertically?

by Anonymousreply 33May 8, 2022 12:51 AM

She looks like somebody dipped Christine Baranski in epoxy

by Anonymousreply 34May 8, 2022 1:13 AM

Lily Tomlin always had a long mid-face area.

by Anonymousreply 35May 8, 2022 1:26 AM

I'm so sad that Tomlin would go under the knife..For what? She wasn't a star because of her great beauty. She was a comic...LA natives does Hollywood rot their brains??

by Anonymousreply 36May 8, 2022 1:27 AM

She should relax with procedures now. She's in her eighties...84. It's silly to try to look like a sex kitten at her age. She would still look great without all the lifts.

by Anonymousreply 37May 8, 2022 1:57 AM

Jane's plastic surgery at her age/stage are unsurprising. She reminds me of Brad Pitt -- a person who becomes whatever their partner is or wants her to be.

When she was with Vadim, she was a sex kitten who had threesomes to please him. When she was with Hayden, she was an activist and rebel. With Ted Turner, she quit Hollywood to hang out on a ranch.

She has no identity of her own -- something even she admitted in one of her bios. R30 is right. Here father fucked her up. She was bulimic for years and probably still believes she's only worthy as long as she looks good. That won't change simply because she'll turn 85 on her next birthday.

by Anonymousreply 38May 8, 2022 2:07 AM

There was an HBO documentary about her, a couple of years back....and Jane is very open and honest about her emotional flaws and how her dad affected her life. She's a smart woman, but I guess trying to overcome some things is still difficult.

by Anonymousreply 39May 8, 2022 2:13 AM

R28 I disagree that Candace Bergen looks “great” - not to mention she did have at least one facelift before she totally let herself go - but I do agree that Keaton, amazingly enough looks great. Not that she doesn’t look older then dirt (she has about the same amount of wrinkles as my grandmother did, at 90), but she looks exactly like herself, just older - and most people who age naturally do end up not only looking much older, but also different. Her voice is still exactly the same, as well.

I wonder if subconsciously Jane get these surgeries to look less like her father. If she has never had a single thing done to her she would be his doppelgänger - and even as recently as Georgia Rule she looked exactly like him.

by Anonymousreply 40May 8, 2022 2:26 AM

She doesnt look like herself anymore.

by Anonymousreply 41May 8, 2022 2:30 AM

Candice (2015) admits she's fat. She looks less worked-on (surgery) than Jane. IMO, she has a wider face and maybe an easier bone structure (cheekbones) for aging. She also seems like a happier person.

As time goes on, I think Jane is really unhappy with herself and despite everything, is still man-identified. She's sold a lot of products and was having plastic surgery all the while.

She did speak out about the Roe v. Wade reversal, so, that's good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42May 8, 2022 2:45 AM

But Jack NEVER has fish at home.

by Anonymousreply 43May 8, 2022 3:29 AM

She should be releasing another torrid tidbit from her life. Let's see what's on the menu. I am thinking that she will confess to having a Vietnamese gang bang after mounting a cannon.

by Anonymousreply 44May 8, 2022 3:35 AM

Jane looks sensational here just a few years ago. All smoke and mirrors i know, but more real and less manufactured than she looks now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 8, 2022 2:14 PM

Fonda, God, what a mess on so many levels. Shame she didn't use some of all that dosh to get some real psychological help. Her continuing to blame her long dead & forgotten father for her trainwrecks, silly. As a therapist once told me, all the actors in that drama you keep recreating are dead. Was a lightbulb, V-8, Aha moment for me. Helped me to stop the blame game, get responsible for my own mistakes & move on. Grateful. I, got that better job, better money & best of all a better acceptance of myself, being a gay man &being able move onto a great longterm relationship I am still in today.

by Anonymousreply 46May 8, 2022 6:11 PM

R46, Except your take on her relationship and description of it from with her father are all wrong. You need to check out her Masterclass on YouTube or one of her books. Clearly you have not and are shooting from the hip. Typical DL idiocy.

by Anonymousreply 47May 8, 2022 7:21 PM

So, if she's all healed & SOOO enlightened now, how come heading towards 90 years she is still surgically fucking with her face? Like that's self love? Hell, isn't even self acceptance. She continues to mention mean, cold Daddy & Mommy's death. At 80years plus, STILL banging on about this shite! Hell, he's been dead for FORTY YEARS, FFS. Read my lips. Snap out of t!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 8, 2022 7:30 PM

She’s wealthy, so can indulge her mental issues with cosmetic surgery. But maybe she’s really not that different from a lot of people. I’m 49 and still feel dragged down and haunted by my childhood and long dead parents. I’m not saying it’s smart or healthy but it may be common.

by Anonymousreply 49May 8, 2022 7:49 PM

Even with all her plastic surgeries, Fonda does more good to the world with her wealth, fame and power than almost anyone else in Hollywood.

SO SHUT THE FUCK UP.

by Anonymousreply 50May 8, 2022 7:59 PM

So, its do what I say, not what I do & I'll give you so money so you SHUT THE FUCK UP about how I'm living. Always the same. I'll talk the talk, don't pay attention to how I walk the walk. And loads of wanna be fame fuckers will drink this Kool-Aide.

by Anonymousreply 51May 8, 2022 8:04 PM

I think it may also be a denture issue.

by Anonymousreply 52May 9, 2022 8:13 AM

She’s looking simian. I don’t think it’s the facelifts but the filler that they put in all of the lines and nasolabial folds that overly smooths everything out. So you get that Ron Perelman look. Diane Keaton and Lauren Hutton, etc.. look great as they’ve had conventional facelifts and neck lifts with some eye work or whatever… but those fillers can really erase features if used over zealously.

by Anonymousreply 53May 9, 2022 9:44 AM

Thanks for posting the clip, R45. 9 to 5 has always been one of my comfort movies - even 40 years later, those three women put a smile on my face.

by Anonymousreply 54May 9, 2022 10:17 AM

Shr got the face she deserved. People seeing the cover & saying WTF, Who IIS that? HAHAHAHA!!!

by Anonymousreply 55May 9, 2022 1:59 PM

most start too heavy before they really need it.

already attractive people need to wait until the villagers gather their pitchforks and torches...

as they're not realizing getting touchups and fixes requires a lifetime commitment as adjustments become necessary as your body changes; be it from age or other circumstances leading to bodily change

and since HMOs became the norm rather than the exception.. many docs simply aren't as qualified nor are they likely to refer elsewhere when something falls out of their range of expertise. Same with your GP that has become a prescription vending machine. . . but that falls on the consumer that believes in bargain hunting for the biggest savings and the nearest deals. but I digress...

most don't keep up with the work... and then go in for extreme makeovers once again.

some like hanoi jane also don't realize they'll never get rid of their rbf or daddy issues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56May 9, 2022 2:15 PM

Thanks for the Ani.!! Man when she is on, she is so on. Love me some Ani. And boy is she spot on with this tune.

by Anonymousreply 57May 9, 2022 2:21 PM

r57 I was hoping to find the original video of her hopping down the street of (Olympia?)

by Anonymousreply 58May 9, 2022 2:22 PM

Isn’t she 80 or close to it?

WTF do you expect, OP.?

JFC. She looks fine.

by Anonymousreply 59May 9, 2022 3:28 PM

^ I think Lighthouse For the Blind will provide you a free cane & maybe dark glasses.

by Anonymousreply 60May 9, 2022 3:51 PM

She's 84...crossed that threshold.

by Anonymousreply 61May 10, 2022 2:47 PM

Her face looks painful

by Anonymousreply 62May 11, 2022 6:28 AM

Who's laughing now huh, Aunt Hanoi Jane

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63May 11, 2022 7:20 AM

I must admit that I do not understand most of what is being commented here, which is probably for the best; lots of you know a helluva lot more than i do about all this, but kudos for your knowledge. Jane, Jane, Jane. one thing I used to think was damn she has had real good surgery, etc., as in better than anyone. all things must pass, as George H. once sang.

by Anonymousreply 64May 11, 2022 7:31 AM

The wealthiest and most successful among us don't know when it's time to accept aging and move off the stage. Diane Feinstein and half of Congress, case in point. Your 80s is the time to wind down. I'm not saying Jane should give up her career but it's time to make her life about something other than her appearance.

by Anonymousreply 65May 11, 2022 7:40 AM

She was so attractive for so long I guess it can be scary to feel you’re losing what’s left of your looks at any age. She has a will of iron. It’s not too surprising she refuses to go down without a fight. As others have said, for much longer than most, the work she had done looked really good.

by Anonymousreply 66May 11, 2022 10:51 AM

Jane F, Lily T, and Dolly P all seem to have the same really long, flat face that sort of scoops out at the jaw. I haven’t seen this in people I know who have aged without surgery, so my question is, why do that to yourself?

by Anonymousreply 67May 11, 2022 11:37 AM

At 84, stop. Or if you can have a classic face lift that tightens. Filling the face with shit doesn't work, particularly if you start with small eyes.

R31 captures the problem: the simian or Ron Perlman look. Christine Baranski is in the same boat.

How hard can it be to go to the surgeon and say what can we do without winding up looking like that? Because that is not what I want. The ethics of cosmetic surgeons are pretty awful. They seem to be content to sell procedures with no thought to the outcome - which isn't what these women (and some men) are trying to buy. Imagine selling someone hope knowing you're probably delivering disappointment?

by Anonymousreply 68May 11, 2022 12:12 PM

[quote]What causes that wide lip thing?

Her whole mouth pops out like she's wearing ill-fitting dentures.

by Anonymousreply 69May 11, 2022 12:26 PM

Hanoi Jane gets the face she deserves & best of all for everyone to see..HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

by Anonymousreply 70May 11, 2022 12:28 PM

Katherine Hepburn and Angela had occasional facelifts throughout their lives but looked rested rather than attempting to look years younger. Also they reached a point where they said I'm old. I should look old. Looks like Fonda will never reach that point.

by Anonymousreply 71May 11, 2022 12:36 PM

I miss Hunter Tylo.

by Anonymousreply 72May 11, 2022 12:44 PM

R71, that's because facelifts were different then. They stretched and cut the skin and not the muscle.

by Anonymousreply 73May 11, 2022 12:46 PM

Jane looks like Melanie Griffith now.

She should have stopped a couple of surgeries ago. Just like Faye Dunaway (who should have stopped at Columbo and just aged naturally from there) she went too far and now she doesn't even look human anymore.

And yes I agree that her father fucked her up mentally and remains fucked up from him. Notice in the final season of Grace and Frankie they wrote in a bit about daddy issues (the episode where her brother shows up).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74May 11, 2022 12:54 PM

Daddy's been dead for 40 Years, yes, 4 decades, 40 read it again... She is in her 80's rich as Croesus, FFS. Get some real therapy instead of plastic surgery, so you can Finally Snap Out of It. Everytime she shows up with more of her Summerwhine..I feel like Cher. Imagine if she had any real life problems, rent, food, car insurance..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75May 11, 2022 1:03 PM

R1 Why do you call her a whore, do you really loathe women that much?

by Anonymousreply 76May 11, 2022 1:06 PM

Doesn't really look like her at all now, does it?

I saw a cut to her during an awards (?) show some years ago. She looked like a ghoul. Her vanity is exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 77May 11, 2022 1:08 PM

Those green sleeves aren't doing her any favors.

by Anonymousreply 78May 11, 2022 1:10 PM

R76, that's not Jane Fonda.

A big problem with Fonda's surgery - your skin is much less elastic after age 60, making facelifts looks stretched and unnatural. If you have one after age 70, you're asking for TROUBLE.

by Anonymousreply 79May 11, 2022 1:10 PM

R76, R1 included a photo of and was referring to the adulterous pedophile who is now married to her former student - the French president.

by Anonymousreply 80May 11, 2022 1:13 PM

Thanks, R80, I mis-read it.

by Anonymousreply 81May 11, 2022 1:17 PM

Her whining about her father was always a bit tiresome. Henry Fonda may have been a cold, emotionally repressed narcissist, but so was every midwestern man born in the 1900s. She and Peter always hoped he'd get in touch with his ~feelings~ and become all touchy-feely, but that clearly was never going to happen.

Why did Jane get all pissy with Megyn Kelly for asking about her obvious and numerous plastic surgeries? Now she seems happy to reflect on them and her vanity..

by Anonymousreply 82May 11, 2022 1:19 PM

Because Megyn Kelly went after her and not surgically altered and Hair Club for Men member, co-star Robert Redford, sitting right next to her, R82.

by Anonymousreply 83May 11, 2022 1:23 PM

R82 Now she seems happy to talk about her surgery? She was always happy to do so. It's the only reason Megyn Kelly would have asked her about her surgery. Do you think she would have asked, say, Faye Dunaway about hers? No. But Jane has opened that door many times and so Megyn asked. Jane only got pissy because she was obviously forced to do the show and the question was being asked by a former Fox News babe. If Savannah Guthrie had asked the same question, Jane would have been happy to answer.

by Anonymousreply 84May 11, 2022 1:24 PM

Yes Megyn is a Trumpster piece of shit. And after him threatening her and her family!. No wonder Fonda was so annoyed with her.

by Anonymousreply 85May 11, 2022 1:27 PM

Who could force this Strong, Free Liberated I'm Woman hear me Roar to do an interview?

by Anonymousreply 86May 11, 2022 1:32 PM

When and how did Trump threaten Megyn and her family? I must have missed that. Link?

I do recall him saying she must have been "bleeding from her wherever" after she turned on him at one of the debates (after praising him to the heavens on her show every night).

by Anonymousreply 87May 11, 2022 1:33 PM

R86 Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 88May 11, 2022 1:34 PM

That's an awful picture in OP's post. The hair and dress stink. I saw Jane and Lily fairly close up at a benefit a few months ago and they both looked great, as good as two women their age possibly can.

by Anonymousreply 89May 11, 2022 1:34 PM

Why do people ask for links? Are they that incompetent?

R87 You clearly have not been paying attention. Look at her interview with Anderson Cooper. After she brought up to Trump possible sexual abuse allegations he of course became very nasty as did Michael Cohen who was such a scumbag yet after being thrown into the toilet like a used piece of toilet paper by Trump is such a repentant changed man!

by Anonymousreply 90May 11, 2022 1:39 PM

R90 So you can't provide one. I guess because it never happened. Gotcha. Apologies for assuming you were commenting in good faith and not just making shit up.

And then you go into a totally irrelevant thing that has nothing to do with your claims of Trump threatening Megyn and her family.

by Anonymousreply 91May 11, 2022 1:41 PM

I don’t think trump threatened her family, his cult members did.

by Anonymousreply 92May 11, 2022 1:45 PM

The only threats I saw were from Democrats. Just like when they tried to kill Tucker's wife and kids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93May 11, 2022 1:48 PM

So it is beyond your capabilities to look up interviews on youtube? And I've got to provide you with a fucking link or it didn't happen?

You are an asshole the size of Brazil.

Gotcha.

by Anonymousreply 94May 11, 2022 1:55 PM

Oh well if it's on Youtube then it must be true...

by Anonymousreply 95May 11, 2022 1:58 PM

Yeah especially because it comes from Kelly's own mouth. So because it is on youtube it has to be a total lie!

'I don’t think trump threatened her family, his cult members did.'

And who is behind Trump cult members? Hubert Humphrey?

by Anonymousreply 96May 11, 2022 2:01 PM

Your constant need to make shit up isn't doing you any favors, dear.

by Anonymousreply 97May 11, 2022 2:09 PM

Jane looks good.

by Anonymousreply 98May 11, 2022 2:34 PM

[quote]Does Jane smoke per chance?

I can totally see her chain-smoking between her workout sessions back then. It was the 80s after all.

by Anonymousreply 99May 11, 2022 2:49 PM

Botch stole my look and made it all freaky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100May 11, 2022 2:55 PM

Jane Fonda inherited a female version of her father's face. All high cheekbones and big blue eyes with her and a feminine jaw line and chin. Gorgeous for ages she was. Headturner to a downright whiplash inducing degree.

Why she had however many procedures too many is beyond me. Her Fonda cheekbones are goners what for that with the fillers. It's a crying shame. The planes of her face led to shadows which filmed and photographed beautifully and they hinged on those cheekbones she inherited from her father but now they're lost to fillers and she looks like she's from The Planet of the Apes.

by Anonymousreply 101May 11, 2022 3:04 PM

R84, you're dreaming. Fonda and Redford were there to plug a dumb TV movie. She was not expecting to be asked plastic surgery questions, the producer's pre-interview didn't warn her.

by Anonymousreply 102May 11, 2022 3:10 PM

[quote]Gorgeous for ages she was. Headturner to a downright whiplash inducing degree.

Um, no.

by Anonymousreply 103May 11, 2022 3:12 PM

^87 She let Netflix Make her be interviewed? I can't believe it. Not our Jane.

by Anonymousreply 104May 11, 2022 3:13 PM

[quote]Gorgeous for ages she was. Headturner to a downright whiplash inducing degree.

Get a fucking grip and find something sad to cry about, crybaby.

She's 84 fucking years old and trying to pretend that her face is still 34 years old. She had a longer run than most who take up being a plastic surgery patient as a hobby, but she could never dial it down, relax her standards, allow a little age to show, but no, except for that fireworks display of old scrarecrow hair of the old TV journalist sort, she wants her face cut and sliced and sewn up again, with injections, and pounds of war paint applied and clothes as foil to reflect life onto her dead cheek flesh.

She said more than two years ago that she was done with plastic surgery, but a preoccupation is a difficult thing to let loose of.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105May 11, 2022 3:20 PM

Compare the above to this 1970 pic:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106May 11, 2022 3:36 PM

R105 I love how Jane thinks wearing a gray wig (instead of her usual blonde one) is evidence of how she's accepted and is empowered by aging but then ducks to the surgeon's office to have another round of surgery the moment she gets a Covid break from her show.

by Anonymousreply 107May 11, 2022 4:12 PM

I've always thought Jane looked like someone plopped a wig on Henry and thus have never found her beautiful. With that said, she has a gorgeous body and at least on Grace and Frankie dressed wonderfully. Also, as evidenced by her performance on Grace and Frankie, she is just not funny (even as a straight woman, Jane Curtin would have gone to town with Grace, Jane misses so many comedic opportunities) on the show). Fortunately, Lily is, which (almost) makes up for it.

by Anonymousreply 108May 11, 2022 4:54 PM

Jane admits to getting breast implants when she was over 40. Her love affair with plastic surgery is pathological.

by Anonymousreply 109May 11, 2022 5:15 PM

[quote]Her whole mouth pops out like she's wearing ill-fitting dentures.

I think this may be the biggest change. I'm sure she has the nicest all-on-4 dentures money can buy, but there's too much projection in the mouth and it seems like a sudden change. It does look like she's working to keep her lips closed. Maaaybe it's filler, but it looks more dental-related, to me.

by Anonymousreply 110May 11, 2022 5:41 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111May 12, 2022 10:45 AM

She looks like the Grandma Troll doll in that picture.

by Anonymousreply 112May 12, 2022 3:30 PM

Why would she get dentures? If she was losing teeth why not get crowns or those implants? It can't be fear of pain with all of the work she has had done or lack of money.

by Anonymousreply 113May 12, 2022 6:13 PM

I imagine without any make-up on she looks very very different. She's been tremendously insecure her whole life feeling horribly inadequate with a cold unloving father and a mother who committed suicide when she was a girl. The ultimate rejection. These are traumas you never get over no matter how old you are. But one thing she had when she was young was great beauty(and talent but who cares about that when you are a knock-out.) It is impossible for her to let go of at least the illusion.

by Anonymousreply 114May 12, 2022 7:01 PM

[quote]Why would she get dentures? If she was losing teeth why not get crowns or those implants?

R113, if there's severe bone loss, which can happen with advanced age, implants are impossible. You can have bone grafts, but that's a long process and keeps you out of commission for six months, at her age probably much more. Perhaps Jane didn't want to go through all that. Crowns do not replace lost teeth.

by Anonymousreply 115May 12, 2022 9:20 PM

I don't know about "great talent", she just seemed arrogant .

by Anonymousreply 116May 12, 2022 9:24 PM

She looks like Gary Busey, or that other actor who looks like Gary Busey. Nick Nolte?

by Anonymousreply 117May 12, 2022 9:27 PM

^ That would be Mickey Rourke

by Anonymousreply 118May 12, 2022 9:28 PM

She's a hypocrite. I don't remember if it was at Cannes or in Italy, but when she was interviewed about the movie Youth she was asked what youth was to her, and she had the audacity to say something along the lines of "to me youth is being young inside" when her face is literally botched, freakish and bloated from all kids of surgeries and procedures she had in the years... to stay young. lol

by Anonymousreply 119May 12, 2022 9:30 PM

Jane Fonda looks embalmed, but get aload of frequent co-star Robert Redford with her a few years ago - dressed like a slob with that wig draped all over his forehead like he thinks it's 1972 and he's 35.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120May 12, 2022 9:38 PM

r119 Shut up, u imbecile

by Anonymousreply 121May 12, 2022 9:42 PM

Redford looks like he has dementia, poor man.

by Anonymousreply 122May 13, 2022 1:02 AM

R73: which way is better? Skin or the muscle?

by Anonymousreply 123May 13, 2022 1:13 AM

The old style facelift was more natural looking but didn't last as long, R123.

by Anonymousreply 124May 13, 2022 1:42 AM

She looks like a talking corpse on the last season of Grace and Frankie. It's her mouth.

by Anonymousreply 125May 13, 2022 3:48 AM

She’ll look good in about 3 years once the wrinkles start coming in. Just in time for death

by Anonymousreply 126May 13, 2022 3:53 AM

Why doesn't Redford color his sideburns? This modest nod to old age seems too little too late. Did he find the wig in a theatrical storehouse specializing in productions of Blossom Time and then spray paint it orange red?

by Anonymousreply 127May 13, 2022 5:04 AM

How can a person display simultaneously such brittleness and megalomania ? It's always been the vibe I got from Jane. She's such a walking paradox. Endlessly talking about strength and feminism while being such a little lady and absolute pushover. When she talks you get the sense that she's performing a character she thinks she ought to be at that moment.

It must be quite the trip to be so utterly confused about herself, never making a iota of progress in her entire existence, yet still feeling the need to write 3 books about her life. Exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 128May 13, 2022 6:31 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129May 13, 2022 6:32 PM

[quote]When she talks you get the sense that she's performing a character she thinks she ought to be at that moment.

She'll do what sells, R128, it had nothing to do with being confused. In the early 1980s when Jane was pushing those exercise videos into multi-million dollar sales, I said - Jane Fonda, Revolutionary, becomes Jane Fonda, Super Capitalist!

by Anonymousreply 130May 13, 2022 6:45 PM

If she's struggling to keep her mouth closed, it could be due to a lip lift.

by Anonymousreply 131May 13, 2022 6:57 PM

Fonda says she quit smoking cigarettes in 1975, but still tokes up once in a while.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132May 13, 2022 7:20 PM

Kind of like Barbra "I don't smoke" Streisand, R132.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133May 13, 2022 7:27 PM

She's the self-important daughter of a famous actor and worked that shit to death. I find her mannered strident performances more irritating than enjoyable. Did like her in Nine to Five.

by Anonymousreply 134May 14, 2022 4:03 PM

Give the new procedures a few months to settle.

She'll look great by Thanksgiving.

by Anonymousreply 135May 14, 2022 4:06 PM

Truth is she's worn out her welcome and relevance. Nobody really believes a word she says anymore. And they don't care enough to feel much about that. She never was any fun. Her explorations were all about herself or to please some man. Rinse and repeat. Take up a cause, helicopter in to protest something new. R128 gets Fonda. She's spent her whole life exploring and espousing and revealing.

And now she looks like THAT.

by Anonymousreply 136May 15, 2022 12:38 AM

At least Jane seems to still have her own hair. It did appear she was wearing wigs at one point.

Then again, she always had thick abundant hair, when that kind of hair thins, the thinning is not very noticeable.

You can see Jane's natural hair here. My mom had very thick hair like Jane's, she's old now, yet, still has a very strong front hairline and a lot of hair.

btw, Jane looks Hispanic in the last two photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137May 15, 2022 12:47 AM

I don't know about recently, but a few years back, Jane blamed her career on the work she'd had done: 'Ir's a work obligation. If I didn't get any work done, I'd be even less in the game (at my age) than if I did get it done."

She was the guest of honor at a special screening of Coming Home at the Lighthouse Center NYC about ten years ago and she was fantastic. 'Star treatment' is not important to her; she's the epitome of a down-to-earth celebrity

by Anonymousreply 138May 15, 2022 2:18 AM

She's not a DIVA. She's a neurotic, insincere, desperate old HAG. Embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 139May 15, 2022 2:23 AM

Please. Glenda Jackson (1 year older) is still doing the theater and TV without having had plastic surgery, and Jane could have been too. She might not have got "Book Club," but that might have been a blessing in disguise...

There are many other examples too.

by Anonymousreply 140May 15, 2022 2:34 AM

Jane could play Hellen Mirren's daughter in something.

by Anonymousreply 141May 15, 2022 2:41 AM

Jane could play her daughter's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 142May 15, 2022 2:43 AM

She looks like Melanie Griffith now.

by Anonymousreply 143May 15, 2022 2:46 AM

No, R143. You must say she looks like Melanie Griffith's DAUGHTER now.

Rest easy, sweet Jane.

by Anonymousreply 144May 15, 2022 2:52 AM

She should do a Body Double reboot.

by Anonymousreply 145May 15, 2022 2:54 AM

'She'll look great by Thanksgiving.'

But by Christmas she'll look dreadful again and have to undergo further procedures.

by Anonymousreply 146May 15, 2022 3:01 AM

[quote]Please. Glenda Jackson (1 year older) is still doing the theater and TV without having had plastic surgery, and Jane could have been too. She might not have got "Book Club," but that might have been a blessing in disguise... There are many other examples too.

If you are so familiar with UK performers, most, unless, they make it big in the US, don't have work done. I watch a lot of British, Scottish and Irish TV shows, most of the older performers have tons of wrinkles, especially on the cop shows. Europeans in general don't seem to have a problem with showing their age.

Helen Mirren had work done years ago, mostly because she's a big star in the US.

Blame Americans warped view of female aging, not the female celebrities who get massive amounts of plastic surgery, fillers etc in order to stay relevant and remain working.

by Anonymousreply 147May 15, 2022 3:42 AM

No, just no R147. Don't blame Jane Fonda's pathology on the need for American female celebrities to have surgery to stay employed.

Jane Fonda spent 30 years claiming she didn't really think of herself as an actress. She was an activist, business woman, wife and feminist. She's a limelight hog. A pig of human neediness.

The men are gone, her hips hurt and that pussy must be withered. She fucked and fucked and fucked with her face and chin and jaw and lip lift and eye jobs and tits in and out so many times since she decided to grow old gracefully and embrace the "third act" of her life. What a fucking hypocrite and terrible mess of a human being. Always with that trembling voice full of righteousness and uncertainty. One could feel for her for a long time - she's quite intelligent and insightful. So she fucks with her face and confesses about it. Even Jane doesn't blame the culture for that. She is just twooo insecure to pwease the men in her life. Starting with daddy. She always makes herself a year older - as if that gets her extra applause for still starving herself. The long list of men in her life are like her fans. DEAD.

by Anonymousreply 148May 15, 2022 3:54 AM

Tell us how you really feel, r148. Who’s the damaged one? JFC.

by Anonymousreply 149May 15, 2022 3:58 AM

I'm guessing Jane Fonda and you are the damaged ones, R149.

by Anonymousreply 150May 15, 2022 4:04 AM

I’m not the one who posted an unhinged rant, r149. You hate Jane. We get it.

by Anonymousreply 151May 15, 2022 4:15 AM

Woohoo R148! That was rough - but I see no lies. Jane Fonda destroyed the respect that so many had for her, all by herself.

by Anonymousreply 152May 15, 2022 4:26 AM

In her world, every woman has work done. It's what you do. You can't buzz around Beverly Hills and NYC and Aspen and wherever else with haggy baggy eyes and jowls. They aren't trying to look exactly like they did when they were young. They just don't want to look old. She looks like a wealthy woman who can afford face work. I give someone who lives in front of the camera a pass. Do your thing Jane. Fuck it.

by Anonymousreply 153May 15, 2022 4:52 AM

Fonda looks grotesque. Nothing like a wealthy woman with face work. She's a casualty.

by Anonymousreply 154May 15, 2022 4:54 AM

You do reach a point where it doesn't work anymore and Fonda has gotten way past that point. I hate getting old too and if I had her money I don't think I could stop. And men with plastic surgery look far worse than women. I mean discreet tightening can work like Cary Grant who aged as well as anybody could.

by Anonymousreply 155May 15, 2022 8:47 AM

Love when someone's insides are finally reflected on the outside. She got the face she deserved.

Love when offspring who benefited totally from famous parent spends so many years blaming that parent for how fucked up they are. How old is she? 80's? & still Henry is to blame for her MJ level plastic obsession Jane, Daddy's dead 40years. At this poing even his bones are gone. All the principles in your drama are dead. You're talking to turned backs & dead air.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156May 15, 2022 1:12 PM

Watch a bit of this video. She looks fabulous. Some of y'all are nuts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157May 15, 2022 1:49 PM

R137 = unfamiliar with teasing and hair spray

by Anonymousreply 158May 15, 2022 1:50 PM

R157, you're right. She looks great in that video.

by Anonymousreply 159May 15, 2022 4:11 PM

[quote] At least Jane seems to still have her own hair. It did appear she was wearing wigs at one point.

She's still wearing wigs. Like the long, blonde ponytail. Even the gray hair is likely a wig. But, so what.

by Anonymousreply 160May 15, 2022 4:17 PM

R157. Hmm I don’t know. She certainly doesn’t look “grotesque” but I agree she should have stopped a couple of surgeries ago.

But she’s another one whose voice never changed, and I wonder what are the genetics behind that (since she was also a smoker).

by Anonymousreply 161May 15, 2022 4:58 PM

There's a lot to admire Jane for, but the thing that annoys me is that every time she starts championing something, she acts like it's this brand news discovery that no one else has stumbled upon.

Al Gore's been covering Climate Change in depth since the early 2000's. But the way Fonda carried on when she first started, it was like nobody knew anything about it until Jane heard Greta Thurnburg speak about it at a conference.

And yeah, she showboats sometimes as well. Giving an awards acceptance speech while she was being arrested was a little too much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162May 15, 2022 5:00 PM

[quote]she acts like it's this brand news discovery that no one else has stumbled upon.

Yeah, it was like that with the Vietnam War too.

by Anonymousreply 163May 15, 2022 5:03 PM

Ouch!

by Anonymousreply 164May 15, 2022 5:06 PM

Her bests role Barbarella. She should have retired after that one. She is the poster child for Nepotism Gave Me a Career. Too bad she has to still throw so much shade on the Daddy who made it all happen. As to her jumping on the latest bandwagon that someone else set in motion, while trying to claim it as her own; Not the sharpest tool in the shed, is she?.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165May 15, 2022 7:46 PM

I liked her best in they shoot horses, don’t they? and the morning after.

by Anonymousreply 166May 15, 2022 9:18 PM

[quote]You hate Jane.

We're allowed to, dear. Not that I do. But we are allowed to hate people. The fact that you take someone's opinion so personally (as if you're actually dear old Jane herself) is rather interesting and disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 167May 15, 2022 9:22 PM

What about CAT BALLOU?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168May 15, 2022 11:04 PM

[quote][R137] = unfamiliar with teasing and hair spray

You know NOTHING about abundant thick natural hair, Jane had it. Even when Jane's hair was in a short shag in KLUTE, you could easily see she had naturally thick hair. No, that was not a wig, Jane continued to have the same haircut, even after the KLUTE filming was finished.

You seems quite clueless. You cannot tease thin hair to make it look like Jane's thick gorgeous hair in those three B&W photos. Clearly. you are not a dermatologist, let alone, a hair stylist!

Speaking of thick abundant hair, I have it. Lots of people have great hair. Both sides of my family have great hair, We all have thick, abundant hair, some have straight or wavy hair, but we have lots of it. All the old people in my family, men and women, still have full heads of hair.

Even those in my family who had cancer, and treatments which caused hair loss, their hair grew back, just as thick and luxurious as before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169May 15, 2022 11:49 PM

But is their hair thick AND abundant, R169?

by Anonymousreply 170May 15, 2022 11:51 PM

Calm down, R469. As far as how anyone looks in a movie, you can guarantee their do been enhanced with products. It's rarely natural on any actor. That's a fact.

by Anonymousreply 171May 16, 2022 1:44 PM

S/B - R169, the hair freak

by Anonymousreply 172May 16, 2022 2:07 PM

Jane Fonda would never get invited to this party! Now that's an orgy. Look at all that abundant, thick and luxurious hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173May 17, 2022 2:23 AM

Thick, luxuriant, healthy, real hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174May 17, 2022 4:07 AM

^ she looks hideous ^

And that's not her hair. Ha.

by Anonymousreply 175May 17, 2022 4:12 AM

[quote]Thick, luxuriant, healthy, real hair.

[bold]Actually that probably IS real hair, but not Jane's! [/bold] 😂 🤣😂 🤣

Don't try to distract from the original hair conversation, you know damn well I was talking about the old photos of Jane as a young woman. Anyone can see she was not wearing wigs in those photos, she always had great hair.

I'm not even a big fan, but I can tell when someone has great hair and is not wearing a wig.

Anyone can see the blond hairpiece you your linked photo isn't Jane's own hair.

STFU.

by Anonymousreply 176May 17, 2022 4:21 AM

Jane has never been a classically beautiful women. She was very attractive during her teens through her late 40's with the right hair and make up. I always liked her 1963 look when she filmed "Sunday In New York". Then time, weather, and gravity caught up with her. I remember seeing a YouTube video of Jane being interviewed when she was around 50 which would have been approximately 1988. I was surprised how old she looked. A very lined leathery looking face from years of tanning in the California and European sunshine. Her hair was salt and pepper . Seeing that interview may have been one of the reasons she started on the road of endless plastic surgeries. She sure looks bizarre now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177May 17, 2022 6:48 AM

I believe Jane is battling some type of cancer.

by Anonymousreply 178May 17, 2022 8:07 AM

^ They thought it was brain cancer. Then they did the MRI & confirmed what we all knew. Brainless Twit promoted due to Nepotism.

by Anonymousreply 179May 17, 2022 11:36 AM

R176, it's time for YOU to STFU

by Anonymousreply 180May 17, 2022 12:40 PM

Some people in my family were at a Brown graduation with her and Ted Turner and she looked normally old for her age back then, in the mid nineties.

by Anonymousreply 181May 17, 2022 3:21 PM

[quote]I remember seeing a YouTube video of Jane being interviewed when she was around 50 which would have been approximately 1988. I was surprised how old she looked.

She was on Barbara Walters plugging the movie Stanley and Iris with Robert De Niro in 1988. They shot her "long distance," no close-ups. I don't know why, I could see Jane had recently gotten her first facelift.

by Anonymousreply 182May 17, 2022 3:39 PM

[quote] What about CAT BALLOU?

R168 Confusingly, I couldn't take my 10-year-old gayling's eyes off her when I saw the movie in a theater. In retrospect, maybe she reminded me of her brother Peter.

by Anonymousreply 183May 18, 2022 5:54 AM

She couldn't have plugged Stanley and Iris on Barbara Walters in 1988 R182, they didn't start filming until 1989 and the movie wasn't released until 1990. She had just finished filming that stinker "Old Gringo" with Gregory Peck in Mexico, I assume she was on to talk about that.

by Anonymousreply 184May 18, 2022 12:34 PM

Then I screwed up the dated, R184. Jane and new facelift were on Barbara Walters in 1990.

by Anonymousreply 185May 18, 2022 1:15 PM

No, she was definitely on 20/20 with Barbara Walters in 1988, mostly to apologize for her visit to Hanoi during the Vietnam War, and she had had her first face lift by then. I think her eating disorder(s) aged her very quickly. I don't think she promoted Stanley and Iris with Babs.

by Anonymousreply 186May 18, 2022 2:02 PM

[quote][R176], it's time for YOU to STFU

Sweetie darling, do make sure your toupee is glue on tight!

by Anonymousreply 187May 20, 2022 3:22 AM

I think Jane looks amazing for being her age. She is an amazing actress, too. I do think she had a tumor removed from her lip, a few years back. Probably from smoking.

Someone here posted a comment about Jane, looking like her hair was hit with flour-lol. Is there a way to make gray hair look shinier/silvery without hair dye.

by Anonymousreply 188May 20, 2022 3:35 AM

Who gives a fuck if she had a bit of skin cancer on her lip? She had the muscles cut that stops your nose from spreading when you smile, which creates greater space between the nose and upper lip.

So then Jane had to get V to the Y lip lift to try to fix that problem. Lip fillers of course. All the stuff she had previously be cautious about, she has done in the last 5 years. So at last, she looks like a freak.

Jane admitted to a chin implant a few years ago because they couldn't get her jaw any tighter with face and neck lifts - SO, her whole face is fucked now. It's a different shape. She's had another brow lift and upper eye job. None of it is for the better. She doesn't look like Jane Fonda at all. She has trout mouth, her eyes scooped out that never looks good on someone so OLD and this LONG face. Lots of botox and fillers. Things that she previously said she didn't like. She is preserved, but no longer attractive.

Really, Really Stupid Woman. She's always been her own worst enemy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189May 20, 2022 3:52 AM

Do they really cut your ears off to do face lifts? Wth?

by Anonymousreply 190May 20, 2022 3:55 AM

It's sexist how woman have to work so hard with makeup and surgeries, while men just go to pot.

I think there is some honesty in this scene from Grace and Frankie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191May 20, 2022 3:59 AM

R189 she’s always had a pretty long, narrow face. But not in a bad way. Just delicate.

I have seen interviews with her from around the time she was 40/early 40s and while still very pretty, her face was quite leathery. I’m not sure if it was sun related or other things, but if we all noticed it I’m sure she did that much more.

by Anonymousreply 192May 20, 2022 4:09 AM

You're blind if you can't see the difference R192. Jane Fonda looks like a fucking Troll Doll now.

There's nothing delicate about her except her nutrient deprived bones. Hideous looking woman. She looks like Hedda Nussbaum.

by Anonymousreply 193May 20, 2022 4:21 AM

I like her acting. She's legendary.

by Anonymousreply 194May 20, 2022 4:23 AM

All of you disser, bitches will be begging to look that Muppety if you are lucky or strong enough to live that long. Most people wind up looking like melted pillar candles.

by Anonymousreply 195May 20, 2022 5:55 AM

R193 it’s ok - I realize that, all I was saying was that her natural face shape is pretty narrow, no matter what she has had done.

by Anonymousreply 196May 20, 2022 6:16 AM

Jane's mouth looks like a baboon's ass ! Poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 197May 20, 2022 7:41 AM

R3

you have a choice, they can hide the scar inside the ear which ruins the lips OR you can get a vertical lift like Clooney, Pitt and Biden. It leaves the scars vertically in front of the ear. Vertical is great if you were makeup for public appearances, vertical is great. If you do not everyone will always know you got lifted, the scars never truly fade.

by Anonymousreply 198May 20, 2022 7:46 AM

Lily's work is definitely more conservative. I noticed in a recent CBS Sunday Morning Interview, Lily's face looked a little less perky / taut than it does in the recent season. I know she wears a wig for the show, so I'm willing to bet they have some old school (but no less effective) 'scotch tape and strings' giving things a little lift underneath.

Jane sadly has overdone the botox and fillers. Which is unfortunate, as she was THE example of how to do cosmetic surgery understatedly but with a huge impact. A great upper and lower face lift (moving not only skin but the muscle layers underneath) will do wonders. And with 1 or 2 little tune-ups along the way into your 70s, it can avoid the need for Botox and Juvaderm entirely. A WAY better look.

Unfortunately, Nicole Kidman is now gone way too far with the botox and fillers. She's had at least 2-3 lifts...so much so that she doesn't have any sideburn area hair left. It's unfortunate as it makes her upper jaw area ahead of the ear look ridiculously out of scale.

by Anonymousreply 199May 20, 2022 8:44 AM

[quote]Someone here posted a comment about Jane, looking like her hair was hit with flour-lol. Is there a way to make gray hair look shinier/silvery without hair dye.

I don't know how that would be done unless it's a simple purchase from this merchant:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200May 20, 2022 2:38 PM

Really, so sad to see plastic surgery SO overdone.

by Anonymousreply 201May 20, 2022 2:43 PM

Al Hirschfeld complained about Carol Burnett getting a face lift. Something about how he had to draw her.

by Anonymousreply 202May 20, 2022 4:26 PM

Carol Burnett got work done on her chin that for some reason was a huge news story in the 80's.

The Golden Girls made a joke about it.

by Anonymousreply 203May 20, 2022 9:32 PM

Didn't Burnett have a chin implant and she publicly acknowledged it? Basically, she said she always wanted one (a chin). I have a difficult time seeing the difference really.

by Anonymousreply 204May 20, 2022 10:11 PM

If only there was a way to go onto a computer and search for that information!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205May 20, 2022 10:14 PM

Carol Burnett ANNOUNCED and described how she had a chin implant. The reality was that she had a full facelift along with it. Celebrities do this a lot to distract.

by Anonymousreply 206May 20, 2022 10:15 PM

Jane's first magazine cover at age 21 was the July 1959 issue of Vogue Magazine. This was a good makeup job and hairstyle for her. Description on Table Of Contents page COVER "First of July look that promises not to skip a beat of its charm on the way to October - honeyed skin; a touch more of eye-makeup; lipstick a touch pinker; hair worn loose, longish, apparently streaming sunshine. To that end, you might investigate the news of a temporary colourer and hair-conditioner by Helen Curtis - Riviera Rinse, in a sunniness called Spice Brown. One salon dispensing this sunshine now: Maison Antoine, at Saks Fifth Avenue. Lipstick-coloured gloves, by Wear-Right. At Saks Fifth Avenue."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207May 21, 2022 1:14 AM

Did Clooney, Pitt and Biden really have face lifts. I can't tell.

by Anonymousreply 208May 21, 2022 5:19 AM

My favorite Fonda era is her sex kitten 60s. So cute and hot and impeccable delivery. Good dramatic actor but better at comedy and I prize that a lot more. It seems to take so much more talent. As they say dying is easy comedy is hard.

by Anonymousreply 209May 21, 2022 10:16 AM

Jane isn't much fun. But she's made more than three GREAT films and a few more that are pretty damn good. Her acting is more praiseworthy than her relentless public persona.

Lauren Bacall wrote in her book about one of those 60s Roddy McDowall gatherings - that Jane Fonda was the prettiest girl she'd ever seen.

Jane Fonda had a perfect body, great looks and a deep talent. She is not a surface actress, which is why she can also be very bad. She should have let herself finish growing up and old.

Or at least not Frankensteined her face.

by Anonymousreply 210May 24, 2022 4:38 AM

I was kind of shocked by Lily Tomlin’s visage when I first started watching Grace & Frankie. She was mask-like.

by Anonymousreply 211May 24, 2022 5:39 PM

[quote] She is not a surface actress, which is why she can also be very bad

Someone please explain to me wtf this means. Or is it just gibberish. How in the world does “not a surface actress” make you worse?

by Anonymousreply 212May 25, 2022 1:00 AM

R211, when you've been a the Datalounge for over a year, you'll understand "gibberish."

by Anonymousreply 213May 25, 2022 1:17 AM

Huh. How are you that pedantic and linear, R212? Aka dumb. Nothing is gibberish about my statement that says because Fonda goes deep into character, it also makes her vulnerable to giving some terrible performances. For all kinds of reasons. Beyond your comprehension. I guess?

See Merly Streep. She bats about .310

Fonda is no longer a good or interesting actress. So I guess she always meets your expectations.

by Anonymousreply 214May 25, 2022 4:43 AM

Give it to her. Brain shame that bitch!

by Anonymousreply 215May 25, 2022 4:52 AM

In her interview with Robert Osborne Angela Lansbury who had very little negative to say about anybody was not reluctant to say working with Jane was not a pleasure.

by Anonymousreply 216May 25, 2022 11:24 PM

[quote]See Merly Streep

OH DEAR

by Anonymousreply 217May 25, 2022 11:37 PM

[quote] Didn't Burnett have a chin implant and she publicly acknowledged it? Basically, she said she always wanted one (a chin). I have a difficult time seeing the difference really.

Carol B. did have a receding chin. The implant made sense. I never thought about it, but I guess she did *announce* the chin implant to deflect from the face lift, blepharoplasty, etc.

by Anonymousreply 218May 25, 2022 11:44 PM

21 year old Jane and Tony Perkins in the Fall of 1959. She wasn't able to seduce him when she invited him into her dressing room when she was naked. Jane could play the Joker with her hair dyed green and very little makeup work in the next Batman movie . Tony, if he were still alive, would be a good bald Egghead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219July 12, 2022 3:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!